Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Model Behavior

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

But if what Kandi is saying is true, Phaedra made it seem as if she wasn't upset about Apollo's departure. In private conversations with Kandi, Phaedra was apparently counting down the days and seeing other men. So, it is a bit disingenuous (to say the least) for Phaedra to be so upset that Kandi didn't make more time for her - and certainly, if she did feel that way, she could have said something to Kandi to that effect instead of making passive-aggressive comments about it to Nene (she knew this would be aired on TV). Phaedra never discloses her full meaning, so while she may not have said anything overtly mean about Kandi to Nene, she painted a very clear picture that Kandi was not being a supportive friend to her in a time of need. And, keep in mind, she was doing this to Nene of all people, who had been a raging bitch to both several seasons.

It doesn't matter if its true or not, you don't repeat confidences, especially out of context, which is what Kandi is doing to Phaedra. I think that Phaedra said anything to Nene, "of all people", shows how just how much Kandi shut Phaedra out to begin with.

• Love 14

Porsha is the last person I'd pick to babysit my kids. She shoes up in a WHITE dress and gives them yogurt in bed. Did those babies even brush their teeth? Phaedra must have had some REAL pressing evening errands to attend to. 

Porsha's Todd seems very nice, though. Very polite, but very nervous. 

Someone needs to tell her mom not to use any variation of the word "poo" during the dinner prayer. 

Kenya and her dad and Matt was so many shades of pathetic. It was embarrassing; I almost had to turn away. What 40-something woman makes her daddy call the dude who isn't showing up when he says he's going to? How many different ways can Matt show he's not interested? He is absent. He's violent. What is the good in all this???? Seriously. 

I don't even know what to say about Phaedra and Kandi. I felt they had a really real relationship and it was probably my favorite friendship over the course of this series. I feel like Kandi has been kind of shitty, letting Todd's friendship with Apollo take precedent over her friendship with Phaedra. I think she's said, or let her momma say, some pretty personal stuff that didn't need to be revealed on air. But I also think maybe she has a point that Phaedra acts one way on camera, and another off - and it makes her look like an ass at times. But then again, I do see Phaedra's point, that one can have mixed feelings about a relationship. She could be relieved the marriage is ending, but sad at the same time. They have kids together. It's never going to be easy. I can see why Phaedra messing with another dude early on would make Kandi doubt her claims of being upset, but we know Apollo was fucking around too. So it's not really fair to act like Phaedra was being super shady behind his back. I don't think that marriage was on solid footing for a long time, long before he went away. So I don't really know what to think. I think there's too much going on behind the scenes to know where to land with this one. 

• Love 8

So glad you are all doing the commenting here! The show is a bit BLAH for me at the moment ... I'm happily distributing lots of Likes for posts though!

To comment on the show rather than the forum....

- Cynthia.... you go girl, and be a gay divorcee (old reference here from when gay meant happy...ok?!)

- Porsha... seems to be maturing...who woulda thunk it?!

- Kandi.... nasty piece of work who is not a true 'girl friend'. Defends her piece of work mother. Drops her friends (Phaedra) to defend their nasty husband (Apollo) because why????

- Kenya. Sheesh. Run Matt run. Kenya needs more insight into herself before she can gave a successful relationship. Having said "run Matt" ... he's a man acting like a douche and who needs to grow the fuck up.

- Flashback to Nene in that nasty rat's nest Marge Simpson wig... bwa ha hahahahaha!!! That scene always makes me laugh. Her stylist had a grudge that day!!!

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

"Who Gonna Check Me, Boo?" T-shirts or workout wear would have been a mega-seller,

I believe they actually are a thing, but are not megasellers. More a case of too little too late and of Sheree's established MO of not wanting to do the actual work. Imagine a work out line, which Sheree herself could easily be the face and body of, called 'Who Gonna Check Me, Boo?". It would be a smash hit, she could have spun it as appealing to strong women who are fending for themselves. She could have appealed to women to keep healthy, fit and strong in a man's world. She's already doing the damn workouts everyday and appearing on this show quite regularly in workout gear, why pass up the opportunity to feature your own brand?? It's NOT like she doesn't need the money.$

this is the woman who has been charging $5 for a selfie with her, ffs. Lazy, stupid or nuts?

Edited by queenjen
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

As the editors showed, Kandi did her share of shading Phaedra as well, it went both ways but at least, the issue between Phaedra/Todd was a business deal and not some personal vendetta like we are now seeing Kandi do. Oh, and Joyce has said much worse about Todd and his mother.

It annoyed me when Phaedra was trying to be gracious and say, "We've both said things", but Kandi wanted to act all - "No no no, the things *I* said were true, so they don't count." Bitch, please. 

8 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Sheree expecting Kairo to be walking the runway at NYFW within months was so ridiculous. I'm glad Cynthia was trying to inject some reality into the conversation, but of course, Sheree didn't want to hear it, thinking her special snowflake can do whatever he sets his mind to. Girl, please.

