Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Cut The Cancer Out

• Start Topic

Teresa handled that non-lunch as an emotionally mature adult. It was a pleasant change of pace to see those four come to an understanding without name-calling, threats, screeching or pounding tables. Maybe they're just all tired of that particular script.

Edited by archer1267
Typo
  • Love 20

More things not said:

Kathy: “It’s just us to talk about stuff”

Not said:  With the cameras rolling so Rosie and I get paid.  Please, people watching, tell Andy Cohen that you want to see more of me and Rosie.  Make me a housewife again!!!

I’m not sure you can be an embarrassment to your parents for not being close to your cousins if your parents aren’t speaking to each other.  In normal life, many people have relatives that they can be cordial to but are not close with.  Seems like that could work here if the desperation wasn’t palpable. 

• Love 15

I think Rosie was really close to Juicy & she's worried about being completely cut out once Juicy goes to camp.  But Kathie is all about the camera time to pay for her house IMO.  And I don't blame Teresa when it comes to Richie.  I'm over him & his nastiness and I'm just watching it on tv.  There's just something about him that I find slimy & asshole-ish. 

• Love 23

I couldn't pay attention to what they were talking about at the lunch. I was too distracted by the two men, each posed alone at separate tables, just sitting there doing nothing. It was fascinating. I suppose the restaurant owner didn't want empty tables in the background, so he asked two randoms to fill in. At the very least, he could have put the two randoms together and paid them a little more to fake it better. But the fact that these men just sat there, doing nothing by themselves in a restaurant, was one of the weirdest, fakest things I've ever seen on a show that is known for being truly fake. 

That's all I got from this boring episode.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

What Teresa could not say, because she could not break the 4th wall, is Kathy and Richie only want contact with Teresa when the cameras are rolling.  

She explicitly stated that she felt they want a relationship with her because she is back in the public eye.

As a sporadic viewer these past few months, that statement alone made me want to check out the beginning of this season to see if going to camp really positively affected Tre like that honest to god truth suggested. The old Tre would never ....she'd shriek and confuse the audience as to why she's shrieking. Now she's acting and using words like she gives no fucks. Like someone who have had a come to Jesus moment.

Her mending of fences completely with the Gorgas suggests the same thing

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
politely is not the same as positively
  • Love 22
7 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

What Teresa could not say, because she could not break the 4th wall, is Kathy and Richie only want contact with Teresa when the cameras are rolling.  They are using Teresa to extend their 15 minutes of fame and to make $ to support their new McMansion.  Teresa does not have the time or energy to deal with these two users.  At this point they are almost stalking her into having a relationship with them.  They know that without Teresa their days on this show are numbered.  Kathy and Richie are desperate and Teresa is more patient with these leaches than I would be.

This.  I still maintain there is more to the issues with the Wakiles than we know.  It's more than throwing out her cookbook and I think she finally said it was Richie to put an end to the conversation. And Kathy, Richie is not "sarcastic" - he's a pig.  Rosie is no prize either, again going overboard ranting about how everything gets dumped on Saint Kathy.  Well, Kathy gave as good as she got. She is no innocent in this.   The Wakiles are reaping what they sowed, and Teresa nailed it when she said that they only wanted to be in her life because she was back in the public eye (the show).  I hope we are done with them.  

I liked how Joe Gorga supported his sister.  Their relationship, when it's on track, is nice to see.   And the fact that he seemed to understand where she was coming from, and did not try to convince her to mend fences, just to tell them where the relationship stood, also leads me to think there is more to the story.

On a related note, this is from Andy's book: (bold mine)

"I saw Kathy and Richard Wakile tonight at the show and Rich kept making jokes about me throwing them away in the trash, because Kathy isn’t going to be a ‘full’ Housewife this season. I explained to Kathy that I couldn’t put her in the show opening because it would cause big problems with other Housewives. Everybody wants to be in the show open.”

http://www.allabouttrh.com/2014/11/22/andy-cohen-reveals-richard-wakile-wouldnt-get-kathy-wasnt-asked-back-full-time-housewife/

I think my favorite scene though was Teresa and Joe in the gym - when he said he would go with her to the lunch, then she said "You'll be there?" and he said something like "Oh, I have to go?".  LOL.

