Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: The Covenant

• Start Topic

I really enjoyed this episode. Both Saul and Carrie are onto Dar's game. I enjoyed Saul's confrontation of his sister. I loved Quinn beating down the dealer with one blow and taking his gun. Now that Quinn is onto Dar's man spying on Carrie, I expect death and destruction to follow. Carrie means well, but Seko is a dumbass.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

I liked the episode, especially Quinn getting back to his awesome self.  I thought the Saul/sister scene was clunky and ridiculous, and I just don't even understand why it was there except to get (another)  dig into Israel, as they've been doing this season (references to overreacting etc.).  

I couldn't decide if the significance of the cigarette pack was that the whole thing was an Israeli set-up, or that the Israelis had killed the Iranian.  

For me, the great acting of Mandy P. and F. Murray just elevates anything they're in, so I enjoy watching just to see them.  I disliked how Carrie manages to get everything her way, after all. 

• Love 4

This episode reminded me of a quote from the second Harold and Kumar movie in which a character responds to the idea of rubbing one's nuts on someone else's toothbrush. Ooooh that's nasty... but I like it!

Lots going on in this episode. First and foremost, Saul is still a wily old fox in the spy game and will not be fooled again by people whispering what he wants to hear. Dar Adal gets creative in his reporting and Carrie spots it right away. Carrie is still her usual rude, favor-calling self but actually manages to find one bridge she hasn't fully burnt yet.

I've never been to the West Bank and I have to say it's not high on my list of places to travel before I die but I must wonder... to go from Israeli settlement to occupied Palestine one simply opens a gate and walks on in? It was a courtesy gate too because the wall beside it looked trivial to climb over.

Isn't Dar Adal taking his career into his own hands by running a surveillance op on the POTUS-elect? The CIA isn't supposed to operate domestically. Having said that this show is entirely about things the CIA isn't supposed to do.

I loved that once Quinn started getting his memories back he remembered how to be a soldier first and foremost. Realistic? Fuck no? Awesome? Fuck yes!

• Love 5

My theory on the cigarette pack was that the Iranian official had already met with the Mossad agents in the hotel room prior to Saul being present.  The Iranian is a double agent for Mossad and is playing his part to convince Saul - and by result the CIA and PEOTUS - that the CIA/USA need to step in.

But it's all a set-up by Mossad/Dar Adal to force the new administration to stay the course set by the previous administration/CIA.

Saul is just a patsy.  Dar knows why Carrie suggested him as the person to go to the source and get the real scoop on what's going down so Dar and that female Mossad agent (don't remember her name) he met with last episode set up this encounter to get Saul to give the PEOTUS the information they want her to trust in and believe.

• Love 8

Awesome to see Quinn back to kicking ass (although I admit I was worried he was still to weak to take out even that lame guy Tommy).

Saul won my heart when he admitted that he loves shredding.

And I bet Mandy Patinkin had to laugh at Dar's line this week: "As you wish."

The thing about Saul is that he, like Carrie, still truly believes that he can make the world a better place (unlike Dar who is much more pragmatic and cynical), so when he asked his sister how she could he happy making enemies and knowing that her presence makes peace less likely, I thought wow, Saul really can't see the parallel between her situation and the U.S. having a presence in many areas of the world where this is also true. But I love that about Saul - his patriotism and duty are heartfelt, not a power grabbing mindfuck. I feel like Dar's main motivation anything is because he enjoys the game and the manipulation and watching the pieces move around the chessboard.

Sometimes I just shake my head because Carrie has the audacity to ask so many people for favors, but then I realize, well, why shouldn't she keep asking since people keep helping her, no matter how much they protest first?

• Love 3

I think these relationships are unbreakable because they have all gone through hell together so doing risky favors for Carrie probably seems like small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

Uh, oh. Is that old Quinn coming back or a new Quinn emerging? Either way, I liked the way he handled his business with the drug dealer who robbed him.

Carrie. Just stays turning messes into much bigger ones that she decides only she can clean up. Always has to be the hero no matter how much grief she leaves in her wake. It reminds me of when the Avengers destroy a city while they're fighting each other.

So is Quinn deep in the throes of paranoia or is someone in the house across the street actually spying on Carrie (or on Quinn)?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I know! Saul...he's just like us!

They've used "As you wish" before so hopefully they'll start rotating their PB references.

