Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E04: Major Key Alert

Binta needs to take a major chill pill. Twins need to try maturing by about 15 years. Courtney needs to not be a complaining wimp.

This episode? Whatever. I like real photoshoots, by real photographers. I hate this social media crap.

That said, I did think it was really sweet when Paige got all emotional/proud on behalf of Krisliane at panel. It's nice to see someone being genuinely happy for someone else rather than all the petty screaming. And props to Krisliane too; I do not like her look, be it the original one or makeover, but her little 3-frame thing tonight was put together well.

• Love 20

You know Tyra would have had a stationary camera set up pointing at those death stairs if the models keep falling down them.

Anyway. Binta. IT'S FRAUD!!! It's a Snapchat not investigative journalism.

RitAlert talking about BRAND while not having her BRAND red lip. Fail again, Rita.

• Love 9

I was freaked out when the girl with rods holding her spine together fell down the stairs--and horrified that anyone could summarize that incident as:  "Courtney likes to play the victim so she completely deserved it."  And then, to look so pleased while topping it off with the standard observation about karma.

I suspect the producers found that last little tidbit too juicy to ignore.  But if so, I'm fine with it.  Who doesn't enjoy a karmic double-play?

Send me my AARP subscription because I don't give a crap about whether a fashion model's talents include putting together a ten-second Instagram or taking three cohesive shots with her cell phone.

Edited by candall
  • Love 8

I may finally be done with this show.

The new format sucks. The new panel sucks. The social media b.s. sucks.

I never thought I'd see the day I'd say it ... but I'll take some Tyra crazy over this dreck any day. Hell ... I'll even start using Tyra-isms if it means I'll be put out of my misery.

How embarassing for everyone involved.

Edited by murf1013
  • Love 6

They totally edited the heck out of the panel and the ladies' reactions to Courtney. Again, she's annoying but it still seems early for them to be more focused on Courtney than their own performance.

I also think Tash was penalized for her makeover meltdown the prior week. 

• Love 1

The editing on this show needs a little tune-up. Like, how did India resolve her dress situation (it looked like she switched with Binta?) Or when they kept referring to Courtney's photos and never showing them again, even when they were gesturing towards the screen, so I had to rewind it myself to remember what the photos looked like.

And none of the judges were really talking about the modeling, just how cool the photos are ("You look like the life of the party with so many friends!" "There's too many people in your photos.")

• Love 7
1 hour ago, niklj said:

("You look like the life of the party with so many friends!" "There's too many people in your photos.")

See, this is the contradiction that was making me say WTF?! to the judges.  Why was it cool for some to have group shots, but others were being poopooed?  And they see way more in Courtney than I do.  I hate her face.  Maybe it's because I can't stand people who complain constantly.  I'm glad the judges called her out on it.  To be honest, I don't see "model" in any of these contestants.  They all look very short on my TV screen.  Lol!

• Love 1

I think they group shots they liked the best were mostly men so the contestant stood out.

And the double reverse karma ending was great.  But Courtney really does have to moderate her complaints.  If they love your photos, just say thank you.  If they hate them, then maybe bring up the fall down the stairs.

• Love 8

Krislian (I'm Too Sexy!) won for toning the hootch down; Tash the Twin (I'm a Girliy Girl!) got booted for some truly ordinary photos.

I like Courtney's face.  That is a classic Hollywood movie star/supermodel of the 50's-60's-70's face.  Lovely bone structure, haunted look in the eyes.  Yes, she's a pill and complains too much.  But doesn't girlfriend have steel rods in her back and was booted out of the house as a teenager, left to wander the streets alone?  I cut her some slack.  She can cast some major spells with that face.  DJ Khaled was captivated by her rather mundane message because of that face.  The other girls want to rip her to shreds because of that face.  Compare her to, say, Ghia.  I mean... nice girl, but come on.

• Love 13

It's all meh at this point.  And based on ANTM shenanigans of the past, I can't have been the only one to have been surprised that CoryAnne didn't get the boot.  She was an early fave but she's been coasting and whining so far.  Next week better be a major turnaround for her.  It was obvious one of the twins would get eliminated sooner or later but Cory probably should have gone.  At least we won't have the judges trying to play Tash and Cody against each other.  I also found it odd that the judges made the comment about the twins needing to distinguish themselves more as separate entities since they never really seemed to say that to them before.  However, I'd probably have cut Cody as I think Tash is the stronger twin photo-wise.

