Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Go Getters

halgia
  • Start Topic

Just now, Straycat80 said:

Oh well, to each his own. 

It burns me that after all Rick has gone through to keep Carl's raggedy ass alive, he just runs out to do fucking do what?  Get caught and have MORE people die on his behalf.  Ungrateful little bastard! I love him but he needs a whooping.

In other news I hate Enid.  

• Love 21

I'm so bored this season, I wonder if watching them later back to back will make it any better.  I really don't like it when the group is split up and we get boring side stories like the Daryl episode and the Carol & Morgan episode. 

I am grateful for a Negan free episode.  Love JDM but the talking and talking and talking are killing me. 

And I'm glad Maggie got Hershel's watch back.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Reghan said:

I'd like Daryl to chain Negan up and play Easy Street on full blast while Maggie beats him with Lucille.

Please let this happen.  If it does, I might forgive the writers for inflicting Negan and his boring idiotic yapping on us, or not.  That would require a lot of forgiveness.

• Love 9

Well, what do you know? I liked this episode! It's a early Festivus miracle!

Man, vice-Negan with the Eric Estrada teeth needs to go. I hope Rick does the same thing to him that he promised to do to Spencer.

Lauren Cohan was so good tonight. Just hitting the right notes one after the other. She knows she has to go for the sake of her child and will do anything to protect herself and the people who are important. (Note to self: Makes friends with Future Farmers of America -- they may be our only defense in the event of a ZA.)

I think this episode may have made me a Jesus Freak.

I liked the scene at the end with Sasha, Maggie and Enid sharing a meal. I'm a little tired of all the bombast and it was nice to see the characters just having a quiet moment.

• Love 16

I want Simon to be my Negan. He's an asshole, but I like him! I was on edge with Gregory during their conversation, and lol'ed when he grabbed all of the scotch to regift to Negan.

It felt cathartic to finally see Glenn and Abraham being mourned. Maggie Rhee for Hilltop leader #Imwithher

• Love 15

Freeze dried fuckery.  When one of the best  things about the episode is No Negan and even that's mitigated by his flunky doing a Negan-impersonation.

I'd really hoped that we would get to see how Maggie and Sasha were dealing with their grief.  But it was more important to spend time on teen-romance and Jesus.

Bullshit.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Bluegirl547 said:

This might be the dumbest episode ever.

Carl somehow leaves Alexandria with a USABLE CAR and then destroys the USABLE CAR to kill what? Three zombies?

Carl and Enid have a long conversation and then MAKE OUT with Negan's crew what? Fifty feet away?

And also the roller skating... in the ZA...down a debris filled road in the woods.... in the ZA. dumb!

• Love 17

Carl and Jesus are the Hair Club! I hope they manage not to get themselves killed/captured. I can't believe Enid had a practical means of transport for, like, a minute? And we're back to gas-guzzling noise-makers or skates?

Maggie took charge. She should be the new Governess at Hilltop, but, then again, having Gregory the face of the place makes it seem less threatening, and maybe that's a good way to go forward.

Didn't much care for Carl/Enid's conversation re: revenge. It's almost junior Morgan/Carol. Negan needs to be killed because that's the only way to stop him, regardless of the reasoning. There is no alternative form of justice anymore, and there is no rehabilitation.

No Negan makes every episode better.

• Love 11

Ditto on Hershel's watch.  So this watch was given to Glenn from Hershel and survived Terminus, not to mention a couple years in the ZA and Maggie hands it to ENID?  WTF?  Because Maggie & Enid have been through SO much together... um, no.

Also, apparently editing was asleep on this episode.   Who lit the fires?  How did the Gremlin get into Hilltop.  More importantly, who knew that a 1970's Gremlin was still around AND had a killer sound system???

BTW, thanks show for showing us Gregory is a douchecanoe.  The anvil marks on my head appreciate it.  Although, during Gregory's and Negan Jr.'s discussion, Gregory sounded like every boss, supervisor and manager I've ever had in my life.  Creepy.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, HighMaintenance said:

Ditto on Hershel's watch.  So this watch was given to Glenn from Hershel and survived Terminus, not to mention a couple years in the ZA and Maggie hands it to ENID?  WTF?  Because Maggie & Enid have been through SO much together... um, no.