9 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I've never been to the West Bank and I have to say it's not high on my list of places to travel before I die but I must wonder... to go from Israeli settlement to occupied Palestine one simply opens a gate and walks on in? It was a courtesy gate too because the wall beside it looked trivial to climb over.

I can sort of answer this. When I was in Israel a couple of years ago I was surprised by the ease with which it's possible to get in to the West Bank. Now, going from the West Bank to enter Israel, that's a different story. Everyone is subject to scrutiny going in that direction.

• Love 1

Given all the questions about Irans nuclear program, why can't Saul and the CIA get the info from the high ranking intelligence officer they turned back in S3  ? They seem to have forgotten about the fact that have such a high ranking asset. 

• Love 3

If this has been mentioned already, I apologize, but...uh, what happened to Carrie's bi-polar disorder? Guess she's on some good meds. Also, they probably covered that enough in the previous seasons. It's just strange, it's not like it goes away.  Maybe she just needs more stress. Ouch! That was cruel. Seriously just kidding.

I agree with all the Saul love. The writers give him great depth of character.  Hopefully Carrie will get written a bit better in coming episodes.  I was getting tired of damaged Quinn, but he's got my interest again.  I don't know what to think about PEOTUS. The showrunners have admitted they thought, like almost everyone in the world, that the U.S. was going to have a female president. OOPS  It shouldn't matter because it's not like it's a totally original idea. But, depending on your political beliefs, you are either laughing about it or feeling this nasty sting every time she is on screen. I don't mean this to be a political discussion, just an observation about the show tied to present events- what the show had been great at doing up to this season.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Bama said:

My theory on the cigarette pack was that the Iranian official had already met with the Mossad agents in the hotel room prior to Saul being present.  The Iranian is a double agent for Mossad and is playing his part to convince Saul - and by result the CIA and PEOTUS - that the CIA/USA need to step in.

But it's all a set-up by Mossad/Dar Adal to force the new administration to stay the course set by the previous administration/CIA.

Saul is just a patsy.  Dar knows why Carrie suggested him as the person to go to the source and get the real scoop on what's going down so Dar and that female Mossad agent (don't remember her name) he met with last episode set up this encounter to get Saul to give the PEOTUS the information they want her to trust in and believe.

Thank you.  I couldn't quite get where they were going with that.  I half expected the package to blow up! ;)

11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The thing about Saul is that he, like Carrie, still truly believes that he can make the world a better place (unlike Dar who is much more pragmatic and cynical), so when he asked his sister how she could he happy making enemies and knowing that her presence makes peace less likely, I thought wow, Saul really can't see the parallel between her situation and the U.S. having a presence in many areas of the world where this is also true. But I love that about Saul - his patriotism and duty are heartfelt, not a power grabbing mindfuck. I feel like Dar's main motivation anything is because he enjoys the game and the manipulation and watching the pieces move around the chessboard.

I enjoyed the reference but forgot that Mandy starred in the Princess Bride!  Next week: "My name is Dar Adal.  You killed my CIA budget.  Prepare to die. "

I do like Saul and Carrie's optimism about the world.  It keeps them likeable in spite of the sometimes horrible things that they do.

Really enjoyed Saul's argument with his sister.  I felt like I could understand both sides of the situation and it showed how truly polarizing it is.

15 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Okay, I live in Jerusalem I've travelled in some of these areas for work I also work with Palestinians who travel from the PA on the regular, so let me explain. What you call the West Bank is the areas previously occupied by the Jordanian forces (west bank of the Jordan river), it includes parts of Jerusalem, Judea and the Shomrom. All these 3 areas had both Jewish and Arab populations before 1948, so some settlements were returning communities and some were just built as new housing. The ones within Jerusalem (Pisgat Ze'ev for expample) are not fenced in, there are no natural barriers and all you need to do to get there is get on a bus or drive pr take the the tram. In regards to the west bank it's split into areas under control of the palestinian authority and areas under Israeli control. There is no impediment to enter the west bank, everyone goes on the same road (you do drive quickly through a multi lane checkpoint but don't really stop), and takes their preferred exit. Although it is Illegal for Israelis to enter areas under PA control, there are huge red warning signs on the entrance to any roads leading there. It's the same road for everyone until you reach your exit. If you exit to a settlement you will come to a (private) security post and a huge ass gate, attached to a huge security fence. Because only about 10% of the west bank is built on all you're likely to see is countryside surrounding the place. It's like a huge boring suburb with confusing bus schedules but okay people. I used to look after a special needs toddler some nights and often was forced to hitchhike back to civilisation with some very nice open minded people. Basically this was not an accurate depiction, and both those characters are wrong. The whole dialogue was over simplified and not in full possession of the facts.

