Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

Podcast 15 – 8 Ways to Chase Jesus in college

They start by noting that they are late with the podcast. They have considered batch recording but they prefer to do things live. But with the book tour coming they will have to and really whats the big deal?

Audrey starts to explain the theme of the podcast and Jeremy immediately cuts her off so he can explain everything to the audience. This is going to be how they didn’t fall to Satan while in college. This one is ABOUT JESUS!

They then debate how to start the conversation. Finally Jeremy asks “is Jesus worth pursuing?” and Auj is all “babe, then too, what does pursuing Jesus look like?” Jeremy notes how surprising it was to know that not everyone was a Christian. Audrey agrees that it’s a total shock to be around people who they didn’t grow up with in church.

Jeremy notes that yes, Jesus is worth pursuing. Jeremy presses in to Jesus! He then asks Auj what college was like for her. Auj went to Oregon State and walked on to the track team. She lived in a house with 7 other girls and intentionally called the place “the brothel” because they were so amused as Christians. It took her five years to graduate because running was so important to her.

Jeremy meanwhile theoretically had soccer scholarships which I don’t believe. He isn’t certain if he got his associates. Then he went to Brooks, and Auj pretty much tells the story for him because he doesn’t remember anything. He went to church and had a bible study. Auj notes how busy they both were, so very very busy. Jeremy cuts her off and then lets her speak.

Auj gets into how you have to prioritize and creating room for Jesus and that it’s not just about going to church and bible study. Now, a list. Of course they have a list of how they pursued Jesus.

1.       Spend Alone Time with Jesus – Jeremy loves it, of course. This is about setting time aside to be with Jesus. Jeremy of course was pressing in to Jesus on the beach. Auj’s alone time with Jesus was in the morning. She read the bible every day at 5am.  Jer cuts her off but then allows her to finish her thought – it was about building habits. He needs to let her speak, and they both need to actually organize the podcast before they record. Then there’s a lengthy side piece where Jeremy goes into how he loves the book “The Power of Habit”. It goes on about five minutes

2.       Rest – an irony according to Auj as she’s soooooo super busy. Apparently Auj got burnt out in college and they broke up and its in the book! Jeremy cuts her off and notes he’s cutting her off and the Sabbath is so important. Auj notes, rightly because I can’t disagree, that our culture doesn’t value rest. Auj then goes into how she’s such a doer, an amazing go getter, that she burned out.  And now we’re back on how she had various silent retreats in college. Jeremy harps on the Sabbath.

3.       Community – Jeremy says this is a monster, huge! They believe your friends reflect who you are. I see their point but they waffle a little, getting into how Jesus had 12 disciples but also 3 besties in the disciples, and I think they’re ignoring how Mary Magdalene was there. Church – how do you choose a church? Do they teach the scripture or just feel good stuff? Do people notice if you’re there.

4.       Wise counsel – Jeremy notes that his mentor Mike died so he struggles with this. He had someone in college but they both think men struggle with this more. Jeremy notes that its very important to be humble and accept mentoring. Auj feels she didn’t have a mentor at first but then was blessed. Auj suggests people needing a mentor should ask the potential mentor to coffee. Auj does a lot of quoting of the bible by the way. Jeremy tends to give out basic Christian statements.

5.       Eliminate sin – Jeremy notes that they love sin,  but they should love Jesus more. A flaw is that if they really want to talk about these topics, I wish they’d stop apologizing that they have to stay on topic. I mean they went on for ten minutes about rest but sin gets a minute.

6.       Obedience – This is about following what God presses into your heart to do and not ignoring those things. This somehow gets into how Jeremy loves wine and won’t be giving it up despite being Christian as Jesus did start his ministry with wine. Auj notes that people who whine about not hearing God are just not listening or ignoring whats already been said.

7.       Fill your heart and mind with truth. Jeremy notes how truth is constantly being eliminated and somehow this goes into something Oprah said. Jeremy believes with all of his study of the scripture that the Bible is the best book. Also if you accept this truth then good things will happen for you? This again turns into a weird diatribe from Auj on how social media makes it really hard for women to have self esteem. She then notes how she locks truths on her cell phone so she is forced to read her truth before using her phone. I again note her multiple instagrams that are so carefully curated to present a pretty picture.

8.       Write down your questions and prayers. Jeremy bluntly notes that he’s never done that but Auj is good at it. She somehow turns it into “but you wrote letters to me that had questions so you did”. Auj notes that constantly journaling prayers for Jesus is how she rolls.

Jeremy then encourages the audience to use the evil social media to tell him how awesome this was and how it helped you. Auj notes that you the audience may not be able to manage all that she and Jer have managed but that’s ok.

Thorns! Auj’s thorn is that the podcast is late. Jeremy’s thorn is how Auj is so stressed out. They allude to how stressful the week has been but give no details other than “some things didn’t work out”.

Roses! Jeremy’s rose was “getting my wood” hehe. We’ll ignore the obvious sexual aspect – he means he got some oak for a table project as he’s a carpenter now. Auj’s rose was Valentine’s Day – they went to Grand Lodge, with a private room, dinner, a spa session, and flowers.

