Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Go Getters

halgia
  • Start Topic

Let me put a finer point on something mentioned above. I don't think Rick would willingly agree to give even Spencer to Negan. But I can see Rick making a deal with Negan. Something like this:

Rick to Negan, after something Spencer's done to raise the ire of Negan: "I know you want to kill him, Negan. He IS a prick. But he's my prick. So, let me handle it. Next time you come back, you can say a prayer over the poor boy's grave, if you're so inclined."

I can see Rick doing that. (Now, would Rick actually kill him or maybe just banish him, I can't really say. All depends upon Rick's mood.)

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

But which people? Who's willing to sign up for that? I'm actually with Rick. For now. Negan's group is far too big. They control everyone in the area. Negan is sadistic and ruthless. Who will he target if Rick pisses him off? Not Rick. He'll target Carl, Judith...Michonne, if he figures out they're together. This isn't a group you act rashly with, IMO. You bide your time and plan intelligently. In all honestly, I would have left right after they got back from the woods. I'm sure they didn't because of Daryl. But Daryl sucks, and I'd have left his greasy ass. Since they've opted not to run, they need to take their time with retribution. Hit Negan when he doesn't see it coming. 

Except Rick wouldn't intentionally give people up to Negan. Not in my opinion. He also would know the names of people in his community, and fob them off as some afterthought. Rick has done questionable things from time to time, sure, but I've always had the impression that he CARES about his people and what happens to them. I don't get that vibe with Gregory, at all. 

I wouldn't mind Rick telling the group to bide its time while they gather weapons and figure out a way to fight Neagan.  But, Rick's attitude seems to be "This is our life now.  We will be Neagan's slaves for the rest of our lives.  Try to make the best of it."

The old Rick would have told Coral to shoot Neagan in the head, or would have beaten him to a bloody pulp with his own precious Lucille, when he had the chance...and it would have worked out.

• Love 5

Bryce Lynch, I don't totally disagree with you. But, maybe Rick's concerned that there might be a mole or spy that's hanging around. (Under the circumstances, I could see someone like Spencer trying to "deal" with Negan by ratting out Rick.) Plus, the other thing, I think we have to cut Rick some slack right now given everything he's gone through. Yes, other people witnessed it, but it is all (or most of it) on Rick's back

Now, what I don't understand is why he isn't confiding in Michonne? (I can understand not confiding in Carl. He's too hot-tempered.) I remember the first night after they got to Alexandria. Rick was on the porch with (I think) Daryl and Carol. And he basically said that if "these people don't wise up, they [Rick's people] will take over Alexandria." Unless, he's just in too much shock now.

Another thought: the writers of this show suck. It could be that Rick is even now planning something, but TPTB has chosen not to show even a crumb of that to the audience. Which, maybe, I can understand. Better to get the audience all whipped up by showing how "beaten" Rick is, then all of sudden let him go all Carol by whipping out assault rifles from his sleeves. And we'll find out that Father Gabriel was in on it with Rick from the very beginning.

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 6

I think this season has dulled my "watching skills", lol. Kudos to everyone's posts. Such better writing here than on the show. I must have missed something important. I know FPP made a dummy grave and they're all hiding maggie. I just don't know WHY Maggie has to be hidden? I must have missed it. Surely, it isn't another oversight by the writers because I haven't seen anyone else ask.

Edited by leisawoo
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Gregory is a fucking douche and I didn't care what they did to him. I'm glad they took all of his scotch. In fact, let's start calling him George just for the hell of it. 

Only if George likes his chicken spicy.

I've actually been wondering if the guy is capable of remembering more than three names. "Well, um... I'm Gregory. And I think I remember something about a guy with long hair and a beard being named Jesus. Oh, and there's a bad guy named Negan! Charles Hardwich is always talking about how scary he is on that 'Topping Death' show." Which is why the other bad guys eventually got tired of being called Natalie and Mr. Chicken and Purple Accordion Spork and said "Yeah, from now on, we're all Negan, okay?"

