Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: Secrets, Lies And Vicki's New Guy

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I think she MAY know some secrets that Shannon told her but as others have said there is a difference between a secret and a lie.  I thought Vicki was a giant piece of shit before this episode but now, that piece of shit is godzilla sized and growing.  THIS is the reason she apparently has no friends and why none of her coworkers came to the hospital.  Who does that?  And while she may not have spilled the beans to the others yet she has obviously told Kelly.  So we know that Vicki will never keep a secret.  She has burned Shannon twice now, telling Billy's drunkety drunkster gf about the affair and now possibly telling Kelly something terribly personal about Shannon.  She is gross and I want her gone.  She said this will hurt Shannon's family and this is what is the grossest about this threat.  She knows Shannon has young kids so she apparently feels the need to hurt children because Shannon has the gall to hold Vicki accountable.  Vile.

Bravo, I understand your need/want to show Vicki's ass every week through those oh-so-generous flashbacks, so have fun THIS season, you deserve it.  Let's start a new page next year.  A cleansing of sorts.

Well we don't know the secret so it very well could be a lie that Shannon told and confided it to Vicki.  But you're right, Vicki shouldn't go around threatening to reveal it especially if it's going to hurt Shannon's family.  

I know I'm in the minority here but I thought Vicki was a good friend to Shannon.  She always had her back.  When Vicki got caught in the cancer scam Shannon treated her like crap, calling her a liar, screaming at her, etc.  Vicki apologized numerous times yet Shannon still kept treating her like crap so I can see Vicki's frustration with her.  Heather and Tamra were able to move on.  Shannon kept holding on to her grudge until lo and behold Vicki said Shannon was lying and now all of a sudden she wants to let bygones  be bygones.  Something fishy there.  I also may be the only one here who believes Vicki when she says she didn't know Brooks was lying about cancer but that might be because I can't even imagine someone lying about that so it's probably me being more gullible than anything.  Who knows.

I'm gonna get slammed for this post for kinda taking Vicki's side.  Deep breath....teeth gritted......okay, I'm ready.  

• Love 11

David gives me a bad feeling. I was very happy for them when he planned that beautiful vow renewal and thought, maybe he does feel deep remorse for hurting Shannon and really wants to start over. I was cheering them on.

But then last episode he seemed a bit *too* chipper and up with Shannon, out at dinner. Something rang false to me-that he is trying SO hard to show the audience (and her) that he is a nice guy. Then when they were at the mattress store and she was blathering on about the organic mattresses...I could see that same "try hard to look interested/loving" façade and I had a sinking feeling in my gut. I truly HOPE I am wrong but I felt squicky wondering if he is still seeing his "affair". Something about him and them in general feels....off. Maybe it is just me.

If David truly did have his affair over to meet his family, he is the lowest of the low of garbage. And Shannon is a Doormat with a capital D if she was willing to look past that. That is utterly unforgivable.

David seems too smooth somehow. I really, really like Shannon. She is the most real and has a sweet, vulnerable side. But I must say, she needs to lose the grandma mannerisms/personality. The way she talked about those mattresses....she always sounds about 75 in the way she thinks and dresses, and being so uptight. Loosen up Shannon!

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Nanny pants said:

Vicki may have actually been duped by Brooks at the outset, but where did the "Dr. Terry came over in the middle of the night to administer an IV to Brooks," story come from?   Vicki made up that lie all by herself.

Precisely.  Vicki lied and lied and lied.  She pulled Shannon into her lie, she pulled Terry into her lie and I don't recall her EVER apologizing for what she did.  It's been all excuses with that one (much like a certain RHONJ ho-wife whose name I will not mention.)  Shannon in under no obligation to forgive Vicki for anything. She can hold that grudge for as long as she wants as far as I'm concerned. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Sage47 said:

If David truly did have his affair over to meet his family, he is the lowest of the low of garbage. And Shannon is a Doormat with a capital D if she was willing to look past that. That is utterly unforgivable.

He didn't. Vicki lied about that.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Castina said:

Whenever I see a scene with Kelly I immediately think she is on this show to get a divorce and hoping for a good settlement by trying to document him as a drunk and as asshole.  He may well be but whenever they are together she just seems to switch it on and push for an argument or a scene.  I think  it is Kelly who went on TV for a divorce.  

No matter how shitty Michael might be, he's was the CEO of a publicly traded company. I'm sure that he knows how to modulate his dickishness when he needs to. Kelly keeps talking about how abusive and malicious he can be, but so far we've barely seen evidence of that side of him except at the 70s party.

If you asked people who had never seen this show which person in that marriage most closely resembled how Kelly has described Michael, I suspect that 9 out of 10 people would pick Kelly. Almost all of her film has shown her to be an unstable manipulative alcoholic with rage issues.

She may have come on this show to paint Michael as an asshole for a divorce, but she doesn't have any clue how she comes off.

• Love 17
14 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Awareness is kryptonite to Icki.  