Auj is so encouraged by the preorders so preorder more!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

This again turns into a weird diatribe from Auj on how social media makes it really hard for women to have self esteem. She then notes how she locks truths on her cell phone so she is forced to read her truth before using her phone.

But keep posing like a wooden doll so everyone sees your thigh gap Auj, because you know how that will encourage "self esteem" in the girls & women who see your perfectly 'truthful' pictures.

Someone needs to introduce these two to outlining.

• Love 4
On 2/20/2019 at 9:02 AM, Rap541 said:

They then debate how to start the conversation. Finally Jeremy asks “is Jesus worth pursuing?” and Auj is all “babe, then too, what does pursuing Jesus look like?” Jeremy notes how surprising it was to know that not everyone was a Christian. Audrey agrees that it’s a total shock to be around people who they didn’t grow up with in church.

Good grief how sheltered are these people? 

• Love 5
On 2/22/2019 at 12:59 PM, devoutjedi said:
On 2/20/2019 at 9:02 AM, Rap541 said:

Good grief how sheltered are these people? 

I prefer - How ignorant are these people?

• Love 3

36FCCB55-49E7-4B26-AEB5-A29728D19124.jpeg

audreyroloff

8 WAYS TO PURSUE JESUS IN COLLEGE💌

Today on our poscast Jer and I are sharing all about how we pursued Jesus and made the most of our transitional college years! We are talking all about our struggles, forming habits, finding community, being intentional about your friendships, church shopping, valuing rest, finding mentors, hearing from God, prioritizing, killing comparison and replacing lies with truth! Tune in now 🎧 in to Behind The Scenes Podcast! You can head over to @behindthescenespodcast and click the link in our bio. You can also listen on iTunes, Spotify, google play and stitcher!

Tag 2 of your college friends and roommates in the comments👭and you will be entered to win an @shopalwaysmore Sherpa for you and your besties🙀👏🏻 I’ll announce the winner in the comments tomorrow!
#behindthescenespodcast 

audreyroloff

“Finally we were officially dating, but we only had ten days before Jeremy had to leave for school. We savored every minute together during those ten days and ended each night by the campfire pit. We held hands, shared our first kiss, and gave voice to the thoughts we’d had about each other but had concealed for so long. As we talked by the campfire on Jer’s last night, we committed to writing letters to each other. Yes, letters. Real pen and ink on paper, folded into stamped envelopes. We wanted more than text messages and nightly phone calls. We had a deep desire to add excitement and creativity to our communication and also to chronicle the growth of our love. Letters seemed perfect.

On August 25, 2011, Jeremy left for his new home in Santa Barbara. I drove to his house to watch Blue Moon kick up dust as it rumbled down the long gravel driveway at Roloff Farms, packed to the brim with his belongings. Before we said one of our first drawn-out good-byes, Jeremy handed me my first letter. It was wax-sealed in an old brown envelope. I felt like a starlet on the set of a 1950s romance movie. He asked me to wait to read it until after he had left and then to mail my response to his new apartment in Santa Barbara. He wanted something to look forward to. Holding his first letter made me feel like I was holding the immunity idol in Survivor. I wasn’t naive to the fact that we would endure many Tribal Councils in our years of long distance, but something about holding that first letter gave me confidence that our torches would keep burning.

In our final moments before good-bye, we both felt a whole gamut of conflicting emotions. Unsure, yet confident. Nervous, yet at peace. Heartbroken, yet excited. One thing we wholeheartedly agreed on was that love wouldn’t just happen to us. We had to pursue it. We were committed to writing our own God-inspired love story. Jeremy’s first letter was the start of our love letter life.” #ALoveLetterLife 💌

Want to read the first two chapters of our book this weekend?! Go pre-order #ALoveLetterLife online and you’ll be able to read the first two chapters immediately when you put your order numberd in at aloveletterlife.com

17B88D54-272D-46BC-84C7-845EFDDD990E.jpeg

Episode 16 – Auj Explains The Oils Scam

I almost took a pass on this one because I am certain it’s a lengthy ad for Young Living Oils but knowing the one person on reddit who also reviews the podcast will take the same position, I am taking one for the team. Please send donations of alcohol.

Auj starts the show and has her friend Casey on the show and we’re talking about essential oils and running a business. I feel like Jeremy is locked in a closet somewhere because we’re minutes in and he’s not speaking at all.

Casey lives in Dallas and has four kids and I think this is a Skype interview. She’s known Auj since before the marriage. Casey was the first person who Auj followed as a blogger and was given a framed letter from Casey as a bridal gift and Auj just oozes with pleasure at now being besties with Casey.

Casey is passionate about families and family problems. Auj fangirls her. When and why did Casey start using essential oils? Auj manages to ask her how she “pursued and pressed into” essential oils most likely to make like Jer was there. Casey apparently had a worrisome pregnancy and everything collided together in a giant mess to make Casey an awesome essential oils seller.

