Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Summer

• Start Topic

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so the Musical doesn't have the style and disgust that the classic Stars Hollow museum in the Twickham house did, but it was worth sitting through it to watch Stars Hollow shut down Sophie when she starts in with one of her hits.

Ummm...Rory. The woman Logan is engaged to has the nerve to move in with him. Imagine the gall! She's ridiculous. I was so irritated at that scene. What a bad look for her and him. 

April is still annoying. 

The musical bit went on for WAY too long. Sutton Foster is very talented but seriously, some editing wouldn't have killed them. WAY too long. Some of the reactions from the gang watching were amusing. WAY too long. 

Edited by msani19

Soooo....Lorelei is having some sort of midlife crisis and needs to go on a walk through the woods? Sookie and Michele have already left; how does she expect the inn to run without her? 

I'm not sure how to feel about the book thing. I can actually see both sides. I do like it as a believable rift between the two. 

LOVED seeing Jess, if only for a minute. 

So now Rory is running the podunk newspaper? The final installment better really pull through, because Spring and Summer have been depressing as hell. 

Although, I did enjoy Luke's furor over the floatie shed and the boy following Rory around and calling her Khaleesi. 

NO sympathy for Rory with the Logan situation. He's been engaged the entire time - what were you thinking? 

I'm a musical fan, and the IDEA of a Stars Hollow musical is fun, but I didn't need to watch 45 minutes of it. Damn. 

Oh, boy, IMO that musical was just so...what's the phrase I'm looking for...in need of major trimming and editing! It just felt like AS-P at her worst: self-indulgent, way over the top quirky and cutesy and pleased with her own sense of 'whimsy', and with no sense whatsoever of when less is more. 

I was ill-prepared for just how annoyed I would be with Rory throughout most of this revival. Rory, I was a proud member of your unofficial 'defense squad' once...and now you have one more installment, "Fall", to remind me why :) 

Ok it might be because I don't feel well but I am really not feeling this.  This episode especially, everything just seems wrong.  For all the talk of who will rory end up with, it's not even really a story line unless she just ends up with Logan but I hate the fiance thing.  I'm, annoyed. 

I personally loved Bunheads and was disappointed when it was cancelled. Sutton Foster was superb and the Istanbul number is beautiful.

I get why people are having a hard time with this but I am really enjoying the back and forth of this season. People aren't perfect, nobody is all wrong or all right and that is what we are seeing. Lorelei has reached a new place in her life and is reevaluating her life - losing a loved one will do that to you. Her and Luke are together but not together and he seems fine with that. They approach things differently and it has worked so far but it's not working now.

Take their reaction to their big fight: Luke seems to assume they had the fight, the issue came out, it's over and now they move on. Lorelei is looking at it a symptom of a major problem in their relationship.

Rory turned out exactly how I thought she would. I think Logan is getting married to a woman his father approves of and was happy to have 'Ace' as his girl on the side. Does he love her? I think he does but he is too weak-willed to actually fight to be with her.

Jess was less annoying but my residual love for This Is Us is giving him a major boost.

I'm not sure Emily is ready to date just yet but having a friend who has been through losing a spouse would be good for her. If it turns into more, good for her.

Jess!!!! Yay. Seriously why are we wasting time on Logan and Rory when jess could be here?!?! Ugh. 

Im just not.. into this revival at all. Maybe the seven seasons was enough. I don't think revival shows are doing what I'm looking for when I watch.

I just.. something is missing. I'm just not sure what. 

2 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Sutton foster...dont see the love.  She's kinda talented...but not the next coming.

I did think the final song was rather lovely.  In fact, if they'd limited the musical interludes to just that, I'd have liked the episode a lot more.

1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Jess!!!! Yay. Seriously why are we wasting time on Logan and Rory when jess could be here?!?! Ugh. 

Im just not.. into this revival at all. Maybe the seven seasons was enough. I don't think revival shows are doing what I'm looking for when I watch.

I just.. something is missing. I'm just not sure what. 

Yes, good to see Jess again. 

Edited by readster
messed up post.

April is as irritating as ever, but wow, Vanessa Marano turned out to be a stunner. The attempts of the wardrobe people to disguise that and make her look nerdy were Rachael-Leigh-Cook-in-She's-All-That-level. She made Alexis Bledel look like the plain one.