Well...she said the money raised would go toward "awareness"...

(is there anyone not aware of cancer, btw)

1 hour ago, beaker73 said:

Precisely.  Vicki lied and lied and lied.  She pulled Shannon into her lie, she pulled Terry into her lie and I don't recall her EVER apologizing for what she did.  It's been all excuses with that one (much like a certain RHONJ ho-wife whose name I will not mention.)  Shannon in under no obligation to forgive Vicki for anything. She can hold that grudge for as long as she wants as far as I'm concerned. 

She pretends it never even happened. She is a sociapath imo (on top of being crass, vulgar, gross, stupid, racist, etc)

• Love 15

Okay, I'll admit that I only HALF listen to anything coming out of Vicky's mouth, but during the filming of that "commercial" - and I noted people were wearing "Kill All Cancer" tshirts so I assumed it was a PSA - did she say at the end words to the effect that "money can buy you security" (I assume vis-a-vis paying for treatment)?  So.....was this an ad to buy insurance couched in "concern"?  Wonder if she had expected Bravo to run the whole thing, giving her some free advertising?  Because they sure didn't.  In fact, the cutaways to the frustration of the director were priceless.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

did she say at the end words to the effect that "money can buy you security" (I assume vis-a-vis paying for treatment)?  So.....was this an ad to buy insurance couched in "concern"?

Yeah, at the end of her ad she says, "Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you peace of mind."  She's not talking about buying "peace of mind" by donating to her alleged pass through charity to City of Hope and a plastic bracelet.  She's talking about buying cancer coverage insurance.  The whole KAC shit is just to sell insurance, which I think Bravo knows and that's why they left that telltale line in the edit.  If Vicki really wanted to rehab her image and not make a buck off of it (other than ensuring she'd still be getting the Bravo check), she should have put on some kind of benefit/charity event for anything BUT cancer. Perhaps something like returning soldiers' charities, and then she could have had reason to get both Brianna and Ryan on camera more (along with an increased appearance fee for them). 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Sai said:

Well we don't know the secret so it very well could be a lie that Shannon told and confided it to Vicki.  But you're right, Vicki shouldn't go around threatening to reveal it especially if it's going to hurt Shannon's family.  

I know I'm in the minority here but I thought Vicki was a good friend to Shannon.  She always had her back.  When Vicki got caught in the cancer scam Shannon treated her like crap, calling her a liar, screaming at her, etc.  Vicki apologized numerous times yet Shannon still kept treating her like crap so I can see Vicki's frustration with her.  Heather and Tamra were able to move on.  Shannon kept holding on to her grudge until lo and behold Vicki said Shannon was lying and now all of a sudden she wants to let bygones  be bygones.  Something fishy there.  I also may be the only one here who believes Vicki when she says she didn't know Brooks was lying about cancer but that might be because I can't even imagine someone lying about that so it's probably me being more gullible than anything.  Who knows.

I'm gonna get slammed for this post for kinda taking Vicki's side.  Deep breath....teeth gritted......okay, I'm ready.  

Okay I'll go on and admit that the way the other housewives reacted to Cancergate really informed how I felt about Vicki because of it.   See at first I was like, the guy's a liar and she got sucked in to all the lies that followed the first one.   It's shitty but it's also victimless, who'd it hurt?  the noncologists he never saw?  The reputation of facilities where he was never treated?  Dr. Dubrow, plastic surgeon?  He was a lying ass liar who lied but c'mon really? It wasn't murder so I kanyeshrugged and figured:  perspective.  I'm also gonna admit that I was so bored by how much of the season it took up and how much time we spent on it - like I clicked here one day and ya'll talked about this one episode (I don't remember which one) for twenty-three standard essay length pages.  Shit you not.  Lol.   I tapped out and I don't ever quit reading these boards.   I was even a little surprised at how deep they all went to unearth the dishonesty - Meghan was more bored than I was - because at the end of the day, it cost them what?  A made for tv friendship?  Some time and phone calls they had on their hands anyway?  And if they'd invested that much emotionally into Vicki, I could only feel so bad for them.    At a certain point it became much more about Vicki's assholery than her involvement in Brooks' shenanigans.   That said, I believe Shannon does let go of grudges, pretty easily too, she's very formulaic.   Once Vicki was prepared to apologize she couldn't issue one without quantifying or justifying.   It took her like 4 tries to just come up with a plain old garden variety I miss my friend and I'm sorry I hurt you.   You ain't gotta know Shannon for 5 minutes to know you can talk her down off the ledge if you're sincere in your contrition and that shit has not an asterisk in sight.   She forgave Tamra for gossiping about the affair and hemming her up in some corner at (what was the dull one with gigantics boobs name?) beach house, she forgave Meghan for trying to paint her as crazy and uncharitable for not returning her call, she forgave Heather for the indignant toss out of her house.   Vicki's custom apology needed to include some accountability she wasn't willing to accept.   That's Shannon's formula, admit you hurt me + add in what you did to cause that hurt + say you're sorry + mean it.   She's good enough to do the same thing for you if it applies and then it's squashed.  

