Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

She never had great skin. She's fair and she wears a LOT of makeup and that ages your skin. She's also outdoorsy which means sun damage. 

That said, I'm more fair than she is, and I am twenty years older and I look.... better? More gray hair but yeesh. 

• Love 3

if you look closely, the space between her legs had been colored in with the same shade as the couch behind her. Her posture is much more natural and comfotable here-too bad it couldnt have been be left at that...

Here too.

• Love 2

She should focus on photoshopping the wrinkles, instead of the legs. 

Jer always looked a bit smelly and silly with his long hair, but this new look just makes him look...sick? And it draws more attention to his odd eyebrows, imo. 

• Love 6

I admittedly know absolutely zero about photoshopping. I can see what you’re talking about in the costume pic, but that’s the only one. But, I’m certain she painstakingly critiques a ridiculous amount of photos from just one outing to choose the few that make her look the best and her family the most picture-perfect. 

Meanwhile, Jer posted another pic of him holding Ember up by her crotch. Why is that a thing with him? Not once has my husband ever even thought to hold our daughter that way. 

Edited by Shmoopaloop
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I don't care for it either but its actually not some weird "Jer and Auj only" thing - people did it all the time on Toddlers and Tiaras. 

Not a show I ever watched but from what I know of it that doesn't make it any less creepy to me.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:22 PM, Shmoopaloop said:

Honestly, I’m not trying to be intentionally mean and bash. But, I zoomed in and holy shit, Auj is looking so haggard for not even 30. 

It's the running and not eating very much.

• Love 2

Actually I think the tv show rather carefully hid the religious nature of the Roloff family. Matt is not, in my opinion, very religious, but he totally knows how to kiss religious conservative ass. Amy *is* religious, and she was the one who insisted on religious private school for the kids.

All the kids, with Jacob the mild exception, tend towards the religious right

• Love 1

Eh, lives with his religious and conservative mama and makes vague passive aggressive swipes at his big bro. Don't get me wrong, I have no great issue with Jacob but he's hardly standing firm and tall against the family.

And he's getting a little old to not have a job or any ambition. Traveling/living in a van is lovely, but it's not a career.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Eh, lives with his religious and conservative mama and makes vague passive aggressive swipes at his big bro. Don't get me wrong, I have no great issue with Jacob but he's hardly standing firm and tall against the family.

And he's getting a little old to not have a job or any ambition. Traveling/living in a van is lovely, but it's not a career.

"Never get a full time job". Bill Nye. Good for Jacob. It is way too east to fall into a career at a corporation and there goes your life. Full time job, mortgage for what is most likely a mediocre and styleless home, couple of kids that have to be stuck in daycare, low level designer good like Coach and Pandora, credit card debt, boredom, etc.  He should put it off as long as you can. I have a big job with a major telco for 20 years and getting laid off was the best thing that ever happened to me!

• Love 4

It has it's charms, spanky, as I am contemplating it myself, but I am also questioning whether Jacob is mooching off his mom or not. He's a grown man with no discernable handicaps so he should be supporting himself. 

Ah, man! I wish I had $1,000 dollars to spend on a desk for an office that is occasionally used to record a podcast that may or may not come out once week depending on if I need a vacation from my vacation. 

(They linked the the desk on their stories) P.s. the run on sentence is an homage to Jer’s writing style. 

8980157A-93D3-4D20-8C4C-A19A640BFB81.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Podcast 13 – A Q&A aka We’re Running Out Of Things To Say

So, they missed last week but they asked their Instagram followers to ask questions because that’s ALWAYS hard hitting and they will answer questions in a carefully curated way. Jeremy notes that now that they have a bunch of questions, that’s a lot less work for ideas for the podcast. Also Auj notes they didn’t prepare answers at all!

Question one: Auj, how did you know Jeremy was the one? Auj laughs and says she and Jer don’t believe in the idea of just one person out there to marry. She then quotes John Mark Comer’s book Loveology. John Mark Comer is a very conservative preacher in their area of the world.

