Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: El Cuegle

Nick, Hank and Wu investigate a terrifying new Wesen who terrorizes a young family and has a surprising motive. Capt. Renard is reeling after an unexpected guest appears. Meanwhile, Diana has some interesting news for Monroe and Rosalee. Elsewhere, Eve returns to the catacombs beneath Nick's loft to search for answers to her bizarre visions and side effects from being healed by the mysterious stick.

Promo:

I for one am happy to see a Wesen-of-the-Week in our future.  I think that's where the show got lost -- they lost the serial/procedural battle.  The problem is when you finish telling the serial story, the show is naturally over.  Procedurals can last and have lasted 20 years or more, L&O and the like.  They have some character-based stories, but they're peripheral to the main act, in Grimm's case the WotW.  

I live in a rural area about 20 miles outside of Portland, but I did live in one of the inner residential areas for 15 years, so I'm especially heartbroken that I have lost my chance to randomly run into Sasha during filming season in NW Portland, the Pearl District it's called.  

• Love 9

After my complaints about going back to same old same old (after last week's episode) I found that I enjoyed the WotW story.

I don't like the whole idea of fate but, I rather enjoyed the ending. I left the episode thinking it was more of a self fulfilling prophecy. The future happened because of what the Wessen did...maybe.

• Love 3

It was nice to see a WOTW episode again. 

Renard, Diana, Monroe and Rosalee are moving out of Portland. I wonder if this will be in finale. And I hope they show the birth or births of Monroe and Rosalee's baby/babies. 

Diana worries me, and Renard isn't helping, I hope she doesn't hurt Nick. 

• Love 3

I definitely think Rosalie and Monroe will leave Portland by the end of the season, that's the end of their story (HEA).

I don't think Renard meant that he was leaving Portland, just that he was moving out of the house.

I suppose I should care about Juliet but I don't. 

• Love 4

Julieve is skulking under Nick's loft spying on him and Adalind and people think Diana's creepy?

The WotW story was delightfully grim. Basically, do you kill baby Hitler? I'm loathe to think of a predetermined fate as well. Basically the wesen were playing judge, jury, and executioner Minority Report style. Had any of them ever tried changing the futures they saw given ghe details they had. Seems like in this case he knew it was the toxic relationship of the parents that would twist the kid. Perhaps telling the mom to drop her dick husband might've been better than eating the kid?

I like Diana. Yeah, she's got those creepy eyes every now and then and taps into murder a little too speedily but she also is just a kid whoI think with the proper guidance would not be evil. Mama Kelly and Mesiner seem to have been the only ones to give her that chance. I liked her Daddy/Daughter time with Sean until he began influencing her regarding Nick. Sean wasn't treating her like a kid and being straightforward. They were cooking pasta. And then Sean showed he can be just as bad an influence and exploitative of Diana's powers as everyone else by nudging her homicidal tendencies towards Nick. Something tells me Adalind may end up in the crossfire which will turn Diana on Sean, Nick, and/or the world in the end. 

I wonder if Diana will see Meisner haunting Sean? I could totally accept Diana leaving with GhostMeisner and he raise her and leave Portland. Ha!

BTW, Meisner in a suit AND being snarky? Hot and hilarious. Wish they'd let the actor have this much fun in previous seasons. Oh, and not kill him. Sheesh.

• Love 4

Yeah I was a bit disappointed in Renards very obvious but subtle manipulation of Diana and her view of Nick. 

Way too much time spent on Eve in the tunnels. 

The WOTW definitely gave you something to think about, what a conundrum?

• Love 3

Yeah, despite being more of a Wesen of the Week episode, this might have been the best of the season so far.  I definitely agree with Nick and Hank about stopping El Cuegle, because it just isn't right killing babies, even if they could possibly end up being evil.  Sure, it is certainly possible those visions are legit (although, part of me does wonder about the whole prophecy thing), but to take it upon yourself to "deal with", just feels wrong, so why the Wesen was surprisingly more sympathetic then I expected, he still was wrong.  If he really thought his visions would end up being true, try other alternates like find a way to screw up the marriage early or, worse comes to worse, kidnap the baby and dump him off at an orphanage somewhere.  You don't have to automatically go to eating them, dude!

