Type keyword(s) to search

Whoopi Goldberg: EGOT Winner, So Why Is She Here?

Lisin
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

image.png.a103bb05b5f612cd7f1fe01c093d5eab.pngHere's Ruby Dee as "Mother Abagail" in The Stand.

How are Whoopi's THICK/LONG dreads (with black knots+roots) going to work on a 105- year old woman?  So far it seems ridiculous.

image.png.93be1bd439f316de1910d1b8069a79ce.png

Yes, there is nothing at all realistic about this "look".  It is just silly and distracting.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I recall her saying something like they didn't know how to make a black woman look like a 100 year old woman and now they do when she first came out with that ridiculous fake looking hair.

Not only that, but it lessens any impact whatsoever of seeing Whoopi in that role when the series is released. 🤦‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I recall her saying something like they didn't know how to make a black woman look like a 100 year old woman

Didn't she say we (they?) didn't know what a 100-year-old black woman looked like?   So weird.

• Love 5

Is it possible that Whoopi just wants the attention because she actually has an acting role again?  She was very smiley and happy with herself when Stephen King was on.  It is clear that she hates that she went from movie star to The View host.  Which I can understand, but even so, she is so much luckier than 99.9% of people who can barely make ends meets or who cannot even find a job.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, bannana said:

It is clear that she hates that she went from movie star to The View host. 

The way she tells it, she went to movie star to UNEMPLOYABLE for seven? years--and then Barbara Walters saved her career.  She was grateful until she wasn't.

• Love 3

I guess PETA didn't like Whoopi's anti vegan rant (or comedy bit according to her), so Whoopi tweets about it.  In the replies, a couple of people call her out for the way she treats Sunny. 😮

• Love 1
On 10/17/2019 at 6:09 AM, Haleth said:

I wonder how many episodes it will be.  Abigail doesn't show up until mid book.  It's not a huge role.

I won't be seeing it.  CBS All Access ($5.99/mo with commercials; $9.99 without)...and that Great American Actress, Amber Heard, is one of the principals. Good luck to everyone involved.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

I won't be seeing it.  CBS All Access ($5.99/mo with commercials; $9.99 without)...and that Great American Actress, Amber Heard, is one of the principals. Good luck to everyone involved.

I’ll wait til it’s streaming, subscribe for a month, then cancel immediately after watching. That’s what I do with all subscription services. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 10/17/2019 at 8:09 AM, Haleth said:

I'm sure Whoopi will look fine as Mother Abigail.  I wonder how many episodes it will be.  Abigail doesn't show up until mid book.  It's not a huge role.

I hope Whoopi is gone for at least a month. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I give Whoopi lots of crap, but these are the days she's useful. Sunny's and Joy's way of doing things only works for guests who act normal, not the type who talk a mile a minute, never answer a direct question, overtalk, etc. DJTJr, Kellyanne Conway, Judge Jeanine Pirro--the only way they'll shut up is if someone screams over top of them and loud. And nobody can out-scream Whoopi Goldberg.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I give Whoopi lots of crap, but these are the days she's useful. Sunny's and Joy's way of doing things only works for guests who act normal, not the type who talk a mile a minute, never answer a direct question, overtalk, etc. DJTJr, Kellyanne Conway, Judge Jeanine Pirro--the only way they'll shut up is if someone screams over top of them and loud. And nobody can out-scream Whoopi Goldberg.

And don't come after her personally which is what DJTJ did. He's lucky she didn't go after him harder after he brought up Roman Polanski. As much as I was appalled when she made that comment all those years ago it was not relevant to the topic they were discussing today. The son is like the father.  Takes easy shots instead of fighting fairly.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 23
14 hours ago, lusinia said:

I was checking tomorrow's guest lineups for the late night talk shows, and noticed Whoopie's on Seth Meyer's show.  I imagine she'll enjoy herself more than Meghan did when she was on.

I hope she’s not rude to Seth like she was to Stephen Colbert. It was by no means as bad as the Meghan/Seth interview, but she was snappy towards Colbert at times. 

