Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Model Behavior

• Start Topic

Phaedra calls Kandi to clear the air, but the conversation turns after Kandi reveals long-held secrets; Kairo explores a career in modeling; Porsha introduces Todd to her family; Cynthia waits to hear whether her offer on her dream home was accepted.

Wow. I knew Kandi was a little catty whenever Phaedr's name was mentioned, but damn. I didn't know she hated the girl. Those were some low blows. Friends don't put business told in confidence out there, even when the friendship resolves. 

Matt and Kenya just look ridiculous together now. He's just a kid. And she's got "been alone in my own snug world too long" issues. Ain't nobody got time for dat. Run Mat!

• Love 21
1 minute ago, announcergirl said:

Wow. I knew Kandi was a little catty whenever Phaedr's name was mentioned, but damn. I didn't know she hated the girl. Those were some low blows. Friends don't put business told in confidence out there, even when the friendship resolves. 

Kandi did everything she blasted Nene for and pull a mad day telling Phaedra's business. Also the venom and hatefulness she had when she said Nene's name with her teeth clenched tells me that she still holding a grudge over a argument that happened in season 2. 

• Love 18

I've never been a fan of Kandi.  Well, full disclosure-I'm not a big fan of any of them, but, Kandi just seems to be a humongous bitch to me.  And, with this group, that's saying a lot. 

I guess Kenya's father goes to a lot of weddings or reads inspirational posters with the "love is kind.  Love is patient" speech.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 17

Question from Kenya's Dad: 'What makes a dude go from being nice to being mean' 

Answer: KENYA (not just this relationship, everyone we've seen on this show. There's a common denominator here)

At this point, apart from being filth for using a domestic abuse storyline for her own gain, Kenya is looking like a fool. The cigar room meeting with her father was set up by Kenya. At this stage in their 'relationship' I'm not believing Matt agreed to that. Kenya bringing her Dad in all the way from wherever is on her, just like her flying Matt in from California and then refusing to see him etc. And what 47+ year old woman calls her Dad in to referee a messy argument between her and a scrub? This foolishness needs to be stopped by Bravo.

Edited by queenjen
  • Love 24
19 minutes ago, tiredofwork said:

I  think Phaedra is amongst the worse persons on this show up there with Mama Joyce and Nene.  I find no fault with anything said by Kandi in that meeting.

She is shady but when has she ever attacked anyone except verbally?  Or attacked anyone's character?

So why harangue Phaedra about going to visit Apollo in jail if you knew she had boyfriends and was seeing other dudes?  Was Phaedra seeing other dudes or having lunch with clients like Ridickulous? 

I maintain that Mr. Chocolate was invented by Peter and Apollo. Divorce and incarceration were imminent and Apollo needed something to use against Phaedra.

Why didn't Sheree do exercise videos? Or a line of exercise gear?

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Kandi came across as incredibly vindictive and petty tonight. It wasn't a good look for her at all. Neither was letting her team shit-talk Phaedra.

Kandi is a stealth bitch!!!  Like mother like daughter.  She really irked me when she said Drama must have been a boyfriend Phaedra was trying to avoid and that's why she got a bodyguard.  Message to Kandi:  I wouldn't bring up any cheating with a boyfriend crap when you were Riley's daddy's side piece.  Don't get it twisted!  And you know damned well you knew he was married before you decided to stop using contraceptives and let yourself get pregnant.  Heffa!  I'm really not liking her at all now.  I seriously hope your damned restaurant drains you dry and flops like your marriage will eventually do.

So Lauren had some serious stink face when she was questioning Porsha's new man.  Reminded me of Matt's sister when she was questioning Kenya.  These sisters really are ride or die for their siblings aren't they?  I'm not mad at 'em!

And Kairo!  Nuff said!  LOL!

Edited by swankie
Name correction.
  • Love 19
28 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Question from Kenya's Dad: 'What makes a dude go from being nice to being mean' 

Answer: KENYA (not just this relationship, everyone we've seen on this show. There's a common denominator here)

Kenya wasn't in the car with him when he decided to yell homophobic slurs at cops and evade arrest. Matt is a grown ass man, sorry 28 might be younger than Kenya but not a kid, and he needs to be held responsible for his own actions.

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Indeed. One thing I think we all can say about Sheree is that she is fit, she looks fit and she seems to walk the fitness walk. Fitness is part of Sheree's lifestyle and daily routine. I think right throughout all her seasons. So given she is SO thirsty right now, why oh why not? So much more believable than the donkey versus stallion booty crap that Phaedra and Kenya were peddling. 