I cannot stand parents like that. It's good to believe in your children and instill the idea that they can do anything they want to. But  it's not some magical leap from point A to point B. Yes, you CAN walk in NYFW - BUT.....you have to put a hell of a lot of work in, so let's see if you're ready to do that. She just thinks Kairo is so amazing that he'll have one conversation with Cynthia on TV, and some designer will be beating down her door the next week. No, honey. No. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 11

The only housewives show that I ever liked is now nothing more than a transparent, craven grab for money. Their families are more involved than the other housewives shows, i.e., Joyce, Kairo, Bob, Todd, and so on - everyone's piling onto the money bandwagon and not even trying to pass it off as anything other than it is.

Does Cynthia's modeling agency make money? Does she run the thing on a daily basis? I have the impression that a significant part of her income was from Russell and Leon; modeling income is very short-lived and many models spend every penny they make. I'm curious whether she's generating enough income to live off of, separate from her TV income.

ETA:

Flashback to Nene in that nasty rat's nest Marge Simpson wig... bwa ha hahahahaha!!! That scene always makes me laugh. Her stylist had a grudge that day!!!

Or an homage to Phyllis Diller.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 7

Damn, Kairo.  You've got this Definitely-Old-Enough-to-be-Your-Mama Lady feeling some feels.  I was LOL-ing at Cynthia's reaction to him.  I feel you girl.  Speaking of Cynthia, she is looking SO pretty in that talking head where she is wearing the curly wig (not the super-big curly one - the medium sized curly one). 

I think that Porsha's new (old?) guy is a cutie.  But here's what I don't understand.  Porsha apparently dated him for what? Like 3 years?  Yet, her mom and sister acted not only like they never met him, but like they didn't even know that he existed when she brought him up last week.  And P is supposedly very close with her family right?  So.... something's not adding up in their backstory for me. 

9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Another thing about these women, actually all the Housewives except maybe Sheree,  is why are they always so dressed up?  Even when Porscha was babysitting she was dressed up.  Hell, the other day it was so cold and miserable, I put sweatpants and a sweater on over my pajamas.  I thought I was only going to walk the dog and stay home, but, I ended up going to the grocery store dressed like that.

Well, OK, but were you being filmed by a production crew for a show that was going to be viewed by millions?  Good on ya if you say that you'd still wear the same thing if you were, but the majority of us women are a bit more vain than that! 

That said, I don't think most of them are obnoxiously overdressed. Sheree wears workout clothes in some of her scenes, Kenya wears casual yoga gear/leggings, and Kandi dresses in t-shirts and jeans.  The only 2 I can think of who don't dress down much are Porsha and Phaedra.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I don't even know what to say about Phaedra and Kandi. I felt they had a really real relationship and it was probably my favorite friendship over the course of this series. I feel like Kandi has been kind of shitty, letting Todd's friendship with Apollo take precedent over her friendship with Phaedra. I think she's said, or let her momma say, some pretty personal stuff that didn't need to be revealed on air. But I also think maybe she has a point that Phaedra acts one way on camera, and another off - and it makes her look like an ass at times. But then again, I do see Phaedra's point, that one can have mixed feelings about a relationship. She could be relieved the marriage is ending, but sad at the same time. They have kids together. It's never going to be easy. I can see why Phaedra messing with another dude early on would make Kandi doubt her claims of being upset, but we know Apollo was fucking around too. So it's not really fair to act like Phaedra was being super shady behind his back. I don't think that marriage was on solid footing for a long time, long before he went away. So I don't really know what to think. I think there's too much going on behind the scenes to know where to land with this one. 

Agreed 100%.  Especially the bolded. I really enjoyed their friendship, but I think both of them have a role in its demise.  It's not all Kandi's fault, nor is it all Phaedra's fault. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 10
55 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Flashback to Nene in that nasty rat's nest Marge Simpson wig... bwa ha hahahahaha!!! That scene always makes me laugh. Her stylist had a grudge that day!!!

I don't know how Phaedra could take Nene seriously during that scene.  I would have had to laugh.

It reminds me of a time I took my son to see Santa.  It wasn't busy, and somehow I started talking to Santa, and the conversation moved to serious matters like poverty and economics.  I had to excuse myself, because I was sitting there having a deep conversation with someone dressed as Santa, it was too weird and my mind couldn't stay on a serious track.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, mothmonsterman said:

I don't know how Phaedra could take Nene seriously during that scene.  I would have had to laugh.

It reminds me of a time I took my son to see Santa.  It wasn't busy, and somehow I started talking to Santa, and the conversation moved to serious matters like poverty and economics.  I had to excuse myself, because I was sitting there having a deep conversation with someone dressed as Santa, it was too weird and my mind couldn't stay on a serious track.  

