Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Shmoopaloop said:

Ember looks less than amused to be Auj’s little dress up doll. Yet another photo shoot day!

She’s probably just  freezing from being paraded around for a photo shoot...in 40 degree December weather...with no coat on

• Love 8

I feel sorry for any kid Auj pops into the world.  They will need to be able to perform to her expectations, and of course, it always has to be about Auj and her image.  No way this marriage can last...these two will drive each other insane!

• Love 5

So, in Auj's latest story I saw they were headed up to the mountains today...with Pine, the cat...

I'm assuming it's another weekend away and not just a day trip. Are they carting their own litter box to an Airbnb?? Or letting the cat roam free in territory it's not used to?? Either option is bizarre to me.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I feel sorry for any kid Auj pops into the world.  They will need to be able to perform to her expectations, and of course, it always has to be about Auj and her image.  No way this marriage can last...these two will drive each other insane!

I'm actually curious if these two are still planning to have four or five kids because honestly, they seem a tad overwhelmed with the one kid. 

• Love 8

I do wonder. I think Jeremy is a "I'm not a man unless I have a son" sort so I think Auj will have to uncross her legs and let Jer take her sans condom for at least one more child, maybe two if the second is also a girl. But I also think Auj's drama over having a child with her constant "My pelvic bone hurts" and "OMG I had the worst mastitis ever, the nurses said so" means she's not going to be quiverfull.

• Love 6

That whole post is just gross. Nothing but unflattering, amateur, self-conscious pictures featuring Mommy's living prop, Ember, front and center, forced to work as Mommy's little marketing tool again.  I guess she has to earn her keep somehow. 

I think the worst part is how Audrey is trying to disguise what is obviously nothing but an advertisement as a prayer for her daughter's well-being being.  I find that to be in especially poor taste.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Auj needs to start dressing like a grown up; her little girl dress ups, even if just for photos, is getting a bit creepy IMO.

She looks fucking ridiculous inching near 30 every day and combining little girl outfits and caked on makeup. And that awful ear to ear forced grin. Yikes!

• Love 10
On 12/13/2018 at 11:24 AM, Rap541 said:

On 12/14/2018 at 10:07 AM, Rap541 said:

Episode 8 –

<snip>  She has a special daily prayer that she reads to us. Jer says “Super good prayer, Babe”.  <snip>

They read several stories from their followers. I am not recapping them because I don’t want to be mean to people who may not have known when writing to Auj that Auj was going to read their private letters to the public. <snip>

Bold #1. Jer is so eloquent. 🙄

Bold #2. That's very ethical of you (seriously.)

• Love 4
On 12/19/2018 at 10:54 AM, Rap541 said:

Of course, they must share a story in order to explain this, the decision of whether to film their wedding or not because getting married with 200 people or 2 million people is a pretty typical decision. (I am absolutely willing to bet – and I hit pause on the podcast to type this – that in no way will the money profit from filming be discussed as one reason why they chose to share their wedding on tv).

They have paid off the car and only have the mortgage. Which is great but I think the show has a lot to do with that.

This podcast was hilariously disorganized, especially considering the topic. I am mostly struck by how they consistently refuse to acknowledge that they are living in a financial cocoon from the tv show.  By the way, I was right that we never did hear a peep about how filming the wedding was financially profitable. Funny that.

BINGO to all of the above. Thanks for listening to the podcast so we don't have to.(I wouldn't last 3 minutes)

On 12/23/2018 at 5:42 AM, ginger90 said:

10 pictures 

Finally a tip from Jer that might be useful (about free Lightroom tutorials.)

Pretty cool how the color of the car changed.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That's actually a nice picture. And no hashtags. What the heck?  Was their Instagram hacked or something?

A Happy New Year 'gift' to readers, maybe?

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

So we take a two year old photo and alter it to show 2018 rolling into 2019.    Then state you were in Bend this year.  Why show the photo at all?  

