Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: Shade Grenade

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I wasn't paying attention to Cynthia's scenes, but didn't she say she wanted to keep the house if they got divorced? Did I miss Peter talk her out of it?

Yes, she did say she wanted to keep the house. She said it on an earlier episode when talking about the divorce. I noticed because I'd recently read an article about her buying the lake house. I wonder if maybe she was thinking of the house as an asset, rather than something to which she had an emotional attachment. So when Peter, for whatever reason, asked that she sell it, she was fine with that.

Edited by Passing Strange
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Oh, and thank you, Todd, for keeping Peter and his words of wisdom on our screen. I loved how that old man tried to claim Cynthia was never supportive of him. That woman bankrolled you for YEARS. And you ran off to play in another state. I fucking hate him. 

Yes! Also, Todd and Peter talking about how they still keep in touch with Apollo and miss him is disgusting. Do they realize how bad that makes them look? I can't believe Kandi is ok with Todd and Apollo's friendship. We already know Peter is a douchnozzle but Todd has hit rock bottom in the like department. Shady, shady men, all 3 of them. 

Cynthia- she probably has some nice equity in the house, and by selling it she can put a down payment on the new one. I'm still not getting why she is being so nice and protective about Peter. They must have come to some kind of agreement that she not talk shit about him and in return he won't spill her dirty little secrets, either..... It's the only excuse I can come up with for her not slamming the hell out of Peter in the media.

Sheree's EX (Bob)- the profuse sweating is out of control. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 11

Todd, as a bidnessman, why are you celebrating and supporting a felon? This is all very odd being that Todd was a regular workingman (production) before his marriage to Kandi. It's not like Apollo was your boy from way back when. I know Kandi doesn't like folks talking about her kids, mama, or man, but you need to check him for his. Straight ignorance, as is his support of Peter, user extraordianaire! It's just so weird that a man who was hustling for his dollars is now dealing with these sorry dudes.

I'm a Kenya supporter, but let Matt's dumb ass go. We've all had our experiences with good dick younger dudes but there is no future in fronting. I don't even think it is a fake relationship, but there is nothing good to come from this.  If you want a baby, go ahead and have you one...leave garage door kicking Matt and Hallison in the background. 

Sick of seeing Bob's sweaty ass, and Sheree, too, for that matter. It's odd to see their kids sitting cool while they sweat up a storm. Other than the Chateau, Sheree has nothing to offer. There is no one for her to spar with (on a dramatic NeNe caliber) and we've already seen her walk behind a "star" spouting epithets. Doing it to Kenya now offers no effect. It just shows her desperate for attention. You chasing behind Kenya, shouting shit? Been there, done that. 

Sorry Phaedra had the drama but folks who dont read blogs/see posts about the grenadier have seen enough of her drama that it's not even believable anymore. Although my prior spoiler readings show it to be true, she's lied so much, the casual viewer doesn't even care. Also, let's not try to recreate history like Porsha knows a damn thing about politics/civil rights/progressive law to care that she is in the nosebleed section of the DNC. Insulting for those who are actually politically active. 

I think Cynthia just wanted to get rid of that house, but why waste a million on a secluded property when your kid is leaving and the tiny bit of affiliation/business you have in ATL is in downtown? I'd get a condo in a highrise next to Dr. Jackie (Married to Med) and a cute apt in NYC and keep on living. I don't know why she is still trying to cover up Peter's doggish ways (reason for divorce/he doesnt want her living with another man in "their" home--which has been shown to be hers only).

Todd's stinky balls, ehh. We all know this was an extended commercial for Bedroom Kandi since the restaurant didn't launch yet. Joyce didn't even look like she knew how to HOLD a baby when struggling with Ace. Even my 16 yo commented on that. 

Why is Porsha even a housewife?

Lena is almost more invisible than poor Demetria. 

Todd, your scrub nature is showing.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

It was reported in the legit press as well as in the blogs. Oh, and it was reported on the network news, ABC/CBS/NBC.

Thank you. I don't think Phaedra is as pure as the driven snow, but it didn't seem like something she would just completely fabricate. 

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

I think Cynthia just wanted to get rid of that house, but why waste a million on a secluded property when your kid is leaving and the tiny bit of affiliation/business you have in ATL is in downtown? I'd get a condo in a highrise next to Dr. Jackie (Married to Med) and a cute apt in NYC and keep on living. I don't know why she is still trying to cover up Peter's doggish ways (reason for divorce/he doesnt want her living with another man in "their" home--which has been shown to be hers only).

Todd, your scrub nature is showing.