For the record sai, no slamming here , I agreed with you when this first got uncovered but this woman is her own worst enemy

@zoeysmom - those time stamps though?  Girl, I'm scared of you.  Lol!

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
fondness for over apostrophizing
  • Love 23
3 hours ago, Sai said:

Shannon claims there is no secret or lie she told Vicki on twitter, she claims that Vicki is making all of this up. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Shannon was the good friend to Vicki, not the other way around. Shannon had Vicki's back, even when evidence started coming in that she/Brooks were lying about him having cancer. And Vicki's lies started well before filming began for last season, months, the Terry/IV lie was just 1 of those early lies by Vicki. Yes, Vicki finally admitted to lying at the reunion but then took it all back and claimed she didn't lie at all, that she had been lied to by Brooks and her need for "casseroles" out weighed any lie she may have told the others....but she still insists that she didn't lie about anything to this day. LOL

I understand having a hard time accepting that someone would lie about having cancer but, sadly, it does happen.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Nanny pants said:

Vicki may have actually been duped by Brooks at the outset, but where did the "Dr. Terry came over in the middle of the night to administer an IV to Brooks," story come from?   Vicki made up that lie all by herself.

How else do you get tea casseroles and sympathy?

• Love 1

I just about out with this show.  Deranged Kelly has nothing that interests me.   Meghan is just dumb as a bag of hammers.  Vicki & Tamra need to start trying out for soap operas.  Until Heather can move into her house, she's got nothing.   Shannon - beating a dead horse.  

Next week doesn't look any better.   That clip of Tamra sobbing and staring (straight into the camera) is so fake. 

• Love 4
On 10/4/2016 at 6:49 AM, Mu Shu said:

Tamra has some impressive cellulite, no naval to be found, and really weird, scar tissue looking abs.   It's like a bunch of rivulets and knots on her stomach. Does a tummy tuck do that?  

Not if it's done properly. (crap: I can't get rid of this box below)

On 10/4/2016 at 6:49 AM, Mu Shu said:

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Okay I'll go on and admit that the way the other housewives reacted to Cancergate really informed how I felt about Vicki because of it.   See at first I was like, the guy's a liar and she got sucked in to all the lies that followed the first one.   It's shitty but it's also victimless, who'd it hurt?  the noncologists he never saw?  The reputation of facilities where he was never treated?  Dr. Dubrow, plastic surgeon?  He was a lying ass liar who lied but c'mon really? It wasn't murder so I kanyeshrugged and figured:  perspective.  I'm also gonna admit that I was so bored by how much of the season it took up and how much time we spent on it - like I clicked here one day and ya'll talked about this one episode (I don't remember which one) for twenty-three standard essay length pages.  Shit you not.  Lol.   I tapped out and I don't ever quit reading these boards.   I was even a little surprised at how deep they all went to unearth the dishonesty - Meghan was more bored than I was - because at the end of the day, it cost them what?  A made for tv friendship?  Some time and phone calls they had on their hands anyway?  And if they'd invested that much emotionally into Vicki, I could only feel so bad for them.    At a certain point it became much more about Vicki's assholery than her involvement in Brooks' shenanigans.   That said, I believe Shannon does let go of grudges, pretty easily too, she's very formulaic.   Once Vicki was prepared to apologize she couldn't issue one without quantifying or justifying.   It took her like 4 tries to just come up with a plain old garden variety I miss my friend and I'm sorry I hurt you.   You ain't gotta know Shannon for 5 minutes to know you can talk her down off the ledge if you're sincere in your contrition and that shit has not an asterisk in sight.   She forgave Tamra for gossiping about the affair and hemming her up in some corner at (what was the dull one with gigantics boobs name?) beach house, she forgave Meghan for trying to paint her as crazy and uncharitable for not returning her call, she forgave Heather for the indignant toss out of her house.   Vicki's custom apology needed to include some accountability she wasn't willing to accept.   That's Shannon's formula, admit you hurt me + add in what you did to cause that hurt + say you're sorry + mean it.   She's good enough to do the same thing for you if it applies and then it's squashed.  

For the record sai, no slamming here , I agreed with you when this first got uncovered but this woman is her own worst enemy

Don't worry.  I don't feel like you slammed me at all.  You just voiced your opinion and in a very nice way.  Even if you did slam me that would have been ok too because I was expecting to get slammed.  Lol.  So far everyone has been nice in trying to steer me in the right direction.

I gotta say, I got so bored with the cancer topic last season that I really just started watching halfway.  I would play candy crush while the show was on.  I also stopped reading the board because like you said, it got to be too much.  Today there were some things pointed out to me that I didn't realize because I had lost interest.  I'll keep my eyes open from now on.  Unless I get bored again, then I will start playing candy crush  while the show is on and might even post another unpopular opinion.  Haha.