• Love 23
7 hours ago, nexxie said:

imo Kathy and Rosie are far more empathetic and kind than Tre ever was or will be - they're better off without her.

On a personal level you're probably right, but its not really Teresa they want, its the show. And for better or for worse, the show right now is the Real Housewives of Teresa Guidice.

• Love 14

I’m not sure you can be an embarrassment to your parents for not being close to your cousins if your parents aren’t speaking to each other. 

She's not an embarrassment to her parents at all for the way she is dealing with the Pierris, in fact she is acting exactly the way her father would want.  This is the other thing that goes unspoken on camera - how much this is about the parents and their problems with each other.  Her father probably encourages her to be this way, 100% certain he is like "They can go to hell" re: his nieces, so Teresa is going to go along and fight her parents battle.

• Love 2

imo Kathy and Rosie are far more empathetic and kind than Tre ever was or will be - they're better off without her.

I agree that they're ALL better off without each other. You can't force relationships and it's been season after season of fighting. I do agree with HappyKitteh that I think Rosie was genuine in wanting a relationship, regardless of the cameras, whereas Kathy had more of an ulterior motive.

I was estranged from one of my sisters and I heard through relatives that her husband needed bypass surgery. I wavered on whether to reach out to her. On the one hand, she hurt me a great deal and had never apologized (still hasn't! lol), but I also put myself in her shoes and knew that I'd be beside myself if Mr. Archer needed heart surgery. So, I reached out to her. It was awkward to speak again, but she appreciated the gesture, and it went a long way towards us having - if not a genuine friendship again - a cordial relationship where we're at least on speaking terms.

I get that in the Gorga family, making the first overture is something you wait for "the other person" to do (and so, it never happens). But if Kathy had sent Tre a card, I'm sure she would have appreciated hearing from family at a time when she was alone and vulnerable. Kathy's put plenty of time and energy into showing up at random events with a tray of her cannoli, swathed in cellophane and a big blue bow - I'm sure she could have likewise spent a few minutes on a card. I don't blame Teresa at all for her response.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 18

I couldn't pay attention to what they were talking about at the lunch. I was too distracted by the two men, each posed alone at separate tables, just sitting there doing nothing. It was fascinating. I suppose the restaurant owner didn't want empty tables in the background, so he asked two randoms to fill in. At the very least, he could have put the two randoms together and paid them a little more to fake it better. But the fact that these men just sat there, doing nothing by themselves in a restaurant, was one of the weirdest, fakest things I've ever seen on a show that is known for being truly fake. 

That restaurant-bar is huge (it's the place with the "speakeasy" shown the first (?) episode this season); I feel like unless they actually filmed there on a night when it is actually full, it's always going to look empty and cavernous. I had to go in through the employee entrance on the bottom floor once and, I swear, I felt like I'd walked half a mile through a bunch of "behind-the-scenes" hallways--like in Goodfellas, haha!) before getting to the top-level terrace! (Also, we got stuck in the speakeasy--that stupid secret door would not open when we touched the book or the sconce or whatever the hell it was, and we had to use the boring old button.)

The best part for me was when Rosie, probably thinking she had a real zinger, said, "I'm not going to beg," and Teresa simply said "good" or whatever. And yet again, it's them badmouthing her but then insisting they want to hang out with her more, then acting surprised and shocked that she isn't into it...when she already said she wasn't into it. It's like they push her into saying shit they don't want to hear, and then gasp in horror that she does. Surprisingly, Joe Gorga's breakup analogy made sense in this situation.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 17

Who has to be the one to hit those idiot Walkies over the head and say "She's done with you! She doesn't want you in her life! Go away!" Because They ARE>NOT>GETTING>IT> Never even sent a Hi how are you card the entire time she was away, fought with her at the Reunion, and rosie physically threatened her. NOW she's home and they can get some TV time they want to be buddy buddy. GTFO. 