Casey’s top five oils to use? Both Auj and Casey note how impossible this is as they love all the oils. Not getting into her choices because I don’t want to encourage the nonsense of essential oils. (Note – if it helps you, do it, as long as you’re not hurting yourself, if you want to do whatever then do so)

Now we’re into how Casey runs her business. Casey is the top seller apparently. She has seventy thousand people? In her chain? Or seventy families? Not sure. Casey sounds like she’s into working and she loves lifting others and so does Auj and omg how they love to love helping other people. They natter how their enneagram numbers control their responses.

Casey has been at this for five years. It took Casey three years to reach the royal diamond level. I feel like this is the grown up version of winning Grand Ultimate Supreme Queen at a child beauty pageant. Auj notes sagely that it’s not all about a built in audience, that Casey (and Auj of course) does a lot of work to reach these levels.

Casey loves working in an MLM. Challenges Casey faces in having four kids and working from home? How INTENTIONAL is Casey with these things? Casey notes that balance is important. There’s some talk of including the kids in the business talk.

Auj asks what Casey’s boundaries and rhythms are. Casey has a calendar and puts dates on the calendar for kid time. Casey gets up early before everyone, and stays up late. Advice Casey would give to a new Oils Seller? Do it, sez Casey. Quiet those whispers, you can do this. Auj oozes love and respect and basically licks Casey in submission.

Casey, what is your big God dream? Casey has a list. Helping, giving, letting her kids have their dreams etc etc etc. In fairness, I wasn’t really expecting “world domination and the enslavement of the human race” but still.

Auj has three final questions for Casey – what is your morning routine? What is the best life hack you know? And your roses and thorns?

Casey’s morning routine is to wake up and use some oils and basically meditate. Casey clearly gets up earlier than Auj and Auj is super impressed. Best life hack? Scheduling on the iphone calendar with the husband. Apparently Jeremy will only use Google Calendar.

Casey’s thorn? Watching her kids go thru hard things. Basically she didn’t get into it but one of the kids needed to “practice bravery” at school. I find myself respecting her for not getting into it. Then we seem to wrap up the podcast without getting into Casey’s rose. Casey kisses Auj’s ass, Auj kisses Casey’s ass. The podcast ends but then we get a lengthy voiceover from Auj on how awesome Casey is. Also Auj is launching a launch team and is looking for launch team leaders at teamroloff.com to help launch the book. Also buy the book!

Because I have the capacity to be objective, occasionally, I will say… Auj is a much better podcast interviewer than Jeremy and dumping him for the episode made it a lot easier to listen to. This actually sounded like a reasonably well done, if fawning interview. I'm now convinced that Auj is carrying this marriage and I wonder when she will get bored with the dead weight of Jer. 

The teamroloff website is naively hilarious.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Episode 16 – Auj Explains The Oils Scam

Casey lives in Dallas and has four kids and I think this is a Skype interview. She’s known Auj since before the marriage. Casey was the first person who Auj followed as a blogger and was given a framed letter from Casey as a bridal gift and Auj just oozes with pleasure at now being besties with Casey.

Who gives someone a framed letter as a gift? That must be one heck of a letter. 

Auj asks what Casey’s boundaries and rhythms are. Casey has a calendar and puts dates on the calendar for kid time.

Kid time is scheduled on the calendar. Well, isn't that special. I wonder if she has a nanny since she has four kids?

Also Auj is launching a launch team and is looking for launch team leaders at teamroloff.com to help launch the book. Also buy the book!

I have to launch myself out of this chair and rush to sign up. NOT. 

In general, they seem to speak the same language and really, really like each other. How many more clones are there? 

Rap541, You deserve an Old Fashioned for your efforts.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Tidbit said:

Who gives someone a framed letter as a gift? That must be one heck of a letter. 

I didn't explain the context well. Auj was following Casey back in the day as a blogger and told one of her bridesmaids how much she loved Casey so the bridesmaid got Casey to write a congrats on getting married letter, and the bridesmaid framed it as a gift.

It's still and a lil bit stalkery but not too crazy. (Hides signed autographs from Leonard Nimoy)

9 hours ago, Tidbit said:

I have to launch myself out of this chair and rush to sign up. NOT. 

Honestly, I am genuinely curious how many superfans fall for this. They're asking for a LOT of volunteer promotion with the payoff being that the *top* team leader gets a special phone call. Team leaders are supposed to recruit 50+ team members and the application is basically an interrogation of what your social media platforms are and how they can be used for the benefit of Jer and Auj. Here's the agreement they want people to sign.

Team Leader Agreement

By applying, I agree that I will recruit at least 50 team members, will try to accomplish given tasks in a timely manner personally and as a group, will encourage my team to pre-order a copy of the book, will write a review of the book, agree to receive updates from the Roloffs and parties affiliated with their publisher, and I agree that all of the information submitted is accurate and honest.

I don't know... it feels like a weird idea and considering they are going with a traditional publisher, it surprises me that they're doing this.

