Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Just now, JoanArc said:

Protecting the unborn, my ass. I wonder if they would've taken Zika as (un)seriously.

I'm pretty sure they did. Didn't Jill and Derick return to Danger America during the zika thing while she was pregnant? 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm pretty sure they did. Didn't Jill and Derick return to Danger America during the zika thing while she was pregnant? 

I think they were in Central America less than a year. It was during the Zika outbreak, but I think Iz and Sam are more than two years apart, so they may have already been home when Jill became pregnant.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think they were in Central America less than a year. It was during the Zika outbreak, but I think Iz and Sam are more than two years apart, so they may have already been home when Jill became pregnant.

I went back to check. They were home and then went back to Danger America during her last trimester . . . only to return home for the birth. El Salvador itself was warning women there not to get pregnant at this time due to the risks of the virus. 

https://okmagazine.com/photos/jill-duggar-pregnant-traveling-central-america-zika-virus-d

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Protecting the unborn, my ass. I wonder if they would've taken Zika as (un)seriously.

I remember Derrick packing “Off” in their bags for the return.  And snarking about it so, yes just as unseriously.

Edited by sheshark
  • Love 4

Moderator Announcement: This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum. The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. It is important to adhere to the SPIRIT of the policy as well as the letter, including but not limited to, not discussing politics in your post but linking to an article, picture, photograph etc that is explicitly political. 

If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage. If you have questions please PM me directly. 

• Love 1
On 1/12/2021 at 8:55 PM, ginger90 said:

Here’s one of the videos:

Jill ends the video saying she hopes Iz and Spurge will continue their relationship as cousins for the rest of their life. I'm thinking at the time she said this, she never would have guessed that Iz and Spurge wouldn't see each other much more than a couple times a year.

Thread topic: I remember seeing Jill at Joy's baby shower, however I don't recall seeing any pictures of Jill with Evelyn. It seems Joy makes more time for Carlin. It makes me wonder if Joy's and Jill's relationship is fractured.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, graefin said:

I mean, three movies a week is still a lot? I envy people who have time to watch movies that often, let alone one per night! They must have literally nothing else to do.

I agree, but I will give Joy a pass on this. It’s not like she grew up watching television. Just for cultural competence sake she has catching up to do.

• Love 6

I work at a public library and routinely see people check 25 movies out every week and come back for more every week. And they watch all of them.

So, 3 movies a week sounds pretty tame to me. (I don't really bat an eye at someone watching one nightly, so double that amount wouldn't seem odd to me. I usually watch a TV show episode or movie each night myself. I also don't have kids, though.)

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Joy didn't get any snow at all, but Jill did? How far apart do they live from each other?

Joy lives about 20 miles south of Jill. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Joy didn't get any snow, especially since there was so little of it. 

I routinely get precipitation at my house that doesn't happen just a couple of miles away or vice versa. Elevations and being just slightly north or south can make a big difference in weather locally. It's like a local pastime anywhere I've worked here to compare who got rain or ice or snow and who didn't any time a weather front moves in. 

download.jpg.4f3e0b44204c05e87b4ffd55f8b5ca51.jpg

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

These two are so dumb. Thats not an appropriate activity at his age and according to one of the posters at reddit, who used to work at that kind of place for a living, he's not properly strapped in. He should be in a full body harness instead of a waist one. Also no shoes. 

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

These two are so dumb. Thats not an appropriate activity at his age and according to one of the posters at reddit, who used to work at that kind of place for a living, he's not properly strapped in. He should be in a full body harness instead of a waist one. Also no shoes. 

Exactly, what's wrong with these idiots?

The way Giddy is strapped on makes him a great airbag for Austin. 🤕

So what company would take on the liability of allowing a toddler on their zip lines (and in the future skydiving)? There has to be laws/regulations against that.  I want to report them. That is double dumb asses, parents and businesses. 

• Love 21
1 minute ago, auntieminem said:

So what company would take on the liability of allowing a toddler on their zip lines (and in the future skydiving)? There has to be laws/regulations against that.  I want to report them. That is double dumb asses, parents and businesses. 

Apparently the zipline is at Austin's father's outdoor camp

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

In the 2010s, I felt like there were certain Duggar children that were more prominent than others and perhaps wreaked with scandal (e.g., Josh). 

In the 2020s, for some reason, I feel like Joy and her family will be the subject of a lot of gossip and scandal, more than most of the Duggars (well other than the Vuolos).

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Thanks for posting the video Dustbunny

I just watched it and the narrator says that the zipline goes across the lake! 

Can Gideon swim if he falls?

Who cares?  As noted philosopher Butch Cassidy advises, 'the fall will probably kill ya'.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

Austin's family are just asking for a lawsuit. Why would you allow any visitors, especially children, to ride a horse without a helmet? I don't wish tragedy on anyone, but if there's a permanent injury or even death, they could be sued into bankruptcy.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Austin's family are just asking for a lawsuit. Why would you allow any visitors, especially children, to ride a horse without a helmet? I don't wish tragedy on anyone, but if there's a permanent injury or even death, they could be sued into bankruptcy.  

I've long been horrified by pretty much any pictures they show of anyone around those horses. No helmets, no proper footwear. They're fucking idiots. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Anyone going to the camp probably has to sign a waiver saying the camp is not held responsible for injuries. Also only like minded people will go there and there would be pressure not to sue. I think the ones who let their children ride without a helmet would think something on the line of..People have been riding horses for hundreds of years they will be ok.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Yeah, it's a bunch of like-minded people and they'd all feel they wouldn't sue if something happened... but all that can go out the window once a child gets hurt. Tragedy and grief can really change people's perspectives. Christians can turn on each other even more viciously than their secular neighbors can. 

• Love 16
50 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Anyone going to the camp probably has to sign a waiver saying the camp is not held responsible for injuries. Also only like minded people will go there and there would be pressure not to sue. I think the ones who let their children ride without a helmet would think something on the line of..People have been riding horses for hundreds of years they will be ok.

As someone who has a bit of experience with personal injury law, I will tell you that those sorts of waivers are generally not worth the paper they're printed on.  If something terrible happens, particularly if it involved reasonable safety precautions not being taken; the waiver is meaningless.  The lawyers will insist that their clients only signed it because they made the natural assumption that the people running the camp were well trained, the equipment in good conditions and all recommended safety measures in place.  They would've never signed it had they know the Family Camp and its employees didn't know what they were doing.]

The other thing that protects them is the likely fact that the Forsythes, if they haven't already consulted an attorney to protect their personal assets in the event of a lawsuit, probably don't have a lot of money anyway.  Personal injury lawyers only make money if they reach a settlement or win in court.  The upfront expenses are all paid by the plaintiff's attorney, who gets nothing if they lose.  So, part of the attorney's research on the case before taking it on would be to check into the camp; is there liability insurance?  How much?  What is the Forsythe family's personal liability in accidents at the camp?  What assets (preferably cash) do they have if the plaintiff wins?  They are not taking the case unless they see a way to make a profit and it could well be that the camp has limited insurance and the Forsythes are protected and almost no lawyer would be interested in handling it.

• Useful 16
  • Love 6