Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Model Behavior

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

But Phaedra didn't bad mouth Kandi to Nene. All she said was that Kandi wasn't there for her, which was true. As for her talking about DJ, he started that fight and then he lied to Kandi about it, removing his part in the fight (especially concerning Porsha). Also, all during this time, Todd is partying with Apollo at various strip clubs and hiding his property not only from the feds but also from Phaedra and I don't buy for 1 second that Kandi didn't know that shit was parked in her garage. The point being, Kandi isn't some innocent in all of this. You don't spill a former friends confidences.

Phaedra wasn't there for Kandi anymore than Kandi was there for her. They were BOTH going through big life moments. Just because you're dealing with something tough in your life doesn't mean that you don't ever ask people about what's going on in their life and how they're feeling. So I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of making Phaedra a victim in their friendship. BOTH women disregarded keeping up with one another during that time. It's also an issue of perception. Kand is the one person that knows Phaedra's secrets and when you start going through something tough, that's when you put on a brave face in front of HER and then turnaround and cry about how that person wasn't there for you? It's the optics of all of it and the way Phaedra presented the situation made Kandi seemed like she absolutely didn't care but Kandi's impression of the situation was that Phaedra was really holding together. Phaedra is right, just because she may have been ready for Apollo to go to prison doesn't mean there isn't some emotional baggage attached to that...but don't make light of the situation at the time and then turn around and be upset about how someone handled it when you gave an about face to them to begin with. All the while Phaedra was talking shit about Kandi's husband...and all because Todd was asking for money that Phaedra OWED him.

The point being, NEITHER is innocent in any of this. Kandi shouldn't have spilt beans, but Pheadra brought that on herself because she didn't mind her mouth to begin with. I think it's foolish to think that you can treat someone or talk about someone (or their family) however you like and think that you'll be protected by that someone because you once upon a time told them secrets when you were friends. That's not how life works. So I don't really care to hear about what Kandi did and how she did wrong...I know she did wrong but I also do not sympathize with someone who doesn't follow the golden rule of treating others as you would like to be treated. Phaedra knocked the domino over and now they're all falling one by one. 

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I agree you keep confidences, but when someone misrepresents you, and the situation, you sometimes have to reveal the circumstances.  There is an old adage-truth is an absolute defense.  Sometimes and especially on these shows, one comment, be it on camera, off camera, in a blog, to one's face, to another or in a confessional can forever alter the relationship.  I am going with the idea that Kandi revealed Phaedra's fooling around with Chocolate.  Obviously Phaedra was anxious for Apollo to leave because he was acting pretty scary.  Kandi seems to have crossed a line she didn't want to cross:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-8/blogs/kandi-burruss/kandi-i-do-care-about-our-friendship  I am not sure what twist of Phaedra's put her over the edge or if it was just the fact Phaedra wanted another sit down.   I am pretty sure misrepresenting or lying about a friend or her husband is flat out wrong as well.

By the way, I don't think Riley's father was married at the time of Riley's conception.  According to various sources he and Kandi dated a couple of months and he was still seeing the mother of another one of his children.  So she broke it off-or he kicked her to the curb.  That might be why we don't hear about Kandi dating a married man-because he wasn't married.  

Kandi either lied when she denied there was a "Mr. Chocolate" last season or she is lying this season, either way, it makes her a liar on this subject and I am not willing to believe her now because of that fact alone. And because she lied, anything she now claims Phaedra old her is questionable.

We really have no idea why Phaedra asked for the sit down, nor does Kandi, because Kandi cut her off right away. Maybe if Kandi had just allowed Phaedra to talk, Phaedra would have buried herself but Kandi took over and showed her own ass IMO.

From everything I have read, Block was still married to/living with his then wife as well as seeing/sleeping with a couple of other women and Kandi knew about it all. http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/12/11/kandi-burruss-exposed-for-telling-her-baby-daddys-wife-she-was-pregnant/

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Phaedra wasn't there for Kandi anymore than Kandi was there for her. They were BOTH going through big life moments. Just because you're dealing with something tough in your life doesn't mean that you don't ever ask people about what's going on in their life and how they're feeling. So I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of making Phaedra a victim in their friendship. BOTH women disregarded keeping up with one another during that time. It's also an issue of perception. Kand is the one person that knows Phaedra's secrets and when you start going through something tough, that's when you put on a brave face in front of HER and then turnaround and cry about how that person wasn't there for you? It's the optics of all of it and the way Phaedra presented the situation made Kandi seemed like she absolutely didn't care but Kandi's impression of the situation was that Phaedra was really holding together. Phaedra is right, just because she may have been ready for Apollo to go to prison doesn't mean there isn't some emotional baggage attached to that...but don't make light of the situation at the time and then turn around and be upset about how someone handled it when you gave an about face to them to begin with. All the while Phaedra was talking shit about Kandi's husband...and all because Todd was asking for money that Phaedra OWED him.

The point being, NEITHER is innocent in any of this. Kandi shouldn't have spilt beans, but Pheadra brought that on herself because she didn't mind her mouth to begin with. I think it's foolish to think that you can treat someone or talk about someone (or their family) however you like and think that you'll be protected by that someone because you once upon a time told them secrets when you were friends. That's not how life works. So I don't really care to hear about what Kandi did and how she did wrong...I know she did wrong but I also do not sympathize with someone who doesn't follow the golden rule of treating others as you would like to be treated. Phaedra knocked the domino over and now they're all falling one by one. 

Without a doubt, fault lies on both sides, not just Kandi's or just Phaedra's. But that doesn't excuse betraying a former friends confidences, it doesn't.

