Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, 100PercentPain said:

Vickie is still not done with Brooks. Raise your hand if you're surprised.

There's no way that "phone call" to Brooks where Vicki is saying she believes him and still loves him isn't a misdirect. She's wearing the same 70's costume as the scene where she fights with David. I'm sure she is sarcastically play-acting. I am intrigued, however, by Tamra and Brianna saying that Vicki stalks him.

• Love 2

I'm intrigued by the trailer.  We have organic conflict amongst the women, plus seeing Vicki and Co with cows will be interesting.

I am wondering about Heather...either her acting is getting better...or she actually is cracking.  With her husband gone filming his show and the delays in their new house...it's natural she'd crack...especially since she tries to pretend everything is perfect.

The new girl...not sure about her.

Meghan trying for a kid?  I hope she realizes thst she'll be doing most of the raising of that child given how little he cared about his 18 year old last year.

Shannon and David vow renewal...red flag!!!  though I do admit liking that brief scene of her telling her husbandshe didn't drive him to have an affair (still think it was rare of Tamra back in the season 10 reunion to offer that insight).

Not much Tamra...hmmmm

The ATV accident...wow!

Unlike NY and BH...this show seems less scripted even with prim and proper Heather in the cast lol

• Love 1
3 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

There's no way that "phone call" to Brooks where Vicki is saying she believes him and still loves him isn't a misdirect. She's wearing the same 70's costume as the scene where she fights with David. I'm sure she is sarcastically play-acting. I am intrigued, however, by Tamra and Brianna saying that Vicki stalks him.

That's what I meant. The stalking thing. 

I dunno know--I saw the preview and it looks to me like they've simply ratcheted up the same old, same old BS...stupid women in too tight, too short clothes being bitchy, screaming in scripted fights and getting more botox.

• Love 6
(edited)

Mmmm...interesting...I didn't know Heather could cry.

As far as Terry working to much, he has to, when you are buying seventy $200 interior door handles,  eighty $70 cabinet handles and two $13,000 front door handles the guy has to work.

Shut up Heather and suck it up. You know you would be bitching if he wasn't bringing in the cash. 

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 16
(edited)

Every time I start to like Heather, usually on the off season, she does something like complain about how hard it is virtually being a single mom while Terry is working. Bravo's blurb about the upcoming season says something to that effect. But she ignores the fact that she has at least one full time nanny and tons of resources to help her with her brood of four. It's insulting to those of us who are or have actually been stay at home parents with no help. I am a SAHM and not only does my husband work long hours, which is difficult but necessary, but I also don't have family in the area to help (and frankly I wouldn't want them to help if they did live close) and no hired help. I consider myself lucky that occasionally I can hire a babysitter when I have an appointment to go to. Heather in no way is approaching single mom status. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 14

I will say fitness and bodybuilding plus the behind the scenes activities going would be interesting.  it's also an organic gimmicks for Tamra this seSon...much better then robo baby in season 9...though her bible for dummies gimmick was made of reality TV gold.

• Love 1

So excited my favorite version of the show is coming back! Some light pre-season drama already getting stirred up!

Word on the street is that Vicki once again implodes toward the end of the season with everyone hating her again and predictions that this will be her last season - perhaps if they re-add Lizzie to the fray, Vicki will have the ally she needs to return for Season 12...

The Real Housewives Of Orange County- Uncensored @ 9:00 PM ET on Monday June 13

The cast and producers give an uncensored look back on the show's infamous eighth season. The special reveals new behind-the-scenes insight and never-before-seen footage exploring everything from Vicki's secret plastic surgery, the 'threesome' fight atop Whistler mountain and the cast's doubts on Gretchen's skyscraper rooftop marriage proposal.

UGH!!!!  I can't watch since I am working nightshift (I'm an RN) and my hospital doesn't get Bravo and I wouldn't be done with my 8 pm med pass and assessments by 9 pm anyway.  I refuse to pay my cable company's ridiculously high DVR fee so I'll have to read the snark here from all of you.   

20 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

The cast and producers give an uncensored look back on the show's infamous eighth season. The special reveals new behind-the-scenes insight and never-before-seen footage exploring everything from Vicki's secret plastic surgery, the 'threesome' fight atop Whistler mountain and the cast's doubts on Gretchen's skyscraper rooftop marriage proposal.

UGH!!!!  I can't watch since I am working nightshift (I'm an RN) and my hospital doesn't get Bravo and I wouldn't be done with my 8 pm med pass and assessments by 9 pm anyway.  I refuse to pay my cable company's ridiculously high DVR fee so I'll have to read the snark here from all of you.   