That said, I do think this vision will probably come to fruition.  The mother strikes me as someone who is going to be the worst helicopter parent of all time, but the dad is even worse, since he barely seems to stand him, let alone love him.  The biggest mystery is how those two ever got married, because they really seem like oil and water in their scenes.  I get the opposites attract idea, but they really didn't see healthy together.

Aww, father and daughter bonding time!  Cooking great meals with magic, playfully mocking mom, and then, naturally: subtly manipulating your daughter to kill Mom's new boyfriend.  Father of the Year!

Ghost Meisner continues to be the best. Especially since he's now got Renard yelling at him like a crazy person and hurling coffee at his window!

Assuming the show isn't stupid enough to kill either one of them, I definitely think they're setting it up for Rosalee and Monroe to leave Portland, by the time the finale rolls around.

Oh, and Juliette mopes around under Nick's house after finding out Nick and Adalind are still a thing, grabs the magic stick, which hurts herself, Nick, and brands a symbol in her palm.  Lame!

• Love 2

Yeah.  A WoTW is just what I needed and what the show should have stuck with as mentioned above, with only occasional glimpses into the characters personal lives.  L&O:SVU has managed to survive on the same network with the same format since 1999, they send characters off the show (or kill them!.) in order to bring on some new blood.   Juliette should have died in s4 and Adalind should have died in s5.

Kelly raised Diana from a baby until we saw her as a 3/4 year old, so I don't buy all of this evil crap and her not having ANY issues with Adalind or Sean.  Adalind sold Diana and Sean gave her away to Kelly to raise.  Diana has yet to question either parent as to why she was not being raised by them the entire time and why she was kidnapped away from the Resistance people.  If this child IS that powerful, why did she leave with Kelly in the first place and not stay with her parents?

I, too, think Monroe and Rosalie are going to leave town before their babies(!) are born and leave the spice shop to Nick and the gang.

Ugh.  Why can't JulietteEve just leave town?  Seriously.  

Renard was a real ass and I love it!  My sexy pants is pissed that he is not the Mayor and now has to move out of the yellow house.  

Meisner is hot.  That's all.  Hot!

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 4

I really liked this week's episode. There was a cool Wesen with a not quite neat ending. Remember when we had a ton of these in the first season?

Yeah, it was a "Would you kill baby Hitler" material had has been done a million times in fiction, but is was handled reasonably well. My opinion, you don't punish someone until AFTER they commit a crime. Just tell the all BS future seeing psychics in fiction to back the hell away.

The mother needed to stop being so damn obsessed with the baby, and the father needed to stop being such a dick and start humoring his wife about the "monster" that she saw. If she had been my wife I would be "Oh dear! What monster did you see tonight?"

Monrosalee and their plot as always seem to exist in their own much better written show.

Renard seeing ghost Meisner reminds me of that lame Jack the ripper plot, hopefully this new ghost plot ends much better.

Juliette/Eve and Adalind were just there, not really doing anything or taking too much screen time thankfully. Wish that was for every episode.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 2

Thought Renard would prepare something simple like chicken nuggets, salad, and fries. Typical kid food. I suppose pasta is always on hand, and maybe some sauce, so that may be simple. He should have passed on the wine, at least til dinner was done.

Interesting WotW. In his eyes, all three of them (past/present/future), he felt he was doing the right thing. A bit misguided in the 21st century. Is the future set? There are things probably in your personal life maze that you will encounter, but you do have free will. Will Augie grow up to kill his parents? If they continue to behave as they do, chances are he may. The Portland Police can see how unstable the two parents are. If things keep up, Augie may very well indeed snap. Or the parents could divorce, get counselling, etc.

I did like the cautionary tale of putting up too much stuff on social media - children's photos, activities, etc. that can help out those looking to help themselves find out.

Perhaps Rosalee is having twins.