Didn't Enid help Maggie cut her hair? That must count for something.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Bluegirl547 said:

Carl somehow leaves Alexandria with a USABLE CAR and then destroys the USABLE CAR to kill what? Three zombies?

Carl and Enid have a long conversation and then MAKE OUT with Negan's crew what? Fifty feet away?

I thought Hilltop had a bunch of residents? Where the hell were they when the fires were set??? Only like 4 people showed up, none of whom had the common sense to close the fucking gate IMMEDIATELY.

Maggie gives the pocket watch to Enid, instead of Glen's unborn child in the future? Come ON.

Jesus is overly earnest now? Since when?

Everything I was thinking. Thanks for saving me the keystrokes.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

I think that was the first time I've seen Chekhov's Tractor. 

Well, if you think about it, nearly every item on the show must have belonged to Chekhov.

Edited by Raven1707
Had to rethink this...
  • Love 2

Handlebar's Negan impersonation was so tedious. The drama queeny going from smiling and cheery-sounding to menacing is so overwrought, amateurish, forced and unnatural. Jesus and Sasha made this sort of tolerable at times, but this show is mostly unwatchable at this point.

Nice punch, Maggie.

And I thought for a second, "Oh, finally someone's riding a bike! The gas-powered vehicle thing was really suspending my dis-":Carl wrecks a car for no reason.: 

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Please let this happen.  If it does, I might forgive the writers for inflicting Negan and his boring idiotic yapping on us, or not.  That would require a lot of forgiveness.

You would forgive them if they make an even more terrible scene?

44 minutes ago, Bluegirl547 said:

I thought Hilltop had a bunch of residents? Where the hell were they when the fires were set??? Only like 4 people showed up, none of whom had the common sense to close the fucking gate IMMEDIATELY.

Maggie gives the pocket watch to Enid, instead of Glen's unborn child in the future? Come ON.

Jesus is overly earnest now? Since when?

Well if you haven't noticed, Carl is fucking useless and the weakest part of the show

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, candall said:

Ahem.  I still don't know who opened the gates, lit ten bonfires and blasted the Ninth Symphony from that Gremlin's magnificent speaker system.

Looking at the Gremlin, I was convinced that the next spinoff for this show was going to be "Pimp My Ride: ZA Edition".

• Love 4

I really enjoyed this episode because there was no fucking Negan. Finally characters that spoke like adults and not frat boys like Negan.

I find it puzzling that Carl & Enid reached Hilltop that fast from Alexandria when Jesus says it takes a full day to reach Hilltop from Alexandria. So don't know how they got there and not running into more walkers no less. A little unbelievable.

Greg is a big ass wimp. He's no leader whatsoever, it's astounding that he is the leader of hilltop. Rick, Gareth, Ezekiel, Governor, Joe, you see why they are/were leaders of their groups. They have/had leadership qualities. Greg not so much. 

I'm sorry to say that Simon is reminding me of Trevor Phillips who he voiced for Grand Theft Auto V. That's all I see when I see Simon is Trevor Phillips. It's not helping that Simon has some of Trevor Phillips characteristics. 

• Love 2

On Talking Dead, someone (Kevin Smith, maybe) wondered if there is coaching school for those Negan ppl to talk and swagger like their master.  While I found Simon and Gregory okay to watch, I have to wonder if they haven't gone too far with having the Negan minions being all Neagan-y.  I get it, he's a bad man and his people eat up his shit, but good Lord, is it one dimensional.  Like, you're going to tell me that all these singular fifedoms are just going to keep giving it up with no end in sight?!  And Negan somehow (still not sure how) has inspired hundreds of ppl to love/fear/follow him without much in return?!  I need more show and less tell, show.

I was, however, really pleased to focus on Maggie and Sasha.  They are both compelling characters and I love to see both of these actresses chew into their new world.  The grave scenes were good and I LOVED Maggie slugging that little weasel Gregory.  I might be super duper easy, but I LOVED Maggie's "My name is Maggie Rhee".  All the feels happened!  There was something that warmed my feminist heart about her taking him to task for the honey, dear, maria/mona bullshit he has been spewing.    

The jury is still out on Jesus.  I think the actor is pretty fun to watch (very cool ninja moves!) and is interesting.  I'm just not sure where he is in all of this.  I'm willing to give him a chance, though.

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 9

Pretty lousy episode in a pretty lousy half-season thus far.