I'm loving the new calmer, saner Tre. She's really changed and for the better. Shes made up with those her matter-Melissa and Jo. And cut out the ones who upset her. I did the same thing. I fought for my Mom and Dad to the extent 1/2 the family doesn't speak to me. I don't care! All they did was stick there noses where it didn't belong and upset Mom and Dad. GO AWAY....

• Love 15

Wow who would ever think that JoGo and Tre would be the calm rational ones? I'm shocked actually. Not that she's perfect at all but now she's acting like an adult. And I have never liked Richie or his wife, Rosie was just a poster child for acting out but had her amusing moments. I just wonder if we will be left with Siggi and her annoying, for free family therapy 24 hours a day.

• Love 14

The poster above who described this show as The Real Housewives of Teresa Giudice nailed it. And I'm wavering on whether I continue with it. RHONYC has a similar dynamic going on with the Bethmonster. These women now seem to be calling all the shots. The NJ cast all seem to be quivering in terror at saying or doing anything that could be construed as offensive by Teresa. And Teresa is a lackwit so it isn't hard. Further, Tre is suffering from delusions of reality tv grandeur. I really don't buy that learning some yoga moves means that you've evolved as a spiritual human being. I do have sympathy for Tre's upbringing, I'll never forget her husband referring to her as 'my c*** of a wife'. But the show is suffering with the rest of the cast tippy toeing around this psychopath. She's only tolerating Jac because the Lauritas are in financial trouble and won't be building a bigger shinier and tackier mansion anytime soon. And Jac is also becoming a deeply unpleasant and ugly woman. But she seems to understand her place with respect to Tre: be submissive at all times. Ditto for poor Melissa. That scene where they are walking together: Melissa enquires about how Juicy is coping and Tre blows her off with the usual bs. Teresa is the least 'real' howive in the franchise in that she gets away with revealing nothing authentic about herself, very little truth and she will NOT be challenged by anyone. It's pointless bringing in new cast members here, because they are suffocated immediately by the Tre Gorgon. What is the point of Siggy and Dolores atm? Tre has too much power. At least Lu and Dorinda challenge Bethenny. No one on NJ dares stand up to Teresa and her crap. Jac tried it, but she knows where her bread is buttered and has fallen into line a la Carole and Bethenny. And we all know how boring Carole has become. She's redundant on RHONYC and I'd bet won't be asked back. What happened to the Teresa of Seasons 1 and 2?

And I have zero interest in frkn Ashley and Pete. Right up there in the Brianna category of don't appear on my screen again, ever. 

I'd love to see more Rosie. She feels genuine. Kathy just reads as desperately hungry. These people have been raised by monsters and their job in this life is to rise above all this hateful grudge holding that they seem to cling to as part of their heritage alongside home brewed Grappa and meatballs. No. I don't think Teresa learned anything meaningful in prison. She's come out more deluded and guarded and nasty than ever before. Andy should just put her and the Bethmonster in a ring and cast some new women for this franchise. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, VioletMarx said:

On a personal level you're probably right, but its not really Teresa they want, its the show. And for better or for worse, the show right now is the Real Housewives of Teresa Guidice.

I know that Bravo likes to build its shows around dysfunctional drama queens like Tre, Vicki and Bethenny - but, as a viewer, I'm not interested in them except as examples of npd. These shows need a few decent human beings to make them tolerable imo - I don't care if Kathy wants the show to pay for her big house; so does Tre. 

• Love 6

I just wonder if we will be left with Siggi and her annoying, for free family therapy 24 hours a day.

I know right? Between Siggy helping Melissa smooth over her issues with Joe and now the cousins, I wonder if this is going to become the "Siggy helps everyone with their troubled relationships!" show. I hope not.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Who has to be the one to hit those idiot Walkies over the head and say "She's done with you! She doesn't want you in her life! Go away!" Because They ARE>NOT>GETTING>IT> Never even sent a Hi how are you card the entire time she was away, fought with her at the Reunion, and rosie physically threatened her. NOW she's home and they can get some TV time they want to be buddy buddy. GTFO.