Something about nylon fake hair I guess.... !!!!

2 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

Matt is clearly so very done with Kenya’s mess.  What 47 year old woman calls her daddy to fix her 5 month relationship with a guy half her age?  I have to agree with the bloggers that something is not quite right about the 17 emails which either she is hard of hearing or she was secretly encouraging him to not show up.  It was noticed that she was a bit surprised when he did show.  Give a pissed off guy an ultimatum and he will bounce.  Her father did and he bounced.  Kenya wasn’t prepared for THAT either!!

Kandi showed her true colors in this episode.  The ONLY person she is loyal to is her mother.  In fact, this episode she WAS her mother.  To claim that Phaedra was a good friend in the past and allow her crew to trash the girl and for her to also jump in and trash her was all kinds of wrong.  I applaud Phaedra for at least trying to get together and try to resolve their issues.  I believe Phaedra really cared about Kandi far more than Kandi cares about anyone.

I agree with what you said about Matt and Kenya.  Kenya's 47 years old and she's calling her daddy to talk to her boyfriend?  Kenya's too immature for any kind of serious relationship if she has to call a parent to assist her. 

I don't like Kandi or Phaedra, and I can't stand Kandi's mother AT ALL and don't get why Kandi can't tell Joyce that this show is about Kandi, not Joyce.  So that's two strikes against Kandi. 

What was the reason that Kandi and Phaedra even had that sit down?  I didn't even care. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Another thing about these women, actually all the Housewives except maybe Sheree,  is why are they always so dressed up?  Even when Porscha was babysitting she was dressed up.  Hell, the other day it was so cold and miserable, I put sweatpants and a sweater on over my pajamas.  I thought I was only going to walk the dog and stay home, but, I ended up going to the grocery store dressed like that.

That's one thing I like about the RHNYC women. Even with all their money, they keep it casual with jeans and sweaters unless they are going to dinner or some planned event. Very expensive jeans and sweaters, but still....they really know how and when to dress. 

Oh, and Khandi, STFU. She's turned in to such a bitch since marrying Todd. Not a good look. 

Keny, at 47, dragging daddy in to her relationship problems. Wow, how desperate is she? That was really, really pathetic. 

• Love 8

Kandi's work meetings remind me of TMZ, everyone sitting around on random chairs chiming in on the day's gossip and such.  Don Juan and his dig at Todd and the restaurant, Kandi didn't shut it down and Todd just sat there taking it. 

Cynthia needs a $900,000 + house?  Really?  What I wouldn't given (after my divorce) to have gotten a cute condo in the city near all the fun stuff and people.

Phaedra needs a story line.

Kenya and Matt, it's only been 5 months, it isn't working, walk away, don't bring your father in to the ridiculousness.  I guess that paycheck is his Father's Day gift from Kenya. 

• Love 5

According to Wiki, Kenya is 45, not 47.  Is that not right? 

Regardless, I agree that it was ridiculous to call her dad to come help fix the situation. Sorry but that guy doesn't really seem "all there" --- not sure what kind of help he is really equipped to offer.    

What was the reason that Kandi and Phaedra even had that sit down?  I didn't even care. 

Same answer to the "why" does 95% of what we see happen: airtime. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, swankie said:

Kandi is a stealth bitch!!!  Like mother like daughter.  She really irked me when she said Drama must have been a boyfriend Phaedra was trying to avoid and that's why she got a bodyguard.  Message to Kandi:  I wouldn't bring up any cheating with a boyfriend crap when you were Riley's daddy's side piece.  Don't get it twisted!  And you know damned well you knew he was married before you decided to stop using contraceptives and let yourself get pregnant.  Heffa!  I'm really not liking her at all now.  I seriously hope your damned restaurant drains you dry and flops like your marriage will eventually do.

So Lauren had some serious stink face when she was questioning Porsha's new man.  Reminded me of Matt's sister when she was questioning Kenya.  These sisters really are ride or die for their siblings aren't they?  I'm not mad at 'em!

And Kairo!  Nuff said!  LOL!

Kairo reminds me of Sean Wayans.

Edited by announcergirl
Dumb autocorrect
  • Love 4

I really don't see Kandi as changing with having a man. She has always kept her circle tight and you could tell there wasn't really a personal connection with the ladies (besides Phaedra), just coworker laughs/beefs. I think that with the demise of the one real friendship, she just tightened her circle back up and keeps them at a distance again. She seems to still maintain her other friendships preshow (Toya, Tiny, Rasheeda, etc). I just think that "she got a man and cut off her girls" is not an accurate read, especially based on these contrived relationships.

