Type keyword(s) to search

Dorit Kemsley: She's an American, She Was Born in Connecticut!

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Thank you all for making me feel that I am not alone in my cynicism. 

I've been robbed multiple times as well as assaulted yet I heard this story and my immediate thought was...lie. And I feel kind of terrible bc if there's any truth to this it could haunt Dorit in ways she doesn't even understand.

Teddi is blaming this on Dana/Pam ($25,000 sunglasses), which tells me if this robbery is true then Teddi's deflecting bc Edwin totally installed Dorit's security system:

https://pagesix.com/2021/10/28/teddi-mellencamp-dana-wilkey-put-dorit-kemsley-in-danger/

I’m so sorry @chick binewski and @RoseAllDay. That must be terrifying and I can’t imagine how it continues to affect your brain and body in processing environmental stimuli and emotions. I have learned that some severe stresses and accompanying grief, anger, sadness affect the brain and body far more than is commonly understood. Healing is a more complex process than talking to a therapist because the physical body and neurological system is affected. This then affects social emotional functioning engagement and affects one’s approach to interpersonal relationships due to protection of the sensory response. It becomes an information processing problem and thus affects all interpersonal functioning.  Brain scans show that the brain literally requires and lights up using different areas when compared to a brain that has not experienced trauma. In addition, this brain response to stimuli can bring physical pain of severe migraines in the head and pain of wrapped up areas of fascia in trigger point spasms in the body. It is like the body is in a constant scream. It is incredibly complicated and approaching anything is overwhelming to the brain. PTSD is so very real and leaves you in a chronic terror. Treatment requires movement of the body and brain simultaneously. I send you much love to you as you continue to heal 🤍

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Useful 4
  • Love 9

I am not convinced this is a scam. An actual Home invasion is going to alot more attention from LE than simple burglary when the owners are away. It would have been much easier to say they were burglarized while gone. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

All questions aside for a minute…I was a victim of a similar crime many years ago. PTSD is a very real thing and can come out of the blue and be completely paralyzing. You don’t want to set foot back in your house for a long while. All that the kids understand, probably, is that bad people came into the house and frightened Mommy. I hope Dorit has the true support of PK and her friends, and that she won’t hesitate to reach out if she needs help healing.

EDIT: But if this really turns out to be a scam…there are no words.

@RoseAllDay - I'm so very sorry that you and others here that have shared their stories had to experience that - it's so heinous - not just the act, but the aftereffects and PTSD.  My Mom was help up at knifepoint years ago, around the corner from our home.  She had nightmares and major fears for years after that, so I totally get what you're saying.

IF it is a scam and is found out to be that - you and I may have no words, but God help Dorit when Erika finds out that Dorit has now jumped about 10,000 trending points ahead of Erika on social media, and basically secured herself a BIG major storyline for next season.  (She will probably be fired at the very least and may face some legal charges, too.)

Erika will lose her mind!!! 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, Luckylondon said:

I’m so sorry @chick binewski and @RoseAllDay. That must be terrifying and I can’t imagine how it continues to affect your brain and body in processing environmental stimuli and emotions. I have learned that some severe stresses and accompanying grief, anger, sadness affect the brain and body far more than is commonly understood. Healing is a more complex process than talking to a therapist because the physical body and neurological system is affected. This then affects social emotional functioning engagement and affects one’s approach to interpersonal relationships due to protection of the sensory response. It becomes an information processing problem and thus affects all interpersonal functioning.  Brain scans show that the brain literally requires and lights up using different areas when compared to a brain that has not experienced trauma. In addition, this brain response to stimuli can bring physical pain of severe migraines in the head and pain of wrapped up areas of fascia in trigger point spasms in the body. It is like the body is in a constant scream. It is incredibly complicated and approaching anything is overwhelming to the brain. PTSD is so very real and leaves you in a chronic terror. Treatment requires movement of the body and brain simultaneously. I send you much love to you as you continue to heal 🤍

This is so well said. 
I had PTSD for years after escaping my first marriage that was full of abuse. I left in 1992 and have been in a wonderful loving relationship with my husband for so long (married over 26 years). Even after all this time, every now and then there is something that triggers me. Now I recognized for what it is and can process it. However, it will never fully go away, because it happened.

I truly hope that if this played out the way it was reported, that Dorit gets help and counseling because she will have nightmares for years and will be a long time before she will feel safe. 

• Love 12

And, again, I am letting this take up too much space in my brain and becoming way too suspicious than I like to be.