• Gregory remains a completely immersion-shattering cartoon. Hopelessly incompetent, useless, and antagonistic. Why is he the leader? As per Jesus everyone just kind of "went along" with it? I find it hard to believe any kind of community could have coalesced under that guy's direction. At times with the endless name fumbling there seems to be a case to be made for early onset dementia, which might've been interesting, but this is Walking Dead, so he'll just be a pointless twit.
  • Jesus, like Morgan, seems intent in burying his unusual competence with appalling decision making and foot dragging. You're a nice guy Jesus but get it together already.
  • Sasha and Enid bonding in sisterhood with Maggie fell completely flat for me. Sasha has always been a tertiary character (and at times a highly annoying tertiary character) with trademark Walking Dead spotty motivations and a dubiously sketched in personality. Enid is a cipher and as time goes by is turning in wooden performances that leave her in a class with the intolerable Chandler Riggs. Enid inherits Hershel's watch...why? You are pregnant, Maggie. You can't hold onto your precious family heirloom for a few months? Ah well at the rate things are progressing Enid will be dead soon and Maggie can just recoup the watch then. Easy come easy go, eh Maggie?
  • Simon did his best to channel Negan, right down to "We're just gonna take half your stuff". I thought these jackasses returned literally every week for more pickups? Half your stuff once a week is not a sustainable model of enterprise. You haven't thought this through, Neganites.
  • As usual, all it takes is two marginally capable people, one with a knife and one (inexplicably) employing karate to wipe out a hoard of walkers. Earlier this season Rick waded through a swamp of them without a scratch on him. I know, I know, "Man is the real monster", but come on. The zombies are your signature thing, guys. Try and make them at least moderately more threatening than toddlers.
  • It bears repeating...Chandler Riggs cannot act. It's been 7 seasons, Chandler, things aren't improving. You're murdering absolutely every scene you're in. And now you're getting your own storyline, which I'm sure will be rendered completely intolerable by your gormless performance. Lord have mercy on us, showrunners. If you can go off book and kill Andrea early, certainly you can do us all a solid and off Carl. Sure, it'll be tough on old Rick, but you've still got Judith in your pocket as a spare. Make it happen! At the bare minimum maybe have Negan's guys kidnap him and forcibly shave his STUPID HEAD. 
  • Love 21

When is Cooral going to graduate to a cool leather patch instead of his lame WW1 bandage?

Fun Fact: pirates wore eye patches so they had one eye always adjusted to light, and the other darkness (when they went below deck or something) so they were always prepared for an attack.

Maybe Cooral could be Cap'n Cooral and save the day when everyone is night blinded!

• Love 8

I liked this one. Surprisingly I've enjoyed both of the campier episodes. I don't want a comedy but do appreciate when they don't take themselves so fucking seriously.

I am not spoiled but I think it's probable Maggie will give her baby Greene as a middle name. I just hope the first name is either Glen or Hershel because I can't take another fucking apocalypse baby named Hope or Faith.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

I liked this one. Surprisingly I've enjoyed both of the campier episodes. I don't want a comedy but do appreciate when they don't take themselves so fucking seriously.

I don't know that I'd consider this episode to be "campy" or light-hearted in any way. It was more of a failed attempt at tension and drama.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Christi said:

When is Cooral going to graduate to a cool leather patch instead of his lame WW1 bandage?

Fun Fact: pirates wore eye patches so they had one eye always adjusted to light, and the other darkness (when they went below deck or something) so they were always prepared for an attack.

Maybe Cooral could be Cap'n Cooral and save the day when everyone is night blinded!

Maybe Negan will gift him a cool eye patch fashioned from one of his many leather jackets (cause you just know he has a wardrobe full of pilfered leather jackets!) when they next meet...and maybe offer him a real man's haircut as well! 

• Love 6

That roller-skating scene was unforgivably stupid. Even Abraham wasn't that foolhardy.

And also... roller skates? Weren't they sort of replaced by rollerblades about twenty years ago? I'm starting to wonder if TWD takes place in some sort of alternate universe where roller skates, in 2006, were still a thing, records and cassettes were still more common than CDs, and big silly mustaches absolutely never went out of fashion.

Perhaps instead most of humanity's progress went into developing the nanobots that allow  a hat to perpetually adapt itself to its wearer's head size.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 14