Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, tspark said:

For some reason, I'm listening to their latest podcast. They're planning to get a nanny for Ember 3 days per week? Those two are home doing nothing all day!

I can’t imagine interviewing with the two of them. I’d love to see their questions, in order of importance.

• Love 5

Episode 10 – Our Very Special Winter Break AKA OMG WE WORKED SO HARD GUYS!

This is about their holiday! For Christmas, they spent the day with each other, and then went to her parents, while Jeremy’s family got Christmas Eve and of course they were able to hold to all of their sacred traditions, especially watching the Lego Movie. Like, ok, my family has a film tradition as well but out of all the traditions they cited previously, this is the one they are proudest of achieving?

Auj notes that Jeremy made her a rack for her oils (which ok but I am certain he’d already done this so how many racks do you need for essential oils, Auj? Maybe you have a *problem*.) Jer also made her a charcuterie board – essentially a fancy cutting board. Auj notes he is super talented and he agrees. Auj got Jer two journals, one which is essentially for both of them, and matching typewriter mugs, and a calendar. Jeremy concedes he basically needs his face rubbed in a schedule. Ember got Carhartt crap from Jeremy and Auj got her cute lil girlie things.

Then they went to Bend! This is btw Auj’s childhood tradition as well, and its increasingly clear that Jeremy doesn’t get in the way of her family traditions, and spent four days there, and then went to Sun River? Renting a big house with Zach, Dan and Mueller with their kids. Everything was great. There was champagne. And a hot tub.

Then they went back to Bend! They did a podcast with their friends but that’s next week.

But now its time to talk about goals! One of their goals is to get a house in Bend. It’s not stated formally but this would be a second house. Because having a vacation home is a pretty standard financial goal these days. And now we’re on the “rhythms” that they need to implement to make their goals.

Jeremy also wants it understood that in 2018, they worked. They worked so hard, they were burned out from work and need to figure out how to work less. Honestly, I had to stop the tape at this point because fucking really? You were still cashing reality show pay checks, kids. You know why most of us don’t give or receive handmade charcuterie boards? Because we don’t have time to make gifts. Most of us did not get a full two weeks off *just for Christmas*. I swear, Jer and Auj would be on their knees begging for mercy if they actually had to work.

Anyway… Jeremy says they are going to hire a nanny because they are always working around Ember and her incessant needs. Basically, the tone here is that Jeremy leaves all the child rearing to Auj and she now needs a break from that and tending him. They plan to have family fun day on Thursday – BECAUSE THEY WORK ON SATURDAYS OMG THEY WORK SO HARD – and of course maintain Sunday Sabbath of no cell phones although Jer wants to make it better. Apparently, he has a flip phone for Sundays? Honestly, they make this so hard. Auj wants to meal plan better and they are working SO HARD, they forget to eat. Frankly as Auj goes over this, it sounds like Ember gets left with the babysitters a lot.

Jeremy sagely notes that most of us won’t understand but since he works for himself, he works so hard! And is so dedicated! We may not understand how it is to work so hard that you forget to eat and he accepts that we may not understand how HARD his life is. 

They also plan to set bedtimes now because again, they are SOOOOO BUSY WORKING SO HARD!!! Auj works SO LATE because she works after Ember goes to bed (also why they need a nanny). They will be traveling a lot but want to have a once a month game night.

One business goal is estate planning, but then he goes more into how the business is structured, so I am not sure if he understands what estate planning is. He is a proponent of living trusts, which isn’t a terrible idea so I will give him that. What their business is exactly goes unstated but they are quick to assure us that its growing.

Apparently, they did skip occasionally on the marriage journal and their marriage mentors and want to make that more important. They also plan to save a certain amount of money each month and marvel at how it’s called “budgeting”. 