Haha. Love the reference to Dr. Jackie.  The lake house is a lot of house for one person but it is also really beautiful. I like it better than the old house.

I don't think Peter will get a dime. As ditzy as Cynthia often seems, she was smart enough to get a pre-nup, which I'm sure included keeping his grubby hands off of the roof she bought to shelter her child.

Kandy and Todd are seriously gross and I never want to see anything like that again or hear about his dirty balls. They have zero class.

As for the person who asked how Rep. Wilson is taken seriously with the hats, believe me, she's taken extremely serious from President Obama and his staff on down. She is extremely persistent and a woman who gets shit done.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sunsheyen said:

I'm a Kenya supporter, but let Matt's dumb ass go. We've all had our experiences with good dick younger dudes but there is no future in fronting. I don't even think it is a fake relationship, but there is nothing good to come from this.  If you want a baby, go ahead and have you one...leave garage door kicking Matt and Hallison in the background. 

I think I stopped reading at "Kenya supporter."  I think it's interesting how she talks on and on about Porsha being violent, when it's fine for Matt to break your glass door or whatever he did.  And someone needs to tell Kenya that, "a la this election season" ugly, violent words can be deadly too.

• Love 18

My take on this week's episode:

I have to give it to Cynthia to finally know that it is time to just move on from Unk Ben.  I liked th house she picked and I also believe that is where she is living now according to instagram.  As forher meeting with Kenya, I'm glad she has someone around for moral support but Kenya....  Kenya is already spinning the episode with Sheree as if she did absolutely nothing to start the argument and Sheree just started attacking her out of the blue.  I also side eye all she is saying about Rent-a-Matt as he has taken to twitter expressing feeling that she was using him for a story line.  It is just the way the "birthday party" ended up that makes me feel he might be on to something and that is why he appears to have moved on with a new girl of late.  It smacks of the situation with the arranged date on Millionaire Matchmaker where she was supposedly offered a ring and implied that she might be engaged when the guy in question had been married for several months and his wife even stated she was trying to get him to go along with her illusion.  I just don't think she would waste her time being with Matt if he was a volitile as she claimes.

The birthday party was just a plain embarrassment, especially when she specifically did not invite her "bestie" Cynthia because Cynthia is now going through a divorce.  Her couples outing was a bust.

I actually loved seeing real family issues being addressed on the show.  The interaction between Sheree and her son was what made me like this franchise of the Housewife series.  It was what endeared me to Nene as she was raising and disciplining the boys in the earlier seasons.  I am just plain tired of the arguments at the restaurant skits they do over and over again.  I wanted to shout 'YOU ALL BROUGHT A HOUSE!!! SO WHO CARES IF YOURS IS BETTER THAN HERS!!!' Everyone on the show has their own house right now so ....

I also liked seeing Phaedra in the capacity of hosting these public service type events and seeing her at work.  I also like the whole session at the DNC regarding BLM and what it really means.  I also liked the direct correlation of the event with the Whitfields dicussion with their son

The sex session with Kandi and Todd I could've done without.  It was nice, though, thar Joyce babysat so they could have some private time but was disappointed that she still had to throw a dig at Todd in the process.

The bomb scare was something I know at the time made Phaedra fear for her kids and for her to be away from them at the time had to be hard on her.  I feel she was genuine in her feelings about it at the time.  I was happy to know it was just an understanding where he was actually describing a CD he wanted Phaedra to hear.  I also feel that Apollo wanted to bully and control Phaedra with not signing the divorce papers which we now know that he claims to starting his own divorce procedures.  I honestly believe she did file and is was being finalized but he was holding it up to save face.

I also feel somekindofway, about his new girlfriend/alleged fiance who will actually be featured on the show.  His is just a POS in my opinion

I also nominate for the POS award, the Tuckers and Mama Joyce.  No matter how bad your relationship is now, that was supposed to be a close friend and I couldn't believe how they couldn't keep from grinning about the possibility of a former friend being killed by a bomber.  Even if I totally fell out with a former friend, I still couldn't be so crass as to find it funny that my former friend's life may have been in danger.  This is why I am actually glad that Phaedra and Porsha have gotten close as friends.

This may be the only time I say anything nice about Kenya, but at that moment, she actually thought about Phaedra's children and that this was not something to be gleeful about.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She knew that Phaedra was in DC. 

I

That still don't make it right.  She and Todd was actually trying, unsuccessfully, to hold back a giggle at Phaedra possibly being hurt by the bomb.  There was absolutely NOTHING funny about what happened. and Kandi didn't know where Phaedra was at the time.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Yes, she did say she wanted to keep the house. She said it on an earlier episode when talking about the divorce. I noticed because I'd recently read an article about her buying the lake house. I wonder if maybe she was thinking of the house as an asset, rather than something to which she had an emotional attachment. So when Peter, for whatever reason, asked that she sell it, she was fine with that.