Has it been determined that Dorit and PK also used Edwin's security company?  We know that Kyle did.

Is anyone else thinking that these robberies could be inside jobs?  Is this how Teddi and Edwin live their lifestyle?  (I know - I'm sounding crazy and conspiratorial)

Perhaps the "burglars" got their dates wrong and assumed that Dorit and the children were still in London with PK, as they were just there for a wedding?  

I'm sorry - there is something really fishy here - starting with the security system either not being on or not functioning.

• Useful 7
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, njbchlover said:

And, again, I am letting this take up too much space in my brain and becoming way too suspicious than I like to be.

Has it been determined that Dorit and PK also used Edwin's security company?  We know that Kyle did.

Is anyone else thinking that these robberies could be inside jobs?  Is this how Teddi and Edwin live their lifestyle?  (I know - I'm sounding crazy and conspiratorial)

Perhaps the "burglars" got their dates wrong and assumed that Dorit and the children were still in London with PK, as they were just there for a wedding?  

I'm sorry - there is something really fishy here - starting with the security system either not being on or not functioning.

I agree, it is all really fishy.

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

This is so well said. 
I had PTSD for years after escaping my first marriage that was full of abuse. I left in 1992 and have been in a wonderful loving relationship with my husband for so long (married over 26 years). Even after all this time, every now and then there is something that triggers me. Now I recognized for what it is and can process it. However, it will never fully go away, because it happened.

I truly hope that if this played out the way it was reported, that Dorit gets help and counseling because she will have nightmares for years and will be a long time before she will feel safe. 

Hugs @Stats Queen. I am relieved that you are physically and emotionally safe. Yet, as you said, the body is affected whether it is one terrifying encounter or a constant chronic threat that occurs in domestic violence or even an emotionally violent home. Thank you for sharing to speak up on this and how the effects don’t stop once the threat is removed— sometimes that is when the effects start because the threat is gone and the body’s parasympathetic nervous system is trying to disengage out of the constant fight/flight/freeze adrenaline and it can’t seem to stop that stimulus loop to calm the physical body regarding the rationality of no longer facing present harm. 

On topic of the show, I think the Hilton women grew up in a physically volatile house with an alcoholic narcissistic and histrionic mother with a rage problem. Her first teenage marriage to Kathy’s father was filled with domestic abuse, she was physically and verbally abusive to Ken Richards, and she was often putting the sisters against each other playing on their emotions to earn money for the survival of the family. She was married two more times and we never hear of step siblings, so we don’t know if relationships were maintained. She was often drunk and hanging around the Beverly Hills Hotel looking for her next husband. That unstable childhood affected each young girl in different ways as they were all at different ages during different stages of these times, yet it is clear that they are still confused with complex grief and loyalty to their mother above all mantra in their family. It is unusual that the three sisters who are all “so close” have all had periods of years of not speaking to each other and often reunite for TV and are crying about their sister-ship at these reunions. It is a complex dysfunctional alcoholic pattern on display for view. They don’t even need the money, but they NEED the attention and they all need to be right and, above all, aligned with Big Kathy, twenty years after her death.

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Useful 8
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, Rosebud1970 said:

I believe someone earlier upthread posted a picture of one of the 'burglars' wearing a hoodie. He was white.

Not sure if we are talking about the same  pic but I think that’s a chick?  And one caption of a similar shot said it’s Dorit’s assistant.  But again I’m not sure if we’re talking about the same picture

or is this saying it’s her assistant and then saying it’s dorit?  confusing 😐

50FE6DA4-1C41-4050-9FF3-0226246E899D.jpeg

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, chlban said:

I am not convinced this is a scam. An actual Home invasion is going to alot more attention from LE than simple burglary when the owners are away. It would have bern much easier to say they were burglarized while gone. I

I agree with this.

And there's just been an obscene level of blatant robbery in LA these days. I've stopped dining in a couple busy areas because armed gunmen are just straight up coming into busy restaurants in broad daylight. Happened on Rodeo, Canon, Robertson and Melrose to name a few. And a few years back they hit a jewelry store at a busy open air mall. Came up the escalators in full on tactical gear. 

Before the pandemic, I interrupted a robbery in progress at my house. The burglar climbed back out of the bedroom window when he heard me coming through the front door. When the police arrived they told me there were five known robbery rings operating at that time.

They also told me that if the dogs were home (I have 4) when they broke in, it would've been classified as a Home Invasion. They count the dogs as souls. (My husband - no lie - interrupted the officer to say "what about cats? Do their souls count? Cause that's hella fucked if it's only dogs".