Diana should stop manipulating her parents and those in her life.

Not hugely interested in Julieve's adventures in the tunnels.

• Love 1

I remember once (after seeing a slew of shows where the wife sees/hears something strange and her hubby doesn't believe her, leading to all sorts of murder and mayhem) making my husband promise to believe me if I ever told him something like that. I think he did, to humor me, but of course it all depends on the circumstance. It is kind of hard to believe in a man with three arms and three eyes. That husband was a real dick about it, though. 

I don't know why, but somehow, despite the baby menace, that third arm suddenly appearing out of that guy's neck just made me laugh every time. And they didn't really explain why he kept the kid alive, even getting him cough syrup, for a certain amount of time. Why not just eat him? Not that the show would  have gone there, but it did seem like they gave us a gobblebegook reason for the baby to have still been alive and kicking when Nick and company got there to save him.

Oh..and how do you get a third arm like that?  Because there have been times when I could have really used one.

I, too, thought that what with Rosalee being a "fox" and Monroe a "wolf," that they were expecting a litter of puppies!

Juliet suffering "angst?" No..just no.

I just hope that Monroe and Rosalee don't leave Portland until the end of the series. 

• Love 1

I love Monroe to pieces, but did Rosalee really need him to mansplain the saying about shoe-dropping to her? She brought it up because she fully understood it and knew that it applied to the situation. Neither she nor the audience needed him to go into detail about apartment living and taking off shoes after a long day of work. So I disagree that they're the best-written characters on the show, but they certainly are the best actors. Because they totally sold that scene despite my cringing at its content. Yay for multiple babies, because if anyone should populate this universe it's them.

I want a gif of Wu's overly enthusiastic "Woo!" at the beginning when Nick came back.

I really enjoyed the WOTW, not least because I kept thinking they were calling him "Uncle Wiggly."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Thog said:

I love Monroe to pieces, but did Rosalee really need him to mansplain the saying about shoe-dropping to her?

Monroe is such a trivia-nerd for both Wesen and general history (and don't ask me how I recognize that!)  So I think he was just jumping in with a historical explanation for a common phrase (again....don't ask me how I recognize that!); I can totally see him doing the same to Nick, or Hank, or Wu, if they had mentioned The Other Shoe business (probably while the other person's eyes glazed over!)

I certainly can, and have, done similar, no matter the gender of my audience, because a) knowing arcane stuff and b) passing it on to others is FUN.  Is that womansplaining (or Wild Sow-splaining?)  Nah, just Nerdsplaining!

I, too, thought that what with Rosalee being a "fox" and Monroe a "wolf," that they were expecting a litter of puppies!

Yes!

Edited by The Wild Sow
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

The show doesn't really seem to follow that though. If Wesen had kids like their animal parts did, both Rosalie and Monroe would have a ton of siblings all their same age.

The show seems to indicate that for the most part Wesen follow human rules when it comes to sex, romance, reproduction, etc.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Pointless filler episode. El Cuegle was a self-fulfilling prophecy. It didn't appear that there was any marital strife between the husband and wife until he intruded into their lives and the mother started babbling about seeing a monster, which the husband did not believe. We didn't see any evidence there was trouble between them prior to that. So if the baby grows up to be a psychopath because his parents fought all the time he's the one who's responsible for it in the first place. (And people don't become psychopaths because their parents fight anyway.)

I for one am happy to see a Wesen-of-the-Week in our future.  I think that's where the show got lost -- they lost the serial/procedural battle.

The problem is it's too late to hit "reset" and go back to that format. At least not while Renard and Black Claw are still in the game. If they'd had the guts to kill Renard off and wipe out Black Claw, then maybe they could have done something of a reset.

Am I crazy or has Ghost Meisner lost his accent?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Am I crazy or has Ghost Meisner lost his accent?

I thought I detected an accent, but maybe it wasn't as strong as previously?  I'm not sure.

