Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I actually wondered whether she has some spine issue that keeps her slightly bent forward, but I took a quick look at her public Facebook page, and the only time she's bent like that is when there are straight-on pictures that require her to do so to emphasize the thigh gap.

ALWAYS MORE shenanigans.

And when that's not enough, it's photoshopped in.

• Love 4

Well, I was perusing the reddit and found an interesting tidbit on the "livesigning" of the books that they did online a few days ago. If you didn't know about this, apparently you could get a copy of the book for 30 dollars that would be signed by Jer and Auj and you could submit a question, and one lucky winner was going to get a phone call from Jer and Auj.

Like, ok, I'm actually not going to judge as I have stood in line to get all sorts of scifi memorabilia signed by famous people. If people like Jer and Auj that much that they want to spend 30 bucks for a signed copy, me and my DVD set of Jeremiah signed by Luke Perry aren't going to judge that. 

But here's the thing. Apparently, during the signing an attempt was made to call the winner of the phone call. There was no answer and Auj shrugs and says "Its their own fault!" and thats the end of that!

No "lets pick another winner", no "don't worry, we'll try again later".... and like, I get not committing a huge amount of time to it but jeez louis Jer and Auj? These are your people , the fans who like you enough to buy a signed copy of your book and you can't even pay lip service to the idea of making a second attempt? How completely rude and ungracious and yes, dismissive of your fans you are.

You know what I recall about Luke Perry? How kind and friendly he was to the fans who came to see him, even though it was mostly a pack of middle aged women at Dragoncon asking him to sign their 90210 stuff. How he made a point of complimenting me on my taste in shows as Jeremiah was really one of his lesser known roles and how he made a point of telling me a fun story about filming it. This is a guy who was genuinely "hordes of teens chasing him" famous at one point. 

Compare that to Jer and Auj and their "its their own fault!" attitude, Boy howdy are these two begging for a fall.

• Love 21

I was browsing on Amazon in the wee hours and noticed that A Love Letter Life is already tagged as a bestseller. I weep for humanity. 

(I wish that there was a way to exclude Chrisitan books from search results on Amazon. If that’s your thing, go on with your badass self. But it’s not mine, I’m really not sure how it relates to improving my personal productivity, and I don’t want to know. See also: personal finance. Rant over.)

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

I was browsing on Amazon in the wee hours and noticed that A Love Letter Life is already tagged as a bestseller. I weep for humanity. 

(I wish that there was a way to exclude Chrisitan books from search results on Amazon. If that’s your thing, go on with your badass self. But it’s not mine, I’m really not sure how it relates to improving my personal productivity, and I don’t want to know. See also: personal finance. Rant over.)

Don't weep.  I looked at Amazon, and they were the only "authors" I'd heard of before.  Given their TV show and social media presence, they probably had 20 pre-sales, compared to the 10 of the next one on the list.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Yes but....

A) They're going to have a nice bunch of sales because they were on a tv show. Matt's picture book was up there it's first few days of release. Go look now.

B) Amazon also has some really specific categories to where it starts to get a little meaningless. When I looked at A Love Letter Life earlier today it was #4 in "Christian Families". I mean, on Amazon you can be a best seller in "Dinosaur Erotica".

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’d like to be able to only see books written in a language I can read. When they show books by a favorite author that have been translated in German, for example, it does me no good.  I can’t read German. 

I have no intention of buying ( or even renting) Jer and Aujs book. Reading their Instagram pics posts that people share here is bad enough. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Yes but....

A) They're going to have a nice bunch of sales because they were on a tv show. Matt's picture book was up there it's first few days of release. Go look now.

B) Amazon also has some really specific categories to where it starts to get a little meaningless. When I looked at A Love Letter Life earlier today it was #4 in "Christian Families". I mean, on Amazon you can be a best seller in "Dinosaur Erotica".

I’d rather read the dinosaur erotica 

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Well, I was perusing the reddit and found an interesting tidbit on the "livesigning" of the books that they did online a few days ago. If you didn't know about this, apparently you could get a copy of the book for 30 dollars that would be signed by Jer and Auj and you could submit a question, and one lucky winner was going to get a phone call from Jer and Auj.

Like, ok, I'm actually not going to judge as I have stood in line to get all sorts of scifi memorabilia signed by famous people. If people like Jer and Auj that much that they want to spend 30 bucks for a signed copy, me and my DVD set of Jeremiah signed by Luke Perry aren't going to judge that. 

But here's the thing. Apparently, during the signing an attempt was made to call the winner of the phone call. There was no answer and Auj shrugs and says "Its their own fault!" and thats the end of that!

No "lets pick another winner", no "don't worry, we'll try again later".... and like, I get not committing a huge amount of time to it but jeez louis Jer and Auj? These are your people , the fans who like you enough to buy a signed copy of your book and you can't even pay lip service to the idea of making a second attempt? How completely rude and ungracious and yes, dismissive of your fans you are.

