Type keyword(s) to search

Whoopi Goldberg: EGOT Winner, So Why Is She Here?

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I’ve seen articles where she states she’s gotten migraines for 40 years. Then Khloe Kardashian appeared on the show. She told Whoopi to ask her doctor about trying the medication. Wouldn’t you know, it works for Whoopi.

Truth in advertising , or crap? Who knows.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I mean, she works with Meghan...

Bwah!  Give me a min while i wipe off my keyboard lol. Jdhf JFK dmcjbsckducnk

Ok done. To answer your question, yes she has in the past.

• Love 2

"I noticed that when Meghan thinks that someone should change their mind, she says "They need to do a 360". I assume she means "180" because 360 gets you back to where you were in the first place."

To be fair, if we're going to call out MeAgain for this, we should also point out that Whoopi did it on today's show as well.  The Queen of Segue she is not!😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

Ahh, the good old days with Jed. Can you imagine how Meghan would have handled this discussion?🥵

IKR! You can tell the topic embarrasses Sara, but she's still cracking up. That's what annoys me about Meghan. I relate to her with having parents who were shy about sex, and I wouldn't love discussing it on TV knowing my family could be watching. I'm also a girly girl who doesn't like to discuss bodily functions. That said, if something is funny, it's funny! Just laugh along if you don't want to get in on it. Sunny is very ladylike, but she's a great sport about Whoopi telling Manny all the ways she farts. 😂

• LOL 6
On 6/28/2021 at 3:57 PM, RealHousewife said:

I'm not one to normally laugh at fart jokes, but Whoopi is hilarious here.

LOLOLOL!  That is so funny!  Sara was really killing me though!  Sunny's new epitaph will be She Who Farts!

• LOL 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/whoopi-goldberg-joins-the-cast-of-till/ar-AAMvERE?ocid=msedgntp

Whoopi Goldberg joins the cast of Till

The 65-year-old actress will star as Emmett Till's grandmother Alma Carthan in the upcoming movie, which centres on the story of Till's mother and her fight for justice.

Danielle Deadwyler will star in the film as Mamie Till-Mobley, who seeks justice for her son after he's killed by a white mob.

Whoopi is also producing the project alongside Keith Beauchamp, Barbara Broccoli, Thomas K. Levine, Michael JP Reilly and Frederick Zollo.

• Useful 2
3 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

To learn how to read off of a monitor. She's made progress, albeit slowly. over the 14 seasons.

Though just when you think she has learned to read the monitor, Whoops does a long hard squint with a perplexed look on her face and seconds of silence, like yesterday when she finally realized it was telling her that Mary Trump's time was up.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

AS another season with Whoopi comes to a close (her fourteenth!) , I realize why Whoopi is there...

To learn how to read off of a monitor. She's made progress, albeit slowly. over the 14 seasons.

Rosie Perez No GIF

• LOL 6

Shame on you ABC Whoopi Goldberg is not anti-Semitic. The Jews are a religion some would say a culture Jewish people are not a race. Just because the Nazis said they wanted to illuminate the Jewish race doesn’t mean that they were correct the Jews are God‘s chosen people all stemming from the Torah. It has nothing to do with one’s color of skin get it straight people. How dare the head of ABC say….. I’m giving her two weeks to reflect on What she said if I had all the money in the world I would give her some of it and tell her to tell you to pick a finger and walk out the door

On 2/3/2022 at 8:03 PM, Barbara Evans said:

Shame on you ABC Whoopi Goldberg is not anti-Semitic. The Jews are a religion some would say a culture Jewish people are not a race. Just because the Nazis said they wanted to illuminate the Jewish race doesn’t mean that they were correct the Jews are God‘s chosen people all stemming from the Torah. It has nothing to do with one’s color of skin get it straight people. How dare the head of ABC say….. I’m giving her two weeks to reflect on What she said if I had all the money in the world I would give her some of it and tell her to tell you to pick a finger and walk out the door

hey let's not? a) she apologized so even she knows she stepped in it and b) racism and colorism are not the same thing. this whole comment is a weird mess...

• Love 8

I don't mind her giving her opinion, but her insistence that her view is the only correct one gets tiresome.  Sometimes she manages to make a good point, if you can figure out what she's trying to say, but she continually shuts other people down by decreeing The Law According to Whoopie.  Rock solid.  There can be no disagreement.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I don't mind her giving her opinion, but her insistence that her view is the only correct one gets tiresome.  Sometimes she manages to make a good point, if you can figure out what she's trying to say, but she continually shuts other people down by decreeing The Law According to Whoopie.  Rock solid.  There can be no disagreement.

This is why she shouldn't be moderator.  If she had said what she said as just a panelist the moderator would have been able to cut her off.  Whoopi thinks moderator means being able to dispense her neverending wisdom and everyone has to listen.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

This is why she shouldn't be moderator.  If she had said what she said as just a panelist the moderator would have been able to cut her off.  Whoopi thinks moderator means being able to dispense her neverending wisdom and everyone has to listen.

In the past, the ladies used to push back on her rigid opinions but they have given up.  Whoopie has no basic understanding on how insurance work..  The ladies who did push back like Paula, Rosie and Jedidiah were bullied and harassed by her.  

Sunny used to challenge her at times when she first got on the show but she quickly realized that it was best  to not do that if she wanted to keep her job.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

In the past, the ladies used to push back on her rigid opinions but they have given up.  Whoopie has no basic understanding on how insurance work..  The ladies who did push back like Paula, Rosie and Jedidiah were bullied and harassed by her.  

