Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: Shade Grenade

• Start Topic

Id love if couple time, family time, or events each of them do alone doesnt involve gossip about the other housewives.

I liked Sheree's scene with her son, and wish the show wad more about real life then petty shade over houses...etc.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, BloggerAloud said:

Did anybody else think that Kandi's delivery of the news about the bomb/grenade thing at Phaedra's office seem weird? It was like she was trying not to laugh or something. 

Yes!  And, Todd had a huge grin on his face!

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

Did anybody else think that Kandi's delivery of the news about the bomb/grenade thing at Phaedra's office seem weird? It was like she was trying not to laugh or something. 

I could be wrong, way off base, but Kandi/Todd came across as enjoying/getting their giggles at the idea of some guy threatening to blow up Phaedra's office building. Do they think it enjoyable/funny that someone basically threatened to kill Phaedra? Oh, and Peter/Todd still keep in contact with Apollo? I suspect these 2 asses, especially Peter, helped Apollo hide the money he stole! 

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Yes!  And, Todd had a huge grin on his face!

To me, Todd and Kandi have stepped into a very bad area that crosses a line in my opinion when it comes to how they shade Phaedra.  From having Mama Joyce wishing that Phaedra was in prison with Apollo; to Todd agreeing with Mama Joyce on that; to Todd grinning about Phaedra getting a bomb threat; to Mama Joyce shading Phaedra about the bomb threat in the previews; they are going too damned far.  And Phaedra is the one who got Todd and Kandi together in the first place!  Yes, Phaedra threw a few shade bombs at Todd in "Workout video-gate", but the things they are going at Phaedra with this season are in the worst of bad taste to say the least.  They are only making themselves look like assholes of the greatest magnitude.  And Kandi, Todd's stanky balls are none of my business.  You can keep that mess to yourself!  Pew!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 24
57 minutes ago, swankie said:

Hold Up!  I DO NOT!  I mean DO NOT want to ever see Todd or anyone else licking Kandi's or anyone else's ass ever again!  Damn Bravo!  What's wrong with you people?!  Are you that desperate for ratings?!  And I'm not shading Kandi because I think she looks very good for just having a baby, but I am not interested in seeing her short ass in a negligee in order to participate in a date night sex romp set up by MAMA JOYCE!  EWWWWW!  That just messes with my head in a really bad way.  You people are stupid!!!  STOP IT!!!!!!!!  And then, as Todd is licking his wife's ass, they're having a conversation about Peter and Cynthia.  Huh?!  Is that how you put yourself in the mood?  Talk about freaks!

I haven't watched this episode nor do I think I shall ever watch this episode lest my brain short circuit like a host in Westworld. Or maybe I do want my brain to work like a host and just refuse to see that Todd and Kandi scene.

"Doesn't look like anything to me."

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Even Kenya had the good sense to feign concern about Phaedra and her sons when Kandi relayed the grenade story.  Don't know if she was sincere, but, at least she came off better than Kandi and Todd.  

She did in this episode but in the preview for next week, her "good sense" didn't last long.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Even Kenya had the good sense to feign concern about Phaedra and her sons when Kandi relayed the grenade story.  Don't know if she was sincere, but, at least she came off better than Kandi and Todd.

I'm not sure about Kandi because she has that "teeth gritting" smile on her face all the time, but Todd was sure enough smiling.  And I think Kenya was sincere when she made her comment about it.  As much as she shades and plays victim, I think she has a compassionate bone when it comes to serious situations.  She looked like she meant it to me.  (But being Kenya, she had to show her true self by making fun of Sheree's speech impediment.  How low Kenya!  Shameful really).  But again, Todd came off looking like the bobblehead douchbag that he is.  What a piece of crap he is!

Cynthia dear!  Cynthia!  Do you really think we believe you when you say that Peter isn't interested in getting part of the proceeds from selling your house?  Do you actually take us for fools enough to believe that the only reason he "in my opinion INSISTS!" that you sell your house is because he doesn't want to see you living with someone else in it?  Girl please!  We are not that damn dumb!  Not only is he getting part of the proceeds from the sale of your house, he's probably going to talk you out of your half of it.  Stop being stupid Cynthia!  Damn!

