Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/07/2016

Athena
  • Start Topic

41 minutes ago, backformore said:

I HATED Whooip's mocking of Jennifer Aniston's message. 

People have been feeling sorry for Aniston  for a long time, and she's just telling people to stop. 

Whoopi was in a movie with Angelina Jolie (Girl Interrupted) so Whoopi probably thinks her and Angelina are besties.  IIRC when Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt first split Whoopi said she knew Angelina and blah blah blah.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I did not know you could go to another state and vote. I thought you had to be a resident. Must have been absent that day in school. 

I know, right? Maybe if he has a house there (and does not live there).... how is he a resident?

• Love 1

I love Ana Navarro, but she is a Republican.  After this election I probably won't like what she has to say.  Lol  But even when I disagreed with her in the past, I always thought she was whip smart and had well reasoned opinions.

• Love 11

Loved the Ana Navarro interview. I hate that they had both her and Padma as contributors this time last year and they ditched them. I'd definitely have preferred her at the table over Crème Brûlée and Jedilyingliarwholies. Watching her meltdowns after Jeb Bush lost and then when the Billy Bush video with Trump came out would've been fun. I laughed at Joy's reaction when she suggested Ana should run and then Jedilyingliarwholies interjected about Joy voting for a Republican if that happened. Ana's speech was wonderful, and seeing Crème Brûlée's and Jedilyingliarwholies's stone faces while she was speaking explains everything you ever need to know about who they are.

• Love 13

Candace is sure that all powerful and all knowing God will make things right no matter who is elected. I have a cousin who believes the same thing. Where was that God during Hitler's regime, or where is he now or in times past when war or man's inhumanity to man causes horrific tragedies, including the suffering and death of so many children? The logic of believing that God watches over the USA and will make things peachy, no matter what, blows my mind.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 16
41 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Loved the Ana Navarro interview. I hate that they had both her and Padma as contributors this time last year and they ditched them. I'd definitely have preferred her at the table over Crème Brûlée and Jedilyingliarwholies. Watching her meltdowns after Jeb Bush lost and then when the Billy Bush video with Trump came out would've been fun. I laughed at Joy's reaction when she suggested Ana should run and then Jedilyingliarwholies interjected about Joy voting for a Republican if that happened. Ana's speech was wonderful, and seeing Crème Brûlée's and Jedilyingliarwholies's stone faces while she was speaking explains everything you ever need to know about who they are.

Anna was awesome! Yes she is a Republican, but she is smart. She is principled and she is able to explain her views and beliefs clearly. You can tell she has actually thought about why she believes what she believes. (Unlike someone else we know) I appreciate anyone of either party that can do that. And Joy is correct we need a robust, fulling functioning two party system. It is good for our democracy. I hope as a Democrat if my party ever nominated anyone I truly thought was a threat to the country I'd be able to put country over party. (although if i'm being honest, I don't think anyone like that would ever make it out of our primary process). And boy oh boy! Candace's face during Ana's rant was a sight to behold!

I agree that Ana would have made a much better GOP addition to this panel. I follow her on Twitter and she is a hoot! HEr boyfriend who owns the Bitlmore Hotel in Florida is a big Democratic fundraiser. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, susieq147 said:

Whoopi was in a movie with Angelina Jolie (Girl Interrupted) so Whoopi probably thinks her and Angelina are besties.  IIRC when Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt first split Whoopi said she knew Angelina and blah blah blah.

Because everything is always about Whoopi. 

6 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Candace is sure that all powerful and all knowing God will make things right no matter who is elected. I have a cousin who believes the same thing. Where was that God during Hitler's regime, or where is he now or in times past when war or man's inhumanity to man causes horrific tragedies, including the suffering and death of so many children? The logic of believing that God watches over the USA and will make things peachy, no matter what, blows my mind.

I think Born Again Barbie was saying that no matter the result of the election today, her life will go on unfazed.  Bigotry and misogyny are just big words to her.    She doesn't really understand "government" so she won't even know if the U.S. Constitution is trashed.  Her healthcare will not change, nor her income.  No one will be deporting people at her church.  Her bubble will remain intact, even if her country falls apart.  

However, she will have to explain to her daughter and maybe one day a granddaughter that she chose to support a demagogue over the first woman president, but that's about it.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

However, she will have to explain to her daughter and maybe one day a granddaughter that she chose to support a demagogue over the first woman president, but that's about it.

Oh I'm sure BAB will be raising her daughter to believe our first woman president (oh please god let it be true) was simply a mistake all us heathen non evangelicals brought forth on this country.

• Love 4

Today's show was worth watching, if only to see the footage - that NEVER gets old - of the magnificent Ana Navarro deliver a well-deserved smack down to Scottie Hughes, another loathsome, brain washed Trumpette who while not as vile as KAC, is pretty damn close. The audience was on their feet, as was I.