Sweaty sweaty sweaty Bob. Ok, this has gone from unfortunate of pathological. Opiates can do that to a person, I know that. Bob had just walked in and within a very short amount of time, his pinhead is sweating all over the shoot. No one else was sweating, so this is some kind of health issue. He looks like a victim of Zika virus to me, microcephaly. 

I think Kandi has had it with Phaedra and possibly the rest of the cast due to the ongoing fakery of this entire season. Kandi and Cynthia are the only 2 who are believable. Phaedra COULDN'T snap back at Kandi at that sit down, because everything she's doing is completely shady and for the cameras. The divorce hasn't happened, that guy Drama was the babydaddy for Angela Stanton who was involved in the car theft ring and identity theft that Apollo and Angela did time for. Apparently the law office we see on the tv, is just hired for the show and no real work is ever done there. Multiple bloggers out of ATL have the receipts on all this. Sheree and Bob are fake and never getting back together and Chateau Sheree is very likely never going to be lived in by Sheree. Also so typically deluded of Sheree to think Kairo is going straight to NY fashion week with NO EXPERIENCE. Go to college, son. And good on Cynthia for having learned something and making it clear that this is the first and only meeting that is gratis. Porsha and Todd. Wow, this dude looked uncomfortable about copping to his teenage sons at the family dinner, because he can't/doesn't pay his child support in DC. But now, he's probably reevaluating, because if all he needs to do is impregnate Porsha, he's set for the next couple of years. He can live in her fancy new house and she can give him an allowance. 

Kenya and Matt. So done with this. Other hos in other franchises have been sacked for faking storylines. This is Kenya's 3rd or 4th fake relationship and I don't know how many times she has pretended to be pregnant. Get rid of her, this show is feeding into her disorder. That sulky, blocky puss on her is deeply unbecoming. Matt has another girlfriend now that Kenya's attacking on social media, I really hope he takes her father's advice and keeps on walking regardless of whatever she's paying him to participate in the show for her storyline. She's the worst.

• Love 16

She is shady but when has she ever attacked anyone except verbally?  Or attacked anyone's character?

Well, she did come for Todd's character when she accused him of being a kept man. The nerve of him expecting Phaedra to pay the remaining balance for his services.

Kandi gets on my nerves with her spinelessness, but I was with her on getting at Phaedra. Phaedra's been fake and ridiculous since day one. For me, she never recovered from that lying about her due date nonsense.

That whole meeting was a waste of time. If Kandi doesn't check her mother when she goes in on Todd, did Phaedra really think Kandi was going to apologize on behalf of Joyce for her rudeness towards Phaedra?

Kairo is fine AF. I just hope he didn't inherit Bob's brain.

This is getting embarrassing with Kenya and Matt. I'm embarrassed for her. That setup with her father was some wannabe mediation. Matt is an immature jackass, but so is Kenya. But it's a fine line between victim blaming and calling out bullshit.

• Love 23
16 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

So why harangue Phaedra about going to visit Apollo in jail if you knew she had boyfriends and was seeing other dudes?  Was Phaedra seeing other dudes or having lunch with clients like Ridickulous? 

I maintain that Mr. Chocolate was invented by Peter and Apollo. Divorce and incarceration were imminent and Apollo needed something to use against Phaedra.

Kandi knew nothing about "Chocolate" last season when that news was spread by Peter and Kenya. I am sure Todd filled Kandi in on Apollos line of BS, hence her saying she knows "who" Chocolate is. Again, Kandi is as low, if not lower than Joyce.

• Love 11

Kandi expects blind loyalty from anyone in her orbit and that's not how it works; relationships are 2 way streets. It also shows a certain bit of egoism that she requires that from Todd and her friends but when they are disrespected or embarrassed she doesn't return it.  

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Kenya wasn't in the car with him when he decided to yell homophobic slurs at cops and evade arrest. Matt is a grown ass man, sorry 28 might be younger than Kenya but not a kid, and he needs to be held responsible for his own actions.

My problem with Kenya is her creating a domestic violence storyline for this show that she is exploiting and benefiting from. Matt is a stooge. He gives me the creeps, but she is using him and she knows how to push his buttons. Button pushing is Kenya's go to behavior with everyone. Matt said to her father something like 'how can you work on someone's issues when they don't believe they have any'. That was some truth. Kenya thinks Kenya is fine. Typical of NPD and related personality disorders. I have sympathy for Kenya only as far as her horrible family history, but I have NO sympathy for this storyline she has manufactured. 

she's old enough to be his mother and should know better, having been around the block. She provokes people she knows will react and screams victim. It's been her MO right from the beginning. This is stepping over the line. There's talk that she organised for Matt to kick in one of those windows also, to up the 'drama' on the show. I find that believable because of Kenya's long association with this kind of fakery.

