Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

1 hour ago, madmaverick said:

I am sorry I cannot give most of the American media a break in not subjecting Trump to serious scrutiny.  He still has it far too easy by Brit standards.  He should have been subjected to grilling after grilling from reporters.  He should have been challenged hard on every one of his lies, with the actual facts thrown in his face immediately for a response.  He hasn't been asked enough hard hitting questions, and he shouldn't have been allowed to get away with non answers.  Reporters need to put him on the spot and get an answer out of him either way.  If it's BS, then call it BS straight away.  

And I'm so tired of the false equivalence from the media for so much of the campaign.  

The media needs to do some serious soul searching when it's all over and examine if it sold away its soul for clicks. 

Wow, you must be watching another media.  The elite liberal media in this country has been all over Trump.  Hillary, they leave alone.  I wonder why?

• Love 1

Raise your hand if you have never said anything ugly about someone in a private conversation.   Now let's get any Dem politicians to raise their hands.  Finally, those holier than thou liberal media types.

No hands raised.  And so my point is made. 

8 hours ago, 33kaitykaity said:

Ivanka was at the debate Sunday night.  i only noticed b/c I love that color.  

http://www.usmagazine.com/stylish/news/ivanka-trumps-green-dress-at-presidential-debate-details-w444115

ivanka-trump-melania-debate-dress-3ec8fa

I've been getting a kick out of all the publicity Melania's bright pink blouse has gotten.  Its a Gucci and called a "Pussy Bow Blouse"!  Oh My: did Melania wear it as some kind of statement?!   Certainly there was a reason for her to wear a "Pussy Bow"

• Love 3

Donald Trump and contestants in his beauty pageants both tell a similar story: that he used his ownership of the pageants to go through security into women-only changing area while they were naked. They don't tell it as a funny story. Trump does.

"Well, I'll tell you the funniest is that before a show, I'll go backstage and everyone's getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant and therefore I'm inspecting it," Trump said. "You know, I'm inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good."

"You know, the dresses. 'Is everyone okay?' You know, they're standing there with no clothes. 'Is everybody okay?' And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that.

Adult women aren't the only ones saying it either; some girls who were minors in his teen pageants say he did the same to them

• Love 18

I wonder when Drumpf will dump Melania.  She's an old woman by his standards.  He's probably ready for someone younger than his daughter by now.

@backformore:

Wait.  WHaT?   you quoted my post, which was two links about Trump being sued for raping a child, and your response is that HILLARY STARTED IT?   

Edited by atomationage
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, backformore said:

two women sat Donald Trump made unwanted sexual advances

New story, including a business woman who was groped by Trump on an airplane.

When, oh when, will someone point out to Trump (and Kellyanne) that making a big deal over Bill Clinton's ACCUSERS means they should give equal seriousness to Donald Trump's ACCUSERS!

Trump took all those accusations (many discredited) and paraded them as FACT.  His accusers--inc. Jill Harth and Ivana herself who accused him of rape, in a divorce deposition--now need to get the same treatment! A press conference and lots of praise for coming forward against Donald Trump himself!

He thinks there's no "presumption of innocence" for Clinton so none for him either!

• Love 18

Watching Paul Ryan trying to navigate Trump's ascent like a snail walking along the edge of a serrated knife blade has been absolutely fascinating. I must give mad respect to the Bush family, Jeff Flake, John Kasich and others who  recognized the GOP nominee's toxicity early on and could not or would not lower themselves to endorse him. To Ted Cruz, John McCain and other Republicans riding the on-again/off-again Trump train, these words I first saw on Twitter fit you all like a glove:

"Shut up, silly woman" said the reptile with a grin,

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in."

• Love 23

The other GOP candidates have to be so mad that this either wasn't uncovered by their opposition teams or the media during the primaries. And Hillary has to be thanking her lucky stars right now. Any other GOP candidate except Ben Carson and Hillary would be losing right now. 

• Love 3

The other GOP candidates have to be so mad that this either wasn't uncovered by their opposition teams or the media during the primaries. And Hillary has to be thanking her lucky stars right now. Any other GOP candidate except Ben Carson and Hillary would be losing right now. 