Edited by swankie
To add more comments.
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, swankie said:

Cynthia dear!  Cynthia!  Do you really think we believe you when you say that Peter isn't interested in getting part of the proceeds from selling your house?  Do you actually take us for fools enough to believe that the only reason he "in my opinion INSISTS!" that you sell your house is because he doesn't want to see you living with someone else in it?  Girl please!  We are not that damn dumb!  Not only is he getting part of the proceeds from the sale of your house, he's probably going to talk you out of your half of it.  Stop being stupid Cynthia!  Damn!

I wasn't paying attention to Cynthia's scenes, but didn't she say she wanted to keep the house if they got divorced? Did I miss Peter talk her out of it?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

I wasn't paying attention to Cynthia's scenes, but didn't she say she wanted to keep the house if they got divorced? Did I miss Peter talk her out of it?

Cynthia actually said she's selling the house at Peter's request.  That's why they show her and Noelle looking for another house.  On the phone, she actually tells Kenya that she submitted an offer on the new house.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I could be wrong, way off base, but Kandi/Todd came across as enjoying/getting their giggles at the idea of some guy threatening to blow up Phaedra's office building. Do they think it enjoyable/funny that someone basically threatened to kill Phaedra? Oh, and Peter/Todd still keep in contact with Apollo? I suspect these 2 asses, especially Peter, helped Apollo hide the money he stole! 

Well, if Peter did, you can probably safely bet that Apollo won't have a penny of it left when he gets out of jail!  ;-)

46 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

Romance scenes on these shows always make me want to vomit because you have to think of all the production people who are standing around while you film this alleged intimate moment.

I totally fast-forwarded through all of that.  Even on FF, there was more than I wanted to see.

• Love 3

I loved that house!  Do ex-husbands normally have the right to request you buy a new house because they don't want you living in the same house that they did with someone else?  But, they're not going to profit from the sale of the house?  Yeah.  I didn't think so.

• Love 18

Matt is so damn immature, I can't. Being petulant over a Throwback Thursday picture? Knowing Kenya there is probably more to the story, but throwing a fit and running off to his overprotective sister? Matt, please stop making me side with Kenya. I don't like this place. I feel like I'm in the Upside Down when Kenya seems to be levelheaded.

The show needed to do it old-school and fade to black during that Todd and Kandi scene. Literal ass-kissing! That whole setup was too much. It's one thing to have a close relationship with your parents, but setting up your daughter's afternoon delight with handcuffs and sex toys? Noooo.

I don't know how anyone takes that congresswoman seriously with that damn hat. Does she wear that in meetings? Do Barack and Michelle clown her during pillow talk?

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 16
28 minutes ago, swankie said:

18 minutes ago, swankie said:

Cynthia actually said she's selling the house at Peter's request.  That's why they show her and Noelle looking for another house.  At the end, she actually tells Kenya that she submitted an offer on the new house.

I cannot believe that Cynthia thinks that she can get one over on the viewers with her comments about WHY Peter wants her to sell the house!  It wouldn't surprise me that he demanded either 1/2 or all of the proceeds as a divorce settlement from Cynthia, and she, who has no backbone, caved into his demand request.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I loved that house!  Do ex-husbands normally have the right to request you buy a new house because they don't want you living in the same house that they did with someone else?  But, they're not going to profit from the sale of the house?  Yeah.  I didn't think so.

If she wants to keep it she has to buy him out of the equity and it's obvious she doesn't have that capital. He is legally entitled to half. i think at this point she doesn't have the money for a mortgage on a new property or credit standing since Pete fucked it up, but Bravo will put up some dough for the new house search or front her on a new property or rental in her name alone since it's a storyline. What a mess but everyone warned her and he was open about his fuckshit. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

If she wants to keep it she has to buy him out of the equity and it's obvious she doesn't have that capital. He is legally entitled to half.

Is this true even if Cynthia owned the house before she and Peter married?  Also, why wouldn't Cynthia protect her interest in HER house in the prenup?  Isn't that what prenups are for?  To protect your assets in case your marriage crumbles?  Also, in the same light, doesn't Peter have to give Cynthia half of his business proceeds? (We all know that Cynthia fronted the money for those also, but I'm asking this hypothetically).

Edited by swankie
To add more comments.
  • Love 12

Are mama's setting up their married children's sex romps in their homes nowadays, is that what we're doing now?  What happened to grandma coming and taking the baby overnight or for the weekend so you and your mate can have some alone time.  Mama Joyce is too involved.  I can't with this show.