Here's the thing about Cynthia - I liked her townhouse, and I liked that she had a reasonable house that was {presumably} without ridiculous amounts of debt attached to it, or trying to live outside of her means, like so many of the other women on this show.

The lake house is beautiful, but it just seems to me like too much house for her and Noel, especially with Noel going off to college.  Cynthia's mentioned several times that Atlanta is NOT her home - LA or NY were more to her liking.  Noel was considering going to college in California, and her Dad is there, as well (or is he in NY).  

Anyway, I hope that Cynthia will make a good profit on that townhouse, because the show isn't going to last forever, and I don't know how well her sunglass/messenger bag business is doing.  I hope that she has smart people working her money for her.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Cynthia- she probably has some nice equity in the house, and by selling it she can put a down payment on the new one. I'm still not getting why she is being so nice and protective about Peter. They must have come to some kind of agreement that she not talk shit about him and in return he won't spill her dirty little secrets, either..... It's the only excuse I can come up with for her not slamming the hell out of Peter in the media.

I think Cynthia's a "big dummy", like that t-shirt of hers said. It sounded like the new house is larger than the townhouse, which no sense.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Aging Goth said:

I also feel that Apollo wanted to bully and control Phaedra with not signing the divorce papers which we now know that he claims to starting his own divorce procedures.  I honestly believe she did file and is was being finalized but he was holding it up to save face.

My sister's ex husband was in federal prison for 6 years and her divorce went on for over 4 years.  From prison he was able to drag things out and make so many demands on my sister.  My sister was a total wreck.  He was able to get a court order for visitation with the children.  My sister was force to pay for plane tickets and a hotel room so she could take the kids half way across the country to Duluth, Minnesota in January so he could see his kids.  During the visit he basically ignored the kids and verbally abused my sister.  My sister finally gave him what he wanted, a $10,000 settlement (down from his initial demand of $50,000).  In turn she got her freedom, her home and full custody of her children.  So, Mama Joyce needs to take at seat when she says it is so easy to get a divorce when your spouse is in prison.

• Love 20

Kenya is just so pathetic. I thought it was really tacky of her to invite Kandi and her husband to the couples thing, right in front of Cynthia. You can't find time later in the day to do that? Nice. Then this supposed "strong, independent" woman is laughing off her boyfriend's extreme jealousy and aggressive behavior. "I hope he gets over his sillyness". Sillyness? No. Sillyness is when your dumbass boyfriend farts in bed and traps you under the covers. Banging walls and throwing things is not sillyness. It's a problem. I would be single for life before I'd deal with that shit. 

Re Sheree's son: how DO cops determine one has had too much pot to drive? I'm just genuinely curious. Is there a breathalyzer for that as well? I'm pro legalized pot, even though I don't smoke it myself. I don't really care what people do, but you definitely shouldn't be driving while you're impaired from ANY substance. I hope Cairo learns his lesson and sticks to his studies. It was interesting to hear that Bob has a medical marijuana card. Clearly cannabis does not help with excessive sweating. 

SUPER awkward to have your mom set up a sex romp for you and a husband. I totally FF the following scenes with Kandi and Todd. 

Oh, and thank you, Todd, for keeping Peter and his words of wisdom on our screen. I loved how that old man tried to claim Cynthia was never supportive of him. That woman bankrolled you for YEARS. And you ran off to play in another state. I fucking hate him. 

What I did love was Cynthia's new lakehouse! It was a bit more modern than I like, but the surroundings were so beautiful and tranquil. I would totally live there. 

That bomb/grenade business is scary as hell. Not going to lie, my first thought was Apollo. But I guess lawyers must get a lot of hate on a regular basis. 

Ghoulina, I can only speak to California's medical marijuana situation, but driving under the influence of marijuana is not a scale, like alcohol, where .04 is fine, but .08 is illegal. Being under the influence of marijuana at ALL is illegal for driving. CA is now implementing a "recreational use" statute, and the issue of how to identify and classify people for the purposes of driving is one of the issues. It is pretty hard to tell if someone is *currently* under the influence of pot, as I understand a UA can test for anything consumed over weeks I don't know how they determine that you are currently under the influence. But as to measurement, it is designed to be a zero-tolerance law.

• Love 3

A couples-only gathering to celebrate a birthday, but the birthday half of the host couple flakes out? How dreadful.

