Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/07/2016

Athena
  • Start Topic

Did anyone read Star's book? I'm actually curious about the show(based on her book)  she talked about. Debbie pointing out that she wasn't even a character,  did crack me up.  Wasn't she gone before the first season ended? 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sunny is 48?  I never would have guessed. I thought she was 40ish with Sara, Paula, CCB, and Ed. (Heh)

She definitely looks younger than she is (if that age is true). I would've guessed somewhere from 40 to 44.

How wonderful to see all the original women back together. It would be fun if every Friday they had a reunion of the various panels they've had over the years, but I know that Rosie would not return for the two panels she was a part of, so never mind. I'd like to see Meredith, Star, Joy, and Lisa back together one more time at least. Debbie wasn't as bad as I remembered. Joy looked a little teary? (Which is very rare for her.) Not sure if it was from having a blast from the past sitting with the other women, comparing that panel to what currently passes for The View, or the election still weighing on her mind. I'd take any of these three over what's currently on the roster.

Why oh why can't they bring Meredith back next season if nothing else? I imagine Joy would be happy to play number 2 to her. I used to think Whoopi and Joy had a friendship, but it hasn't seemed that way this season. I personally think Whoopi just went crazy at some point during the Rosie season (maybe because of her brother, Robin Williams, or the back pain/mouth problems); age hit her at a faster pace than it did Barbara, that's for sure.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 6

I loved seeing these women back.  What a breath of fresh air!  They have too many hosts now, four is the magic number.  

I have watched this show for years and religion has not been a common topic of discussion, if at all, that I remember.  New rule, no religion talk unless tangent to a topic they are covering and NO proselytizing.  

Joy, Sunny and one other.   I think Whoopie is there to stay.  There is no need to cast a younger person, they don't watch this show.  Stick with smart adults.  Deborah Norville might work.  I don't know much about her other than she is a smart adult.  

• Love 3
16 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

She definitely looks younger than she is (if that age is true). I would've guessed somewhere from 40 to 44.

How wonderful to see all the original women back together. It would be fun if every Friday they had a reunion of the various panels they've had over the years, but I know that Rosie would not return for the two panels she was a part of, so never mind. I'd like to see Meredith, Star, Joy, and Lisa back together one more time at least. Debbie wasn't as bad as I remembered. Joy looked a little teary? (Which is very rare for her.) Not sure if it was from having a blast from the past sitting with the other women, comparing that panel to what currently passes for The View, or the election still weighing on her mind. I'd take any of these three over what's currently on the roster.

Why oh why can't they bring Meredith back next season if nothing else? I imagine Joy would be happy to play number 2 to her. I used to think Whoopi and Joy had a friendship, but it hasn't seemed that way this season. I personally think Whoopi just went crazy at some point during the Rosie season (maybe because of her brother, Robin Williams, or the back pain/mouth problems); age hit her at a faster pace than it did Barbara, that's for sure.

Meredith has been on the show twice so far this season and was the only guest I can think of that also did after show. So I don't think Meredith being talks with the View for next season is out of question.. I think signing Meredith in place of Whoopi would definitely get the show signed on for another few years. 

• Love 8

Why oh why can't they bring Meredith back next season if nothing else?

Meredith is going to be 63 next month.   Her husband has health issues and that was one reason she left the Today show. Her own talk show didn't work.

She could be at the point where she doesn't want the grind of a daily show much less dealing with the flakes CCB and airhead Sara. Add in Jediblahblah and why would she want to deal with all of that?

• Love 2
On 11/12/2016 at 1:38 PM, tvaddict44 said:

Did Star ever say if this was the same book she wrote many years ago (which was a very thinly veiled story of the view) or another new one?  I wasn't clear. I never read it but several said at the time that it wasn't very well written.  Off to check on my book website...

Took reply to Professional life after the View.

5 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

Meredith is going to be 63 next month.   Her husband has health issues and that was one reason she left the Today show. Her own talk show didn't work.

She could be at the point where she doesn't want the grind of a daily show much less dealing with the flakes CCB and airhead Sara. Add in Jediblahblah and why would she want to deal with all of that?

She had to wake up at 4am or some crazy hour and the Today show plus her NBC news extras were a much bigger obligation for her plus they could always give her Fridays off like Whoopster. Idk she's doing this documentary stuff after a failed talk show. A Katie Couricish route and she is still working so lets hope!

• Love 1
On 2016-11-12 at 10:42 AM, atlantaloves said:

Boy did we need this show this week...you gals are so right, it was wonderful to see adults talking....fabulous....and without Whoopie. 

Fridays show was exactly what I needed.  If you guys hadn't told me I would have deleted it Thank you so much. Don't know how it happened but I'm so grateful. Meredith is perfection in that chair ?

Edited by Dahlia
  • Love 4