Auj wants an hour in the morning for herself. Because you know, she’s so BUSY. Also, they both want to work out more. Again, they were SO BUSY WORKING that working out got skimped on. They plan to be very *intentional* about doing this. Also, Auj wants to hit “diamond” in Young Living by May. One of their goals is to hit the NY Times Best Seller List.  I kind of marvel at that. Don’t get me wrong, Christian stuff sells but… And there’s a second book coming out, and Jer is launching presets, and he also wants to get more into carpentry. Auj wants to have the Always More shirts end up in more physical stores.

Auj’s word, which the Lord is pressing on her heart, and THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM THE FAMILY Rhythm of goal setting, Jeremy totally cuts into it to make this VERY CLEAR – but Auj’s words are testify, abide, and present… honestly, she is literally babbling at this point but apparently her word for the year is “abide”. And not testify, or being present, even though she went on and on about it.

Roses and thorns!

Auj’s thorn? She maybe didn’t have any? No, feeling frazzled with the new year. Jer’s thorn is that he’s sick. Auj’s rose, which Jer decides for her, was going to Bend. Auj also says that affirming each other in an organic and natural way was nice. Honestly these people are so self involved. Jer’s rose was Bend, and going skiing.

Honestly for the shortest one yet, this podcast was FOREVER.

• Love 12

It’s a hard life. 🙄

Still wondering if they’re going to have several more kids, like she wanted originally. Or is she too busy being an entrepreneur for the Lord? Poor kids would be passed off to the nanny, too. Maybe it’s a good thing they get one - if they can’t remember to feed their own hungry stomachs, do they remember to feed hers? 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, debbiegephart1 said:

Can someone please tell me where they get all the money to do what they do, go where they go, buy houses, get nannies....the list is endless!!!!

A) They were on the show in 2018 which means Jeremy probably hauled in a healthy wage

B) While I think such success can be fleeting, Auj is pushing the MLM lifestyle of Young Living Oils and if she is currently at the platinum sales level and likely to go "diamond", then she is making a good wage pitching the essential oils.  I don't know if the YL website info is you know, valid, but if she is platinum, edging towards diamond and they aren't lying about the compensation, she's the breadwinner. Now, is the YL website prone to exaggerating? Sure but Auj is actually in a good place to be productive in this sort of MLM so I can buy it. 

12 hours ago, Shmoopaloop said:

Still wondering if they’re going to have several more kids, like she wanted originally. Or is she too busy being an entrepreneur for the Lord? Poor kids would be passed off to the nanny, too. Maybe it’s a good thing they get one - if they can’t remember to feed their own hungry stomachs, do they remember to feed hers? 

The nanny talk tells me yes they do plan to have more kids, they're just getting staff in place. But seriously, the interesting point I took from this is that Auj needs a nanny because she she's spending all day with the baby doing her work and her writing and it's really not conceivable to either her or Jer for Jer to pick up the slack. Since she's the one pulling in the cash these days and the driving force behind the book, the website, the clothes, the oil selling.... If Jer wants to continue to putter at carpentry, and also wants several children, I guess he better agree to the nanny.

The "omg we're working so hard, we forget to eat, thats HOW HARD WE WORK OMG" stuff was a bit much particularly when some of that hard work is playing with their damn kid. I doubt it was their intent, and I do  think they love their child but damn they made her sound like a huge drag on their lives. 

3 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

It appears that all of Jeremy fans are fawning and begging him not to shave his head and cut his hair... This ass hat will probably back out and say he's doing it for his fans

Hopefully not because  its kind of asshole to not fulfill on a challenge. I would forgive it if he matched what was raised with his own money as a donation to save his hair.

• Love 5

I'm actually going to take Auj's side on this one. 

I don't know if I would ever be so blunt but... you know what? The basic fact is this. Izzie isn't a relative. She's not married to Jacob. She's not that child's aunt. She has as much *right* to refer to herself as "Ember Roloff's aunt" as I do - because we're both not relatives.

