Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/07/2016

Athena
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Dahlia said:

I haven't been able to watch since I saw KAC was going to be on last week.  Recorded every subsequent episode up to and including today  and they sit unwatched and unwatchable on my playlist, what used to be such a great part of my day, for decades, soon to be deleted. They would be too difficult to see, like Picking a scab over and over - not  even Tuesday with my newest hero Ana :-(  

Even though I'm Canadian I had a sick sad feeling when I saw the 'crypt keeper 'pollster' returning after how it went last time, the fact she would appear again and what the polls were saying told me he would win.  With every heinous revelation yet seeing the numbers rebound made me feel so desolate inside.  Coupled with my anger at the meddling DNC, watching Candace Jed  spew and gloat and Joys pain is too much to bear.

Its deeply distressing how my perception of everything there  has shifted,  changed -all looks so different plus the feeling it will only get worse when they impeach him and get the one they really wanted to step in.    I saw someone earlier write the worst day in US 9/11 second worst 11/9 , so odd I woke Wednesday not yet knowing what actually happened but such a heavy heart nonetheless.  Terrified for my  many friends and family living there and  heartbroken for all the wonderful Americans I don't even know

I can't watch for now and I'll miss it (or maybe the hope it gave me now gone) but  this forum and the brilliance, humour, compassion and wisdom found here from all of you -  the best part  of the view experience -  sharing in that I miss most of all

I don't know how 'wonderful' I am, but I am definitely one of the Americans for whom you are heartbroken.  So am I, and I'm feeling absolutely hopeless for my country.  Perhaps this pall will lift after time; who knows.  I'm counting on Whoopie, Joy, and Sunny (when they allow her to be at the table!) to get me through the next four years.  And I  gratefully accept your sympathies - if I may use that term to describe your emotions - because I do feel as if there has been a death:  of all the slow and steady progress we've been making since 1776. Ladies of The View - I'm counting on you now!

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Live or pre-taped?  It's not airing in Canada today due to Remembrance Day special.

I'm not sure if it's live or not. I missed the opening. Either way it's enjoyable. You can probably find it on YouTube later.

17 minutes ago, dinkysquid said:

Sherri Sheppard?!!! Why?

That post mentioning Sherri was sarcasm. Look at the date mentioned.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I was about to take a sip of something while reading your post. Glad I got done reading before I did because that last part made me laugh out loud to the point where my screen would have gotten hit with my drink.

I see I have some STUNNED believers!!

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I do wonder about Barbara and her health since she isn't there. I'm guessing she would have jumped at being at the table with the other originals. 

She might be sitting with Bill Geddie planning their "very special" special with her special friends, Donald and Melania.

• Love 7

I cant open links and I haven't seen the show yet. Are there new hosts? as in..... old hosts coming back? Is it just for today or what? Meredith YAY, Star... OK yay... Debbie.... good ! (better than what we've got now except for Joy and Sunny..

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ari333 said:

I cant open links and I haven't seen the show yet. Are there new hosts? as in..... old hosts coming back? Is it just for today or what? Meredith YAY, Star... OK yay... Debbie.... good ! (better than what we've got now except for Joy and Sunny..

It was just for today sadly.

They kept promoting Whoopi's birthday show next week during the prerecorded promo for next week and all I could think was that I appreciated the warning.

• Love 4

Yes, Meredith it is a dream. A dream that this panel should have been kept together for 20 years along with occasionally BW. Lisa Ling too. Speaking of BW she must be ill, otherwise I would think she would have been on today.

Monday will be a shit show with the EGOT loving all the attention for her damn birthday probably for the whole show because she demanded it. She is the main reason this show has been ruined with her ignorance and her bullying.  

Joy seemed really happy today too.

• Love 10

Wow! That was fun today. No CCB, airhead Sara or Jediblahbah.  Did not miss them for a split second.

This was the best show they have done since The View became a train wreck.

Just four people around the table. Joy did seem really happy!

• Love 8

Loved seeing Meredith back again! She is funny, intelligent and very likable. Star and Debbie? Well, if it means no Jedi or CB, then I guess I could learn to live with it. I really enjoyed today's show. It seemed more....relaxed.

