Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

But of course when we say "for a green card" we hear "ONLY" for a green card. While they have only had a script of showing us Devar being here to send money to his "real family" and Nikki being saved from falling further into the sex industry like a local stripper saved from the business by a senior citizen customer, in many other cases the story line pushed how could this beautiful foreigner actually want to be with this ugly American. And when evenly matched had extended family members of the American play racist or other bad roles for the story

• Love 3

I haven't watched the second part yet but I think Devar is a really nice person. I wanted to say last week and forgot, he was the first to raise his hand when asked if they thought Mohammed actually loved Danielle. At first nobody raised their hand because duh of course he didn't. He even admitted it to his lawyer. But then Devar looked at Danielle and saw the hurt on her face and I think he raised his hand to make her feel better. Then of course a couple others followed. I loved him for that.

• Love 18

I'm still shocked that Mo and Dani had sex at all and yes, Dani was the one who brought up her female problems. I think Mo got fustrated because everyone was yelling at him so he said all the other stuff about her seeing a doctor, etc...because he was being defensive. Everyone was really laying into him. Not that he didn't deserve it, he should be deported. 

Was Devar drunk? I think he might have been. He couldn't keep his hand off Mel and he was talking a lot. Him and Mel sure like to talk about their sex life! I like them too, you can tell they love each other. 

I was hoping the hostess would have asked Daya about her thyroid problem and if she was pregnant. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

I don't care whether "she brought it up first!" or whatever.

Anyone with a shred of decency would not elaborate on how stinky his wife's pussy is on national television.  Nasty, mean little viper.  Get him out of the United States as soon as possible.

Yes, and she didn't make an admission that she stinks, she complained that this is what he claimed to get out of sexual relations.  She slept with men before and after that didn't seem to mind.
Therefore... I don't believe him about the smell.  I think he wanted to humiliate her in the cruelest way imaginable.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Yes, and she didn't make an admission that she stinks, she complained that this is what he claimed to get out of sexual relations.  She slept with men before and after that didn't seem to mind.
Therefore... I don't believe him about the smell.  I think he wanted to humiliate her in the cruelest way imaginable.

She didnt deny it. Some men don't mind.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I'm still shocked that Mo and Dani had sex at all and yes, Dani was the one who brought up her female problems. I think Mo got fustrated because everyone was yelling at him so he said all the other stuff about her seeing a doctor, etc...because he was being defensive. Everyone was really laying into him. Not that he didn't deserve it, he should be deported. 

Was Devar drunk? I think he might have been. He couldn't keep his hand off Mel and he was talking a lot. Him and Mel sure like to talk about their sex life! I like them too, you can tell they love each other. 

I was hoping the hostess would have asked Daya about her thyroid problem and if she was pregnant. 

It was TMI from Mo and TMMI from Devar. At least Devar was drunk - Mo and Dani have no excuse.

A few things from last night’s episode:

1.       I am so glad that Kyle, Devar and Alexi told both Mo and Dani that they made  a mockery out of the K1 process.

2.       Alexi hit the relationship of Mo & Dani on target. They both went into this with other motives and not for what it was suppose to be – a real marriage.

3.       About the stink. They both freely admit it. I don’t care if she stinks or not. It’s not any of my business. But I don’t see Mo wanting to protect anyone except his own ass.

4.       Best line goes to Mo: “You are all drunk!”   Honestly, I don’t think anyone was drunk.  Devar wasn’t.  He’s always been very touchy feely with Mel.  And I find that they been very in your face with their sex life.

5.       Glad that most of the other couple’s issues  is for TLC plot driven.

Overall this was the Mo and Dani show with the others sprinkled in.  I am so done with these people. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

I haven't watched the second part yet but I think Devar is a really nice person. I wanted to say last week and forgot, he was the first to raise his hand when asked if they thought Mohammed actually loved Danielle. At first nobody raised their hand because duh of course he didn't. He even admitted it to his lawyer. But then Devar looked at Danielle and saw the hurt on her face and I think he raised his hand to make her feel better. Then of course a couple others followed. I loved him for that.