That's why I wish Tre wouldn't have said, at the end, "If you ever need anything, the door is always open". NOOOO! Don't say that! Now they think there's hope!!! It's like a break-up with a clingy partner. You have to mean, sometimes. You just have to. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

I know that Bravo likes to build its shows around dysfunctional drama queens like Tre, Vicki and Bethenny - but, as a viewer, I'm not interested in them except as examples of npd. These shows need a few decent human beings to make them tolerable imo - I don't care if Kathy wants the show to pay for her big house; so does Tre. 

I get frustrated when the producers cede power to one RH.  Kathy and Rosie were just fine in the Gorgas life when Teresa wanted nothing to do with them.  Low blow with Teresa saying, "cut the cancer out of my life", you just really should not say that about anyone, let alone to them.

Joe Gorga was way off base when he said that Richie was commenting on Tre's marriage when he expressed his love of 25 years of Kathy.  Every comment is really not all about Teresa.

I was a little sickened by Teresa thinking it was okay for Joe to drink alcoholically while awaiting incarceration.  No it really isn't okay for the kids to be around a drunk Joe.  He was suppose to be getting help.  Further evidence she is a very clueless individual. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, archer1267 said:

Teresa handled that non-lunch as an emotionally mature adult. It was a pleasant change of pace to see those four come to an understanding without name-calling, threats, screeching or pounding tables. Maybe they're just all tired of that particular script.

i was coming here to post the same thing.  She seemed very zen.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

That's why I wish Tre wouldn't have said, at the end, "If you ever need anything, the door is always open". NOOOO! Don't say that! Now they think there's hope!!! It's like a break-up with a clingy partner. You have to mean, sometimes. You just have to. 

This.  I couldn't stop giggling when in the TH that followed she said:   I told them my door is always opened, but....they know what I mean.   Yes babe, you mean if you ever need anything I'm here for you.   So essentially you negated everything you just said so eloquently about wanting them to kick rocks.  Don't be mad when they test out your open-door policy.

18 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I get frustrated when the producers cede power to one RH.  Kathy and Rosie were just fine in the Gorgas life when Teresa wanted nothing to do with them.  Low blow with Teresa saying, "cut the cancer out of my life", you just really should not say that about anyone, let alone to them.

Joe Gorga was way off base when he said that Richie was commenting on Tre's marriage when he expressed his love of 25 years of Kathy.  Every comment is really all about Teresa.

I was a little sickened by Teresa thinking it was okay for Joe to drink alcoholically while awaiting incarceration.  No it really isn't okay for the kids to be around a drunk Joe.  He was suppose to be getting help.  Further evidence she is a very clueless individual. 

I actually agreed with Joe.   Because just before Richie grabbed his wife's chin, he goes:  wanna know what's bothering Teresa? this right here (then the kiss).   I thought JoGo nailed it with his assessment.   Why would the fact that you love your wife bother me?  Because yeah, you're implying that my husband doesn't love his.   I was glad Joe blew up and told him about himself on the spot.  No, shitty comments like that is the reason she don't wanna rock with ya'll.   Your daughter is sick and you've got a gang of other stuff in your life to worry about but you're sitting in your kitchen thinking up bitchassery to be a part of?  Stay out of women's bidness Richie.

There seems to be a general family rule that no matter how you feel about it and how it's discussed privately, in public at least, you stand guard with your people.   The Wakilies didn't ever get the memo.   I get it now, I didn't before.   At the reunion, Tre started talking shit when they started talking shit.   They have apologized, she has not.   And she will not, this is the part I don't agree with, she was wrong too.   Yeah they'll always be blood, but that doesn't obligate interaction and they just need to understand that.  

• Love 22

I'm not a huge Tre fan, but I have no problem with her cutting her cousins out of her life.   Tre appears pretty fragile and I'm really happy to see that her brother and his wife seem to get that and want to be there for her. The woman fucked up royally, but she did her time & is about to lose her husband.   The fact that her cousins wanted to "resolve" things in the midst of all that was going on more or less proves they were only interested in reconciling when Tre was back in the public eye.  

