Type keyword(s) to search

Whoopi Goldberg: EGOT Winner, So Why Is She Here?

Lisin
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, bannana said:

Yes, she says she didn't say what she clearly said and meant.  I get her being pissed off for losing work over it, but she needs to own that she made the joke that she made.

It was probably her attitude, lack of remorse, and refusal to issue the barest apology that had people so worried they wouldn't hire her (if that, in fact, happened).

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Whoopi was fairly obnoxious as a guest on Colbert tonight. 😡

Yeah, I didn't get why she went that way. Usually she is much better on the late night shows.  But for some reason, she brought her The View persona with her.  It was weird.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Whoopi was fairly obnoxious as a guest on Colbert tonight. 😡

I posted on Colbert's late show thread about this.

Watched it last night and her nastiness towards Colbert was uncalled for. Like he said, he was going to ask her about her damn book. She should've known he was going to ask her about the impeachment inquiry first though. Ugh. Usually she's decent during interviews outside of The View, but last night wasn't a good look at all.

Smoke your Mary Jane and relax, Whoopi.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

That stupid book🙄 who the hell is buying a book about setting a damn table. 

The same people who are buying and wearing this referee tarp? 

57506557_161579001524122_194300607827722563_n.thumb.jpg.2a149500e7fa847c1ff0cf5fde34fe0d.jpg

And as far as hostessing tips go, I can think of nobody, and I mean, nobody, whose opinions and advice I would be less interested in than Whoopi friggin' Goldberg's.  Who in their right mind would look to this ornery, cantankerous curmudgeon for advice on how to be a warm and welcoming hostess?!  IT's gotta be a joke they are playing on the unsuspecting fools who are running around town wearing the above!

• LOL 11
  • Love 12

“You can do pizza—what you do is get some fantastic paper plates and get some great wine,” she explains. “You can take this as far as you want and have as much with it, but you can do a formal setting and then serve pizza!”

I just found this quote from her.  How groundbreaking of her!!!!  Thank god she wrote a book to share this with the world! 

Quote Source:  https://parade.com/927141/brittany_galla/whoopi-goldberg-the-unqualified-hostess-book-interview/

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

She was BEYOND rude to Colbert, what in the hell is wrong with her? She's a rich bitch spoiled brat, that's what. He was very sweet to her, and she was just nasty and would not answer anything he asked, she kept repeating she ONLY wanted to talk about her wonderful BOOK not Drumpt. Oh, and by the way her clothes were actually dirty! Knock yourself out Miss Piggy. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

“You can do pizza—what you do is get some fantastic paper plates and get some great wine,” she explains. “You can take this as far as you want and have as much with it, but you can do a formal setting and then serve pizza!”

I just found this quote from her.  How groundbreaking of her!!!!  Thank god she wrote a book to share this with the world! 

Quote Source:  https://parade.com/927141/brittany_galla/whoopi-goldberg-the-unqualified-hostess-book-interview/

Dear lord!  she wrote a book about what kind of fucking PLATES to put pizza on?  the more she talks about this book the more stupid it sounds.  

Tell, me Whoopi, when my husband and I are enjoying tacos in front of the TV, and putting on a Netflix movie, how should I set the coffee table for maximum enjoyment?  should I put extra salsa in a pretty silver dish?  Does it matter that the napkin holder  doesn't match the placemats?  Is it OK to serve margaritas in wine glasses? 

54 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I saw Colbert last night, expecting Whoopi to be cordial, but wow, I agree with what others have said.  She came off really bad.  I wouldn't be surprised if Colbert never invites her back.  Here's the Youtube if anyone missed it:

What a bitch!  On such an historic day, the start of an impeachment inquiry, she can't take a moment to say what she thinks?  "I WROTE A BOOK!"  This is Colbert's show, and yeah, he'll get to your fucking book, first he wants to  ask your reaction to the news of the day.  She won't let the question be asked, because she wrote a book about table settings! 

And then she has the nerve to say that everyone should pay attention to what's going on, what trump is saying, etc.   Wait, WHAT?  didn't you just say you didn't CARE what was going on, because you wanted to discuss how to set a table??

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Tell, me Whoopi, when my husband and I are enjoying tacos in front of the TV, and putting on a Netflix movie, how should I set the coffee table for maximum enjoyment?  should I put extra salsa in a pretty silver dish?  Does it matter that the napkin holder  doesn't match the placemats?  Is it OK to serve margaritas in wine glasses? 

