Type keyword(s) to search

Dorit Kemsley: She's an American, She Was Born in Connecticut!

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I know it got incredibly ugly between Denise and Charlie. Is that why you don’t like her? I saw that you posted this in another thread too. I searched the molestation claims afterwards for more information and got a bunch of articles mentioning Corey Haim. Do you think she lied about Charlie? I like Denise on the show. I do not know the details of her life, nor Charlie’s.

I have read about this thing with Kyle on here before too. It was a show or something she did a long time ago in which she looked like an ignorant snob? Was it on Bravo? That’s another thing that has nothing to do with Housewives that I’m not familiar with. 

If you think LVP = all good, and the other women = all bad, let’s agree to disagree. I can go into things some other housewives have said that scream snobbery, but it’s getting more and more off topic. 

Personally, I thought Denise was fine at the beginning of the season, but I didn't like the way she ended the season.  I don't think she had any particular reason to have an issue with LVP and I am not really sure why she has no issues with everyone planning a pile up on Camille and still being friends with them, but she can be mad at Camille for having issues with the other girls and seems to have changed her friendship with Camille based on that.  It undermines her cool girl, go with the flow, friend to all, above the fray kind of personality.  

Outside of the show, I haven't really ever been a fan of hers.  I didn't like the way she handled things with Charlie, as others have mentioned.  I didn't like the way things went with Richie Sambora.  She was always happy to portray herself as BFFs with Heather and Richie when they were married, but after they broke up? Oh, we weren't ever actually friends . . .  I also watched her reality show and while I liked her relationship with her father, something about her just never quite sat right with me.  I can't put my finger on it.  And even now, she married Charlie Sheen, his issues were well known prior to their marriage.  She has kids she shares with him and she talks about how she does x or y to take the high road, because she wants things to be good for them, but she has no issues taking shots at people, like dropping lines about hookers being at Thanksgiving due to their father.  If you're really that concerned about it, why even put that out there? Not to mention, there's no reason they need to hear about your sex life with their new stepfather.  

I also don't think any particular negative thing about one wife makes LVP automatically good.  I look at all of them individually, unless we're talking about something they do together, like in the case of Kyle and Teddi and their insistence that LVP set Dorit up with the article.  Kyle and Teddi clearly were making a campaign about this, so yeah, in that case, I do view Kyle and Teddi together, but, my thoughts on Kyle and Teddi don't automatically affect how I view everything LVP does.  LVP should never have said what she did about Erika and tucking.  That was horrendous and I do not condone it at all.  

As for Kyle and the bums, at some point Kyle, Kim and Kathy decided it would be a good idea to film a reality tv pilot where they went out and gave makeovers to bums.  They filmed themselves discussing the idea, making sandwiches to hand out, and then driving around laughing and talking about the homeless people they encountered.  The pilot was on youtube up until a few months ago, but it seems to have vanished from everywhere.  If you google, you'll find references, though.  It's a pity no one has it saved.  It was really, really offensive, but they apparently thought it was an awesome idea and left it up for a loooong time.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, film noire said:

Disliking Kyle (or Denise) does not equal seeing LVP as a saint 

Depends on the fan. :) 

20 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I remember there were molestation claims and kiddie p*rn claims as well when the divorce went down.  I don't want to search now, but I remember reading all of that.  She absolutely accused him of this stuff.  These are the days I used to read everything in a magazine, so maybe it isn't online.  In any event, it was out there.  I remember being surprised, and then not.

Kyle and her sisters created a truly sickening show called Beverly Hills Bums.  First of all, the fact that they CALLED IT "Bums" oh my god.  That alone is horrifying, but the content was abhorrent!  They dehumanized the homeless people.  Kyle was like, "I always see one when I am at the store and I always give money."  Kim claimed to make sandwiches for "one" and they were planning to get "one" a makeover.  I mean, you cannot write this garbage.  