• Love 7

Some comments based on the discussion in the thread to date/ (Please excuse not quoting, but I think it'll make sense.

The cigarette pack. The discovery of the empty pack in the trash can by Saul, after interrogating the Iranian, immediately leads to Saul deciding to go "visit his sister in Israel," and then his middle of the night departure from her house in the settlements to be picked up by a car just outside the settlement gate and wall. Clearly Saul thinks he is on to something and needs to meet with someone in Israel. I'm not sure where those scenes were filmed, given the short turnaround this season is having production-wise, but it would not surprise me if in fact they sent a crew to film in Israel. It's hard to duplicate those exterior shots of the settlement and the neighboring villages, but it did look a lot like what was filmed for the film Exodus almost 60 years ago which was filmed entirely on location. As to whether the Iranian is a double agent or not, that's an interesting question. Having an agent inside the Revolutionary Guards would be a intelligence coup that would be greatly protected.

Dar. Dar had always had a separate agenda than Saul, and this season it's more apparent. Dar's out to prove how valuable he is to the PEOTUS. Dar doesn't trust Carrie, and perhaps never had, so his spying on Carrie isn't much of a surprise/ So far, Carrie has been seen giving fair counsel to the PEOTUS  the only thing they have is that she's actually advising Keane out of sight of others, which does make sense for Carrie given her career (and Brody). It's not clear so far that Dar is responsible for whoever was entering Carrie's house (although that's as good as guess as any.)

Quinn. Quinn is recovering, and his mind is working normally again, or close to it. The events in last week's episode, and the apparent decision Carrie made to have Quinn stop taking all his meds except for the one for his seizures seems to have led Quinn's mind back to reality. Quinn may still have injuries from his personal hell in Berlin from last season, but he's recognized something fishy is going on and that Carrie seems to be the target; especially since the house across the street seems to really be a stakeout. (By whom?) And there were things from his trip to the market down the street in last week's episode that caught his attention as well. Something's really got his attention, and getting the gun and giving Tommy was he deserved for robbing Quinn in the first place, and his paying attention to what is going on along that street shows Quinn's getting back to form. But to what purpose? That two week break is going to be a killer!

I freaking love to shred myself. It is a highly undervalued therapeutic tool.

I went to Israel in 1987, long before any overt terrorism toward Americans had occurred.  My group went through the very check point Saul used. It took hours, so I imagine its much worse today. I've seen it appear in some recent series including An Honorable Woman and it looks exactly the way I remember it. The actual city they used as a stand in looks like Haifa because of all the red roofs present. I'm neither Jewish, nor Muslim, so I have no dog in the fight Saul had with his sister, but I thought it wasn't fair. Saul bulldozing his opinions in place he doesn't spend time in was predictable, but I saw the real reason he was there from a mile away. I think Dar would too.

I think I squeaked just a bit when Quinn went after the thug boyfriend. He's BACK.

Carrie is still...Carrie. I keep expecting her to burst into flames from all the nervous energy she exudes.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Ina123 said:

I can't believe that the kid went from scared to death of a long prison sentence to freedom by sheer luck to back to YouTube videos. Dumb shit deserves what he gets.

Since he is a Nigerian refugee (not US born), if not prison, they can just deport him - done all the time refugees with even minor offenses (see New Yorker article).

I would like to think that on his exit someone informs him that he will never be off radar and anything he does on his phone, internet or computer is under surveillance - but apparently either that didn't happen or it did and he is just a young fool on his way to becoming an old fool or worse.

Also, kids don't necessarily get a free ride on Homeland and I think that worse will be his fate. 

On 1/30/2017 at 10:47 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Carrie. Just stays turning messes into much bigger ones that she decides only she can clean up. Always has to be the hero no matter how much grief she leaves in her wake. It reminds me of when the Avengers destroy a city while they're fighting each other.