As for Courtney, yes, she's a pill and a drama queen but Binta needs to calm down.

Courtney OTOH didn't deserve FCO.  It should have been Paige.  But I'm glad Drew Elliott called her out on her complaining.  Why did she even feel the need to mention that at panel?

No one mentioned India not wearing the designer dress at panel (or it got edited out)?  Seems like this would have gotten a girl a talking to in past seasons.

Next week looks interesting.

• Love 2

Paige should have had first callout. Or second if they just wanted to boost Krislian's confidence. I was not as enamored of Binta's shoot as they were and would have had her much lower. Kyle higher. I would have sent Cory home over Tash? I think I finally got the twins right lol

As for the Courtney stuff. She's insufferable but that doesn't make the others not mean girls for comments like her deserving to fall down the stairs.

So far India, Paige and Kyle are my top three. Partly because they all have interesting looks and partly because they seem to be nice, low drama types so far.

I hope we get some real photoshoots soon.

• Love 7

India switched dresses with Binta. I think India is the curvy girl this season. I loled at her wanting to switch with krislian initially because that big kaftan would probably fit her.

I liked this, but I'm a complete drama whore, I would have kept the femmy twin because she brought a lot more drama than Coryanne.

And social media is totally relevant to modeling this day and age sorry the show isn't what is was a decade ago, but it's evolving like the industry. That golden barbie model would never book anything a decade ago but with her 2 million plus instagram followers she actually books legit work. I think the show is doing these girls a service by preparing them for how the industry is this day and age.

Edited by blaase
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Supagirl said:

But doesn't girlfriend have steel rods in her back and was booted out of the house as a teenager, left to wander the streets alone?  I cut her some slack.  She can cast some major spells with that face.  DJ Khaled was captivated by her rather mundane message because of that face.  The other girls want to rip her to shreds because of that face.  Compare her to, say, Ghia.  I mean... nice girl, but come on.

I see that, but Courtney is still a blonde, white girl and people will always give her the benefit of the doubt over a black girl.  If I had a dime for the times a dark skinned black girls is called "masculine" or "dominant" or "mannish" I'd be a rich woman.  I wonder how okay Courtney would be if she'd been black and gone through the same shit she went through.

And I don't believe she fell down the stairs either; and she really needs to do something about those nasty eyebrows.

1 hour ago, blaase said:

And social media is totally relevant to modeling this day and age sorry the show isn't what is was a decade ago, but it's evolving like the industry. That golden barbie model would never book anything a decade ago but with her 2 million plus instagram followers she actually books legit work. I think the show is doing these girls a service by preparing them for how the industry is this day and age.

Thank you.  Social Media is very relevant today.  Shit, I'm a member of AARP and I get that and it's okay, that's the way it is; can't turn back the clock fifteen years.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

The steel rod made me sympathize with her on the fall down the stairs. I mean, that's an actual medical risk. Her falling down the stairs is legitimately more dangerous than Giah (I think it was her) falling twice with no back problems. HOWEVER, had that been the end of Courtney's complaining I'd say she was getting a raw deal but she really does just complain and complain and complain. To the point that I think she uses her medical condition as an excuse to complain and be coddled. I am glad white guy judge called her out on it (sorry, don't know his name, the other one has Law in his name so it's a little more memorable).

I also just watched back to back this ep and then the one before and her over the top reaction to being called first is annoying. Basically she went from one of my favorites to annoying really fast. lol And I usually will defend the one who seems to be ganged up on. I do think they are ganging up on her in that there are more of them attacking her than defending her, but I'm starting to see why they are.

The twins were identical right? The different hair actually changed their faces for me. I do wish Cody had gone instead because I think Tash has a much stronger face, better angles (even though their faces are the same). It's kind of fascinating to me how different they look to me now. I much preferred Tash's strong look to Cody's more "feminine" look.

• Love 3

Glad at least one of the twins is gone. I understand karma, but don't announce that karma is gonna get someone, you can think it quietly but that's it!

And Paige should have had FCO, her photos were spot on.

• Love 3

I don't think I'll continue watching, especially if Courtney stays in this competition.  