That bomb/grenade business is scary as hell.

No doubt. Was anybody ever charged?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

The birthday party was just a plain embarrassment, especially when she specifically did not invite her "bestie" Cynthia because Cynthia is now going through a divorce.  Her couples outing was a bust.

Right??? Wasn't that horrible? She could have invited her and another random friend, if it were about keeping even numbers. But the irony is, Kenya's "other half" didn't even show, so she brought another chick along! Karma, Kenya. It's calling your name. 

• Love 6

Kandi is my favorite Atlanta ho-wife but I don't need to see sexy times with her and sweaty balled Todd.  Nor do I need to know that he's got sweaty balls.  Mama Joyce still clearly hates him, as with her little dig about how hard Kandi works at least.  FWIW, I generally like Todd and he seems like a hard worker.  Just don't need to know about his balls.

And a big YES to whoever posted above that Todd should not be taking marital advice (or any advice, for that matter) from Uncle Ben.  If Peter had one clue it would be awful lonely in that big head of his.   Don't even try to suggest that your marriage didn't work because you and Cynthia spent a lot of time together.  When was that?  When you were in Charlotte and she was in Atlanta?  And yeah, you were in it for the long haul . . . or at least as long as Cynthia's bank accounts had money in them. 

Both of Cynthia's homes are gorgeous but I did catch the realtor saying the lake house was right off 400.  That drive is going to be a bitch if she wants to get downtown, if she's driving during rush hour or anywhere close to rush hour.  As gorg as that lake house is, I don't really understand why she and Noelle need such a big space.

I didn't care for Sheree when she was initially on but I kinda like her now.  Her faces are golden. Her double take at Bob was classic.

Porscha is boring and dumb as shit.  Kenya is thirsty as shit.  I get nothing between her and Matt.  She was absolutely disrespectful to Cynthia, inviting Kandi and Todd and Lena to her ATV party or whatever it is and excluding Cynthia because she's now single.  Didn't it turn out that Kenya went solo to the "party?"  So she could have invited Cynthia.  Stupid.

Phaedra and Porscha going on the political trail? . . . um, no thanks.  I have a feeling that the phone call notifying Phaedra about the bomb threat was redone for the cameras.  Why else ask the driver to pull over and stop the car and you just so happen to get the call?  Especially less than 10 miles from your destination?  Doesn't make sense.

I've been working in law for over twenty years, in both Atlanta and California.  Never had a bomb threat.  Had one threat against an attorney that I can recall but it was due to a personal matter, not from a client or former client.  So yeah, my mind immediately went to Apollo and I wondered if he was behind it somehow.  Especially since Phaedra said she was pushing to finalize the divorce and he was trying to hold things up. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Yes! Also, Todd and Peter talking about how they still keep in touch with Apollo and miss him is disgusting. Do they realize how bad that makes them look? I can't believe Kandi is ok with Todd and Apollo's friendship. We already know Peter is a douchnozzle but Todd has hit rock bottom in the like department. Shady, shady men, all 3 of them. 

Sheree's EX (Bob)- the profuse sweating is out of control. 

I doubt Kandi would have a problem with the friendship.  From what we've seen, she is supportive of her friends and family members that have been in prison.  Going to jail for white collar crime is not immediate ground for ending friendships for a lot of people.  Martha Stewart is a felon who's spent time in jail, and no one judges people for being friends with her.   

• Love 2
3 hours ago, jaync said:

A couples-only gathering to celebrate a birthday, but the birthday half of the host couple flakes out? How dreadful.

No doubt. Was anybody ever charged?

I believe the guy was arrested at the scene. http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/28/phaedra-parks-atlatnta-office-bomb/

Then Phaedra defended the guy to the press saying it, the bomb threat, was just a "misunderstanding" and the Police racially profiled him when they arrested him! http://www.realitytea.com/2016/08/04/phaedra-parks-bomb-threat-update-phaedra-says-ex-client-made-bomb-threat-victim-racial-profiling/

• Love 2

It is quite messy and immature but interesting to see him talk about loving/being with her, especially in the face of people trying to say she paid him/it was fake. Who is Chris that he is referring to that she called gay last season? I'm drawing a blank. I guess we will have to let it play out but I am curious about the upcoming clip of him punching/kicking the garage door and what the context is for that.

I will admit that I didn't recognize her in the Jay Z pic either when it was onscreen. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

It is quite messy and immature but interesting to see him talk about loving/being with her, especially in the face of people trying to say she paid him/it was fake. Who is Chris that he is referring to that she called gay last season? I'm drawing a blank. I guess we will have to let it play out but I am curious about the upcoming clip of him punching/kicking the garage door and what the context is for that.