I remember there was scandal after scandal, but I don't remember all the stories. I think Denise has been a sweetheart on the show and appreciate all she does for animals. I don't know the details of what went down between her and Charlie.

I've tried looking this "bum" thing up after hearing so much about it on here but can't find it. If they called it that, I completely agree that it's horrible. This all sounds so familiar to me, I may have seen a clip at some point? Or maybe I've just read about it on this forum. I don't know. I mostly like the Kyle I've seen on RH and that I've seen in the press. Do I agree with everything she says and does? Nope. But I think she's a nice person even if she messes up and that she would be more trustworthy than some of the other housewives.

17 hours ago, smores said:

Personally, I thought Denise was fine at the beginning of the season, but I didn't like the way she ended the season.  I don't think she had any particular reason to have an issue with LVP and I am not really sure why she has no issues with everyone planning a pile up on Camille and still being friends with them, but she can be mad at Camille for having issues with the other girls and seems to have changed her friendship with Camille based on that.  It undermines her cool girl, go with the flow, friend to all, above the fray kind of personality.  

Outside of the show, I haven't really ever been a fan of hers.  I didn't like the way she handled things with Charlie, as others have mentioned.  I didn't like the way things went with Richie Sambora.  She was always happy to portray herself as BFFs with Heather and Richie when they were married, but after they broke up? Oh, we weren't ever actually friends . . .  I also watched her reality show and while I liked her relationship with her father, something about her just never quite sat right with me.  I can't put my finger on it.  And even now, she married Charlie Sheen, his issues were well known prior to their marriage.  She has kids she shares with him and she talks about how she does x or y to take the high road, because she wants things to be good for them, but she has no issues taking shots at people, like dropping lines about hookers being at Thanksgiving due to their father.  If you're really that concerned about it, why even put that out there? Not to mention, there's no reason they need to hear about your sex life with their new stepfather.  

I also don't think any particular negative thing about one wife makes LVP automatically good.  I look at all of them individually, unless we're talking about something they do together, like in the case of Kyle and Teddi and their insistence that LVP set Dorit up with the article.  Kyle and Teddi clearly were making a campaign about this, so yeah, in that case, I do view Kyle and Teddi together, but, my thoughts on Kyle and Teddi don't automatically affect how I view everything LVP does.  LVP should never have said what she did about Erika and tucking.  That was horrendous and I do not condone it at all.  

As for Kyle and the bums, at some point Kyle, Kim and Kathy decided it would be a good idea to film a reality tv pilot where they went out and gave makeovers to bums.  They filmed themselves discussing the idea, making sandwiches to hand out, and then driving around laughing and talking about the homeless people they encountered.  The pilot was on youtube up until a few months ago, but it seems to have vanished from everywhere.  If you google, you'll find references, though.  It's a pity no one has it saved.  It was really, really offensive, but they apparently thought it was an awesome idea and left it up for a loooong time.

Denise never said she had a personal issue with LVP, but let's agree to disagree about that. I don't think either of us is going to change our opinion. 

One thing I do remember about Charlie is his love of hookers. Denise didn't really drop a bombshell with that story to me. It wasn't like Camille who seems to enjoy humiliating  Kelsey, talking about her sex life with him, his kissing, his privates, the kinky stuff he's into, etc. Those are things about him we'd never heard, at least I hadn't. 

Agreed on TMI with the sex life talk. I'm not sure if it's because Denise is trying to keep her status as a sex symbol, but I've heard enough about Aaron's penis and how they can't keep their hands off each other. 

I think Camille was quite nasty this season. I thought the other women should have 100% been softer with their treatment of LVP, but Camille was not likable. It was season 1 Camille and then some. I understand she had a lot going in her life, but it doesn't excuse all the smack she talked. I know she scored some points with some LVP fans for being on her side, but I thought the "joke" about LVP's appearance and hygiene was classic meal girl. LVP didn't deserve it.