That still makes me chuckle. The cops were so startled by the question they all burst out laughing and it broke the much needed tension. I was a wreck. And we were both in shock. He wasn't trying to be funny, which made it funny, he was just spun out from what had happened. Two more seconds and I would've been naked in the house with the robber. I have a habit of undressing the second I close the front door as I walk thru the house so I can grab my pajamas or robe by the time I reach the bedroom. When I said that part, he just started to shake. I burst out crying. 

All that to say, breaking and entering (empty house) is so much less risky than a home invasion.

There's ALWAYS at least one dog home at our house but on a random fluke they were all out at once. That convinced the police that the neighborhood had been cased. They said you can learn the routines of a single street in less than a week when you're a pro. And if there's social media...Lord help you.

But...

If this shit was staged for insurance -- then prosecute. If it's real, I really really hope she gets help for herself and the kiddos. The fear after that happens, and I only saw our robber when he bolted from the side of the house, is so real. And it shows up when you least expect it.

And now, no matter what there's always a dog home now. Cameras, security, dogs, the ring, bars on windows you can't see from the street (where the guy hid) were up within 24 hours of the break in. We also pooled with  the neighbors and hired security for the block.

In Cali, crime has been popping back off like it's the 80s. Scary scary shit

• Useful 8
  • Love 8

In my experience people with security systems generally set them at night. What would be typical for a two story house (which Dorito has) is to have the lower windows and doors wired so that if there is movement around the bedrooms, the system isn't activated and you don't have to punch in the Code.

I live in a high rise with a doorman with video cameras in the hallways and elevator so that is my security system but I did housesit for a friend who lived in a single family home in an affluent section of Los Angeles and I would most definitely set the alarm when I went to bed and headed up stairs to sleep. 

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I think Dorit’s robbery a few years ago was a scam also.

Agree. Also interesting that this home and Kyles home were both wired with security systems by Teddi's husbands company. Allegedly. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 11

I can't believe that Dorit an PK would be so stupid to fake a home invasion and file a false police report to collect insurance money on the heels of what is going down with Erika. They would have to know that this is going to be viewed with suspicion. 

Did someone say that Teddi is returning next season? Please do not let this be true. 

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I can't believe that Dorit an PK would be so stupid to fake a home invasion and file a false police report to collect insurance money on the heels of what is going down with Erika. They would have to know that this is going to be viewed with suspicion. 

Did someone say that Teddi is returning next season? Please do not let this be true. 

I saw that here but could find no confirmation online. That combined with Ericka would lose me for real.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I so agree.

What I don’t understand is that you are in the media showing your “wealth”. How do you not have more security- alarms, etc? Makes no sense.

I don’t live in a ritzy neighborhood and our house is on a steep hill, so that gives us some protection. However, we do have a lot of items of value. We have a security system and ring cameras and doorbell. 

I just don’t understand why they didn’t have a security system that actually worked that at a minimum contacted the police, especially since they were robbed before.

This is why I side eye the entire thing. 
If it is true, it is awful and traumatic. But why did it actually happen?

Yep — things aren’t passing the smell test for me, the more I think on it.

It sounds like the house is on a street as well, not set back or in a secluded neighborhood, and the kids’ classroom was pretty exposed. Plus, if they had that much stolen, all the more reason to have some kind of alarm system, especially if they are away a lot of the time. And PK conveniently not home? (Not that he could do much if it were a legit robbery, but still…)

I really don’t want to think this was staged — still trying not to be cynical. But now it may well be Dorit trying to pull a fast one. SMDH. That all could have gone so very wrong. If you have money trouble, there are other ways to deal with it rather than risking your life, and especially your kids’. At least nobody was home when Kyle got ripped off.

There’s no level low enough that these women won’t stoop to, apparently, and if I am wrong here, I’ll be the first to apologize. But it’s not adding up right now.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ChelleGame said:

(My husband - no lie - interrupted the officer to say "what about cats? Do their souls count? Cause that's hella fucked if it's only dogs".

As a cat person, I love that your husband said this. 

Dogs aren't the only kind of pets.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, GreenlinetoHarlem said:

I saw that here but could find no confirmation online. That combined with Ericka would lose me for real.