• Love 20

The Wakiles are no doubt thirsty, and it's certainly Teresa's prerogative to not associate with them. However, her reasoning for not wanting to do so is just fucking lame. First of all, what Mrs. P said in the flashback clip was just common sense, and not offensive (and how convenient that the part where Mrs. P shuts down her own brood for talking negatively about Teresa is never shown). And secondly, Teresa was every bit and more a nasty hosebeast to the Pierris/Wakiles at that reunion than they were to her. Teresa's crying when she and Joey left the restaurant was weaksauce.

I really don't buy that learning some yoga moves means that you've evolved as a spiritual human being.

Nor qualified to actually teach yoga.

LOL at Chris' TH.

• Love 6

Or Teresa really dislikes Richie and has said making the vomiting noise how she feels about him.   Teresa has attacked their marriage, I don't think Teresa respects others' attraction to their mates.  She has made several comments over the years about Caroline and Al, Melissa and Joey. So I guess it is left open to interpretation. 

For as marriage oriented as Teresa is I think she has a hard time when others, like her brother and Richie provide and surprise their wives with gifts and I do believe Teresa would like the same from Joe.  I don't think he has the gene.  Just like Chris will probably never really launch on another RH looks the way Joe Giudice does, I think Giudice's ego has been crushed with his wife being the provider.  I admire Teresa for not publicly rubbing his nose in it, but I do think it hurts when a creaton like Richie is able to provide for his family.   

I may be mired in post RHNY distress, but this is a show not owned by Teresa.  Let the viewers decided if they want to see more or less of Kathy and Rosie.  It always comes off as though Teresa is not wanting her relatives to have a paycheck.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, jaync said:

The Wakiles are no doubt thirsty, and it's certainly Teresa's prerogative to not associate with them. However, her reasoning for not wanting to do so is just fucking lame. First of all, what Mrs. P said in the flashback clip was just common sense, and not offensive (and how convenient that the part where Mrs. P shuts down her own brood for talking negatively about Teresa is never shown). And secondly, Teresa was every bit and more a nasty hosebeast to the Pierris/Wakiles at that reunion than they were to her. Teresa's crying when she and Joey left the restaurant was weaksauce.

Nor qualified to actually teach yoga.

LOL at Chris' TH.

I think Teresa's concept of omertà is total silence.  Not one comment. Richie stirred the pot with the aunt by asking the question to begin with and I think that's another reason Teresa hates him too.

Chris's talking head was probably wistful too thinking "I wish that someone would take my wife too!"

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Jacqueline opens up about being on the show:  http://allthingsrh.com/jacqueline-laurita-talks-rhonj-spin-off/#more-51033

Jacqueline is correct there is nothing warranting a Laurita spin-off.

As boring as the Lauritas were last  night even with an engagement to announce "Oh Lets Call Albie" - I can't imagine what they could offer in a spin off.  I noticed she talks about how "poorly" this season was edited.  I'm guessing she doesn't come off too well during the next couple of episodes. 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I may be mired in post RHNY distress, but this is a show not owned by Teresa.  Let the viewers decided if they want to see more or less of Kathy and Rosie. 

LOL!! girl do you have PTSD like Heather?   I think they may have decided though.   Weren't there only a couple episodes in the can while Teresa was in jail?  If so, crickets and tumbleweeds, the viewers couldn'tve cared less before she came home.  Even all our talk on the boards was largely about the Juicys.   And I'm no Tree fan, but without her, 5 and 6 whole other families have no storyline.   I wonder what's gonna happen now that she's decided not to be baited. 

31 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It always comes off as though Teresa is not wanting her relatives to have a paycheck.

If so, I have no problems whatsoever with it.  I don't mind them being on the show.  But don't do it by talking shit about me, make your own cash.   I suppose the irony is the same could've been said about Tre and Joe, but forgive me lol, I'm compartmentalizing.  I hate to see family, especially family, try to capitalize on their relative's hustle.