Hostess Whoopi suggests that you grab extra hand fulls of packets of hot sauce whilst you are at Taco Bell picking up your date night tacos.  She recommends you wear one of her Dubgee caftans with the extra large pockets so that you have lots of room for the hot sauce.  Don't worry, she says, everybody does it.  And this way, you will always have extras on hand for when you host your next dinner party.  If you have access to napkins, plastic forks, or anything else that isn't nailed down, help yourself.  These things can all come in handy at the next birthday party you host. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

Why is she wearing those white dreads?  Looks like she stuck her head in a fire pit.  Appreciate whomever answers.

She is doing a movie, The Stand and she plays a one hundred year old woman, apparently with a white mop weaved into her head.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Hostess Whoopi suggests that you grab extra hand fulls of packets of hot sauce whilst you are at Taco Bell picking up your date night tacos.  She recommends you wear one of her Dubgee caftans with the extra large pockets so that you have lots of room for the hot sauce.  Don't worry, she says, everybody does it.  And this way, you will always have extras on hand for when you host your next dinner party.  If you have access to napkins, plastic forks, or anything else that isn't nailed down, help yourself.  These things can all come in handy at the next birthday party you host. 

Thank you.  And then the added benefit of the caftan would be that I can eat all the tacos I want,  and nobody would ever be able to tell if I gained a few pounds. Or 30 pounds.  And if I spill on my caftan, I can probably just reverse it.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

“You can do pizza—what you do is get some fantastic paper plates and get some great wine,” she explains. “You can take this as far as you want and have as much with it, but you can do a formal setting and then serve pizza!”-Whoopi

OMG-this tip is worth buying the hardback version of the book. I had never thought of serving pizza on paper plates with wine! This shit is groundbreaking. I wonder if she recommends bargaining for the price of the wine at the bodega? Who buys this shit? Any idea how it is selling?

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

OMG-this tip is worth buying the hardback version of the book. I had never thought of serving pizza on paper plates with wine! This shit is groundbreaking. I wonder if she recommends bargaining for the price of the wine at the bodega? Who buys this shit? Any idea how it is selling?

No idea. I like seeing the list price ($35) and will follow how low sellers are willing to go.  I hope my library has it.  I've purchased too many "pretty books" that I would have been just as happy donating 10 minutes to in my library (mostly beautiful cookbooks--and I do NOT like to cook).

Edited by HaaCHOO
An unfortunate merge.
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Who in their right mind would look to this ornery, cantankerous curmudgeon for advice on how to be a warm and welcoming hostess?!  IT's gotta be a joke they are playing on the unsuspecting fools who are running around town wearing the above!

We usually hear (and sometimes see) how different (popular and WONDERFUL) she is away from The View.  Her appearance on Colbert emphasized what CementHead wrote here!  She has taken her self-importance to the worst level.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

https://www.amazon.com/Unqualified-Hostess-way-you-can/dp/084786698X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1G0NZ89PL5JOL&keywords=whoopi+goldberg+the+unqualified+hostess&qid=1569443540&s=books&sprefix=whoopi+%2Caps%2C135&sr=1-1

According to Amazon it is selling well.

On 9/25/2019 at 10:17 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Just watched her on last night's Colbert ... GAWD she was SO rude!!! 

Colbert stayed classy, but we could all read his mind...his clever, evil, sarcastic, JUSTIFIED little mind!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh baby, if only Colbert wasn't such a class act, I'll tell you this, she is dead to him. 

Yes.  Whoopi is on a show which some magazine proclaimed the "most important political show on tv", and yet, when she is a guest on another show, and asked about something that is the most important political event in decades - she says she  doesn't want to talk about it.   Guests don't treat HER that way on The View.  

• Love 15

I hope she does a demo from her book. I just spent too much time trying to login into my library accounts to see if her book was available in digital... it isn't. Didn't bother to check if they have it in hard copy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2019 at 4:02 PM, atlantaloves said:

Colbert won the Peabody award the first year his show was on the air, you got one Whoopie?

If she gets one, she could be a GOTPEE  (I added the extra "E" because I think she has a couple of Emmys).

• LOL 4

OldDreads.jpg.7ff44baaca22904bc601c768c06e9e1f.jpg

5 hours ago, falltime said:

wait, wait, wait. So we are to believe that the character's hair is actually real and not extensions. I can totally see Whoopi's previous dreads underneath and her roots are dark.

I think it's a bad "hair" choice all around.  I don't know who this person is, but these dreads seem natural.  If this person ages to 100+, perhaps the hair would be whiter and (most likely) much thinner.  I think artistic license has been taken and Whoopi put in her 2 cents' worth.  Not a good or authentic look.

Edited by HaaCHOO
Inserted "seem," which I somehow missed.
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, falltime said:

I'm assuming she is not a main character, so she can work the days she is not on The View. A few weeks ago she was off on a thursday.

I want her to leave altogether, honestly 

• Love 7