• Love 15

Preach, Wirewrap. You are so right. I think of Kandi as a child star with an overbearing mother and with great (Joyce driven) guilt about the 'sacrifices' MJ went through for Kandi's success. Which ensures MJ continues to get paid, because that IS all she is about.  I think that may be the dynamic there. It's nasty, but I don't think it's fake. MJ is just horrible with Ace. And Kandi mentioning the credit card fraud and the gambling a couple of seasons ago gives us some idea of what is going on there, but Kandi continues to choose to enable it. I totally agree with you about MJ's culpability in Sharon's death. I don't know how Todd can bear to be in a room with her.

And Kenya is the worst. Kenya is now possibly the worst of all hos across all franchises IMO.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Well, she did come for Todd's character when she accused him of being a kept man. The nerve of him expecting Phaedra to pay the remaining balance for his services.

Kandi gets on my nerves with her spinelessness, but I was with her on getting at Phaedra. Phaedra's been fake and ridiculous since day one. For me, she never recovered from that lying about her due date nonsense.

That whole meeting was a waste of time. If Kandi doesn't check her mother when she goes in on Todd, did Phaedra really think Kandi was going to apologize on behalf of Joyce for her rudeness towards Phaedra?

Kairo is fine AF. I just hope he didn't inherit Bob's brain.

This is getting embarrassing with Kenya and Matt. I'm embarrassed for her. That setup with her father was some wannabe mediation. Matt is an immature jackass, but so is Kenya. But it's a fine line between victim blaming and calling out bullshit.

As the editors showed, Kandi did her share of shading Phaedra as well, it went both ways but at least, the issue between Phaedra/Todd was a business deal and not some personal vendetta like we are now seeing Kandi do. Oh, and Joyce has said much worse about Todd and his mother.

Yes, Phaedra has been fake and OTT since day one but Kandi hasn't been open/real/honest all the time either, none of them have been with Kenya leading the fake parade. LOL

12 minutes ago, queenjen said:

My problem with Kenya is her creating a domestic violence storyline for this show that she is exploiting and benefiting from. Matt is a stooge. He gives me the creeps, but she is using him and she knows how to push his buttons. Button pushing is Kenya's go to behavior with everyone. Matt said to her father something like 'how can you work on someone's issues when they don't believe they have any'. That was some truth. Kenya thinks Kenya is fine. Typical of NPD and related personality disorders. I have sympathy for Kenya only as far as her horrible family history, but I have NO sympathy for this storyline she has manufactured. 

she's old enough to be his mother and should know better, having been around the block. She provokes people she knows will react and screams victim. It's been her MO right from the beginning. This is stepping over the line. There's talk that she organised for Matt to kick in one of those windows also, to up the 'drama' on the show. I find that believable because of Kenya's long association with this kind of fakery.

And that was when Kenya said she was done and leaving! Matt hit the nail on the head and she knew her father would call her out on her behavior.

• Love 8

Another thing about these women, actually all the Housewives except maybe Sheree,  is why are they always so dressed up?  Even when Porscha was babysitting she was dressed up.  Hell, the other day it was so cold and miserable, I put sweatpants and a sweater on over my pajamas.  I thought I was only going to walk the dog and stay home, but, I ended up going to the grocery store dressed like that.

• Love 8

I cracked up when Bob pointed to Kairo with his shirt off and said to Sheree, "Remember when you met me...." and too quickly Sheree said, "Yes, you didn't look nothing like that!"  Lol!

And Dylan is always fighting Ayden.  Dylan is the little hellion and Ayden is the negotiator.  I cracked up when Porsha said she had Apollo and Phaedra in the house.  LOL!  It always amazes me how two children being raised in the same household can be so different.  And I cracked up again when Porsha said she trusted Ayden, and he said, "But I don't trust you!"  LOL!  Those boys are both really cute.

• Love 23

Guess I'm in the minority because I believed every single word Kandi said about Phaedra and I understood why she was pissed. Phaedra going to former nemesis Nene to bitch about Kandi rather than, say, talking about her issues with Kandi herself was very low. But then I've long had the sense that Phaedra is simply not a good person. So, I enjoy her being read for filth.

Save a seat for me at that table!