She is, sorta. https://realityblurb.com/2021/05/24/teddi-mellencamp-confirms-shes-returning-to-rhobh-for-season-11-after-being-fired-last-year-filmed-for-the-new-episodes-after-kyle-did-some-convincing/

Sounds like she may be a Friend Of, but she’ll probably be on more than any of us want, if she’s this prominent in the Dorit drama. Show is obviously setting up war camps over Erika. Who has the time and interest to watch THAT?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I can’t believe that Dorit an PK would be so stupid to fake a home invasion and file a false police report to collect insurance money on the heels of what is going down with Erika. They would have to know that this is going to be viewed with suspicion. 

More to the point — risking Dorit’s and the kids’ safety by this stunt. If this is truly fraud…🤬

• Love 5
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don’t think the Kemsleys are the most honest folks, but Dorit doesn’t strike me as a Jussie Smollett type of liar. Then again, I didn’t think the Girardis were so horrible either so . . .

I agree here. It would be fishier to me if it was another garden variety robbery. It would’ve been easy enough too claim it happened while they were recently in London. But to say it was a HI would be a whole nother level.  

Edited by lawrbk
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, 65mickey said:

What would be the bigger crime?

• LOL 13

Y'know, Erika has an undisclosed source of money. Mikey and the glam squad need jobs. PK and Dorit were experienced a home invasion robbery. Do the math. The only thing that makes me think it might not have been them is that there weren't any reports of rollover accidents in the LA snow that night. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2

Browsing the Reddit sub on this. Someone suggested that maybe whoever did this thought the Kemsleys were still in London, and wasn’t counting on Dorit and the kids being at home. But…that still leaves the question about any security system.

See, this is what happens when you and your friends spend 99% of your lives talking bullshit. After awhile, nobody will take your word for it, as they would, probably, with anybody else. I think that sums up what I’m trying to parse right now. The skepticism is real and justified. 

My concern still remains with the kids. 

Edited by RoseAllDay
Additional thought on security system.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

I think this happened. There are easier ways to scam insurance, especially when you have just returned from a well publicized trip to the UK.  And PK has been quite vocal about Erika's off the wall lies, so I think he would be super cognizant that people may be Skeptical, including the police.  They are both smarter than this. Plus, for all their faults, I don't see either of them involving their kids in this and the police will talk to the kids, even though Dorit says they saw nothing. Plus their friends will hear and talk about it and kids can really get dramatic about stuff like this. And scared. I don't like dog dumper Dorit, I will never forgive her for that, and I know she and PK are grifters. I also know this is an unpopular opinion, but I believe them.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, chlban said:

I think this happened. There are easier ways to scam insurance, especially when you have just returned from a well publicized trip to the UK.  And PK has been quite vocal about Erika's off the wall lies, so I think he would be super cognizant that people may be Skeptical, including the police.  They are both smarter than this. Plus, for all their faults, I don't see either of them involving their kids in this and the police will talk to the kids, even though Dorit says they saw nothing. Plus their friends will hear and talk about it and kids can really get dramatic about stuff like this. And scared. I don't like dog dumper Dorit, I will never forgive her for that, and I know she and PK are grifters. I also know this is an unpopular opinion, but I believe them.

The scenario I posted above makes some sense. People who thought the Kemsleys weren’t going to be home, and knew they had expensive stuff, were surprised. But the question remains about security, especially given that the house seems to sit right on the street.

If all true, this could have ended very horribly. If I sound wishy-washy on all this, I am. Going to wait and see how it plays out.

• Love 5

Dorit said one of the intruders told the other to "kill her"! Why? I don't believe it for a second. Plus, there are no witnesses so who knows what really happened. If anything. 

Two of her homes invaded within a year. What are the odds of that happening? 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, chlban said:

I agree. I'm not a fan of Dorit and PK (although he did crack me up several times this season, dammit), but I think they are smarter than to try and stage something like this. At the very least, they would ensure none of them would be home during the robbery. I hope Dorit and the kids are okay and I kinda hope she put's Teddi's husband on blast if he installed their system. Think of the drama it could cause!

Edited by emma675d
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

The scenario I posted above makes some sense. People who thought the Kemsleys weren’t going to be home, and knew they had expensive stuff, were surprised. But the question remains about security, especially given that the house seems to sit right on the street.

If all true, this could have ended very horribly. If I sound wishy-washy on all this, I am. Going to wait and see how it plays out.

I also feel wishy washy.  And have done some soul searching.  It IS horrible and I feel empathy for her going through that.  Then I go back to how sketchy she is and......I don't know.

Is she that terrible of a person to fake something like that?  I know she's 2 time puppy Dumper level.  But is she "fake a violent robbery that involves her kids in the next room" terrible?