Wow, after the musical sucked up twenty minutes of my life I need April to pass me the duchy from the left hand side. The literally wasted 20+ minutes of their last hurrah on a stupid SH musical...while important secondary characters like Lane and Luke have barely gotten any screen time. Somebody needed to make Daniel P. sit out the writing duties.

That random convo between Luke and Lorelai about him paying for April's needs was a dropped thread. And really, who is Lorelai to question what another person spends on their adult child? Precious Rory never had to hold down a job while everyone else footed her bills through school. I was thinking that would come back up again.

So Rory is now going to be writing Gilmore Girl's fanfiction? Okay. I wonder if the Sherman-Palladinos are setting up for a possible pre-show Gilmore Girls tie-in book. I definitely might enjoy that better then this episode.

Also, since when did Rory have a straight up Journalism degree? I thought Yale didn't even offer those? I though her degree was more English slanted?

And, just so they didn't let the opportunity go to waste, the passive-aggressive Gilmore Girls fat-shaming. And slut-shaming of a pretty girl in a modest bikini. I was tickled that Taylor straight-up told Lorelai and Rory that they aren't that hot, lol.

Edited by HeySandyStrange

This version of Gilmore Girls is very real to life. To real to life.

Gosh, this Rory/Logan thing is annoying. They gave me hope only to break up. Sigh. I don’t understand why Logan doesn’t break up with his fiancé He still loves Rory.

That was a nice seen with Jess. He always gives Rory great advice.

Rory is right – her life story is really interesting. I hope she writes the story.

IRL, Emily would move on that quickly. When you are used to being married that often happens.

I’m still waiting for Christopher! Where is he?

Also where is Dean? I guess he’ll be in fall.

I wish we would have seen Logan’s family – and his mother.

Where are Lane’s twins? Would have been nice to see them.

3 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

Gosh, this Rory/Logan thing is annoying. They gave me hope only to break up. Sigh. I don’t understand why Logan doesn’t break up with his fiancé He still loves Rory.

Family obligations. They never wanted Rory for him. 

Currently watching Summer and it's at the musical. All I can think is that this is the Palladino's big FU to the fans, their way of getting even, I guess, with the CW for Season 7. I have put the TV on mute. I can't believe I bought in to all the hype for this reunion. 

4 hours ago, starri said:

I did think the final song was rather lovely.  In fact, if they'd limited the musical interludes to just that, I'd have liked the episode a lot more.

Totally agree. I hated the parade of fat jokes opening, and for about 3/4 of this I was thinking that they are all pretty awful people to watch. Except Emily, my idol. But that last song was lovely. Maybe it's because I'm in my own mid-life crisis, but that song hit me. 

What also hit me was the reminder that Milo has aged REALLY well. I never really hated Jess though. I am glad they wrote him as grown-up and successful.

I hope Fall is better than the rest have been. I am still glad they did the revival but it's a bit flat for me. I don't feel like they've recaptured the charm completely.

I guess I'm on an island... I loved the musical bits. But... I'm a theatre nerd. I'm the musical director for a local theatre company. Everyone I know who is a theatre nerd would be in hysterics over these musical scenes. I *died*.

I think I get why it would fall flat for non-theatre-nerds. I guess it could come across as an in-joke. The fact that it goes on too long is part of the joke. It's just so very, very bad... Lorelai was the only one who was right, everyone else was bizarre for loving it. It was *supposed* to be painfully terrible. But it's also poking fun at various theatre cliches at the same time. The different theatre styles, from classic broadway to Hamilton rap to modern pop meandering melodies, it was utter perfection. The repetitive choreography... so painful. To see a pro like Sutton Foster whole-heartedly hamming it up with this terrible choreography, she must have been having a *blast*.

The show we're working on right now is Beauty and the Beast. Which I'm appearing on stage for, not just musical direction. In "Be Our Guest", there's a big build-up, and then Cogsworth sees what happens and runs out yelling "noooooooooo not a KICKLINE!!" (which is just about the funniest thing in the whole show) and of course we go into a huge over-the-top cliche kickline. With almost the very same choreo they did here. So when Lorelai did almost the same with "what's next, a kickline?" I absolutely *lost it*.

I'll agree that the fat-shaming was bad. But for theatre geeks, the musical scenes were the best part.

3 minutes ago, tankgirl73 said:

I think I get why it would fall flat for non-theatre-nerds.