Yes, Phaedra was bad mouthing Todd and she should have paid him his money long ago but at the same time, he was also bad mouthing her and parroting Apollo's nastiness about Phaedra while hiding Apollo's assets from her and the FBI, so I get her being upset at him.

I actually think Apollo kicked the dominoes over with help from his pals Todd and Peter all to get back at his wife. Oh, and I think Todd/Peter were more than happy to knowingly help him, Apollo, do it. I don't think Kandi was a willing participant at first but then went along with Todd because she really had no other choice due to what her mother has said/done to him, she needed to back him up on something and this is it and she has no problems sacrificing Phaedra to do it. After all, Phaedra isn't family and for now, Todd is.

• Love 3

In regards to friends and confidences....this past year...a long term friendship of mine ended...and Ive neve told anyone anything he told me in private....but he wasted no time going to someone i was friends with that he barely know to spill dirt and to claim i was talking bad about them (even though i didnt...anf said former friend was trying to get me not to be friends with them.).  Turns out my former friend eventually tried to hook up with my friend that he didnt know....but had the decency to wait till we were no longer friends to do so...i guess.

With thst said, give me more scenes of Sharee as momager.

• Love 2
  18 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Porscha' new/old boyfriend seems like a nice enough guy, but, he also seems like a 16 year old picking up his first date to go to the prom.  He seems so nervous and awkward.

It might be because of the cameras filming his every move, word, and expression.  Not everyone is comfortable being filmed for TV.  It would be a little off-putting for me too.

16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Kandi already said that there is no "Mr. Chocolate" so until she shows proof, her about face is nothing more than her trying to rewrite history to fit her new agenda, which is to destroy Phaedra.

Exactly!  That whole conversation was Kandi trying to make Phaedra look bad because of what she said about Todd and for Phaedra, in Kandi's words, "coming for her mama".  And I don't see why Kandi thinks it's so farfetched for Phaedra to get a bodyguard.  Whether the bomb threat was real or not, it was still a wakeup call that Phaedra and her kids could be in danger.  Hell, all of them could.  You don't know who is watching the show and getting fixated on the characters.  Kandi had better get a bodyguard for that demon possessed mama of hers since so many people hate her.

13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Again, Kandi denied there was a "Mr. Chocolate" but now that she dislikes Phaedra with a passion, she "knows who he is". LOL

Kandi knows that whatever she says in a Talking Head can't be refuted until the reunion show so she's going in and saying all of this stuff about Phaedra since Phaedra went in on Todd in a Talking Head.  The Talking Head puts it out in the universe and whoever it is said about can do nothing about it.  Kandi did exactly what she set out to do.  She has people thinking that Mr. Chocolate was a real person that Phaedra was cheating on Apollo with.  Whether it's true or not doesn't matter to Kandi.  It's out there now and she's gotten even with Phaedra for the, "Todd must be looking for loose change under the couch cushions" remark in her Talking Head.

10 hours ago, queenjen said:

Young boys are a handful!  I thought she handled it very well.  And what a good friend offering to babysit so her friend could go out and unwind for a bit.  Very nice.

I see that whole babysitting thing as being producer driven.  The whole thing is just a tie in for Porsha's storyline of wanting to have children.  We all know that Phaedra has nannies and also her mother babysits a lot of the time.  Phaedra was never in need of Porsha's services.  Speaking of Phaedra's mother, she is such a good grandmother.  She's miles ahead of Joyce in that department.  Phaedra's kids are very lucky to have a grandmother who actually likes having them with her.

They are also very blessed to have a God-Fearing Grandmother, who is humble and never oversteps her bounds in her daughters relationship. Phaedra mother is a 'Prayer Warrior" who knows how to fight. I have never seen her be disrespectful with any of Phaedra friends or dipping in someone's else business. Joyce is the 'DEVIL"

• Love 12
  15 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Forgot to add, I did chuckle when Bob walked in and tried to cover up Kairo. I found that amusing.

Bob actually seems to have a great personality. I can see his charm.

Yes, but what's up with all of that sweating ?????????? No one else sweats that way but Bob !

3 hours ago, SistaLadybug said:

Look, I am here to be entertained.  These bitches are battling to the death for our amusement.  THIS IS SPARTA!!!  (or some shit - mixed metaphors - you get where I'm going with this)

This quote for the WIN!!!

laughing-smiley-267.png

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 4

Kenya - that was the longest ff yet.  I could give a crap about her and her invented story line.  Matt is correct in saying she manipulates people to the point they are ready to kill her.

Mama Joyce - I noticed a couple of weeks ago that she opened a can of chicken, so gross, and then made what looked like chicken salad.  You want to put that face on a restaurant?  I have never, ever opened a can of chicken.  You can buy skinless breast pretty cheap and poach the damn thing for your chicken salad.  I was completely grossed out by that.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Again the level of commitment to another during a time of strife is relative.  Kandi was there and Phaedra didn't want to go deep.

IIRC, Kandi would ask on camera if everything was alright and took Phaedra's on camera response as the last word.  At the same time, Phaedra mentioned more than once that it was the off camera support she needed. But Kandi has made herself satisfied with Phaedra's on air assurances so she's done with the matter.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Kandi either lied when she denied there was a "Mr. Chocolate" last season or she is lying this season, either way, it makes her a liar on this subject and I am not willing to believe her now because of that fact alone. And because she lied, anything she now claims Phaedra old her is questionable.

We really have no idea why Phaedra asked for the sit down, nor does Kandi, because Kandi cut her off right away. Maybe if Kandi had just allowed Phaedra to talk, Phaedra would have buried herself but Kandi took over and showed her own ass IMO.