You are more objective than some of the other LVP fans. I still think all the women overreact to one another. That was pretty much the entire season in a nutshell. To me, a true friend gives the benefit of the doubt, and it should go both ways. Give Dorit benefit of the doubt that she never dreamed Lucy would wind up in a shelter, give LVP benefit of the doubt that she wasn't seeking revenge, and that she isn't transphobic. I think the joke wasn't kind, but do I think LVP is a bigot for it? No, she's a huge advocate of the LGBT community and made a bad joke. And then I thought LVP and Sessa overreacted to what Denise said on WWHL, Aaron shouldn't have threatened Sessa, and LVP shouldn't have made that text public. 

Regarding this "makeover of bums," I agree that from what I'm hearing on here, it sounds like it was in poor taste. I can't discuss it in detail, as I haven't seen it.

I think we all have certain traits that rub us the wrong way more than others. Two things that really rub me the wrong way are mean girl types who mock people's looks and hygiene and out very personal things (people like Camille and Brandi), and then I also don't like mean-spirited humor, which LVP has at times. I like Kyle because even though she messes up (sounds like she did with that TV pilot), she is more direct, and her teasing of her friends is pretty harmless. I'd much rather someone mock my lack of enthusiasm on a trip than joke about me tucking it in. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
On 8/17/2019 at 9:15 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Real estate records are easy enough to verify.

Here's a new article:

http://news.lalate.com/2019/08/19/dorit-kemsley-planted-hyperbole-7-million-house-story-exclusive/

• Love 2

I think the joke wasn't kind, but do I think LVP is a bigot for it? No, she's a huge advocate of the LGBT community and made a bad joke.

One can be a advocate for the LGBT community and till be transphobic. Hell, there are gay people who are transphobic...just saying.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TVFANNO1 said:

The story claimed “records revealed” Dorit paid $7 million. But after records obtained by LALATE reveal that similar homes next door have sold for $1-2 million, LALATE called the real estate company that sold the home. And they too could not confirm the $7 million sale price as well. However, their own website suggests similar listings are also under $3 million in that area.

I could tell that house is not worth $7 million, anyone with eyes can see it.  Dorit('s publicist) is a LIAR!

• Love 4
Just now, heatherchandler said:

The story claimed “records revealed” Dorit paid $7 million. But after records obtained by LALATE reveal that similar homes next door have sold for $1-2 million, LALATE called the real estate company that sold the home. And they too could not confirm the $7 million sale price as well. However, their own website suggests similar listings are also under $3 million in that area.

I could tell that house is not worth $7 million, anyone with eyes can see it.  Dorit('s publicist) is a LIAR!

I doubt the Kemsley's "bought" anything if the rumors are true that courts have threatened to "freeze" assets.

It is probably another property similar to the one they had on the show - already owned by a friend like Sam Nazarian.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

One can be a advocate for the LGBT community and till be transphobic. Hell, there are gay people who are transphobic...just saying.

Do you think she’s transphobic? I personally think she wanted to hurt Erika, not the LGBT community, but I get where you’re coming from. 

• Love 3

Do you think she’s transphobic? I personally think she wanted to hurt Erika, not the LGBT community, but I get where you’re coming from. 

Maybe, maybe not. Just pointing out supporting the LGBT community isn't always the best argument to show that someone isn't transphobic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

15 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Maybe, maybe not. Just pointing out supporting the LGBT community isn't always the best argument to show that someone isn't transphobic.

I wouldn't say that LVP is transphobic or homophobic. But I also don't think she is as "pro LGBTQ" as she claims. I find she panders to the community for a story line for the show and more so for her businesses - because this is a big part of her customer base.

I felt she used Billy from VPR for a story line for the show as well as using Gay Pride to get customers into her bars. She did the same by getting a license to preside over weddings - so she could film a gay marriage at PUMP and preside over Kate/Tom wedding.