Well, I love live theater.  I occasionally have to sedate my husband and drag him to a musical with me.  I own dozens of OBC albums.  I did theater in high school and college and would love to do community productions if not for this damned career of mine.

It fell pancake-flat for me.  And I say this as someone who recognized Christian Borle and Sutton Foster even before we saw them with their faces lit.  It just dragged and dragged.  Maybe five minutes of it would have been funny, but that went on for at least four times that long.

14 minutes ago, tankgirl73 said:

But... I'm a theatre nerd. I'm the musical director for a local theatre company. Everyone I know who is a theatre nerd would be in hysterics over these musical scenes. I *died*.

In addition to being a regular nerd, I'm a total theatre nerd! I figured, that a Stars Hollow musical featuring Sutton Foster (who I saw in Anything Goes; the same part I played in my high school musical...I told you theatre NERD!), I would love it. I was disappointed that I didn't love it. It would have been fine if it wasn't like 20+ minutes long. Why did it go on so long????

I fast forwarded so I can't tell you exactly how long it was but it was TOO LONG. Was there a point that I missed? If so, then I'll rewatch. But only if there was a point. The song at the end that Sutton sings was quite beautiful, loved that. 

I'll remain happily on my island then, just like Lorelai. ;) What I found to drag too long was another scene in another episode, so I won't talk about it here. I can only imagine that that scene for me is the same "omg is it over yet what on earth does this have to do with anything" feeling as this scene is for most of you. :)

In the spirit of all the fat jokes - Lauren Graham needs to cut about 5 inches off her hair. It's bad. I felt this in Winter but it became unbearable once we were in Summer.

Edited by Megan
6 minutes ago, starri said:

Surely those were extensions.

Really bad extensions.

Also, I'm not sure why Lorelai didn't love the horrible musical. She loves shit like that.  Overall I think Summer was weak.

1 minute ago, Megan said:

Really bad extensions.

Also, I'm not sure why Lorelai didn't love the horrible musical. She loves shit like that.  Overall I think Summer was weak.

That *is* a very good point. She loves horrible stuff, in order to mock it mercilessly.

I can only surmise that it's because she wanted this to actually be a *nice* thing, a tribute to the town she loves. There are things to mock, goofy crazy town things, and things that are actually beautiful, and she wanted this to be one of the beautiful things.

I was irritated about the musical because it took way too much (of our very limited) time away from the characters I love, but...

I would totally pay to watch the entire show of Stars Hollow: The Musical starring Sutton Foster and Christian Borle.  What a hoot!  I bet the two of them had a blast.

6 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Wow, after the musical sucked up twenty minutes of my life I need April to pass me the duchy from the left hand side. The literally wasted 20+ minutes of their last hurrah on a stupid SH musical...while important secondary characters like Lane and Luke have barely gotten any screen time. Somebody needed to make Daniel P. sit out the writing duties.

That random convo between Luke and Lorelai about him paying for April's needs was a dropped thread. And really, who is Lorelai to question what another person spends on their adult child? Precious Rory never had to hold down a job while everyone else footed her bills through school. I was thinking that would come back up again.

So Rory is now going to be writing Gilmore Girl's fanfiction? Okay. I wonder if the Sherman-Palladinos are setting up for a possible pre-show Gilmore Girls tie-in book. I definitely might enjoy that better then this episode.

Also, since when did Rory have a straight up Journalism degree? I thought Yale didn't even offer those? I though her degree was more English slanted?

And, just so they didn't let the opportunity go to waste, the passive-aggressive Gilmore Girls fat-shaming. And slut-shaming of a pretty girl in a modest bikini. I was tickled that Taylor straight-up told Lorelai and Rory that they aren't that hot, lol.

I actually took the L/L conversation about money and April a totally different way. She offers to help him with the money and he says no. I think it was just a throw away to show they are still keeping their finances seperate, not that she doesn't think he should pay for April. 

Also the fat shaming really pissed me off and took me out of things.  Summer was my least favorite of the 4.

Edited by queenbee9b

I have a love-hate thing for this particular episode. A lot of ugly feelings came out for a lot of people, that's for sure.

