Type keyword(s) to search

Whoopi Goldberg: EGOT Winner, So Why Is She Here?

Lisin
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Tammee said:

I do have to say, that Ive liked how Whoopi has had her hair pulled back all week.  Looks good

11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And the new jackets and tunics are nice. 

Yeah, she's definitely spruced up, and it looks good on her.  Like her new "do", and her clothes are certainly more cheery and colorful, and less "bag lady" looking.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Cindyluwho said:

"She's an EGOT—part of an elite, 15-person group of entertainers who have won an Emmy (outstanding host for The View), Grammy (she’s got two, including best comedy album for her 1985 self-titled stand up record), Oscar (best supporting actress, Ghost), and a Tony (for 2002's Thoroughly Modern Millie)."

The article states that she became an EGOT when she won an Emmy for the View but she was an EGOT before she ever hosted the View.  She won an Emmy in 2002.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Ha, ha - tell us what you really think, Whoopi!  

I'm wondering who she's referring to.

How many ugly men did she sleep with to get her EGOTs?  Or would she have us believe she is the only woman who earned hers?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

How many ugly men did she sleep with to get her EGOTs?  Or would she have us believe she is the only woman who earned hers?

Oh, there's definitely a whiff of Pick-me (def. 2) to Whoopi. She has a tendency to be contemptuous of other women unless they admire her.

• Love 6

I was only half-listening to today's show, did Whoopi indicate that her trip to London was to attend the latest Royal wedding?  She said something about being a friend of the bride's family and then Meghan was off on her Anti-Royal tangent, and I was scratching my head wondering  "Is Whoopi a friend of Fergie's"?!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I was only half-listening to today's show, did Whoopi indicate that her trip to London was to attend the latest Royal wedding?  She said something about being a friend of the bride's family and then Meghan was off on her Anti-Royal tangent, and I was scratching my head wondering  "Is Whoopi a friend of Fergie's"?!

I don’t think she was at the wedding.  She is a type of minor celebrity that Fergie would think is classy, though.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

So, I Googled why Whoopi was in London(since she hates to fly), she was there to attend the opening of the new Play about Tina Turner(there was a photo of her with the young lady playing Tina).

She was a guest on The Graham Norton Show too.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Jaded said:

She was a guest on The Graham Norton Show too.

Graham Norton has a good show.  I find Whoopi funny when she's not on The View (which I guess could suck the funny out of anyone).

• Love 3

Whoopi was on Colbert's show last night. The first video is her guest appearance. She said the the place where she adopted her blind and deaf dog from asked if they could have him back after seeing his reaction to other dogs. The reason being is they thought he'd be good at helping to socialize other animals which helps with getting them adopted. Apparently she still visits the dog sometimes and they send her video updates. Her cat is 18yrs old now. She said she still doesn't read anything about herself on social media. The only mention of The View was when Whoopi acknowledged the fact that politics are discussed on the show daily and that was only after Stephen asked. The last couple minutes are the two of them hawking her holiday sweaters
The 2nd video is the segment she did with Stephen and rescue dogs that are available for adoption

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4

whoopi posted a live thing on facebook yesterday. It seems that she does indeed have a clothing line. The clothes were predictably horrible (and should come with a shopping cart full of returnables for the complete look. (no offense meant to the homeless, who , at least in my neighborhood are usually far better dressed). Naturally Alex was one of the models!

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, pachebo said:

whoopi posted a live thing on facebook yesterday. It seems that she does indeed have a clothing line. The clothes were predictably horrible (and should come with a shopping cart full of returnables for the complete look. (no offense meant to the homeless, who , at least in my neighborhood are usually far better dressed). Naturally Alex was one of the models!

I didn't know the embedded video would be that big. Geeze those clothes are.... 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Monique who is bitter about her career is attacking Whoopie and saying some not so nice things about her appearance on the view last year.  Monique needs to stop with her self-inflicting wounds.

Where is Monique saying these things?

there was a lot of tense between those two last time Monique was on the show. 

• Love 2

Monique was trying to get support for a boycott of Netflix, because they offered her less money than they offered Chris Rock for a comedy special.  Whoopi, wisely, was not going to jump on that bandwagon, and tried to dissuade Monique from her position.

If Monique wants to think of herself as the same level of talent as Chris Rock, more power to her.   But it's not fair to insist that others think the same way.  Whoopi knows a lot of people, and I bet her point to Monique was more about - don't start a fight you can't win.  

Really - boycotting NETFLIX?  Over MONIQUE?  not going to happen. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Monique said that Whoopie has always been the help in Hollywood. She also blasted her for the Ted Danson black face incident. It was really bad on Monique's part.

• Love 3

I remember Monique's appearance on The View. I'm not sure if I agree with Monique per se regarding her boycott, but Whoopi went out of her way to be an asshole. Whoopi could've just as easily let Monique say whatever she wanted and leave like all guests, and instead decided to stick her nose in there and fingerwag.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I remember Monique's appearance on The View. I'm not sure if I agree with Monique per se regarding her boycott, but Whoopi went out of her way to be an asshole. Whoopi could've just as easily let Monique say whatever she wanted and leave like all guests, and instead decided to stick her nose in there and fingerwag.

I thought Whoopie came from a place of love and Monique was wrong in how she went after Oprah, Lee Daniels and Tyler Perry.  

• Love 5
17 hours ago, tribeca said:

Mo’Nique Calls Whoopi Goldberg ‘The Help’ Who ‘Never Gave A Damn About Me’

Calling Whoopi The Help is like calling her an Uncle Tom - completely uncalled for. And Mo'Nique wonders why she's been blackballed from the industry. Plus I'm sure she has Whoopi's number. She could've called Whoopi and discussed this in private.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Calling Whoopi The Help is like calling her an Uncle Tom - completely uncalled for. And Mo'Nique wonders why she's been blackballed from the industry. Plus I'm sure she has Whoopi's number. She could've called Whoopi and discussed this in private.

Monique has a very  highly inflated opinion of herself.  I am not a fan of Whoopi on the View but she has had a very long career in Hollywood.  Monique could learn a thing or two about not burning bridges.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Monique has a very  highly inflated opinion of herself.  I am not a fan of Whoopi on the View but she has had a very long career in Hollywood.  Monique could learn a thing or two about not burning bridges.

Yeah, Whoopi frequently irritates me on The View but the permanent mark she left in Hollywood cannot be denied. Mo'Nique downplaying Whoopi's success and calling her The Help makes her look very bitter.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 11
23 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

If Monique wants to think of herself as the same level of talent as Chris Rock, more power to her.

If I planned to see Mo'Nique and Chris Rock concerts, I'd expect to pay more for Chris...much more.   I think Netflix knows that.

I'd also pay more for Kathy Griffen (yes, even now!) or Amy Schumer.  Chris would still demand a higher ticket price.

• Love 6
On 10/18/2018 at 6:33 AM, Tanichka said:

I find Whoopi funny when she's not on The View (which I guess could suck the funny out of anyone).

Whoopi does PLENTY-O-SUCKING !!!    Off The View, she's the wise sage...the EGOT winner, the perfector of the humble-brag, the happy raconteur, the generous guest. 

On The View...we see the real thing.

• Love 9