I've been noticing in the past few weeks that the CNN people have gone over their limits of tolerance with having to deal with these Trump surrogates. There's a lot of eye-rolling and the frustration is definitely showing on poor Anderson Cooper.  

I will definitely NOT miss seeing those stupid, annoying women, defending a man as hateful and misogynist as Trump.

When Candace started blathering on about people having to do a a lot of praying, I hit the fast forward as I did for Mario. Some days his hyper, loud persona are really aggravating.

• Love 7

Yeah when you have multiple residences you can pick your voting place and Florida might be especially lenient since so many people only live there part time. I thought Ana was great but damn after courting the republicans and progressives, Hillary is going to have her feet held to the fire by two different ends. GOOD LUCK HILLARY I really do believe in you. 

Edited by Bmarsh
  • Love 2

I guess Chipmunk's God didn't give humans free will, eh? That "her" God will unite people and "pick" the right winner? Pardon me if I "misquoted" her, but I'm doped up on meds, because apparently, this election cycle has made me sick-woke up with what I hope isn't strep throat, but my throat is saying otherwise; I can't swallow without a shaft of pain running down my esophagus. Sneezing, sniffling, and running a fever.

Also, I'm not sure what Whoopi means when she says her friend told her: "All the racists support [sic] Drumpf, but all the racists are voting." I think what she (her friend) meant was that all the racists are voting for that asshole. Because I can't imagine people who aren't racist, would vote for...a racist. Maybe I'm naive or stupid, but to me, if you're (the general YOU) are voting for a racist, that means you agree with said racist, and ergo, are a racist yourself.

I think Whoopi is trying to be clever. And failing.

Okay, there was a building burning in DC this morning, that looked like the Twin Towers from 9/11, so the show was interrupted for like a minute. What did I miss? It cut off after Jedifembotlyingliarwholies said she hadn't voted "yet."

• Love 3

I read the quote by Whoopi phrased another way.  What I saw online was "All Republicans are not racists but all racists are Republicans."  Not judging anyone, just repeating what I read.

Edited by Bluebonnetgirl
misspelling
  • Love 2

Yes, GreenKnight, I really dislike Wallace too--for promoting that berk Palin, as well as the yodel in her voice, plus she is not substantive inher responses/reasoning IMHO.  She's just not my idea of a strong pundit, nor even close to Maddow's caliber.  And BriWi is a tool.

Nicole hated Sarah Palin, almost as much as she hates Trump, but it was her job to put up with her. I think she has an interesting insight on the behind the scenes stuff.  I dunno, I always thought she'd be cool to hang out with. I can't argue her voice though. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Bluebonnetgirl said:

I read the quote by Whoopi pharsed another way.  What I saw online was "All Republicans are not racists but all racists are Republicans."  Not judging anyone, just repeating what I read.

No.  She said not all Republican voters are racist but all racists are voting. Just short of calling Republicans racist. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Bluebonnetgirl said:

I read the quote by Whoopi phrased another way.  What I saw online was "All Republicans are not racists but all racists are Republicans."  Not judging anyone, just repeating what I read.

No. she didn't say that. That sentence: "All Republicans aren't racists, but all racists are Republicans" is something BILL MAHER has been saying for years.

7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

No.  She said not all Republican voters are racist but all racists are voting. Just short of calling Republicans racist. 

Yep. But she said "a friend of hers" said that to her.

Just as many have issues with Hillary, I have my issues with Ana, but she's the kind of Republican I can actually have a civil conversation with! Though I raised my brows with what issues she has with Hillary, she doesn't say it with the filter of sexism/racism/etc. 

That said, I LOVED her glorious smackdown, and you could tell that she got angry amidst her passion. Chipmunk might as well not have shown up; She's all "everyone haaaates meeeeee!" And everyone should listen and clap when I state my opinion as fact, but I will not, NOT applaud when someone else says something intelligent or that makes sense. Because I'm a bigoted racist, but don't think I am, because I have friends who are minorities!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Candace said they are Florida residents.  I don't know what the requirements are for residency.  I believe that Roseanne has lived in Hawaii for years, but is a resident of California.

Actually, I heard her say they have a home in Florida which appears as though her husband claims residency.  She votes in California where they also have a home.The advantage of being a Florida resident is that they do not pay state income tax .

• Love 2

It’s going to be like a funeral dirge on this show tomorrow. The only thing I can process is, like Joy said, there’s no stopping and being silenced just because the worst has happened. I just didn’t want 4 years to be spent this way. If only it had been Kasich or even Rubio/Jeb if it had to happen.

• Love 9

Well, I don't know why anyone would be upset. Clearly this is the way GOD wanted things!!!! Just ask Candice!!! 