For the record, my drink of choice is a sonic screwdriver 🙂

Edited by Rap541
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Honestly, I am genuinely curious how many superfans fall for this. They're asking for a LOT of volunteer promotion with the payoff being that the *top* team leader gets a special phone call. Team leaders are supposed to recruit 50+ team members and the application is basically an interrogation of what your social media platforms are and how they can be used for the benefit of Jer and Auj. Here's the agreement they want people to sign.

I don't know... it feels like a weird idea and considering they are going with a traditional publisher, it surprises me that they're doing this.

For the record, my drink of choice is a sonic screwdriver 🙂

It sounds like a MLM - wonder where she got that idea from? ( I wish there was an emoji rolling its eyes).

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Rap641, do you know if launch teams are often done or is this something new? I know some on line retailers give bonuses for reviews.

I noticed in the agreement there wasn't any mention of actually reading the book. 

Live long and prosper Rap641.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Tidbit said:

Rap641, do you know if launch teams are often done or is this something new? I know some on line retailers give bonuses for reviews.

It's not new but it's more of a self publishing thing. Then again, because publishing has gotten a lot easier, publishers are pushing a lot of promotion chores back onto authors, especially if they aren't established winners. 

What I suspect they are doing is trying to review pump - priming the system so when the book is released there's a bunch of five star reviews to offset the negative reviews that they will get simply because some people don't like them. That's not my plan by the way. If I leave a review, it will be an honest one, but a fair one (and Jer and Auj are not asking for *honest* reviews which tends to be emphasized on discussions of book launch teams)

I strongly suspect the book contract they have hinges on the first book doing well. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Tidbit said:

A number of years ago, when Myspace really started to take off, entertainment people started doing "Street Teams".  I looked in to one....once.  It was a lot of work for very little benefit.  They wanted you to go to internet forums (when they were more popular in pre/early social media days) and just post incessantly about these people, their upcoming shows, etc.  They would give you scripts to cut/paste if you couldn't come up with anything clever on your own (and a few actually insisted you use their pre-done stuff).  The rewards were small - a free CD, or a presale code for an upcoming show, etc.  Not worth the effort.  I modded at a few internet forums back then, and we ended up booting a few members (and warning others) for spamming the groups.  They got booted if that was all they contributed.  One was a fanatic for some group that seemed to only perform sporadically, and pretty much in California.  There was a b-list child actor in the group, and the posts ALWAYS said "Yes, THAT (insert name here)".  It was just irritating.

• Useful 1

Since Jeremy and Audrey have copied much of what Jeff and Alyssa Bethke have done, it doesn't surprise me that they are having a launch team.  Jeff did it for his last book.  I looked into it and got some info.  Participants got a free book and then were given "challenges" to complete as they read the book, including posting on Goodreads and Amazon.  Jeff, however, was very candid that he didn't want false positive comments.  I doubt the same will be said for Jer and Auj.

• Useful 4
15 hours ago, judyjudyjudy said:

Since Jeremy and Audrey have copied much of what Jeff and Alyssa Bethke have done, it doesn't surprise me that they are having a launch team.  Jeff did it for his last book.  I looked into it and got some info.  Participants got a free book and then were given "challenges" to complete as they read the book, including posting on Goodreads and Amazon.  Jeff, however, was very candid that he didn't want false positive comments.  I doubt the same will be said for Jer and Auj.

Goodreads will boot you for that (authors asking for reviews).

• Love 2

I know this question is asked a lot, but what do they work on all day?  The podcast is done with 'season 1' even though they didn't even make several episodes.  The launch day was late, they took two weeks off for the holidays, and missed several weeks here and there.  Plus they are asking for topics all the time.  This irritates me.  I know (full time, 4 year university, 18-22 years old, the 'traditional' college experience) college students that are busier and juggle more than these two fools.  

• Love 9

I hate being fair but...

Zach and Tori love Disney and they were going to Disney resorts long before Jackson came along. And Ember is under three. She isn't going to remember any vacation. Jackson won't either, they're too young. 

• Love 3

I had to take my husband to the local big hospital for the results of some neuropsych tests (he'd been showing signs of either early onset Dementia, or Parkinson's - all negative thankfully, but it cost him his job, so there's still that to deal with).  A woman came in pushing a fancy jogging stroller with an adorable baby in it.  She was far enough away that I couldn't get a super close look, but I saw her thigh gap, and holy heck!  You could drive a car through it.  She ended up sitting across from me.  When I looked up, I  tried very hard to not have a shocked look on my face when I saw her skeletal appearance.  She was decked out in workout clothing under a huge coat, but that couldn't cover her sunken cheeks, etc.  I don't know how she was able to carry a baby.  My cousin has a wife who was really in to exercise - very healthy and not at all anorexic, but she still had trouble conceiving.  At first, I thought she might be ill, but she dropped her clipboard and I tried to not be nosy, but saw "Eating Attitudes" at the top of the paper.

My mind immediately turned to Auj and her obsession over thigh gaps.  Sad.  As much as I'm not an Auj fan, I see her looking more and more thin, and it's concerning.