Funny you mention his kindness, because I thought he showed he is a kind and caring person when he wiped a tear from Daya's eye last night.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

Funny you mention his kindness, because I thought he showed he is a kind and caring person when he wiped a tear from Daya's eye last night.

And then Mel quickly slapped his hand away and told him to stop. I don't like her or Devar. He's a phony, I don't trust him and she's bitchy.  I get the feeling she likes her cocktails, too. 

Loren is beautiful,  I would kill for her shiny healthy hair. Alexi was sweet and sensible about everything he said. I hope those two make it. 

Kyle is madly in love with Noon. I hope she feels the same. He really has nobody else. I lost both of my parents by the time I was 30 so I know how lonely it can be. 

Danielle and her "feminine" problem: The only reason you would "smell down there" is if you don't bath/clean yourself often enough. That is simply a hygiene issue, in which case I say for gods sake get off your ass, woman, and clean yourself up. If that's not the problem, then she must have an infection of some kind, so why the hell wouldn't she get herself to a doctor? Oh yeah, there is a third scenario: Mo is just full of shit and a disgusting human being if he's lying about it. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh yeah, there is a third scenario: Mo is just full of shit and a disgusting human being if he's lying about it. 

Exactly.  Astonishing how the whole room at the tell-all seemed to take his word for it, including his statement that it's a "medical" issue.  I think it's just a ploy to make it her fault that he didn't want to bang her and corner her into shame and submission.

• Love 4

The thing is, she was so excited to announce that she stank. She didn't deny it, had no shame in making it public. She has no boundaries,  not one, that won't be crossed to garner sympathy from gullible viewers and keep that TLC gravy train running.

I'll bet that's why she's going for an annulment rather than a divorce. It drags out the drama for another season.  Mo just wants some peace, but, has to endure the fame whore she's become. If it wasn't for this show, she would be just another lonely, desperate beaver skyping illiterate. With the show, she's become a famous embarrassment. 

Edited by Virtually Me
  • Love 13

I felt bad for Kyle having them focus on his crappy mom. I was glad he stood up for himself about that. 

One little detail that jumped out at me was between Alexi and Loren. I liked how there were a couple of times that Alexi seemed to understand that Loren was having some difficulty answering a question and he said, in effect, I'll take this one. To me, it did not seem like he was trying to speak for her, it seemed like they were in tune with each other about that and she appreciated him "taking over."  IIRC, it happened twice - so not like it was a dominant pattern in their relationship.  They annoyed me on the show and I fast-forwarded through all their segments, but on the reunion they seemed like a nice couple.

• Love 14
On 11/9/2016 at 8:46 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I thought Kyle and Noon moved to Thailand and only came back for the reunion ...  

They said they got back either that day or the night before but they were going to stay in Portland the required amount to make sure Noon didn't lose her green card.  He said they would likely be staying through Winter and then head back. 

On 11/11/2016 at 8:03 AM, Major Bigtime said:

Might be why Dad has custody. Dad knows Mel's irresponsible behavior from a long time ago, perhaps.

I thought they did 50/50?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I thought that was too intimate.  I didn't like it.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I think that's why Melanie told him to stop.  It was kinda weird lol

I thought it was super weird, but I am willing to chalk it up to cultural differences.  I don't know anyone from Jamaica, so I am not sure if Jamaican people in general are more "touchy-feely," that we are in the US?  I think it was meant to be a kind gesture, either way.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, steff13 said:

I thought it was super weird, but I am willing to chalk it up to cultural differences.  I don't know anyone from Jamaica, so I am not sure if Jamaican people in general are more "touchy-feely," that we are in the US?  I think it was meant to be a kind gesture, either way.

