Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/07/2016

Athena
  • Start Topic

The best part about Candace being at the table—well, the only good thing about her being at the table—is watching her face steam up while listening to Joy talk and then being too incompetent to know how to counter her.

Jedi was still trying to downplay what Comey did (surprise, surprise), but I’m glad Joy was not cooperating. It’s incredibly disconcerting and infuriating to see our FBI violate the law to sway the election. Even worse to think that a member of one of the campaigns (Giuliani) has contacts there to help manipulate how things play out. I’m glad Whoopi smacked down the Jedi in one of her endless attempts to spin for Trump. I have no respect for anyone who supports him, and that includes Jedi who comes to his defense almost daily

Joy wondering about how much her mother would have liked a Swiffer made me laugh.

• Love 16

I hate the time change too. I'm with Whoopi on that.

Me too and I hate it more than ever in the Spring.

Is it just my TV or does Airhead Sara look very orange? I noticed it last week also.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

I hate the time change too. I'm with Whoopi on that.

Weirdly, the getting-dark-early time change is "real" time. We are on "artificial" time (DST) for about twice the amount of time we are not. As a night owl, I dislike losing my afternoon daylight. This reminds me to start waking up earlier to take advantage of more hours of light.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

And did Candace really mutter that Hillary lies behind your back and Donald lies to your face? Girl.....

Please tell me she didn't say that.  But knowing BAB I can see that would be her logic for disliking Hillary and liking Trump.  In other words she is an idiot.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

Maybe Ana Narravo can teach Candace a thing or two about being a responsible Republican. And did Candace really mutter that Hillary lies behind your back and Donald lies to your face? Girl.....

Heard it.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

Maybe Ana Narravo can teach Candace a thing or two about being a responsible Republican. And did Candace really mutter that Hillary lies behind your back and Donald lies to your face? Girl.....

Yes, May, that's exactly what she said!  The gutless little bitch!!

• Love 5

So are we going to create another topic for the election special on Lifetime or just posting in the regular, weekly thread?

Gosh, you have the energy to watch that? We know Whoppi and Paula are out. I really doubt Sunny is going to show up.

So that leaves Joy, CCB, Airhead Sara and Jediblahblah. Could Raven be there?

I don't think I could take watching it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, May Jacks said:

Though I've been loving Ana's smackdowns of all the Orangutan's sycophants, I'm still side-eyeing her, because she threw away her own vote: she didn't vote for Hillary, but wrote in her mother's name for President. Unless that's her idea of being a good Republican--if their nominee is a monster, but you don't want to cross party lines, you just write in who you want.

52 minutes ago, backformore said:

Jed - shut the fuck up about the stupid fucking EMAILS!    

(sorry, I'm tense.  I only watched the first few minutes, and she was really pissing me off)

For real! Seriously! She keeps harping on that and that she's against Hillary on her "policies." Which policies? The one where she's for women's rights? Human rights? Children's rights? Stronger background checks for guns? That Climate change is a real threat? What?

25 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

Please tell me she didn't say that.  But knowing BAB I can see that would be her logic for disliking Hillary and liking Trump.  In other words she is an idiot.

She sure as fuck did, but I'm glad it was pretty much drowned out by the audience. And she and Jedfoxbot can STFU already. I keep reading how Hillary's gone "low" instead of high. How exactly? And I've never read or heard Hillary, or her camp, do the yo-yo of "she loves Comey, she hates Comey" that the Orange blowhard has done. Consistently. And that Joy didn't call her on that.

I've gotta disagree with Joy that the whole "email scandal" changed people's votes. Meaning that those that were going to vote for Hillary, changed their minds after that nonsense that was pretty much debunked within hours. On the contrary, this latest bullshit just made more people vote early and vote for Hillary (based on what I've read here and other places).

I noticed the shade that Chipmunk tried to throw at Obama because he was the one to appoint Comey. As if people should question Obama's judgment. She's such a piece of shit, I wonder how anyone puts up with her. And I'm talking of fellow actors and actresses, who are openly liberal, and that she's now come out to vote for a racist/sexist/bigot/xenophobe.

