Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Boy just couldn't get it together. From the article:

His mother was a cast member of Bravo's hit reality TV series "The Real Housewives of Orange County" from its debut in 2006 until 2008, when she left to deal with her son's problems, according to Bravo.

Lauri best be careful if she does rejoin the show. Vicki would have every right to say on camera: "So -- you left to deal with Josh's problems, eh? How's that working out for you?"

• Love 6

Wow, this is shocking about Josh -- and yet, it isn't surprising, is it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3651727/Troubled-son-ex-Real-Housewives-Orange-County-star-Lauri-Peterson-arrested-shooting-man-fleeing-police-stolen-car.html

Normally, in a situation like this I would feel great sympathy for the family members of someone with such terrible addiction problems.  But this is Laurie & Trashley -- who we know are horrible, soulless, self-absorbed people.  So I truly don't know what to think.  Could they have helped Josh -- or did he make his own choices?  Have absolutely no idea.  But I always figured Josh would end up in jail or dead.  He'll be certain to go away for a very, very long stretch.  Well, the DM piece says Laurie did adopt Josh's daughter, so that is commendable.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

Boy just couldn't get it together. From the article:

Lauri best be careful if she does rejoin the show. Vicki would have every right to say on camera: "So -- you left to deal with Josh's problems, eh? How's that working out for you?"

The Fuck?

Lauri left because george the wallet did not want all his business on the streets. It had nothing to do with Josh or any of Lauri's other kids.

That kid never had the support that he needed to overcome his addiction. Lauri was too busy hunting for her next meal ticket and when she let him go to Juvie and let him be represented by a public defender, his problems amplified, imo.

He looks like a straight up Meth Head.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/1/2016 at 10:38 AM, Higgins said:

She looks like she has been hitting the anabolics. Her face looks masculinized and hard..

Just the way Eddie likes it.

1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

That kid never had the support that he needed to overcome his addiction. Lauri was too busy hunting for her next meal ticket and when she let him go to Juvie and let him be represented by a public defender, his problems amplified, imo.

What always struck me about Lauri was what a piece of shit mother she was.  She looked at her children as meal tickets and seemed not to care much about them.  I remember when she was going for one of Josh's court date.  Her ex was wearing a suit and she was wearing a totally inappropriate macrame top that exposed most of her breasts.  It did not even occur to her to look respectable for her son and the judge.

This is so sad.  I think she just beat Lynn for having the most messed up kids in the OC.  I hope it is not true.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Her ex was wearing a suit and she was wearing a totally inappropriate macrame top that exposed most of her breasts.  It did not even occur to her to look respectable for her son and the judge.

yep, the same asshole who procured illegal drugs to Josh which Lauri refused to acknowledge.

• Love 2

Does anyone remember the therapy session in season 3 that Lauri and her son had?  It was telling that Lauri did care about her son's troubles...but moreso how it looked to the world.

You could see he was trying to be honest...but Lauri and even the therapist kept shutting him down.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Does anyone remember the therapy session in season 3 that Lauri and her son had?  It was telling that Lauri did care about her son's troubles...but moreso how it looked to the world.

You could see he was trying to be honest...but Lauri and even the therapist kept shutting him down.

I remember thinking the exact same thing... Josh seemed like was genuinely trying to start a dialogue about his issues. There was something unintentionally real about the push and pull of Josh's attempts at openness versus Lauri trying to maintain a facade for the cameras.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, KFC said:

I remember thinking the exact same thing... Josh seemed like was genuinely trying to start a dialogue about his issues. There was something unintentionally real about the push and pull of Josh's attempts at openness versus Lauri trying to maintain a facade for the cameras.

That show was so hard to watch.  Josh was so sad and isolated, he just wanted to be back home with his mom.

Lauri was saying (but not really saying), "get it together and you can live with us.  Don't be trouble, or George will not want me."  I think her plan was - keep Josh away until George was reeled in, then bring him back around once they were married.  But at that point, Josh was too far gone.

I actually think Lauri genuinely loved/loves Josh, but he was a liability and she wanted that rich, OC life. 