I got to believe they didn't try hard enough because they didn't want to offend Trump's supporters. They needed to have those people vote for *them,* so they didn't pursue it ... leaving aside the 17 candidates in the field so they couldn't target him like a laser. Hillary has no such problem. Thank god.

• Love 6

Drumpf asking people to vote on November 28:

I hope all the deplorables wait until November 28 to vote!

Some will consider this as proof that he's actually trying to lose.

Edited by atomationage
loserdonald
  • Love 13
16 minutes ago, car54 said:

We're up to four women who have come forward saying they've been groped.   The newest one is just his type--she looks like Ivanka.

Then there's this: Donald Trump once joked about wanting to date a 10-year-old girl

Hmm. Did this stuff miss the cycle for the evening Talk and comedy shows? I bet Seth Meyers will be REALLY going off on this if not. It's like EVERY fucking day there's a new explosion in Trump Land for Meyers to pin a new "Closer Look" segment on.

The funny thing is that IN ISOLATION even something as bad as a joke about dating a 10 year old in ten years wouldn't be SO bad (because at least he's not actually saying he's attracted to a child). What's sick is the pattern. Always going low. Being inappropriate, usually in a sexual way, by default every single time. 

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, car54 said:

We're up to four women who have come forward saying they've been groped.   The newest one is just his type--she looks like Ivanka.

Each time I do a Google News search the number goes up.

I've resorted to returning to specific stories keeping total tallies:

Slate: The Floodgates Are Open on Trump Sexual Assault Allegations

Daily Beast: All of Donald Trump’s Accusers: A Timeline of Every Alleged Grope and Assault

I know sooner or later someone's going to try and argue that 'groping isn't as bad as raping' and bring in Juanita Broaddrick. Of course it's early days for the media looking for accusations against Trump that might be worse than mere gropes (and verbally perving out about future sexual prospects of 10 year olds). Clinton's own Opp Research Teams have probably had all this info for months though. Even as shocked and dismayed as we all are at seeing this, it hasn't made me unaware that the suddenness of this all pouring out seems targeted. That said, I'm not sure I CARE that it is. The (mis)deeds speak for themselves.

• Love 2

Before the Anita Hill segment on atomationage's video, author Kelly Oxford talks about her #NotOkay hashtag on Twitter. A lot of my writer friends follow her, so I saw her request for women to tweet her their first sexual assaults Friday evening just after she posted it, before it blew up. So I watched it since, seeing friends' stories (some I knew, some I didn't), posting a single one of mine (something akin to what Trump described on the bus). Millions of stories are there. It might be hard to read for some, but I feel like it's been important to me and many, many others. 

• Love 17
33 minutes ago, atomationage said:

Drumpf asking people to vote on November 28:

I hope all the deplorables wait until November 28 to vote!

Some will consider this as proof that he's actually trying to lose.

Mr ebk thinks that's the date that one of his (Drumpf's, not Mr ebk's :-) ) trials is supposed to start, so he had it on his mind.  Which is fine with me...

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

Mr ebk thinks that's the date that one of his (Drumpf's, not Mr ebk's :-) ) trials is supposed to start, so he had it on his mind.  Which is fine with me...

Mr. ebk is right. That's when the Trump U trial begins. (The next hearing in the rape case isn't until December)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Milk-Eyed Mender said:

Watching Paul Ryan trying to navigate Trump's ascent like a snail walking along the edge of a serrated knife blade has been absolutely fascinating. I must give mad respect to the Bush family, Jeff Flake, John Kasich and others who  recognized the GOP nominee's toxicity early on and could not or would not lower themselves to endorse him. To Ted Cruz, John McCain and other Republicans riding the on-again/off-again Trump train, these words I first saw on Twitter fit you all like a glove:

"Shut up, silly woman" said the reptile with a grin,

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in."

Did you know that's one of Trump's favorite stories to tell at his rallies? Only he uses it to tell us why we shouldn't help any Syrian refugees.