Ignoring the "Auj irritates the shit out of me" aspect - if these were pure strangers, yes, I totally see a mom's point. It's her child. Her husband's brother's girlfriend who may or may not marry into the family shouldn't be calling herself the child's aunt. She's not. Now, would I be so blunt to someone who was probably going to be family? No... but I also would *take the fucking hint* and accept the peccadillo point from the child's actual parents without passive aggressively complaining about them.

Auj needs to learn some manners but frankly so does Izzy, because this particular controversy is due to Izzy's passive aggressive public complaining. 

• Love 6

Does this couple ever actually stay home? They just went to Bend for Christmas and now they took a week long trip again? 

As to Izzy... I believe she and Jacob are engaged. Amy more or less refers to her as a daughter in law.    It’s obvious Jacob and Izzy aren’t genuflecting at Audrey’s feet.  I think that’s more the issue than someone referring to themselves as Aunt.  Heck. I’ve seen people’s close friends referred to as aunt by the next generation. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 7

The real issue is, Auj wants to live in Bend.  Guess what? They can!  They moved back to be close to the farm for the show, they are no longer on the show, so why no move back to where you’re happiest?!

I really do think Jer believes he makes all the decisions in the family and Auj’s job is to raise the kids.  It’s because Matt and Amy had the same dynamic and as soon as the kids were raised Amy had enough.  But that dynamic is all Jer knows which is also probably the catalyst for beating 50 because he knows how it ends.

Its interesting that Auj is looking for advice on running a business with a spouse.  She seems to do all the heavy lifting but it’s Jer’s last name that gets them in the door to begin with.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

As to Izzy... I believe she and Jacob are engaged. Amy more or less refers to her as a daughter in law.    It’s obvious Jacob and Izzy aren’t genuflecting at Audrey’s feet.  I think that’s more the issue than someone referring to themselves as Aunt.  Heck. I’ve seen people’s close friends referred to as aunt by the next generation. 

Yeah, I think if Auj and Izzy were genuine friends she wouldn't think twice about letting Ember call her Aunt. Not that you have to be besties with all your in-laws, but I just don't see this name as something to make a stink about. The kid's too young to know what an aunt actually is and by the time she does, Izzy probably will be married to Jacob, so why the heck not start now?  I think everyone else already considers her part of the family and welcomes her with open, loving arms. If Jake and Izzy get divorced, will she make Ember stop calling her 'Aunt Izzy' since she would no longer be part of the family? The marrieds just have a burr up their collective butt about anything that doesn't fall in line with their beliefs or wishes.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I completely agree that there's some weirdness between the two couples. But at the end of the day, I don't believe this is a point where *Audrey* has to budge. Perhaps I am about to show my conservative side but you know what? Audrey, not Izzy, gets to decide who Audrey's child calls aunt. And it's not unreasonable to draw the line at unmarried girlfriends and boyfriends. Particularly if the unmarried girlfriend is the girlfriend of the brother in law  who has issues with your views. 

But seriously - and this is a point I agree with Judge Judy on - right now Izzy and Jacob are playing at being married. They're living together and screwing and doing everything like a married couple and passive aggressively whining that poor Izzy isn't being welcomed into the family as Jacob's precious wife.  Well, she's not his wife, she's his girlfriend who he bangs out of wedlock and they both surely have some awareness that in general their family doesn't approve of their lifestyle choice.

As much as I don't like Audrey, she has every right to make the call on what Izzy is in her daughter's life. If this is about marital status - well, how awful, Audrey actually believes Izzy shouldn't call herself a part of the family until she actually really commits to being a part of the family.

And Izzy, if Izzy really wants positive interactions with her sister in law, really needs to stop the passive aggressive whining about it because until she marries Jacob, she is not a Roloff and she's not that child's aunt and engaging social media in a "isn't this precious little me being adorbs in *wanting* to be an aunt and isn't my not actually a sister in law being kind of a mean bitch in denying me the right to claim her child as family simply because I am not actually family? How poorly I am being treated and how noble I am in bearing up under this horror?"

