Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Who's Dead?

WTF is Atwood's problem? So now Anna's got a stalker. So it must be Frank, if they're going to keep it going with this "Single White Female" angle. Does it work without Nate around?  Because it seems like it's just getting started, while Frank looks like his road has come to an end.  I mean he could stick around for Bonnie, but all roads for Bonnie continue to lead back to her loyalty to Anna, so what's the point of keeping Frank around for that?

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 2

Holy shit, they really killed Wes.  I'm calling it, that Mahoney woman killed him, no way that family didn't have him killed. 

Michaela and her mother Rochelle, love me some Brett Butler. She said she got the cancer and then says I lied. Who lies about cancer? That woman does, LOL. Hot ass mess was that, redneck and ghetto all rolled into one, I enjoyed that thoroughly. "You ungrateful hoe." Then she just chalks it up to I love you and that was just an average mother and daughter fight, LOL. What a mess.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 22
Just now, Keepitmoving said:

Holy shit, they really killed Wes.  I'm calling it, that Mahoney woman killed him, no way that family didn't have him killed. 

Yeah, the mother took out Wes to prevent him from testifying against the son and because he is Rose's son.

• Love 11
Just now, Keepitmoving said:

She was eyeing him really hard in the last episode.  This Annalise "snitching" thing is a distraction from the real killer.

• Love 10

I guess it's not all that surprising it turned out to be Wes. Lord knows he annoyed me so much, but it was bold to kill off one of the original K5. Once I saw Frank, knew it was going to be Wes. 

I guess we will spend the next part of the season learning who killed him first before he ended up in the fire. Ugh, the baby will be his for sure now.

Peace out Wes. 

• Love 7

Whoa.  I had convinced myself it was Nate.  I never minded Wes too much (And shallowly ever since he grew that facial hair I've found him quite attractive.) and I never thought it would be him.  Damn.  I wasn't happy about the thought of losing any of the original cast (including Nate) but didn't think it really would be one of the K5.

Edited by gameoff
typo
  • Love 4

I wonder if Wes killed himself. His decisions always ended up screwing the rest of the group.

Atwood is crazy. Even worse than the girl that Asher killed with his car. What kind of attorneys do they hire in that district attorney office? All nuts.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, J.D. said:

OMG, he's right.

What a depressing episode.

Just because I complained about Wes doesn't mean I actually wanted him to die. WTF. I feel like I killed him off accidentally with my complaining. I didn't mean it! I didn't mean it!  

I keep hoping there's some kind of fake-out going on. Nate seemed to have an odd smirk at times. 

• Love 6

Damn this show for tricking me into thinking Wes was alive. Damn you, Pete Nowalk, you evil genius.

Not gonna lie - this is upsetting. Wes was my fave. Guess I'll just have to follow Alfie Enoch to whatever he does next.

At least I got some good Wes/Laurel stuff before he died.

So if Wes was dead before the explosion I guess the identity of his killer will be the mystery for the second half of the season. And we still have to find out if he was really gonna betray Annalise.

I'm glad Connor at least had the good grace not to pretend he gives a fuck about Wes dying, and tbh, I was stunned to see Michaela shedding tears over it since they both spent so much time launching attacks on him.

Oliver went further down the K5 rabbit hole in this ep, what with his investigating of the night Sam Keating died. And I swore Connor was going to drunkenly confess all to him. 

Michaela and her mom were interesting. I want to know more about how she came to be adopted by that family.

Re Asher, maybe he and Michaela need a break. He's too damn officious and disrespectful of her boundaries.

I don't know how I will cope without Annalise/Wes scenes.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 12

Fuck that!  I'm angry but you know what?  I'm free.  I'm free of this show.  I can release myself now.

I hope Alfred becomes a movie star or something.  I know he was in the Harry Potter movies but I've never watched them so eh.

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

JD's twitter imbed making page scroll. . .

Huh?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Fuck that!  I'm angry but you know what?  I'm free.  I'm free of this show.  I can release myself now.

Yeah, it hurts like hell. I am a Wes fan too. Also, there are not a lot of black male leads of tv so it is loss for diversity too, but I am not ready to give up the show as yet. If he was fired then, I will rethink. Actually, most  likely he was fired.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 8
Just now, SimoneS said:

Yeah, it hurts like hell. I am a Wes fan too. Also, there are not a lot of black male leads of tv so it is loss for diversity too. I am not ready to give up the show as yet.v

Yeah, well Michaela checks this box for me as does Anna, but if they kill off Michaela, I'm gonna have some serious problems.  Sorry about Wes though, I didn't want him dead, I didn't want any of the Keating-5 dead no matter how annoying they got. 

• Love 3

Well, that was an ending.