And yet the PEOTUS seems to trust her judgment more than that of any of the CIA people advising her through the transition.  Has it been established why she has to much faith in Carrie?  And I'll bet I'm not the only one who knew, as soon as Carrie walked into that restaurant, that she would be led to a back room to meet with PEOTUS.  Honestly, at this point I believe that the only completely unpredictable scene so far this season was the conversation between Saul and his sister about the settlements; at least that's something you don't see in every other drama.

It initially annoyed me no end that Carrie seemed to think personally apologizing to the kid was going to help anything. Seemed something only a narcissist would believe. ("Aren't I a good person for taking responsibility?") But later, I felt like, OK, this is the process she has to go through to get to the result. She has to narcissistically apologize. She has to take the well-deserved abuse from the kid for thinking that her apology would mean anything. And only then can she turn this abuse into the motivation to figure out a solution. It seemed like she couldn't get to Point C without going through Points A and B first. So that made sense to me...it's her "process," and it works to get results.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Milburn Stone said:

She has to narcissistically apologize. She has to take the well-deserved abuse from the kid for thinking that her apology would do squat. And only then can she turn this abuse into the motivation to figure out a solution. It seemed like she couldn't get to Point C without going through Points A and B first. So that made sense to me...it's her "process," and it works to get results.

It might be as simple as the fact that she is driven to be as painfully honest as possible, no matter the cost to her. She did it when Peter tried to kiss her in this ep, too. Pretty damn bluntly for dealing with someone with serious mental and physical issues. She did it in the earlier ep, when she confronted Saul for selling her out in the papers - in a crowded restaurant, no less. She doesn't seem to care that it comes at a cost to her. She has to do it, to let others know how she feels or what she did, because she is driven to it for some reason beyond her bi-polarness.

On 1/30/2017 at 8:52 PM, theschnauzers said:

Dar had always had a separate agenda than Saul, and this season it's more apparent. Dar's out to prove how valuable he is to the PEOTUS.

What was it in past seasons? I came late to Homeland, and watched seasons out of order. I've never seen an ep that explains why Dar doesn't work aboveboard with Saul. He always seems to be doing something for his own agenda, sometimes in purposeful opposition to Saul. Why?

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 0:39 PM, garyvp said:

Since he is a Nigerian refugee (not US born), if not prison, they can just deport him - done all the time refugees with even minor offenses (see New Yorker article).

I would like to think that on his exit someone informs him that he will never be off radar and anything he does on his phone, internet or computer is under surveillance - but apparently either that didn't happen or it did and he is just a young fool on his way to becoming an old fool or worse.

Also, kids don't necessarily get a free ride on Homeland and I think that worse will be his fate. 

Is he still a refugee or did he and his mother and sister become green card holders? I can't remember if they mentioned that. Even if he has a green card/permanent resident card, he can still get deported if charged with a crime. But all the charges were dropped so who knows.

5 hours ago, Ottis said:

IWhat was it in past seasons? I came late to Homeland, and watched seasons out of order. I've never seen an ep that explains why Dar doesn't work aboveboard with Saul. He always seems to be doing something for his own agenda, sometimes in purposeful opposition to Saul. Why?

IIRC, it was apparent to an extent in the early seasons when Saul and Carrie were helping Brody and Dar was more by the book "let 'em hang" where Brody was concerned. Don't forget after the Langley bombing, it was Saul who became acting CIA director, not Dar, and I believe you can trace the different agendas that far back.

• Love 1
On 1/30/2017 at 0:00 PM, Ina123 said:

I can't believe that the kid went from scared to death of a long prison sentence to freedom by sheer luck to back to YouTube videos. Dumb shit deserves what he gets.

Did I miss something or is this discussion of something NOT in this episode?  What YouTube video?

Also strange that the kid was all, "I'm innocent, I don't want a plea bargain", then all of the sudden is scared of a trial, which is what you get when you don't plea bargain.

I hope we see how the hell the PEOTUS's own private dining area was bugged.  She needs to be more careful, and Carrie too.  She should have been on watch as she knows Saul suspects her of advising PEOTUS.

Still excellent TV, a soothing balm after the usual garbage on broadcast television.

Edited by CaptainE
  • Love 1

I have to admit, I was surprised at Carrie's reaction to the government's smackdown on Seko - not that the government weren't acting in a completely fascistic manner there, just that she should have expected that "poking the bear" was going to mean Seko would suffer. But she seemed to genuinely be surprised when her meddling caused the government to withdraw the Plea Bargain - but what did she expect? Granted, she did make good by utilising her old contacts, but I wouldn't have thought Carrie would be so naïve.