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The reports say the opposite, that she said "Don't kill me".  I don't know how any media would know these details though unless she gave them to the media herself.

https://pagesix.com/2021/10/28/dorit-kemsley-reportedly-held-at-gunpoint-during-home-invasion/

I've read reports where she says, "Don't kill me" and the robbers responded with "Kill her".

But again.  I don't know and question my moral compass that I even question it.

🤷‍♀️

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The reports say the opposite, that she said "Don't kill me".  I don't know how any media would know these details though unless she gave them to the media herself.

https://pagesix.com/2021/10/28/dorit-kemsley-reportedly-held-at-gunpoint-during-home-invasion/

To which one of the men allegedly responded, “Kill her.”

This is from the same article. Maybe you didn't read all of it. 

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Dorit said one of the intruders told the other to "kill her"! Why? I don't believe it for a second. Plus, there are no witnesses so who knows what really happened. If anything. 

Why would he say "kill her"? To scare her? He's a thug. However, let me add that when I say I believe this happened, I mean that there was a home invasion. I also believe it is entirely possible that Dorit may lie about conversations that may, or may not, have taken place. The two things are not mutually exclusive. But, whether or not the conversation took place two men breaking in and standing in your bedroom would be quite terrifying.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, chlban said:

Dorit has a storyline. And, if true, she will definitely get some sympathy. Erika must be furious.

So TRUE!!! Erika must be about to explode over Dorito stealing her thunder AND sympathy!!

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 10/28/2021 at 2:20 PM, chick binewski said:

Thank you all for making me feel that I am not alone in my cynicism. 

I've been robbed multiple times as well as assaulted yet I heard this story and my immediate thought was...lie. And I feel kind of terrible bc if there's any truth to this it could haunt Dorit in ways she doesn't even understand.

Teddi is blaming this on Dana/Pam ($25,000 sunglasses), which tells me if this robbery is true then Teddi's deflecting bc Edwin totally installed Dorit's security system:

https://pagesix.com/2021/10/28/teddi-mellencamp-dana-wilkey-put-dorit-kemsley-in-danger/

I’m seeing a lot of posts across the web about how all of this is Dana’s fault. I don’t think it is. What they don’t seem to understand is their home purchase was unfortunately public information. 
Most people don’t realize that what they consider to be private information is now unfortunately a Google search away thanks to creepy websites like Spokeo, Clustrmaps, Mylife, Whitepages. Even more ridiculous is what you have to go through to remove yourself before more sites pop up. They should be illegal. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, chlban said:

Dorit has a storyline. And, if true, she will definitely get some sympathy. Erika must be furious.

No worries, Erika will just drive in one of those freak Pasadena snow storms and flip her car five times. To add some extra sympathy points she will be unconscious for 12 hours, but when she is eventually found she will tell the medical professionals not to worry about her head  and to focus on her foot.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I’m seeing a lot of posts across the web about how all of this is Dana’s fault. I don’t think it is. What they don’t seem to understand is their home purchase was unfortunately public information. 
Most people don’t realize that what they consider to be private information is now unfortunately a Google search away thanks to creepy websites like Spokeo, Clustrmaps, Mylife, Whitepages. Even more ridiculous is what you have to go through to remove yourself before more sites pop up. They should be illegal. 

The process to get info removed off those sites can be a huge pain in the ass too.

Probably why most people don't bother.

Also, does anyone feel that PK's "C*nt of the Week" IG posts, which so far have only featured women, to be in poor taste? 

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

The process to get info removed off those sites can be a huge pain in the ass too.

Probably why most people don't bother.

Also, does anyone feel that PK's "C*nt of the Week" IG posts, which so far have only featured women, to be in poor taste? 

Yeah. How many more women will get killed before lawmakers take privacy rights seriously? One wanted a photo of a government issued ID to remove me. I found that creepy. 

Yes, many brush it off as cheeky British humor but I think it’s gross. PK should stop. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Yeah. How many more women will get killed before lawmakers take privacy rights seriously? One wanted a photo of a government issued ID to remove me. I found that creepy. 

Yes, many brush it off as cheeky British humor but I think it’s gross. PK should stop. 

Seriously! It is disgusting how easy it is to find out where people live, and it's especially scary for single women. If you don't want to jump through hoops to get your stuff removed, I recommend everyone at least be careful with giving their phone numbers out and things like that. 