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

I don't know that we do know this about the new whipped Rick, particularly if it were two randoms he doesn't consider his people.  We've seen him turn away or refuse people before when he was in a lot less dire straits than he is now (i.e., season 3 hitchhiker, Tyreese's entire crew, Noah with the lollicops), in addition to that one time he was going to hand Michonne over to the Guv to almost certainly be tortured and killed.  We tend to give Rick the benefit of the doubt and assume he wouldn't in most cases because we've spent plenty of time with him and know that he almost always means well but even that may depend on whether you're dealing with crazy or noncrazy Rick.  

I don't find Gregory a particular warm and fuzzy leader either as much as a go along to get along kind of guy.  But he's obviously done well enough by the Hilltoppers that no one has ever thought at least in Jesus' memory to challenge his leadership.  Of course, that probably says as much as about the Hilltoppers as it does him.  

Rick turned Tyreese, Sasha, Allen, and his son away because he was hallucinating after Lori's death and also told them that he didn't want to bring anyone else into the group in fear of losing them as a result of Oscar's death. He blamed himself for Oscar's death cause he hallucinated that he seen Shane. 

Rick is known to do this when he loses people in his group because he doesn't want to lose anyone. He isn't whipped, the death of Abe & Glenn in the same night has affected him. When Negan came Olivia almost died as a result of Spencer and Rick didn't want to lose anyone else from ASZ. Michonne is trying to get him to fight back but Rick told her that they don't have the numbers to do so even if they had Hilltop's help. Rick didn't know that Negan has that many Saviors, he thought when they attacked one of their bases that they killed a majority of them but they only killed a small fraction. What is Rick suppose to do as soon as Negan arrives shoot Negan in the head, he'll be met with an array of bullets from his Saviors.

Rick is good at planning that's how he's been able to get rid of Terminus, ward of Woodbury when they first attacked them, and kill some of the Saviors. When Rick sees what they're truly up against and how many men Negan has, I'm sure he'll think of a way to get rid of them. 

• Love 3

This was the first time I didn't watch live (Iwatched the Packers game instead and they gave the walkers a run for their money!).I don't know what it is, I am just not as engaged this time around. I like Maggie but I hate the TV trope where a doctor tells you to rest and you are too badass to follow medical advice.. Maggie is risking her own life and that of her baby. I  also don't get why Rick and his group always assume they need to be the leader everywhere they go; I don't think they are especiallly competent and I would like to see them just try to fit in once in awhile rather than take over.

I was wondering where Judith was, I understand Father Gabriel (I like him now so I"m not using  FPP anymore), watches Judith when Rick goes off, but it is a bit presumptuous to think he should be a full time nanny. 

I will never understand Negan and his men. By coming in and destroying things, you no longer have goods to take. It also seems like they are purposely causing a lot of anger and resentment and they know a lot of their people have been taken out for this very reason. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, leisawoo said:

I think this season has dulled my "watching skills", lol. Kudos to everyone's posts. Such better writing here than on the show. I must have missed something important. I know FPP made a dummy grave and they're all hiding. I just don't know WHY Maggie has to be hidden? I must have missed it. Surely, it isn't another oversight by the writers because I haven't seen anyone else ask.

No, you didn't miss anything. I would bet my paltry life savings a scene was cut out. I think they correctly surmised Maggie was a prime candidate for Negan to claim for himself and possibly sexually subjugate as a way to torture Rick even more. He killed Rick's crew, tortured his son, and enslaved his right hand man--showing he can basically traffick the women in Rick's crew is a logical leap to make.  Maggie's the most physically vulnerable right now and he knew they had left Alexandria to find help for her. He seemed to indicate he had an opening for widows at the pussy bar, and her sickness at the time and (understandably) extreme reaction to Glen's death made her stick out to him more than Michonne, Sasha and Rosita.