• Love 13
Just now, NowVoyager said:

Sheree's son:

So tall. So handsome. So stupid.

I didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth. Not a word!

Unfortunately Kairo is at that age where he's going to have to learn a lot of life lessons the hard way.  You think you're grown but you haven't learned enough to make the right choices.  Why are you driving with expired tags in the first place?  And why are you smoking pot and driving with expired tags?  In the ATL?!  That's the south son!  It's like you're extending a written invitation to the police to mess with you.  And this after witnessing real life confessionals from mothers of slain young black men at the million man march.  Ugh!  These young black men just don't get it!

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

If I had to go to the DNC with Porsha (civil rights are in her blood!) I'd need a whole bucket of Flock-o afterwards.

What's Flock-o? Bob mentioned it during the drug talk with his son & I had no idea what he was talking about

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NowVoyager said:

What's Flock-o? Bob mentioned it during the drug talk with his son & I had no idea what he was talking about

Could Bob be speaking of flakka?  It's that drug that makes people walk around like zombies.  I googled flocko and it brought up a totally non drug related definition.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 3

I don't believe for one second that Matt was mad about a TBT pic. First of all that pic is almost as old as Matt so why should he care? Secondly, what grown ass woman is trying to compare her relationship to Oprah and Stedman, bragging about buying Gucci belts for their young piece? I thought it was very generous of Kandi to let Kenya pretend they're the same level of celebrity.  Kudos to  Bravo for this convoluted reason to show a pic of Kenya with Jay-Z on his birthday.

I hate to say it but Cynthia needs a good dose of Nene's sound effects and facial expressions as she goes through this divorce. Nene could make Cynthia see that she owes Peter nothing. Speaking of...why the hell am I still looking at Peter's mug? I empathize with Cynthia's pain but I thought the silver-lining would be NOT seeing Peter on my screen.

I ff'd through all things Kandi and Todd.  I get that Phaedra and Kandi aren't friends anymore but when my ex-friend had a car accident I got right on the phone to check in. A friendship dying off because of shadiness is reparable IMO so I was very disappointed that Kandi's first reaction wasn't to check up on her once "close friend". YMMV

No matter how many goddamn hashtags we use or videos we share, some asshole is gonna insist we not believe our lying eyes about police brutality.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 13

when my ex-friend had a car accident I got right on the phone to check in. A friendship dying off because of shadiness is reparable IMO so I was very disappointed that Kandi's first reaction wasn't to check up on her once "close friend". YMMV

She knew that Phaedra was in DC. 

I

Bravo will put up some dough for the new house search or front her on a new property or rental in her name alone since it's a storyline.

Bravo doesn't do this, from what my friend who works on the show told me. Their housing is on them. Cars, furniture, etc... all their responsibility. A lot of them lease cars and furniture just for the show, then turn it in when filming is over. Remember Sheree's air mattresses? It's why NeNe, Porsha, Kim Fields and others have filed for bankruptcy or have had liens put on their property. They either don't have the money, or had it from Bravo and spent it stupidly. And it's why women get bounced from the show if they can't keep up the "rich" lifestyle. Ask Brandi Granville, who was evicted from her rental once the people who owned it saw how trashy she was.

Bravo pays for trips shown on the show, and accommodations. They pay for meals when they dine out on the show. 

As to this episode, I've not watched yet and thankfully won't have to. No way do I want to see Todd/Kandi/dirty balls all in the same scene. 

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 8

I didn't understand the business of Todd's stankey balls. Distasteful though it is, can someone explain? I thought it was some new found religious thing for a bit, cos Kandi mentioned it along with his growing his beard and being busy. Cleanliness is next to sexiness in my world, so that made that nasty scene set up by MJ all the more vom inducing. 

No one's mentioned this yet, but I SWEAR when Phaedra invited Porsha to the DNC thing, that Porsha truly said that as Hosiah Williams Granddaughter, silver rights is in her blood! Did anyone else catch this? I had a little flashback then to when Porsha first joined the cast. My impression of her then was very respectful due to her heritage and her involvement in the Hosiah Williams foundation. It was like 'at last'! But no. Apparently not. Then we had the whole literal underground railway debacle. 

I thought Cynthia's house was bought and owned by Cynthia and protected by a prenup. I suspect Cynthia is doing Cynthia here, and actually wants to move because she doesn't want to relive the memories of being in the house with Peter. Not the other way around, as she is saying. Good for her, regardless.