I truly feel everyone on generally not "going there" on ex friends...that my standard policy, but Phaedra is more at fault for the way it's playing out. She has always been real slick out the mouth in talking heads (and that little convo outside Demetria's party with Porsha and Shamea), and she went too far on Todd, basically calling him a scrub and questioning his integrity, painting Kandi as a sugar mama. Even through the decline in their friendship, Kandi played it close to the vest, never commenting on Phaedra or her folks in nasty ways when the other ladies would bring it up, and whenever Phaedra had beef with someone, Kandi was down for the cause. 

Phaedra decided to be a turncoat first (and I'm not referencing going to NeNe even though that was stupid, IMO, after NeNe dogged her out and has proven to stab her own good longtime friends -- Kim, Sheree -- with low down jabs, not someone to cry to or confide in). 

Phaedra drew first blood, don't get mad because Kandi has a longer knife.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 23

Kandi's mother is like your nastiest, meanest relative saying the worst thing they have ever said; yet she is stuck on an endless loop of horrible. 

Kelli from RHONY could have said "she has knives on her tongue" about Joyce and been totally correct.  

Even her ugly, hateful face is permanent; and I mean ugly in a way that has nothing to do with looks, it is the expression she wears; like there is a gutter running in her mind at all times.

God, I cannot stand that woman. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

Speaking of Cynthia, she is looking SO pretty in that talking head where she is wearing the curly wig (not the super-big curly one - the medium sized curly one). 

Yes. And who's not looking good in her THs? Kandi. In that magenta dress. That is barely holding her tatas in place. I swear I saw hints of areola. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sunsheyen said:

I really don't see Kandi as changing with having a man. She has always kept her circle tight and you could tell there wasn't really a personal connection with the ladies (besides Phaedra), just coworker laughs/beefs. I think that with the demise of the one real friendship, she just tightened her circle back up and keeps them at a distance again. She seems to still maintain her other friendships preshow (Toya, Tiny, Rasheeda, etc). I just think that "she got a man and cut off her girls" is not an accurate read, especially based on these contrived relationships.

I truly feel everyone on generally not "going there" on ex friends...that my standard policy, but Phaedra is more at fault for the way it's playing out. She has always been real slick out the mouth in talking heads (and that little convo outside Demetria's party with Porsha and Shamea), and she went too far on Todd, basically calling him a scrub and questioning his integrity, painting Kandi as a sugar mama. Even through the decline in their friendship, Kandi played it close to the vest, never commenting on Phaedra or her folks in nasty ways when the other ladies would bring it up, and whenever Phaedra had beef with someone, Kandi was down for the cause. 

Phaedra decided to be a turncoat first (and I'm not referencing going to NeNe even though that was stupid, IMO, after NeNe dogged her out and has proven to stab her own good longtime friends -- Kim, Sheree -- with low down jabs, not someone to cry to or confide in). 

First off, Phaedra did not seek out Nene to vent about Kandi.  Nene picked up on what Phaedra was going through and approached her.  Phaedra never bad mouthed Kandi other than saying that Kandi did not support her during her crisis.  The only shade towards the Tuckers was that Phaedra threw was her feeling about Todd and his handling of the video project.  He handled it badly, not coming to her at the onset and directly.  He actually was the first to be nasty towards Phaedra as he is closer to Apollo.

Even after all that Phaedra supported Kandi when Sharon died, threw her a baby shower when she had the baby all while going through her divorce drama.  Kandi did not return the favor.  Instead, she chastised Phaedra for not supporting Apollo and Phaedra's reluctance to taking the boys to prison to visit their father.  Kandi knowingly kept quiet about the items Apollo "stored" in their garage, fully aware that the feds were looking for it.  She then after admitting that fact on WWHL proceeded to accuse Phaedra of calling the feds on her.  And then the dogging began first with her crew, then her mother, now her.

The very thing that Kandi warned Phaedra that Nene would surely do if angered, Kandi did last night.  Still, Phaedra did not fight her or argue with her.  She only told her that she really cared for her as a friend while Kandi sat there and pretty much trivialized the trama of Apollo's abuse and eventual incarceration.  She even went as far as accusing Phaedra of the very thing she knew Apollo made up.

Nene read Kandi the first time she appeared on the show and Nene was more than right about Miss Kandi.

• Love 21
41 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

Kandi has always been about business and she is very successful, she is fairly practical when it comes to save before you spend, which sets her apart from most of the cast, and Phaedra has not enjoyed the same success and has moved from business opportunities to advocacy.  The relationship changed two years ago and did not snap back.  There are ways to go about things, and I would say having one's assistant call and make a dinner appointment, was a bad power move.

When they were at the tasting, Kandi did get up and remove her mother, who looked like she was about ready to sink her fangs into Phaedra's neck, and keep that line of questioning at bay. 

Last season Apollo was on, there was discussion about Mr. Chocolate, and contrary to Phaedra's repeated denials, he does/did exist and she decided to introduce him to Kandi.  Phaedra went after Peter, Cynthia et al, and painted them as liars, when in reality he did exist, and most likely they weren't made up e-mails.   There comes a time when a confidence becomes public and your choices are to perpetuate the lie, or stand with the truth.  Phaedra should have met the situation truthfully and head on and by now it would be a thing of the past.    