TL;DR: Taking precautions against future power games would have been a valuable and interesting scene so they probably deleted it.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

I don't mind Gregory. He's an asshole, yes but at least he's a real asshole and not a cartoon character frat boy with witty zingers. I loved when Sasha was begging for Maggie to stay because she's pregnant and Greg said, "That's her mistake." That was the first time I actually agreed with a character all season. Who in their right fucking mind would get pregnant during a zombie apocalypse? I know it can happen accidentally but they gave the impression that they took no precautions. And they were happy when they found out. And then redhead asks for advice on how to bring another baby into this situation. If I found out I was pregnant during a zombie apocalypse I would not be happy. How could you be? A baby could suffer or be killed violently. Point is, I was glad he told her off on that one and yeah they needed to get the hell up outta there. Rick would have said the same to protect his people.

The roller skates. Oh dear. Do you know how hard it is to skate on boots that are too large or too small? What are the chances that Coral found two pair of adult sized quad skates on the side of the road, wheels ready for outdoor skating instead of indoor wood flooring, and also sized just right for Carl and that girl who does absolutely nothing for the show and shouldn't be there? Who in the hell was like, "Oh god, honey there are zombies in the yard! It must be a zombie apocalypse! Quick! Pack up the skates!"??? Get the fuck outta here. 

• Love 19

Here's what I don't get. Negan has his whole group on a leash. They are scared to death of him. He surrounds himself with bullies and thugs who are willing to do all the dirty work he can't be bothered with. They go out and prey on lesser communities. But Negan's whole system of control is predicated on a "piss me off and I won't kill you but someone you care about". Me. One guy. With a baseball bat. Sure, if you make a move like Daryl did in the premiere Negan will kill someone...except, not if he's dead. If Carl had shot him or Rick had used Lucille on him, Negan couldn't hurt anybody. Oh sure, he has an army but they were following him. Without Negan they'd start jockeying for control. They'd probably destroy themselves, or at least be easier picking for Rick and his group. Well, maybe not now, since he gave away all their damn guns, but nothing about this season makes sense to me. Negan is a singular threat, and somehow after all these years, after all the walkers and cannibals and the Governor, he's the one thing in the apocalypse Rick and his people can't beat, so why bother trying?

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, GodsBeloved said:

Come on now. If Gabriel dies who's going to watch Judith? Her father, her brother? Or will Morgan be the next manny LOL

Carol can babysit & threaten to tie her to a tree and feed her to the zombies if she doesn't get in line.

34 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I  also don't get why Rick and his group always assume they need to be the leader everywhere they go; I don't think they are especiallly competent and I would like to see them just try to fit in once in awhile rather than take over.

Thank you!  I don't get that either.  Sasha & Maggie were pissing me off acting like the Rickettes with Jesus, telling him that he better start being a leader when he said himself he's not one.  They can say what they want, but his philosophy has kept him alive thus far, why should he change to appease those two?  Is Rick's group that arrogant that they think their was is the only way? 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, J----av said:

You would forgive them if they make an even more terrible scene?

I don't consider Maggie beating Negan to death with Lucille a terrible scene.  To me, if that happened, it would be an excellent Christmas gift.

I like Sasha and Maggie's friendship, and I would like to see more of it.  It would be great if Maggie and Sasha took out the Saviors ala Carol and Terminus.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

This was the first time I didn't watch live (Iwatched the Packers game instead and they gave the walkers a run for their money!).I don't know what it is, I am just not as engaged this time around. I like Maggie but I hate the TV trope where a doctor tells you to rest and you are too badass to follow medical advice.. Maggie is risking her own life and that of her baby. I  also don't get why Rick and his group always assume they need to be the leader everywhere they go; I don't think they are especiallly competent and I would like to see them just try to fit in once in awhile rather than take over.

I was wondering where Judith was, I understand Father Gabriel (I like him now so I"m not using  FPP anymore), watches Judith when Rick goes off, but it is a bit presumptuous to think he should be a full time nanny. 

I will never understand Negan and his men. By coming in and destroying things, you no longer have goods to take. It also seems like they are purposely causing a lot of anger and resentment and they know a lot of their people have been taken out for this very reason. 