I will admit that I didn't recognize her in the Jay Z pic either when it was onscreen. 

Chris was Kim Fields' husband. Matt snapped at him at the reunion for asking Kenya a question.

• Love 4
Just now, ridethemaverick said:

Chris was Kim Fields' husband. Matt snapped at him at the reunion for asking Kenya a question.

LOL duh me...how quickly that duo was forgotten! I was trying to figure out when she called Christopher Williams gay and how Matt figured that was last season.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

Welp, Matt just aired Kenya out on his Instagram. Lemme see if I can figure out how to post it...

Well here's the link

The "I was totally against the whole idea in the first place" comment makes me believe that this story about him being aggressive/possibly abusive was her idea for a storyline this season and nothing more! Why am I not surprised?

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those photos of Kenya in various acting roles?

Yes, they are. Kenya claimed that Matt got "jealous" seeing a picture of her and JayZ in a music video from years ago during the episode last night. I think this was his way of saying that he was not and is not jealous of anyone Kenya has acted with, including JayZ. LOL Oh, and I think he is saying this "jealously/aggression/abuse" allegation she claims against him is nothing more than her "acting" now for a show storyline.

• Love 3

Oy, I don't even have to respond about the episode because Matt's IG post is all the drama you really need to talk about it. Everything he's saying I can totally see Kenya trying to pull. Her being offended that Matt couldn't recognize her during the pinnacle of her career - yeah that's about the same as what she did when Porsha referenced her as the wrong pageant winner. For what it's worth, Porsha should have known the credentials of her guest of honour but it wasn't that big of a deal. Make a joke about it and move on. 

Seems like Matt is insinuating that Kenya wanted to paint his character in a certain light for the sake of storyline...and I'm gathering from his comments that it was always more about her having an angle to feature on the show more so than it was about taking an honest go at their relationship. He could be lying but Kenya is shady as hell and treats people poorly so nothing he said would be surprising to me if it were in fact 100% truth. 

• Love 11

That instagram post is pretty rambly but I totally believe Kenya would do all that stuff. Esoecially the part where she showed the pic and he didn't know it was her at first and she freaked. Look at how even in this episode she tells Cynthia about her fight with Sheree and she totally twists it so she looks like some victim. It's how she rolls. She's always the victim. It's so annoying too lol.

The bday party was lame and maybe all fake too if that ig post is telling the truth. And wasn't Kenya still invited when she was single? Seems mean to Cynthia. I love Cynthia's hair too btw lol.

Cynthias house was nice but kind of creepy with all those windows and being in the woods. I'm not one for isolation and trees tho lol. It seems to be way too much for one person too but eh it's her life.

Peters a loser and Todd and Kandi are falling on my list and I used to like them quite a bit.

Mama Joyce can leave at anytime please. Are people really asking for more Mama Joyce scenes? She's a bitch and mean person and always yells too. It seems like she's not all there mentally. Previews for next episode show more of her which pls no and she seems to make some rude comment like usual.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Thank you. I don't think Phaedra is as pure as the driven snow, but it didn't seem like something she would just completely fabricate.

Hmmm. I don't know. My thoughts on this, after looking into it are as follows. This happened back in August, btw. The dude with the bomb threat was actually reported by Phaedra on TMZ or one of those websites as saying 'I have a bomb CD to give to Phaedra, it's about to blow up'. Security gets called, the police get called and Phaedra wants us to go on believing that it was all a miscommunication, that this guy, a rapper named 'Drama' who has done a lot of time in jail, was being profiled. She inferred that all he was saying was that he had this incredible CD that was about to take the world by storm, but his REPEATED choice of words led security and the police to believe he had a bomb, and in fact, MORE 'bomb' CDs in his car out on the street. There was no bomb. There was no grenade. The dude is the ex of a woman who Phaedra has been in court with and who wrote an expose of Phaedra. It's all too weird. The timing also, with Phaedra on her way without the kids to visit Apollo in prison. Her not filing for divorce, while leading us to believe she has. Phaedra is apparently not doing any legal work at all either. This is what I think might be going on:

1. Phaedra is deliberately not doing anything to make money because Apollo will go after it during the divorce. It seems believable that Phaedra may know a lot more about or be a lot more involved in Apollo's criminal activities than we know. That's possible. She may not have wanted to provoke him by filing for a divorce. Now he has a paper ring prison fiancee though, HE'S filing. So let the games begin. He's got to have a lot on her, but who knows what checks and balances she has put in place to ensure he doesn't speak. I still think she's doing the minimum to create revenue so she doesn't have to split any. I think she's been doing this for some time.