By the middle of the episode, it could have been almost any of the guys, Connor included. I actually went through the entire episode unsure whether it was Frank, Nate, or even Wes. 

THANK GOD IT WASN'T FRANK. That's all I can say. FRANK'S NOT DEAD. I had to think that Bonnie was talking to either Frank or Wes. 

And they did it. They killed Wes. I never thought that they would, which is why I never believed anyone thinking that it was Wes. But gosh darn it, they did it. I thought that they had a lot of story left with Wes, but I'm even more impressed that they killed him. I had hoped for Nate but Wes was my next best option.

The fact that he was also dead before the fire was surprising. I don't think Laurel killed him, but who could it be? My theory? Connor did it. Not sure why he would, but probably due to a mental breakdown and how he blamed Wes for everything. I'm going with my gut on this one.  Although I guess it could also be the Mahoneys....

But we won't lose Alfred Enoch for the second half of this season, as we'll be exploring that night again. We'll see him at least a few more times in flashback, so at least Enoch gets a chance to say goodbye.

As for the rest of the episode it was good. Michaela's mom is such a piece of work. I am not surprised why Michaela doesn't want anything to do with her.

Bonnie/Annalise kissed. That happened. 

I loved the first scene a lot, almost as much as the ending to the last episode. It was so powerful. 

• Love 10

You think well at least get a few flashbacks of Wes? We have to get some right?

Bonnie/Annalise kissed. That happened. 

Yeah, but did you see Laurel hold onto Michaela's face and kiss her on the lips, when they got their grades? I know what I saw it didn't go by that quick.  

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 18

Wow....I am stunned...but I really won't miss Wes..

I am finding it interesting that they finally found Rebecca's body.....and that caused Wes to snap....

I wonder if this means Eve will come back...

So much to sift through...i may do a whole show rewatch over the next two months...

• Love 10

Really, I shouldn't be surprised. In all 3 seasons, the mid-season finale has had Wes at the center of things - killing Sam in season 1, shooting Annalise in season 2 and now dying in season 3 (leave it to Wes-lol) I'm trying to be upbeat right now, because I'm gonna miss this character like crazy.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

The fact that he was also dead before the fire was surprising. I don't think Laurel killed him, but who could it be? My theory? Connor did it. Not sure why he would, but probably due to a mental breakdown and how he blamed Wes for everything. I'm going with my gut on this one.

If Connor or any of the regulars murdered Wes, I am done because that would be unforgivable.

• Love 3
Just now, SimoneS said:

If Connor or any of the regulars murdered Wes, I am done because that would be unforgivable.

If it wasn't the Mahoney's and I don't think it was, I think it was Atwood that killed him. I knew he and Connor were still in the running for the body. We still don't know who the rat is.

Why did Annalise tell people to come to the house, and then left to go to where Oliver was?

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

If it wasn't the Mahoney's and I don't think it was, I think it was Atwood that killed him. I knew he and Connor were still in the running for the body. We still don't know who the rat is.

Why did Annalise tell people to come to the house, and then left to go to where Oliver was?

But Anna is good for telling people to meet her at her house only to show up after. This time when she showed up her house was on fire. Sometimes people are there and she comes walking in after. 

That was horrible seeing little Wes end up like that. I'm thinking of that poor kid who lost his mother and not the annoyance he was starting to become as an adult for this viewer. He had a tough life and it's going to be fucked up if they decide to turn the baby Laurel is carrying into Frank's, cause you know they damn well could pull that.

Is Asher going to start turning into his controlling father, all he needs is that trust fund and he'll try to take over Michaela's life. Which leads me to him trying to monitor her liquor intake what the hell?

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

That was horrible seeing little Wes end up like that. I'm thinking of that poor kid who lost his mother and not the annoyance he was starting to become as an adult for this viewer. He had a tough life and it's going to fucked up if they decide to turn the baby Laurel is carrying into Frank's, cause you know they damn well could pull that.

Wes is totally gonna get the George treatment after the show reveals how he died.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

She left out Oliver because he doesn't know about the murderous activities.

1 minute ago, pinkelephant3 said:

I think wes was getting a deal for all of the k5 so they all had immunity against her and would finally take her out  nate killed Wes to save annalease

This is good, really good. Cause try as he might, he just can't stop when it comes to Anna. Every time he tells her off and walks away, I roll my eyes and start to clock to when his "bitch" ass LOL, will return for another pounding from Anna.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

I think wes was getting a deal for all of the k5 so they all had immunity against her and would finally take her out  nate killed Wes to save annalease

I guess that could explain the smirk on Nate's face. I thought he looked somewhat odd when staring at Wes's burned face.

• Love 5