One thing I liked was that there was open hostility between Renard and Nick, Hank and Wu.  I was afraid they would do a total reset to before the whole Black Claw mess.  If Renard keeps talking to himself and throwing shit around, is that disgruntled almost-replacement captain going to bring in more Black Claw remnants (there are some, we saw the federal judge) to topple him?  And I keep getting the vibe that Wu is going to go up against Renard and probably not survive.

Question:  el cuegle mentioned the bears right before expiring, and there were bears on the baby's blanket, but the meaning is going right over my head--what am I missing?

The most annoying parts were Eve messing about in the tunnel and Adalind telling Renard to text her his new address.  Really not big on important details of your daughter's life, eh?  Otherwise I found this enjoyable. 

Juliette is in the tunnel working through her transition. She used to be a vet who lived in a house she owned. Maybe something involving animals could be her new life once the stick purifies her?

I liked Meisner driving Renard back to the good side, and that he can manifest in physical and nonphysical forms. They didn't have enough time for Renard to start telling life stories, but it is clear that zauberbiests don't have powers of the same category - they can just have added strength when they get angry, and they have some knowledge about spells that female witches can do. Couldn't Renard tell Diana about his experiences?

Yes- too bad that Cuegle couldn't just change the course of the evil babies. Where is Trubel again?

12 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

Question:  el cuegle mentioned the bears right before expiring, and there were bears on the baby's blanket, but the meaning is going right over my head--what am I missing?

In the flashforward teenage August was shown wrapping the bear blanket around his gun to muffle the shots as he was about to shoot his parents.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, orza said:

In the flashforward teenage August was shown wrapping the bear blanket around his gun to muffle the shots as he was about to shoot his parents.

Thank you.  I did not notice that.  What a creepily awful thing for a killer to do -- well killing parents who love you probably wins the creepy awful sweepstakes.  So Hank and Nick were left to think that el cuegle's last words were about Auggie's blanket. 

4 hours ago, Thog said:

I love Monroe to pieces, but did Rosalee really need him to mansplain the saying about shoe-dropping to her?

My take was he was distracting her with the trivia. He told her this long-winded, slightly absurd story to lighten the moment and her fear. It was a weirdly written scene, though.

• Love 5
Just now, Jodithgrace said:

I remember once (after seeing a slew of shows where the wife sees/hears something strange and her hubby doesn't believe her, leading to all sorts of murder and mayhem) making my husband promise to believe me if I ever told him something like that. I think he did, to humor me, but of course it all depends on the circumstance. It is kind of hard to believe in a man with three arms and three eyes. That husband was a real dick about it, though.

Oh..and how do you get a third arm like that?  Because there have been times when I could have really used one.

"WSu, can you send through the clip from the drugstore? " "Paul, you need to see this, and then apologize profusely to your wife!"  She was not the only one to see El Cuegle.

The arm looked pretty useless where it was.

Just now, iMonrey said:

We didn't see any evidence there was trouble between them prior to that. So if the baby grows up to be a psychopath because his parents fought all the time he's the one who's responsible for it in the first place. (And people don't become psychopaths because their parents fight anyway.)

Dad thought Mom was spending far too much time with the baby.  So there was strife -- El Cuegle amplified it.

Just now, orza said:

I wonder why Nick didn't filch the blanket...

• Love 1

Once they got to the case of the week, it became a good episode.  A real throwback to the early seasons.  I loved the moral ambiguity, making you question who the real monster was, the baby eater or that husband.

• Love 1

Wow, its almost like this show gets a million times better when it focuses on the likable characters and Wessen stuff instead of boring and convoluted Wessen politics and screwing with the characters.

The case of the week was an interesting one, and I liked that they filled it with some moral greyness, and not just some Evil Wessen Bad Guy Monster. The guy playing him was a really good actor, I felt his pain, even know that he literally eats babies. I do have to say, I would think there are easier ways to prevent babies from growing up to become evil than just eating them. If he knew Auggie would grow up messed up because his parents argue all the time, why not just take the kid, travel far away, and drop him off at an orphanage or something? Or send the parents the number of a really good marriage counselor or something. He clearly hates what he does, you would think he could think of a few other options. In general, I feel like Eat Babies should never be Plan A.