I just can't stand her.  One of my best friends from college (who passed away last year) was, a) nearly blind, b) had a heart condition, c) wore a back brace as a teenager and d) was an ethnic minority.  Plus, she got herself in one of the best high schools in NYC.  She, who had every right to complain 24/7/365 rarely ever complained, even to the end.  So that's why I really can't stand Courtney and her fugly eyebrows.

• Love 6

, I can't have been the only one to have been surprised that CoryAnne didn't get the boot.  She was an early fave but she's been coasting and whining so far. 

Agreed. Coryanne is resting on pretty. She said in LA all you have to do is be cute, but in NY, you have to hustle harder. I guess the LA model standards aren't as high. I don't know what her relationship with her mother is like, but I'm surprised that she couldn't work some of her contacts for her daughter. Shit, if Georgia May Jagger can get a hookup, why not Coryanne? Though maybe it's her lack of work ethic that keeps her in the middle of the pack.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, blaase said:

40 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Social Media is very relevant today.  Shit, I'm a member of AARP and I get that and it's okay, that's the way it is; can't turn back the clock fifteen years.

I totally agree it's important for the profession these days. That doesn't mean I like watching it be the focus of an episode. I had literally zero interest in modeling when I began watching this show; I was intrigued by the act of taking makeup, costuming, lighting, photography, and photo-editing and turning it into some really amazing, artistic photos. That's still my favorite part - the photoshoots and reveals. Even if you ignore whatever the challenge/video thing was, this week was still largely a bunch of girls getting ready for a night out and taking cell phone pictures. Ergo, meh. But the artistic quality did show through in some final products, like Paige's. Social media is fine, and sure, they should learn how to maximize their presence. I just prefer to not watch that stuff.

• Love 8

The thing with Courtney and Binta is that Courtney is a whiny drama queen with hypochondria and Binta is a bossy loud know it all. When Courtney fell down the stairs, everyone is worried about her back and head. She's worried about her elbow. I think the biggest issues with her are her whining, but her tone is off too and she's not the least bit gracious. She and Binta were snapping at each other, but it doesn't seem like Courtney thanked Binta for agreeing to be in her video. Courtney's message doesn't work as well without the visual contrast of Binta.

• Love 4

I think that Paige should've been called first, but Krislian's photos were great too. I kind of felt bad that the judges have been so hard on her, but if anything, this week, it seemed to me that their comments actually helped her because she didn't rely on being sexy and actually looked more editorial.

Last week, I was questioning why the rest of the girls were complaining so much about Courtney, but after this episode, I get it. She has an interesting look and is probably the front-runner at this point, but she whines way too much. She seems to like attention and having people feel sorry for her. However, I don't condone some of the girls talking about karma when she fell down the stairs. With her back, she could've been seriously hurt.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, candall said:

Send me my AARP subscription because I don't give a crap about whether a fashion model's talents include putting together a ten-second Instagram or taking three cohesive shots with her cell phone.

And I'll join you for the Early Bird special because I am equally uninterested in anything related to social media.  I hated when the Tyra shows added the social media emphasis to the competition. 

No way Coryanne should've stayed.  She is the definition of "resting on pretty.". (Why can't we quit Tyra??!)  Send her back to Bali on the first thing smoking.

• Love 4

I could see how someone could be annoyed with emphasis on social media but other than the second episode when Zendaya made a guest appearance, they haven't really mentioned it that much.

This episode was all about social media, second episode was all about runway, third episode was about their signature looks (makeovers), next episode seems to be avant garde/high fashion and episode after that is the music video episode. I think they are focusing on a part of modeling each episode and I don't expect them to focus on social media more after this.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, blaase said:

No question social media is a critical element of modeling now.  I just don't think the act of creating social media is as interesting to watch as the act of modeling, either posing or runway.  And honestly, the show places a MUCH higher premium on viewer interest than "preparing girls to be models."  That's why half the footage is catfights and pajama drama and the tiny bit of runway instruction provided is only awarded to half the girls and denied the other half.

Just my opinion, but I think they seriously missed the boat by not doing a true reboot back to the origin concept:  here's how you pose for a photo shoot, here's how you walk for a fashion show, here's the haircut that will emphasize your best features, here's how you hold an item and talk about it in a commercial, and here's how you create a presence on social media to attract the most followers.