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

As the editors showed, Kandi did her share of shading Phaedra as well, it went both ways but at least, the issue between Phaedra/Todd was a business deal and not some personal vendetta like we are now seeing Kandi do. Oh, and Joyce has said much worse about Todd and his mother.

Yes, Phaedra has been fake and OTT since day one but Kandi hasn't been open/real/honest all the time either, none of them have been with Kenya leading the fake parade. LOL

Oh, no doubt they all shade each other, but I don't think Kandi has a vendetta. I truly believe that Kandi is unbothered. It's Joyce that has a hard-on for Phaedra.

Out of everyone, I do think that Kandi and Cynthia come to the closest in terms of being 'real.' By reality tv standards, at least.

Unrelated, but I live for Cynthia discussing the modeling industry. Bravo needs to have another Before They Were Housewives special and feature Cynthia.

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Preach, Wirewrap. You are so right. I think of Kandi as a child star with an overbearing mother and with great (Joyce driven) guilt about the 'sacrifices' MJ went through for Kandi's success. Which ensures MJ continues to get paid, because that IS all she is about.  I think that may be the dynamic there. It's nasty, but I don't think it's fake. MJ is just horrible with Ace. And Kandi mentioning the credit card fraud and the gambling a couple of seasons ago gives us some idea of what is going on there, but Kandi continues to choose to enable it. I totally agree with you about MJ's culpability in Sharon's death. I don't know how Todd can bear to be in a room with her.

And Kenya is the worst. Kenya is now possibly the worst of all hos across all franchises IMO.

I want to know what "sacrifices" Joyce made for Kandi? Kandi has made her own money since she was 15, which is probably when she started to pay Joyce's way as well and we know from Kandi that Joyce didn't watch/take care of Riley for Kandi either. So, I ask again, what sacrifices has Joyce made for Kandi?

I also want to know how Todd can get past what that woman did to his mother or how his wife did nothing to stop it.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Another thing about these women, actually all the Housewives except maybe Sheree,  is why are they always so dressed up?  Even when Porscha was babysitting she was dressed up.  Hell, the other day it was so cold and miserable, I put sweatpants and a sweater on over my pajamas.  I thought I was only going to walk the dog and stay home, but, I ended up going to the grocery store dressed like that.

It's because they know the cameras are going to be rolling.  I'm not going to lie, I would probably be the same way.  Whenever women of any kind of celebrity have gone out in public with no makeup and dressed down the public has been merciless in talking about how "bad they look" and "why would they come out in public looking like that?"  and next thing you know they're plastered on the front of a magazine looking their worst.  I don't blame the housewives either.  If I knew I was going to be filmed for TV, I'm going to make sure I look my best.  I do admit that some of them overdo it and wear entirely too much makeup, but this is their job and I can't blame them for dressing the part.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Out of everyone, I do think that Kandi and Cynthia come to the closest in terms of being 'real.' By reality tv standards, at least.

I agree that Kandi is the one on here that puts her real self out there the most.  And a lot of time it is not pretty.  She's got a lot of rough edges and isn't very discreet.  

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Oh, no doubt they all shade each other, but I don't think Kandi has a vendetta.

See, to me, when you start repeating things I've told you in confidence when we were friends in front of the cameras to embarrass me, you have a vendetta!  Maybe it's just me.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Oh, no doubt they all shade each other, but I don't think Kandi has a vendetta. I truly believe that Kandi is unbothered. It's Joyce that has a hard-on for Phaedra.

Unrelated, but I live for Cynthia discussing the modeling industry. Bravo needs to have another Before They Were Housewives special and feature Cynthia.

Not just Joyce but Kandi as well. She pointed out that Phaedra actually confided in "F'n Nene" about Apollo! That really pissed Kandi off! LOL Really, is Kandi's memory that bad that she doesn't remember that she was too busy to call Phaedra? They had no problem calling her when Sharon died but as soon as Phardra's world went haywire/Apollo getting arrested, she was nowhere to be found to help her friend. Oh, I forgot, she was doing IVF and could not be bothered with Phaedra's pain.

Kandi hasn't been anymore "real", she puts her spin on her off camera life just like the others do, Cynthia included. LOL

• Love 12

Porsha did a good job taking care of the boys, although, you could tell they wore her out. :)  It is not a criticism of Porsha it's just that when you are not used to taking care of small children, they totally kick your childless ass...even the good ones.  When a childless Mr. and Mrs Movingtarget took care of our 2 and 3 year old niece and nephew, who were still in diapers, for two weeks, the first couple days were completely exhausting.  The kids were great but we were not used to the constant activity.  It took us a few days to adjust to our guest and we ended up having so much fun with them.  Porsha was really good with the boys.  