Ok, I'll start with this: Jess! Hello! Even though you unintentionally became the catalyst for all the major fighting in this episode, you still have good intentions. I like that he always is around to help motivate characters. He really got me liking Rory finally settling down with somewhat of an idea. Their scenes just work well. He's certainly grown up since season 2, that's for sure. And how he really believes in the Lorelai/Rory relationship, even if Lorelai still dislikes him or, at the very least, doesn't trust him? Good guy. Plus, him throwing Luke's hat into the street is one of the funniest moments of the revival so far. 

That musical went on for so long, I was afraid to fast forward in case I missed something, but I never did. I sat through the entire 12+ minutes of that damn musical, and then some! Why did we waste nearly 30 minutes on it? Why? That time could have been dedicated elsewhere, and they could have used Sutton Foster for anything else. 

So...Rory finally gets a clue about her having an affair with an engaged man while she's in her own relationship and...what? Pouts about how adult life is hard? I hope I don't get as whiny and entitled as Rory in 9 years when I'm her age. I also am on Lorelai's side about the book. Although I can see why Rory has become passionate about this book and I think it would be a semi-interesting one, I also see why Lorelai wouldn't want her life story being aired out. I think if Rory said that she'd stick to her own side, then she would have been more supportive. But because Rory wouldn't budge, Lorelai had to stick to her guns. 

Luke/Lorelai finally hash things out, and Lorelai decides to...hike. Ok, then. 

Emily being depressed is not fun to watch. I felt for her in this entire episode. 

Also, I'm glad I wasn't the only one thoroughly pissed off about the fat shaming. Also, poor kids for having to be slaves for Lorelai and Rory at the pool. 

I'm also going to be honest here; when Sophie (aka Carole King) said that she was going to sing an original, I absolutely thought she was going to sing the GG theme song and I swear I would have bawled right then and there. Ok, maybe just teared up. Oh well; maybe for the last episode. 

And to end things on a high note, since there was no Paris (but a scene of Doyle!), HELLO JESS. Please save Rory from herself. She's her own worst enemy who might surely go back to Logan, and that would put a serious damper on the end of this revival. 

10 hours ago, starri said:

Tell me honestly:  Was Bunheads this bad?

Because while I never actually watched it, I got the impression that Sutton Foster was basically playing a facsimile of Lorelei.

She was. I've only seen a little bit of it, but she was basically Diet Lorelai, so I got a kick of seeing her face to face with the actual Lorelai.

The bullshit musical sequence made me remember why I dislike ASP and her particular brand of twee self-importance.

This was the worst of the four, and by far the most depressing. I like escapism with my daily dose of Stars Hollow.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
16 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm also going to be honest here; when Sophie (aka Carole King) said that she was going to sing an original, I absolutely thought she was going to sing the GG theme song and I swear I would have bawled right then and there. Ok, maybe just teared up. Oh well; maybe for the last episode. 

I did too.  Disappointed that she didn't.

9 hours ago, amensisterfriend said:

Oh, boy, IMO that musical was just so...what's the phrase I'm looking for...in need of major trimming and editing! It just felt like AS-P at her worst: self-indulgent, way over the top quirky and cutesy and pleased with her own sense of 'whimsy', and with no sense whatsoever of when less is more. 

I agree.  Bits and pieces would have been funny, like the Diorama stuff was funny.  This was way too much.  WAY too much.

I can't even really think of anything to say about Summer, other than just how many mid-life crises is one person supposed to believably have, anyway?  WE'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE, WITH THESE SAME EXACT CHARACTERS, and we didn't enjoy it the first time.  Move. On.

If everyone is so hot, how about not being in pants, long sleeves, and flannel shirts?

I did like them hiring "parasol boys" for the day.

So Rory has no job, she's out of money, and she's going to move to Queens because she has an idea for a book????

Alexis still has the worst posture.

Edited by chitowngirl
1 hour ago, queenbee9b said:

Also the fat shaming really pissed me off and took me out of things.  Summer was my least favorite of the 4.

Same. I've watched all 4, but I left Summer as the last one to comment on because I don't even really know what to say. Started off poorly with the fat shaming jokes, got worse with Rory trying to make herself out as some victim as Logan's mistress and the musical sucking up valuable time with very little payoff (even though I adore Sutton Foster), had a bright spot in Jess and the newspaper stuff with Rory (her having some sort of goal and direction for a time was nice, even though she didn't like it), and then tanked again with Lorelai does the Wild. 

