Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

30 minutes ago, backformore said:

Something like the Eric Trump foundation exists for what reason?  to have people donate it to the foundation instead of directly to the charity?  Why? If I wanted to donate to St Jude's, wouldn't I just do that? 

Trumpcast did an episode explaining this. Basically, many rich people have these foundations. When they have money they want to donate to charity they instead donate it to their personal foundation. That way they can immediately get the tax deduction. Usually it's okay because they actually do donate all the money to charity. They just get the deduction before they've decided where everything is going to go. The Clinton Foundation is an actual charity that does things itself.

With the Trumps, though, they use it more like a slush fund/fake charity. They I guess started out putting money into it and getting the deduction. Then they might or might not have donated the actual money to charity. Then they started getting other people to donate to it and they I guess used it to get PR (if the foundation donated money to cancer research, for instance, Trump would get credit for the donation even though it wasn't his money, and the cancer foundation might use his hotels because of it--Trump also makes a habit of seating himself prominently at charity things so he gets credit for donating even if he hasn't). Then they also would use money other people gave them for the foundation for personal things or charity donations that didn't meet the standards (the portrait Melania bought was at a charity auction, but since they kept the portrait and hung it in their own hotel, it's not charity).

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, random chance said:

I can't find any confirmation of this, maybe someone else knows -- once he's using the POTUS Twitter he won't be able to delete tweets?

He can't. They're a legal record per Presidential Records Act.  Also I'm sure they will need to be featured prominently in his presidential library, along with videos of the weekly "Bring America Together Again" tours. (Just made that up, but you know they're coming.)

Does anyone know how much the victory laps are costing taxpayers?

Also, re: Trump charities.  Not only do they use charity money for their own family products (Eric Trump wine, etc.) but also for properties.  Eric Trump often schedules his charity fundraisers at Mar-a-lago so that his father can get the large amount of property rental/catering money for the event.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Trumpcast did an episode explaining this. Basically, many rich people have these foundations. When they have money they want to donate to charity they instead donate it to their personal foundation. That way they can immediately get the tax deduction. Usually it's okay because they actually do donate all the money to charity. They just get the deduction before they've decided where everything is going to go. The Clinton Foundation is an actual charity that does things itself.

With the Trumps, though, they use it more like a slush fund/fake charity. They I guess started out putting money into it and getting the deduction. Then they might or might not have donated the actual money to charity. Then they started getting other people to donate to it and they I guess used it to get PR (if the foundation donated money to cancer research, for instance, Trump would get credit for the donation even though it wasn't his money, and the cancer foundation might use his hotels because of it--Trump also makes a habit of seating himself prominently at charity things so he gets credit for donating even if he hasn't). Then they also would use money other people gave them for the foundation for personal things or charity donations that didn't meet the standards (the portrait Melania bought was at a charity auction, but since they kept the portrait and hung it in their own hotel, it's not charity).

Self-serving bastards. The Trump way of life. 4 years of this bullshit!

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Padma said:

He can't. They're a legal record per Presidential Records Act.  Also I'm sure they will need to be featured prominently in his presidential library, along with videos of the weekly "Bring America Together Again" tours. (Just made that up, but you know they're coming.)

Does anyone know how much the victory laps are costing taxpayers?

Also, re: Trump charities.  Not only do they use charity money for their own family products (Eric Trump wine, etc.) but also for properties.  Eric Trump often schedules his charity fundraisers at Mar-a-lago so that his father can get the large amount of property rental/catering money for the event.

I have no doubt that those tours will happen. At this point there is no way that Trump can go cold turkey without the adoring crowds close up and personal. His neediness is pathetic. I suspect Pence will be doing most of the heavy lifting (God help us) while Donald does everything possible to keep the ego stroking coming. Pathetic.

I truly despair.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Then they also would use money other people gave them for the foundation for personal things or charity donations that didn't meet the standards (the portrait Melania bought was at a charity auction, but since they kept the portrait and hung it in their own hotel, it's not charity).

so, if I paid an artist $5,000 to paint a portrait of myself, then donated the portrait to charity to auction off, I just "donated" 5k.  then when I buy the same portrait at the auction for 5K, I just donated another 5K to the charity.  I can deduct both amounts on taxes, even though the bottom line is that I paid 10K and have a portrait.  But if I  get other people to donate that 5K, then I used their money and ended up spending 5k for a portrait and can call it "charity". IF the artist can be persuaded to "donate" the portrait, even better. 