• Love 17
33 minutes ago, swankie said:

See, to me, when you start repeating things I've told you in confidence when we were friends in front of the cameras to embarrass me, you have a vendetta!  Maybe it's just me.

No, it isn't just you. I feel the same way. You do not betray a confidence just to hurt/humiliate someone.

• Love 17
36 minutes ago, swankie said:

It's because they know the cameras are going to be rolling.  I'm not going to lie, I would probably be the same way.  Whenever women of any kind of celebrity have gone out in public with no makeup and dressed down the public has been merciless in talking about how "bad they look" and "why would they come out in public looking like that?"  and next thing you know they're plastered on the front of a magazine looking their worst.  I don't blame the housewives either.  If I knew I was going to be filmed for TV, I'm going to make sure I look my best.  I do admit that some of them overdo it and wear entirely too much makeup, but this is their job and I can't blame them for dressing the part.

I remember Vicki Gunvalson addressing just this issue in the special on OC they did. She referred frequently to the hideous brown ensemble she had on at the head of the show for the entire season. She said after season 1, they ALL realised they had to have full hair and makeup for every filming session. Prior to that, you would see them in shorts and more casual gear. They never expected the show to take off the way it did. 

41 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I want to know what "sacrifices" Joyce made for Kandi? Kandi has made her own money since she was 15, which is probably when she started to pay Joyce's way as well and we know from Kandi that Joyce didn't watch/take care of Riley for Kandi either. So, I ask again, what sacrifices has Joyce made for Kandi?

I also want to know how Todd can get past what that woman did to his mother or how his wife did nothing to stop it.

oh, I'm not buying she made any 'sacrifices' either. Apart from giving birth to an extremely talented child. I suspect she's guilted Kandi from the git. And now that Kandi's living large, MJ is using all that foundational guilt as the glue that keeps her adhered to the $$$$$. I put sacrifices in inverted commas for a reason, lol. And Todd's ability to be in the same room as Joyce is also a mystery. Are Kandi'$ dollar$$$ overcoming the memory of his mother? I don't get it. I couldn't forgive it, either. It'd be a dealbreaker for me long before Ace.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, queenjen said:

I remember Vicki Gunvalson addressing just this issue in the special on OC they did. She referred frequently to the hideous brown ensemble she had on at the head of the show for the entire season. She said after season 1, they ALL realised they had to have full hair and makeup for every filming session. Prior to that, you would see them in shorts and more casual gear. They never expected the show to take off the way it did. 

oh, I'm not buying she made any 'sacrifices' either. Apart from giving birth to an extremely talented child. I suspect she's guilted Kandi from the git. And now that Kandi's living large, MJ is using all that foundational guilt as the glue that keeps her adhered to the $$$$$. I put sacrifices in inverted commas for a reason, lol. And Todd's ability to be in the same room as Joyce is also a mystery. Are Kandi'$ dollar$$$ overcoming the memory of his mother? I don't get it. I couldn't forgive it, either. It'd be a dealbreaker for me long before Ace.

I guess Todd likes Kandi's money as much as Joyce does. LOL Where is Todd's daughter this season? Is she still living with them or did she have enough and move out?

I suspect that Joyce used survivors guilt with Kandi and Kandi used it whenever Todd had had enough of Joyce's games.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

Perhaps I have to rewatch the Kandi/Phaedra meeting, but I didn't hear her betray any confidence. Is this in reference to Phaedra counting down the days until Apollo went in? If so, I could've sworn that was mentioned last season. It didn't sound like news to me.

She pointed out that Phaedra actually confided in "F'n Nene" about Apollo! That really pissed Kandi off!

Now see, I thought Kandi was talking about Phaedra confiding in NeNe about their friendship, not about Apollo. Whenever Kandi would ask Phaedra if they were good, Phae would say yes, but then tell NeNe a different story. I didn't blame Kandi for being annoyed by that.

To me, a vendetta would be if Kandi was pulling a Joyce and fishing hard for information to bust Phaedra with. Kandi seems to be living life and isn't checking for Phaedra and vice versa. They're not checking for each other. They're just co-workers.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Guess I'm in the minority because I believed every single word Kandi said about Phaedra and I understood why she was pissed. Phaedra going to former nemesis Nene to bitch about Kandi rather than, say, talking about her issues with Kandi herself was very low. But then I've long had the sense that Phaedra is simply not a good person. So, I enjoy her being read for filth.