Edited by candall
  • Love 11

I understand that social media is important but I'd prefer it as a focus only if it were a real time show. Let them post, let's see who gets likes and follows and who doesn't survive the vortex of bullshit that social media can be because people are pretty terrible to each other online. Although I enjoyed them exposing the fakeness of it, it's weird to me without a real audience reaction helping show who's actually good with it. Better judging may have made it feel like less of a wasted episode, as someone else mentioned it was a little unclear what made the photo story good or bad. 

Random- I wonder if Tyra selected judges who will make her look good/rational by contrast. I'm going to imagine it that way, I like to think of her as an evil genius. 

I didn't see how the winner this week proved she was more than an instagram model. I thought she proved she's a very good one. 

I'm still liking the season. I'm fascinated by the focus on the idea of a model selling herself first and product second, and by this tension between brand/boss and being branded. And I loved another reference to being on a TV show, in the fight between Tash and Courtney. 

• Love 6

I'm still liking this season too. Social media week didn't bother me, as 1) social media is indeed becoming important for a model's contracts, and the fact that I don't like it will not change it, and 2) because of that, models have to get to know how to create narrative that attracts viewers, and that includes knowing which pictures to post. Which is why I liked that the contestants were asked to choose the 3 photos themselves in order to create a story and/or vibe.

The twin that was eliminated took/chose very lousy photos, and I agree with the judge who said she managed to completely un-glamour the setting (I'm paraphrasing here). However, it seems to me that she, Tash, had a better presence, walk and pictures than her twin, although the judges seem to have consistenly ranked her twin (Cory, right? I'm still not sure I know all the names) higher.

I get that Courtney is a bit of a drama queen, but she also had that bad cough and she did fall down these stairs. (I once stumbled down stairs and went down flat on my down down a dozen of steps - my feet were still wet after the shower as I was rushing to get ready for a party. My back and the back of my head hurt so much that I had to lie down on my bed for a few minutes, then I got dressed and went to that damn party :) and had tons of fun, but for a week or so after that, my back was coloured blue, purple and yellow with bruises). Still, even though she is a drama queen, she does't seem aggressive with the other contestants. I would understand some eye rolls - "there she goes again" - when she complains, but I don't understand people shouting at her. But maybe it's just me. Shouting makes me cringe in real life too, I don't like it and always find it counterproductive, in that instead of resolving issues, things escalate. YMMV, etc.

In all this, I'm surprised that Kyle is quite invisible in their living quarters. Have we seen her talk to anyone (other than in the first episode) and I've missed it? who does she hang with? is she going somewhere by herself?

Coryanne's makeover looks nice when she pulls her hair back in a ponytail but otherwise does her no favour.

Seeing Binta and Courtney next to each other made me realize how tall and extremely slim Binta is. Next to her, Courtney looked like she had no neck and had thick waist and hips, even though she's tiny! And I like Courtney and agree with Supagirl that 

That is a classic Hollywood movie star/supermodel of the 50's-60's-70's face.  Lovely bone structure, haunted look in the eyes.

I also like her eyebrows and the contrast with her hair and her delicate face (which might look too delicate without the eyebrows).

Lastly, I'm ok with all the judges so far, which must be a first for me. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Steph619 said:

Last week, I was questioning why the rest of the girls were complaining so much about Courtney, but after this episode, I get it. She has an interesting look and is probably the front-runner at this point, but she whines way too much. She seems to like attention and having people feel sorry for her. However, I don't condone some of the girls talking about karma when she fell down the stairs. With her back, she could've been seriously hurt.

Yeah, no matter how annoying someone is, and face it, Courtney isn't cruel or mean, she's just fucking annoying, you do NOT wish them physical harm of giggle with glee when they get hurt unless you are a cruel and mean person. I don't like either side in the Courtney vs others conflict but the only karma I wish to see is them getting what they dish out, not a fall down the stairs.

I have a feeling the karma storyline is why Tash and not Corryanne got sent packing. It better fit the narrative this ep. Corryanne has plenty of time to be booted later but Tash going now was the final Karmic bitchslap.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Supagirl said:

I like Courtney's face.  That is a classic Hollywood movie star/supermodel of the 50's-60's-70's face.  Lovely bone structure, haunted look in the eyes.  Yes, she's a pill and complains too much.  But doesn't girlfriend have steel rods in her back and was booted out of the house as a teenager, left to wander the streets alone?  I cut her some slack.  She can cast some major spells with that face.  DJ Khaled was captivated by her rather mundane message because of that face.  The other girls want to rip her to shreds because of that face.  Compare her to, say, Ghia.  I mean... nice girl, but come on.

