Type keyword(s) to search

Whoopi Goldberg: EGOT Winner, So Why Is She Here?

Lisin
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:
16 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Whoopi does PLENTY-O-SUCKING !!!    

Especially sucking up to Meghan.

OMG, Yasssssssss!!     I just remembered that Meghan bragged about her grandmother's birthday (107?) and said she was just so "cool."   I also remember that she didn't like when "old people" try to be cool.  

• Love 9
8 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

OMG, Yasssssssss!!     I just remembered that Meghan bragged about her grandmother's birthday (107?) and said she was just so "cool."   I also remember that she didn't like when "old people" try to be cool.  

She also said she received an invite to her grandmother's birthday party.  Seriously?  Aren't grandchildren, especially the most beloved ones, just automatically invited?  NutMeg lives in a very different world than the rest of us.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Whoopi does PLENTY-O-SUCKING !!! 

Including sucking on candy while trying to talk, which causes her to slur and stumble on words more than when her mouth isn't full of junk. For someone who claims she doesn't eat, she should be able to go one hour with just a glass of water.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, Aileen said:

Anyone else worried about Whoopi? She really isn't quickly recovering from the pneumonia.

my thoughts: 

A couple of years ago, Whoopi did something with Will Wheaton about raising awareness for COPD., called "Breathe Boldly" after Leonard Nimoy was diagnosed with the disease.  

Whoopi smokes marijuana pretty regularly (based on what she has said) 

Smoking puts you at risk for COPD, especially as you get older. 

Whoopi is over 60

Lungs that are compromised by a chronic illness have difficulty bouncing back from pneumonia. 

I'm not making a conclusion or diagnosis, just posting my thoughts. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

my thoughts: 

A couple of years ago, Whoopi did something with Will Wheaton about raising awareness for COPD., called "Breathe Boldly" after Leonard Nimoy was diagnosed with the disease.  

Whoopi smokes marijuana pretty regularly (based on what she has said) 

Smoking puts you at risk for COPD, especially as you get older. 

Whoopi is over 60

Lungs that are compromised by a chronic illness have difficulty bouncing back from pneumonia. 

I'm not making a conclusion or diagnosis, just posting my thoughts. 

Exactly. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Aileen said:

Anyone else worried about Whoopi? She really isn't quickly recovering from the pneumonia.

Yes, I'm a little worried about her considering how long it's been now. But it may be that she's already mostly over it and doesn't want to come back until it's entirely gone. TPTB may not want her to take any chances considering Joy is in her mid-seventies and Abby is pregnant.

• Love 9

It can take several months to get over it, and it is very very catching, people don't realize that it is, trust me I caught it once at work. I ended up in the hospital and I was a young woman then. But this is strange, I have an funky feeling about it.  

• Love 2
(edited)

My mother had a terrible pneumonia,  which took her a couple of different antibiotics to get over.  It took her the better part of a month before the pneumonia was gone and six months before she felt right. She was about Whoopi's age and didn't smoke anything. Pneumonia's a bitch, and it is often worse the older you are. 

I hope she is okay. I'm wondering if she will decide to retire after this.

Edited by General Days
word omission
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, General Days said:

I hope she is okay. I'm wondering if she will decide to retire after this.

That will never happen. Whoopie loves money too much, it is an easy gig that gives her lots of exposure and she loves being the Queen B on it, even though Joy is truly the Queen in my opinion.. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Joy said today that is is “double pneumonia.” Whoopi will be calling in tomorrow. 

I like Whoopi. I don’t think she’s great as a moderator, but I like her in interviews when she’s on other shows. I just don’t think that this gig is her best role.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

That will never happen. Whoopie loves money too much, it is an easy gig that gives her lots of exposure and she loves being the Queen B on it, even though Joy is truly the Queen in my opinion.. 

I agree. Ideally, after this sickness must've taken it out of Whoopi, she would recover fully but decide it was better to look after her health and enjoy retirement, however I am certain tomorrow she'll be calling in to "allay fears" that she isn't coming back.

• Love 3

My google searching sucks, I searched 5 pages of Whoopi Goldberg clothing line.  Dubgee by Whoopi did not come up, the only think I get are fanmade merch with her face or articles of her sweaters. I should have checked her instagram.

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

My favourite is the ginormous b&w striped referee tarp.  Perfect to take to the kids' soccer games. 

Looks like a prison djellaba you might get if arrested in Morocco.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Those clothes are nasty. I wouldn't use them to clean my furniture.

Looks like what I do use to clean the furniture. She can’t be serious. $298 for that tent?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Haleth said:

Looks like what I do use to clean the furniture. She can’t be serious. $298 for that tent?

And remember what she charges for her ugly xmas sweaters?

But she is lamenting all the taxes she pays.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

That stuff is hideous.  Ugly Christmas sweaters are one thing (meant to be ugly) but who told Whoopi she could design clothing?  The button down white shirts are ok, but not for $188.  I thought Neiman Marcus had better taste.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

That stuff is hideous.  Ugly Christmas sweaters are one thing (meant to be ugly) but who told Whoopi she could design clothing?  The button down white shirts are ok, but not for $188.  I thought Neiman Marcus had better taste.

The button down white shirt is OK. But it looks too see-through, so you could only wear it over a tank top or camisole. And the price is way too high.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

DUBGEE by Whoopi Plus Size Five-Pocket Stretch Twill Ankle Jeans  $168.00

Thanks to the posters who led me to the Neiman-Marcus page with Whoopi's "line."  Apparently all of her items are plus size, 1x, 2x, 3x.  Nice!  Not one model shown is even close to that.  Here are her "ankle jeans."

WhoopiLINE.png.f2b20784770d1ba5cc73afce40f183f6.png

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, heysmilinstrange said:

You could get those pants at Old Navy for 25 bucks.

But do they come in a size "12" for meghan?

Wouldn't it be funny if all the hosts showed up one day in whoopi's bag lady dresses?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

But do they come in a size "12" for meghan?

Wouldn't it be funny if all the hosts showed up one day in whoopi's bag lady dresses?

Okay, I hate to body-shame her, and god knows my body isn't perfect either, but they even come in her real size: 20.

• Love 5
On 5/1/2019 at 5:02 PM, babyhouseman said:
On 5/1/2019 at 2:56 PM, Cementhead said:

My favourite is the ginormous b&w striped referee tarp.  Perfect to take to the kids' soccer games. 

Or to wear in prison or the Foot Locker store.

At least we get to see her wearing something other than her ragged stuff.  She scams a free commercial every day for as long as her "line" lasts.  I don't like her stuff, but I like seeing a "new creation" every morning.  Wonder how long before it's at overstock stores.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Whoopie's refusal to speak about the book "Ladies who Punch on Andy's show lets me know that she was rattled by it and that some truth bombs were dropped.. Jenny McCarthy had some strong words about her in addition Rosie O.. Whoopie sounds like a nightmare if you get on her bad side..

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Whoopie's refusal to speak about the book "Ladies who Punch on Andy's show lets me know that she was rattled by it and that some truth bombs were dropped.. Jenny McCarthy had some strong words about her in addition Rosie O.. Whoopie sounds like a nightmare if you get on her bad side..

This is not surprising. She refused to talk about Ted Danson’s Blackface when she was asked about it by Ed Bradley on 60 Minutes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8