• Love 20

Basically coming here to state what most of you have already said so eloquently. Richie is disgusting in every way. Those Wakiles lumbering around like the zombies in the "Thriller" video is beyond embarrassing. And Rosie making a feeble attempt at her old screeching and bellowing routine at the Wakile pre-meet-up quickly fell flat. They need to get off the show. You built your oversized McMansion, and you managed to get it on the show once; now move on. Like Mr. McDowell said in Coming to America, "She [and the audience] doesn't like you; can't you get that through your greasy head?

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Joe Gorga was way off base when he said that Richie was commenting on Tre's marriage when he expressed his love of 25 years of Kathy.  Every comment is really not all about Teresa.

I share your frustration! Maybe it's because I didn't watch any of the shows from the first season, but it seems ridiculous for any of these drama queens to think they own the show - 'course that me-me-me attitude got them hired, so...

• Love 2

Prison has done Tre a world of good...maybe Jacqueline could benefit from it if previews for next week r to be believed.

Im wondering Siggy's declaration that if she werent hundreds of miles away, shed walk home is coming up in the next episode or two lpl

• Love 4

I think Teresa's concept of omertà is total silence.  Not one comment.

Yes, but that shit doesn't flush once you willingly agree to be on a reality tv show while your criminal activities are mainstream fodder and your family members are co-stars on said tv show.

• Love 3

That's why I wish Tre wouldn't have said, at the end, "If you ever need anything, the door is always open". NOOOO! 

If you need anything I am here... UNLESS the thing that you need is to film with me for 10 weeks and elbow yourself onto my show.  If that is the thing you need, then nah, can't helpyuhz.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

LOL!! girl do you have PTSD like Heather?   I think they may have decided though.   Weren't there only a couple episodes in the can while Teresa was in jail?  If so, crickets and tumbleweeds, the viewers couldn'tve cared less before she came home.  Even all our talk on the boards was largely about the Juicys.   And I'm no Tree fan, but without her, 5 and 6 whole other families have no storyline.   I wonder what's gonna happen now that she's decided not to be baited. 

If so, I have no problems whatsoever with it.  I don't mind them being on the show.  But don't do it by talking shit about me, make your own cash.   I suppose the irony is the same could've been said about Tre and Joe, but forgive me lol, I'm compartmentalizing.  I hate to see family, especially family, try to capitalize on their relative's hustle.

Yes! God, yes! Especially the sneaky, shady way that Caveman and his poison-receptacle came on the show in the first place. I'm not a "Tre-hugger" either, but I don't think it's asking too much, when you have a good thing going, to expect your FAMILY to not come in, bite off of it, AND try to squeeze you out and vilify you in the process. I hope their newfound loyalty is genuine and sincere because it is lovely to watch, but I fear that, as dumb as they are, Caveman and his Taliban bride at least had enough smarts to learn that, like it or not, this is now The House that Teresa Built. YMMV.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 16
24 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

The core of the show in the beginning were centered around the three Laurita marriages .  Had Melissa and Kathy not joined the show-Teresa could have ended up on the cutting room floor.  The best thing that ever happened for Teresa was bringing her family on.

I don't think they filmed anything but background until Teresa got out.

I have to say the whole Giudices going to prison makes this no longer must see TV.  Somehow it is just not relatable and much like Skinnygirl product placement, I have no desire to see Teresa launch her various careers-especially if she is going to grind on and on about her own family members trying to cash in.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I may be mired in post RHNY distress, but this is a show not owned by Teresa.  Let the viewers decided if they want to see more or less of Kathy and Rosie.  It always comes off as though Teresa is not wanting her relatives to have a paycheck.

If Tre is a true narcissist (in the clinical sense), she really doesn't want them to have a paycheck - or any attention, or even love. That anxiety she showed in the car was probably the same anxiety she always felt when other girls (especially relatives) got anything she wanted all for herself. "All for me and none for you" is the unconscious motto of narcissists.

Even though I think viewers have learned something by watching this kind of "queen bee" in action, the formula is old - wish they'd change it up!

• Love 5