Similarly, if I donate 50K to a charity, then have the charity hold a gala in my hotel, and charge them 50K, I can write off the "donation"  even though I essentially moved money from my left pocket to my right.

Multiply that by a thousand different phony-ass deals, and you have an idea of how Trump does stuff.

• Love 21
32 minutes ago, random chance said:

I can't find any confirmation of this, maybe someone else knows -- once he's using the POTUS Twitter he won't be able to delete tweets?

Once he tweets it becomes part of history and will be retained as public record, FOR-EV-ERRRRR. The National Archives and Records Administration will conserve his administrations' posts. He will be given a new 'handle' like POTUS44. His Facebook, Instagram and Twitter will all be archived.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Lunata said:

Once he tweets it becomes part of history and will be retained as public record, FOR-EV-ERRRRR. The National Archives and Records Administration will conserve his administrations' posts. He will be given a new 'handle' like POTUS44. His Facebook, Instagram and Twitter will all be archived.

I wonder in the future how are alien overlords will look back at this time?

Edited by callmebetty
  • Love 13
53 minutes ago, Padma said:

Having to ponder a Trump Library (gack!) this is pretty much what I'm picturing.

IMG_0567.JPG

• Love 12

Can someone explain to me why we taxpayers are paying for Trump's self aggrandizing tours? He's not the President yet, even though he seems to think he is and the press is covering him as if he were. I can understand having to pay for security, but to pick up the tab for the other costs seems like bullshit to me.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

Can someone explain to me why we taxpayers are paying for Trump's self aggrandizing tours? He's not the President yet, even though he seems to think he is and the press is covering him as if he were. I can understand having to pay for security, but to pick up the tab for the other costs seems like bullshit to me.

I haven't been able to find any numbers for how much these are costing.

Again, I'm a broken record, but where is the outrage?  ONE nationally broadcast (with highlights replayed ad nauseum) in your face "Suck it, Hillary-supporters! I won!" rally should have been sufficiently satisfying bad sportsmanship. How many has he had (including all the lying at Carrier)? 4? 5? He did another today.

How much are these things costing us?  I KNOW we have to pay for at least part of the $450,000 it costs every time his 757 takes him there, because he billed for SS.  Maybe now we have to pay for him, too. Or the whole thing.

And I read he won't probably stay in Blair House in DC before the inauguration, but instead will stay--with entourage, SS etc. undoubtedly all at OUR expense--in the violating-the-law-already Trump International hotel.

Will Melania even show up for the inauguration? I find her snub of DC and the role of FLOTUS very offensive and disrespectful.  Ditto of course to her husband.

But HOW MUCH are these awful people costing US during the transition?  It's at least tens of millions.

He should be CRITICIZED DAILY for the wasteful cost of these tours.

But our Dem leaders, as usual, are WIMPS!

This is from Nov 23. Haven't found anything more recent. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/11/23/elizabeth-warren-wants-to-know-how-donald-trump-is-using-taxpayer-funds-for-his-transition/?utm_term=.bd73b640d770

• Love 18
17 hours ago, Lunata said:

At his rally tonight in Orlando, Trump told his crowd, "you people were vicious, violent, screaming, 'Where's the wall?' 'We want the wall!' Screaming, 'Prison!' 'Prison!' 'Lock her up!' I mean, you were going crazy. You were nasty and mean and vicious. And you wanted to win, right?" "It's much different," he said. "Now you're laid back, you're cool, you're mellow, right? You're basking in the glory of victory."

He just told his worshipers that they were vicious, violent, mean and nasty and they all reacted with cheers and applause.

He should have also mentioned how easily they are led, like lemmings, Comrades.

• Love 20

Yes! It's happening, Donald Trump's FINAL "thank you" (aka "I miss the attention") tours is soon to be history.

The dummies are still chanting "build that wall! build that wall!".  Duh, get over it, there's never going to be a wall.  Donald said "do not worry, we are going to build the wall.