(I still think Vicki may have something on Shannon.  Shannon changed her tune too quickly for me.  Sssshhhhh.)  :) 

• Love 8

LOL at Kelly at Costco wanting a Diet Coke and a hot dog and then leaving Michael to Uber home! I think we can't tell from the show who is the bigger jerk between the two of them but I do feel a little (JUST A LITTLE!) bad for Kelly in that she clearly wants to get divorced but is worried about the effect of her daughter. That must be a hard choice.

i like Shannon. She is probably annoying to be around IRL but I think she has a sense of humor about herself. Her talking heads are usually pretty funny. 

I dont bregudge anyone for not wanting to be friends with Vicki. She has shown how awful she is in a variety of different ways over many years. She probably has some sort of secret on Shannon but Shannon seems generally pretty honest. I can't imagine she has this huge lie - maybe it's just some information that she wants to keep private. I think there is a difference between being a liar and being someone with ALL of their shit out there.

Tamra is still over the top but I do think she has changed from previous seasons and seems like she is trying to be a better person.

i felt kind of bad for Meghan when she was talking about her depression and how her doctor reacted and then how Jimmy reacted. Hopefully he was more supportive off camera.

I actually think this is a good season and a good cast as far as this franchise goes. Not that anyone besides maybe Shannon is truly likeable...Meghan is okay for me this season but I still remember her crazy investigator thing from last season and that is still off putting.

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Sai said:

(I still think Vicki may have something on Shannon.  Shannon changed her tune too quickly for me.  Sssshhhhh.)  :) 

Shannon didn't know that Vicki was threatening to out some deep dark secret/lie though, Vicki only said it to Kelly and in her TH segment, not to Shannon. When Vicki did try to use the "You lie as well" punch, Shannon called her on her bluff and asked Vicki to give her just 1 lie she, Shannon, has ever told her and Vicki had nothing.......nothing! LOL IMO, Shannon was "nice" to Vicki to shut Tamra and Heather (and maybe production as well) up and nothing more, she was tired of their lectures about moving on. LOL

• Love 18
23 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

For anyone late to the party, here's Vicki's "commercial."  Also, sadly, the GoFundMe donations are stuck on $143, 14 days into the campaign (click on Donate NOW).

http://killallcancer.com

Oh my God.  The site is worse than ever.  The "charity" page, which the video makes me think are the links to actual charities is the place to "donate" to get a bracelet - limit of 2 per household.  What the frack?!?

She admits in the webpage that they don't have not-for-profit tax status, but she is seeking funds (the donate button on the page).  The donate button takes you to the Go Fund Me page.

The about us page is incoherent but says the funds go to a not-for-profit separate foundation (to be created?), or at some points the website says the funds are directly channeled to certain approved not-for-profits and #killallcancer doesn't touch the money (currently only, you guessed it, City of Hope).

best of all, the inspirations button, which used to have filler ("here is where you can say X") now has actual stuff, but there must be an embedded link, which has Twitter comments calling the Vicki and the site frauds!!!

The page as now written doesn't explain what happens with the money raised from bracelet sales - can't go to charity if the site doesn't touch the donations, but the go fund me page says they are raising money through bracelet sales.

serious fail.  I am thinking of reporting her to the CA Attorney General, she is claiming to be a charity though she admits she doesn't have IRS not-for-profit status. Heck, at least the mostly useless trump foundation has given a few bucks away!

• Love 9

I think David is still having an affair as well. The "mistress" seems like a family friend that is over at his mom's house a lot. I think the family dinners weren't about David bringing his mistress, but more about her being there anyway and it allowed it to turn into an affair. He probably liked his wife with kids, and his wife with his family. Hahah. oh dear.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I am speaking only from the prospective of the show not the world of cancer and how it effects patients and their families.  During the period of the show one of the storylines was the new RH, married well-known to a Major League baseball player, moving from St. Louis to OC to be near his 42 year old ex-wife and daughter while she battled cancer.  Of all the stories of the RH, it was really heartbreaking to see this woman and hear of her battle and ultimately her death from colon cancer.  It was very real and it is so very sad.  When they were on the trip to Tahiti, Vicki seemed to be picking at Meghan as to the reason she moved to OC, it did not sink in LeeAnn was really, really sick and like it or not Meghan's step-mother role was going to be expanding. 

Initially I think Brooks thought he might be bulletproof and out of the target range of others if he had cancer.  Brooks can't help himself, he took it upon himself to go visit the ladies and talk of alternative treatments for what he claimed was a very serious diagnosis of non Hodgkins lymphoma.  So in the world of Real Housewives, it just seemed that Vicki was far more concerned about protecting Brooks and his imaginary condition than really trying to understand what Meghan was going through with her family who were really faced with a terminal cancer diagnosis.