Cynthia and Kandi are the only two in this franchise that I feel are in any way 'real' at this point. Phaedra is not divorced from Apollo. And I believe more and more what Mama Joyce hinted at regarding Phaedra. She's crooked and probably close to being right along beside Apollo. Maybe she is having to do things the way he wants them due to her connection with his case. She's got to be walking a very dubious line. And why was she going to visit Apollo? And why didn't she bring the kids? Then there's Porsha, who's relationship with 'Todd' is another fraud. Sheree and Bob are not in a relationship, Bob is with someone else. Is he looking more pinheaded than usual? Maybe it's the weight he's lost recently. It will be a minor miracle if Sheree's house is not seized, before it gets finished. By the time that happens, she'll be on her own, or maybe just with her youngest daughter, so what is the point of a nasty turreted eyesore this large? 

The worst is Kenya. This relationship is another Kenya fiction. Like every relationship Kenya has had on this show. Why, dammit?! And this is all sorts of wrong. She minimized Matt's abusive and violent behavior by referring to it as his 'immaturity': he likes to smash things up when he gets like this. No. You don't make light of destroying property and threatening behavior on national television. It's not responsible and it's appalling modeling for the enormous audience this franchise has. I think Kandi and Todd are well aware of this, to me it sounded really forced when Kandi said to Todd that their's was the last remaining relationship in their circle of friends, apart from Kenya and Matt. And no one looked surprised when he didn't show up at the ATV thing. I'd never excuse violent abusive behavior being a survivor of it, but I find Kenya's choice of a MUCH younger man, who she constantly describes as immature very suspicious. Nothing wrong with age differences, I'm not saying that. But Kenya is an instigator and she loves to 'poke the psycho' and then scream victim. She was condescending when she met his family also, again referring to Matt's immaturity, which wouldn't be an issue if they were the same age. I just don't understand why this fiction of being in a relationship with this man is continuing, as it forces the rest of the cast to play along with it also. I just don't understand why this has to happen.  The Kenya/Matt relationship is disrespectful to anyone who has experienced domestic and family violence and I find the charade sickening and bewildering. 

And yes, I also immediately thought 'Glamis' when they went ATVing. I wonder who ate the tacky Gucci cake? How boring was that segment anyway? No cake at the spread after the ATV riding. I also wish they'd given Lena a peach instead of either Kenya or Porsha or Phaedra or Sheree at this point. Wonder why she was 'under the weather' on the day. Her husband seems personable and well spoken also. It'd be really cool to see more of THAT.

Edited by queenjen
  • Love 5

Kenya is just so pathetic. I thought it was really tacky of her to invite Kandi and her husband to the couples thing, right in front of Cynthia. You can't find time later in the day to do that? Nice. Then this supposed "strong, independent" woman is laughing off her boyfriend's extreme jealousy and aggressive behavior. "I hope he gets over his sillyness". Sillyness? No. Sillyness is when your dumbass boyfriend farts in bed and traps you under the covers. Banging walls and throwing things is not sillyness. It's a problem. I would be single for life before I'd deal with that shit. 

Re Sheree's son: how DO cops determine one has had too much pot to drive? I'm just genuinely curious. Is there a breathalyzer for that as well? I'm pro legalized pot, even though I don't smoke it myself. I don't really care what people do, but you definitely shouldn't be driving while you're impaired from ANY substance. I hope Cairo learns his lesson and sticks to his studies. It was interesting to hear that Bob has a medical marijuana card. Clearly cannabis does not help with excessive sweating. 

SUPER awkward to have your mom set up a sex romp for you and a husband. I totally FF the following scenes with Kandi and Todd. 

Oh, and thank you, Todd, for keeping Peter and his words of wisdom on our screen. I loved how that old man tried to claim Cynthia was never supportive of him. That woman bankrolled you for YEARS. And you ran off to play in another state. I fucking hate him. 

What I did love was Cynthia's new lakehouse! It was a bit more modern than I like, but the surroundings were so beautiful and tranquil. I would totally live there. 

That bomb/grenade business is scary as hell. Not going to lie, my first thought was Apollo. But I guess lawyers must get a lot of hate on a regular basis. 

• Love 10

And I believe more and more what Mama Joyce hinted at regarding Phaedra. She's crooked and probably close to being right along beside Apollo.