Courtney reminds me of Tippi Hedren. She has that fragile quality. I like a strong brow but I think Courtney's would benefit from some judicious taming. She can still have a strong brow without looking like a sasquatch. To me they're so thick they're not strong, they're distracting. I also concur that she is a drama queen and annoying. Not as annoying as Coryanne, who seems to think she's got a life sentence on Devil's Island instead of three weeks away from her crew. Sheesh girl. Get a little perspective. I like Giah who's really cute and adorable, but she's no model. Paige reminds me of big eyes Alison from years gone by, only not as cute. Same quirkiness. Binta is so striking but holy moly the woman needs to switch to decaf. She's on 11 at all times, it must be exhausting to be her. My theory is production is downplaying Kyle now since she's going far. I like her.

• Love 6

Courtney may have a "classic" Hollywood movie star look of the 50's-60's'70's but this ain't the 50's 60's or70's.  This is 2017, and going backwards in time shouldn't happen in real life. 

I get Binta.  I'm sure she's been shunted aside for more "marketable" read white/blonde models.

Edited by Neurochick
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 2:37 PM, dwmarch said:

Too complicated to explain how we got here.

Even more complicated to explain how I got here, since I did not subscribe to this thread. I will try unsubbing now and hope that fixes it.

I'll start by saying I don't really get social media for the most part, so that aspect of judging went over my head.  And I hate all the drama - just show me modeling.  (I know, I'm watching the wrong show for that.)

That said, I can appreciate that Krislian finally managed to not be hootchie, and I did really like her photos.  They seemed like they could actually have been ads for the clothing or shoes or even the club.

Binta's were great as well, particularly the first one with the blue-ish coloring, but she is such a bitch.  Not that she didn't have some legitimate points in her beef with Courtney but dial in down a notch or two. 

Courtney got on my nerves this week too, and does, indeed, seem to be something of a complainer.  Last week's explanation of her inability to arch her back more was completely legit and the photographer did need to know, but this week she should've just kept her mouth shut because her photos were good enough to speak for themselves.

Paige's photos were almost as good as Krislian's and Binta's, again really telling a story, and I liked Kyle's with her gay squad as well.  I don't remember most of the others, except Kody's, Tash's and Coryanne's completely lame ones.  Coryanne really doesn't seem to want to be there and probably should've gone home, but I'm glad it was one of the twins because, DRAH-MAH! makes me fast forward.  I think Tash's photos actually told more of a story than Kody's, and she probably should've stayed instead of her sister, but I'm fine with either one of them going.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Last week's explanation of her inability to arch her back more was completely legit and the photographer did need to know, but this week she should've just kept her mouth shut because her photos were good enough to speak for themselves.

The thing that bugged me about her explanation this week was, yeah, she was fine, not in any danger, but she had to brag about how she got on the floor even though she has problems moving blah blah. I hate braggers. She need not suffer in silence, last week is the perfect example of when to bring it up, but damn girl, you aren't better than anyone else because of your back problems so unless it's a legit issue (like not being able to arch your back), shut up about it.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

The thing that bugged me about her explanation this week was, yeah, she was fine, not in any danger, but she had to brag about how she got on the floor even though she has problems moving blah blah. I hate braggers. She need not suffer in silence, last week is the perfect example of when to bring it up, but damn girl, you aren't better than anyone else because of your back problems so unless it's a legit issue (like not being able to arch your back), shut up about it.

I agree completely.  Courtney needs to learn when to shut the heck up.

35 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Courtney may have a "classic" Hollywood movie star look of the 50's-60's'70's but this ain't the 50's 60's or70's.  This is 2017, and going backwards in time shouldn't happen in real life. 

I get Binta.  I'm sure she's been shunted aside for more "marketable" read white/blonde models.

"In" looks tend to be cyclical, and that classic Hollywood star thing tends to come around repeatedly, even in 2017.  That said, I think both Courtney and Binta have stunning looks, and could both be successful if they learn to control their worst habits.