"We're also going to rebuild our badly depleted military, We have the greatest people on earth, our military is depleted. But we will be smart with how we spend our money. We're not going to spend $4.2 billion dollars on Air Force One, is that okay?" (crowd roars, yay!!)  We all like beautiful aircraft but Boeing is going to have to do a much less expensive job than that."  Donald Trump has NO IDEA what goes into those two presidential planes. There's over 160,000 workers involve in the building and technology of those planes.

Boeing may suggest a cheaper model that would be more affordable (and they promise it will fly). Okay, so it won't withstand nuclear heat or be able to fly faster than a supersonic jet fighter, but it will save a few bucks. It's not so pretty but it might fit right into Donald's 'Presidential Air Force One budget. All it needs is a good washing and maybe a wax, it will do just fine.

Optimized-NEWERBOEING2.jpg

• Love 17

Nah, I don't want them dead...just their political careers and their business. 

I want Trump alive and a failure. Come on 2016, you've taken so much already. Take Trumps political career and we'll call it quits. --- end of thing I'm quoting because apparently this is a thing again -- end 

Beginning of response:  I'm with you on this.   It could not be clearer that I have a fury in my soul that threatens to cause me to burst into flame when it comes to the Malicious Pile of Hair but even I can't wish actual death on the damnable creature that he is.  It's bad enough that I've actually sat down and had to confront, "Holy crow, do I actually hope this guy will shuffle off the mortal coil, join the choir invisible, move on to his next incarnation as an actual pile of crap, rather than a metaphorical one?" because you know, it really hasn't ever been an issue in my life, wishing harm to others.

Truthfully, I don't want him, his family, or anyone else for that matter, harmed.  Therein lies the conundrum though because he's out to harm a lot of people, the environment, and pretty much anything he feels like.  He'd drop kick a puppy while grabbing a nun by the privates, and robbing an orphan's piggy bank if he thought it would benefit him at all.   He contains no actual good.  But if that jackass was on fire, I'd still put him out because of my humanity, not his.  

But oh how I want there to be a spectacular flameout in his very, very, very near future.  A flameout that will carry him (and his pet hairshirt wearing sidekick, that woman-hater Pence) far away from anything resembling power.  

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 13

Vladimir Putin is (among other things) a ruthless dictator, a cold blooded assassin, has committed genocide, is corrupt, throws critics in prison and never seen again, and wants to rule the world. Despite all of that, no matter how evil, scary and ruthless he is, I am STILL inclined to like him better than Donald Trump.

I try to remember that 'revenge is a dish best served cold' and I have to believe that ultimately the Trump dynasty will end and it will end badly. We might have to wait a while for it to happen but in the meantime, I can allow myself the pleasure of imagining things that would be possible now. Like Ivanka walking in dog poo or getting her period unexpectedly and stain the back of a $700 white dress she's wearing. Maybe watching as Donald's pants split in the ass when he sits at the inauguration dinner and it's photographed by thousands of people at the dinner.  Donald Jr. having a big white piece of food stuck to his lip as he gives an interview. I'd really like to watch as Eric Trump has his Eddie Munster hairstyle messed up by a cyclone wind or a pouring rain.  It's the little things in life that matter the most, ya know?

CvLy2CXWgAA42ic.jpg

• Love 21
3 hours ago, callmebetty said:

I wonder in the future how are alien overlords will look back at this time?

Well, taking a pessimistic view, I would venture a guess that they will laugh their asses (or alien equivalent) off at how a mental age of twelve sociopath could destroy global civilization.

• Love 11

My apologies if this was posted and I missed it (you guys move fast!), but I just hear this on the radio today and.....well, I don't know exactly what my feelings were (but, they were negative): 

‘It’s So Sad,’ Donald Trump Says of Syria, Promising ‘Safe Zones’

“When I look at what’s going on in Syria, it’s so sad,” he told a crowd here. “It’s so sad, and we’re going to help people.” Mr. Trump said he would ask the Persian Gulf nations to put up money for the project, adding, “We’ll build and help build safe zones in Syria, so people will have a chance.”

I have no words.........

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

My apologies if this was posted and I missed it (you guys move fast!), but I just hear this on the radio today and.....well, I don't know exactly what my feelings were (but, they were negative): 

I have no words.........