I always thought it was weird that an entertainment lawyer wanted to open a funeral home (or whatever the specifics of that business are). I mean, if she was an estate planner or someone who deals with wills/inheritances, I can kind of see her maybe offering that as an extra one-stop shopping service - we won't just take care of your family and money after you die, we'll take care of you as well! - but as an entertainment lawyer?

Wasn't one of the things Apollo was busted for was identity theft and fraud? Working with the dead would be a great way to get access to people's identities...

• Love 7

I am not going to watch this episode if it involves ass licking and stanky balls.  Thanks everyone for the heads up.

10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I haven't watched this episode nor do I think I shall ever watch this episode lest my brain short circuit like a host in Westworld. Or maybe I do want my brain to work like a host and just refuse to see that Todd and Kandi scene.

"Doesn't look like anything to me."

Lord, they coming for you...cause you just murdered with that one.

I think the Matt/Kenya relationship is as fake as a three dollar bill.  When she talks about him, she uses the same type of bad acting as when she played the "hot girl" in the nineties sitcoms.  Look to old school Martin for some of her best work (she played the wife of Martin's boss, who dressed ultra sexy and Gina got jealous "Damn Gina , I like my women classy, not assy!")

First, Kenya is going to marry a guy with money.  Even Walter had his is own tow truck business.  If he does not have money, I think she would rather be on her own.

Second, if she does go for a younger man/sugar baby type, I think she would go for a light skinned/green eyed brother.  Despite being the first beautiful dark skinned Miss U.S.A, she has always been very color struck to me, as evidenced by the type of sperm donors she wanted and her attraction to Apollo.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I don't know how anyone takes that congresswoman seriously with that damn hat. Does she wear that in meetings?

My thoughts exactly. 

51 minutes ago, queenjen said:

I didn't understand the business of Todd's stankey balls. Distasteful though it is, can someone explain? I thought it was some new found religious thing for a bit, cos Kandi mentioned it along with his growing his beard and being busy. Cleanliness is next to sexiness in my world, so that made that nasty scene set up by MJ all the more vom inducing. 

I think she was trying to make a point of how busy he is. As in, he's been working at the restaurant non-stop and hasn't had time for a shower. But....um...ew. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

The show needed to do it old-school and fade to black during that Todd and Kandi scene. Literal ass-kissing! That whole setup was too much. It's one thing to have a close relationship with your parents, but setting up your daughter's afternoon delight with handcuffs and sex toys? Noooo.

This is the same Mamma Joyce who walked out of the scene with "Rediculous" in Kandy's first season because it was too raunchy.   

• Love 9
1 hour ago, queenjen said:

The worst is Kenya. This relationship is another Kenya fiction. Like every relationship Kenya has had on this show. Why, dammit?! And this is all sorts of wrong. She minimized Matt's abusive and violent behavior by referring to it as his 'immaturity': he likes to smash things up when he gets like this.

And yes, I also immediately thought 'Glamis' when they went ATVing.

Did Kenya claim Matt went on the warpath after she posted an old photo of her with another man?

Yes, I thought of Glamis and wondered who was going to have a wreck.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

Yes, but I got the feeling they didn't think it was real; like it could be manufactured drama by Bravo.

• Love 6

So, did Todd wash his stanky balls before him and Kandi had sex?  Eww!  Also, that thing Kandi was laying on did not look very comfortable.  

Is Cynthia going to move miles away from her current home and uproot Noel from her school?  Isn't she a senior?  Also who needs 6 effin bedrooms for 2 people?  Guess she has to join the Mc Mansion crowd. I like her old house.

Why did Phaedra have the driver pull the car over for the call?  Seems like a recreation for me.  Nothing was said about what had happened when she told the driver to pull over.  

Does Georgia have medical marijuana?  Where did Bob get his medical card?  Can one just go to any state, that is legal and get one?  I need to know! LOL

It's all so very vexing!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SuzWhat said:

This is the same Mamma Joyce who walked out of the scene with "Rediculous" in Kandy's first season because it was too raunchy.   

Well, since then Kandi started her "toy" business since then, Joyce will do any and all to keep the money rolling in so Kandi can pay for her, Joyce's, lifestyle, including supporting said "toys". LOL

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Carmen apparently said she saw in on the news. Has there been anything online about this supposed grenade/bomb threat?

It was reported in the legit press as well as in the blogs. Oh, and it was reported on the network news, ABC/CBS/NBC.

• Love 3