• Love 7

It's difficult to assume anything about Josh.  Has Laurie been helping him -- financially or otherwise?  I bet not.  And yet, she & George did adopt Josh's child.  Have to admit, I'm sorta surprised & even impressed by that --- given what an uncaring, shitty mother Laurie always was.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

It's difficult to assume anything about Josh.  Has Laurie been helping him -- financially or otherwise?  I bet not.  And yet, she & George did adopt Josh's child.  Have to admit, I'm sorta surprised & even impressed by that --- given what an uncaring, shitty mother Laurie always was.

If memory serves me correctly (it doesn't always so correct me if I am wrong) she/they didn't step up for her granddaughter right away. I believe the child was  in foster care for a while and the backlash against Laurie/George, was pretty bad, which may have helped prompt her/them to gain custody.  

• Love 6

You are correct, Wire, she didn't.  So maybe even a horrible woman like Laurie couldn't let her own grandchild be completely abandoned.

I am sad about Josh, but alas, not that sad.  And that's sad.  We've been witnessing his downfall for 10 years -- even tho Laurie left the show so long ago.

The man Josh shot is apparently expected to survive.  But Josh has racked up so many charges against him, he could be in prison for decades.  I know Josh is a man now at 27 & made his own choices -- but did Laurie do everything she could to help him?  Me thinks not.  

Remember Laurie counting the days when her kids turn 18 & she had no more resoonsibilty for any of 'em?  Yeah, that's exactly who Laurie is.  God, what an awful woman.

• Love 10

My favorite Mother of the Year moment of Lauri's is a tie between her telling her youngest, then-9 year old that she was the only one who hasn't disappointed her yet and calling Josh in juvie from the beach and talking about how fabulous it was, completely oblivious to how much it was clearly hurting him. 

Good Lord, she is a horrible human being. 

• Love 10

I wonder how that daughter, Sophie, is doing. Lauri used to dote on her all the time, and it seemed as if Lauri was just sort of resigned to the fact that her older kids were beyond repair and had already given up on them. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, 100PercentPain said:

My favorite Mother of the Year moment of Lauri's is a tie between her telling her youngest, then-9 year old that she was the only one who hasn't disappointed her yet and calling Josh in juvie from the beach and talking about how fabulous it was, completely oblivious to how much it was clearly hurting him. 

Good Lord, she is a horrible human being. 

The scene on the beach was heinous.  shit, Lauri pitted her kids against one another and she was truly oblivious to the hurt she created.

I could feel the hurt all the way in my living room. What a POS.

At one point, Lauri took a liking to Assley  because she was pretty.

Those poor kids were doomed coming out of the womb.

Her and George, assholes united.

• Love 11

There was an extended-ish profile that Bravo posted last year about Lauri adopting her grandchild. It should still be up for those who care to look. Per Lauri's diction in the article, she wanted to take the child immediately; George was initially strongly opposed; and she had to work her, um, powers of persuasion on him.

Obviously not ideal but thems the breaks when your stability is tethered to your ability to manipulate your spouse.

All of which is to say that Lauri has demonstrated herself to be almost sociopathically self-involved but I don't think she's actually a sociopath or even especially uncaring within her own compositional parameters when it comes to her progeny.

It's just almost as if she has some self-interest-centric variant of Asperger's or autism in the totally singular way in which she reads the world.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, lunastartron said:

It's just almost as if she has some self-interest-centric variant of Asperger's or autism in the totally singular way in which she reads the world.

To varying degrees people on the autism spectrum have difficulty understanding common social interactions.  It's something they struggle with. Methinks that in Lauri's case, her singular way of reading the world is rooted in her narcissism. She just feels entitled to have the best of everything. No emotional struggles nor conflicts there as far as I can see. Her attitude towards her son during the early seasons - that he was a tiresome obstacle to her own self-interests -always kind of horrified me. And that so-called therapy session was painful to watch.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, KFC said:

I wonder how that daughter, Sophie, is doing. Lauri used to dote on her all the time, and it seemed as if Lauri was just sort of resigned to the fact that her older kids were beyond repair and had already given up on them. 

Well, here's her Twitter.  She is a cute gal.  If you can make any sense of her rambling/babbling tweets, please translate for us.  It would be greatly appreciated.

https://twitter.com/sophiewaringg?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

And here's Trashley's Twitter-

https://twitter.com/ashleyzarlin?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Nothing of course about Josh, just about The Bachelorette, which she seems to be obsessed with.  Oh, and The Bachelor too.  Her life seems sad, lonely & empty.  And big surprise -- she seems self-absorbed as hell.