• Love 3
(edited)

Thank you Rap541.  Highlighting and clicking on r/LittlePeopleBigWorld in your post got me there. That book sounds like it is going to be as banal as we expected. 

Edited by Tidbit
On 2/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, Rap541 said:

Podcast 15 – 8 Ways to Chase Jesus in college

They start by noting that they are late with the podcast. They have considered batch recording but they prefer to do things live. But with the book tour coming they will have to and really whats the big deal?

Audrey starts to explain the theme of the podcast and Jeremy immediately cuts her off so he can explain everything to the audience. This is going to be how they didn’t fall to Satan while in college. This one is ABOUT JESUS!

Jeremy notes that yes, Jesus is worth pursuing. Jeremy presses in to Jesus! He then asks Auj what college was like for her. Auj went to Oregon State and walked on to the track team. She lived in a house with 7 other girls and intentionally called the place “the brothel” because they were so amused as Christians. It took her five years to graduate because running was so important to her.

Jeremy meanwhile theoretically had soccer scholarships which I don’t believe. He isn’t certain if he got his associates. Then he went to Brooks, and Auj pretty much tells the story for him because he doesn’t remember anything. He went to church and had a bible study. Auj notes how busy they both were, so very very busy. Jeremy cuts her off and then lets her speak.

Auj gets into how you have to prioritize and creating room for Jesus and that it’s not just about going to church and bible study. Now, a list. Of course they have a list of how they pursued Jesus.

1.       Spend Alone Time with Jesus – Jeremy loves it, of course. This is about setting time aside to be with Jesus. Jeremy of course was pressing in to Jesus on the beach. Auj’s alone time with Jesus was in the morning. She read the bible every day at 5am.  Jer cuts her off but then allows her to finish her thought – it was about building habits. He needs to let her speak, and they both need to actually organize the podcast before they record. Then there’s a lengthy side piece where Jeremy goes into how he loves the book “The Power of Habit”. It goes on about five minutes

2.       Rest – an irony according to Auj as she’s soooooo super busy. Apparently Auj got burnt out in college and they broke up and its in the book! Jeremy cuts her off and notes he’s cutting her off and the Sabbath is so important. Auj notes, rightly because I can’t disagree, that our culture doesn’t value rest. Auj then goes into how she’s such a doer, an amazing go getter, that she burned out.  And now we’re back on how she had various silent retreats in college. Jeremy harps on the Sabbath.

3.       Community – Jeremy says this is a monster, huge! They believe your friends reflect who you are. I see their point but they waffle a little, getting into how Jesus had 12 disciples but also 3 besties in the disciples, and I think they’re ignoring how Mary Magdalene was there. Church – how do you choose a church? Do they teach the scripture or just feel good stuff? Do people notice if you’re there.

4.       Wise counsel – Jeremy notes that his mentor Mike died so he struggles with this. He had someone in college but they both think men struggle with this more. Jeremy notes that its very important to be humble and accept mentoring. Auj feels she didn’t have a mentor at first but then was blessed. Auj suggests people needing a mentor should ask the potential mentor to coffee. Auj does a lot of quoting of the bible by the way. Jeremy tends to give out basic Christian statements.

5.       Eliminate sin – Jeremy notes that they love sin,  but they should love Jesus more. A flaw is that if they really want to talk about these topics, I wish they’d stop apologizing that they have to stay on topic. I mean they went on for ten minutes about rest but sin gets a minute.

6.       Obedience – This is about following what God presses into your heart to do and not ignoring those things. This somehow gets into how Jeremy loves wine and won’t be giving it up despite being Christian as Jesus did start his ministry with wine. Auj notes that people who whine about not hearing God are just not listening or ignoring whats already been said.

7.       Fill your heart and mind with truth. Jeremy notes how truth is constantly being eliminated and somehow this goes into something Oprah said. Jeremy believes with all of his study of the scripture that the Bible is the best book. Also if you accept this truth then good things will happen for you? This again turns into a weird diatribe from Auj on how social media makes it really hard for women to have self esteem. She then notes how she locks truths on her cell phone so she is forced to read her truth before using her phone. I again note her multiple instagrams that are so carefully curated to present a pretty picture.

8.       Write down your questions and prayers. Jeremy bluntly notes that he’s never done that but Auj is good at it. She somehow turns it into “but you wrote letters to me that had questions so you did”. Auj notes that constantly journaling prayers for Jesus is how she rolls.

Jeremy then encourages the audience to use the evil social media to tell him how awesome this was and how it helped you. Auj notes that you the audience may not be able to manage all that she and Jer have managed but that’s ok.

Thorns! Auj’s thorn is that the podcast is late. Jeremy’s thorn is how Auj is so stressed out. They allude to how stressful the week has been but give no details other than “some things didn’t work out”.

Roses! Jeremy’s rose was “getting my wood” hehe. We’ll ignore the obvious sexual aspect – he means he got some oak for a table project as he’s a carpenter now. Auj’s rose was Valentine’s Day – they went to Grand Lodge, with a private room, dinner, a spa session, and flowers.

Auj is so encouraged by the preorders so preorder more!