Question two – Do you ever argue about money? Yes, says Jer. The arguments come when they aren’t good about budgeting or when they look at the checking account and see a low balance. Point – in other words they argue about money because they don’t communicate about what they are doing with money which btw is exactly how Jeremy was raised. Beware Auj, Jer just smiled when his dad told him he was gonna lie to his wife about making a big purchase.

Question three – What did you do to prepare for marriage? Read the book they are putting out, basically. Mentorships, reading books, having friends, basically observing others. This goes on forever.

Question four – Where did you go on your honeymoon? An all inclusive trip to Jamaica, which they both loved because it was so easy.  

Question five – How do you plan your week together? The marriage journal of course and they plan their social week. Also there’s a large wall calender! And google calender! And there’s more calendars! They plan and schedule and schedule and plan! Honestly it sounds a lil OCD.

Question six – How do you pray together? Jeremy laughs and snots “we pray” in a duh voice. To be fair he then gives a nice tip on how to encourage a spouse who doesn’t want to pray with you (hold hands, pray out loud).

Question seven – Top five things you recommend OTHER than the marriage journal? Find a mentor couple, build out a mission statement and official values for your marriage (which sounds ridiculous), decide on rhythms, find community in the form of other married couples and have friends you both met and know. And you know, the marriage journal! And also talk about financial issues. They wrote out their beliefs on money…

Question eight – How do you keep the marriage exciting? They giggle how they are so exciting the whole time but then note they need to leave room for spontaneity. They do this by… scheduling Family Fun Day.

Question nine – Long distance relationships, how do you manage? Well, read the book because they so get into it there! They disagree on how often they were apart – Auj says they went three months without seeing each other. Jeremy notes that happened ONCE and that he was usually back in Oregon every few weeks. Which considering the cost, that tells me that Jer has no idea what it’s like to go away to school in a different state and deal with the awkward reality that you can’t afford flying home every other weekend. Anyway, Jeremy insists he was home often while Auj says three month stretches happened often… which makes me wonder if he was coming home but not telling her. Also, long distance relationships aren’t the same as real time relationships, just in case you’re a moron.

Question ten – Starting your own business as a stay at home mom, any advice? Auj gives the awesome advice of “get a nanny” which is HILARIOUS. I mean, that’s SO REALISTIC! Jeremy cuts her off to note that he does occasionally take his child for a walk and puts her down for a nap so Auj gets that time to work on the business stuff. Such a sacrifice he makes! Have I mentioned that while I genuinely believe Auj spends a lot of time organizing her clothing sales and dealing with the oil business, I still have no idea what Jeremy’s “work” is.

Question eleven – Go to meal for lunch or dinner? They eat take out curry twice a week. Jeremy makes grilled chicken salad, Auj likes avocado toast.

Question twelve – Hardest thing about being a new parent? Jeremy equates being a parent to loving Christ and a journey of self growth and this is actually a point where… if you’re going to try for the deep thoughts, you need to be able to articulate them well enough for people to understand. I have an idea of where he was going with this but I sure didn’t get it from his words. They need to prepare their thoughts more, it’s really clear that the podcast happens with the two of them just sitting down and blathering. Jer also sagely notes how having a child effects how much time he has for his own things. Auj finds making decisions about the child difficult, what choice is the right choice? I find myself seriously wondering since she mentions not wanting “to get into it” and also vaccinations, if lil Ember is or isn’t vaccinated for measles.

Question thirteen – First impressions of each other? Jeremy was intrigued but Auj notes that in the book Jeremy says something different, to the effect that he’d make out with her. He found her extremely magnetic (he said the same about Janae btw). Auj was impressed that he had manners and held the door and that he was the boy version of her. But not love at first sight – you better read the book!

Question fourteen – Does Ember watch tv? She didn’t watch tv for the first year of her life. Auj notes that Jeff Bethke says there’s exceptions for tv – travel, when you’re sick, or special occasions. As near as I can tell, they didn’t really say how much screen time Ember gets. I assume they don’t count the non stop photoshoots for Instagram.

Question fifteen – How to find a mentor? Jeremy says just ask, basically,

Question sixteen – Did you wait till marriage until you got physical? Oh this is awkward. They won the virginity battle but lost the purity battle and “messed up”. BUT YOU NEED TO READ THE BOOK FOR THIS STORY!. Because Auj defines her life by endless rules and regulations, I suspect “purity” means something like French kissing or blow jobs.