• Love 3

Ashley was awful to Josh.  Poor kid didn't have a chance surrounded by that mother and that older sister.  I wonder how his relationship with Sophie is nowadays-- it has to be tough since Sophie was allowed on the gravy train.  That may have pulled the two of them apart, which is so so sad, cause Josh truly loved her.    

• Love 3
2 hours ago, OhGromit said:

Ashley was awful to Josh.  Poor kid didn't have a chance surrounded by that mother and that older sister.  I wonder how his relationship with Sophie is nowadays-- it has to be tough since Sophie was allowed on the gravy train.  That may have pulled the two of them apart, which is so so sad, cause Josh truly loved her.    

Ugh, what a cow, that Ashley. A few years after Lauri married Geo, she did an update interview and mentioned Ashley was looking to score a professional athlete ( Ashley, it seems, learned ambition at Mummy's knee). 

• Love 5

Well, this lame tactic won't get him anywhere.  Jeez, his story is just so ugly, I'm not sure I wanna hear anymore.  I can't see how this will end -- other than him spending decades in prison.

Wait, the linked article above quotes Vicks saying she reached out to Lauri.  Um, what the what?  Vicks, STFU & fuck off, hun.  Forget about Lauri, Vicks -- you still need to beg us for our forgiveness for your part in that vile lying-about-cancer endless storyline from last season, that I hated so fuckin' much, I wanna vomit every time I think about it.  

• Love 7

I have zero empathy for Lauri. Yes, as a parent, it's horrendous and I can't fathom the pain. BUT, we've all seen her lack of empathy, love, and concern for her child over the years. That kid (now, man) never stood a chance. I'll never forget that call from the beach (callous bitch), that disturbing therapy session, her "fairy tale" romance with The Wallet (tm TWOP), and her complete disregard for her son's pain. As in- why did he turn to drugs at a young age? What was he needing/searching for? What was really behind his behaviors that landed him in juvie to begin with? I think it was the 2nd season reunion when Andy asked her about Josh and she replied that he was doing great, he was driving an Audi. So, there it was. Problem solved. Josh was always struggling and that dumbass barely paid any attention to him. He was inconvenient. She was busy planning a wedding worth hundreds of thousands of dollars while trying on fairytale dresses that were too young for her. For her third wedding. Priorities, you know. Stupid, materialistic bitch.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I have zero empathy for Lauri. Yes, as a parent, it's horrendous and I can't fathom the pain. BUT, we've all seen her lack of empathy, love, and concern for her child over the years. That kid (now, man) never stood a chance. I'll never forget that call from the beach (callous bitch), that disturbing therapy session, her "fairy tale" romance with The Wallet (tm TWOP), and her complete disregard for her son's pain. As in- why did he turn to drugs at a young age? What was he needing/searching for? What was really behind his behaviors that landed him in juvie to begin with? I think it was the 2nd season reunion when Andy asked her about Josh and she replied that he was doing great, he was driving an Audi. So, there it was. Problem solved. Josh was always struggling and that dumbass barely paid any attention to him. He was inconvenient. She was busy planning a wedding worth hundreds of thousands of dollars while trying on fairytale dresses that were too young for her. For her third wedding. Priorities, you know. Stupid, materialistic bitch.

I am with you 100%.  Thank you, well said!  

• Love 5
On 6/21/2016 at 11:05 PM, FanOfTheFans said:

Where is Josh's father in all of this sad story?  Does anyone know?

if i recall correctly, he was a Brit food executive so there is a chance that he moved back to Europe however he was totally MIA in the lives of the kids even when they were young.

Josh daughter is super adorable. 

• Love 3

I remember reading somewhere (maybe here?) that Kelly's marriage is currently basically on its last threads. So, a great idea would be to go on a reality show, cause we know how reality shows create strong marital bonds!

• Love 5
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 4:11 AM, LIMOM said:

The Fuck?

Lauri left because george the wallet did not want all his business on the streets. It had nothing to do with Josh or any of Lauri's other kids.

He looks like a straight up Meth Head.

This public defender would love for you to explain how "letting him be represented by a public defender" amplified his problems.  I mean, I can only recall a couple of instances where I bought meth for a client and sat there while he got high.  There's also only been a few times I can recall off the top of my head where I sat and read a magazine instead of defending my client.  I certainly wouldn't know anything about getting my clients' help for their addictions, since I NEVER do that.  It says right there in the "Public Pretender" handbook that we're not allowed to actually help anyone...