From everything I have read, Block was still married to/living with his then wife as well as seeing/sleeping with a couple of other women and Kandi knew about it all. http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/12/11/kandi-burruss-exposed-for-telling-her-baby-daddys-wife-she-was-pregnant/

Well there was a full 30 seconds of silence-it was Phaedra's meeting:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-9/episode-7/videos/watch-kandi-and-phaedra-sit-in-silence-for  I thought the purpose was for Phaedra to find out the why of Mama Joyce's behavior. 

I think that is what has been at the heart of the friendship-that Phaedra has a tendency to stretch credulity and Kandi and Todd may have gone along either willingly or at Phaedra's behest.  I buy Kandi lies, but I don't buy she lies about everything. 

I don't believe Block and the woman were legally married-I think she is referring to a common law marriage (which are not recognized in Georgia unless they were formed outside the state in a state that permits common law marriages ), whatever happened Kandi moved on and took responsibility for raising her daughter.  What I read is they met at a radio station, ran into each other, dated for a couple of months, Kandi found out he was still carrying on with the mother of his child, ended it and was already pregnant with Riley.   It is fair game for the other women to go after Kandi.  It would be better if they actually knew Kandi when it happened.

I think the biggest difference between Phaedra and Kandi is how they deal with relationships.  Phaedra has a very good relationship with her mother/Kandi's mom is awful.  I don't think Phaedra (or most people) understand why Kandi is so generous to her mom.  Kandi, for a very long time, has had a certain group of employees, who are also friends and very supportive, Phaedra and Porscha  have this idea that because someone is related to Kandi or employed by her they are beneath them and due respect.  I just don't think Kandi feels that way, as employees and long time friends she values their opinions and  support.  (They complained about Todd.) 

As much as the producers love to have these long drawn out seasons about friends falling apart, I think with Kandi they hit a brick wall.  Phaedra and Kandi became acquainted in the spring of 2010, and by the fall of 2014, they were in friends' therapy and Phaedra was very disenchanted with Kandi.  I have often thought the fact Kandi has had three spin-offs may have contributed to the demise of the friendship.   

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't believe Block and the woman were legally married-I think she is referring to a common law marriage (which are not recognized in Georgia unless they were formed outside the state in a state that permits common law marriages ), whatever happened Kandi moved on and took responsibility for raising her daughter. 

Actually, he was actually married with four children.  The girl who came to the studio is a girlfriend as his wife left him for cheating.

• Love 2

Ya'll?  You gonna make me love somebody else, if you keep on Kairo lusting the way you do.   Am I going to be placing a call to dyfs today? He was just granted personhood like a year ago (in Porsha math that's only since September).   Get a hold of yourselves at once!  Lol.

On 12/18/2016 at 9:39 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Guess I'm in the minority because I believed every single word Kandi said about Phaedra and I understood why she was pissed. Phaedra going to former nemesis Nene to bitch about Kandi rather than, say, talking about her issues with Kandi herself was very low. But then I've long had the sense that Phaedra is simply not a good person. So, I enjoy her being read for filth.

room for one more?  ::fastens bib::

On 12/19/2016 at 10:30 AM, sunsheyen said:

I really don't see Kandi as changing with having a man. She has always kept her circle tight and you could tell there wasn't really a personal connection with the ladies (besides Phaedra), just coworker laughs/beefs. I think that with the demise of the one real friendship, she just tightened her circle back up and keeps them at a distance again. She seems to still maintain her other friendships preshow (Toya, Tiny, Rasheeda, etc). I just think that "she got a man and cut off her girls" is not an accurate read, especially based on these contrived relationships.

I truly feel everyone on generally not "going there" on ex friends...that my standard policy, but Phaedra is more at fault for the way it's playing out. She has always been real slick out the mouth in talking heads (and that little convo outside Demetria's party with Porsha and Shamea), and she went too far on Todd, basically calling him a scrub and questioning his integrity, painting Kandi as a sugar mama. Even through the decline in their friendship, Kandi played it close to the vest, never commenting on Phaedra or her folks in nasty ways when the other ladies would bring it up, and whenever Phaedra had beef with someone, Kandi was down for the cause. 

Phaedra decided to be a turncoat first (and I'm not referencing going to NeNe even though that was stupid, IMO, after NeNe dogged her out and has proven to stab her own good longtime friends -- Kim, Sheree -- with low down jabs, not someone to cry to or confide in). 

Phaedra drew first blood, don't get mad because Kandi has a longer knife.

tumblr_mkwto0TnKy1ql5yr7o1_r1_500.gif

On 12/19/2016 at 0:11 PM, bosawks said:

Watching one fake friend lecture another fake friend about being fake is like listening to the twentlysomethings at the bar when you're waiting for your table.

It's the spicy cheetos of eavesdropping, you enjoy it at the time but feel the worse for the consumption.......

People stuck their head in the door to see what I was laughing at so hard.  It was embarrassing.

On 12/19/2016 at 0:13 PM, mothmonsterman said:

I would be crushed if I told my ex best friend that maybe I cared about them more than I did my husband (at a point in time) and they threw back their head and laughed.  That was so bogus.  I have given men their walking papers because they were mean or jealous of my best friend.  I let them know up front that my friend means the world to me, and isn't going anywhere.  (I have to add that she is a great person and no one really would have any reason to have a beef with her, I could see if she was part jerk or something, but that is never the case.)  Kandi must have never had a truly good friend if she doesn't understand that a bond between a good friend can be just as strong as a bond of a relationship.  Hell, these marriages bust up faster than most friendships nowadays. 

Why can't Kandi understand that even if you are going through a divorce and want the person gone, it is still hurtful when it is over.  Phaedra and Apollo have two children, and Phaedra knows she will have to deal with this man the rest of her life in some way.  Plus, I am sure she didn't go into the relationship wanting it to end or for them both to end up hating each other.  No person goes into a relationship feeling that way.  