Sunny used to challenge her at times when she first got on the show but she quickly realized that it was best  to not do that if she wanted to keep her job.

despite me disagreeing with a lot of her personal views. I think Paula could've been a fine moderator like Meredith eventually. she was often uncomfortable sharing her opinions so moderating instead may have been more her fortay. caving to Whoopi and cutting her to one day a week was really a big mistake by ABC. she moderated some in 2015 when Whoopi was out and did a nice job...but maybe that was why whoop hated her so much.

Edited by Buckeye71034
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, Buckeye71034 said:

despite me disagreeing with a lot of her personal views. I think Paula could've been a fine moderator like Meredith eventually. she was often uncomfortable sharing her opinions so moderating instead may have been more her fortay. caving to Whoopi and cutting her to one day a week was really a big mistake by ABC. she moderated some in 2015 when Whoopi was out and did a nice job...but maybe that was why whoop hated her so much.

Whoopie could have been a good moderator if she was open to learn, she interjects her opinion too much in a domineering way and does not let the conversation flow naturally.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Whoopie could have been a good moderator if she was open to learn, she interjects her opinion too much in a domineering way and does not let the conversation flow naturally.  

Yes.  Anytime i hear her say here's the thing I just cringe because whatever she says next will in fact not be the thing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 7
47 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

she was good the first few years when I think she was grateful for the job. but apparently during Barbara's last few weeks Whoopi refused to let her moderate so she was obviously on some insane power trip by 2014....

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Buckeye71034 said:

she was good the first few years when I think she was grateful for the job. but apparently during Barbara's last few weeks Whoopi refused to let her moderate so she was obviously on some insane power trip by 2014....

Barbara Walters kept her in check because she used to always let her know that she was the alpha female and not Whoopie. Once Barbara Walters retired and Joy was no longer there.  She became drunk with power..

Had Whoopie not been so strident in her opinions that caused controversy, the ladies could have had a thought-provoking discussion about race ethnicity religion and nationality.  There are people in this country who believe Latino is a race.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9
53 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Had Whoopie not been so strident in her opinions that caused controversy, the ladies could have had a thought-provoking discussion about race ethnicity religion and nationality.  There are people in this country who believe Latino is a race.. 

Just my opinion but the panel has much better thought provoking discussions when Whoopi isn't there.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Just my opinion but the panel has much better thought provoking discussions when Whoopi isn't there.

yeah and both Sara and Sunny are more free in their expression imo. Im not personally a fan of Sunny's prudish behavior but the way Whoopi handles it is SOOOO belittling as if Whoopi doesn't have her own prudish views she just treats as fact. Even Joy as pro choice as she is is more respectable to Sunny during those convos. 

Edited by Buckeye71034
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

I had a dislike for Paula back before her GMA days. Got on my nerves royally..  don't get me started on Geo Benitez hah!  I don't know what but she seemed sort of different in that I didn't really care about it anymore. I hope they give it to her.  Longshot but weirder things have happened

10 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

Why does she get a two week vacation for her insensitive remarks? They didn’t give Rosanne a chance to apologize she was fired. 

She was suspended, not on vacation. Whoopi works under a contract and suspensions are without pay.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/5/2022 at 12:47 PM, Diana Berry said:

Why does she get a two week vacation for her insensitive remarks? They didn’t give Rosanne a chance to apologize she was fired. 

What Whoopi said was ignorant and wrong, but she didn’t mean to be hurtful. I think she was attempting to be profound but failed. Roseanne was blatantly racist. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

What Whoopi said was ignorant and wrong, but she didn’t mean to be hurtful. I think she was attempting to be profound but failed. Roseanne was blatantly racist. 

So that how it’s being explained. Yea right not. 

I just saw a blurb on daily mail that they're saying Whoopi claimed years of appropriation being part Jewish when she was way younger. Jewish, Buddhist, Baptist and Catholic is what she said her family was.  This was back in 1997 that she said that

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I just saw a blurb on daily mail that they're saying Whoopi claimed years of appropriation being part Jewish when she was way younger. Jewish, Buddhist, Baptist and Catholic is what she said her family was.  This was back in 1997 that she said that

yeah Whoopi said Goldberg (a German jewish name) was a family name and she was jewish previously though not practicing but when she did an ancestry test they came up with 0 German or jewish ancestors....and then there's a rumor her mom told her to choose Goldberg as her stage name because it would help her in Hollywood which is a bit yikes. Caryn Johnson..

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I was so happy to see Whoopi return today. 

I respectfully disagree.  She even rambled in her "I'm back" speech.  You had two weeks to come up with something.  TWO weeks!

She winged it, as usual, rambled on, as usual, lost her train of thought, as usual, couldn't think of the word, goes blank and fumbles, as usual then fizzles out with an ill-fitting noun she pulled out of her ass, failing to make her point, as usual. 

Did I ramble?  Apologies.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 2/6/2022 at 7:54 PM, RealHousewife said:

I think she was attempting to be profound but failed.

Doesn't this sentence sum up Whoopi Goldberg's entire career at THE VIEW?  All those failed attempts that she will never acknowledge.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Back Atcha said:

Doesn't this sentence sum up Whoopi Goldberg's entire career at THE VIEW?  All those failed attempts that she will never acknowledge.

She makes so much more sense when someone else writes the words that come out of her mouth.

• Love 5