So to me it was wrong for Meghan to go after medical records and investigate Brooks, slime or not, he was entitled to medical privacy of his non-existent medical records, but far more egregious was Vicki puffing up and vouching for Brooks cancer and claims of seeing records and going to treatments.   Were there victims, only in the sense that for all those who have lived through a cancer patient's journey lost, if invested in Brooks' journey, compassion once his fraud was revealed. Vicki complicated  the fraud by exclaiming to be devastated about Brooks dumping her and she was all alone. 

had Vicki sat down with the others once she and brooks were kaput and said, "there were signs Brooks was being untruthful and I refused to look at them, I got caught up in filming, my mother's death and just wasn't ready to have another turd dropped in the punchbowl that is my life," I believe there might have been some forgiveness.  The bottom line with Vicki is she insulted all her cast mates and spouses intelligence with the fake cancer bit and her total lack of contrition. Now to pop back six months later and do some dubious Kill All Cancer gives me the impression she is the most unaware woman in the world that stumping for a cancer insurance scheme is just unconscionable.  Nobody is in favor of cancer, and be it selling hats with FUCK CANCER emblazoned on them or trying to sell one's insurance services and dandy little bracelets is pretty insulting.  Vicki keeps digging a bigger hole for herself, put down the shovel and walk away. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Mrs peel said:

Oh my God.  The site is worse than ever.  The "charity" page, which the video makes me think are the links to actual charities is the place to "donate" to get a bracelet - limit of 2 per household.  What the frack?!?

Just a BTW regarding the bracelets you can purchase (I didn't bother to click to see what they cost). THey're the really cheap kind with writing printed on them. A real cancer charity I was involved with got that kind at first and replaced them with the kind in which have their message engraved in them and which last much longer.

Just saying.

• Love 3

The purpose of #killALLCancer is to reinvent the way charities are run while building an International Cancer Killer.

Uh, what?  So everything you donate to Vicki's website, she will in turn take that and donate it to City of Hope?  But will uses your name, shipping info and email as an insurance lead?  This is the game changer?  Do I understand this correctly?

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I am speaking only from the prospective of the show not the world of cancer and how it effects patients and their families.  During the period of the show one of the storylines was the new RH, married well-known to a Major League baseball player, moving from St. Louis to OC to be near his 42 year old ex-wife and daughter while she battled cancer.  Of all the stories of the RH, it was really heartbreaking to see this woman and hear of her battle and ultimately her death from colon cancer.  It was very real and it is so very sad.  When they were on the trip to Tahiti, Vicki seemed to be picking at Meghan as to the reason she moved to OC, it did not sink in LeeAnn was really, really sick and like it or not Meghan's step-mother role was going to be expanding. 

Initially I think Brooks thought he might be bulletproof and out of the target range of others if he had cancer.  Brooks can't help himself, he took it upon himself to go visit the ladies and talk of alternative treatments for what he claimed was a very serious diagnosis of non Hodgkins lymphoma.  So in the world of Real Housewives, it just seemed that Vicki was far more concerned about protecting Brooks and his imaginary condition than really trying to understand what Meghan was going through with her family who were really faced with a terminal cancer diagnosis.

So to me it was wrong for Meghan to go after medical records and investigate Brooks, slime or not, he was entitled to medical privacy of his non-existent medical records, but far more egregious was Vicki puffing up and vouching for Brooks cancer and claims of seeing records and going to treatments.   Were there victims, only in the sense that for all those who have lived through a cancer patient's journey lost, if invested in Brooks' journey, compassion once his fraud was revealed. Vicki complicated  the fraud by exclaiming to be devastated about Brooks dumping her and she was all alone. 

had Vicki sat down with the others once she and brooks were kaput and said, "there were signs Brooks was being untruthful and I refused to look at them, I got caught up in filming, my mother's death and just wasn't ready to have another turd dropped in the punchbowl that is my life," I believe there might have been some forgiveness.  The bottom line with Vicki is she insulted all her cast mates and spouses intelligence with the fake cancer bit and her total lack of contrition. Now to pop back six months later and do some dubious Kill All Cancer gives me the impression she is the most unaware woman in the world that stumping for a cancer insurance scheme is just unconscionable.  Nobody is in favor of cancer, and be it selling hats with FUCK CANCER emblazoned on them or trying to sell one's insurance services and dandy little bracelets is pretty insulting.  Vicki keeps digging a bigger hole for herself, put down the shovel and walk away. 

Oh girl I can't even begin to pretend what legitimately going through the experience must be like.  Neither can V-guv so I know she brought the whole shitstorm down on herself.   No excuses.  I just thought they went hard and way long if intelligence-insulting was as bad as it got.    I mean I don't know maybe I'm projecting.  If you lie to my face, I call you a liar then and I know I can't really fuck with you on a real level (like believing you when you really are hurt) and that's the end of it.   Do I wanna spend my weekends and tv airtime using pushpins in a doll made in your likeness?  That's too much of a commitment.  Lol. 