This is what is most sad (saddest?) about it to me.   If Phaedra was genuine about that moment, Kandi no longer has enough vulnerability or benefit of doubt left in her spirit to intake it.   They weren't just friends, but best friends and even if you now believe every word to be bullshit (which I wouldn't blame her for) laughing your ass off is sort of bad form. 

On 12/19/2016 at 0:20 PM, Aging Goth said:

Phaedra said what she did about Todd because she heard all the nasty things he was saying about her regarding the video.  Hers was a reaction, Kandi was already on the hate Phaedra road show the moment Nene befriended Phaedra and the fact tha Phaedra did not take Kandi's advice about Apollo.

And don't forget; it was Phaedra who introduced Kandi to Todd.  There would be no Todd without Kandi's friend Phaedra.

Which is ironic when you consider that the things Todd said were also a reaction to her acknowledgment but refusal of payment.

On 12/19/2016 at 0:27 PM, Aging Goth said:

They don't talk about you they contact you to pay the bill in question.  They don't sit and talk smack and then send thier spouse to talk to you. AND they don't keep dogging you after you finally pay up.

She doesn't deny that they contacted her.   My spouse is exactly whom I'd talk shit to.

22 hours ago, Showthyme said:

Kandi is not a girl's girl. She is an enabler and makes excuses for bad behavior. She was on Apollo's side and even hid his ATVs.

I don't blame Phaedra for being over Apollo and even anticipating when he would be gone. Apollo was cheating on her so it wouldn't surprise me if Phaedra was looking outside of the marriage too. That marriage had been over for a long time. Phaedra is shady but she isn't going to admit to doing anything that might compromise her divorce or custody proceedings which were happening during filming.

Kandi has gotten cranky.

Todd kept Apollo's stuff.  Kandi's not that good an actress, she didn't even know it was in the garage until they were cleaning it out. 

Kenya is pure giggles at this point.   Daddy call him, tell him...    LOL.      Look, every father of every daughter I know has his James Evans nostril flare at the ready for moments just such as these.   How you finna tell another man he sounds abrasive then wait for him, then bother to get his take on things?   Where they hell were you when I was building my glass house (snicker).   Why ain't you pay for your own ticket?   Had enough from raggedy dads, but thanks anyway.  I guess.

Just because the radio is on in here - Merry Christmas, from the Temptations.

Wine tasting in the conference room.  Laters!  :D

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Aging Goth said:

My husband did.  he could soak a bed just taking a nap.

Wow!! thanks for the insight. I was beginning to think Bob had a health issue. Maybe the cameras make him hot, but what stood out for me is that no one else in the room with him was sweating . 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Well there was a full 30 seconds of silence-it was Phaedra's meeting:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-9/episode-7/videos/watch-kandi-and-phaedra-sit-in-silence-for  I thought the purpose was for Phaedra to find out the why of Mama Joyce's behavior. 

I think that is what has been at the heart of the friendship-that Phaedra has a tendency to stretch credulity and Kandi and Todd may have gone along either willingly or at Phaedra's behest.  I buy Kandi lies, but I don't buy she lies about everything. 

I don't believe Block and the woman were legally married-I think she is referring to a common law marriage (which are not recognized in Georgia unless they were formed outside the state in a state that permits common law marriages ), whatever happened Kandi moved on and took responsibility for raising her daughter.  What I read is they met at a radio station, ran into each other, dated for a couple of months, Kandi found out he was still carrying on with the mother of his child, ended it and was already pregnant with Riley.   It is fair game for the other women to go after Kandi.  It would be better if they actually knew Kandi when it happened.

I think the biggest difference between Phaedra and Kandi is how they deal with relationships.  Phaedra has a very good relationship with her mother/Kandi's mom is awful.  I don't think Phaedra (or most people) understand why Kandi is so generous to her mom.  Kandi, for a very long time, has had a certain group of employees, who are also friends and very supportive, Phaedra and Porscha  have this idea that because someone is related to Kandi or employed by her they are beneath them and due respect.  I just don't think Kandi feels that way, as employees and long time friends she values their opinions and  support.  (They complained about Todd.) 

As much as the producers love to have these long drawn out seasons about friends falling apart, I think with Kandi they hit a brick wall.  Phaedra and Kandi became acquainted in the spring of 2010, and by the fall of 2014, they were in friends' therapy and Phaedra was very disenchanted with Kandi.  I have often thought the fact Kandi has had three spin-offs may have contributed to the demise of the friendship.   

They both had stinky attitudes, both of them, I think each of then was trying to figure out the others mindset, hence the silence. Phaedra tried to ask Kandi about what was going on with Joyce but Kandi cut her of fast, very fast.  Kandi had to keep the conversation off of Joyce's nefarious/nasty behavior because it was/is indefensible,  so she threw Phaedra under the bus instead.  Joyce's stench comes through the TV and she has now coated Kandi in it.

Phaedra's mother is a decent human being, Joyce is not.

I am sure Kandi tells the truth at times but when you are caught lying, everything you say becomes suspect and Kandi is at that point for me.

I see it more as that Kandi didn't have time for Phaedra than Phaedra getting "disenchanted" with Kandi. I am sure they would all have loved their own mini shows like Kandi has had and maybe that is why Kandi hated/hates Nene as much as she did/does....Nene had the first Atl. mini and Nene parlayed her Atl. job into something beyond/outside the Atl. HW show and Kandi has not.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

My little granddaughter drinks those yogurt things on my bed and on my couch.  Nothing wrong with that.

