Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E04: Major Key Alert

Courtney is a whiner but I still like her. Let's hope the judge calling her out will shut her up for a bit and focus. Tash getting the boot was everything! You should never wish for someone to get hurt and then think you have won something when they do. So tacky and gross. She really fell down the stairs and I am sure it really hurt, but was the arm wrap really necessary? Giah's deadpan reply with :"I fell twice stop being such a baby" was hysterical. Hate social media crap, I hope thats the end of that. I get that is where the market is, but I don't want to see it every week

• Love 5

I haven't had a favourite in this race so far, but now I really hope Courtney wins it.

Bye Tash... won't miss your immaturity and hatred.  You sucked as a model anyway.

Binta really is certifiably crazy.  I loved Paige's face when Binta was going off at Courtney on the bus.  That was awesome!

Krislian surprised me this week.  I thought she looked great in her photos, which is surprising because that purple monstrosity she was wearing was hideous.  And India got lucky, because it looked even worse on her.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 2

Wow. You know, I know I watched this episode, and was surprised/glad Tash went, and I could swear I commented, but no. Now the only thing I remember is the first time I got on this page the comments were from Agent Carter (or wanting to bring that show back) or something. And then I signed out and forgot to come back so I have zero idea how else I feel. Not one clue. So, next week then? God, I'm confused now.

I know some are annoyed by the focus on social media but as stated by others, it's a fact of life for models nowadays.  The girls' IG accounts are being tracked week-to-week (courtesy RTVG).  While some of the girls' positions change weekly their places seem pretty consistent.  Binta has been at the bottom from the start and the top three have also been consistent:

1. Krislian - @misskrislian - 65.5k (+4.4k) (7.2% Growth)
2. Justine - @justinemaebiticon - 50.1k (+4.1k) (8.9% Growth)
3. Courtney - @courtneypaigenelson - 41.8k (+8.2k) (24.4% Growth)
4. Tatiana - @tatianaelizabethh - 25.7k (+2.8k) (12.2% Growth)
5. Paige - @paigemobley - 24.8k (+3.7k) (17.5% Growth)
↑ 6. Marissa- @marissa_hopkins - 23.9k (+4.4k) (22.6% Growth)
↓ 7. Cherish - @icherishwaters - 23.4k (+2.8k) (13.5% Growth)
↑ ↑ 8. Kyle- @smile4kyle - 21.2k (+6.2k) (41.3% Growth)
↓ 9. CoryAnne - @corylovesyou - 20.5k (+3.5k) (20.6% Growth)
↓ 10. Tash & Cody - @tashandcody - 17.4k (+2k) (13% Growth)
↑ 12. India - @indiak8 - 17k (+7.4k) (77.1% Growth)
↓ 12. Giah - @just_giah - 15.2k (+3.3k) (27.7% Growth)
13. Binta - @babybinta - 7,768 (+1,735) (28.8% Growth)

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 3
On 1/4/2017 at 7:55 AM, NutMeg said:

In all this, I'm surprised that Kyle is quite invisible in their living quarters. Have we seen her talk to anyone (other than in the first episode) and I've missed it? who does she hang with? is she going somewhere by herself?

In this episode she was the one who put the ace bandage on Courtney and then during the little backstage thing they showed after the judging panel talked among themselves they showed Krislian telling Binta (while Kyle was sitting beside her) that she never could have gotten the shots she did without Kyle's support. Kyle doesn't get shown much at all and she seems like a very quite/low key personality, but it actually seems like the other girls really like/rely on her.

• Love 3

I like Courtney's photos.  She reminds me of Debbie Harry.  She should put a sock in the perennial pity party, though.  She looked good on the floor.  

Liked that Video Bangs Girl pulled off a decent shoot, and as someone above said, it was nice to see Paige genuinely happy for her.  

Not feeling Cory at all.  She looks like Maya Rudolph of SNL with Bernadette Peters' hair, and doesn't seem to ever bring it.  Her trio was sad.    

Binta, Binta.  Think she may look nice on the runway as long as she's kept sedated at all other times.  She can walk and that's about it.  I think her pictures are scary, even though the judges were falling all over her "alien" look.  

I like India and never saw anyone rock purple stripy hair so well.  Thought she looked good the last two weeks.  

Agree with those who say that Marissa often looks like Selena.  Thought she looked great in the black dress this week.  