Why? Does Sara continue to air her personal and dirty laundry to the masses?

• Love 8

I wouldn't mind the dark at five pm if we worked up to it and had regular time all the time.  Plus as a fresh air fiend when I sleep, I would actually like it to get a little darker earlier in the summer than it does.  Where I live I have a small stream and a larger creek bound two lines of my property and live in a sort of hollow that gets wonderful cool air almost every night even in the hottest weather.  But it takes a little while for that natural air conditioning to offset the heat of the day and the start of the cool down after sundown being an hour earlier would actually be nicer -- plus in this day of central air, some economists think that having an earlier dark would be less costly for most consumers in the US.  More daylight earlier means it is warming up time instead of lingering heat time in the evening.  I think society and culture would survive dark starting to set in at 8 pm in my parts instead of 9 pm.  Plus earlier Fourth of July fireworks.  I'm just saying.

Hair and Make Up Bure bashes her overly made up face in the truth and blames it for causing pain. She really is a heinous piece of work.

Jediblahblah was in regular form.  Trying to sweep over the fact that Republicans even found Comey's actions, and not just these recent ones, but his actions back in July, to be unprofessional and completely wrong in terms of placing influence on the election process.  Claiming it is an unintended consequence is like claiming your aim was not to cause a fire by dumping a can of gas on a match -- you thought there was just as big a chance of the deluge putting it out?  Is shit.  And Jediblahblah knows that.  It was not business as usual.  Everyone else thought that.  Even rank and file FBI.  In fact from what is being muttered seems to indicate that many career agents are not happy about how he has handled this and that some even used the regulations to push the look into the emails Weiner's computer was used to access in cloud to a higher and much faster level of scrutiny than Comey wanted.  Comey seems to have been hoping ambiguity would prevail going into the polls tomorrow from his memos two Fridays ago.  Jediblahblah seems to have a memory as strong as Hair and Make Up Bure's logic.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Though I've been loving Ana's smackdowns of all the Orangutan's sycophants, I'm still side-eyeing her, because she threw away her own vote: she didn't vote for Hillary, but wrote in her mother's name for President. Unless that's her idea of being a good Republican--if their nominee is a monster, but you don't want to cross party lines, you just write in who you want.

Ana, just wrote a piece on CNN today saying she voted for Hillary! She lives in Florida and she said it's too close there to waste her vote on a protest vote. So that she be a great discussion tomorrow with CCB!

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

For real! Seriously! She keeps harping on that and that she's against Hillary on her "policies." Which policies? The one where she's for women's rights? Human rights? Children's rights? Stronger background checks for guns? That Climate change is a real threat? What?

She sure as fuck did, but I'm glad it was pretty much drowned out by the audience. And she and Jedfoxbot can STFU already. I keep reading how Hillary's gone "low" instead of high. How exactly? And I've never read or heard Hillary, or her camp, do the yo-yo of "she loves Comey, she hates Comey" that the Orange blowhard has done. Consistently. And that Joy didn't call her on that.

I've gotta disagree with Joy that the whole "email scandal" changed people's votes. Meaning that those that were going to vote for Hillary, changed their minds after that nonsense that was pretty much debunked within hours. On the contrary, this latest bullshit just made more people vote early and vote for Hillary (based on what I've read here and other places).

I noticed the shade that Chipmunk tried to throw at Obama because he was the one to appoint Comey. As if people should question Obama's judgment. She's such a piece of shit, I wonder how anyone puts up with her. And I'm talking of fellow actors and actresses, who are openly liberal, and that she's now come out to vote for a racist/sexist/bigot/xenophobe.

Why? Does Sara continue to air her personal and dirty laundry to the masses?

Actually Ana did vote for Hillary. You can check out her article on CNN about why she is voting against Donald by voting for Hillary. She said Hillary's bad judgments can be stopped by check and balances but Trumps character will and already has a horrible effect on the country. 