Lawrence just read another assault description published tonight by a People magazine writer who had interviewed Trump at Mar-a-lago.

Earlier, he read a denial followed by a threat from the Trump camp to go after his accusers. That's his MO "if someone hits you, hit them back 10 times harder."  Funny, how his "pre-debate press conference" was in part about how we should assume Bill C was guilty of everything and anything any woman alleged and (2) how vile Hillary was to "attack them".  (I'm not sure she did anything more than think they were lying and tell people who asked that she was fine with them being discredited).

In any case, Trump's on record. And now, applying the Trump Standard, these accusers should be believed (I think they should anyway) and Trump should be condemned for going after them in any way whatsoever. (I think so, too.) Hopefully, with this in mind, his strategy to smear them all viciously, will boomerang badly back on him.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Darian said:

Mr. ebk is right. That's when the Trump U trial begins. (The next hearing in the rape case isn't until December)

Hey, if we're allowed to "vote" on the Trump University case, I'll vote for Trump to lose it!

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Padma said:

Did you know that's one of Trump's favorite stories to tell at his rallies? Only he uses it to tell us why we shouldn't help any Syrian refugees.

Yikes! I had no idea it was Cinnamon Hitler who popularized that quote. I feel queasy.

His stance on refugees is deplorable (that goes double for the GOP as a whole). Of course, as Huckabee, Dobson and Hannity have assured us, Donald is still in the "Baby Christian" stage. He'll warm to the Beatitudes and the call to serve "the least of these" soon enough, no doubt. 

• Love 6

The People story is the one that will kill off the GOP. People is on every line at the grocery store and read by millions of people who don't follow the news or politics. This will drive women away from the party for years to come. 

• Love 5

I wonder if one of the reasons the stories are coming out now is because the various newspapers and magazines had to vet and clear the publications of the allegations by lawyers.  Trump doesn't hesitate to sue over the smallest slights, he really will be ready to sue over something that can kill his already dying campaign.

• Love 4

Trevor Noah replied to the Trump team who are acting like it's the word "pussy"  that is making people clutch pearls and gasp. 

the part I'm referring to is at the 8 minute mark.  He makes it clear that crude language is NOT the issue. 

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Jordan27 said:

Have you seen what some Secret Service Agents said about Hillary's temperament.  She cusses like a sailor and is rude and arrogant.

I sure hope that's true -- Hillary, foul mouthed sea captain reporting for duty! --  "You're  going to need a bigger boat...you gump-minded festering barnacles of hate!" Would be great to have a leader who could call Putin a bastard and flip him off (unlike Trump, who cozies up to the dictator; like a Nora Ephron romance, those two. Very "Sleepless in Stalingrad" -- if the hero were a sexual molester listening to Alex Jones on the radio,  calling in and saying "I am the Lizard King!" and then flying to Russia to kiss Vlad on top of the Kremlin -- just a few changes and it's classic Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks chemistry!)

But if I were a Republican that believed in the party and yet was participating in the implosion of that very party, I would be questioning my motives.

Kind of a suicide mission at this point, eh?  The GOP -- Grand Old Pervs -- are dead and done. They wasted so much time and energy and tax dollars policing people's bodies and beds, they never noticed time passed them by, leaving behind a crazy baby-id loon named Trump, and a nation full of adults disgusted at the sight.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15

one short video to illustrate that Trump has sex on his mind, even when talking about his daughter Tiffany when she was a baby:

Yep, welcome your new daughter into the world, and wonder when her tits are going to come in! 

pervert!

• Love 16

The fake Sidney Blumenthal story that Drumpf has been waving around comes directly from Russian propaganda sources.   It was published in a Russian paper, then they withdrew the story when they realized that Blumenthal was only quoting a Kurt Eichenwald story in Newsweek.  It was never published anywhere else, but Drumpf has it in his hands and is still using it. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Moose135 said:

Nearly 20 years in the newspaper business taught me that the media is only as liberal as their conservative corporate owners allow them to be.

Having seen him for many years in the NY media, I'd say he's always been a little nuts, but he has certainly raised it to an art form during the campaign.