The most boring podcast ever. My goodness 

• Love 1

Podcast 17 – We Answer More Carefully Chosen Questions To Give The Impression This Is “Behind The Scenes”

So, this is the end of the podcast season? My suspicion is that they’re getting bored or something since doing podcasts as the book is out something I’ve seen recommended.  Or its just not that popular. I know nothing about podcast popularity so who knows?

Jeremy welcomes us to the season finale! Auj promises that season 2 will drop soon! It’s been amazing and PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW! Jeremy explains in detail how to review the show and how to share things on Instagram and then notes that they offer the bribe of free coffee to five lucky souls who do this. Auj also notes how very very important it is to *subscribe* to the podcast. I already feel like this is going to be a long haul as they go on and on about how desperately they need the public to pump their analytics. Also PREORDER THEIR BOOK! There’s FREEBIES! This is genuinely the first five minutes of the podcast.

This is the “Assumptions” podcast – what assumptions do people have about Jer and Auj?  Essentially they’re going to run down a list.

1.       You guys never fight or argue – This isn’t true, they assure us, they do argue and disagree.

2.       You will force your children into playing sports – Auj says this is true, Jeremy says he will encourage sports. Auj says they disagree on this and she intends to force her children into doing sports just like her parents did to her.

3.       You’re both disappointed by Jer’s parents divorcing and that makes it hard to be close to them. Jer agrees with that, that it was a big bummer. Auj just seems to nod along as he makes it all about how it’s difficult to do family things when some people are divorced.

4.       Jeremy is goofier off camera – Jeremy agrees with this. Auj sort of disagrees

5.       Auj got pregnant on the first try – No no no, they were not *trying* to get pregnant. But yes.

6.       You all are super healthy eaters and work out. Auj says as kids yes, but not so much as adults.

7.       You want lots of kids. Yes, they both say. Auj finds it interesting that apparently a lot of people also assume they don’t want more kids.

8.       Audrey had no idea how big Always More would become. Yes, Auj agrees that is true and she loves it

9.       Do you guys eat junk food? Auj assures us that they love Chik Fil A and gummi bears. Jer qualifies junk food as snack food and says he doesn’t eat it.

10.   Auj wins most arguments. Jer says he wins arguments he wants to win. Auj disagrees in that she wins all arguments that she wants to win.

11.   You only dated each other. No no no – Auj had someone she dated seriously, Jeremy dated two other women.

12.   You are wealthy from the show and Jer’s family. NO! Jer is firm on this point. He is debt free because the show and he paid for his college with show money. Their wedding was paid for by Auj’s parents (Which I can kinda buy, actually, in that I think Auj’s parents are wealthier than Jeremy’s). They are debt free and that’s fortunate but they don’t mooch off their folks. Also THEY DON’T GET ROYALTIES! They are doing it all on their own!

13.   You don’t go to a real church. No, that’s not true sez Jer. They did homechurch in Bend but now they go to a large church called The Gathering and are setting up their own social group. (A quick look on the internet says that it’s probably this church - https://www.thegatheringchurch.com/

14.   You’re really generous! Jeremy says “YES” and that it’s a family pillar and they try to be wise business people.

15.   You’ll never do LPBW again. Jeremy says that’s true, but they might do different tv shows. Auj interjects that they aren’t actively looking but Jeremy interjects with his “building treehouses” idea and I find myself asking has Jeremy ever actually built a tree house?

16.   Breakfast is your favorite meal. Auj says yes! Jeremy is intermittent fasting so no breakfast for him.

17.   You want twins. Jer says yes, twin boys especially.

18.   All the hate comments you get don’t bother you. Auj says no, she gets bothered by it and thinks people assume they aren’t real people who get hurt. Auj notes she doesn’t read her dm’s because of the nasty comments. Still, they have really thick skins. Jeremy notes that if you’re the type of person who makes nasty comments on line, then he gently understands that something is seriously wrong with you and feels sorry for you. I wonder if he recalls his and auj’s “You know 100% about NOTHING!” response made on line and if he considers himself a sad mentally ill loser who needs pity since you know, he makes hateful comments on line. But be assured, Jeremy thinks people who make nasty comments aren’t *normal*.

19.   You two have similar personalities. Auj says they’re more similar than different. There’s minor nattering between them on this.

20.   You’re both extroverted and proactive about building community. No, Auj says they are both introverted. Jeremy notes they’ve been told how awesome they are to hang out with.

21.   Your house is always clean. Auj says no, but in a mock humble way, and Jeremy notes they do have a hoarder room, but basically they’re relatively neat.

22.   Jeremy’s faith was not as strong until he met Audrey. Jeremy agrees with that.

23.   You guys want to move back to Bend. Basically yes.

24.   You’re against CBD. They say no. They dance around the fact that they are referring to cannabis based extracts and oils. Oh, hey, apparently Young Living is coming out with a cannabis extract…

25.    You don’t struggle with budgeting and finances.  Jeremy says they struggle with budgeting. Auj says their income isn’t consistent and they babble on separating personal and business expenses.