It must have been a great season for poor, single mom, Phaedra she just bought a compound.      https://tamaratattles.com/2016/12/14/phaedra-parks-buys-a-two-acre-gated-estate/  Hope things work out for her. 

• Love 8

Watching one fake friend lecture another fake friend about being fake is like listening to the twentlysomethings at the bar when you're waiting for your table.

It's the spicy cheetos of eavesdropping, you enjoy it at the time but feel the worse for the consumption.......

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Last season Apollo was on, there was discussion about Mr. Chocolate, and contrary to Phaedra's repeated denials, he does/did exist and she decided to introduce him to Kandi.  Phaedra went after Peter, Cynthia et al, and painted them as liars, when in reality he did exist, and most likely they weren't made up e-mails.   There comes a time when a confidence becomes public and your choices are to perpetuate the lie, or stand with the truth.  Phaedra should have met the situation truthfully and head on and by now it would be a thing of the past.    

However, it was also revealed that "Chocolate" was a female client of Phaedra and a friend whom both her and Apollo had attended her wedding.  Kandi knew about White Chocolate as she met the girl through Phaedra.  So this new crap about a Mr Chocolate being someone Phaedra was cheating with is stupid at best. This was a rumor Apollo himself started with Peter then Todd and everyone drank the koolaid. 

• Love 9

I would be crushed if I told my ex best friend that maybe I cared about them more than I did my husband (at a point in time) and they threw back their head and laughed.  That was so bogus.  I have given men their walking papers because they were mean or jealous of my best friend.  I let them know up front that my friend means the world to me, and isn't going anywhere.  (I have to add that she is a great person and no one really would have any reason to have a beef with her, I could see if she was part jerk or something, but that is never the case.)  Kandi must have never had a truly good friend if she doesn't understand that a bond between a good friend can be just as strong as a bond of a relationship.  Hell, these marriages bust up faster than most friendships nowadays. 

Why can't Kandi understand that even if you are going through a divorce and want the person gone, it is still hurtful when it is over.  Phaedra and Apollo have two children, and Phaedra knows she will have to deal with this man the rest of her life in some way.  Plus, I am sure she didn't go into the relationship wanting it to end or for them both to end up hating each other.  No person goes into a relationship feeling that way.  

Edited by mothmonsterman
  • Love 24

I thought that Kandi sounded close to tears during that conversation with Phaedra.  Her voice was doing that weird thing.  I think Phaedra's nasty remarks about Todd really were below the belt, especially since Phaedra was in the wrong in the first place.  I don't blame Kandi one bit for ending the friendship.  Looks like things really turn nasty between them.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I thought that Kandi sounded close to tears during that conversation with Phaedra.  Her voice was doing that weird thing.  I think Phaedra's nasty remarks about Todd really were below the belt, especially since Phaedra was in the wrong in the first place.  I don't blame Kandi one bit for ending the friendship.  Looks like things really turn nasty between them.

Phaedra said what she did about Todd because she heard all the nasty things he was saying about her regarding the video.  Hers was a reaction, Kandi was already on the hate Phaedra road show the moment Nene befriended Phaedra and the fact tha Phaedra did not take Kandi's advice about Apollo.

And don't forget; it was Phaedra who introduced Kandi to Todd.  There would be no Todd without Kandi's friend Phaedra.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Kandi has always been about business and she is very successful, she is fairly practical when it comes to save before you spend, which sets her apart from most of the cast, and Phaedra has not enjoyed the same success and has moved from business opportunities to advocacy.  The relationship changed two years ago and did not snap back.  There are ways to go about things, and I would say having one's assistant call and make a dinner appointment, was a bad power move.

When they were at the tasting, Kandi did get up and remove her mother, who looked like she was about ready to sink her fangs into Phaedra's neck, and keep that line of questioning at bay. 

It must have been a great season for poor, single mom, Phaedra she just bought a compound.      https://tamaratattles.com/2016/12/14/phaedra-parks-buys-a-two-acre-gated-estate/  Hope things work out for her. 

When was it proven that Mr. Chocolate is anything more than a figment of Apollo's fertile imagination? Also, when did Phaedra introduce "him" to Kandi? I don't think any of this passes the smell test, I think Kandi is going on what Apollo told Peter/Todd as fact and nothing more.

I don't think Phaedra looked at this dinner as anything more than to stop the attacks from Joyce/Kandi's team by dealing with Kandi, not that she was trying to restart their friendship, so having an assistant set the day/time isn't a problem for me. As you pointed out, their friendship ended a couple of years ago.