I'm with you. And if Phaedra was so upset with what Joyce said, she should have taken it up with Joyce, not Kandi. 

Sheree expecting Kairo to be walking the runway at NYFW within months was so ridiculous. I'm glad Cynthia was trying to inject some reality into the conversation, but of course, Sheree didn't want to hear it, thinking her special snowflake can do whatever he sets his mind to. Girl, please.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, swankie said:

But what about Phaedra's part in it? Seriously, why didn't Phaedra go directly to Kandi when she had issues with her a few years ago? Going to Nene of all people and talking smack about Kandi was a definite betrayal, IMO. If I had no idea a friend was pissed at me, and they went to our sworn rival to talk shit about me rather than bringing it to me, all on national TV? I would feel betrayed. Add to it that Phaedra was allegedly making it out to Kandi that she wasn't bothered by Apollo's departure - so how was Kandi to know that Phaedra needed more from her? All of that is so shady. I think Kandi has shown some huge restraint in not saying anything earlier. I don't think Kandi has a vendetta against Phaedra - I think she is simply tired of being scapegoated and the constant lies.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 20
10 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Perhaps I have to rewatch the Kandi/Phaedra meeting, but I didn't hear her betray any confidence. Is this in reference to Phaedra counting down the days until Apollo went in? If so, I could've sworn that was mentioned last season. It didn't sound like news to me.

Now see, I thought Kandi was talking about Phaedra confiding in NeNe about their friendship, not about Apollo. Whenever Kandi would ask Phaedra if they were good, Phae would say yes, but then tell NeNe a different story. I didn't blame Kandi for being annoyed by that.

To me, a vendetta would be if Kandi was pulling a Joyce and fishing hard for information to bust Phaedra with. Kandi seems to be living life and isn't checking for Phaedra and vice versa. They're not checking for each other. They're just co-workers.

We will be seeing exactly what Kandi reveals in the next few episodes as the preview does show Kandi sharing things Phaedra confided to her.

All we saw was Phaedra saying she was surprised that Nene reached out to her and that Kandi didn't. That was it, she didn't reveal any confidences with/to Nene about Kandi. Kandi's whole complaint was that Phaedra talked to Nene about her, Phaedra's, feelings. Funny how Kandi forgot that she didn't have time for Phaedra or that she sided with Todd and his alliance with Apollo.

2 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

But what about Phaedra's part in it? Seriously, why didn't Phaedra go directly to Kandi when she had issues with her a few years ago? Going to Nene of all people and talking smack about Kandi was a definite betrayal, IMO. If I had no idea a friend was pissed at me, and they went to our sworn rival to talk shit about me rather than bringing it to me, all on national TV? I would feel betrayed. Add to it that Phaedra was allegedly making it out to Kandi that she wasn't bothered by Apollo's departure - so how was Kandi to know that Phaedra needed more from her? All of that is so shady. I think Kandi has shown some huge restraint in not saying anything earlier. I don't think Kandi has a vendetta against Phaedra - I think she is simply tired of being scapegoated and the constant lies.

Well, except when Sharon passed away, Phaedra was there for Kandi and Todd when they needed her but as soon as that was over, they no longer had time for her. Kandi followed Todd's lead and sided with Apollo, which meant Phaedra was out. And Phaedra didn't talk "smack" about Kandi to Nene other than she was surprised that Nene reached out to her and that Kandi didn't (which was the truth). Both could have done better at keeping touch with each other but DJ and Todd had made Kandi's mind up about Phaedra needing a friend.

• Love 12

Did no one give Porsha the memo that the truth behind the bomb scare was going to be shown? She suggested that the reason she was babysitting was because if all Phaedra had been through since the "bomb scare," was her acquaintance/clients album that he tried to drop off that bad that it took weeks to recover?

Edited by biakbiak
55 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

30 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

We will be seeing exactly what Kandi reveals in the next few episodes as the preview does show Kandi sharing things Phaedra confided to her.

Kandi made reference to Phaedra telling her that she might have been already seeing someone before Apollo went to jail and was planning to remarry by the new year.  Kandi didn't have to bring that up but she was just mad that Phaedra said something about Joyce's behavior the prior evening.  Anytime anyone complains about Joyce Kandi goes into a rage.  She went at Phaedra like she had kicked her dog Georgia.

Sheree expecting Kairo to be walking the runway at NYFW within months was so ridiculous. I'm glad Cynthia was trying to inject some reality into the conversation, but of course, Sheree didn't want to hear it, thinking her special snowflake can do whatever he sets his mind to. Girl, please.