Oh I do too.  He even put his arm around her before that too WHILE her husbands arm was around her lol Whose name i keep forgetting..... 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I don't believe him about the smell.  I think he wanted to humiliate her in the cruelest way imaginable.

I agree.  He showed himself, once and for all, to be a nasty, cruel little viper who does not deserve his green card.  

I also believe that Mohammed is gay.

• Love 4

I found Devar's attempts to comfort Daya to be harmless. Some people see someone in pain and want to help.  I thought nothing of it.

Now Brett's rapping? Bless his heart. He seems like a nice guy, but...yeah.

I did not like that Mohammed was deemed the bad guy in regards to the smell discussion. He is a jerk, but he restrained himself immensely. Danielle went there with the smell comment and I have no idea what she hoped to gain there. So he confirmed what she put out there and the group freaked out. Some women and men have serious hygiene issues that causes foul smells. It happens. Danielle should certainly see a doctor if that's the case. Her body is telling her something and she needs to listen.

• Love 8

Mo is such a whiny punk ass. I seriously wish they had just had a separate show for the two of them so I didn't have to watch it.

Also, Mo not only could Devar take you I bet Mel or Paola could also take you.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, steff13 said:

No we are not. That was really weird.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, greekmom said:

A few things from last night’s episode:

1.       I am so glad that Kyle, Devar and Alexi told both Mo and Dani that they made  a mockery out of the K1 process.

2.       Alexi hit the relationship of Mo & Dani on target. They both went into this with other motives and not for what it was suppose to be – a real marriage.

3.       About the stink. They both freely admit it. I don’t care if she stinks or not. It’s not any of my business. But I don’t see Mo wanting to protect anyone except his own ass.ouple’s i for TLC plot driven.ssues  is

Overall this was the Mo and Dani show with the others sprinkled in.  I am so done with these people. 

I cannot believe I watched 3 hours to (again) hear about 'cooze-ooze' and 'clitty-litter'.  I am also so done with the Dani-Mo crap . At least it was ONE thing that 90 Days did not script.........

• Love 3
4 hours ago, gunderda said:

Oh I do too.  He even put his arm around her before that too WHILE her husbands arm was around her lol Whose name i keep forgetting..... 

I'm glad others noticed this. Tear wiping,then his arm around her at the same time as Brett. The whole thing was a little too orgy'ish. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Danielle and her "feminine" problem: The only reason you would "smell down there" is if you don't bath/clean yourself often enough. That is simply a hygiene issue, in which case I say for gods sake get off your ass, woman, and clean yourself up. If that's not the problem, then she must have an infection of some kind, so why the hell wouldn't she get herself to a doctor? Oh yeah, there is a third scenario: Mo is just full of shit and a disgusting human being if he's lying about it. 

It can definitely be a medical issue too though, especially if you have a hormone imbalance.

• Love 2

Devar and Muhammed were acting like two 10 year-old boys. I felt bad for Shaun, having to repeatedly call their names like she was their teacher.

Noon and Alexei are the winners of the reunion for me. Mature, only shared their opinions when they were asked for them. And Noon gets an extra point for the sexy red lip. 

• Love 3

I wonder how the other couples really feel about Dani and Mohammad.  Do they detest them because they've made the whole K1 process a joke, or do they resent them because they are the "stars" of this series and are probably getting more money than they?  I mean love them or hate them, Dani and Mo are great TV, while couples like Kyle and Noon might be seen as boring.  I don't think  Noon said more than three sentences during the whole reunion.   They were mature, but these days mature doesn't cut it if you want to be a reality star. 

I hope Kyle gets therapy some day, because sometimes when you run from one dysfunction, you could run right into another one.

• Love 3

I agree on Alexei handling himself well. Although I don't dislike Loren, they seem a bit mismatched in terms of maturity levels. I definitely see that in terms of Pao & Russ on a grander scale.