As for Kandi stopping her mother at the tasting, that was so the tasting didn't get off track, it had nothing to do with Kandi being thoughtful about anything else other than her bottom dollar. LOL

• Love 10

Kelli from RHONY could have said "she has knives on her tongue" about Joyce and been totally correct.  

Oh God, Andy Cohen needs to get these two on a show together. Throw in Danielle or Teresa from NJ and I'm there.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

However, it was also revealed that "Chocolate" was a female client of Phaedra and a friend whom both her and Apollo had attended her wedding.  Kandi knew about White Chocolate as she met the girl through Phaedra.  So this new crap about a Mr Chocolate being someone Phaedra was cheating with is stupid at best. This was a rumor Apollo himself started with Peter then Todd and everyone drank the koolaid. 

Well last night Chocolate was referred to as Mr. Chocolate, so I am pretty sure, Kandi knows who the guy is.  I believe the conversation came up during the discussion of the bodyguard. Kandi said the bodyguard wasn't Mr. Chocolate because she knew who Mr. Chocolate was/is.  So there is such a person.

4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

When was it proven that Mr. Chocolate is anything more than a figment of Apollo's fertile imagination? Also, when did Phaedra introduce "him" to Kandi? I don't think any of this passes the smell test, I think Kandi is going on what Apollo told Peter/Todd as fact and nothing more.

I don't think Phaedra looked at this dinner as anything more than to stop the attacks from Joyce/Kandi's team by dealing with Kandi, not that she was trying to restart their friendship, so having an assistant set the day/time isn't a problem for me. As you pointed out, their friendship ended a couple of years ago.

As for Kandi stopping her mother at the tasting, that was so the tasting didn't get off track, it had nothing to do with Kandi being thoughtful about anything else other than her bottom dollar. LOL

It apparently did not bother Kandi, because she didn't address it.  The first 30 seconds of silence kind of told it all.  I don't why Phaedra expected Kandi to apologize for her mother.  RH shows, wives don't apologize for their husband's words (think LVP and Ken or Bobby Zarin and Jill) it is meaningless.  The way Phaedra went about it as if Mama Joyce's comments about someone named Drama, who was arrested, was a blight on the entire African American community was too over the top. 

Well you can't have it both ways say that Kandi needs to do this and that to her mom and when she stops her before she strikes say her motives were self-serving.  Actually you did say it.  LOL.

• Love 5

I'm still losing interest in this show, so here are a few comments:

● Watching Porsha pretend to babysit Shady Phaedra's kids was like watching a child with her mental and emotional peers.

● Nene's Bride of Frankenstein hair will never stop being funny.

● Kandi's office meetings are cringe-inducing.  SO unprofessional! 

● Sheree appears to have shifted her delusions of grandeur to her son.

● I can't help but think Phaedra set up that situation with her felon entertainer client, especislly when his mother showed up for that "heartfelt talk" with Phaedra, Blah blah blah, .

● How pathetic are you when you need your father to handle disputes with your alleged boyfriend? I noticed she's not above manipulating her father, either. 

● Didn't Porsha's family drive off an earlier boyfriend of hers a couple seasons ago?

● The return of Mister Chocolate. Really? Have these gals forgotten he turned out to be a nasty rumor started by Apollo?

• Love 5

This was resolved last season and even Kandi herself stated that Chocolate was "White Chocolate" a lady stripper and client of Phaedra's.  Kandi was blowing out a private rant that Phaedra had when things were really bad with Apollo.   However, once Phaedra realized Kandi was siding with Apollo, she no longer confided in Kandi for anything.  that was when Nene was her confidant.  and a side note:  NONE of her private conversations have left Nene's lips

• Love 8
Just now, Aging Goth said:

This was resolved last season and even Kandi herself stated that Chocolate was "White Chocolate" a lady stripper and client of Phaedra's.  Kandi was blowing out a private rant that Phaedra had when things were really bad with Apollo.   However, once Phaedra realized Kandi was siding with Apollo, she no longer confided in Kandi for anything.  that was when Nene was her confidant.  and a side note:  NONE of her private conversations have left Nene's lips

Well again it was not resolved, as Kandi said she knew MR. Chocolate and he was not Phaedra's present body guard .  Maybe Kandi as a friend was covering for Phaedra back then.  So to keep saying it was a figment of someone's imagination, only strengthens why these women collectively find Phaedra duplicitous. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Well you can't have it both ways say that Kandi needs to do this and that to her mom and when she stops her before she strikes say her motives were self-serving.  Actually you did say it.  LOL.

She only stopped her mother from admitting that she actually went to a lawyer to find a way to say some nasty things to Phaedra.  Kandi did nothing to stop Joyce from coming at her about the Drama incident.  By the way, Drama was immediately released once they realized he had no bomb.