This is Sheree's MO.  She's always trying to get something for nothing.  She reminds me of Toya from Married To Medicine the way she rents expensive cars and things when she hasn't a pot to piss in.  I've read that in the past Sheree was known for bilking people out of paying them for their services.  She tried that with Phaedra also when she was going after Bob for child support.  Like Cynthia, Phaedra informed her that she wasn't going to court until she had a check in her hand.  Sheree is the queen of skipping steps 1 and 2 and going directly to step 3 in order to get what she wants.  Kairo is a good looking young man, but that doesn't mean he's a good model.  He needs training for that.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

All we saw was Phaedra saying she was surprised that Nene reached out to her and that Kandi didn't. That was it, she didn't reveal any confidences with/to Nene about Kandi. Kandi's whole complaint was that Phaedra talked to Nene about her, Phaedra's, feelings. Funny how Kandi forgot that she didn't have time for Phaedra or that she sided with Todd and his alliance with Apollo.

Well, except when Sharon passed away, Phaedra was there for Kandi and Todd when they needed her but as soon as that was over, they no longer had time for her. Kandi followed Todd's lead and sided with Apollo, which meant Phaedra was out. And Phaedra didn't talk "smack" about Kandi to Nene other than she was surprised that Nene reached out to her and that Kandi didn't (which was the truth). Both could have done better at keeping touch with each other but DJ and Todd had made Kandi's mind up about Phaedra needing a friend.

But if what Kandi is saying is true, Phaedra made it seem as if she wasn't upset about Apollo's departure. In private conversations with Kandi, Phaedra was apparently counting down the days and seeing other men. So, it is a bit disingenuous (to say the least) for Phaedra to be so upset that Kandi didn't make more time for her - and certainly, if she did feel that way, she could have said something to Kandi to that effect instead of making passive-aggressive comments about it to Nene (she knew this would be aired on TV). Phaedra never discloses her full meaning, so while she may not have said anything overtly mean about Kandi to Nene, she painted a very clear picture that Kandi was not being a supportive friend to her in a time of need. And, keep in mind, she was doing this to Nene of all people, who had been a raging bitch to both several seasons.

• Love 12

Kandi is that woman who needed female friends when she didn't have a man. Now Kandi has a man and she has changed got to feeling herself and those women always drop their friends when they get that man. Downside when Todd is done with her lets see how her assistants and hangers on have her back! I have never told anyone a friends personal business even after the friendship ended!

• Love 19
1 hour ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

But if what Kandi is saying is true, Phaedra made it seem as if she wasn't upset about Apollo's departure. In private conversations with Kandi, Phaedra was apparently counting down the days and seeing other men. So, it is a bit disingenuous (to say the least) for Phaedra to be so upset that Kandi didn't make more time for her - and certainly, if she did feel that way, she could have said something to Kandi to that effect instead of making passive-aggressive comments about it to Nene (she knew this would be aired on TV). Phaedra never discloses her full meaning, so while she may not have said anything overtly mean about Kandi to Nene, she painted a very clear picture that Kandi was not being a supportive friend to her in a time of need. And, keep in mind, she was doing this to Nene of all people, who had been a raging bitch to both several seasons.

Kandi is a straight-shooter, she has never made any secret of the fact that she respects Joyce, based on the fact, she is her mother. Perhaps, Phaedra should have had her assistant ring Joyce up for a chat.  Phaedra has not always been respectful to Joyce-Mr. Ridickulous, for which she apologized, is an example. So Phaedra expecting something new from Kandi is unrealistic.  Kandi holds her staff, mother and husband near and dear and Phaedra crosses boundaries with her insults and arguments with Kandi's inner clique.  I think the friendship was over after the searching for change in the couch cushions comments directed at Todd and Phaedra disputing the bill for Todd's services.

Phaedra has had years and years of serial duplicity and opportunism, I think Kandi and her family/clique have had enough.  I know I get a little dizzy over the multiple divorce stories Phaedra put out, and this bombing thing, has led to many different stories.  This show leads the way in the RH franchise of incredibly rude insults and there was going to come a time where the behavior is just unforgivable.  I always saw Kandi being pretty loyal when Phaedra decided she wanted to go after someone.  Kenya comes to mind.  I don't think it helped matters when Apollo came clean and Phaedra continued with her attacks on Kenya and the made up stories. 

This discord has been going on for two years, and the death knell in any friendship is when they agree to be "cordial". 

I strongly dislike Phaedra's white ruffled blouse.  She needs to lose it, burn it or bury it. 