2. Suddenly Phaedra is all about the political. I know she's gone to events before etc, but she's also been raising 2 kids, becoming a mortician and a funeral director and practicing law. Now she's really stepping into the political arena. Could this 'bomb scare', where she's turned around and made excuses for the threat, which came from a guy she already knows, could that have been another platform for Phaedra to include in her new political campaigning? All this episode we've had both Phaedra and Sheree also on the subject of black men being profiled and harassed and murdered by police. It's too coinky dinky for me. And I'm NOT buying shady Phaedra as the next spokesperson, not that I have any say. But this is what the next episode is going to be about also. Porsha has the pedigree, but unfortunately doesn't seem to have ever bothered or been respectful enough to educate herself about her own family history and what her foundation stands for. (her family's foundation, I mean). Politics keeps Phaedra occupied, 'relevant' but not making a lot of money. Apollo is suddenly an asset to her instead of the massive liability the scrub actually is. 

Just my thoughts after much hunting and reading on this subject. One thing. It's all phoney as phuck. And I don't appreciate seeing Phaedra on my screen anymore.

• Love 6

Mama Joyce can leave at anytime please. Are people really asking for more Mama Joyce scenes? She's a bitch and mean person and always yells too. It seems like she's not all there mentally.

Don't forget manipulative! Remember during the whole RiDiculous (or however it is spelled) nonsense, she threw a hissy fit so the cameras and Kandi would pay attention to her? Shit, she had her own daughter feeling guilty about someone else bringing a stripper to said daughter's birthday party, and then played her daughter like a fiddle by having her chase after her on the street, begging Joyce to stay. What a piece of work Mama Joyce.

• Love 3

I've read a number of Matt's instagram posts, They are often long and rambling, like someone who isn't naturally comfortable with words, but is passionate about expressing themselves. Which makes sense when he's been duped and exploited and possibly painted as an abuser by Kenya. Kenya is probably now almost on a par with Vicki Gunvalson and Teresa Giudice on the low life scale. Faking a story about domestic violence and then downplaying it and pretending to be a saint that's trying to work with Matt's 'immaturity'...gtf outta here with that garbage.

I remember Kenya's first couple of episodes. She came onto this franchise trying to be HBIC. Ever since Porsha mangled her introduction at the Hosiah Williams foundation do, Kenya has gunned for Porsha. Kenya hates that Kenya is really not that relevant after the 90s. Kim Fields was the only one that handled her well and Kenya got violent with Kim. Kenya is careful to keep people around her that she can control. And that includes people who are weaker than she is that she KNOWS she can exploit and provoke into exploding. I will never forget how downright mean she was at Cynthia's model casting to those poor girls who were trying out. Remember the whole 'cootchie crack' episode? And Cynthia was too polite to kick her overentitled and deluded ass out of the Bailey Agency casting. If Kenya is the massive successful, intelligent independent woman that she claims to be (and she couldn't come up with the goods for Cynthia's 'mercial either, Kim got all of that done professionally and Kenya hated her for it), why aren't we seeing storylines of Kenya doing this on this show? Instead of this insult to anyone that has gone through DV and family violence? Kenya is the one that is dangerously unstable.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, AndySmith said:

Don't forget manipulative! Remember during the whole RiDiculous (or however it is spelled) nonsense, she threw a hissy fit so the cameras and Kandi would pay attention to her? Shit, she had her own daughter feeling guilty about someone else bringing a stripper to said daughter's birthday party, and then played her daughter like a fiddle by having her chase after her on the street, begging Joyce to stay. What a piece of work Mama Joyce.

Careful AndySmith! Kandi going to come looking for your ass in a minute! i'm almost too frightened myself to comment on the freakshow that is Mama Joyce because of Kandi. I feel sorry for Kandi, because she doesn't forget her roots and she has such a burden to bear with that beast of a mother. She insulted Todd's mother, wrecked a house that Kandi bought for her with a 'boyfriend' that did some 'renovations' then demanded another house. Hated on Kandi's boyfriends, and mostly because she's worried about getting a cut to her own check, in my opinion. She's truly heinous. and I don't find her entertaining or amusing AT ALL. She's all about the coins, that one. 

• Love 7

Phaedra wants to enter politics, either in the GA legislature or US Congress. Has her foundation done anything or filed a public accountability report? She should be careful. I think she has a shady history and running for public office is essentially an invitation for the world to go digging into your life.