I was one who made a comment about them drinking it in bed. It wasn't about it possibly spilling or something. I didn't mean they need to be at the table. It looked, to me, like they had their jammies on and were IN bed for the night. I'm a stickler about dental hygiene and kids shouldn't drink drinks in bed and then just go to sleep. That's what my comment was about. I hope they got back out and brushed their teeth!

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, byrd said:

Wow!! thanks for the insight. I was beginning to think Bob had a health issue. Maybe the cameras make him hot, but what stood out for me is that no one else in the room with him was sweating . 

I wouldn't be surprised if all the extra people and the lights they use had an effect on him. Some people just naturally sweat more than others, and the external stimuli might doubly effect Bob. 

• Love 2
Just now, ghoulina said:

I wouldn't be surprised if all the extra people and the lights they use had an effect on him. Some people just naturally sweat more than others, and the external stimuli might doubly effect Bob. 

Okay thank you  , now I understand, I know that some people just naturally sweat, but it was extreme with Bob, every scene with him was that way. It was an awful lot of moisture dripping from him, I was just concerned, not trying to throw shade his way because you never know what people are going through. 

Bob could be taking weight-loss stimulants, or blood pressure medication. Both of which can make people sweat more. Or he could just be the nervous type. :)

With all the back-and-forth speculation about Kandi and Phaedra, I keep reminding myself it's a TV show, scripted to the point it's sometimes laughable. They may be OK and go out for drinks after a taping just to laugh at what they had to do to convince viewers.

• Love 2

They both had stinky attitudes, both of them, I think each of then was trying to figure out the others mindset, hence the silence. Phaedra tried to ask Kandi about what was going on with Joyce but Kandi cut her of fast, very fast.  Kandi had to keep the conversation off of Joyce's nefarious/nasty behavior because it was/is indefensible,  so she threw Phaedra under the bus instead.  Joyce's stench comes through the TV and she has now coated Kandi in it.

Phaedra's mother is a decent human being, Joyce is not.

I am sure Kandi tells the truth at times but when you are caught lying, everything you say becomes suspect and Kandi is at that point for me.

I see it more as that Kandi didn't have time for Phaedra than Phaedra getting "disenchanted" with Kandi. I am sure they would all have loved their own mini shows like Kandi has had and maybe that is why Kandi hated/hates Nene as much as she did/does....Nene had the first Atl. mini and Nene parlayed her Atl. job into something beyond/outside the Atl. HW show and Kandi has not.

It is RH 101, one does not apologize for a relative's behavior or hold the host accountable for a guest's behavior.  LVP doesn't apologize for Ken's often cutting remarks, Dorinda doesn't apologize to Luann for Bethenny wiping the floor with her.  So it wasn't about keeping Joyce out of the conversation, it was to some degree the idiocy of blaming Joyce's comments as a blight on the struggles of African American men, or is mentally ill men, or the crux of the situation, someone who was angry with Phaedra.  BTW I don't think Joyce needed to gloat about Pheadra having an unhappy client.  Kandi ran interference until she couldn't, Mama Joyce was going to speak her mind but she didn't get the opportunity to corner Phaedra on the divorce stuff.

Pastor Regina vs. Mama Joyce, no contest.  What does that even mean?  Phaedra's mama is a better person so Phaedra must be?

I too see it as Kandi living her life large.  She had a play, a wedding, the show and a production company.  I use the term "disenchanted" meaning essentially Phaedra part in the life and business of Kandi Inc., was not going to get any bigger. Phaedra, is faced with her husband going to prison and the merry band of idiots, loosely referred to as the husbands of her co-stars are giving Apollo a regal send off.    I am only aware of Nene's wedding which trailed Kandi's first spin off.  I think Kandi dislikes Nene separate from anything between she and Phaedra.  Don't know what to say about Nene's parlay, just know Kandi has had a production company and of course her sex toys company for awhile  and they are both profitable.  Nene owes a million dollars in back taxes.  Where Kandi parts company with the rest of the cast is her businesses are not necessarily service/appearance oriented, she can produce, manufacture, sell talent, collect royalties and product.   Kandi as a paid talent is most likely not worth her while to do an appearance and sign autographs. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Kenya is pure giggles at this point.   Daddy call him, tell him...    LOL.      Look, every father of every daughter I know has his James Evans nostril flare at the ready for moments just such as these.   How you finna tell another man he sounds abrasive then wait for him, then bother to get his take on things?   Where they hell were you when I was building my glass house (snicker).   Why ain't you pay for your own ticket?   Had enough from raggedy dads, but thanks anyway.  I guess.

That was the funniest thing. "Kenya, you need me? Buy that ticket babe!!"

• Love 5
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

It is RH 101, one does not apologize for a relative's behavior or hold the host accountable for a guest's behavior.  LVP doesn't apologize for Ken's often cutting remarks, Dorinda doesn't apologize to Luann for Bethenny wiping the floor with her.  So it wasn't about keeping Joyce out of the conversation, it was to some degree the idiocy of blaming Joyce's comments as a blight on the struggles of African American men, or is mentally ill men, or the crux of the situation, someone who was angry with Phaedra.  BTW I don't think Joyce needed to gloat about Pheadra having an unhappy client.  Kandi ran interference until she couldn't, Mama Joyce was going to speak her mind but she didn't get the opportunity to corner Phaedra on the divorce stuff.

Pastor Regina vs. Mama Joyce, no contest.  What does that even mean?  Phaedra's mama is a better person so Phaedra must be?