I am on the verge of Taping the show & watching it later. There are too many commercials. It's boring watching Carl & Enid escape all the time. Rick needs a vacation

Tje Saviors are dumb to try & destroy hilltop

15 hours ago, HighMaintenance said:

How did the Gremlin get into Hilltop.  More importantly, who knew that a 1970's Gremlin was still around AND had a killer sound system???

I don't watch Talking dead any more. Did that car get an "In Memoriam"?

Because it totally should have.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CletusMusashi said:

Only if George likes his chicken spicy.

This made me think of the Hound and his love for chicken, and how *I* would love if he could chop Negan and his crew with his axe, with maybe some knife-through-eyesocket thrown in. 

• Love 4

I am going to take a break from this show and start watching again after this Negan story is finished.  I hate that the Saviors are so mean-spirited but they are also very impractical.  They pulled up to the Hilltop in 3 (or was it 4?) really big trucks and took half of their stuff.  There are 3 groups scavenging for Negan...pretty soon everything that can be scavenged will be gone.  Soon the scavengers won't have enough supplies to keep up their own strength and will say "fine, you win.  Kill us."   Plus, how many "soldiers" does Negan have?  Where are they coming from?  Rick's group has killed a bunch (the outpost, the motorcycle gang that Daryl took out with the Rocket launcher, etc.)  There were several of Negan's men who jumped out of the trucks at Hilltop. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

No, you didn't miss anything. I would bet my paltry life savings a scene was cut out. I think they correctly surmised Maggie was a prime candidate for Negan to claim for himself and possibly sexually subjugate as a way to torture Rick even more. He killed Rick's crew, tortured his son, and enslaved his right hand man--showing he can basically traffick the women in Rick's crew is a logical leap to make.  Maggie's the most physically vulnerable right now and he knew they had left Alexandria to find help for her. He seemed to indicate he had an opening for widowers at the pussy bar, and her sickness at the time and (understandably) extreme reaction to Glen's death made her stick out to him more than Michonne, Sasha and Rosita.

TL;DR: Taking precautions about future power games would have been a valuable and interesting scene so they probably deleted it.

Thank you so much. I guess they should have had Negan to explain it to us 3-4 times, back to back, like his "jokes", lol.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Do you promise?

[Re: Father PP possibly dying soon] A season ago, I would have been right there with you. But I've come down from actively hating him for being worse than useless (trying to sell out Rick?!? REALLY?!?), to tolerating him with amusement. Don't betray my tolerance, FPP!

See also: Morgan. I was hating on him severely with his whole NoKill insanity, but I'm feeling much better about him now.

Edited by StatMom
  • Love 4

Ok, my two cents- FWIW. I like this show. I accept that it's nutty and implausible a lot, but I do like it. I love Carl- to me he's awkward and impulsive just like my 2 boys at that age. I can absolutely see my boys going off 1/2 cocked like that. Question- wasn't Greg somehow involved with the site of Hilltop pre ZA when it was a historical site? Maybe he was hiding out there when other people found the location so he was the defacto  leader?????

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Do you promise?

Hey, I actually kind of like him now....so yea, that probably means he will. 

Judith's babysitters do not have a good track record. Beth, Tyrese...Carol went AWOL. 

• Love 3

I must be sick but Neeeeegan's men are beginning to remind me of this:

Taggart: I got it! I got it!

Hedley Lamarr: You do?

Taggart: We'll work up a Number 6 on 'em.

Hedley Lamarr: [frowns] "Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one.

Taggart: Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a-whompin' and a-whumpin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

They have the a-riding into town part down cold, but instead of a-whompin' they prefer to chat.

I found this episode to be exceptionally bad.

• Love 3

Sasha and Maggie got on my last nerve trying to tell Jesus and Gregory what to do.  I don't blame Gregory for trying to give them up.  What he should have done was give them some food and weapons, have some of the guys physically place them outside the gate and send them on their way. 

• Love 5

What I liked:

1) Seeing Maggie and Sasha.

2) Seeing multiple places and characters (Alexandria and Hilltop) instead of focusing on just one location or group of split off characters.