Question seventeen – What did you major in college for? Auj majored in Entrepreneurship and Marketing of course, while Jeremy majored in Photography.

Question eighteen – Why aren’t you on the show any more? They both sneer that they already did a podcast on that so go listen there.

Question nineteen – How did you come up with Ember’s name? They fell in love around campfire embers so…

Question twenty – how do you remain approachable to people who are skeptical about God? Jeremy thinks this is cultural and a cultural moment, and Christians are of course in the middle. Now if you follow Jesus’s views, and do as Jesus does, you should just be approachable as Jesus was. They LOVE talking to people who don’t believe as they do. This is a lot of regurgitated babble.

Question twenty one – First job? Auj worked at Anthropoligie and Nike, and then a wine distributer, Gallo. Jeremy did yardwork and then had his wedding photo business in college and apparently doesn’t count the show or pumpkin season, no surprise there. Jeremy notes how unconventional his work history is.

Question twenty two – When did you become a Christian – Jeremy converted when he was eight or ten, he’s unsure but it was some sort of revival thing with Louis Plow? (not sure of the name) Auj prayed with her mom at age four. Jeremy tries to quote C. S. Lewis.

Question twenty three – Are you Dave Ramsey fans? Yes, says Jeremy

Question twenty four – What about home church? Jeremy again thinks this would be a great podcast all on its own and cultural moment and moment in history, rhythms, omg its all so incredible Jeremy babbles  and babbles. Auj prods him to explain the idea of homechurch. Per Jer, it was church in home, there was structure, and elders, and people were instructing and they will likely do a podcasts. Read the book of Acts, basically. Jeremy chides America for “spectator Christianity” where people show up to church and listen to a pastor, talk to friends, “grab a donut and leave”. He notes that there’s no growth in that and these people are Christians but not able to defend the faith and… WOW, Jeremy’s shining arrogance is stunning, absolutely stunning. What a complete asshole he is, he’s discovered something he likes so how other people find God is crap and he has the shining right to judge them as wrong and not as good as he is at being Christian. He’s planning a whole podcast apparently on how he’s a good Christian and those who don’t worship as he does are bad Christians who aren’t growing, and boy that should be hilarious. Basically he ends with how these people are attracted to the donuts and good music and like the scum they are, if the music and donuts is cut off they will all leave Jesus, unlike him and his pure home church.

Question twenty five – Essential oils? Auj got into it a few years ago, when she got pregnant she became one of those “everything has toxins” people and I so bet Ember isn’t vaccinated, and she describes herself as “crunchy”. She notes the business side has been a blessing and that the income replaced the show income. Which pretty much means Auj is supporting Jeremy.

Question twenty six – do you get paid to do the podcast? No, no, no, this is all for the fans to enjoy and isn’t a book advertisement at all! And there may be sponsors in the future.

Question twenty seven – last question – How did you come up with the name of your book? Huh, look at that advertisement. They mention the book title and how it will help people and how awesome it is. They also do a rambling comparison of love letters to actual love complete with complaints about social media.

Roses and thorns!

Thorns! -Jeremy’s was going on a run and feeling like crap. Auj’s thorn was missing the podcast last week.

Roses! Jeremy did interviews for the book and was enjoying working on the marriage journal. Auj’s rose was dinner with friends who btw they don’t align with them in beliefs, they are so open minded!

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Question twenty two – When did you become a Christian – Jeremy converted when he was eight or ten, he’s unsure but it was some sort of revival thing with Louis Plow? (not sure of the name) Auj prayed with her mom at age four. Jeremy tries to quote C. S. Lewis.

Luis Palau.  Pretty well known in the world of Christian evangelists.

1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Podcast 13 – A Q&A aka We’re Running Out Of Things To Say

So, they missed last week but they asked their Instagram followers to ask questions because that’s ALWAYS hard hitting and they will answer questions in a carefully curated way. Jeremy notes that now that they have a bunch of questions, that’s a lot less work for ideas for the podcast. Also Auj notes they didn’t prepare answers at all!