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Is that old Quinn coming back or a new Quinn emerging? Either way, I liked the way he handled his business with the drug dealer who robbed him

I liked the way Quinn took down the drug dealer by out-thinking him rather than out-fighting him (which would be implausible, given his physical limitations). I also wondered if the surveillance on Carrie's house was just a paranoid delusion of Quinn's or whether it was real (presumably Dar, but it seems rather a waste of resources, IMO). And on the subject of Dar

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:52 AM, theschnauzers said:

Dar's out to prove how valuable he is to the PEOTUS. Dar doesn't trust Carrie, and perhaps never had, so his spying on Carrie isn't much of a surprise

I loved PEOTUS choosing Dar to continue in his post very much because he's the devil she (and Carrie) know rather than the one she might not!

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:48 AM, mjc570 said:

I couldn't decide if the significance of the cigarette pack was that the whole thing was an Israeli set-up, or that the Israelis had killed the Iranian

And I thought it might indicate the Iranians had turned an Israeli agent (and could be true, I guess)!

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, Msample said:

why can't Saul and the CIA get the info from the high ranking intelligence officer they turned back in S3

Don't bring things like continuity into this!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, John Potts said:

I have to admit, I was surprised at Carrie's reaction to the government's smackdown on Seko - not that the government weren't acting in a completely fascistic manner there, just that she should have expected that "poking the bear" was going to mean Seko would suffer. But she seemed to genuinely be surprised when her meddling caused the government to withdraw the Plea Bargain - but what did she expect? Granted, she did make good by utilising her old contacts, but I wouldn't have thought Carrie would be so naïve.

This is the sort of thing I meant when I was referring to Carrie's "process." It appears she has to fuck up big time in order to have the fuel that motivates her to figure out how to make everything right. No fuck-up, no fuel. It's messy, but it "works." :)

I imagine it is real, but I think it would be an interesting twist if nothing Quinn sees as a threat is real....and it is Carrie for once that has to actually save him.  Of course, he'll save Carrie because it's Homeland.  

I didn't understand the scene between Carrie and Sekou with how they wrote Sekou.   He went from...whatever lady, I don't want a plea to being enraged about not getting a plea deal and there just wasn't written well to make it believable.  I am liking this storyline this year....especially in the world we live in.  Sekou is a threat, but he hasn't committed a crime.  So, what does the government do?  Good question, but create crimes where they do not exist is not the answer.  

I am surprised that in none of her meetings with the PEOTUS that she hasn't mentioned the issues she's having with muslims being denied their rights, etc.  Carrie is a dog with a bone and she spends some time in front of the most important and powerful person in the country.  It isn't smart to start off trying to get favors or manipulate the future president, but since when has Carrie not done something just because it's not smart.    Also, on the flip side....how does it not bother PEOTUS what Carrie does for a living?  

• Love 2
On ‎1‎.‎2‎.‎2017 at 7:48 PM, Ottis said:

What was it in past seasons? I came late to Homeland, and watched seasons out of order. I've never seen an ep that explains why Dar doesn't work aboveboard with Saul. He always seems to be doing something for his own agenda, sometimes in purposeful opposition to Saul. Why?

If I remember right, Dar was at first introduced as the chief of department that arranged assassinations and other dirty things.  Saul was more a traditional intelligence officer. He trusted that he could turn an enemy agent by talking, once he had put him on the tight corner. So their methods are different.

Carrie was taught by Saul to whom he was a father figure whereas Quinn was found as a teenager by Dar who used him as a prostitute and then as an assassin. However, Quinn refused to follow Dar's order to Brody because he felt that it would crush Carrie whom he regarded the best case officer.

Recently, Dar and Saul's roles have been intertwined. In the fourth series Dar saved Saul from embarrassment video by making a deal with talebans (very unprofessional IMO) and promised to put him to the short list as a candidate to a CIA chef (a plan that failed). 

Instead, in the fifth series it was Saul who ordered Quinn to murder persons who recruited young Muslims to ISIS in Germany. And he also killed Alison as a personal revenge.

Also, in the fifth series Quinn had the best political analysis: the USA had had the same short-time military plan time after time, never a long-time political-economical-cultural plans (he didn't mention Germany and Japan after WW2 but the parallel was clear).