I'm remembering the scene of PK and Dorit going for that final "lunch" at Pump. PK asked what the decorations were for which was for the Indian themed event that night. I remember LVP making a comment to PK - about how he should attend and come out of the closet. She put a "negative" jab in there - like there is something wrong with being closeted or gay.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 8/9/2019 at 5:59 PM, heatherchandler said:

Hmmm, well (Kyle) used to be the woman who shopped at target and was proud of being down to earth.  

Kyle and her sisters created a truly sickening show called Beverly Hills Bums.  First of all, the fact that they CALLED IT "Bums" oh my god.  That alone is horrifying, but the content was abhorrent!  They dehumanized the homeless people.  Kyle was like, "I always see one when I am at the store and I always give money."  Kim claimed to make sandwiches for "one" and they were planning to get "one" a makeover.  I mean, you cannot write this garbage.  

Oh my god, I totally forgot that Kyle hasn't always been this superficial. Your comment reminded me of the time Dana Wilkey announced the designer of her outfit, and Kyle commented "Ah, Target!". 

And I watched that BH Bums Makeover video years ago...can't find it anywhere now. It was horrifying.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I wouldn't say that LVP is transphobic or homophobic. But I also don't think she is as "pro LGBTQ" as she claims. I find she panders to the community for a story line for the show and more so for her businesses - because this is a big part of her customer base.

I felt she used Billy from VPR for a story line for the show as well as using Gay Pride to get customers into her bars. She did the same by getting a license to preside over weddings - so she could film a gay marriage at PUMP and preside over Kate/Tom wedding.

I'm remembering the scene of PK and Dorit going for that final "lunch" at Pump. PK asked what the decorations were for which was for the Indian themed event that night. I remember LVP making a comment to PK - about how he should attend and come out of the closet. She put a "negative" jab in there - like there is something wrong with being closeted or gay.

Ahh I forgot about that. I still think LVP is genuine in her support of the LGBT community. I don’t think she means to offend. I don’t have a homophobic bone in my body, but sometimes I wonder if it’s offensive to say “gaydar” or whatever. Sometimes you’re an ally, but you don’t always know better. It’s like a lot of these women saying “my gays.” I don’t think they mean harm, but they talk about gay men as if they’re accessories. It’s ignorance to me, not hate. Andy’s told them to try replacing it with “blacks,” to see if it would fly, but I still hear them say “my gays” or “team of gays” or “gay village.” Sometimes it’s said with affection or to be funny, but I can see how it is offensive too. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I wonder if it’s offensive to say “gaydar” or whatever. Sometimes you’re an ally, but you don’t always know better. It’s like a lot of these women saying “my gays.” I don’t think they mean harm, but they talk about gay men as if they’re accessor

I can’t agree more with this comment. Ignorance is often a lack of exposure to others different than you - but do you learn, grow and evolve with exposure? Most people do (I know I have). There is a non-majority percentage who don’t evolve over time. Some take a long time to evolve but is you label them as racist, sexist, etc. because they haven’t “evolved” as quickly as you or cane from a different generation, region, etc. - that exacerbates the problem and creates animosity and resistance - which destroys dialog 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I can’t agree more with this comment. Ignorance is often a lack of exposure to others different than you - but do you learn, grow and evolve with exposure? Most people do (I know I have). There is a non-majority percentage who don’t evolve over time. Some take a long time to evolve but is you label them as racist, sexist, etc. because they haven’t “evolved” as quickly as you or cane from a different generation, region, etc. - that exacerbates the problem and creates animosity and resistance - which destroys dialog 

Exactly. I don't expect someone who's elderly to be as "woke" as a millennial. LVP apologized for the joke and has shown a lot of love to the LGBT community. That's good enough for me. If she went around saying trans people disgust her and are going to hell, entirely different story. I don't think she's one of the bad guys regarding this issue at all. And that's exactly it with the dialog. It sounds corny, but I truly believe only love can conquer hate. If you're quick to jump down people's throats for bad jokes or not being PC, it makes it that much harder for us all to come together. I cut folks slack until I see they're not changing and continuing to be offensive. Ever since I was a child, I never cared what color, religion, or background someone was. However I grew up around a lot of diversity and know not everyone does. I also know that despite me not having a bigoted bone in my body, I can put my foot in my mouth too. I'd hate for someone to define me by a poor choice of words. I also know that when I'm older, I'll probably be considered backwards by the younger generations for some of my views. Such is the nature of life. 