Honestly, Auj wins this one hands down. Jacob nd Izzy aren't married and Auj has every right to establish the line as "you need to be married to Jacob in order to call yourself my child's aunt". And I hate letting Auj win. 

• Love 6

It's pretty similar. But to be fair, Jeff Bethke's patter is pretty standard "millennial evangelical" anyway. He comes across a bit more genuine and humble, and his stance on social media is presented in a more... intelligent and reasonable manner? Let me put it this way - he recommends toning down one's use but isn't so militant about it. Or rather, not so braggy about how he absolutely keeps Sunday as no social media day, for example.

He and the wife definitely talk about setting up "rhythms" instead of goals, and pushes the "take time away to sit down and self analyze what you intend for the upcoming year" routine so yes, there's a lot of similarities. I just went thru the blog posts, I didn't listen to the podcasts because I honestly don't care that much but I have to agree with an earlier poster - the Bethkes do seem to have started first and Jeremy and Auj do seem to have almost identical terms and views and "rhythms", 

• Love 1
On 1/11/2019 at 8:30 PM, mythoughtis said:

Does this couple ever actually stay home? They just went to Bend for Christmas and now they took a week long trip again? 

I come from a culture and a social milieu where an elder female person, with whom you have an on going relationship is addressed as “Aunt First Name”, or one step away socially as “Ms First Name”. Being a biological or legal relative isn’t a requirement of being an “Aunt” or an “Uncle”. I remember being a young girl and finding an adult that did NOT want to be addressed as “Uncle” because I was not his niece (by blood or marriage) and being a bit confused (granted I was like 8). One of the things I dislike about the English language is that there’s no specific honorfic to replace “Aunt”, in Cantonese I’m a “yee yee”  .

Obviously Audrey does not come from this social milieu, and at the end of the day as @Rap541 stated above that Ember is HER child and Izzy should respect boundaries (regardless if she agrees, or if Audrey is just being a PITA). 

• Love 2

Podcast 11 – On Raising Kids, Now With Added Guests!

Guys, this is an hour and a half long so…Honestly, I expect some compensation. Message me and I will give you an address to send gift cards to.

This is about raising kids and running a business, so basically like all the other podcasts, only now with their long time friends Aaron and Jen Smith who are their super close friends we’ve never heard of who also run a podcast called Marriage After God? They’re super smart and super wise!

Point – I suspect this is totally a Zondervan related podcast as Aaron and Jen are coming out with a book at Zondervan.

They’ve known Jer and Auj for 4 years. They have done marriage ministry for 7 years and Jen loves writing and feels God called her.

It’s a lot of blather how hard their lives as entrepreneurs are, and a lot of talk about their mutual books and how hard it is to set boundaries. Jeremy notes that he and Auj want more children absolutely, but Jer was stunned at how hard it was to actually deal with his child. Auj likes Bend because people in Bend are like her and Jer, unlike their friends in Portland who work at Nike.

The couple, Aaron and Jen, have family bible time every night and this is somehow fascinating to Jer and Auj. I get the idea here, and I rather like that Aaron tells his kids “this is my favorite time of the day”, because that’s nice to hear.

Otherwise this was a lot of disorganized babble about running a business while dealing with children. Aaron and Jen seem like nice people. It’s just basically where Jer and Auj got their ideas for their own marriage ministry.

Blah blah blah Jeremy thinks phones are evil and distract him from his child and needs boundaries and honestly…. Jeremy, put the phone down if you don’t like it.

They end with asking about morning routines, which was blah, and life hacks, which led to a lengthy discussion  of baby wipes where everyone talked over each other. Then they blither on about intermittent fasting and how that’s all about self control.

The roses and thorns was also a lot of talking over each other but Jen’s rose was reading A Love Letter Life and everyone started squeezing and then there’s an ad for the book.