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 18

Lesley's:. I've been a lawyer in private practice for 35 years.  I have extensive knowledge of and experience with the Public Defenders office.  The lawyers in that office are top notch, experienced and dedicated, and I would not hesitate to be represented by one of them.  I guess it's the old adage:. "If it's free, it must not be worth anything."  THAT is a load of horse shit when it comes to public defenders!

• Love 11

I wonder if the producers knew about the long list of legal troubles that Kelly's brother has? That guy sounds like a real nasty piece of work, being arrested a lot of times for serious assault charges.  But for some reason, he's been able to plead every charge down to misdemeanors.  Apparently, he's got an alcohol problem and allegedly becomes a violent drunk.  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

I wonder if the producers knew about the long list of legal troubles that Kelly's brother has? That guy sounds like a real nasty piece of work, being arrested a lot of times for serious assault charges.  But for some reason, he's been able to plead every charge down to misdemeanors.  Apparently, he's got an alcohol problem and allegedly becomes a violent drunk.  

Kelly had a Restraining Order placed against her as well (by her husband) and she was court ordered to attend 10 AA meetings and 6 months court ordered therapy. It seems that both siblings have/had anger and alcohol issues.

• Love 3
(edited)

Hopefully, Kelly will be one-and-done.  She looks like an opportunist who saw an old rich guy ripe for the picking, end of story.  Then her mother and adult brother move in?  Make that a family of opportunists.  I'm sure Bravo has increasing difficulty finding women stupid enough to appear on the show, but there must be someone else available for next season.

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 3
On 7/2/2016 at 9:24 AM, lezlers said:

This public defender would love for you to explain how "letting him be represented by a public defender" amplified his problems.  I mean, I can only recall a couple of instances where I bought meth for a client and sat there while he got high.  There's also only been a few times I can recall off the top of my head where I sat and read a magazine instead of defending my client.  I certainly wouldn't know anything about getting my clients' help for their addictions, since I NEVER do that.  It says right there in the "Public Pretender" handbook that we're not allowed to actually help anyone...

Huh?

Josh was a juvenile smoking pot. He had no business going to juvenile detention.

PS: how nice of you not buy meth for your clients.

And it was not a critique of YOUR legal acumen but rather of the attorney's who defended Josh.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Huh?

Josh was a juvenile smoking pot. He had no business going to juvenile detention.

PS: how nice of you not buy meth for your clients.

And it was not a critique of YOUR legal acumen but rather of the attorney's who defended Josh.

Hey, I'm just responding to exactly what you wrote.  If you weren't insinuating that public defenders are to blame for young people ending up in the system, please enlighten me as to what you meant by "Lauri letting him be represented by a public defender amplified his problems, imo."   I mean, that statement seems pretty clear to me.  I realize this isn't on topic at all but I get a little irritated when people nonchalantly slam my profession then act like I'm the one with the problem when I call them on it.   That's the amazing thing about the written medium.  Denying saying something is pretty silly considering it's right there for everyone to read.  ;)

• Love 12
(edited)

So strange.  It's not like they went into it with the intention of flipping it without ever moving in.  I don't understanding putting so much time, effort, and money into personalizing a house just to turn around and put it on the market.  Now they have to find another place to live, and start the whole process over again.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/onjun-721739-king-photo.html

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

So strange.  It's not like they went into it with the intention of flipping it without ever moving in.  I don't understanding putting so much time, effort, and money into personalizing a house just to turn around and put it on the market.  Now they have to find another place to live, and start the whole process over again.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/onjun-721739-king-photo.html

I don't think they are house flippers either. I really do think they will move back to SL where her family lives and his 2 younger kids live, now that she is pregnant.

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:01 PM, 100PercentPain said:

Weren't they calling Josh in juvie from Hawai'i?

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:52 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

And here's Trashley's Twitter-

https://twitter.com/ashleyzarlin?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Nothing of course about Josh, just about The Bachelorette, which she seems to be obsessed with.  Oh, and The Bachelor too.  Her life seems sad, lonely & empty.  And big surprise -- she seems self-absorbed as hell.

And a gold-digger, I suspect.

• Love 2