3) Coral driving like his mother. The reason he did it really irritated me. The fact that it happened was hilarious.

What I didn't like:

Everything else

Also, are walkers even a threat anymore? They seem so easily dispatched nowadays with a small blade or a well placed martial arts move to the noggin...

Edited by Beamish
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, jsbt said:

Well, I'll be that guy. It was a more compelling hour than I'd initially expected, with the great Richonne opening bit and the wonderful stuff with Lauren Cohan and Sonequa Martin-Green who always deliver. Jesus was also very solid. Even the kids and their tiresome twee indie teen love affair in the apocalypse (the skates were too much) brought it in their big scene, which I didn't expect from the exceptionally mediocre girl playing Enid, who I only find tolerable with Maggie. I like Carl but I usually have little time for those two together; that said, Chandler Riggs was selling the intimacy of that big moment and it was pretty real.

The night sequence with the car, the music and the pack of zombies was exceptionally shot and cut, with a great showcase for Sonequa and Tom Payne - and again, TWD is utilizing a pool of underrated film and TV directors of color, including this week's director Darnell Martin. To me this stuff is what the show is best at these days, showing people working together with a common goal to defeat tough odds, whether in battle there or in building a community. That may not be cool enough for Robert Kirkman but it's what the show always seem to angle towards on its own, and it's what interests me about Maggie, Sasha and Jesus at the Hilltop. Maggie giving Gregory her full name was also great. And Carl and Jesus looks like fun.

With you on this. The only things that gave me pause were that only a couple of people even noticed the music and fires, and that the choreographed fight scene looked very cheesy--and, haha, Jesus could have just jabbed and stabbed; there was no real reason for the dramatic flying leapery! And I love Carl.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I don't consider Maggie beating Negan to death with Lucille a terrible scene.  To me, if that happened, it would be an excellent Christmas gift.

I like Sasha and Maggie's friendship, and I would like to see more of it.  It would be great if Maggie and Sasha took out the Saviors ala Carol and Terminus.

Really? Its so fucking cheesy. Pure fan service. Especially if Easy street is playing. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Really? Its so fucking cheesy. Pure fan service. Especially if Easy street is playing. and Daryl chained him up

Edited by J----av
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, KirkB said:

Here's what I don't get. Negan has his whole group on a leash. They are scared to death of him. He surrounds himself with bullies and thugs who are willing to do all the dirty work he can't be bothered with. They go out and prey on lesser communities. But Negan's whole system of control is predicated on a "piss me off and I won't kill you but someone you care about". Me. One guy. With a baseball bat. Sure, if you make a move like Daryl did in the premiere Negan will kill someone...except, not if he's dead. If Carl had shot him or Rick had used Lucille on him, Negan couldn't hurt anybody. Oh sure, he has an army but they were following him. Without Negan they'd start jockeying for control. They'd probably destroy themselves, or at least be easier picking for Rick and his group. Well, maybe not now, since he gave away all their damn guns, but nothing about this season makes sense to me. Negan is a singular threat, and somehow after all these years, after all the walkers and cannibals and the Governor, he's the one thing in the apocalypse Rick and his people can't beat, so why bother trying?

Probably not. Simon just takes over and Rick is still outnumbered by over a hundred. If Carl or Rick shot Negan they would just be killed in seconds before Negans men even had a chance to "start jockeying for control". Negan's men are not all just a bunch of Dwights. Most probably like the protection of a huge group. 

And at this point Ricks group would get their asses kicked by just about anyone. They are missing almost all their top fighters

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, J----av said:

Probably not. Simon just takes over and Rick is still outnumbered by over a hundred. If Carl or Rick shot Negan they would just be killed in seconds before Negans men even had a chance to "start jockeying for control". Negan's men are not all just a bunch of Dwights. Most probably like the protection of a huge group. 

Agreed. They like being the biggest force in the area. I don't think this is a case of cutting off the head of the snake. They'd have to take out a hell of a lot of the henchmen as well. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Beamish said:

What I liked:

1) Seeing Maggie and Sasha.