I appreciate your recaps of their stupid podcasts. Is there a rating system such as number of viewers compared to other podcasts? I was wondering whether they are gaining or losing followers.  

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Tidbit said:

I appreciate your recaps of their stupid podcasts. Is there a rating system such as number of viewers compared to other podcasts? I was wondering whether they are gaining or losing followers.  

Their behind the scenes podcast Instagram has alot of followers, but hardly any comments and likes anymore.   It's @behindthescenespodcast if you want to look it up. 

behindthescenespodcast

Have you ever wondered.... how I knew Jeremy was “the one,” if we argue about spending money, what we did to prepare for marriage, what we reccomend to newly married couples, advice for dating in college, the biggest challenges we face as new parents, our first impressions of each other, and how we came up with title for our book? We are answering all your most commonly asked questions in today’s episode of our podcast! Click the link in our bio to tune in or listen wherever you listen to podcasts😉 If we didn’t answer your question, comment it below and we might use one of your questions for a future episode! P.s. here is the behind the scenes of the new office/studio 👏🏻 #behindthescenespodcast#btsposcast #beating50percent #journeyofjerandauj

A5B9A361-F89B-44BA-A27B-EA1F8C31DD0B.jpeg

I hope that's not the case. Measles isn't something to fuck around with. I mean, there's a reason we were hell bent on developing a vaccine for it.... all the dead kids and all the kids with severe disabilities after measles.

• Love 5

Another SNL clip that is the ridiculousness that is Jeremy and Auj. They are the living embodiment of mockable at this point. You know Auj would be all about the outfit. 

And now that I've seen how she has to stand and contort her body to get the thigh gap just right, I'm thinking that it explains her love of the ugly heavy ass boots. They are keeping her feet planted so she doesn't fall over head first!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

I hope that's not the case. Measles isn't something to fuck around with. I mean, there's a reason we were hell bent on developing a vaccine for it.... all the dead kids and all the kids with severe disabilities after measles.

And we’re currently having a measles outbreak in Portland, around 30 kids or so. 

My husband and I have been married roughly as long as Jer/Aud and also have a young daughter. I still think of us as newlyweds, and when I think of our marriage so far, I think of how much freaking fun it is. I have no doubt we will have hard times and struggle and detest each other, and that we will find hard work in those times. But right now? Marriage is a hoot. 

So I read their posts and how everything is a struggle and a trial and has to be discussed and journaled and prayed over as nauseum and I think, man, where’s the fun? They don’t work, which affords them the time to obsess over themselves— is that the problem? They have to create problems because their life is so privileged? Why are they like this? Do they even LIKE this life? 

They’re just so young to be this bleak. Jeremy is simmering with anger and Audrey is headed for a nervous breakdown, and it’s like, WHY? You have youth, resources, health, and your family. Why are you so miserable? I don’t get it!

• Love 22

Jeremy and Auj are really going to suffer a crisis of faith one of these days- both in Religious beliefs and in each other.  All these rules and regulations.  Life is not all ‘black and white’ or ‘ totally clear and totally not see thru’.  There’s a whole lot of grey and murkiness in Life. I learned a long time ago that my beliefs and values weren’t the only correct ones in the universe, or even on my block, and often mine are wrong. I don’t care that they only associate with people like them, I do care that they are so rude and obnoxious out loud in a podcast.  Their brand of Christian isn’t the only path to heaven. Their brand of living rules  will choke the life out of their marriage and friendships. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I do care that they are so rude and obnoxious out loud in a podcast.  Their brand of Christian isn’t the only path to heaven.

Agreed and I am a little tired of "we're not experts, oh dear jesus Christ in heaven may he be praised, we are NOT saying we are experts!" coming out of their mouths while Jeremy happily and arrogantly brayed like an ass that "spectator Christians" are worshipping wrong and accomplishing nothing.

I mean, for real here, this little grinning douche canoe just shit on anyone who doesn't do as he does. He didn't qualify it at all, he said straight up that these people are not able to defend the faith and there's no growth in attending formal church. Only his home church has the right idea! Anyone not following Jesus like Jeremy does is NOT growing in faith.