Noon just seemed uncomfortable (I would've been too). Kyle drives me nuts with the head hanging. I get he's had it rough & could be needy; I hope he doesn't let Noon drive him too much in terms of it not being a balanced relationship. I can't help but wonder how they fund all the traveling as he can't be working with them all over the place; it has to be from the show.

And yes, boring & mature does not a reality star make.

I also see Devar's 'comforting' of someone else's wife as creepy, but what was wrong with Brett that he didn't jump in there? He actually moved his arm so Devar could put his arm there! As her husband he should've moved Devar's arm out of the way & told him he could handle it, thanks, instead of Mel having to do it, which was all kinds of wrong as well.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I wonder how the other couples really feel about Dani and Mohammad.  Do they detest them because they've made the whole K1 process a joke, or do they resent them because they are the "stars" of this series and are probably getting more money than they?  I mean love them or hate them, Dani and Mo are great TV, while couples like Kyle and Noon might be seen as boring.  I don't think  Noon said more than three sentences during the whole reunion.   They were mature, but these days mature doesn't cut it if you want to be a reality star. 

I hope Kyle gets therapy some day, because sometimes when you run from one dysfunction, you could run right into another one.

But I think that's the point. Kyle and Noon don;t want to be reality TV stars. They probably did it for the paycheck. The drama drummed up by the producers was mostly minor (put aside them forcing to see his mother when he clearly doesn't care a lot to), but a little TLC check here and there helps with airfare, rent and whatnot. It sure will pay the few months they want to spend in Portland over the winter. 

As for Kyle, I hope he gets therapy, yes. I have noticed a lot that he seems to have a lot of difficulty making eye contact to anyone when he is speaking. Always head down and near-mumbling. It's sad, because to me, he comes across as a stand-up guy. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I agree on Alexei handling himself well. Although I don't dislike Loren, they seem a bit mismatched in terms of maturity levels. I definitely see that in terms of Pao & Russ on a grander scale.

I actually love Alexei and Loren together.  I think he balances her out pretty well. She's a bit neurotic and he seems super laid back lol 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I actually love Alexei and Loren together.  I think he balances her out pretty well. She's a bit neurotic and he seems super laid back lol 

I agree. I think she's also the kind of neurotic and high-strung person that wants to be "led" to a calmer place and I think he does that for her.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Granny58 said:

what about him putting his arm around her, while her husband was too?  I think that too is weird.  

It's all part of his schtick...the consummate ladies' man. Even platonically. Must always be Mr. Lubba Lubba. Suave, sexy, flirtatious. That's just who he is...or who he has become. I don't think he meant to disrespect his wife or make anyone feel awkward.

• Love 1

Yeah I agree that Kyle needs therapy if he hasn't already received it. I hope that his mother's rejection of him (by way of her addiction) doesn't cause him to smother Noon. Her friends, family and life are in Thailand. Kyle doesn't speak the language and has said more than once that Noon was his only family and he's got all the family he needs "in Noony." Which would make me feel a certain type of way if I were Aunt Missy, but I digress. 

They're a sweet couple who seem to care a lot for each other. I'm willing to cut Kyle some slack because I think he too, was inebriated at the reunion.

Muhammed, sitting there cross-legged in his skinny jeans and driver's loafers with no socks, shouting, "You put me here with these drunks!" made me cackle. 

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:00 PM, charmed1 said:

I must've missed the scene they showed in the previews of his sisters cackling. I so wanted to know what they were laughing at. And as pathetic as Danielle and Muhammed are, Melanie was doing just a wee bit much during the reunion. Her situation is far from perfect. I wanted Muhammed to tell her just that.