I too see it as Kandi living her life large.  She had a play, a wedding, the show and a production company.  I use the term "disenchanted" meaning essentially Phaedra part in the life and business of Kandi Inc., was not going to get any bigger. Phaedra, is faced with her husband going to prison and the merry band of idiots, loosely referred to as the husbands of her co-stars are giving Apollo a regal send off.    I am only aware of Nene's wedding which trailed Kandi's first spin off.  I think Kandi dislikes Nene separate from anything between she and Phaedra.  Don't know what to say about Nene's parlay, just know Kandi has had a production company and of course her sex toys company for awhile  and they are both profitable.  Nene owes a million dollars in back taxes.  Where Kandi parts company with the rest of the cast is her businesses are not necessarily service/appearance oriented, she can produce, manufacture, sell talent, collect royalties and product.   Kandi as a paid talent is most likely not worth her while to do an appearance and sign autographs. 

Bravo needs to cut back on the OLG camera time, way back!

My comment was about the mothers themselves, not their respective daughters.

Phaedra needed her friend, Kandi made the choice to not be there for her so she has no right to bitch that Nene stepped in or that Phaedra welcomed her support, none! And then to put confidences on blast because she welcomed Nene is all shades of wrong! Kandi is in the wrong here, not Phaedra.

I may be wrong but I thought Nene's wedding was before any of Kandi's minis, did I miss 1? Kandi is starting to be like Bethenny, slap her name on it and hopes it sells. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I was one who made a comment about them drinking it in bed. It wasn't about it possibly spilling or something. I didn't mean they need to be at the table. It looked, to me, like they had their jammies on and were IN bed for the night. I'm a stickler about dental hygiene and kids shouldn't drink drinks in bed and then just go to sleep. That's what my comment was about. I hope they got back out and brushed their teeth!

That scene set my clean bodies and bedlinen OCDs ajingling and ajangling too! I feel ya.

(by 'bodies', i'm naturally including teeth)

• Love 2

Bravo needs to cut back on the OLG camera time, way back!

Phaedra needed her friend, Kandi made the choice to not be there for her so she has no right to bitch that Nene stepped in or that Phaedra welcomed her support, none! And then to put confidences on blast because she welcomed Nene is all shades of wrong! Kandi is in the wrong here, not Phaedra.

I may be wrong but I thought Nene's wedding was before any of Kandi's minis, did I miss 1? Kandi is starting to be like Bethenny, slap her name on it and hopes it sells. LOL

Although the edit showed Kandi mentioning NeNe, I think the real deal of putting the info out there came from Phaedra going in on Todd. As NeNe said long ago, don't talk about Kandi's kids or her man. Phaedra knew that, but she still went there. Kandi was the only one who stood by Phaedra's man/relationship, even from the beginning with not shading or even questioning her due date bullshit and being couples friends with them. She was actually still supporting the family unit (from her life perspective)  with encouraging/promoting the jail visits and relationship building with the boys. Phaedra cast aspersions on her family (dragging Todd), even after Kandi stood in the face of all reasonable sense of protecting P's. At that point the friendship shield was over. We don't see Kandi out here throwing out info about T.I./Tiny supposedly living apart, Toya and Memphis' hateful ass or her relationship with Lil Wayne, or Kirk/Rasheeda and his new outside baby, and I'm sure they've had plenty of girltime talks about that. She's just done with a bitch who dogged her family. I don't blame her.

I would never compare Kandi to Bethenny. Kandi was a successful businesswoman long before her involvement with RH, unlike B. She has always taken risks to make money and build her empire, and she stays within her niche...urban marketability. I think chitlin circuit plays, thick girl clothing boutiques, and soul food restaurants fit her market. It's not like she's putting her name on a random brand of vodka, selling flat belly tea, or toaster ovens (Sonja). She knows her audience.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

Although the edit showed Kandi mentioning NeNe, I think the real deal of putting the info out there came from Phaedra going in on Todd. As NeNe said long ago, don't talk about Kandi's kids or her man. Phaedra knew that, but she still went there. Kandi was the only one who stood by Phaedra's man/relationship, even from the beginning with not shading or even questioning her due date bullshit and being couples friends with them. She was actually still supporting the family unit (from her life perspective)  with encouraging/promoting the jail visits and relationship building with the boys. Phaedra cast aspersions on her family (dragging Todd), even after Kandi stood in the face of all reasonable sense of protecting P's. At that point the friendship shield was over. We don't see Kandi out here throwing out info about T.I./Tiny supposedly living apart, Toya and Memphis' hateful ass or her relationship with Lil Wayne, or Kirk/Rasheeda and his new outside baby, and I'm sure they've had plenty of girltime talks about that. She's just done with a bitch who dogged her family. I don't blame her.

I would never compare Kandi to Bethenny. Kandi was a successful businesswoman long before her involvement with RH, unlike B. She has always taken risks to make money and build her empire, and she stays within her niche...urban marketability. I think chitlin circuit plays, thick girl clothing boutiques, and soul food restaurants fit her market. It's not like she's putting her name on a random brand of vodka, selling flat belly tea, or toaster ovens (Sonja). She knows her audience.

She, Kandi, actually brought up Phaedra talking to Nene, which happened before Phaedra smack talked Todd. So, Yes, I do think it bothered her.

Yes, Kandi was successful in the music industry before she was on the show but she has slapped her name on a variety of things since joining the cast much in the same manner Bethenny does. How well she does with these new ventures will depend on whether or not viewers buy/keep buying her products and that has yet to be determined.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Where they hell were you when I was building my glass house (snicker).

Who the hell has a glass garage door?  I've seen unbreakable glass doors on garages to show off their cars but not one that you can kick in.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Todd kept Apollo's stuff.  Kandi's not that good an actress, she didn't even know it was in the garage until they were cleaning it out. 