• Love 5

Joyce is Kandi's mouthpiece.  What's coming out of Joyce's mouth is what's coming out of Kandi's mouth.  Joyce wouldn't know anything about Phaedra's business or be upset about Phaedra's business unless Kandi told her.  When Kandi stopped Joyce from digging into Phaedra, she wasn't stopping her because Joyce was getting out of control.  She was stopping her because she didn't want the things she's said to Joyce about Phaedra coming out of Joyce's mouth.

Phaedra knows the words coming out of Joyce's mouth are Kandi's words.  So getting together with Kandi to tell "Joyce" to cut it out was really to tell KANDI to cut it out.

Kandi knows Phaedra is coming around to address "Joyce" (Kandi), so Kandi put the matter on the platter and addressed Phaedra instead.

Kenya was born in Jan. 1971 I believe, so she is currently 45 and will be 46 next month.

Kenya brought her dad around for "protection".  Matt's not going to get crunk, rude or disrespectful of Kenya while her dad is there.  I don't understand the point.  He thinks she's manipulative & fundamentally deceptive (she is); she's upset because he goes around breaking her sh!t (he does).  Send him back to the puppy pound and buy some Bedroom Kandi.  Case closed.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

Well again it was not resolved, as Kandi said she knew MR. Chocolate and he was not Phaedra's present body guard .  Maybe Kandi as a friend was covering for Phaedra back then.  So to keep saying it was a figment of someone's imagination, only strengthens why these women collectively find Phaedra duplicitous. 

Phaedra's "bodyguards" was a member of the Nation of Islam.  And Kandi also stated that she only heard about Mr Chocolate from Todd who got it from Apollo.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Well last night Chocolate was referred to as Mr. Chocolate, so I am pretty sure, Kandi knows who the guy is.  I believe the conversation came up during the discussion of the bodyguard. Kandi said the bodyguard wasn't Mr. Chocolate because she knew who Mr. Chocolate was/is.  So there is such a person.

It apparently did not bother Kandi, because she didn't address it.  The first 30 seconds of silence kind of told it all.  I don't why Phaedra expected Kandi to apologize for her mother.  RH shows, wives don't apologize for their husband's words (think LVP and Ken or Bobby Zarin and Jill) it is meaningless.  The way Phaedra went about it as if Mama Joyce's comments about someone named Drama, who was arrested, was a blight on the entire African American community was too over the top. 

How does she "know" who this person is? He was a rumor started by Apollo and spread to the others by Peter and Todd.

Phaedra didn't expect Kandi to "apologize" for what Joyce did/said but to explain why she came for her, why she did it. The last time Phaedra/Joyce spoke, all was fine between them, Joyce asked Phaedra to throw her daughter a baby shower and Phaedra did it for her. Joyce coming at Phaedra like this was out of nowhere.

Again, Kandi wasn't stopping Joyce or shutting her down about anything. Joyce had already started the fight.

9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Maybe Kandi is just following Todd's lead. Todd bought everything Apollo told him hook line and sinker and if I were Kandi, I would be worried that my husband follows a convicted felon so blindly.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Maybe Kandi is just following Todd's lead. Todd bought everything Apollo told him hook line and sinker and if I were Kandi, I would be worried that my husband follows a convicted felon so blindly.

Not mentioning that he STILL corresponds with Apollo and knew about the tart Apollo is allegedly engaged to.

• Love 8

So is Kandi the good friend privy to Phaedra's secrets that she's now spilling or is Mr. Chocolate a figment?

Because if he's a lie then she isn't spilling secrets so no need for outrage.

re meeting Todd: he was a producer on set. Phaedra may have gotten them to say hello but it's not as if they weren't in the same space. 

re NeNe: my comments weren't referring to or dependent on who approached whom, what I mentioned was that NeNe has already shown herself to be a snake ON CAMERA to her former REAL and long term friends. Of course she hasn't exposed Phaedra, they haven't had any on air conflict since then for NeNe to air her out like Kim and Sheree. I don't doubt if she felt it was warranted, Ms. Leakes wouldn't say any and everything she felt necessary. After all, Kim's kids thought of her as a godmother and she had no problem destroying that relationship. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Aging Goth said:

Wasn't it Cynthia who got the Mr. Chocolate ball rolling? She and Peter had a discussion in the kitchen, and then she was with the women in a restaurant and that's when she brought it up. Or am I misremembering it?

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Wasn't it Cynthia who got the Mr. Chocolate ball rolling? She and Peter had a discussion in the kitchen, and then she was with the women in a restaurant and that's when she brought it up. Or am I misremembering it?

Actually Apollo told both Peter and Todd.  Peter told Cynthia who spread it to the other women and Todd Told Kandi who mentioned in a TH that she heard it when they were "honoring" her at an awards ceremony set up by Peter.  At the time Kandi said Todd told her about it but she kept it to herself.  This was before she found out that Nene had befriended Phaedra and before Cynthia confronted Phaedra at the dinner.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Marley said:

Wow I don't like Phaedra at all but Kandi is such a POS she's making me like her.