LOL I'm sorry, I've been staring at this screen for 20 minutes trying to think of something inspiring to say and at the last second decided to go with some snark to try and lighten the inevitable dark mood about to descend on the universe this board. 

I feel like I am falling down a deep, dark hole watching the stars recede into the distance so I am grasping.  Apologies. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It’s going to be like a funeral dirge on this show tomorrow. The only thing I can process is, like Joy said, there’s no stopping and being silenced just because the worst has happened. I just didn’t want 4 years to be spent this way. If only it had been Kasich or even Rubio/Jeb if it had to happen.

Ok, I'll say it.  I was so looking forward to CCB's sour puss face after a Hillary win. It is not to be.  Welp, I certainly hope that the universe or god intervenes as per CCB's comments, bc Orange is going to run civilization off a cliff. Or he'll delegate that task to Pence.

(If Jeb had been more assertive he could have thrown off Orange, imo)

I guess I'll, reluctantly and with great sadness, watch the show today just so I can come here and understand the comments.

1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

I'd find it hilarious if ONLY Candace showed up at the table this morning.  She'd be GLOWING in her righteousness!

OMG that is brilliant and the first laugh I have had since last night. I need to laugh. And stop crying.

My new motto for the next 4 years (if this show lasts that long): Pass the Pepto

• Love 6

Here's one CCB: "Life is a sucking, swirling eddy of despair, in a world full of false hope, in an ever blackening universe. "

What am I saying? Her life will be exactly the same, so  all is good... for her.. and that's what matters.

Forgive me. I'm in shock and bitter...and terrified. Rump will have his orange mitts on the button.  WWIII , here we come.

• Love 7

I hate CCB on this show. She's perfectly fine on full house but today - I just didn't want to hear her. This panel is such a symbol for America and why Trump won. Educated Sonny Hostin is hardly on and bland Sara Haines and Candice keep a seat at the table. That is why Donald Trump is the president.

The discussion today is just sad.

Edited by Miss Slay
spelling. It's been a long night
  • Love 10

Joy is doing well this morning and Matthew Dowd is making a lot of sense. When Trump won Florida I knew it wasn't going to go Hillary's way. This, after Ana Navarro's brilliant appearance yesterday and many other Republicans who didn't support him. He won anyway.

• Love 7

CCB voted on "policy." I WISH someone had just asked her, "Which policies exactly?"

God help me, I agreed with Whoopi today.  She referred to Orange as a "fool." Normally I'd say let's respect the office if not the man, but in this case I'm with her on this.  I agree, too, that I see "stop and frisk" coming back. It won't likely be me, but it will be some people in my family who I love so much.

Also, I agree with what Joy said, in that men can get away with anything and women can get away with nothing.

CCB: "I hope this brings us to a hor-i-ZENTAL posture." Oh, please DO STFU.

Indeed, comedians will have a field day and additionally, the whole world will be laughing AT us. We have a turd for president -elect. I dread the holidays.

• Love 13

Jedidingbat thinks Obama would have won based on his high approval ratings yet mentioned before that Obamacare is why Trump won. Obama's legacy was on the ballot and he campaigned for Sec. Clinton but he would have won easily? The fact that she dismissed race not being a factor in the mess is maddening. White Nationalism was on the ballot and white voters put a racist in the white house. This wasn't about class, jobs, or Obamacare, get real. Those "policies" that Candace voted for are what won Muslim ban, wall building, and deportations, stop and frisk, and guns everywhere, etc. What does that have to do with disenfranchised voters? Joy was right, these are irrational people who blame the "other" for there short comings and hard times and Trump stoked the racist flames. 

• Love 18

I haven't been able to sleep for over 25 hours. Okay, I may have finally napped for two hours this morning, from 6-8. I couldn't believe what happened last night.

I'm on the East Coast, so I'm not sure if the show aired, since Hillary gave her concession speech at the top of the hour when this show airs. I'll probably watch it online or on demand later.

I am horrified/sad/numb/in shock.

2 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

Jedidingbat thinks Obama would have won based on his high approval ratings yet mentioned before that Obamacare is why Trump won. Obama's legacy was on the ballot and he campaigned for Sec. Clinton but he would have won easily? The fact that she dismissed race not being a factor in the mess is maddening. White Nationalism was on the ballot and white voters put a racist in the white house. This wasn't about class, jobs, or Obamacare, get real. Those "policies" that Candace voted for are what won Muslim ban, wall building, and deportations, stop and frisk, and guns everywhere, etc. What does that have to do with disenfranchised voters? Joy was right, these are irrational people who blame the "other" for there short comings and hard times and Trump stoked the racist flames. 

She can just STFU. Like Van Jones said last night/early this morning, this was a "whitelash." It wasn't just the poor, high school educated,white, blue collar men who voted for this asshole. YOUNG WOMEN, white women, voted for him; college educated, suburban women and college grads, WHITE, who voted for him. I can't believe how he was able to sweep ALL the swing states. Hillary was graceful, emotional, strong in her concession speech. 