Even if we believe that, Kandi still made snide remarks about the situation after it was discovered. If I recall, she said that what they had wasn't the only thing the Feds were looking for (so I guess Phaedra was supposed to be fine with what they did?) and accused Phaedra of tipping them off about Todd having Apollo's stuff.

5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

It is RH 101, one does not apologize for a relative's behavior or hold the host accountable for a guest's behavior.  LVP doesn't apologize for Ken's often cutting remarks, Dorinda doesn't apologize to Luann for Bethenny wiping the floor with her.

I think the difference is that Joyce is Kandi's mother. Phaedra can't confront her directly without crossing some major boundaries, despite the fact that Joyce has already said some out of bounds things herself. It's the same reason why Todd said something to Kandi when her mother was dogging him and his parents out on international television, and then let his mom say something. It's part of what I find so off-putting about Kandi. She knows that her mother comes for people, but sits by and shrugs it off as if they should check her themselves. I'm not saying she should make putting her mother in check a storyline, but at least do it off camera.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Quelquun said:

Even if we believe that, Kandi still made snide remarks about the situation after it was discovered. If I recall, she said that what they had wasn't the only thing the Feds were looking for (so I guess Phaedra was supposed to be fine with what they did?) and accused Phaedra of tipping them off about Todd having Apollo's stuff.

I think the difference is that Joyce is Kandi's mother. Phaedra can't confront her directly without crossing some major boundaries, despite the fact that Joyce has already said some out of bounds things herself. It's the same reason why Todd said something to Kandi when her mother was dogging him and his parents out on international television, and then let his mom say something. It's part of what I find so off-putting about Kandi. She knows that her mother comes for people, but sits by and shrugs it off as if they should check her themselves. I'm not saying she should make putting her mother in check a storyline, but at least do it off camera.

Or better yet, keep her off camera or only on in the background. LOL

• Love 3
19 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Without a doubt, fault lies on both sides, not just Kandi's or just Phaedra's. But that doesn't excuse betraying a former friends confidences, it doesn't.

Yes, Phaedra was bad mouthing Todd and she should have paid him his money long ago but at the same time, he was also bad mouthing her and parroting Apollo's nastiness about Phaedra while hiding Apollo's assets from her and the FBI, so I get her being upset at him.

I actually think Apollo kicked the dominoes over with help from his pals Todd and Peter all to get back at his wife. Oh, and I think Todd/Peter were more than happy to knowingly help him, Apollo, do it. I don't think Kandi was a willing participant at first but then went along with Todd because she really had no other choice due to what her mother has said/done to him, she needed to back him up on something and this is it and she has no problems sacrificing Phaedra to do it. After all, Phaedra isn't family and for now, Todd is.

At not point did I say that either action was excusable. My point all along is that neither side behaved well toward each other. Both sides had faults so I'm not going to sit and focus on the fault of one party without addressing the fault of the other. Neither comes out looking good in this matter so I don't care to defend either. They both did each other dirty and I don't feel sorry for either of them.

Kandi didn't start calling out Phaedra until after word got back to her about what Phaedra was saying about her and Todd. Kandi is always the person in the room that will hear bad talk and do little to shut it down. She handles confrontation so poorly that she has convinced herself that as long as she's not participating in the topic, that's the best she can do since she can't control other people. Kandi does this with EVERYONE and the only person that she ever defends, even when they are almost always wrong is that mother of hers. It's damn annoying for a grown ass woman to behave like that but she's consistent in that behaviour and it goes well beyond just her encounters with Phaedra.

• Love 5

Took this from allabouttrh. 

0.gif?resize=398,223

This is a wide open question (from me) about anyone on RHOA. 

And for those that don't watch closely (me), does anyone remember what this was about and when?

Edited by Ellee
27 minutes ago, Ellee said:

0.gif?resize=398,223

And for those that don't watch closely (me), does anyone remember what this was about and when?

It's from the same night as gone with the wind fabulous, so she was probably talking to Porsha. 

9 hours ago, Quelquun said:

I didn't have any trouble believing it.   Whatever else Kandi is, she's transparent.   When Todd told her whose stuff that was she reacted by looking at him as though he were crazy and asked why he had it in their garage.   She wasn't talking mess then, she and Phaedra had just had a peace talk at the Kandi Factory and she likely had a feeling what Todd did was about to fuck it up.   I was responding to the implication that she knowingly aided/abetted/allowed an accused felon help hide his assets from the government.     At the reunion following this season, Andy asked Todd if he thought Phaedra called the feds.   Todd said yes.  Andy repeated his question - you really think she brought the feds to your house?  Todd said it makes sense.   Flashback to a discussion in Phaedra's kitchen between Porsha and Phaedra wherein Porsha says:  I hope Kandi don't think you called them (the FBI).  Phaedra treats that as the rhetorical it is and declines to respond.   Kenya voiced her suspicions that Phaedra called the feds.    Peter did as well.   Kandi never said a word.  

I had to re look at their discussion last night because something kept needling me.   It was this part:     

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-9/episode-7/videos/kandi-burruss-gets-real-with-phaedra-parks

Phaedra almost got me.  Like she's good and sincere sounding, voice quiver, genuinely hurt look on her face, I got all lat.  But the 0:06 - 0:11 mark is the whole reason Kandi can't fucks with her at all.   That's what she was trying to tell her.  You're one way in front of somebody you call a best friend and the opposite way the minute I turn my back.   That Nene thing ain't about jealousy.  Shit, I'll be damned right now if Nene has one thing to be jealous of.  Nor was it about Kandi's name in Phaedra's mouth, per se.  Phaedra confided in a woman who neither could trust, ergo she then became untrustworthy.  Did Kandi fall off her friendship game?  Absolutely.   And when Phaedra called her on it, she admitted it, explained why it happened and promised to do better if they peaced it up.   But then Phaedra went on to do the thing that doesn't make sense in a reconciliation - she kept talking that bullshit in the THs.  By the by, that's another thing, say what's in your spirit to say to me, TO. ME.   Before this episode aired I said you don't exhume friendship dirt, so I can't ride with Kandi on that but she's no enigma, I understand how she got to their current status.