Wait, no, this wasn’t a rose.

Roses and thorns…. The couple missed a podcast. Rose? They have a book coming out. There’s a lengthy ad for their book.

Honestly, I was doing other stuff while listening. What I will say is that Aaron and Jen seem nicer than Jer and Auj.  This also really felt “publisher suggested”.

• Love 13

Having both listened and followed along with Rap’s gracious recounts of each episode, I must say how dumbfounded I am at how open Jer is about being a backseat father. I cant stand fathers who describe watching their own children as “babysitting.” Many of these podcasts focus on the good work of Jer giving Audrey “breaks” from time with Ember. Oh, please. You dont work away from home, and if anything, in addition to a mother role, Auj is brunting much of thier income via social media/oil businesses. There may be more to this story that we arent seeing, but judging by how much they like to share about themselves and all this “behind the scenes,” Im not so sure

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Tickytavvy said:

Having both listened and followed along with Rap’s gracious recounts of each episode, I must say how dumbfounded I am at how open Jer is about being a backseat father. I cant stand fathers who describe watching their own children as “babysitting.” Many of these podcasts focus on the good work of Jer giving Audrey “breaks” from time with Ember. Oh, please. You dont work away from home, and if anything, in addition to a mother role, Auj is brunting much of thier income via social media/oil businesses. There may be more to this story that we arent seeing, but judging by how much they like to share about themselves and all this “behind the scenes,” Im not so sure

I still think that Jer is being the father his father was to him.  In other words, the mom does everything and dad shows up (probably) for events that interest him.  Amy was the one running those kids to activities and school and trying to keep the house up while Matt was off on some scheme to get rich (which did work).  Jer didn't see teamwork from his parents so he has no idea how to implement it in his own marriage.  It's also probably why Beating 50 exists, he figures either he or Zach will get divorced because it happened to his parents. 

What's puzzling is that Auj seems supportive of the mindset  that she should do all of the work.  Maybe it's because she's very type A?  She runs the house, Ember and the Always more crap.  I'm guessing she wrote most of their book too.  All the while Jer is trying to figure out his morning routine of hiding for 2 hours while Auj gets the baby up and starts the housework...

• Love 16
7 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

I still think that Jer is being the father his father was to him.  In other words, the mom does everything and dad shows up (probably) for events that interest him.  Amy was the one running those kids to activities and school and trying to keep the house up while Matt was off on some scheme to get rich (which did work).

Agreed. I'm going to take a wild guess and say Auj's dad probably did something similar (as did mine to a point). I wonder if Audrey realizes she is in the "Jeremy is the man so he earned all the money and all Audrey did was mooch off her man, she did NOTHING" role that Amy get assigned. 

Jer didn't see teamwork from his parents so he has no idea how to implement it in his own marriage.  It's also probably why Beating 50 exists, he figures either he or Zach will get divorced because it happened to his parents. 

To be fair - I don't think Jeremy plans on divorce. I do think part of the problem is that Jeremy grew up in a home where women were never really considered to be "working".  I'm sure that when and if this marriage collapses, that Jeremy will be much like his father, throwing up his hands and wondering why his wife got tired of how awesome he is. 

What's puzzling is that Auj seems supportive of the mindset  that she should do all of the work.  Maybe it's because she's very type A?  She runs the house, Ember and the Always more crap.  I'm guessing she wrote most of their book too.  All the while Jer is trying to figure out his morning routine of hiding for 2 hours while Auj gets the baby up and starts the housework...

Because Auj and Amy are similar in one way - they were both raised that their job as a woman is to tend to her man and to be a mother. I mean, I think she really buys into the idea that now that she's married, she has to do all the baby stuff and run the house because she's the woman and she's married and if she doesn't manage, then she will be marked out as a *bad wife*. Bad wives end up divorced, and divorce is always the woman's fault because she should have pleased her man and didn't. Honestly, a LOT of Amy's misery post divorce was this mindset, this idea that everyone would basically blame her. I think a lot of her happiness and growing confidence in dealing with Matt is her realization that people aren't judging her as a bad wife and think she should have left Matt sooner. 