2) Seeing multiple places and characters (Alexandria and Hilltop) instead of focusing on just one location or group of split off characters.

3) Coral driving like his mother. The reason he did it really irritated me. The fact that it happened was hilarious.

What I didn't like:

Everything else

Also, are walkers even a threat anymore? They seem so easily dispatched nowadays with a small blade or a well placed martial arts move to the noggin...

Oh, don't get me started on Jesus dispatching a walker with some kind of karate kick....

• Love 2

Well I'll break from the pact but I enjoyed this one.

I love the friendship of Maggie and Sasha and was happy to see it on display (I wished we had seen their grief earlier in the season).

Jesus/Maggie/Sasha was a great combination thought I thought the fight scene was cheesy.

The brief Richonne scene was perfection.

This was the first time that I didn't mind Enid or Enid/Carl (For the travel issue, I thought that they left ASZ on the morning that Maggie woke up and they didn't get there until the next day after the fight scene).

Simon was much more effective than Negan and of course less chatty.

Gregory was a weasel but I enjoyed him.

1 hour ago, J----av said:

Negan and a chunk of his crew showed up at Alexandria. Where Rick had superior numbers (unlike on the road), fortifications, and an arsenal even Negan was impressed by. They could have unloaded on him and everyone there and killed the lot. Sure, some of them might have died too but that's part of combat. With the head of the snake and at least some of his lieutenants dead the rest of the Saviors would have been left without direction. Does that mean they'd be easy pickings? Maybe not. But it wouldn't be much more of a threat than what Rick has faced before. Alternatively, if Rick has been emasculated by Negan that he's decided to stop resisting all together, why not load up their cars and run? If they don't either fight or run this is going to be a pretty dull show from now on if it's nothing but Rick kneels before Negan.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Cheesy's in the eye of the beholder. 

So true.  So far, I've been mostly bored by this season.  The only thing I'm looking forward to is the possibility of Maggie or Sasha killing Neegan.  I would settle for someone else killing Neegan, but I really really want Maggie or Sasha to torture and kill Neegan.

• Love 4

I kind of don't care what happens--not because I am bored of the show or anything, because I'm not; I still like it and look forward to it every week, and I miss it when it's not on, despite the complaints (which I'm not judging as valid or not). While I do notice continuity errors and actions that are stupid or ridiculous on the parts of the characters (and even like to discuss them here sometimes), I just don't care because, whatever--people do stupid things sometimes, in real life and on TV. It would be really boring, IMO, if all shows had only characters that I loved or did exactly what I want to see happen--it's not my show, I don't work on it. Basically, I'm fine with a story being told to me how it was envisioned by its creators, whether it's what I would do or not or whether a character does something dumb and outlandish (in fact, I'd expect the latter of people in a zombie apocalypse rife with marauding tyrants!)...or whether I yell, "What the fuck?!" at our TV.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4

Gregory is a fun character and the Hilltop is a nice place to visit for an episode because it has so much less baggage than Alexandria. Been a fan of Xander Berkeley since the early days of 24 and I feel like he brings something fresh to the table. Jesus hasn't won me over yet, but that's mostly because he's still in the "generic good guy" stage of character development. So far, he's shaping up to be a less asian, yet more martial artsy version of Glenn, but there's certainly potential.

The Hilltop is also currently the only location with any narrative forward momentum, with Maggie and Sasha (particularly the former) primed to grow into a position of leadership. It's funny that the two women grieving over their significant others should be the only ones who don't feel like they're stuck in a state of perpetual misery.

Good episode, all things considered.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

George is getting upset!

Serenity now!  Hoochie mama!

Well I did watch this one.  Not terribly interesting to me, though Gregory had a sweet crib, and Sasha and Jesus killing zombies choreographed to the music was fun, if cheeesy.    

Having four communities to fit into an hour episode is going to get old really fast.   

Maggies accent is so awful.  And she doesn't  look like a pregnant woman, she looks like an emo boy in a 90's teen comedy.   