On ‎30‎.‎1‎.‎2017 at 0:44 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The thing about Saul is that he, like Carrie, still truly believes that he can make the world a better place (unlike Dar who is much more pragmatic and cynical), so when he asked his sister how she could he happy making enemies and knowing that her presence makes peace less likely, I thought wow, Saul really can't see the parallel between her situation and the U.S. having a presence in many areas of the world where this is also true. But I love that about Saul - his patriotism and duty are heartfelt, not a power grabbing mindfuck.

As my old favorites are John le Carré's Gerge Smiley and Len Deighton's Bernard Samson, I can't help feeling that an intelligence officer like Saul with his fine words is phony, if not worse. It's not that I am against patriotism in itself, but Homeland's version of it is sooo childish.   

On ‎30‎.‎1‎.‎2017 at 4:54 AM, SimoneS said:

Seko is a dumbass.

I think that it's FBI that's dumbass by arranging fake evidence. It's no surer way to make a terrorist than put him a prison based on the false charge - or if not him, some of his relatives or frieds surely wants revenge injustice done to him.

Wouldn't it be much more  sensible to arrange those teenager boys something to do or study as well as get to know peaceful Muslims and non-Muslims who have no prejudices?    

On ‎31‎.‎1‎.‎2017 at 1:41 PM, WaltersHair said:

I'm neither Jewish, nor Muslim, so I have no dog in the fight Saul had with his sister, but I thought it wasn't fair. Saul bulldozing his opinions in place he doesn't spend time in was predictable, but I saw the real reason he was there from a mile away.

I doubt that being in the place gives a person an objective view about the situation. 

However, I think that the main point weren't arguments Saul and his sister used, but how they straightaway fell into the roles which they probably had had before their separation, perhaps even before. 

Plus, the meeting (as well one with Allison) gave us more information about Saul's background. They were raised in the same family in non-Jewish neigbourbood. Saul became a liberal and American and marrried an Indian woman. His sister married a religious Jew and moved to Israel.    

I wonder whether Saul's sister would have something to do with the plot or whether Saul's main aim to meet her was only a hoax of meeting someone he wanted to hide from Mossad.

On more thing: it was a little funny that Dar and Carrie know how Allison betrayed him personally and before all professionally, but his sister ask for reason why he and Mira separated. And Saul lied straightaway to her that there hadn't been nobody instead of saying at least "there was a little while but it failed" (he can't of course tell the truth).  Both matters tell about their distance.

BTV, Saul seems again to be like he was before the fifth season. I find it odd that he has so easily got over Allison's betrayal. Remember how Carrie behaved after Brody's death in the fourth season.   

On 30/01/2017 at 2:24 PM, Msample said:

Given all the questions about Irans nuclear program, why can't Saul and the CIA get the info from the high ranking intelligence officer they turned back in S3  ? They seem to have forgotten about the fact that have such a high ranking asset. 

That annoyed the shit out of me. This show is probably the worst for remembering what happened in previous seasons. It is practically an anthology series at this point. I mean that Iranian was I think defence minister or some very high ranking guy. If i remember he funded the Langley bombing (another thing they never talk about). You would think a CIA asset at that level coukd give them a shit ton of info on the nuclear program.

On ‎31‎.‎1‎.‎2017 at 5:52 AM, theschnauzers said:

Dar. Dar had always had a separate agenda than Saul, and this season it's more apparent. Dar's out to prove how valuable he is to the PEOTUS. Dar doesn't trust Carrie, and perhaps never had, so his spying on Carrie isn't much of a surprise/ So far, Carrie has been seen giving fair counsel to the PEOTUS  the only thing they have is that she's actually advising Keane out of sight of others, which does make sense for Carrie given her career (and Brody). It's not clear so far that Dar is responsible for whoever was entering Carrie's house (although that's as good as guess as any.)

If Dar's aim were only to prove how valuable he is to the PEOTUS, as Theschnauzers write, then he would have bee honest with the PEOTUS and therev´by gaining her trust. Instead, lying to her about Saul's opinion is the worst mistake he can do - especially as that lie would be revealed when Saul returns. (Not to speak of trying to betray her with the faked operation with the Israelis.)

No, Dar's aim is to decide about the US foreign policy to which he has no authority.   

On ‎30‎.‎1‎.‎2017 at 9:00 PM, Ina123 said:

Being stupid is no reason to get years in prison.  

• Love 1