So Jedifoxbot can STFU. I need to call my doctor for some drugs.

• Love 20

Trump stoked the racists yes. But what didn't help was white people at Temple University getting beat up. Elderly white women getting jumped on in NYC. Slashings with box cutters on NYC subways because they wanted to hurt white people. Reverse racism. Yes.

Trump stoked the discontent and used it to his advantage and it worked.

Not Obama's fault.

• Love 3

Sara's inane comment about the primaries that Joy had the gall to agree with was also maddening. Hillary won the primary with votes. The majority  of Poc and white voters wanted her as the nominee. The DNC's preference had nothing to do with how Bernie was wholly rejected by poc. How harder did the primary should have gone? Give me a break. 

This crap about insider and outsider that Jedidumbstruck was nonsense too. This was about racial antipathy and sexism. 

• Love 10

Whoopi was actually good today. Almost made me like her again. Her response to Joy about it being a while before we can laugh again is right. It’s harder to laugh at the hatred and the absurd when it’s true. I’m so glad I’ll have Joy here to help me make it through the next 4 years. I need a couple of good people on TV to lean on now. I don’t even know how to resolve myself with my family right now who proudly voted for this. I don’t think I can ever look at them the same again. Jedi can go f*** herself.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Whoopi was actually good today. Almost made me like her again. Her response to Joy about it being a while before we can laugh again is right. It’s harder to laugh at the hatred and the absurd when it’s true. I’m so glad I’ll have Joy here to help me make it through this election. I need a couple of good people on TV to lean on now. I don’t even know how to resolve myself with my family right now who proudly voted for this. I don’t think I can ever look at them the same again. Jedi can go f*** herself.

Agree. I really loved what she said to Chipmunk today. ARGH. Chipmunk. NOT EVERYONE is religious! What was that word salad about getting down on our knees, our faces to the floor to pray? That she was allowed to speak that way, and then not accept that others thought differently was disgusting and nauseating. 

And GOD. Jedilyingliarwholies doesn't know SHIT. People didn't vote their conscience. All the RACISTS came out to vote and won. And the faction of those Bernie supporters who hate Hillary, did this.

Love Matthew.

• Love 11

How the effing hell do we get rid of that effing electoral college bullshit? Sorry; I'm still so nauseated I cant think straight. Get ready for World War III. That man will have  access to the button.  

Loved Mathew. He was slightly calming if anything can be calming.

I loved Joy's "Was he (rump) medicated?" Good question.

• Love 10

Shit. The show was interrupted just when Whoopi was handing Jeditonedeaffoxbot her ass. Will definitely have to see if the show will be up online later.

And her shit-eating grin while Whoopi AND Joy tried to explain to her White ASS, why Obama got obstructionism, reminded me of Sherri's shit-eating grin whenever they had a celebrity on the show who was gay. She disgusts me.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Agree. I really loved what she said to Chipmunk today. ARGH. Chipmunk. NOT EVERYONE is religious! What was that word salad about getting down on our knees, our faces to the floor to pray? That she was allowed to speak that way, and then not accept that others thought differently was disgusting and nauseating. 

And GOD. Jedilyingliarwholies doesn't know SHIT. People didn't vote their conscience. All the RACISTS came out to vote and won. And the faction of those Bernie supporters who hate Hillary, did this.

Love Matthew.

I'd also like to point out that in 2012 most of those white voters that supported Obama left him from 2008. Obama wasn't running against a racist, xenophobe. All of this has been accumulating for years, just because some of them voted for him then doesn't mean there wasn't a racial element to it then, it is certainly more of a big deal now that they have someone speaking to their deep seated bigotry. It's the policies that appear to feed into want they think is maligning them that is the key along with the changing demographics of this country. Don't tell me they didn't vote to keep white privilege a big thing.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Shit. The show was interrupted just when Whoopi was handing Jeditonedeaffoxbot her ass. Will definitely have to see if the show will be up online later.

And her shit-eating grin while Whoopi AND Joy tried to explain to her White ASS, why Obama got obstructionism, reminded me of Sherri's shit-eating grin whenever they had a celebrity on the show who was gay. She disgusts me.

Dammit I was proud of Whoopi and I never thought I'd say that. She had me when she spoke about that "park my car" and Jed was so fucking clueless.

I wanted to literally reach into the teevee & choke that smug little bitch (CCB), along with Jedi.  I've had a snoot full of both of them!!  Oh yes, & Sara can just fuck off too.

Get out of my head ,lady! YES!!!

Edited by ari333
  • Love 2

Well the "View" was interrupted by Hillary's speech with an awesome intro by someone. When she walked out I started crying like a baby. I'm a mess. And I haven't even heard her speak yet.

• Love 5