As for Meghan and LeAnn, personally I think she was way too in her feelings about her involvement, given the relationship they had.   They weren't best friends, she was Team Too Much and it was almost as though she was robbing LeAnn of the right to live/publish/direct/tell/feel her own story because she was so busy doing all that for her.   But don't hesitate to correct me, like sai I was catching up on my correspondence through most of last season.   

What was boring big boob girl's name?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, beaker73 said:

No kidding. And beyond that fact that Vicki got Shannon all wrapped up in that scam, she told her stupid brother and his girlfriend about the affair before it was public. IMO, she TOLD Billy to bring that up and the final party, to embarrass Shannon. I think Vicki can be a decent friend, as long as you're kissing her ass. Shannon was a good friend, period. And Vicki took her for granted. 

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Oh girl I can't even begin to pretend what legitimately going through the experience must be like.  Neither can V-guv so I know she brought the whole shitstorm down on herself.   No excuses.  I just thought they went hard and way long if intelligence-insulting was as bad as it got.    I mean I don't know maybe I'm projecting.  If you lie to my face, I call you a liar then and I know I can't really fuck with you on a real level (like believing you when you really are hurt) and that's the end of it.   Do I wanna spend my weekends and tv airtime using pushpins in a doll made in your likeness?  That's too much of a commitment.  Lol. 

As for Meghan and LeAnn, personally I think she was way too in her feelings about her involvement, given the relationship they had.   They weren't best friends, she was Team Too Much and it was almost as though she was robbing LeAnn of the right to live/publish/direct/tell/feel her own story because she was so busy doing all that for her.   But don't hesitate to correct me, like sai I was catching up on my correspondence through most of last season.   

Lizzie?  Or Alexis? Or Peggy Tanous? Or Quinn?  Lauri? 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Thank Gawd the show is going to Ireland next week because it has been a bit of a drag!

Not gonna lie I found last season's cancergate utterly engrossing.  I was one of the  ones contributing to the 23 page theses last season.  I think the only times I have tapped out on boards was during Ghostwriter crap on NY and Kim Richards/Brandi and Yolanda shit on BH.  BH boards - now those be some theses. 

On 10/3/2016 at 11:00 PM, nexxie said:

It does seem as if Kelly came on the show to get divorced, but she consistently looks at least as bad as her husband. 

Most definitely. It is also like she is looking for permission to divorce. She seems to be always waiting for one of the ladies to say how awful and terrible Michael's behavior sounds and that he is borderline abusive and no one ever does.  They just stand there confused and gape mouthed. Vicki is giving her the worst advice ever - make it work, stay married - but I kinda love it because it is just so obvious that Kelly wants Vicki to tell her the exact opposite! LOL!  

I imagine Kelly and Michael at home are like that awesome MAD tv drunk sketch starring Jim Carey - "Pork and Beans"

The earrings that Michael was 'admiring' on Heather's assistant were indeed gorgeous. Very art deco.

On 10/4/2016 at 11:56 AM, ElDosEquis said:

Pleather had to have an ice sculpture that was ruined by the two idiots encased inside - put together by someone else because she was so busy with her life - like what the fuck does a guinea pig have to do all day?????

Picking out ice cubes and delegating every aspect of your life to hired help (from those who pick out your clothes to those who raise your chirren) is very, very hard work.  All that and she has to fit in botox and mani/pedis.  Poor thing. 

On 10/4/2016 at 3:00 PM, WireWrap said:

Did you notice that Vicki said that "every cent raised will go to help raise awareness", not that every cent would go to fund research!

Why do I think that it is to help raise awareness on insurance available to cancer patients? The money from which will go towards Maserati payments and ill-fitting clothing. Too bad it won't go toward fitted bras. Speaking of boobs: Kelly's boobs looked enormous to me this episode. Were they always that huge? Tamra's looked horrific at the candle store opening. She looked Like she just came through a 90's time worm hole straight from the reject pile of White Snake video chicks. 

On 10/3/2016 at 11:47 PM, The Solution said:

Remind me. Why did Shannon have to sell her house and all their furniture? Are they broke?

The official reason from the horse's mouth is that the house is too bad and they want something smaller and more manageable. I don't have trouble believing that but it does seem ridiculous to build a house from the ground up with a ton of custom features only to resell a mere 5 years later, but if they sold at a profit - WTH not? I don't think the Beadors have money troubles. 

That rental is ugly and outdated.  I am NOT a fan of terracotta tiles. AT ALL.  The views are great but ugh! I believe someone mentioned that it was on the market for upwards of $20m for what amounts to be either a tear down or a complete gut remodel.  