To add to what you said here. All of the 24-hour and network news outfits are run by white, straight, cisgender, middle-age men so take what you will from that info and look at how politics, campaigns and social justice issues are covered in general.

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, backformore said:

the part I'm referring to is at the 8 minute mark.  He makes it clear that crude language is NOT the issue. 

It's not even just crude language that's NOT the issue. It's also having sexual thoughts about a woman that's NOT the issue. Nor even is it THAT much of an issue, although perhaps a moderate one to verbalize those desires to someone else... in SOME ways, but NOT in others.

Let's get crude. Please note this is for a purpose, so if you are easily offended I will use the Spoiler tags simply so you can skip it. But if you aren't easily offended, please reveal it.

Spoiler

Saying to another guy "Look at the tits on that girl!" Is that crude? Yes. Can it be inappropriate? Often. Is is unforgivable? Well, it depends on a lot of factors. Is she an inappropriate age? Is the comment done to her face making her totally creeped out and uncomfortable? It's still a bit scummy to objectify her behind her back, but it's generally not intended as contempt for the woman (although it certainly might come off that way). 

Are there other things which take it from a mere shallow sexual comment to something bigger, creepier and more demeaning?

If not, then even as Trump himself said... it's just words. Men have penises and libidos. The heterosexual ones are often attracted to women and some men (not all) feel some need to blurt out that appreciation. And sometimes it is about grunting ape male bonding. It can objectify women in it's worst mode, but physical attraction isn't the enemy of civilized people. Civilized people understand the difference between words and action... but that's also an oversimplification (which is why Trump is using that argument). Civilized people also understand that not all words are the same. Even nasty ones have shades of meaning which can range from merely crude, to suggestions of violence.

Even going a step further...  "Look at the tits on that girl! I'd sure like to fuck her!". Verbalizing that thought to another person is a little scummy, but it's not criminal and it's fairly typical.

It's a million miles from making a leap from that to bonding over what your power and privilege can allow you to do to a woman. That's not sex, that's an assertion of power, an abuse. Not "I'd like to fuck her" but "If I wanted to, I would". "I could kiss her". "I could stick my hand in her pussy.". As if her opinion on the matter either doesn't matter or is already assumed. 

Disgusting.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, maraleia said:

To add to what you said here. All of the 24-hour and network news outfits are run by white, straight, cisgender, middle-age men so take what you will from that info and look at how politics, campaigns and social justice issues are covered in general.

Well.....

If you'll give me a tick to put my teeth in, I'll tell you about the old days when we had this thing that was called civil discourse. Old straight white dudes like Walter Cronkite, David Brinkley and Edward R. Murrow would be appalled at today's so called "journalists", who are just as willing to get down in the mud and wallow around as the subjects of said "journalism", and it doesn't have anything to do with gender or color or sexuality. 84 year old Dan Rather had this to say about Trump three days ago:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/10/10/1580370/-Dan-Rather-Trump-s-threats-towards-Hillary-were-of-a-despot-tyrant-or-monarch-not-a-president

Very few things are absolute. With everything TV related being about ratings and how much money can be made through advertising dollars, half the reason Trump has caught on as well as he has is because he's always opening his gaping cakehole and spewing whatever bile he can think of. Lumping in all the other middle-aged white guys in with him based on being middle-aged and white hardly seems like a fair trial. Hell, Bruce Springsteen's pushing seventy, and he caught flack earlier this year from the Townhall types for cancelling shows here in NC due to the "bathroom law".

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Jordan27 said:

Raise your hand if you have never said anything ugly about someone in a private conversation.   Now let's get any Dem politicians to raise their hands.  Finally, those holier than thou liberal media types.

No hands raised.  And so my point is made. 

Your Rush Limbaugh love is showing. 

There's no such thing as the "liberal media."  The editorial decisions are all corporate, i.e., for profit, eyeballs ratings, and those things are definitely not liberal.  

The Access Hollywood talk was not a private conversation.  