Monroe and Rosalie are going to have a litter! Maybe it will run on cartoon kids movie logic and all the boys will be little wolves and the girls will be little foxes? I know that's never how Wessen have worked ever, and its probably just twins or something, but it sounds adorable!

Meisner the Sexy Ghost is a great addition to the show. Although is it me, or his accent less thick? Does that happen when you die and start haunting people?

Juliette screws around in tunnels, and...that's about it.

I call shenanigans on Monroe being surprised at the idea of an actual Monster. What about that lava monster they fought, or the spirits they have come access like La Llorona or those Native American vengeance ghosts?

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Wow, its almost like this show gets a million times better when it focuses on the likable characters and Wessen stuff instead of boring and convoluted Wessen politics and screwing with the characters.

The case of the week was an interesting one, and I liked that they filled it with some moral greyness, and not just some Evil Wessen Bad Guy Monster. The guy playing him was a really good actor, I felt his pain, even know that he literally eats babies. I do have to say, I would think there are easier ways to prevent babies from growing up to become evil than just eating them. If he knew Auggie would grow up messed up because his parents argue all the time, why not just take the kid, travel far away, and drop him off at an orphanage or something? Or send the parents the number of a really good marriage counselor or something. He clearly hates what he does, you would think he could think of a few other options. In general, I feel like Eat Babies should never be Plan A.

If you dropped the kid off in another state, they are supposed to check the missing and exploited kids registry. They'd probably do a DNA test. Auggie would be back with his parents soon after. If you take the kid to another country, you need a birth certificate to get Auggie a passport. They really need a good human trafficker to get the baby to another family.

If their visions didn't force el cuegle to woge, they'd be ideally suited to be social workers.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I call shenanigans on Monroe being surprised at the idea of an actual Monster. What about that lava monster they fought, or the spirits they have come access like La Llorona or those Native American vengeance ghosts?

I took that as Monroe being unintentionally funny, like because he is wesen he doesn't think of wesen as monsters.  And that it would be silly for Nick to think there were any other kind of non-standard or non-human creatures.  But you're right, that lava thing and a couple of others weren't wesen and so it doesn't make total sense what he said. 

Meisser told Renard that "Bonaparte says hi". Wonder if he's come across Mama Grimm in his "afterlife".

And the first thing I thought when El Cuegle said "bears" was the bear Wesen family from season 1. I don't know what that means though. 

So, do we know how many babies El Cuegle "had " to eat over the years? I think the gang came across a few cases...but if El Cuegle was respjsnsible for eliminating evil, you'd think he would be pretty active in eating babies weekly. 

And my theory of why he didn't do the deed with Auggie right away is because Auggie was sick and perhaps eating a sick or feverish baby would have some adverse effect on the El Cuegle .

22 minutes ago, neuromom said:

And my theory of why he didn't do the deed with Auggie right away is because Auggie was sick and perhaps eating a sick or feverish baby would have some adverse effect on the El Cuegle .

I think they said in the show that there's some period he's required to wait. They gave it a name that I can't recall but, El Cuegle said that it differs for every baby. My guess is he waits for some vision to confirm that the future didn't change because he took the baby.

Although, I still say, at least in this case, we're talking about a self fulfilling prophecy

• Love 2

Really enjoyed this episode with the exception of Juliette/Eve.  So, for a few episodes she has been all 'Nick put away the stick...you don't need it.'  And then, yup, she gets it for her own use.  Total hypocrite.  Lurking in the tunnels and listening to Nick and Adelaine's conversations?  Welp, that's a stalker.  If they wanted me to just hate her character they have succeeded.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think they said in the show that there's some period he's required to wait. They gave it a name that I can't recall but, El Cuegle said that it differs for every baby. My guess is he waits for some vision to confirm that the future didn't change because he took the baby.

Although, I still say, at least in this case, we're talking about a self fulfilling prophecy

It was something like hours of dread.