• Love 14

Did 47-year-old Kenya really bring her father to serve as a mediator with her boyfriend? Did that really happen? Kenya is the most emotionally and mentally stunted person I have ever seen on TV and it is incredibly embarrassing and sad to see.

• Love 18

Bob Whitfield for the win. Running to cover up Kairo's bare chest? Hysterical.

Well, being that House Grump carries banners for Klan Burress-Tucker (which does NOT include Mama Joyce), we're glad Phaedra's web of lies is starting to give under the pressure. Only wish that Kandi had pushed a little harder. I'm tired of Phaedra's fake ass; she is due for a comeuppance.

Edited by Lady Grump
  • Love 15

My take on this episode

I had to laugh at Porsha trying to round up the Nida boys.  It is also good that she is reconsidering having a kid alone.  She has been all over Instagram with her niece that she also babysits but that not a “terrible twos” toddler!  I am really liking the friendship of Frick and Frack.  They actually seemed to click early on when Porsha first came on the show.  This seems more genuine to me as they truly interact more with each other than Phaedra did with Kandi.

I also liked Porsha and ToddS together.  I do believe it is too soon to get so close but they do have history together and just maybe it can work out.  As for her cooking, Porsha cooks a lot and is always showing her culinary offerings on Instagram.

Matt is clearly so very done with Kenya’s mess.  What 47 year old woman calls her daddy to fix her 5 month relationship with a guy half her age?  I have to agree with the bloggers that something is not quite right about the 17 emails which either she is hard of hearing or she was secretly encouraging him to not show up.  It was noticed that she was a bit surprised when he did show.  Give a pissed off guy an ultimatum and he will bounce.  Her father did and he bounced.  Kenya wasn’t prepared for THAT either!!

Kandi showed her true colors in this episode.  The ONLY person she is loyal to is her mother.  In fact, this episode she WAS her mother.  To claim that Phaedra was a good friend in the past and allow her crew to trash the girl and for her to also jump in and trash her was all kinds of wrong.  I applaud Phaedra for at least trying to get together and try to resolve their issues.  I believe Phaedra really cared about Kandi far more than Kandi cares about anyone.

Sheree is a hustler for sure and her new project is just FIONNE!!  I did laugh when Bob was feigning shock over the photo shoot.  Sheree’s convo with Cynthia, I don’t think got through as she wants to start from the top and not embrace the progress.  She doesn’t realize it take far more than just a pretty fact to model at Fashion Week

I believe Kandi was in no way interested in reconciling their relationship.  Like others have said, she now has her man so now she thinks she’s above everyone.  I also feel that the crap she threw at Phaedra that was told to her in confidence was so very wrong and Kandi came there specifically to hurt Phaedra. It was obvious it did hurt.  I guess not being married before and never being in an abusive relationship, Kandi simply cannot wrap her mind around the gravity of the situation of Phaedra’s relationship with Apollo.  Kandi only hear her own opinion and just never considers anyone else.  Her main problem was with the friendship between Nene and Phaedra.  Kandi totally convinced herself that Phaedra was talking smack about her.  The only thing Phaedra ever said about Kandi is that she was just not there for her and that was a true fact.  Nene recognized what Phaedra was actually going through and that she was trying to be tough but a real friend should have seen through that.  Kandi only heard what she wanted to hear and saw only what she wanted to see.  She had already formed an opinion about the Nida’s marriage and just tuned Phaedra out.  Kandi’s hatred for Nene appears to transcend her friendship with Phaedra to the point jealousy.  In Kandi’s mind, Nene took her friend away.  It didn’t matter that she gave no support to Phaedra when Phaedra had been there for Kandi through some dark times.  Heck, Phaedra even threw the baby shower for Kandi even though they really were not speaking then.

Now Kandi is on facebook doing damage control

Didn’t really mention Cynthia as there is not much to mention.

• Love 19

That requires work on Sheree's part. Think back to her foray into the fashion world. She hired someone else to come up with designs, fabric choices, etc. Then that fashion show that didn't have any fashion? 

She's had several opportunities to cash in on her time on the show, but she never did anything. "Who Gonna Check Me, Boo?" T-shirts or workout wear would have been a mega-seller, I think. She could have used that as a launch for a really fun workout video series. Imagine Sheree and her many expressions in a video showing women how to workout not just their bodies, but their facial reactions!  If she had struck while the iron was hot. But she spent more time getting huge portraits done of herself.

Sheree wants someone else doing the work, with her reaping the rewards.

• Love 11