20 minutes ago, Ellee said:

0.gif?resize=398,223

Yeah this was still early on.   They were messing up some gorgeous locale talking about Porsha's (fundraising?) event, which I think was the first time Porsha and Kenya were interacting on screen.   They're talking about it here on vacation and Porsha gigglingly but mistakenly recalls introducing Kenya as a distinguished guest at the event as a former Miss America (she's a former Miss USA), stressing the significance of the difference of which made Porsha ridicule Kenya a la:  girl that was a hundred years ago, who even cares?   Kenya cared a lot.   As an aside there is actually a difference in potential accomplishment.  Miss America stops at that title.  Miss USA can go on to represent America in the Miss Universe pageant.    Kenya takes umbrage and says something like it could've been a hundred years ago but it's my accomplishment and anyway I'm still relevant, educated and I have this, that the other and a third.   Bish please, I am gone-with-the-wind-fabulous.     She should've jumped on the tshirt bandwagon.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

0.gif?resize=398,223

Isn't that her "gone with the wind fabulous" dress? If so, she was fighting with Porsha.

If I hear that so-and-so called the feds on any of these RH shows I am going to lose it.  The feds are using reality tv shows to do their investigations.  They have admitted it years ago.  People are stupid and the feds just sit back and watch and then go after them.

Am I the only one who thinks this Todd project with the old ladies is going to go bust?  The travelling road show was a huge loss for Kandi.  I am beginning to think that Todd is right up there with Peter and Apollo in the using the wife's asset thing.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Am I the only one who thinks this Todd project with the old ladies is going to go bust?

From your lips to God's ears!  I don't usually hope for others to fail but I will be tickled pink if that OLG shit  flops.  Forget a kitchen--get those mean hags a cauldron.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, absolutqt said:

From your lips to God's ears!  I don't usually hope for others to fail but I will be tickled pink if that OLG shit  flops.  Forget a kitchen--get those mean hags a cauldron.

Roflmao - cauldron!  Don't forget the canned chicken for, you know, a hair of the dog and the flesh of a chicken.

• Love 2

Lol! ! Kenya's dad never said "buy me ticket', he said get me on a plane. I believe Kenya probably makes all of his travel arrangements

2 hours ago, absolutqt said:

I don't want to see them fail, but I just know that doing business with Kandi's mother and her aunts is not a good idea. They already seem angry that the business had not progressed at that point and they are ready to be paid ! I am sure the restaurant is now open  (I guess ) , but they expect frequent checks and I would assume that Kandi is probably having to pay their greedy asses something to appease them before the place can even see a profit.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Or better yet, keep her off camera or only on in the background. LOL

Thank you , I keep saying Joyce gets way to much camera time.  I am not understanding way Bravo keeps filming Joyce and her crap. She is not a housewife and she does  not have a Peach. Now,  Joyce thinks she's a star. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, byrd said:

Oh okay then, this has been a full year ?

Thereabouts, yes. If you can't open in a year, you're already looking at closing within 6 months. Unless they have some crazy idea about waiting until the final reunion show. But knowing how greedy the OLG is, it's probably what I said earlier about people who have no restaurant experience have no business trying to open one.

• Love 7

I'm not Porcha's biggest fan, but credit where credit is due.....

So, being that it's holiday vacation weeks, I'm not working and have time to re-watch this nonsense (it's wine season, y'all!).

OK, so, gotta admit -- on re-watch, I cracked UP when Porscha was all, "We selling penis for the kids? Oh, OK."

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!! Loved it.

(I am all for Kandi's line of pleasure tools -- I just thought Porcha's delivery was too funny)

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Thereabouts, yes. If you can't open in a year, you're already looking at closing within 6 months. Unless they have some crazy idea about waiting until the final reunion show. But knowing how greedy the OLG is, it's probably what I said earlier about people who have no restaurant experience have no business trying to open one.

Or Kandi is trying to parlay the opening into another mini spinoff, like her wedding and that family trip to Colorado.

16 minutes ago, Lady Grump said:

I'm not Porcha's biggest fan, but credit where credit is due.....

So, being that it's holiday vacation weeks, I'm not working and have time to re-watch this nonsense (it's wine season, y'all!).

OK, so, gotta admit -- on re-watch, I cracked UP when Porscha was all, "We selling penis for the kids? Oh, OK."

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!! Loved it.

(I am all for Kandi's line of pleasure tools -- I just thought Porcha's delivery was too funny)

That's the thing with Porsha though, she picks up on these things and has some spot on insights/jokes. She needs to do more of these. LOL

• Love 7

Or Kandi is trying to parlay the opening into another mini spinoff, like her wedding and that family trip to Colorado.

That's the thing with Porsha though, she picks up on these things and has some spot on insights/jokes. She needs to do more of these. LOL

I can see a spinoff being her angle..."will they be able to open on time for the (new/year later) opening night? Other than Vanderpump Rules, she's the only HW with ongoing spinoffs. Cant knock the hustle.

On another note, part of me wonders when NeNe will come crawling back on her high horse. Those tax bills wont pay themselves, and I doubt the "comedy" tour is paying quite as much as Ryan Murphy and 6 week appearances on Broadway.

• Love 3