Auj being type A is why I think she's probably going to throw in the towel a lot sooner than Amy did. I think Auj is going to come up for air one day and realize she's doing all the work while Jeremy contemplates how courageous he is to not eat breakfast until a certain time of day. The Always More stuff, the MLM oils thing, the blog that she clearly does most of the work on, and the book that I strongly suspect she wrote? One day she's going to realize that she's doing all the work.

I just doubt it will be soon because they still have money to cut down *her* work load. One thing I found myself wondering while listening to this current podcast was while the other couple was going on about how busy they were with four kids under the age ten was 'do these people know Jer and Auj are planning to get a nanny?' Because they've got just one kid and a lot more safety net than this couple. 

• Love 11

Ohgodplease what contrived  bullshit from start to finish. 

I don't buy Audsie's cute little story about herself and her toys and I don't believe her kid stuffed herself into that buggy with all those toys and the cat on top of her. Oddball did it just for a picture. No great need to educate the tot about the need too make room for herself. All she needs to worry about is making mom stop using her as a market tool.

• Love 21

I just sort of adore how Audrey lists her flaws as doing too much, committing to things, and *overachieving*.

I mean, Jesus Christ, really Audrey? You *achieve too much*? You need to step back from being such an overachiever?

Do you ever read your little missives on how you are too damn wonderful? And your goal this year is to step back from overachieving?

Wait, if you ever reconsidered your words, you might notice the spelling errors. 

• Love 19
10 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I just sort of adore how Audrey lists her flaws as doing too much, committing to things, and *overachieving*.

I mean, Jesus Christ, really Audrey? You *achieve too much*? You need to step back from being such an overachiever?

Do you ever read your little missives on how you are too damn wonderful? And your goal this year is to step back from overachieving?

Wait, if you ever reconsidered your words, you might notice the spelling errors. 

5 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

If humble brag was in the dictionary, Audrey would be used an example. Almost everything she writes is a thinly veiled screed about how awesome she is. Even her flaws are not really flaws!

Exactly. 

Over achieving isn't really a problem or flaw in and of itself.    It's the pushy, controlling, demanding, insensitivity that often goes along with it which irritates the people around you that is the problem. As well as the stress you create in the environment by never being satisfied.

I can't say I'm surprised Audrey prefers to flatter herself and describe herself the way she does.  Articulating anything truly insightful that demonstrates an awareness of how annoying she is might make her sound less than perfect and we can't have that.

• Love 8

Uhhh...i mean I  still think it's weird for Izzy and Jacob to suddenly stop following them. I looked into it and Jer follows them but Auj doesnt.  

Why wouldn't they want to see pics of their niece Ember??

• Love 1

So, in her mind, abide = saying no to things and making more room for herself. And making more room for herself = hiring a nanny to do her child-rearing for her, so she can romp around and have more free time/photo sessions/gazing into each other’s eyes/etc. If she wants to do less and accomplish less this year, all while being more present, why do they need to hire help? 

• Love 4

I hate myself for clicking through the pictures with all the stuffed animals  but if the 3rd and 5th had thought bubbles above Ember's head, they would say "why the fuck did you stuff me into this chair with all my stuffed animals and then let the cat crawl on top of it too?"

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Gennacide said:

Uhhh...i mean I  still think it's weird for Izzy and Jacob to suddenly stop following them. I looked into it and Jer follows them but Auj doesnt.  

Why wouldn't they want to see pics of their niece Ember??

Frankly, I assume Auj has a more private Instagram or social media account for real friends and family.

That said, I do not follow Auj or Jeremy on Instagram but I can always go and look at the photos as a guest.