Kandi's mama as she likes to say is a fucking evil disgusting piece of fucking garbage. 

I'm a little confused, are you referring to the term "mama," or the evil disgusting part, etc.? I've never heard anyone say the last part about Joyce and I call my mother mama as does everyone in my family and everyone I grew up with that's why I'm asking lol.

16 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Save a seat for me at that table!

I'm right there with y'all...That was one of the realest conversations I've ever seen on a reality show. Kandi broke the 4th wall making references to comments Phaedra made in her TH's and in her conversation with Nene. They usually only do that at the reunions and you could see Phaedra trying to keep up the act and making it seem like she didn't know what Kandi was talking about lol. Kandi can be suspect with some things but I do believe that what you see is what you get with her and Phaedra has a whole façade going on.

Kairo is a specimen but doesn't seem like....much of a conversationalist, let's put it that way.

Edited by Negritude
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yes. And who's not looking good in her THs? Kandi. In that magenta dress. That is barely holding her tatas in place. I swear I saw hints of areola. 

rhoa-kandi-interview.jpg

You....you....you don't like my dress???

• Love 7

I’m going to unpack this Matt/Kenya nonsense as best I can.

Point A: I do think they dated for real; and I also think she’s manipulating him. But why would a man let a woman play him out as violent on tv?

Matt loves her.

Matt is a legit hothead.

Matt is dumb.

Point B: If you listen to Kenya talk about when the relationship was good, she says something like: “In the beginning, Matt was just happy to be in my presence.” The hubris and ego attached to that is intense and also probably A LOT to be around.

Additionally, when Kenya explains why Matt gets mad it’s because she’s successful and famous and he’s just some normal guy. Keep in mind that her stories about why he gets angry are always because she’s so awesome; she’s not just badmouthing him, she’s trying to elevate herself at the same time. Case in point, no way did Matt care about a decades old Jay Z photo.

Point C: What she seems most concerned about with the garage incident, is that it’s embarrassing. Jesus, that’s nuts. I can’t tell where her off-screen manipulations end and her actual mental issues begin.

Point D: And the guy who ghosts on his birthday and you have to call back from CA….is right about to dump you. I see no evidence that Matt is interested in or agreed to meet her dad (super weird). I also believe Matt’s story that she knew he was leaving and setup the birthday party thing to create a story line. All the Housewives are putting on some sort of show, but Kenya’s story lines have historically been some of the most untrue.  

Point E: There’s also something about the way she aggressively confronts people who aren’t meeting her needs (see: her MOM) that’s very bizarre and ultimately destructive.

• Love 20

They don't talk about you they contact you to pay the bill in question.  They don't sit and talk smack and then send thier spouse to talk to you. AND they don't keep dogging you after you finally pay up.

*snort*  Todd sent her multiple invoices.  We know this because he's the one who had receipts when he met with Phaedra about it.  The B didn't want to pay.  It wasn't until it was made clear to her that dodging her bills would be on the show that she finally paid.  There's no excuse no matter how you and Phaedra try to spin it.  No one should have to chase someone around to pay for services rendered. Period.

• Love 22
5 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I think that Porsha's new (old?) guy is a cutie.  But here's what I don't understand.  Porsha apparently dated him for what? Like 3 years?  Yet, her mom and sister acted not only like they never met him, but like they didn't even know that he existed when she brought him up last week.  And P is supposedly very close with her family right?  So.... something's not adding up in their backstory for me. 

I believe Porsha said last week that Todd was basically her side piece while she was dating someone else.  Her family knew her actual boyfriend during that period of time, but never met side piece Todd.  Or even more likely, production beefed up his backstory for her current storyline.  

2 hours ago, mothmonsterman said:

I would be crushed if I told my ex best friend that maybe I cared about them more than I did my husband (at a point in time) and they threw back their head and laughed.  That was so bogus.  I

Phaedra's tone and expression on her face when she said that came off as quite sarcastic, which is why I'd assume Kandi laughed.   

Phaedra said what she did about Todd because she heard all the nasty things he was saying about her regarding the video.  Hers was a reaction, Kandi was already on the hate Phaedra road show the moment Nene befriended Phaedra and the fact tha Phaedra did not take Kandi's advice about Apollo.

And don't forget; it was Phaedra who introduced Kandi to Todd.  There would be no Todd without Kandi's friend Phaedra.

Todd worked for the show.  That's how he and Kandi met.  Perhaps Phaedra made an introduction, but Todd and Kandi were in each other's orbit daily.  I'm thinking they would have found each other regardless of Phaedra's presence.  

The Kandi/Phaedra meet up felt very edited to me.  Like there were large chunks of that conversation that was left out that would have made both of their attitudes make more sense.  We got a lot of Kandi going in on Phaedra and not much of Phaedra's response.  

• Love 6