Jer wants to show off his Lightbox (or whatever) editing skills. Expect more of these spruced up repeats. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

So we take a two year old photo and alter it to show 2018 rolling into 2019.    Then state you were in Bend this year.  Why show the photo at all?  

He calls his personalized Light Room presets HISTORY because he is into vintage vibes. I find it ironic that he uses the process to change history. We now have a picture of Jer and Aug in NY when they were in Bend. I wouldn't object to just making it look vintage, it is the deception that bugs.

Also "reigning" in the new year. 

• Love 9
On 11/29/2018 at 9:27 AM, Gennacide said:

lol guys look at this post someone shared on insta. 

Screenshot_20181129-102628.png

Who are the people with her in this picture?

On 12/21/2018 at 7:43 PM, ginger90 said:

4 pictures 

Do they have a bed in their living room?

Also - not digging GIRLSIE'S (gag) chopped bangs.

@Rap541 Thank you for recapping the podcasts - you are doing God's work!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 4
On 1/1/2019 at 5:32 PM, mythoughtis said:

My suggestion for their 2019 word is "self-absorbed."

• Love 14
On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:42 PM, Tidbit said:

He calls his personalized Light Room presets HISTORY because he is into vintage vibes. I find it ironic that he uses the process to change history. We now have a picture of Jer and Aug in NY when they were in Bend. I wouldn't object to just making it look vintage, it is the deception that bugs.

I am such a novice at modern photography, I am willing to admit my ignorance. Is there any real profit to be had in designing "presets"? I mean, Jeremy and others talk like these presets are highly profitable and I don't understand it. 

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:42 PM, Tidbit said:

Also "reigning" in the new year. 

Always More Spelling Errors!

Oh wait, pointing out the spelling errors is hating on them.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:44 PM, heatherchandler said:

Do they have a bed in their living room?

Yes. I believe the bed is there for lounging in jammies.

I personally find it a little overly "aren't we cute?"

• Love 6

Audrey's parents own a vacation home at Brasada Ranch, and they have posted pictures tagged with that location several times in the past.  Brasada is an expensive resort development just outside Bend, so that is probably one of the unmentioned reasons Bend won out when they were choosing where to relocate from LA.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Tzeitel said:

Audrey's parents own a vacation home at Brasada Ranch, and they have posted pictures tagged with that location several times in the past.  Brasada is an expensive resort development just outside Bend, so that is probably one of the unmentioned reasons Bend won out when they were choosing where to relocate from LA.

Wow, those Botti’s seem well-off. I hope that money didn’t give their kids a sense of entitlement growing up. But judging by how full of herself Auj is, it seems like it might have. 

• Love 2
On 1/6/2019 at 9:27 AM, Absolom said:

She's working on those childish poses just like Mariah Brown.  It isn't achieving what she hopes.

Plus, now that Jeremy mentioned what photo program he uses, I thought I'd mess around to see what the original picture might have looked like.

Because I  thought, I just bet ole Jer made her hair look redder than it really is.

(I fiddled until the denim was actually blue again.)

Why yes..I *do* have too much time on my hands. 😁

rps20190107_215322.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 12
On 1/3/2019 at 8:12 PM, Rap541 said:

I am such a novice at modern photography, I am willing to admit my ignorance. Is there any real profit to be had in designing "presets"? I mean, Jeremy and others talk like these presets are highly profitable and I don't understand it. 

Probably depends.  There are plenty of free ones to download and I would probably download his "History" one if he put it out for free.  But there are some that I would actually buy. I have a photographer that's local to me, she's done family photos for us and she's talked about putting her preset up for sale... and I might have to check to see if she ever did because I would buy it.  For the life of me I can not recreate the preset she uses for all her photos and I love it so much.

I see a lot of photographers bundle a bunch of presents and then offer it for a 'massive discount' and I'm sure there are people who are click happy and buy it.  I did that for a photo editing tutorial because I had some money and was in a shopping mood that day lol.

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 1

I haven’t listened to their new podcast but heard the little sound clip that they posted and it confirmed what I had figured was happing. I listen to Jeff and Alyssa Bethkes podcast.