So, how about Jeremy "The Pastor and Man of God" Roloff tell us how he grows in faith and what he does to lead others to Christ?

Because he sure as shit can't have us all attend his home church and thats the only way people can grow in faith, per Jeremy and I didn't hear this little piece of shit even try to be humble on this point. 

I fear that life might smack Jeremy hard at some point. 

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I don’t wish ill on folks, and I certainly don’t want to invite bad karma, but I do find a small amount of pleasure in arrogance being put in its place.  Yes, I think I would buy a ticket to see that.  😉

• Love 5
On 2/1/2019 at 7:33 AM, heatherchandler said:

Who believes that she likes to wake before sunrise to read her bible?  I am SO not buying that.

Do you have any idea how freakin cold it is there? And wet?

Jer reminds me of Forest Gump sometimes

On 2/10/2019 at 4:35 PM, Rap541 said:

Yes please! Yes Please!!

• Love 4
On 2/7/2019 at 6:28 AM, ginger90 said:

behindthescenespodcast

Have you ever wondered.... how I knew Jeremy was “the one,” if we argue about spending money, what we did to prepare for marriage, what we reccomend to newly married couples, advice for dating in college, the biggest challenges we face as new parents, our first impressions of each other, and how we came up with title for our book? We are answering all your most commonly asked questions in today’s episode of our podcast! Click the link in our bio to tune in or listen wherever you listen to podcasts😉 If we didn’t answer your question, comment it below and we might use one of your questions for a future episode! P.s. here is the behind the scenes of the new office/studio 👏🏻 #behindthescenespodcast#btsposcast #beating50percent #journeyofjerandauj

A5B9A361-F89B-44BA-A27B-EA1F8C31DD0B.jpeg

Jer looks like he’s trying for that thigh gap too!

• Love 2

Podcast 14 – Come Celebrate How Awesome We Are!

It’s coming up on Valentines Day so guess what? It’s all about relationships and Valentines day!

Auj is all “I got Jer’s permission to introduce the podcast” because she needs to portray to the public that he’s the leader of the family. They are stoked for Valentines Day because they launched Beating 50 Percent which they love! (Btw as near as I can tell, they have not written their own articles on the blog since June 2017 and there hasn’t been a new article at all since June 2018 so….) Any way, 36 questions and also the super amazing three sentence love stories that they created.

They take turns planning anniversary and Valentine’s Day events. Jeremy is planning Valentines. Apparently, they had a hard time realizing the other existed in their prior attempts to just surprise each other. My vibe based on Auj’s blog entries is she got tired of planning something amazeballs while Jeremy dealt with holidays last minute and on the fly and dealt with that by, yup, putting her man on a schedule! Sure enough they natter on about love languages and communication and not meeting expectations. Auj notes *she likes gifts damn it!* and Jeremy of course loves constant positive affirmation in the form of constant written notes. They are all about “expectation management” Mostly because Auj really wants gifts, apparently.

They also note that singles may not be into the holiday and talk over each other in how the podcast will benefit the lonely singles who haven’t gotten themselves into a perfect marriage like them. They have five free romantic ideas! First, the fifteen second kiss! Basically kiss for 15 seconds. Not ten, not 20, but 15! Be INTENTIONAL about it. Next idea? Write love letters to each other. In fairness, I like this idea. Until it totally turns into “then hashtag it to “a love letter life!” and I recall my belief this podcast is an ad. Of course choice three is recite your wedding vows to each other... Oddly they don’t get into how *erotic* they find this practice. Fourth thing is make love somewhere new. This is awkward as they discuss planning out the new place and how planning this random new lovemaking is so spontaneous. Fifth, do the 36 questions that they have been whining about the whole podcast. Throughout this