Auggie does seem like a self fulfilling prophecy.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Adalind telling Renard to text her his new address.  Really not big on important details of your daughter's life, eh?  Otherwise I found this enjoyable. 

Hate to nitpick but Adalind asked where he was moving and he said he'd send her the address. She didn't tell him to text her.

I thought that this was a pretty good episode. I liked that the majority of the focus was on the case and not all of the drama that has gone on so far this season.  I'm not sure if we were supposed to be understanding of the fact that El Cuegle was trying to prevent future tragedy when his very presence in the couples home set off the future strife that leads to their deaths. Also, I hoped that Meisner had been resurrected at some point and was back to steer Renard in the right direction and was kinda bummed that he's really most sincerely dead.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Hate to nitpick but Adalind asked where he was moving and he said he'd send her the address. She didn't tell him to text her.

Nitpick away.  I would never doubt that someone had a more accurate recollection of dialogue, I usually am doing something else at the same time.  Renard did say "we're moving" though?  I was probably annoyed by Adalind's nonchalant attitude. I mean, hell, they don't have a custody agreement, an acknowledgement of paternity, and Renard negotiated with Nick, not Adalind about more time with Diana.  It strikes me that as a lawyer she would want something more formal, but I get that we aren't supposed to pay much heed to such details. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

Nitpick away.  I would never doubt that someone had a more accurate recollection of dialogue, I usually am doing something else at the same time.  Renard did say "we're moving" though?  I was probably annoyed by Adalind's nonchalant attitude. I mean, hell, they don't have a custody agreement, an acknowledgement of paternity, and Renard negotiated with Nick, not Adalind about more time with Diana.  It strikes me that as a lawyer she would want something more formal, but I get that we aren't supposed to pay much heed to such details. 

Does it matter? He's not leaving the country or state just moving to a different house. It's not like she has room to be demanding when she moved their daughter into a loft where the kid doesn't even have her own room.

6 hours ago, jhlipton said:
7 hours ago, orza said:

I wonder why Nick didn't filch the blanket...

Well, NICK didn't have the flashforward vision, so "the bears" wouldn't have had quite the same meaning for him.

• Love 1

Was anyone else expecting the family of bear Wesen from season one (they could change fully into animals, talk about Early Installment Weirdness) to burst through the wall and go "OH! YEAH!" when the bear thing was mentioned?

Just me? Okay...

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, icewolf said:

Was anyone else expecting the family of bear Wesen from season one (they could change fully into animals, talk about Early Installment Weirdness) to burst through the wall and go "OH! YEAH!" when the bear thing was mentioned?

Just me? Okay...

Yes, totally!

51 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Does it matter? He's not leaving the country or state just moving to a different house. It's not like she has room to be demanding when she moved their daughter into a loft where the kid doesn't even have her own room.

No it doesn't matter where he moves.  As I said, it was the nonchalance - Adalind just seems a little too lacking in seriousness about her really dangerous offspring, who she barely knows.  And Renard at the moment seems more interested in using her against Nick. 

I enjoyed this return to the WOTW. It was a really nice break from all the Renard/mayor/Blackclaw/political conspiracy stuff. This week's wesen and the way the episode ended reminded me of S1 when we got to learn about the roles of other wesen. Even if you don't agree with three armed guy killing babies to prevent future deaths, it's still interesting to see that not all wesen are black or white. He clearly felt guilty about killing babies as well as the one that got away who killed ten innocent people. It was also nice to see a wesen who had a biological imperative, as opposed to some of the wesen we've seen who are just dicks for the sake of being dicks.

I'm not the kind of person who guilts kids about what they eat, but when I saw Diana buttering six or eight pieces of garlic bread for just her and Renard, I was like wow, the girl likes her carbs! Not that I'm judging because I love garlic bread too!

• Love 3

Maybe El Cuegle didn't think to take Auggie to an orphanage because eating babies is what they have been doing for generations. That being said, even if Auggie were is to get raised by a different parents he may still turn out evil. Maybe Auggie's fate is set regardless of the circumstances he grows up in. 