Is it just me or has Debbie paid a visit to Janet/Michael/LaToya's doctor? She now seems to have a "Jackson Nose."

Thank God that Sherri Sheppard business was a false alarm. First the election, then hearing that? Please! My poor heart can't take anymore!

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Live or pre-taped?

Must be live because they were talking about Trump being at the White House yesterday. Gosh, it was so comforting to see all of them at the table after this bad week.

• Love 14

What an amazing, comforting, enjoyable show.

Props to the show for putting it together and all the panelists for coming back. Shows us what the show should be.

#MakeTheViewGreatAgain

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 15

That was so enjoyable.  They should have promoted it and the ratings would have been through the roof

In a way, I'm glad they did not promote it.  Was such a nice surprise!

I turned in a  few minutes late and thought it was rerun of an old show, at first!

The View finally got something right.

• Love 6

I wonder if this show was planned before Tuesday's election.  Just curious.  I know where Joy and Star stand politically and I can't possibly see Meredith voting for Trump and Debbie I don't know well enough to have an opinion on.  If Hillary had won this show would have probably been different.

• Love 2

I wonder if this show was planned before Tuesday's election.  Just curious

I'm sure it was planned before the election but was planned for Veterans Day.

They are veteran co-hosts and it is the 20 year thing.

Loved that the old table and couch were back!!

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 4

I started recording the show again a couple weeks ago,  because of the election.  I haven't watched much but was looking forward to watching after Hillary won.  So after this week and the break up of my 20 Year marriage in the last few weeks,  I can just say I've been down.  Watching the recording today was a pleasant surprise. So,  while I still feel down,  today's show had me smiling. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 16
16 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I started recording the show again a couple weeks ago,  because of the election.  I haven't watched much but was looking forward to watching after Hillary won.  So after this week and the break up of my 20 Year marriage in the last few weeks,  I can just say I've been down.  Watching the recording today was a pleasant surprise. So,  while I still feel down,  today's show had me smiling. 

I'm sure many of us here feel your pain & wish you a smooth ride to a new future.  Sorry!!

• Love 16

How wonderful to see the View Vets with their (mostly!) natural faces & mature insights.  Even Star, whose egotistical attitude I despised 15 yrs ago, was a very welcome panelist - so glad she seems happy with her new relationship.  Back to the D Team Monday - WHY??

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, telemachus2 said:

Back to the D Team Monday - WHY??

D Team(minus Joy, that is). Blech- they are going to look even worse than usual on Monday, after today's show!

Add Whoopi's birthday on top of it all. UGH.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, imjagain said:

So sorry, IMJAGAIN. But as a now very happy survivor of a 25 years of marriage divorce, I promise you it will get better. I hope many things, in addition to the View, will bring you comfort.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Love2dance said:

So sorry, IMJAGAIN. But as a now very happy survivor of a 25 years of marriage divorce, I promise you it will get better. I hope many things, in addition to the View, will bring you comfort.

Thanks,  I know I'll be happier. 

I laughed when star said I'm a lawyer!  We didn't  know how great we had it back in the day.... Oh how that applies to so many  things,  lol. 

• Love 6

It was like no time had past. Granted, their faces looked a little different but everyone seemed comfortable & at ease. We all know the history with Star and how she left but she was still invited back. Time really does heal all wounds and for one day it was a nice and relaxing show. I also think that they are so more mature and they appreciate what the show did for them. That said, they have so many different woman now that I don't watch the show. Occasionally, I will tape the Friday show since Joy moderates. I think Whoppi is beyond horrible.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If today was a dream, I don't want to wake up! Such a wonderful show! I hope the ratings spike and rocket ? like crazy so that the original cast can be brought back. Plus Lisa and Sunny!

And I'm so glad Joy gave Debbie what the Orange ? Menace thinks would be phenomenal versus her very very very naive belief that a racist, bigoted, misogynistic, sexist xenophobe would do a phenomenal job. Please. The only two presidents during my life time that did that was Clinton-we had a surplus!!! when he left office, and Obama, who gave us healthcare, though not perfect, but other things. And today permanently protected Planned Parenthood from being defunded.

I meant to post this here!

• Love 2