I find PK hilarious on the show and the SM posts I've seen make waves online. This is the first time I'm hearing about c*unt of the week. Yikes! 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Seriously! It is disgusting how easy it is to find out where people live, and it's especially scary for single women. If you don't want to jump through hoops to get your stuff removed, I recommend everyone at least be careful with giving their phone numbers out and things like that. 

I find PK hilarious on the show and the SM posts I've seen make waves online. This is the first time I'm hearing about c*unt of the week. Yikes! 

Unfortunately even phone numbers you think are private show up on those sites. My phone number I’ve never used or given out (landline) that I pay to keep out of the public directories showed up on there. 
But for safety, especially single young women, definitely take advantage of those second line apps. 

I find him hilarious too but that stuff rubs me the wrong way 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Unfortunately even phone numbers you think are private show up on those sites. My phone number I’ve never used or given out (landline) that I pay to keep out of the public directories showed up on there. 
But for safety, especially single young women, definitely take advantage of those second line apps. 

I find him hilarious too but that stuff rubs me the wrong way 

Oh yeah, I know they're out there sadly, but I'm surprised how many women will give their number to just anyone. If all someone has is my first name, they'd have to work pretty hard to find me. 

Yes, people have recommended those to me since I'm so careful with what I give out. 

Me too. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Oh yeah, I know they're out there sadly, but I'm surprised how many women will give their number to just anyone. If all someone has is my first name, they'd have to work pretty hard to find me. 

Yes, people have recommended those to me since I'm so careful with what I give out. 

Me too. 

It’s scary what we have to do to protect ourselves these days 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I doubt they would have killed Dorit, once they kill someone it changes the charges and they could get life in prison, that is if they are caught, these people just wanted her ugly leather pants, purses and jewelry. Their brand of crime is not murder, it was a smash and grab, get in and get out.

Why wouldn't they have a security system? No lesson learned from the last time they were robbed? Jeeze, no cameras anywhere? Even us peasants have Ring.

• Love 6

I think Dorit was actually robbed by 3 men that Erika hired.  Erika needs the money, she knows what Dorit owns, and Mikey and company need a job.  Seriously, if It is true that Dorit was robbed, I have to think it was by someone that knew her and her home.   Maybe not Erika, but someone close to her.

Teddi is an idiot.  I doubt criminals were reading Dana's social media.  I do believe that if Teddi is coming back to the show, it's because Andy knows another scandal is about to break.  Teddi's starvation diet could be facing more troubles.  Look at the ratings for these shows when someone is in legal trouble.   Andy knows this, he's loving it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I believe this happened. Teddi’s an idiot though. This house has been for sale? (another of PK’s brilliant “investment” ideas to buy a house then think he can flip it for an absurd price - the old one is still on the market?). Nobody needed Dana Wilkey to tell them the street it was on. 

Thanks to everyone who shared their stories though to make me more understanding that this type of event can really effect people. I was robbed at knifepoint once. In my own house (1999). I was really stupid and left my front door wide open while I had a couch delivered and didn’t close it while I got my shit together to go back to work. Some homeless guy came into my house (see DC 1999 in what was then a questionable neighborhood -  no longer - the guy who bought my house from me in 2010 just sold it for over $1M) went into my kitchen on the first floor, got a knife and came to the second floor living room (house had odd floor plan - my master BR was on the third floor). I gave him my purse very quickly. He asked for my laptop. I didn’t have one (see 1999). He waived the knife at me. I stamped my foot at him and told him to just leave. He did. He actually looked just as scared as me. 

No PTSD for me. Luckily I just don’t seem to be wired that way. Really good about just letting things roll off my back and move on. Mr. DC who has serious diagnosed depression issues has always been jealous. 

Whenever I think of the event I actually only get pissed at myself cause I had a very nice emerald and diamond necklace (broken) in that bag that I kept intending to take to a jeweler to get fixed. But I really didn’t have the money at the time (see also lazy). It was a Christmas present from my parents and thankfully they seemed to have forgotten about its existence. 

Sorry ETA that I had no dogs at the time. Just some indoor/outdoor cats and a house rabbit. I’m a big dog person (see numerous Akita, Rottweiler and Great Pyr mixes) so none of this would have happened. Especially since I would have obviously closed the door even if I had a chihuahua.

Edited by jennifersdc1
Minor
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, chlban said:

I don't know how furious Erika is. There are photo's of Erika, Lisa, Kyle and Teddi going to Dorit's home to console her. They all have such serious concerned looks on their faces.  The things these women will do for photo ops and publicity. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4