I will give some background in the Bethkes for those who don’t know. they are  write Christian books, do online modhles for cHristians, speaking events for churches etc. so they are a legitimate couple who has earned their followers and had to work to become authors through publishers and all that. They didn’t have a following from reality tv show who blindly buy their products. they also have a podcast called The Real Life Podcast.  

I have thought drom the first time i listened to some of The Behind the Scene podcast that they sounded eerily familiar to the Bethkes podcast. The way the intro is, their Christmas episode and from the sound clip i heard of this weeks podcast it has confirmed they are basically plagiarizing what they are talking about.

Seriously, one week after the Bethkes podcast comes out theRoloffs do one on the same topics, albeit less eloquent and with less actual knowledge on the topic. Bethkes- go in depth of what advent it and their traditions ; Jeremy goes surface deep on what can be found after googling advent and reading the brief description that pops up and their traditions. Goal setting podcast: the Bethkes don’t like to set goals/ resolutions they set rhythms. New pidcast Audrey says they dont set goals but what do they set? Yup, you guessed it RHYTHMS.  I havent listened so i wont be able to say if anymore is similar or not. But my hunch is yes.

I wuld be less annoyed and give them more credit  if they said oh I heard from so and so’s this and we think thats grwat ni dont feel like they have any original thoughts hut are takingnother peoples ides and switching a few wordsbecause they aren’t very knowlwdgable about the subject and trying to pass it as their own.  

Ps for people who don’t seem to put very much time into working, I swear they’ve been in break since Novemberwhen they finished their book, they take a lot of vacation time. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Claire1745 said:

I haven’t listened to their new podcast but heard the little sound clip that they posted and it confirmed what I had figured was happing. I listen to Jeff and Alyssa Bethkes podcast.

I will give some background in the Bethkes for those who don’t know. they are  write Christian books, do online modhles for cHristians, speaking events for churches etc. so they are a legitimate couple who has earned their followers and had to work to become authors through publishers and all that. They didn’t have a following from reality tv show who blindly buy their products. they also have a podcast called The Real Life Podcast.  

I have thought drom the first time i listened to some of The Behind the Scene podcast that they sounded eerily familiar to the Bethkes podcast. The way the intro is, their Christmas episode and from the sound clip i heard of this weeks podcast it has confirmed they are basically plagiarizing what they are talking about.

Seriously, one week after the Bethkes podcast comes out theRoloffs do one on the same topics, albeit less eloquent and with less actual knowledge on the topic. Bethkes- go in depth of what advent it and their traditions ; Jeremy goes surface deep on what can be found after googling advent and reading the brief description that pops up and their traditions. Goal setting podcast: the Bethkes don’t like to set goals/ resolutions they set rhythms. New pidcast Audrey says they dont set goals but what do they set? Yup, you guessed it RHYTHMS.  I havent listened so i wont be able to say if anymore is similar or not. But my hunch is yes.

I wuld be less annoyed and give them more credit  if they said oh I heard from so and so’s this and we think thats grwat ni dont feel like they have any original thoughts hut are takingnother peoples ides and switching a few wordsbecause they aren’t very knowlwdgable about the subject and trying to pass it as their own.  

Ps for people who don’t seem to put very much time into working, I swear they’ve been in break since Novemberwhen they finished their book, they take a lot of vacation time. 

Is that considered plagiarism in a legal sense?

Probably not really.

I'm not a huge reader or writer in the Christian faith genre but when you're looking a millennial self help books with a Christian bent, you're going to see a lot of similarities. Like seriously, I found it rather interesting that this Jeff and Allyssa have a book out on how they met and their very special relationship. They also have a journal they pitch, for him and her. 

But while it's all vaguely similar, it's also all vaguely different (and potentially more honest and open, it seems Jeff has some sort of 'prodigal son' thing) and when its not a line by line theft, its hard to argue if they "stole" the idea or just had a similar experience.

• Love 2