I suspect Todd is "working so hard" in order to avoid being at home. I don't see any emotional or physical connection to Kandi. In the first episode this season, when he was going to take care of Ace, he picked the baby up and immediately complained about his back. What a loser. He's gaming Kandi for money, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's somehow profiting from the construction.

Nice job Sheree, putting your child's drug bust on TV. Kairo appears to barely tolerate her attention-seeking speeches and counseling. Maybe he agrees to be on TV in the hopes of an entertainment career.

Why would an attractive, vital woman move all the way out to a huge house in the distant suburbs/country? Did Cynthia actually buy the property, or was it all for TV? I love her Atlanta home and think she's a fool to sell it now. Hang on to the equity for now.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Phaedra and Porscha going on the political trail? . . . um, no thanks.  I have a feeling that the phone call notifying Phaedra about the bomb threat was redone for the cameras.  Why else ask the driver to pull over and stop the car and you just so happen to get the call?  Especially less than 10 miles from your destination?  Doesn't make sense.

I've been working in law for over twenty years, in both Atlanta and California.  Never had a bomb threat.  Had one threat against an attorney that I can recall but it was due to a personal matter, not from a client or former client.  So yeah, my mind immediately went to Apollo and I wondered if he was behind it somehow.  Especially since Phaedra said she was pushing to finalize the divorce and he was trying to hold things up. 

Actually, Phaedra got the call first and then had the driver pull over.  Eventually, it was a unfortunate misunderstanding between Drama, the rapper, and the office receptionist he talked with.  Being that he was on the wrong floor and when talking about a "bomb CD" and it would blow Phaedra's mind, the receptionist mistook it as he had a bomb and wanted to blow Phaedra up.  There was no bomb and no one asked what the guy meant before they arrested him.  He was later released that day.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, queenjen said:

Hmmm. I don't know. My thoughts on this, after looking into it are as follows. This happened back in August, btw. The dude with the bomb threat was actually reported by Phaedra on TMZ or one of those websites as saying 'I have a bomb CD to give to Phaedra, it's about to blow up'. Security gets called, the police get called and Phaedra wants us to go on believing that it was all a miscommunication, that this guy, a rapper named 'Drama' who has done a lot of time in jail, was being profiled. She inferred that all he was saying was that he had this incredible CD that was about to take the world by storm, but his REPEATED choice of words led security and the police to believe he had a bomb, and in fact, MORE 'bomb' CDs in his car out on the street. There was no bomb. There was no grenade. The dude is the ex of a woman who Phaedra has been in court with and who wrote an expose of Phaedra. It's all too weird. The timing also, with Phaedra on her way without the kids to visit Apollo in prison. Her not filing for divorce, while leading us to believe she has. Phaedra is apparently not doing any legal work at all either. This is what I think might be going on:

1. Phaedra is deliberately not doing anything to make money because Apollo will go after it during the divorce. It seems believable that Phaedra may know a lot more about or be a lot more involved in Apollo's criminal activities than we know. That's possible. She may not have wanted to provoke him by filing for a divorce. Now he has a paper ring prison fiancee though, HE'S filing. So let the games begin. He's got to have a lot on her, but who knows what checks and balances she has put in place to ensure he doesn't speak. I still think she's doing the minimum to create revenue so she doesn't have to split any. I think she's been doing this for some time.

2. Suddenly Phaedra is all about the political. I know she's gone to events before etc, but she's also been raising 2 kids, becoming a mortician and a funeral director and practicing law. Now she's really stepping into the political arena. Could this 'bomb scare', where she's turned around and made excuses for the threat, which came from a guy she already knows, could that have been another platform for Phaedra to include in her new political campaigning? All this episode we've had both Phaedra and Sheree also on the subject of black men being profiled and harassed and murdered by police. It's too coinky dinky for me. And I'm NOT buying shady Phaedra as the next spokesperson, not that I have any say. But this is what the next episode is going to be about also. Porsha has the pedigree, but unfortunately doesn't seem to have ever bothered or been respectful enough to educate herself about her own family history and what her foundation stands for. (her family's foundation, I mean). Politics keeps Phaedra occupied, 'relevant' but not making a lot of money. Apollo is suddenly an asset to her instead of the massive liability the scrub actually is. 

Just my thoughts after much hunting and reading on this subject. One thing. It's all phoney as phuck. And I don't appreciate seeing Phaedra on my screen anymore.

As Shady Phae would say, "something in the milk ain't clean."

• Love 2
16 hours ago, After7Only said:

I doubt Kandi would have a problem with the friendship.  From what we've seen, she is supportive of her friends and family members that have been in prison.  Going to jail for white collar crime is not immediate ground for ending friendships for a lot of people.  Martha Stewart is a felon who's spent time in jail, and no one judges people for being friends with her.   

