Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

• Start Topic

Yuck.  It sounds like Shannon and David are taking their troubled marriage from the main stage and putting it on road.  Coming to a talk show near you its 'Dead Horse'  Watch as the leads David and Shannon beat this production that critics call pathetic and uncomfortable to watch.  "I looked away.  A lot'  Usually from another room, taking a bathroom break or getting a snack' one viewer said.  'Again?!' audiences agreed.  Even before the season ended 'Enough Already' was a loud and fervent cry from many.

Sooo.  I'm guessing they are going to that network that isn't as devoted to fine elegant and educational reality shows like VH1.  Since Kendra Wilkinson is still beating her own dead horse of marital infidelity maybe Shannon and David can get in on some of that action.  Is it on the WE network.  I know it is some network that has some really sad reality shows because it is the same one Jonathan Antin landed. 

• Love 1

New season, new wife Kelly Meza Dodd:

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/03/10/report-kelly-meza-dodd-join-real-housewives-orange-county/

"Real Housewives Of Orange County has started filming its 11th season and change is in the air. According to reports Kelly Meza-Dodd will join the cast.

This Home Security System Stopped a Crime Spree   

Kelly is married to Michael Dodd and serves as the COO of Kiss Me Mirrors, a line of compact mirrors. They live in Corona Del Mar with their daughter, Jolie.

SEE MORE PHOTOS OF KELLY BELOW!

Kelly, 40, is reportedly joining the cast in connection to Heather Dubrow, which hopefully means she’s loaded. Us Weekly reports that Kelly’s husband Michael is the former president of LeapFrong Enterprises (the kids educational gaming company).

Judging by Kelly’s prolific Instagram she likes hats, partying, travel, and being with her daughter. Kelly moved from San Francisco two years ago, and according to sources she’s going through a rough patch in her marriage, which means it’s the perfect time to join a reality show!"

• Love 2

New season, new sleazy & abusive boyfriend for Vicki:

"Vicki Gunvalson's boyfriend was accused of a shocking crime against a friend of his ex-wife.  Construction superintendent Jack Losey, who is dating The Real Housewives of Orange County star Gunvalson, was accused of aggravated assault after an acquaintance claimed he pushed her into a bonfire, and her injuries were gruesome.  Back in 1999, Tammie Jordan accused Losey of pushing her into the fire after she tried to stop him from attacking his now ex-wife Sarah Losey. She suffered terrible first and second-degree burns."

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1115581/rhoc-vicki-gunvalsons-new-boyfriend-has-a-shady-past

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 2

It looks like season 11 has some natural and organic elements....everyone still mad at Vicki...Vicki lacking judgement in the bf department...plus tamras grand daughter having a health scare plus contending with her kids having a new step mom.

• Love 2

Oh hey jo! She looks great. https://www.instagram.com/p/BDKO3RIgyFs/

It's interesting watching the first season now. At the time I was a lot younger, and now we know a hell of a lot more about Slade (ugh). I kind of found Jo to be a bit of a brat, but at the time, I was a lot younger than Jo. Watching now, I find her a lot more tolerable and fun. I think it was on some kind of looking back anniversary special that I really enjoyed Jo's commentary. I'm glad she got out while she did. Those first few seasons of OC were great.

• Love 5

Re: Alexa Curtin:

"The suit says the Deputy then had to leave to tend to ‘another more pressing matter’, but told Curtin she wasn’t free to leave and ordered her to remain in her vehicle."

So Alexa actually sat in her car and waited for the deputy to return?

I'm speechless.

• Love 2

Alexa is a mess.  But she is an adult now.  At what point do you stop blaming shitty parents for being shitty parents?  I say she's responsible now for her erratic (and erotic too?) behavior.  I can't make out what is going on in her story.  If there was something to it, she should brought formal charges.  I don't get it.

• Love 2

Re: Alexa Curtin:

"The suit says the Deputy then had to leave to tend to ‘another more pressing matter’, but told Curtin she wasn’t free to leave and ordered her to remain in her vehicle."

So Alexa actually sat in her car and waited for the deputy to return?

I'm speechless.

Actual question: Why are you speechless? As I understand it, the officer stopped her, asked her to wait, and then came back and at that point allegedly raped her. If an officer asked me to wait in my car I would probably do it. Am I wrong about the time line?

• Love 2

Actual question: Why are you speechless? As I understand it, the officer stopped her, asked her to wait, and then came back and at that point allegedly raped her. If an officer asked me to wait in my car I would probably do it. Am I wrong about the time line?

If I understand her story correctly.....the officer told her to wait in her car and then he got in his car and left. He was gone for 20 mins. I would think if she was afraid of him that she would have fled. Yes he would know her address, but she could have gone somewhere else just to be safe. Of course the obvious thing she could have done is gone for help and reported the officer.