26.   Everything is planned out! Everything! They both laugh at this silly assumption because they never plan anything and never ever have lengthy podcasts on how they plan to plan. Also apparently Dan was hired to plan for them.

27.   You never have problems with intimacy. Jeremy seems to disagree and quotes Timothy Keller and this goes no where until Auj sums it up as “yes we do”.

28.   You’re excellent parents! Oh guys, we’re so new and we don’t want to call ourselves excellent parents and we struggle and kinda sorta humble brag yeah we’re fantastic. But NO!

29.   You were both virgins when you got married. YES! Says Audrey. But then she rambles on about purity versus virginity and says to read the book because its so fascinating and also, in the technical sense, yes they were virgins. I assume this means she gave him a blow job or something and he’s not counting the sex his first girlfriend Sara says that they had.

30.   You will never leave Oregon. Jeremy agrees although they both talk about places they like.

31.   You spend a lot of money on oils and clean living. Auj says yes but then pitches how YL helps her basically get stuff for free.

32.   You are a young couple with old souls. Yes says Jer.

33.   You have a fire every night. Agreed, says Jer and they use a lot of wood.

34.   You aren’t friends with people who aren’t Christians. That’s nonsense, they both say. Of COURSE they have many many friends who are non believers and they love talking to non believers. I’d honestly just like some evidence of this.

35.   You don’t listen to secular music. ALSO FALSE! They listen to country, and blues.

36.   You’re both very disciplined. Auj agrees while Jeremy says she is disciplined while he is not, but they argue a bit about whether Jeremy is being too humble.

37.   You’re not right brained or left brained but in the middle. Lots of debate but yes.

38.   You don’t fall asleep at night because you’re talking about new endeavors. They make fun of the questioner using y’all in the question and agree.

39.   You don’t drink alcohol. FALSE!

40.   You’re not dog people. Jer loves dogs but feels its not a good time to have one. Auj has never had a dog and is open to it but agrees with Jer that its not a good time.

41.   You guys don’t work. They both laugh at how stupid this is. Jeremy notes that this question comes from older people who have no idea what the real world of the internet is like. He uses the example of older people seeing young people at a coffee shop on their laptops and assume that isn’t work. Both insist they work and Auj cites how often they refer to working in the podcasts as proof. I think, and this is just me, that maybe this is an area where they could really do a behind the scenes podcast and actually explain what they are defining as work. What is a typical work day for Jer and Auj? The reason people don’t think they work is because their instagrams are loaded with trips and fun moments at the farm etc.

42.    You travel every week. No, says Auj, although she can see why people think this as they have been traveling but they very specifically note – they do not travel *every week*

43.   You’re early risers but also night owls? That’s a weird assumption but they agree with it.

44.   Most  of your income comes from LPBW – NO NO NO silly people, and already addressed but it needs to be said again they no longer have money from the show!

45.   You hate fast food. Again asked and answered, silly people and they do eat fast food.

46.   You think you’re marriage experts. Auj marvels at how stupid it is for anyone to think she presents herself as a marriage expert and Jeremy snottily agrees and notes in a condescending way how wrong people are to think that they are presenting themselves as experts (even though the first two chapters of their book pretty much say their way of dating is best)

47.   You want to open an Always More storefront – Yes

48.   You’re working on another book! Teehee hee that’s a secret even though we’ve openly referred to it before.

49.   It was easy for Auj to lose the baby weight because she worked out so much. Auj is all no, you silly people, I rarely worked out.

50.   Your long distance relationship was effortless! Oh you silly assumers! Jer and Auj both note how you need to read the book and see how hard it was.

51.   Your relationship was faith based. Yes

52.   Auj made the first move in the relationship. Auj proudly notes how she turned Jeremy down

53.   You’re glad you left the show. They both agree that’s true.

54.   You both grew up in Christian homes. Yes!

55.   You don’t watch tv. Auj says they do occasionally watch shows but INTENTIONALLY. Jer agrees.

56.   You own a lot of Carhartt stuff. Yeah basically.

57.   You forget what day it is. Basically Jeremy has no idea what day it is at any given moment.

58.   Jeremy falls asleep first. Yes, basically. Auj notes her night routine is far more involved than Jer’s so he’s usually in bed before her.

59.   You never go to bed with unresolved issues. That’s totally true for Auj.

60.   You love winter. They agree.

And we’re done! Auj notes how they must have proved some of us wrong. Last roses and thorns!

Jeremy’s thorn is that his table project was a problem because the wood was bowed, Auj’s thorn is the office issue with a tool chest. Basically auj wants a cute office and Jeremy wants a man cabinet and Jesus Christ how damn hard is it to set up an office.

Jeremy’s rose was having community with friends on Sunday. Auj’s rose was having enough time to read the bible. Jeremy tells us the season of the podcast is done and PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW!!!