• Love 16

The big orange infant with a temper and no impulse control has threatened to sue the shit out of pretty much everyone over the past few days. Because apparently in TrumpTopia that's how you deal with all of your problems.

Donald Trump threatens to sue New York Times over sexual harassment report

High-ranking sources within the Trump campaign had told CNNMoney that they were "drafting" lawsuits against both the Times and The Palm Beach Post, which published a separate story in which another women claimed Trump had groped her.

When Times reporter Megan Twohey interviewed Trump by phone on Tuesday night, "he threatened to sue us if we published these allegations," Twohey told CNNMoney. 

She quoted Trump as saying that "none of this ever took place" and calling her "a disgusting human being." Twohey also received a legal letter from a Trump attorney on Wednesday afternoon.

One high-ranking source within the campaign had similarly told CNNMoney that "NYT editors, reporters, politically motivated accusers better lawyer up."

The Times published the story online shortly before 7 p.m. Eastern.

"I think it is pretty evident this story falls clearly in the realm of public service journalism, and discussing issues that arose from the tape and his comments since it surfaced," Times executive editor Dean Baquet told CNNMoney.

A lawyer for Trump similarly threatened to sue The Times when it published several pages of his 1995 tax return earlier this month.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 11

Tony Schwartz, co-author who really wrote "The Art of the Deal," totally shreds Drumpf, breaking down Drumpf's narcissism, his determination, and his dogged persistence in what he feels is a righteous cause.  Drumpf's one overriding characteristic is he refuses to quit, period, full stop.  This is fascinating.  

• Love 10

The PEOPLE story published last night is very effective:

http://people.com/politics/donald-trump-attacked-people-writer/

Most of my intellect thinks poorly of Trump supporters, especially the people who are interviewed at the rallies.  They mimic what others say about Trump as a "successful businessman who will create jobs," and throw in a big helping of intense Hillary hate.  But I also feel a little sympathy for the supporters. They BELIEVE every word, every assertion and every PROMISE out of Trump's mouth.  

Thank God, it looks as though DT's chances of winning are slimmer every day.  So the supporters will never need to learn the Truth of their candidate's lies and false promises.

For example, I have been convinced for a long time that he would tear up his list of conservative judges and, instead, nominate moderates and liberals to SCOTUS.  And I also believe he would let Roe v Wade remain the law of the land because he just does NOT care about those issues.  Not really. They were the means to his end.

Remember when the John Kasich aide (and later Kasich himself) confirmed that DT Jr offered him the VP spot?  The Kasich people were told that Kasich had the chance to be the most powerful, influential VP in the history of the United States. That the VP in a Trump admin would handle foreign policy, legislation, the economy, on and on. (No wonder Pence isnt budging and is making a fool of himself and his "supposed" values.)

I believe Trump wants to be King, not president.  Pomp and circumstance, holding court, redecorating the family quarters with gold toilets and Italian marble, and full license to unleash his  immoral and illegal predatory moves on limitless numbers of women worldwide.

• Love 23

I loved Schwartz saying Trump is not a mixed bag, I.e. that he's just a terrible person. I don't care about his daddy issues or whatever psychological disorders he has. I don't want him in a position of power.

• Love 20
7 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

I wonder if one of the reasons the stories are coming out now is because the various newspapers and magazines had to vet and clear the publications of the allegations by lawyers.  Trump doesn't hesitate to sue over the smallest slights, he really will be ready to sue over something that can kill his already dying campaign.

I thought Trump made a fatal, tactical error at the second debate.  He tried hard to avoid Anderson Cooper's repeated questions about whether Trump actually ever followed through on his so-called "locker room banter."  Trump danced and danced, but finally said, "No, I haven't."  I immediately thought, uh-oh. I knew that lie would enrage his victims and that many would now be willing to talk on the record.

On a lighter note, I thought Trump's interlude with the cute toddler Mini-Trump revealed that Trump is terrified of kids!  For a father of five, including a still-little boy, Trump looked so uncomfortable with Mini-Me and couldn't wait to get the kid back to his parents.

Edited by sleekandchic
Mini-Trump reference.
  • Love 10