• Love 3
(edited)

If I understand her story correctly.....the officer told her to wait in her car and then he got in his car and left. He was gone for 20 mins. I would think if she was afraid of him that she would have fled. Yes he would know her address, but she could have gone somewhere else just to be safe. Of course the obvious thing she could have done is gone for help and reported the officer.

This feels like it may go the way of blaming the victim. The smart thing to have done was to call 911 and check to see if everything was on the up and up, rather than just stay and wait or flee. But here's the thing- Alexa is not smart and lacks good life skills and common sense. She and her sister were screwed by having the parents they had. Yes, at some point you must take responsibility for your life, but if your formative years were spent with idiot parents who were constantly baked and getting kicked out of houses, you need to be an incredibly resilient and resourceful person to break that cycle. Those girls were neither.

Edited to say that I'm not saying you're blaming the victim, just that this conversation can easily go down that path.

Edited by DeeplyShallow
  • Love 7
(edited)

She and her sister were screwed by having the parents they had. Yes, at some point you must take responsibility for your life, but if your formative years were spent with idiot parents who were constantly baked and getting kicked out of houses, you need to be an incredibly resilient and resourceful person to break that cycle. Those girls were neither.

Yes and yes. Of course people must take responsibility for their actions but the reality is that there are sometimes mitigating circumstances.

My 27 year old son's GF had a home life as bad--if not worse--than the Curtins. Her father died of AIDS when she was 5. He step father is an alcoholic. Her mother is legal disabled because she's so crazy. Her brother is in jail for beating the crap out of his wife/gf..again. My son's GF was diagnosed with fiber mi alga (sic) years ago and prescribed serious legal pain killers to manage the pain which--no surprise--led to heroin. After a serious car accident which should, by all rights, have killed her 1 1/2 years ago she took stock and made a decision to get her shit together or lose everything, including my son and, probably, her life. Seriously smarter than the Curtin's, she's now clean, back in college, acing her classes. Yes, hard as hell and it's one day at a time, step by step, but it can be done--knock wood. This is a true story, no kidding.

Yes, she's smarter than the Curtin's but, dumb or not, you get one shot and you have to own it or end up down the drain. With any luck the Curtin girls will wise up before it's really too late. I have my doubts but I'm actually pulling for them. With those morons as parents, they started out 2 strikes down.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 4

This feels like it may go the way of blaming the victim. The smart thing to have done was to call 911 and check to see if everything was on the up and up, rather than just stay and wait or flee. But here's the thing- Alexa is not smart and lacks good life skills and common sense. She and her sister were screwed by having the parents they had. Yes, at some point you must take responsibility for your life, but if your formative years were spent with idiot parents who were constantly baked and getting kicked out of houses, you need to be an incredibly resilient and resourceful person to break that cycle. Those girls were neither.

Edited to say that I'm not saying you're blaming the victim, just that this conversation can easily go down that path.

Yes I understand what you are saying. I certainly agree that the girls were royally screwed in the Parental Guidance department, I don't want to blame the victim, but sometimes the victim's story doesn't sound plausible. It's odd to file a civic case so long past the incident and not try for criminal charges. I know it's possible she could feel afraid and intimidated by the police. It may have all gone down like she said, I'm just getting a very skeptical vibe from all this.
  • Love 1

Well, if they hadn't fully mended their relationship already, I have no doubt this near-death experience will be the thing that allows Tamra to fully "forgive" Vicki. It will be the perfect opportunity to pretend to be a great Christian while keeping the producers happy since it keeps Vicki organically on the show.

• Love 1

Well, if they hadn't fully mended their relationship already, I have no doubt this near-death experience will be the thing that allows Tamra to fully "forgive" Vicki. It will be the perfect opportunity to pretend to be a great Christian while keeping the producers happy since it keeps Vicki organically on the show.

Then when the episode airs and in time for the reunion if no one else is fighting the person who was driving will get blamed for being reckless!

It sounds like the accident was Tamra's fault. According to TMZ, Tamra had been told many times that day that she needed to slow down and she kept driving like a maniac anyway.

Vicki being airlifted kind of made me laugh though, I'm sure it was serious but I'm also sure that she milked that shit for all it was worth.

• Love 2

Hate to say it, but she's kind of in like-minded company. Don't forget when Jeana, Lauri and Vicki made racist comments about Latinos. And when Vicki said "ch*nky ch*nky Chinaman" about an Asian person.

That and "No scratchy the woody!"

• Love 2
(edited)

If someone was actually raped I can't judge what they do after. I wasn't the one traumatized. It might not seem rational to you or me.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

If someone was actually raped I can't judge what they do after. I wasn't the one traumatized. It might not seem rational to you or me.

I agree, but the alleged rape happened after she waited for the officer to come back. That doesn't mean it wasn't rape. I just find her story suspect.