On 10/4/2016 at 2:25 AM, Muffyn said:

Lately Vicki had not been looking so seriously terrible in her clothes.  Tonight, she’s back to her old hideous standards.  WTF was she wearing at the candle party?  Big pink straps sticking out of bedazzled grommets?  Where do you find something like that?  And then at Heather’s book party she’s got the girls ready to come out and play (oops, I threw up in my mouth a little).  And her new beau looks at her and thinks she looks good?  Perhaps he retired from the force because he lost his vision and hearing.  Otherwise I cannot imagine how he spends time with the Vickster.  

I'm beginning to sense a pattern with her.  Vicki dressed so much better earlier in the season. There was a black and gold dress she wore in the scene where Troy looked her out of her own car that was seriously divine on her and the best she has ever looked. However, it appears that once the Vickster gets a true regular boyfriend her style seems to really go down the toilet. She starts wearing a lot of white (which isn't her color) clingy revealing clothing and tries too hard to be sexy and hot and just no!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Not even a little bit.

I must have been watching these RH shows too long because I can totally see Vicki making that up. Then a huge federal case being made of the fake affair, followed by an even bigger case made of Vicki lying about it.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Unfortunately, Vicki and/or brooks brought up "his" cancer every chance they got on camera, so it wasn't as if the others could just ignore her/them/the cancer. Vicki insisted on them giving her sympathy/casseroles every chance she could. Vicki kept spinning story after story, most of which conflicted with her prior story, which caused the confusion for all of them and for Meghan to dig for answers.

I do think Meghan and Leann were, or at the very least got, close because of Haley. Which in turn made Meghan angry about all the lies everyone was catching Vicki/Brooks in about his "cancer".

The boobie HW was/is Lizzie.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

I must have been watching these RH shows too long because I can totally see Vicki making that up. The a huge federal case being made of the fake affair, followed by an even bigger case made of Vicki lying about it.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood I thought you meant that was the "secret," oh I totally think that Vicki is capable of making up a lie like that. She's like Guiliani and thinks everyone has infedilities but I think when it's revealed whatever this "secret" is will be like the thing with the mistress where there will be some basis in truth (the sister and mistress were friendly) that Vicki changes into David's mom had her over for multiple family dinners. 

I still love that Vicki has changed the argument from saying Shannon lies to just saying that Shannon has a secret. Secrets and lies are too different things, Vicki! Maybe that is her confusion with the Brooks cancer thing it wasn't a lie it was just a secret that Brooks didn't have cancer!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I still love that Vicki has changed the argument from saying Shannon lies to just saying that Shannon has a secret. Secrets and lies are too different things, Vicki! Maybe that is her confusion with the Brooks cancer thing it wasn't a lie it was just a secret that Brooks didn't have cancer!

Hahaha, I think she really is confused. In her opinion, if Shannon doesn't tell the whole world her business, she's lying. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Sai said:

You and I are opposite sides of the Shannon/Vicki fence on this but I'm glad we can reach between the "fence posts" and share some PTV. :-)

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Sai said:

I am not going to slam you!  Everyone sees something different.  But Vicki is a good friend to no one.  

I get Shannon's anger.  It is one thing to be lied to and really the liar looks like an asshole.  But the second you bring someone else into your lie its another story especially when said person perpetuates the lie unknowingly.  Shannon got Brooks appts with the best doctors, was actually there for Vicki and tried to help but found out that Brooks was lying about the details/doctors appts/chemo and Vicki was lying right along with him (she went with him to chemo, she made him this awesome binder, she called Terry to get an IV going after the 1st chemo appt).  She may not have known from the get go it was all a lie but she DID lie about details as she admitted in the reunion because she wanted sympathy/casserole.  I tried to think about what my reaction would be and it is pretty much the same as Shannon's; cut that cancer known as Vicki out of my life.  Don't make ME part of your shifty ass story because then its on.  Vicki didn't apologize for the one thing that some are still pissed off about.  Lying to get sympathy and then treating the others like crap when they had questions.  I don't call it a grudge I call it cutting the lying sack of shit out of my life. 

The others aren't as mad/able to move on because they didn't THINK they were as close to V as Shannon and didn't put their names on the line to get  him appts with specialists.

Such a good friend to threaten Shannon.  All Shannon did was cut V out and now V has to go for blood.  I for one actually don't want to know what it might be.  It is crystal clear Vicki is a vindictive piece of festering shit.

• Love 17
On 10/4/2016 at 6:28 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

Heather's "the candle smells were choking me" was bullshit. She didn't want to be there, she wants nothing to do with Megan. Megan committed a cardinal (No pun intended!) sin- she didn't bow down to Queen Heather and now she's going to pay. "Choking"- whatever. She's really a horrible actress.

I am not sure it was.  I am very sensitive to smells and scented candles have this affect on me.  As well as perfume sections of dept stores.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

It was never a secret that Brooks didn't have cancer. Even dead people and bullshit psychics knew he didn't have cancer. I'm sure the staff at City if Hope knew he didn't have cancer. They just thought of him as the weirdo who instead of doing his daily walk at the mall would cruise through the City of Hope campus for 4 hours making it a twofer in his scam. If he ran into someone he knew, he could always say he was there for treatment. The exhausting walks would help him lose weight (oh cancer so tough) and he'd be exhausted and fatigued when people saw him and would think it's because of his cancer and treatment. Actually I know that Brooks and Vicki would never do all that because Vicki's a moron and Brooks is lazy.