So I assume Eve's almost woge was Juliette coming through . The question is - is it dangerous Juliette or original Juliette ? I guess original since the stick cleansed her ?

Eat Babies should never be Plan A

I want this embroidered on a pillow.

Personally, I don't fault the kid's parents for giving him that name; I fault them for putting the extraneous G in Augie. He's going to have to be spelling his name for people ALL his life.

I'm just assuming Meisner was coming over for some garlic bread.  And now it seems: Juliette = Eve = Smeagol. Yeah, that'll work really well. Is Nick's tunnel-system supposed to be part of the Shanghai Tunnels? Does Renard not know of the Shanghai Tunnels? How does he get to be police captain and mayor-elect and not know that? I live way on the other side of the country and have heard of 'em.  http://www.shanghaitunnels.info/

• Love 1
22 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Pointless filler episode.

This!  There are only a few episodes left and while it might be nice to hearken back to the show's original "supernatural cop" formula, they don't have much time to wind down the stories for the main characters.  I want to see how the main characters end up at this point...although I don't know why I expected anything because this is the Dropped Plots Show.

21 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

I didn't get this either.  It was framed as if "the bears" had more significance than just the regrettably-named Auggie using his own baby blanket in the commission of his future murders.  Was this like the bee woman saying, "They're coming!" and then no one actually "came"?  As many other posters said, all I could think of was the bear Wesen family we saw in the past.

16 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Really enjoyed this episode with the exception of Juliette/Eve.  So, for a few episodes she has been all 'Nick put away the stick...you don't need it.'  And then, yup, she gets it for her own use.  Total hypocrite.  Lurking in the tunnels and listening to Nick and Adelaine's conversations?  Welp, that's a stalker.  If they wanted me to just hate her character they have succeeded.

She comes across shady as heck.  But I'm sure we're supposed to love her or something.  They needed to have another character with her in the tunnels somehow so she could explain what she was doing.  I didn't get it AT ALL.  It looks like she wants the stick for herself and is scribbling on the tunnel walls with chalk...?

I hate to say this about a child actor, but they can take Diana away any time now. In a show that is based on supernatural she is just too creepy, weird and bordering on psycho territory. Maybe her and Eve/Juliette can run away together.

• Love 3

Renard and Adelind are the worst parents ever. From Adelind moving from Daddy to Daddy, with no warning or preparation, to Renard using Diana to get to Nick, well I'm pretty sure whatever Augie does will be small potatoes next to Diana. I'm wondering if that was part of the point of the story. Also whatever Juliette/Eve was doing in the tunnels was creepy but I couldn't  help but feel sorry for her when she heard Nick and Adelind "I Wuv yous". Speaking of which, yecchh. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AuntieL said:

Renard and Adelind are the worst parents ever. From Adelind moving from Daddy to Daddy, with no warning or preparation, to Renard using Diana to get to Nick, well I'm pretty sure whatever Augie does will be small potatoes next to Diana. I'm wondering if that was part of the point of the story. Also whatever Juliette/Eve was doing in the tunnels was creepy but I couldn't  help but feel sorry for her when she heard Nick and Adelind "I Wuv yous". Speaking of which, yecchh. 

This show makes my head hurt.  There were supposed to be consequences for Adalind when she reneged on selling Diana to the Royal's and nothing has happened to that not needed uber special snowflake or her.  Diana should be dead at this point and the pain of choices made by Renard and Adalind should be with them all of the time to do better, be better and make better choices with their lives.  Rant.over!

I am not a Juliette fan, but she should set Nick and Adalind's ass on fire.  Juliette loses it all and Adalind winds up with HER man, has HER man's rape baby, lives with HER man and both say, "ILY!"   And, no, the last thing I ever want is to see my sexy pants Renard even think about banging either woman, ever again!  Gross.

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 3

Yeah Juliette pretty much got the raw deal in all of this. Next of course to the poor guy who apparently had a primal imperative he couldn't control to eat babies. Jeez. I need to remember that the next time I bemoan my lot in life. 

• Love 5