Honestly this was like listening to paint dry. It’s also childishly obvious how little thought they put into the podcasts as their list of questions repeated questions multiple times. A read thru would have solved that problem.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Rap541 said:

52.   Auj made the first move in the relationship. Auj proudly notes how she turned Jeremy down

Audrey turning him down means he made the first move because he asked her in the first place.  Now, maybe after he gave up asking then she perused him. But that’s not the first move. These two just make no sense to me. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Audrey turning him down means he made the first move because he asked her in the first place.

Shhhhhhhh don't let logic get in the way of the love story of the ages....

4 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Now, maybe after he gave up asking then she perused him. But that’s not the first move. These two just make no sense to me. 

What I will admit curiosity about is that she's so very very proud of not instantly falling in love, and not finding him worth her time for two years as he "pursued" her. What changed her mind?

I bet we don't find out. But seriously, I don't know what they think is so unique.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Okay I'm calling bullshit on #41 because in #57 he admits that he doesn't know what day it is on any given day.

In my experience the ONLY time in my life that I haven't known what day it was...was when (1) I was on extended vacation and it didn't matter what day it was.... OR  (2) I was unemployed for a while and didn't need to know what day it was.

Whenever I am working I always know what freaking day it is. 

I guess when you "work" for daddy and earn money from "working" on daddy's TV SHOW it isn't that important. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

C0EE4366-D3E9-4967-97F0-02C1DABED40B.jpeg

audreyroloff

WE MADE IT!!! Without breaking down or running out of gas, we made it all the way to the Oregon coast and back in the fj40! It’s basically a miracle... 🤣Usually when we take ’Rain’ out for an adventure.... I end up waving jumper cables on the side of the road praying for a car to pass by while Jer “assesses the situation” 😅 To everyone who assumed that we never fight in our episode of @behindthescenespodcast this week... lol... you assumed wrong😂

Have you listened to the season finale yet? We did an entire episode addressing all your assumptions about us, and letting you know if they are true or false😉 So if you’ve ever wondered..... who wins most arguments, if we eat fast food, if we got pregnant first try, if we want more kids, if we’re glad we left tv, if hate comments bother us, if our house is always clean, if we struggle with budgeting and finances, if we’ve ever struggled with intimacy, if we make money from LPBW, if we were virgins when we got married, if we have friends who don’t have the same beliefs as us, and who falls asleep first every night... we answered them all in the podcast this week! Click the link in my bio to liste, or search Behind The Scenes Podcast on any podcast platform! #btspodcast #fj40 #ALoveLetterLife

(edited)

How many cars do these people own? Why do they name the car? Why drive a car that they know has problems? Do they understand that most people don't have the option of storing their extra cars on Mommy and Daddy's property? Interestingly, in the podcast, they make it very clear that they stand on their own two feet financially and don't take money from their parents but are they paying for the storage of the jeep, and the BMW? Because they have a two car garage at their house and they both have normal cars and various motorcycles. Are they actually paying for the office they've been renovating for months now on the farm?

Edited by Rap541
Ugh I didn't mean to repost the photo and can't remove it, wait now I can
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

I read the first two chapters of their book.  It was.... worse than watching paint dry.  It felt like something two kids in high school, maybe around grade 10, wrote.  I loled when I got to the part about him peeing in the woods, and being THRILLED, thrilled I tell you, that Auj was going to pee in the woods, in the same spot as him!  These aren't Rhodes scholars here folks.   And can we please stop with everything being a 'season'?  Jeremy was in a 'season of spiritual complacency' (I think he said something else, but it was along those lines), and also at one point he was in a 'season of laziness'.  Dude, your whole life has been a season of laziness and still is.  

• Love 15
On 3/5/2019 at 12:26 PM, Rap541 said:

12.   You are wealthy from the show and Jer’s family. NO! Jer is firm on this point. He is debt free because the show and he paid for his college with show money. Their wedding was paid for by Auj’s parents (Which I can kinda buy, actually, in that I think Auj’s parents are wealthier than Jeremy’s). They are debt free and that’s fortunate but they don’t mooch off their folks. Also THEY DON’T GET ROYALTIES! They are doing it all on their own!

I keep wondering if debt free means they don't have a mortgage on that house.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Tidbit said:

I keep wondering if debt free means they don't have a mortgage on that house.

In fairness, a mortgage is the one form of debt that even Dave Ramsey endorses

1 hour ago, Xena said:

I loled when I got to the part about him peeing in the woods, and being THRILLED, thrilled I tell you, that Auj was going to pee in the woods, in the same spot as him!

Talk about "marking the moment" - I just wonder if they later tied some shoes together and hung them in a tree at the very spot they peed together to "timestamp" the moment. 

More seriously, I thought this rather pointedly revealed Jeremy's condescending views on women, that they are super dainty and unwilling to do manly fun things and its so very startling to him that a woman didn't collapse in horror at the idea of peeing in nature. 

I think they use the "season of " phrase because its trendy in their crowd and  they think it sounds clever.

• Love 3

I just checked the book launch website they whored out on the podcast. While the team leader application process is now closed, the team member application was supposed to open March 9 and still has not opened. And Jer and Auj per Auj's Instagram are at some Christian parenting conference this weekend. 

I wonder who will catch hell for this? 

• LOL 2