• Love 11

I do have a tendency to fast forward sometimes so I must have missed this:  What are Carl and Enid talking about that happened to Enid and Carl watched?  It can't just be that creepy guy and the balloons, is it?

• Love 1

Did Maggie say that Negan had "100s of men?" That seems like a lot. There's no way one person could rule with just a bat. 

I'd be like that guy too; everyone says they're Negan. There's no way he can keep tabs on everyone. 

Rigging a car to play music is the most ridiculous waste of time and exactly what I would expect on this show. I would still love it if we viewers found out that most of the country is functioning as a civil society and rebuilding while these yahoos are all running around killing each other. 

"We play nice; they play nice?" That's delusional. Eventually there won't be anything left to take, and then they'll start killing everyone. I mean, ok you don't want to face that, but you have to know this is what's happening. 

I don't mind Carl taking off. I don't think he's going to march in there and kill everyone, but at least I'm interested to see what happens. I bet if he'd just walk up and knock on the door and demand to talk to Negan, they probably would let him just because it's so out there.

In fact, I even entertained the idea that Gregory pulled that stunt, to scare Maggie and Sasha away. But clearly that was wrong. 

Until they actually said it later on in the show, I thought that's what happened. 

I'm still having a problem that these large trucks are fully gassed up. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, KirkB said:

Negan and a chunk of his crew showed up at Alexandria. Where Rick had superior numbers (unlike on the road), fortifications, and an arsenal even Negan was impressed by. They could have unloaded on him and everyone there and killed the lot. Sure, some of them might have died too but that's part of combat. With the head of the snake and at least some of his lieutenants dead the rest of the Saviors would have been left without direction. Does that mean they'd be easy pickings? Maybe not. But it wouldn't be much more of a threat than what Rick has faced before. Alternatively, if Rick has been emasculated by Negan that he's decided to stop resisting all together, why not load up their cars and run? If they don't either fight or run this is going to be a pretty dull show from now on if it's nothing but Rick kneels before Negan.

No they didn't. Negan had way more people with him and given how Negan wanted Daryl for his strength, likely much stronger people too. Who the fuck did Rick have with him that would be useful in a fight? Rosita and Michonne (who apparently is not a good shot)? Who else? Carl and Spencer hahaha? They gonna give a gun to Gabriel too lol? Everyone at Alexandria has shown to be completely useless and soft. Alexandria has like 30 people and most of them useless in a fight. Negan had 4 or 5 big ass trucks and like 40 - 50 men with him. Rick would be crushed. Plus don't forget Ricks BFF is with Negan and Rick is never going to fire at them while Daryl is at danger of being hit. MAYBE with Tara, Heath, Daryl, Carol, Morgan, Maggie, Sasha, Abe, Glenn they MIGHT have a one in a million chance at killing all of the men with Negan, but with Carl and Spencer as two of Ricks top guys they have 0 chance.

OK so some how Rick and his band of bad ass fighters Spencer, Carl and Gabriel manage to take out all 50 men Negan brought with him. Simon then takes over and the remaining 100 or more Saviors realize they are still untouchable together and it would be stupid to break up, so they go kill everyone at Alexandria. "Wouldn't be much more of a threat than what Rick has faced before"? WTF? The biggest threats Rick has faced before are groups of like 15 people. Not hundreds like the Saviors. Rick could take out 100 of them and they would still be by far the biggest group of men Rick has ever gone against. Plus Rick had people like Tara, Heath, Carol, Morgan, Maggie, Daryl, Sasha, Abe, Glenn with him before. Now he just has Rosita and Michonne who are useful. And you damn well know the show wont just be Rick kneels before Negan.

Yeah they should have run though. That would be much better then committing suicide trying to fight back right now

• Love 7

I bet if he'd just walk up and knock on the door and demand to talk to Negan, they probably would let him just because it's so out there.

Haha--Negan did say that he likes Carl (and I tend to believe he actually does see some kind of nefarious potential); maybe he would let him in!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1