I hated the argument Rory and Lorelai had about the book because over the course of the OG show and now this I don't think Rory is a particularly strong writer. So, Lorelai says no, which she has every right to do since Rory would be telling *her* story, and you can't know what that will involve. And Rory in the moment is mad, which is understandable since she expected no opposition from her biggest supporter and technically she was just being considerate asking. But, the reason I side with Lorelai in the argument is that Rory could just write it differently. I'm not saying it'd be easy. I know that writing is hard as all get out. Rory, though, is supposed to be some fantastic writer that just hasn't had the chance to prove it and has had some bad breaks. So in this situation I feel like if she's so great she could just adjust the POV?? I mean, I really don't think Rory should write the story because she won't do it justice anyways (I really don't think she could handle the nuance necessary for it) but outside of that I think that if she can't change after this setback, she shouldn't be writing it at all anyways.

13 hours ago, ghoulina said:

So now Rory is running the podunk newspaper? The final installment better really pull through, because Spring and Summer have been depressing as hell. 

I actually didn't find Spring depressing. But Summer more than made up for it in terms of being a downer.

I haven't watched the last one yet, but so far I'd rank them best to worst, Spring, Winter, Summer.

3 hours ago, queenbee9b said:

I actually took the L/L conversation about money and April a totally different way. She offers to help him with the money and he says no. I think it was just a throw away to show they are still keeping their finances seperate, not that she doesn't think he should pay for April. 

Now that you mention it, Lorelai did offer to help with April's school finances. OTOH, I thought I remember her making a semi-snide comment about April getting a job to help pay for her School and any extras she wanted. Going back to what I said, that was uncalled for in light of the fact Lorelai and the grandparents bent over backwards so Rory never had to work to finance anything during her school years, including fancy trips to Europe, cars and entire suites of furniture. I was thinking that might've come up again, since Lorelai spent most of the episode babying Rory , but it as another missed opportunity.

I did notice it seemed like they were fat shaming men only, not that that made it any less uncomfortable or unfunny. Rory also made that snide comment about a young women with a nice body wearing (gasp!) a bikini at a pool! The nerve of those heathens! Funny the supposed top beauties of SH were to good for even tank tops and shorts, much less the most modest bathing suits.

Edited by HeySandyStrange

Very few high points in this episode. The only bit I really loved was Carole King getting shut down for not writing catchy tunes...but I don't think I needed to sit through the 20 minutes hellfire that was Taylor's musical in order for it to land. So far I think there's a serious shortage of Miss Patty. Wish we got way more of her in the town scenes. She was always a fave and her absence is especially apparent as Taylor's putting on a musical.

I know ASP desperately wants to write Rory and Lorelai as quick-witted and charismatic darlings but I'm not seeing it. Frankly, they come across as selfish a-holes. My 16yo self would feel so betrayed but I now firmly believe that Emily is my fave Gilmore girl! 

Happy to see Jess! I was never a fan before but he's one of the few characters on this show who has learned from his mistakes and grown into a better human being. Good to see him happy and seemingly successful. I still don't ship him with Rory. Frankly, he's too good for her.

Summer was my least favorite of the 4 episodes.  First, the part where Lorelai said she didn't want her mother finding out that she left Rory in a bucket at hardware store.  WTH?  Where did that come from?  Was that ever mentioned in the original series?  I've watched the whole series many times and don't remember hearing about that!  And if that was new information, way too little time was spent on it.  I want to know what happened.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong and this has been mentioned before.  Maybe I blocked it out?

The musical scene lasted way too long!  

I still can't stand April and would have been perfectly fine with her just being mentioned and not seen.  

Loved seeing Jess though!  Over the years, I've gone from Team Jess to Team Logan, but I'm back on the Jess team.

Edited by hiccup
ETA: how much I hate the character of April
6 hours ago, queenbee9b said:

Not just their finances, their whole lives apparently. At the end of the episode, Luke rants about how he keeps his family away from Lorelai and that he expects her to do the same for him because their families are separate from each other and Lorelai had long ago decided they should keep their lives separate. So it looks like Luke was just taking that to heart and the conversation about Luke paying April's way through Germany was just meant to show how, despite being together for 9 years, they still haven't come together on everything. I think Luke even says "she's mine" in reference to April when Lorelai offers to help pay. 

On another note, I agree with everyone that the musical went on way too long. At first I was excited to see Sutton Foster and Christian Borle, but the novelty wore off after the first 5 minutes. 