I can think of at least 4 words - He's a fucking moron.

Like these so called "safe zones" won't be targeted to be bombed? The other side is just supposed to respect the fact they are called "safe zones?" Look at how many civilians have been killed already in bombings and what not - labeling something as a "safe zone" is unlikely to deter much of anything - it could even potentially have the opposite effect and make those areas a bigger target.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 24
16 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

I can think of at least 4 words - He's a fucking moron.

Like these so called "safe zones" won't be targeted to be bombed? The other side is just supposed to respect the fact they are called "safe zones?" Look at how many civilians have been killed already in bombings and what not - labeling something as a "safe zone" is unlikely to deter much of anything - it could even potentially have the opposite effect and make those areas a bigger target.

Those 4 words work. :(  They say he's "a poor man's idea of a rich man" and he's also a "stupid person's idea of a smart man".  I guess he wasn't paying attention on Thursday (because, really, he doesn't actually CARE), when the civilians were supposed to be allowed "safe" passage on buses out of Aleppo but when they arrived to board, they were fired on from the ground and the air.

On a related note, here are 3 Professors of Psychiatry who wrote the WH expressing their concerns for the president-elect's mental health and recommending a full professional evaluation:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-greene/is-donald-trump-mentally_b_13693174.html

Edited by Padma
  • Love 17
30 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I have no words.........

"Mr. Trump said he would ask the Persian Gulf nations to put up money for the project,"

Right after he gets Mexico to pay for the wall.

• Love 23

Kurt Eichenwald is a former Newsweek and current Vanity Fair reporter who has been actively anti-Trump.  His Twitter account has been extremely active, sending out pages and pages of reporting on Trump's illegal activities and conflicts of interest.  Eichenwald is well known to have epilepsy.  Some evil piece of shit sent him a tweet with the caption "You deserve a seizure", and sent him a link to a strobe light, hoping to trigger a seizure.  Eichenwald has had to withdraw from Twitter in self defense.

http://newcenturytimes.com/2016/12/17/trump-troll-forces-vanity-fair-editor-off-twitter-by-harming-him-and-its-horrific-tweets/

• Love 13

BackForMore, Rapunzel, Silver Raven I hope some prosecutor decides to prosecute the tweeter for at least assault. If it ends up being a Republican district attorney, I hope they're smart enough to realize that you have to stop this shit before it goes too far because this is the kind of thing that teens get into and then you have a horrible national news story with parents sobbing on GMA. 

Also Twitter needs to ban this kind of thing and permanently ban people who pull this stuff. It's also possible that it might be prosecutable in a federal court because it involved interstate communications.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

I have no words.........

His idea of safe zones is probably fucking Trump hotels and the Persian Gulf nations fronting the money for it.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, GaT said:

My apologies if this was posted and I missed it (you guys move fast!),

Donald Trump: A True Narcissistic Sociopath (Full)

http://trumpthemovie.com/blog/real-clear-politics-suppressed-documentary-from-1991-targets-gop-frontrunner-watch-trump-whats-the-deal-free

Twenty-seven years ago, when Donald Trump was riding high, some filmmakers started to make a documentary film about him.  Twenty-five years ago, when Trump was on the ropes, they finished “Trump: What’s the Deal?”  No one saw it.

Donald Trump went after the very rich —- much richer than Trump —- mogul who had financed the film. He threatened to sue. Made personal attacks. The mogul decided he didn’t need the trouble. Not that anything the mogul decided really mattered —- no broadcaster would touch the film.  Score one for Trump.

Twenty-five years later, score one for the filmmakers —- ‘Trump: What’s the Deal?” is on the web.

What will you see? Trump working with the mob in Atlantic City, intimidating tenants, hiring illegal immigrant labor, verbally assaulting his family and underlings, trying to move a Florida airport because jets flew directly over his home... the list goes on and on.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-kornbluth/25-years-ago-a-documentar_b_9727252.html

[more at link]

The most interesting part to me was where they talk about how Twitler always was either going up to the line (of breaking the law) or frequently crossing it.  

Edited by navelgazer
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, Lunata said:

Putin/trump hug

The only thing wrong with that picture is there's no way Trump is ever the big spoon in this equation.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 13

The Sphincter-In-Chief is right about the two proposed updated Air Force Ones. 
They are more costly than they should be.  Due to the needed technology and advances in protective measures.