I do understand Binta's anger and aggressiveness because I agree she's probably had a much harder time getting taken seriously in the industry due to her ethnicity/race, although we have seen her turn on other women of color, not just Courtney.  And while I'm sympathetic, I also think that aggressiveness can be a drawback in a professional situation, which, admittedly, this show is generally not; she needs to learn how to channel it in a way which will propel her career forward rather than let it become detrimental.  I hope she is able to do that, because she does have a fabulous look and could be quite successful.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Steph619 said:

I think that Paige should've been called first, but Krislian's photos were great too. I kind of felt bad that the judges have been so hard on her, but if anything, this week, it seemed to me that their comments actually helped her because she didn't rely on being sexy and actually looked more editorial.

Agree with all of this.

I did LOL when Giah said that she fell down the stairs like 3 times and didn't cry. She's not really a model, but I like her personality. She seems fun and low key.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I like a strong brow but I think Courtney's would benefit from some judicious taming. She can still have a strong brow without looking like a sasquatch. To me they're so thick they're not strong, they're distracting. 

As someone who grew up with Brooke Shields-like eyebrows, I agree that Courtney would look a lot better with some additional tweezing. Not a lot, but thse eyebrows overpower her face to the point where she bears a vague resemblance to Bert.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I also think that aggressiveness can be a drawback in a professional situation, which, admittedly, this show is generally not; she needs to learn how to channel it in a way which will propel her career forward rather than let it become detrimental.  I hope she is able to do that, because she does have a fabulous look and could be quite successful.

So true. Binta is visually stunning. But she lacks an "it" factor that would allow her to get away with that attitude. No photo/designer/agency is going to deal with her if she continues to be so almost violently aggressive.

I think Courtney, would be able to book jobs because on first meeting she is also striking and has those eyebrows which, love them or hate them, are a STRONG feature. However, I doubt she would get a second job due to all her complaining and generally being difficult and needing to be coddled.

I would say these two have the most physical potential to be models out of the bunch. But they have to work on their personalities if they plan to get their foot in the door. This show isn't gonna do it for them.

Honestly, if I were an agent or whatever and actually watched this show and saw them and their behavior I'd be all "get me a Binta type or a Courtney type" because they look great but I wouldn't want to have to deal with either of them. And neither of them are so unique that there isn't another model wannabe that can substitute for them.

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 4

Binta needs to dial it down 10 notches with her shouting. She seems to have a huge chip on her shoulder and really needs to calm the hell down.

Yes Courtney likes to play the victim and is perpetually complaining about some injustice done unto her. If I were stuck in a house with her for weeks on end in a high stress environment where everything is filmed, I would probably go mad and lash out at her too.

Coryanne is the definition of "not wanting it enough" and "resting on pretty". Unless she starts turning it out next week, I don't think she is going to last long.

I give Krislianne the short Instagram model props this week for dialing down the hoochie. Her photos are good (for her) and so I think the judges decided to reward her with a first call out to show that she had listened to them and taken their advice.

Tash and Cody can leave anytime now. Tash was by far the more annoying one so I am glad she is gone.

Giah! Isn't that like Ryan Lochte's catchphrase in his TV show? She is cute but what an unfortunate makeover and name.

Kyle FTW. She is the most polished and can look both manly and feminine at the same time so I think this is hers to lose.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

As someone who grew up with Brooke Shields-like eyebrows, I agree that Courtney would look a lot better with some additional tweezing. Not a lot, but thse eyebrows overpower her face to the point where she bears a vague resemblance to Bert.

I agree those brows could use some grooming, not too much, but a little would eliminate the caterpillar brow effect.

• Love 1

I totally am not getting CoryAnne.  Her comp card shot was a fluke apparently.  Also, the complaining about how harder it was in NYC than in L.A. where she just has to be cute.  Girl, please.  From what little I get she seems to have been closer to her dad than her mother so maybe that's why she seems so clueless about the modeling.  Yes, she's signed to two agencies (one in L.A. and one in Bali) but she seems to not know what she should be doing.  A promo for next week is not helping her cause either.  She really needs to get over herself and a find a clue.

• Love 2

CoryAnne is freaking gorgeous. And her mom is supposedly a model (I know she compared her to like Tyra and Naomi but I've heard of them, never heard of her mom so...). Why does she need to be on this show? If she sucks enough at modeling that having a family member in the business can't get her food in the door, then this show isn't going to help. It's a shame, because girl is stunning! That face! That hair! She's got the looks she needs but OMG she does not have the fire. I am not one of those who thinks that the person who wants it most should win but she doesn't really seem to want it at all. So why is she there?

• Love 4