His sisters asked Melanie if Devar is paying his share of the bills in the US. And Melanie said no, not really, she still has to pay for mostly everything. And then it cut to a TH of the sisters repeating that Melanie says she pays for everything and they just broke out laughing hysterically like it was the craziest thing they had ever heard (i.e., this White American woman supporting their brother.) It really was funny, bc they both simultaneously roared w/ laughter, and it wasn't scripted.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Yeah I agree that Kyle needs therapy if he hasn't already received it. I hope that his mother's rejection of him (by way of her addiction) doesn't cause him to smother Noon. Her friends, family and life are in Thailand. Kyle doesn't speak the language and has said more than once that Noon was his only family and he's got all the family he needs "in Noony." Which would make me feel a certain type of way if I were Aunt Missy, but I digress. 

They're a sweet couple who seem to care a lot for each other. I'm willing to cut Kyle some slack because I think he too, was inebriated at the reunion.

Muhammed, sitting there cross-legged in his skinny jeans and driver's loafers with no socks, shouting, "You put me here with these drunks!" made me cackle. 

I was chuckling too about his sitting cross legged the whole show in the skinny jeans also. I didn't notice the driving loafers...assumed he was wearing short boots.

Maybe I'm the only one but I think Mo is rather nice looking. He (like Devar) also has one of those big mega watt smiles...when he's not scowling.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

I wonder about them. She boasted early in her season that she is/was her parents' little spoiled princess who gets everything she wants. I'm not so sure Alexei is going to be able to keep her in the lifestyle to which she has grown accustomed. EMTs don't make a lot of money and he's made it clear that he's not modeling underwear. They're both 29; her parents will likely be cutting her off soon if they haven't already.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

I was chuckling too about his sitting cross legged the whole show in the skinny jeans also. I didn't notice the driving loafers...assumed he was wearing short boots.

Maybe I'm the only one but I think Mo is rather nice looking. He (like Devar) also has one of those big mega watt smiles...when he's not scowling.

Were they boots? That's even better! Ha. Maybe I got him confused with the old man slippers that Mark wore last season. Mo is such a himbo. He reminds me of Serge from Beverly Hills Cop. I think his plan was always to get his green card and ditch DanSmell (I'm sorry Danielle, I couldn't resist), but I think he intended to stick around longer than he did. The reality that his betrothed was as much a formidable scammer as he was, threw him off his game and he ran. That's why he sat there the entire reunion with his face balled up into a fist.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

It could work out nicely, as long as she doesn't push so much she wears him down.

I believe the only time we saw Alexei break a sweat was when he found out about the strippers at Loren's bachelorette party.  When everyone else was yelling at Mohamed, he just sat there all calm and cool.  I have a soft spot for Loren; she comes across as spoiled and neurotic, but I have a feeling she is sweet.

I am starting to believe that Melanie likes to irritate and aggravate her sister, Bev.  Otherwise, she wouldn't have told her how much she has spent on Devar, and that he ran off after getting his green card. 

It's unfortunate that Kyle believes Noon is his only family, when his Aunt Missy seems to really care about him.  Kyle breaks my heart.  There is something profoundly sad about him.  I don't remember ever seeing him smile. 

I believe Mohamed and Danielle scammed each other. He wanted a green card; she wanted a young, hot husband.  Mo still has his green card, but Dani doesn't have a husband.  Based on the fact that he got the better of the deal, perhaps he should spare us his righteous indignation.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Somehow, I thought you were describing Mark.

I'll show myself out.

• Love 3
On 11/14/2016 at 0:58 PM, ChristmasJones said:

I felt bad for Kyle having them focus on his crappy mom. I was glad he stood up for himself about that. 

One little detail that jumped out at me was between Alexi and Loren. I liked how there were a couple of times that Alexi seemed to understand that Loren was having some difficulty answering a question and he said, in effect, I'll take this one. To me, it did not seem like he was trying to speak for her, it seemed like they were in tune with each other about that and she appreciated him "taking over."  IIRC, it happened twice - so not like it was a dominant pattern in their relationship.  They annoyed me on the show and I fast-forwarded through all their segments, but on the reunion they seemed like a nice couple.

I thought that was Melanie and Devar. She kept saying she had no words, and he humped on with his thoughts.