You can't compare Martha to Apollo. Apollo is a career criminal and a thug, he has been in prison once and now is back there a second time, it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up there a third time. He's a useless opportunist who only knows how to get what he wants illegally and never thought about what the consequences of his actions could be to his children. He was even handed a better life on a silver platter with Phaedra and still couldn't make anything of himself. Nope, strip bars and ripping people off were his only concerns.  As a wife, I would have a big problem with my husband having a friend like that. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 11

Good lord, Matt might not be smooth, but everything he is saying sort of confirmed what we all expected...Kenya is fake as hell and this domestic abuse story line is for the show.

I love the way he called her out.  I do wonder what happened to her career.  It seems like she guest starred in a lot of sitcoms and was a video girl for some of the higher end rappers.  I wonder why she has to resort to a reality show?  Also, I think we never got the real Kenya.  Kim Fields, was a much more successful actress never seemed to be acting on the show.  Kenya is always "on" and has taken the part of "shit stirrer" on this franchise.

• Love 9

It makes no sense why a man, a BLACK man, in this day and age would agree to a DV/abuser portrayal. This is especially true for someone so intent on building a brand (as evidenced by his IG).

Yeah, Kenya does some fake shit, and there may be some truth to portions of what he says, but who would damage themselves and their own reputation intentionally? Does he want the public to think he is that stupid and short sighted but still buy what he is selling as the Matt Jordan Brand? It's not like he has a prior career or good rep to bounce back on. Let's be real, the majority of viewers don't engage in social media following or message board chats. All they see is this man breaking windows and raging followed by Kenya commentary on Bravo clips. There are plenty of "dating" storylines...him moving in, them "thinking about" having a baby, getting pets together, going on vacations, hell, even fake wedding talk and you chose "violence" for posterity?

So which is it, Matt? Are you an abuser or just stupid enough to agree to act like one on tv?

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

It makes no sense why a man, a BLACK man, in this day and age would agree to a DV/abuser portrayal. This is especially true for someone so intent on building a brand (as evidenced by his IG).

Yeah, Kenya does some fake shit, and there may be some truth to portions of what he says, but who would damage themselves and their own reputation intentionally? Does he want the public to think he is that stupid and short sighted but still buy what he is selling as the Matt Jordan Brand? It's not like he has a prior career or good rep to bounce back on. Let's be real, the majority of viewers don't engage in social media following or message board chats. All they see is this man breaking windows and raging followed by Kenya commentary on Bravo clips. There are plenty of "dating" storylines...him moving in, them "thinking about" having a baby, getting pets together, going on vacations, hell, even fake wedding talk and you chose "violence" for posterity?

So which is it, Matt? Are you an abuser or just stupid enough to agree to act like one on tv?

I used to wonder something similar about Kenya though. Why would a gorgeous black beauty queen/model/actress purposely ruin her reputation and legacy for a reality show? No she hasn't shown herself to be a domestic abuser but she has portrayed herself as violent, petty, fake, mean, shady, and crazy. 

I don't get why people do this stuff either but there must be some kind of draw. 

As it relates to Matt, I dont know what's real and ehat isnt but he doesn't seem too bright and I can believe he's the type who thinks it's not really abuse if you don't hit the person. And I can see him "turning up" for the camera thinking he's on his way to acting fame.

• Love 9

This past weekend I happened to drive by the prison where (I understand) Apollo and JoeGui (RHoNJ) are residing; I shouted out the appropriate greeting and was promptly hit in my shoulder by my non-bravo-watching friend.  Anyway, I kept trying to map out the route Phaedra took from Philly to Ft. Dix and where she had her driver pull over, but couldn't quite figure it out.  Seemed to me like they were driving around in circles...

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

This past weekend I happened to drive by the prison where (I understand) Apollo and JoeGui (RHoNJ) are residing; I shouted out the appropriate greeting and was promptly hit in my shoulder by my non-bravo-watching friend.  Anyway, I kept trying to map out the route Phaedra took from Philly to Ft. Dix and where she had her driver pull over, but couldn't quite figure it out.  Seemed to me like they were driving around in circles...

Please tell me you were going to build one of those road side shrines made of failed HoWife merchandise!

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Please tell me you were going to build one of those road side shrines made of failed HoWife merchandise!

Remember to include all those unsold copies of the donkey booty videos.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

Please throw in a copy of Andy Cohen's new book that he is constantly hawking on WWHL.

• Love 4