• Love 12
Just now, spiritof76 said:

Ana, just wrote a piece on CNN today saying she voted for Hillary! She lives in Florida and she said it's too close there to waste her vote on a protest vote. So that she be a great discussion tomorrow with CCB!

She did? That was not what I'd read before. Or heard before. So, I stand corrected. I'm glad she made sure her vote counted.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, spiritof76 said:

whoops sorry we posted at same time lol and Ana's argument will go right over CCB's head. Ana doesn't vote dem Reagens fight against communist. She says her dad thinks the Dems are a bunch of commies lol. Ana is pro gay marriage and probably pro choicey or much closer than CCB. Candace doesn't voted dem mainly bc of social issues. 

Edited by Bmarsh
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I definitely noticed when watching, but forgot it when I came here. She should be a fan of Comey's because he has a R next to his name, shouldn't she? Or is he evil because he was appointed by Obama? And apparently Hillary and Obama have to be evil incarnate because of the D next to their names (which I imagine stands for Devil to Crème-Brule) and Trump is God's choice just because of the R next to his name--despite the stark contrast between their demeanors and behaviors. She is such a tool.

2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'll be watching MSNBC with Williams & Wallace (love that), Maddow, et al.

I don't like Wallace at all and find Maddow a bit smarmy even though I agree with her. I'll stick with Joy to unwind (and, thankfully, Sunny will also be there--YAY!), maybe flipping elsewhere during commercials. Too bad Crème-Brule will be there instead of Paula despite the latter having broadcasting experience, a voice that doesn't sound like a gargle, and the ability to speak coherently while the former possesses none of those qualities.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I definitely noticed when watching, but forgot it when I came here. She should be a fan of Comey's because he has a R next to his name, shouldn't she? Or is he evil because he was appointed by Obama? And apparently Hillary and Obama have to be evil incarnate because of the D next to their names (which I imagine stands for Devil to Crème-Brule) and Trump is God's choice just because of the R next to his name--despite the stark contrast between their demeanors and behaviors. She is such a tool.

I don't like Wallace at all and find Maddow a bit smarmy even though I agree with her. I'll stick with Joy to unwind (and, thankfully, Sunny will also be there--YAY!), maybe flipping elsewhere during commercials. Too bad Crème-Brule will be there instead of Paula despite the latter having broadcasting experience, a voice that doesn't sound like a gargle, and the ability to speak coherently while the former possesses none of those qualities.

They will be having journalist Juju Chang with them. 

Edited by Bmarsh
29 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Same here, Medicine Crow, Rachel and Nicolle are my new favorite media couple.

I know Brian Williams has had a hard row to hoe, but, from what I'm reading on MSNBC, he's won over a lot of "haters" on his little show.  (I was slightly pissed with him for lying, but I always thought he was wasted just reading the news.)  He's in his element now & can give & take with the smartest because he is so quick & has a firm grasp on descriptive language.  Just sayin'.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She did? That was not what I'd read before. Or heard before. So, I stand corrected. I'm glad she made sure her vote counted.

Yeah she posted it today. You are right she had been saying she was going to write in her mother. In the end she said it's just too close in Florida and she didn't want to take any chances.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, spiritof76 said:

Ana, just wrote a piece on CNN today saying she voted for Hillary! She lives in Florida and she said it's too close there to waste her vote on a protest vote. 

But ... but ... Raven said everyone should vote for whomever they want to, even if it essentially renders you participation in the election of the leader of the free world completely meaningless because you are foolishly squandering  casting your vote for someone who has absolutely no chance of winning.

Did Ana Navarro not hear what Raven said or something?????  Why would she do such a crazy thing???  I'm confused!!!!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But ... but ... Raven said everyone should vote for whomever they want to, even if it essentially renders you participation in the election of the leader of the free world completely meaningless because you are foolishly squandering  casting your vote for someone who has absolutely no chance of winning.

Did Ana Navarro not hear what Raven said or something?????  Why would she do such a crazy thing???  I'm confused!!!!

speaking of Raven. she is trending on Facebook and twitter today for her picture at Disney Studios. Looks like her show is legit and not just an excuse

• Love 1

.... just as long as she's gone.