Shannon really has never been shown to be a liar and if it is a secret of hers, what business does Vicki have in telling anyone. I don't think Vicki has any clue how contemptible spilling Shannon's secrets is. Plus I feel like we've seen the worst of Shannon's behavior when she gets angry and high strung, or her maybe conspiring to embarrass Kelly, or sharing waaaaaaay too many details of her marriage with her children. What exactly does Vicki think she can say about Shannon that is going to blow my mind and not make Vicki look like an abject asshole? We already know about David's arrest for domestic violence and I think Shannon admitted to calling the affair and her husband. Even if Vicki provides additional details on whatever Vicki knows, it would have to be pretty egregious for me to suddenly look at Shannon like she's a monster.

• Love 5

@zoeysmom - those time stamps though?  Girl, I'm scared of you.  Lol! Says ZaldamoWilder

Got that Right!  If I were to open a PI firm Zoeysmom would be my pick for a partner!

5 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

She admits in the webpage that they don't have not-for-profit tax status, but she is seeking funds (the donate button on the page).  The donate button takes you to the Go Fund Me page.

The about us page is incoherent but says the funds go to a not-for-profit separate foundation (to be created?), or at some points the website says the funds are directly channeled to certain approved not-for-profits and #killallcancer doesn't touch the money (currently only, you guessed it, City of Hope).

best of all, the inspirations button, which used to have filler ("here is where you can say X") now has actual stuff, but there must be an embedded link, which has Twitter comments calling the Vicki and the site frauds!!!

The page as now written doesn't explain what happens with the money raised from bracelet sales - can't go to charity if the site doesn't touch the donations, but the go fund me page says they are raising money through bracelet sales.

serious fail.  I am thinking of reporting her to the CA Attorney General, she is claiming to be a charity though she admits she doesn't have IRS not-for-profit status. Heck, at least the mostly useless trump foundation has given a few bucks away!

I double dog dare ya!  I would be a HUGE fan!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Sage47 said:

David gives me a bad feeling. I was very happy for them when he planned that beautiful vow renewal and thought, maybe he does feel deep remorse for hurting Shannon and really wants to start over. I was cheering them on.

But then last episode he seemed a bit *too* chipper and up with Shannon, out at dinner. Something rang false to me-that he is trying SO hard to show the audience (and her) that he is a nice guy. Then when they were at the mattress store and she was blathering on about the organic mattresses...I could see that same "try hard to look interested/loving" façade and I had a sinking feeling in my gut. I truly HOPE I am wrong but I felt squicky wondering if he is still seeing his "affair". Something about him and them in general feels....off. Maybe it is just me.

David seems too smooth somehow. I really, really like Shannon. She is the most real and has a sweet, vulnerable side. But I must say, she needs to lose the grandma mannerisms/personality. The way she talked about those mattresses....she always sounds about 75 in the way she thinks and dresses, and being so uptight. Loosen up Shannon!

I am gonna side with David in this post.

Imagine living with a fucking loon - harmless, but still - always prattling along about fung shui, crystals, acupuncture, hospital grade air, water and colonics.

Imagine the task of looking up your SOs asshole looking for lost funnels and imagine YOUR HORROR when there is nothing there?

You'd think people would know they have something shoved up their rectum?

Hypoallergenic bedding, mattresses and blankets? After a few months of that I'd be out......way fucking out.

I can handle a little neurosis, but I don't live having to pass thru an airlock, sprayed with disinfectant and walking around in disposable paper clothes.

Now, Davey made the choice, so he had no one to blame but him self. I think that it's a chickenshit move to bang around on your wife, GTFO and be done with it.

The other thing that irritates the fuck out of me is those two chopping wood in front of the kids.

There are splinters and woodchips flying and the possibility that someone is going to get cut.......badly.

Not a good look for the parental units.

ETA?

IF Davey spent his time doing guy shit - drinking, sports, cars - and he was neglecting his family? He'd be an asshole.

He comes off as that dog that is afraid that every time his master walks by, he is going to get kicked. When you feel loved at home, there is no need to cower when the boss walks by?

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 5

Im intrigued to see if shannom really did confide in vicki about somethimg or not.  I do wonder what could shannon deem too personal to reveal?  This is a woman that admitted to pladtic surgery even providing before pics, to showing her mid section tonthe world, airing an affair and the aftetmath, an enema, talking about her husbands wet dreams, etc.  Shes the most hinest housewife ever that i can recall....i think she was hired cause of that fact as a direct opposite of shady Gretchen.

Vicki needs to be careful...her inability to admit fault or remorse could land her a pink slip...it happened to gretchen 

• Love 4