With THAT said, Izzy and Jacob aren't two lil innocent farm kids who ain't got no idea what social media is or how to whip up a crowd. Thats true of Jeremy "I hate social media and OMG MY ANALYTICS" Roloff and Auj "#ad and btw I'm so spiritual and driven and OMG MY ANALYTICS!" Roloff.... so everyone isn't a dumb kid with no idea how social media works and more to the point, everyone involved has SOME awareness that they are not anonymous "randoms" that are only followed by actual friends. They all know that fans watch these accounts, and actual news media watches these accounts. 

One of three things is going on.

1. Izzy just got bored with Auj's constant ads to fans. This is the most reasonable possibility.

2. Izzy and Jacob are making a public passive aggressive power play to show Jer and Auj their displeasure at the idea that the marrieds don't consider Izzy acceptable because of her slutty ways and don't want her calling herself a member of the family until she actually marries Jacob. This is possible but if true - then Jacob and Izzy need to grow the fuck up. They're NOT married so no, Izzy aint that child's aunt and while I think Jer and Auj are both hypocrits on the sleeping around before marriage, you know what? A lot of people not just Jer and Auj don't approve of couples living together and being married in everything but name and legalities. Trust me, Judge Judy ain't no fan of shacking up either, and Izzy and Jacob are old enough to deal with someone not approving of them without throwing petty passive aggressive fits. 

3. The least likely but again, not one of these idiots is a forlorn Amish teen with no idea how all this works. It's entirely possible they're all just fucking with the public. Trust me , they don't have much respect for fans and they have Daddy Matt's "I love fucking with you until you beg me for details" example to work with. Never assume any of them are telling the truth. 

• Love 2

I'm curious how they will present that. I mean, let me be honest, I personally could care less in the grand scheme of things. I also certainly don't have absolute proof they are "born again" and not real virgins when they married but there's evidence to strongly suggest they were not. 

Depending on whether you believe the poster on reddit who professed to be something of an insider - Jeremy slept with his first girlfriend Sarah (she was briefly on the show in season one) and Sara finds his claims of virginity amusing.

Jeremy was known to be flirty and *aware* that women were attracted to him and likely had ample opportunity to engage. He also was clearly not raised in a home that valued male virginity - his father Matt was rather openly telling him to sample the wares before buying the cow, that youth was the time to sow wild oats etc etc. And frankly Jeremy has never struck me as someone capable of a lot of self discipline. He spent his teen years on tv with fans adoring him. I wouldn't be shocked. 

Audrey I would give more of a chance of it. It sounds like she was raised in a relatively conservative home and her parents actively encouraged her religious stuff. (She refers to a group of her childhood friends as The God Squad because they were all so devout as children) At the same time, there are hints that Auj wasn't entirely qualified for a white wedding dress. There was a journal entry on her blog - long gone now but it was discussed online when she first began appearing on the show - where she refered to undertaking 'a year of celibacy' to step back from her wild ways at college. There's the reality that she does refer to her time in college as a sort of constant nonstop bacchanalian rave parties where life was a long contest of raunchy debauchery.

I don't really care if they were virgins but I dislike the idea that even if they were genuine virgins, that they think that is something they should brag about and that it makes them better than the dirty whores who didn't stay clean for marriage. But it does get irritating when they are primly looking down their noses at others when it's probably a lie or a denial on their part.  

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

I don't really care if they were virgins but I dislike the idea that even if they were genuine virgins, that they think that is something they should brag about and that it makes them better than the dirty whores who didn't stay clean for marriage. But it does get irritating when they are primly looking down their noses at others when it's probably a lie or a denial on their part.

Bravo to your entire post.

• Love 5

Holy cow.  Must we have a video crew and a home visit by a barber to memorialize this?  I don't even post on Facebook when I get a haircut . . . and I do LOTS of check-ins.

But at least Jer looks like a young man who could be hired for something sensible.  Quick, Jer . . . go look for a job!!!!

• Love 10