She is gone, isn't she?  I missed her announcement about leaving.  I am hoping her departure was effective immediately.  Although The View does like to drag it out and give everyone a long, self-indulgent goodbye.  Unless your name is Michelle Collins, of course.  Then they just call in Stalin's air-brusher and make it like you were never there. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

.... just as long as she's gone.

She is gone, isn't she?  I missed her announcement about leaving.  I am hoping her departure was effective immediately.  Although The View does like to drag it out and give everyone a long, self-indulgent goodbye.  Unless your name is Michelle Collins, of course.  Then they just call in Stalin's air-brusher and make it like you were never there. 

We aren't that lucky. We're stuck with her until the end of the year.

• Love 1

Yes, GreenKnight, I really dislike Wallace too--for promoting that berk Palin, as well as the yodel in her voice, plus she is not substantive inher responses/reasoning IMHO.  She's just not my idea of a strong pundit, nor even close to Maddow's caliber.  And BriWi is a tool. 

I had the spew on today while I was doing million other chores, so I did not hear BAB underhanded slam, but I heard Jedi blah blah blah go on LOUD  and clear abt fricking emails.  Hate  both cohosts  for their dishonesty.  

• Love 2

Right on Ana Navarro! What she said before Joy suggesting she run for office is exactly what I've been thinking throughout this whole election.

I tuned in just for her and wasn't disappointed. That woman should have been on this panel full time long ago.

Next up Mario Cantone. Click!

• Love 7

Candace is such a stank woman. She had a sour look on her face during the entire Ana Navarro segment. She didn't clap one time when Whoopi, the other co-hosts and the audience gave her standing ovation during that CNN montage of Anna tearing into Trumps's racist and sexist ass. She also looked displeasure when Ana said that she voted for Hillary. For someone to be this upholder of Christian values, Candace is a hypocrite.

Edited by GokaiGreen
  • Love 18

IMO BAB is a spoiled entitled white woman who is used to everything falling her way.  I seriously doubt she ever paid attention to any election before this one and is simply appalled what she wants to happen probably isn't going to happen.  I never thought I would say this but I think the View found a co host who is even more an immature brat than Elisabeth.

• Love 13

On an entirely shallow note, that haircut aged CCB ten years.

ETA_I agree with whoever said Sarah looks shiny and pearlized. I guess this is the result of strobing? Her skin looks eerily similar to Goldmember from Austin Powers.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 3

Ana Navarro is a goddess, I wished that more Republicans were like her. Had they all stood up against that orange amoeba during the primaries. Things could have been different.  Ana is putting the welfare of our country  over party loyalty. That is how it should be.  Candace truly looked befuddled over Ana Navarro and her great reasons for choosing Hillary over the Orange Hitler.. I always wonder how Candace would have been like, had she not been brainwashed by her insane brother.  I don't think that she is evil, just misguided, about life and people who are not like her...She still pisses me off and I want her off the show. She is not needed.. Like Joy, I too want Ana to run for office, her passion and love for this country is very moving....Yes, I'm with her....Go Hillary! I am so proud of our country...Our heroine will defeat the orange beast...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ana Navarro is a goddess, I wished that more Republicans were like her. Had they all stood up against that orange amoeba during the primaries. Things could have been different.  Ana is putting the welfare of our country  over party loyalty. That is how it should be.  Candace truly looked befuddled over Ana Navarro and her great reasons for choosing Hillary over the Orange Hitler.. I always wonder how Candace would have been like, had she not been brainwashed by her insane brother.  I don't think that she is evil, just misguided, about life and people who are not like her...She still pisses me off and I want her off the show. She is not needed.. Like Joy, I too want Ana to run for office, her passion and love for this country is very moving....Yes, I'm with her....Go Hillary! I am so proud of our country...Our heroine will defeat the orange beast...

It makes sense that a Hillary voter would want more Republicans to be like Ana Navarro.  I wish more Democrats were like Brunell Donald-Kyei.