11 hours ago, tankgirl73 said:

I guess I'm on an island... I loved the musical bits. But... I'm a theatre nerd. I'm the musical director for a local theatre company. Everyone I know who is a theatre nerd would be in hysterics over these musical scenes. I *died*.

I think I get why it would fall flat for non-theatre-nerds. I guess it could come across as an in-joke. The fact that it goes on too long is part of the joke. It's just so very, very bad... Lorelai was the only one who was right, everyone else was bizarre for loving it. It was *supposed* to be painfully terrible. But it's also poking fun at various theatre cliches at the same time. The different theatre styles, from classic broadway to Hamilton rap to modern pop meandering melodies, it was utter perfection. The repetitive choreography... so painful. To see a pro like Sutton Foster whole-heartedly hamming it up with this terrible choreography, she must have been having a *blast*.

The show we're working on right now is Beauty and the Beast. Which I'm appearing on stage for, not just musical direction. In "Be Our Guest", there's a big build-up, and then Cogsworth sees what happens and runs out yelling "noooooooooo not a KICKLINE!!" (which is just about the funniest thing in the whole show) and of course we go into a huge over-the-top cliche kickline. With almost the very same choreo they did here. So when Lorelai did almost the same with "what's next, a kickline?" I absolutely *lost it*.

I'll agree that the fat-shaming was bad. But for theatre geeks, the musical scenes were the best part.

I enjoyed it as well.  I thought it was hilarious.

As for the fat-shaming... as a Fabulous And Thick girl, I was not happy.

I thought the last part of the musical was going to be modern day Stars Hollow with Sutton Foster playing the part of Lorelai.

I couldn't stand April before, but now I have some leftover goodwill for the actress because I enjoyed her so much on Switched at Birth - that kind of cancels out my annoyance for April.

Similar thing with Jess. Sort of. Didn't like him in the early seasons, really liked the actor in Heroes, and now that his character is written as someone who has matured, it's really easy to love Jess. Hee!

I like Rory working (volunteering?) as the editor for the town paper. This would have been perfect if she didn't need money, but apparently she's broke (so that's the show confirming for us she has no trust fund?)

Could have been kind of cool to see Rory stop pursuing high-powered success and realize working for a small town paper might not have been her dream, but it's actually pretty damn good.

But the paper pays nothing, so the whole thing's moot.

12 hours ago, tankgirl73 said:

I'd consider myself a theater nerd. I grew up acting, my sister and I were in traveling musical productions, and I even went to a magnet high school for the performing arts. I love a good musical. But GG isn't a musical. If I wanted to watch a musical, I would. I would not sit down and watch GG. I thought the idea was funny at first, and maybe a few snippets would have been great. But it took up WAY too much time. This was only a 4 episode revival, and I just felt there were so many other things they could have focused on, rather than "Stars Hollow: The Musical". 

11 hours ago, Megan said:

I just wanted Miss Patty to direct. And for Rory and Dean to be on the advisory counsel. 

7 hours ago, rho said:

Very few high points in this episode. The only bit I really loved was Carole King getting shut down for not writing catchy tunes...but I don't think I needed to sit through the 20 minutes hellfire that was Taylor's musical in order for it to land. So far I think there's a serious shortage of Miss Patty. Wish we got way more of her in the town scenes. She was always a fave and her absence is especially apparent as Taylor's putting on a musical.

Yeah, was there some kind of scheduling conflict for Liz Torres? Gypsy seemed to be her stand-in for a lot of scenes she should have been in. Having her absent for the musical stuff, and especially not sitting on the stage during the town meeting next to Taylor was particularly glaring.

And the bucket in the hardware store bit - WTF? Weird and particularly unlike the doting teenage mom we always knew Lorelai was. I think it makes more sense if it was played as, Lorelai puts Rory in a bucket that she carries around while she's cleaning rooms at the Independence Inn or something. But even that's weird and a stretch.

Edited by EarlGreyTea

This was my least favorite of all the eps. I liked the musical part, but it went on too long. I would have rather had more Lane/Mrs. Kim scenes in that time slot.

I wonder if Liz Torees had health issues, and that limited her time on the show. I don't know that for sure, but wondered if it was the case.

Fat shaming jokes are why I wish Amy would keep Dan away from her show.