I think Tatiana is both attractive and photogenic, as is Kyle.  What gorgeous faces they have.  Thought they both had convincing photos this week.   

I still don't get what the karma twins are doing there.  Yikes.  Wasn't sorry to see the one they turned into Odell Beckham go home.  

• Love 4

I'm not too sad that Tash is gone, either, but I don't get the attacking of Cody going on here.  From what I've seen, Tash has demonstrated the stronger personality and has been causing all the drama.  I haven't really seen Cody cause much of it at all.  I like Cody for that reason and think that she'll be much better away from her twin.

In the first episode, I liked Courtney and felt bad for her that that trans girl, Quei, was giving her a hard time.  And I was even gladder that she made it into the house while Quei didn't (though I did appreciate that Quei did apologize honestly to her, and Courtney did forgive her).  But now I'm starting to wonder why I'd ever liked her in the first place, because while she has a striking, stunning look, the complaining and drama-queening it up is becoming too much of a turn-off for me.

I like Krislian and am glad that she's made such an upswing.  I hope she can keep up the momentum, because I'd love to see another Hispanic win.  Unless I'm wrong, Jaslene from cycle eight is still the only one, isn't she?

Binta . . . I don't hate her.  She definitely has a huge aggressiveness to her.  But it doesn't make me hate her, since I can see the points she's making every time she goes off on someone.  But she needs to dial it back, or that'll get her booted sooner rather than later.

I also like Paige, Kyle, Tatiana, and Giah since they all seem to be very low-drama girls who just put their heads down and focus on the modeling.  Other than her outburst at Courtney in the last episode, Marissa seems pretty low-key, as well.

Like others, I don't see CoryAnne lasting much longer.  If she just wants to rely on her looks and not actually put in the work this competition requires, then she needs to just get eliminated, already, and go back to Bali.

I like this season.  I like that it's back to all girls.  And I do like the judges.  I like that they're a lot harsher with the girls than the old guard.  I do agree that Ashley probably would've been a better successor for Tyra in the role of host, but here's a UO: I don't think Rita's doing that badly.  This last panel was the most personality I've seen from her when she tried to get Law to stop speaking.

Edited by Michel
  • Love 3
On 1/8/2017 at 11:48 PM, Michel said:

I'm not too sad that Tash is gone, either, but I don't get the attacking of Cody going on here.  From what I've seen, Tash has demonstrated the stronger personality and has been causing all the drama.  I haven't really seen Cody cause much of it at all.  I like Cody for that reason and think that she'll be much better away from her twin.

In the first episode, I liked Courtney and felt bad for her that that trans girl, Quei, was giving her a hard time.  And I was even gladder that she made it into the house while Quei didn't (though I did appreciate that Quei did apologize honestly to her, and Courtney did forgive her).  But now I'm starting to wonder why I'd ever liked her in the first place, because while she has a striking, stunning look, the complaining and drama-queening it up is becoming too much of a turn-off for me.

I like Krislian and am glad that she's made such an upswing.  I hope she can keep up the momentum, because I'd love to see another Hispanic win.  Unless I'm wrong, Jaslene from cycle eight is still the only one, isn't she?

Binta . . . I don't hate her.  She definitely has a huge aggressiveness to her.  But it doesn't make me hate her, since I can see the points she's making every time she goes off on someone.  But she needs to dial it back, or that'll get her booted sooner rather than later.

I also like Paige, Kyle, Tatiana, and Giah since they all seem to be very low-drama girls who just put their heads down and focus on the modeling.  Other than her outburst at Courtney in the last episode, Marissa seems pretty low-key, as well.

Like others, I don't see CoryAnne lasting much longer.  If she just wants to rely on her looks and not actually put in the work this competition requires, then she needs to just get eliminated, already, and go back to Bali.

I like this season.  I like that it's back to all girls.  And I do like the judges.  I like that they're a lot harsher with the girls than the old guard.  I do agree that Ashley probably would've been a better successor for Tyra in the role of host, but here's a UO: I don't think Rita's doing that badly.  This last panel was the most personality I've seen from her when she tried to get Law to stop speaking.

Yoanna (Cycle 2) was Mexican.

• Love 1

I know some are annoyed by the focus on social media but as stated by others, it's a fact of life for models nowadays.

My problem with the social media focus this week was that it made for boring challenges.  However, I do see how important it is in the industry now, and as long as it's not the main focus every week, I can live with it.