If it helps it runs again at 11:30 and 2:30 am (Tuesday).  I don't know if night shift means overnight or until midnight.  Of course you might not want to stay up until 2:30am and again at 3:00 pm Tuesday. 

I thought that tonight's episode would have its own thread. Anyhoo...

Gretchen and Slade did a good job of alienating everyone on the show. No surprise. I am not pleased with myself for liking some of these ho's more after seeing this show. It was interesting to see the producer's take.

• Love 1

Well that was a disappointment.  Maybe it's because I'm out of RHOC mode.  Sure, there was some interesting stuff but I kind of just didn't care.  The RHBH special was much more enticing. 

I did feel for Vicks and the comments about her physical appearance.  I hate (yes, I hate) when people make fun of the physical attributes that someone is born with.  I was repulsed by Slade when he went there.  And I think it horrible that someone would resort to plastic surgery because of others' nasty and mean comments.   That is so sad.  And worst of all, most of the people who do this anonymously through social media are probably no physical prizes themselves.  I can't stand Vicks but this sort of thing is just so wrong.  It's just another part of our society that people should take a good look in the mirror about.  Sorry, but I'm a little more sensitive because of what has happened these past few days.

• Love 1

That was a really satisfying episode, how it morphed into a bash Gretchen fest.  She's still squeezing out the crocodile tears.  Girl bye.  

I've always adored Vicki, crazy as she is.  It's too bad she went the plastic surgery route.  She was so much prettier before.

That was AWESOME! I love behind the scenes stuff, production crews and all that. The ski trip was hilarious on that regard. Poor Kevin Lee...
So it was really all Terry that Heather joined and I must admit: thanks man! You can go now but I'll keep your wife!

I've always loved Heather the most, but always thought the stuff with Terry a few seasons ago was kind of fake. How interesting that they really were having issues related to the show and the fact that Heather didn't want to be on it. I was never sure how seriously to take the claim she made years ago that Terry kind of forced her to do it because he thought it would be good for her. 

One of the most interesting nuggets was that Bravo had been trying to lure Laurie back for so long and that she had refused. I just assumed that she was desperate to be back on TV, hence the stuff about Vicki. Incredible that Vicki said on the mountain that the gal she was in bed with was her sister, and Bravo cut it out to protect the sister's privacy. 

• Love 4

at first I wondered why they decided to focus on season 8....but I'd forgotten all the funny stuff as well as the more serious stuff.

Heather with the Mexican strippers lol. Vicki melting down on the ski slope lol

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

at first I wondered why they decided to focus on season 8....but I'd forgotten all the funny stuff as well as the more serious stuff.

I wonder if it's because they did a 100 episodes special a few years back that covered a lot of the behind the scenes stuff on the earlier seasons? It did seem like an odd season to highlight, but it was still interesting, especially all of the stuff about the Mexico trip. God, I do not miss Gretchen at all. 

• Love 1

Andy said they decided to do the eighth season because the first was over twice as long ago as Beverly Hills. Would production have even been able to track down Kimberly Bryant to provide commentary? Season 8 included the present central triumvirate of Tamra, Vicki, and Heather as well as longterm and recognizable mainstays Alexis and Gretchen.

Speaking of Alexis, I didn't catch the first couple of minutes but it seemed like she and Lydia got very few talking heads.

7 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I've always loved Heather the most, but always thought the stuff with Terry a few seasons ago was kind of fake. How interesting that they really were having issues related to the show and the fact that Heather didn't want to be on it. I was never sure how seriously to take the claim she made years ago that Terry kind of forced her to do it because he thought it would be good for her. 

One of the most interesting nuggets was that Bravo had been trying to lure Laurie back for so long and that she had refused. I just assumed that she was desperate to be back on TV, hence the stuff about Vicki. Incredible that Vicki said on the mountain that the gal she was in bed with was her sister, and Bravo cut it out to protect the sister's privacy. 

Andy has always enthusiastically fantasized about Lauri returning full-time whenever she's appeared on WWHL. During season 7, he noted that tptb were "thisclose" to convincing her to come back for the sixth.

When she popped up during the Brooks imbroglio last year, a viewer called in and asked if she would ever reclaim her orange. She said probably not and Andy interrupted with "but it's always a discussion."

No wonder she is so successful at her chosen vocation; unlike the desperation-exuding Tamra and Vicks, she knows the value in leaving them wanting more.