• Love 8
On 8/20/2019 at 3:38 PM, RealHousewife said:

Do you think she’s transphobic?

I personally think she wanted to hurt Erika, not the LGBT community, but I get where you’re coming from. 

I think LVP's snark was based not on transphobia, but on Erika referring to the Erika Jayne persona as "a drag queen".

I think it was right of LVP to apologize, but I have no idea why Thing One (Erica Girardi)  was pissed that Thing Two (Erika Jayne) was teased about her own self-designated label - if you call yourself a drag queen, don't act like a dainty Victorian maiden when somebody throws a tucking ref your way. 

eta:

I don't expect someone who's elderly to be as "woke" as a millennial.

If age determines being "woke", LVP is the same generation as Barack Obama  ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, film noire said:

If age determines being "woke", LVP is the same generation as Barack Obama  ; )

I'll minimize my reply since we're off topic, but I find age shaming quite icky so I wanted to clarify that I wasn't referring to LVP when I used the term elderly. :)

And back to Dorit, I just saw this article on Radar. 

https://radaronline.com/photos/arrest-made-robbery-rhobh-dorit-kemsley-home-stars-usher-realtors/

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'll minimize my reply since we're off topic, but I find age shaming quite icky so I wanted to clarify that I wasn't referring to LVP when I used the term elderly. 🙂

And back to Dorit, I just saw this article on Radar. 

https://radaronline.com/photos/arrest-made-robbery-rhobh-dorit-kemsley-home-stars-usher-realtors/

Wait, the Kemsleys are *clutches pearls* RENTING?! *swoons*

I know it’s still a very expensive rental and they’re not having to hobnob with the common folk at the laundromat or anything, but with the legal trouble and frozen assets, it seems the facade is beginning to crumble. Crazy Camille was right.

It’s all out there now, I wonder if Dorit’s ~situation~ will be a storyline next season. It has to be, right? Schadenfreude, here I come.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/17/2019 at 6:12 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Money trouble?  What money trouble? 

That's such a weird looking house.  It has like 18 roof lines and then teeny tiny little windows.  It doesn't make any sense at all. 

• LOL 3
13 hours ago, smores said:

That's such a weird looking house.  It has like 18 roof lines and then teeny tiny little windows.  It doesn't make any sense at all. 

I wish we could see what the backyard looks like. But yes, it is a strange architectural design. 

• Love 1

I had to google Encino architecture and it seems that style is not uncommon.  Granted, those windows still look tinier than the ones in google images, but it seems common to have a dozen rooflines, as well as smaller and fewer windows on the front while the back of the house has a lot of large windows and French doors.  That driveway/patio area in the front with the concrete rectangles with grass growing in between seems to be a very specific style that is used there, too.  The house style is called "modern farmhouse" and seems to foretell of an all white house on the inside - white everything, cabinets, counters, walls, white, white, white.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Um so this is apparently what the “real” unaltered, un-weaved Dorit looks like. 

Homestly her hair is gorgeous. The face is... different. 

She looks different, but it was over half her life ago. She still had a little nose, full lips, and nice teeth. I think Dorit is a naturally beautiful woman, but with the new hair and makeup (and being in her 40’s), she looks different. 

• Love 2

The judge in the lawsuit against PK and Dorit that Camille has referred has went after Dorito big time. She has to provide loads of discover about her earnings bags and assets. It will soon be a matter of public record. 