• Love 5
On 11/7/2019 at 2:05 PM, blondiec0332 said:

And don't come after her personally which is what DJTJ did. He's lucky she didn't go after him harder after he brought up Roman Polanski.

I wonder if His Princess came up with those gems (and others he was too stunned to use).

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I hope she’s not rude to Seth like she was to Stephen Colbert. It was by no means as bad as the Meghan/Seth interview, but she was snappy towards Colbert at times.

but she was snappy rude towards Colbert at times too often...and he worked with it very well.

• Love 7

I DVR'ed Seth last night so just started watching it. She gave him the nutcracker xmas sweater she designed and he asked her, "So, do all of your designs come to you in nightmares?" She laughed pretty genuinely. She seems to enjoy Seth. 

• Love 9
On 11/11/2019 at 2:23 PM, HaaCHOO said:

I wonder if His Princess came up with those gems (and others he was too stunned to use).

Someone posted a link to a column by a guy who was there. He said that two audience members shouted those things to both Joy and Whoopi during a break.   If I remember correctly the guy does write for some sort of entertainment media. 
After reading it I thought they didn’t even come up with that crap on their own. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Unreadable
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, falltime said:

See? This is the Whoopi I like and enjoy. And I'm sure she'll do a good job as the 108 hundred woman in the movie. And she explained that for the movie, they will put the make-up on so she looks it. I only point this out because I've read criticisms and comparisons about how she doesn't look the part. But she will.

For all her ignorance and all that, I can't deny that she's a great actress.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

For all her ignorance and all that, I can't deny that she's a great actress.

She was better on the View when she was dressed up as a cat for Halloween - she seems to play characters better than she plays Whoopi Goldberg.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

She was better on the View when she was dressed up as a cat for Halloween - she seems to play characters better than she plays Whoopi Goldberg.

She’s an EGOT, dahling, not a journalist. 😄

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

So I was scrolling through my Amazon Prime and came across the documentary Lorena, about Lorena Bobbitt. Whoopi was the only comedian interviewed, who had fun with what happened to that sociopathic, abusing, raping arsehole. And what she had to say about what Lorena did. It's so...contradictory to her infamous rape-rape comment on this show.

Would the real Whoopi Goldberg please stand up? The clips they showed of her stand up about it were hilarious.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Jaded said:

Whoopi was in a commercial for The Bachelor during he Oscars....

This is hilarious because whenever they talk about reality shows on the view, Whoopi makes it very clear how stupid she thinks they are. I'm sure she was very professional on set, but on the inside...LOL. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, jungki said:

This is hilarious because whenever they talk about reality shows on the view, Whoopi makes it very clear how stupid she thinks they are. I'm sure she was very professional on set, but on the inside...LOL. 

And I'm sure she got a big fat paycheck too.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Jaded said:

Whoopi was in a commercial for The Bachelor during he Oscars....

1 hour ago, jungki said:

What's ironic is that this is the movie that netted her the Oscar; AAAND she HATED and refused whenever Sara asked her to say that line: "Molly? You in Danger Girl." Hell, she HATED to talk about that movie.

And yet...here she is, doing a spoof of that in that horrid promo. I'm wondering if the Suits told her she had to do it.

• Love 7
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 1:22 PM, jungki said:

That's not true actually. She used to be that way, until one year--I can't remember what season it was, might be when McCain started--she suddenly started to praise Kartrashian and reality shows. The reason was because Whoopi's daughter had got a reality show at the time.

• LOL 1
50 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

WHOOPI?!!!! What kind of a connection would she possibly have with this family!

28 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Hmmmm...that's sure a weird pairing!

Despite what Meghun says, the other ladies do have friends that are conservative. I think the time Newt Grinch co-hosted, Whoopi said she was also friends with Newt.

• Love 1

I'm surprised it took this long for her (them) to wrap up production of the movie, especially since Mother Abigail is not a major character.  I guess she had to keep the hair in case of any post production reshoots.

• Love 1