Instead I want to say that I will be more than happy to pony up not just two Air Force Ones that this Walking Taint deserves. But, count 'em, FOUR!.  That's right folks.  Four.  I will personally underwrite the entire financial cost of the four Air Force Ones that will meet the requirements that the next President deserves.

oie_POt9j01b_YAev.jpg

• Love 16

They should charge that Twitter user with assault/battery. He/she did every bit as much damage as physically hitting Kurt. My son has seizures. In addition to what others have said, a person who has a seizure cannot drive for at least 6 months( varies by state)and has to have a doctor certify the seizures are prevented with medication before they CAN drive again. This is very disruptive to their work and personal life. Not everyone lives in a city large enough to have convenient 24 hour public transportation, or understanding employers.

In other news.trump tweeted that the Chinese should keep our stolen drone. Does he understand they can take it apart, learn our technology and use it against us? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

In other news.trump tweeted that the Chinese should keep our stolen drone. Does he understand they can take it apart, learn our technology and use it against us? 

No, no he does not.  And he doesn't care that he does not understand.

• Love 24
On 17/12/2016 at 3:33 AM, Duke Silver said:

^^ A lot of them will, but they'll still blame "libtard cucks" for all their problems.  For a party/group of people who claim to believe in "pulling yourself up by the bootstraps" they sure like to blame others for their lot in life.  The hypocrisy is glaring to anyone who isn';t willfully blind.

This new "cuck" insult makes me laugh. The people who use it are basically telling everyone what one of their biggest fears is.  

• Love 9

^^^ They're all a bunch of pathetic bedwetters w/ obvious fears of sexual inadequacy.  I've had IRL encounters w/ some of them.  IME, they talk tough when all grouped together &/or when they think they have someone cowed.  I have made it clear every occasion I'm no "soft libtard"; I make it clear I believe in my 2nd Amendment right to bear arms.  I'm also not a small guy, so physical intimidation doesn't work either.

• Love 8

After China took the underwater drone, Donald tweeted "this is unpresidented!" Then he corrected his spelling "this is unprecedented!"  Then China says they'll give it back. He responds to China, "We should tell China that we don't want the drone they stole back.- let them keep it!"

Yesterday, he said, "This is the last time I'll be speaking at a rally for, maybe a while. Ya know. They're saying 'as President, he shouldn't be doing rallies', I think we should, right? We've done everything else the opposite."

I wouldn't be surprised if he still needed them so badly after being sworn in as President that he continues to have these rallies in order to keep refilling the black hole that's his soul.  But he'll probably start charging admission, and dumbasses will pay admission too. He'll be traveling the country with his stupid red cap doing rallies while Ivanka, Beavis and Butthead take control of running the the United States business.

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

This new "cuck" insult makes me laugh. The people who use it are basically telling everyone what one of their biggest fears is.  

I had to look it up on Urban Dictionary.  You might as well insult people in Klingon.

18 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I kind of like that he's able to show his ass to all so regularly.

So do I.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Lunata said:

After China took the underwater drone, Donald tweeted "this is unpresidented!" Then he corrected his spelling "this is unprecedented!"  Then China says they'll give it back. He responds to China, "We should tell China that we don't want the drone they stole back.- let them keep it!"

Yesterday, he said, "This is the last time I'll be speaking at a rally for, maybe a while. Ya know. They're saying 'as President, he shouldn't be doing rallies', I think we should, right? We've done everything else the opposite."

I wouldn't be surprised if he needed the  so badly after being sworn in as President that he continues to have these rallies in order to keep refilling the black hole that's his soul.  But he'll probably start charging admission, and dumbasses will pay admission too. He'll be traveling the country with his stupid red cap doing rallies while Ivanka, Beavis and Butthead take control of running the the United States business.

Also, his meatball spokesman, Jason (??) Miller tweeted last night (I posted it here somewhere) that Trump had "done it again" or something, implying Trump had negotiated the return of the drone.  Yeah....suuuure.  Then Trump tweets that China can keep it.  What a fucking clown car.  The "best people" huh, Donald?

Edited by Duke Silver
  • Love 11