Lets see her wiggle out of this one.  Let’s see if Bravo can cover it up. What kind of distraction and smokescreen can she throw up?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

She looks different, but it was over half her life ago. She still had a little nose, full lips, and nice teeth. I think Dorit is a naturally beautiful woman, but with the new hair and makeup (and being in her 40’s), she looks different. 

I’m the same age as Dorit and, rest assured, almost anybody would be able to tell it’s me from my graduation picture.  I’d estimate the majority of people who see that pic above would NOT be able to tell that is Mrs. Kemsley.

Maybe it’s the side profile that’s making her unrecognizable. But I’m not discounting the fact that she has also tweaked the hell out of her face with Botox, fillers, and god knows what else. She definitely looks like at least a nose job. Which is fine—no judgement. Just a pretty jarring “then and now” comparison in my opinion.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I’m the same age as Dorit and, rest assured, almost anybody would be able to tell it’s me from my graduation picture.  I’d estimate the majority of people who see that pic above would NOT be able to tell that is Mrs. Kemsley.

Maybe it’s the side profile that’s making her unrecognizable. But I’m not discounting the fact that she has also tweaked the hell out of her face with Botox, fillers, and god knows what else. She definitely looks like at least a nose job. Which is fine—no judgement. Just a pretty jarring “then and now” comparison in my opinion.

The side profile does make it tricky. I have seen a photo of her straight on somewhere. She was a pretty girl with long, dark curly hair. 

I’m younger than Dorit and practically unrecognizable from my high school graduation photo. If you really look, you can tell it’s me. But if you walked past me, you’d never know it’s the same girl. I’ve had zero plastic surgery and no Botox or filler yet either. Just older, blonder, and wear more makeup now. 

I think Dorit has admitted to Botox, I forget about filler. I’m sure she’s done stuff to preserve her skin, but I’m not convinced she’s had the Heidi Montag special. Don’t want to sound argumentative. I agree that Dorit does look different. I just know not everyone’s looks dramatically change throughout the years. Mine did without any “work,” so I know for a fact it happens. Someone who did have a lot of work done (not that there’s anything wrong with it), is Adrienne Maloof. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2
On 9/5/2019 at 11:12 AM, RealHousewife said:

The biggest change besides the hair is that she lost weight and all that baby fat.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

The biggest change besides the hair is that she lost weight and all that baby fat.

I agree and I don't know if she's had a nose job - to me she is a real stunner and she doesn't look plastic at all.    I know that's not popular but I do think she's really pretty.

• Love 4
On 9/5/2019 at 3:45 PM, RealHousewife said:

The side profile does make it tricky. I have seen a photo of her straight on somewhere. She was a pretty girl with long, dark curly hair. 

I’m younger than Dorit and practically unrecognizable from my high school graduation photo. If you really look, you can tell it’s me. But if you walked past me, you’d never know it’s the same girl. I’ve had zero plastic surgery and no Botox or filler yet either. Just older, blonder, and wear more makeup now. 

I think Dorit has admitted to Botox, I forget about filler. I’m sure she’s done stuff to preserve her skin, but I’m not convinced she’s had the Heidi Montag special. Don’t want to sound argumentative. I agree that Dorit does look different. I just know not everyone’s looks dramatically change throughout the years. Mine did without any “work,” so I know for a fact it happens. Someone who did have a lot of work done (not that there’s anything wrong with it), is Adrienne Maloof. 

image.png.2c600ac3f35493d6999041f635be783c.png

I think this is probably the photo that you are thinking of.  Dorit has definitely had her nose done and she's had lip filler done.  You can see it best in the times when she is shown without lipstick on, it's way more noticeable then.  And, obviously her boobs are fake.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, jinjer said:

Does botox give you the appearance of an brow lift? She's pretty and she has a good figure sans fake boobs.

I think if someone who is really good with it does it, they can use it that way.  There is the potential to manipulate some muscles but not others.

• Love 1