But that she's in-demand and her consistently declined to take back her spot in the lineup does make her season 8 reentry seem really random.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Grneyedldy said:

I liked the episode and all the 4th wall stuff. I would love for them to do one every season. It made the show not quite so fake, IMHO.

I also thought Vicki looked great in her TH.

I agree, this episode actually made me more interested in watching the upcoming season. Conversely, every time Andy Cohen stubbornly insists that nothing on the show is faked/scripted/dramatized for the cameras, I lose interest in watching. It's much more fascinating to watch when they acknowledge the behind-the-scenes.

The fourth wall is basically another HW, they may as well acknowledge that there's a lot of backroom/off-camera politiking among cast mates.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Heather was one that I've always wanted to like but she would  do /say something and I'd have to pass on her lol.

I love how desperate this made Laurie look. Vicki's sister was the other women in the bed lol, Laurie knew she was spreading a big ol' lie to Gretchen .

I can't believe this episode made me excited about the ladies of the OC. I think I have just missed a housewife show.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Incredible that Vicki said on the mountain that the gal she was in bed with was her sister, and Bravo cut it out to protect the sister's privacy. 

I'd be willing to bet that Bravo cut that part not so much to protect her sister's privacy but more to titillate the viewing audience and let them wonder if Vicki was indeed in bed with a man and woman (in something more compromising than watching a movie.)  

• Love 4
On 6/13/2016 at 9:40 AM, zoeysmom said:

If it helps it runs again at 11:30 and 2:30 am (Tuesday).  I don't know if night shift means overnight or until midnight.  Of course you might not want to stay up until 2:30am and again at 3:00 pm Tuesday. 

On 6/12/2016 at 1:16 PM, crgirl412 said:

We work 12 hour shifts so it's overnight.  I only got 4 hours of sleep since getting home this morning but I'm going to try to watch it at 11:30 pm.  Thanks for the info!!! 

• Love 1
On June 1, 2016 at 3:04 PM, bosawks said:

Tams with 'roid rage, god help me, I'm all in for that!

Can you imagine a bitchier, meaner Tamra?   I'm all for it too!   As long as she's not fighting with Vicki this season.   They're both vile, but their friendship is one of the only real things on the show.   I like to see them whooping it up and acting like idiots.

ill give Tamra props for being so buff, but her quadriceps look odd and flat.   Maybe it's the angle.   And who is the disapproving Gretchen looking one in one of the shots?   Tamra must have ripped a protein heavy fart in her direction.  

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Can you imagine a bitchier, meaner Tamra?   I'm all for it too!  

Right!? Not only was she having to stick to a strict diet, she also couldn't drink while prepping for the competition. She will be off the walls bitchy to anyone in her path. That is bound to be more entertaining than the fake baby story line.  

15 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Can you imagine a bitchier, meaner Tamra?   I'm all for it too!   As long as she's not fighting with Vicki this season.   They're both vile, but their friendship is one of the only real things on the show.

This is RHOC...I'm not believing that anything here is what could even generously be described as 'real'. I think scripted, prewritten and approved by TPTB might be a more accurate description.

if true, the new girl is going to learn the hard way that she cant tradh talk shannon.  Heather, Tamra, and Meghan learned that the hard way especially come reuniom time since Shannon might not be quick on her feet during filming...but she usually will cut the other women down to size come reunion time.

• Love 4

That's one of the reasons I can't help but love Shannon. She is a complete and utter nutbar and the way she talks to David sometimes makes me cringe (although the affair factor does add some complexity to that) but I adore her. 

• Love 3
(edited)

According to new girl Kelly, she will

Spoiler

get slapped by Tamra and will have major conflict with Shannon

this season. Sounds like things are going to be way more intense than the trailer let on.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, 100PercentPain said:

That's one of the reasons I can't help but love Shannon. She is a complete and utter nutbar and the way she talks to David sometimes makes me cringe (although the affair factor does add some complexity to that) but I adore her. 

Yeah, there's something more earnest and less mean-spirited (even despite her incessant harping on certain things) about Shannon than some of the other classic big-eyed, shrieking, mouth-vomiting HWs (like a Vicki or a Ramona). I just find her brand of blunt crazy a bit more benign than so many others before her.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 10:45 AM, zoeysmom said:

Tamra in fitness competition.  If it is truly fitness and not some body building competition why does she wear 6" heels?  http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/05/31/bravo-cameras-rolling-tamra-judges-fitness-competition-plus-rhoc-co-stars-came-support/  On the same site is Tamra complaining about her daughter abandoning her.  The clues as to why might lie in the photos.

It sounds like BS to me.