They go on about some study that basically says with shared self disclosure, random strangers will fall in love. Auj btw can’t pronounce the word “reciprocal”. Jeremy of course finds this all “very interesting” and they talk over each other a bit over the article they read about the 36 questions. Somehow this segue ways into Auj warning women to not share out their private info on a first date. Oh jeez the 36 questions are broken into sets of three and its all so organized and they love how ordered it is and be careful with it… Jeremy is of course reminded of his sage wisdom in his book A Love Letter Life, that if you can fall IN love, you can also fall OUT of love. Honestly, they are hitting all their clichés and talking over each other. I am waiting for “pressing in” to come up. Auj draws it back to the article where this woman doing the questions is amazed at how the questions helped her. This is accomplished by Auj actually reading the article to us. She then relates it to Timothy Keller. Jer tells us to keep listening to Auj. They then praise each other a bit. Then they read us some of these magical questions. The questions, to be fair, are fairly deep but this seems like a lot for one date. As Auj reads questions, Jeremy is muttering “interesting” throughout.

Out of no where Jeremy notes that talking to your friends and being more open is accomplished *looking up from your phone*. He’s so smugly proud of this point. Then, almost in the same breath, recommends their Instagram, but screws up and recommends the wrong one, corrects himself, and notes how they have so many instagrams, its really hard to keep track of them all. Yeah… we’re the ones with the phone problems.

They note that they are almost five years married and four years into the beating 50% website and they launched with three sentence love stories. Which they insist they came up with and also people are copying them but they don’t mind. Auj notes there’s a lot of crap on the internet (her words not mine) and to flood the internet with love stories is a reaction. Basically, write your three sentence love story, and post it to their hashtags. They read theirs. Jeremy’s is clearly a LOT more than three sentences. Audrey’s is also more than three sentences and they go on and on. Then they read other peoples stories. Not recapping because a) I find it dull and b) I doubt Jer and Auj asked these people permission. This goes on and on. They then encourage everyone to use their hashtags and post on Valentines Day. Oh hey guess what? If you post your story, you MIGHT win an advance copy of their book! BUT YOU MUST USE THE HASHTAGS!!!! THIS IS NOT AN AD!!!!

Roses and thorns!

Auj’s thorn? There’s a lot of planning about the book and hilariously note that there’s a lot going on behind the scenes. Jer basically agrees that’s his thorn, along with staying up late.

Roses? Auj’s rose is the office! It’s so nice! Jer’s is also the office and the routine they are finalizing with the nanny and Dan.

There’s a lengthy ad for the book. There’s a website and there’s freebies, including Jeremy’s presets for Light Room. There’s date night ideas. A playlist of songs. 50% off the marriage journal! They love their listeners!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

69154C25-11B2-4DE9-9EB6-11BC63B21CE2.jpeg

audreyroloff

We’ve been in Seattle the past few days recording our audio book for A Love Letter Life!💌 Are you an audiobook listener?! If so, you can pre-order the audio book (or hardcover) RIGHT NOW and claim a bunch of epic freebies we are giving away!!!

Click the link in my bio to pre-order,
and you’ll also receive:

💌The first 2 chapters of our book in advance 💌52 creative date night ideas
💌Spotify playlist of our favorite love songs
💌50% off The Marriage Journal™️
💌Exclusive Love Letter Life Lightroom presets + tutorial created by @jeremyjamesroloff 

Go pre-order now and get all these fun freebies just in time for Valentine’s Day💗 #ALoveLetterLife

48DD2DF0-7806-40AA-8C2C-3E2DB5E26231.jpeg

jeremyroloff

Day two of recording our audio book up in Seattle! I am so stoked to get this out and into the world. If you haven’t seen, the book website just launched (link in bio) and one of the FREE things we are giving away to all who pre-order the book is the first few chapters! Yes, you heard that right.🙌🏼 Also, I’m giving away a free Lightroom preset pack! Visit ALoveLetterLife.com to check out the freebies and pre-order!

2 hours ago, Gennacide said:

That pronunciation of "reciprocal" from ODD was so fucking embarrassing and cringe worthy. Why wouldn't you edit that out? 

That was awful but I give her credit for at least acknowledging that she wasn't getting it right. 

In all honesty though, I really question whether any editing occurs on this podcast.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Basically kiss for 15 seconds. Not ten, not 20, but 15! Be INTENTIONAL about it.

One Mississippi. Two Mississippi.  Three Mississippi.

Yep, seems super romantic.

• LOL 3