• Love 1

I agree, but the alleged rape happened after she waited for the officer to come back. That doesn't mean it wasn't rape. I just find her story suspect.

I'm not making judgments one way or the other. The facts will come out. If she was assaulted hope she gets justice, if she was lying I hope they nail her.

• Love 6

don't know if this was national news. but it was local (orange county ca) news, that Alexa did reveal the name of the deputy who allegedly did this to her. The head of the OC Sheriffs dept said they have no record of any deputy by that name being employed by them over the past two years.

I'm not taking sides on this. I've heard lots of verified stories about cops taking advantage of women they pull over and lots of stories from women who alleged nefarious things by cops

I knew Briana would find a way to return to the OC, a place she despises with every inch of her being.

Ryan had a hip replacement? I thought it was his back. I know he's looking to flip houses now. Good luck with that.

I don't know if this was national news. but it was local (orange county ca) news, that Alexa did reveal the name of the deputy who allegedly did this to her. The head of the OC Sheriffs dept said they have no record of any deputy by that name being employed by them over the past two years.

I was about to ask if men still pretend to be cops as a means to rape woman driving alone on the highway. I guess they do.

(edited)
On 4/29/2016 at 3:35 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

I would agree with this list..but I'd switch either lydia or Lynn off the list and put Quinn on it.  Sweet lady, but too normal and nice for the show.

http://m.fame10.com/entertainment/5-boring-rhooc-stars-who-were-booted-off-the-show/?text=

Def switch Quinn with Lynne, who I enjoyed in a train wreck-y kind of way. I wonder if the producers of the OC show wanted to fully distance themselves from the Curtins endless legals problems (evictions, judgments, liens, fill in the blank) because a "Lynne rebuilds her life" s/l had potential, had she stayed. As you mentioned, Quinn was simply too normal for the show's needs (and her Roxy s/l was contrived as hell). Peggy, ugh.  I liked Alexis the same was I like Lynne (either coming back would be fine with me, especially if it resulted in Tamballs getting put out with the compost). On a shallow note -- I'd forgotten how unhealthy Lydia looked til I saw the image in the above link. 

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 2

I've never heard of Fame10 before, and I'm not impressed at all.  Lynne Curtin was NOT an OG, and she was NOT fired after Season 4.  Lynne replaced Lauri midway through Season 4, was a main castmember throughout Season 5 and maintained a recurring guest role throughout Season 6.  This is pretty basic stuff, so I take anything they've written with a huge grain of salt.

• Love 1

Well, looks like Vicki and Shannon have mended fences. Vicki has reality 9 lives - I don't know how she manages to bounce back from last year, but looks like she has done it.

ETA Interesting no Meghan in this pic. I hope this means she is on the outs! You know her head will explode if Vicki is accepted back into the group.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:52 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Well, looks like Vicki and Shannon have mended fences. Vicki has reality 9 lives - I don't know how she manages to bounce back from last year, but looks like she has done it.

ETA Interesting no Meghan in this pic. I hope this means she is on the outs! You know her head will explode if Vicki is accepted back into the group.

Tamara Tattles mentioned that her intel (which albeit is only consistently reliable wrt Atlanta) suggested that Meghan had been cut this year. But Meghan's social media profile pics have recently been updated to what appear to be the green-screen outtakes for the opening credits that have cropped up for Heather in previous pre-seasons.

Additionally, like Yolanda, Meghan boasts a social network/mutual friends with Andy by virtue of her St. Louis provenance (her brother, Derek Blasberg, Karlie Kloss, etc) that will likely provide some extra insulation.

I don't think Meghan genuinely gives a fuck whether or not the other women are dumb enough to mend fences with Vicki after that run of sociopathic dishonesty but I don't doubt that she'll continue reading Vicks for filth like it's her job. Which, you know, it kind of is.

• Love 2

Vickie is still not done with Brooks. Raise your hand if you're surprised. Shannon (and David) and Heather don't seem to be over Vicki's lying last year. I wonder if this Dubrow marital drama is any less phony than the marital drama a couple of years ago. 

At least Meghan actually seems to be trying for a baby. I can't stand it when these women do fake ass baby storylines so as long as she's for real I'll consider it a big improvement over The Adventures of Detective Meghan. 

Tamra is Tamra. Not much to say on the new chick yet. Nothing about her seems terribly interesting so far but the clip hardly featured her so who knows.

1 hour ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

They're back! Never seen Heather lose her shit like that.

Excellent! How is it said in Dallas: oft imitated never duplicated or something? The OC franchise will always stand alone, IMO. Can anyone tell who hits the ground about half way through the preview? O Tamballs, wear something revealing to remind us you still consider yourself the hottest HW in the OC. BTW, how's that Bible study going? Careful, Heather, the cracks in that self-satisfied facade are showing and growing. Or maybe you're auditioning for a staging of The Taming of the OC Shrew?