You know what I recall about Luke Perry? How kind and friendly he was to the fans who came to see him, even though it was mostly a pack of middle aged women at Dragoncon asking him to sign their 90210 stuff. How he made a point of complimenting me on my taste in shows as Jeremiah was really one of his lesser known roles and how he made a point of telling me a fun story about filming it. This is a guy who was genuinely "hordes of teens chasing him" famous at one point. 

Compare that to Jer and Auj and their "its their own fault!" attitude, Boy howdy are these two begging for a fall.

I love this for many reasons.  Your love of Luke Perry.  Your use of the term Bou Howdy (cause not enough people use it).  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, dariafan said:

I’d rather read the dinosaur erotica 

Having read Taken By The T-Rex and the first two chapters of A Love Letter Life, I am really hard pressed to say which is better.

3 hours ago, dariafan said:

I love this for many reasons.  Your love of Luke Perry.  Your use of the term Bou Howdy (cause not enough people use it).  

Then let me share another Luke Perry story! So I am at Dragoncon and he is supposed to be in a panel with Sean Astin (who was also on Jeremiah but is much better known for being in The Lord of the Rings trilogy) It's really pretty clear that most of the crowd is there for Sean and Sean had to bail at last minute for some reason that wasn't Sean being a jerk. (I don't remember why but I remember it was a reasonable cancelation reason).

Luke comes out about five minutes early and straight says that Sean had to bail and that if people wanted to leave to attend other panels, he certainly wasn't going to hold it against them and he knew there were some other popular panels set up for the same time so if people wanted to bail, head on out with his blessing. He was totally gracious and humble and even said really nice things about Sean even though he kinda got left holding the bag on the whole thing and just really impressed me as a person. Just a nice guy who really treated his fans decently and with respect.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Rap541 said:

What a fucking BITCH

• Love 3

I see that Jer and Auj relaxed on their Sabbath No Social Media rule in order to Instagram the heck out of their "book tour" yesterday.  Apparently the potentiality of selling some books outweighs the Sabbath. 

Also, on the box that they sent to friends/influencers w/ a copy of their book and sweatshirt, there is a quote "to find and still seek, now that is love" which is a total rip off of a quote by A.W. Tozer, a Christian author whom Jeremy claims to love (but I doubt could understand his writings...).  Of course, Jeremy and Audrey don't appropriately reference the author.

Nothing is an original thought of theirs.  Nothing

• Love 8

No no no, see, Jer and Auj celebrate the Sabbath on a day of *their* choosing, silly! If Sunday is needed for book sales, then they switch the Sabbath to a less busy day.

But let's not forget, the Sabbath celebration for them mostly involves them doing pleasurable activities like hiking or rock climbing or casual sex. It certainly doesn't involve church attendance or volunteering at their church.

So far the only vaguely original thought they've put out is the "Always believe in the more in you" and thats pretty standard motivational stuff. 

• Love 5

Today Amy announced she has a new book coming out, available now for pre-order.  She's been quiet about the fact that she was writing a book, unlike Jer and Auj who kept telling everyone who would listen about the book that they have "earnestly labored and prayed over for years."  Their book comes out on the same day the first episode of the new season of LPBW airs (first season they are not on).  Coincidence?  Hmmm?

And really, who do they think they are fooling with all the goings on about how much they will miss Ember, how hard and sad it is that they have to leave her behind for a week.  It's not like it's the first time they've left her overnight, as they have done at least a couple times over the past few months.  She'll probably barely notice they're gone since she's used to spending time with her four local grandparents, and Uncle Z and Aunt T.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Tzeitel said:

Today Amy announced she has a new book coming out, available now for pre-order.  She's been quiet about the fact that she was writing a book, unlike Jer and Auj who kept telling everyone who would listen about the book that they have "earnestly labored and prayed over for years."  Their book comes out on the same day the first episode of the new season of LPBW airs (first season they are not on).  Coincidence?  Hmmm?

And really, who do they think they are fooling with all the goings on about how much they will miss Ember, how hard and sad it is that they have to leave her behind for a week.  It's not like it's the first time they've left her overnight, as they have done at least a couple times over the past few months.  She'll probably barely notice they're gone since she's used to spending time with her four local grandparents, and Uncle Z and Aunt T.

Why are they leaving Ember behind though?  Couldn’t they have brought someone along to watch her while they work a half day?

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

Why are they leaving Ember behind though?  Couldn’t they have brought someone along to watch her while they work a half day?

Well, working half a day is probably doubling what they do when they're not on the road . . . and we know how working 1/4 of a day totally challenges them.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Ok, to throw them a small bone over taking the kid.... That tour is a lot of in and out of airports and airplanes and then going to bookstores that aren't always kid friendly. Whether the two imbeciles are just being lazy or not, it doesn't sound like a fun trip for a toddler when the kid could stay with loving grandparents and sleep in the same room each night

• Love 2
On 3/31/2019 at 9:13 PM, ginger90 said:

FF5D7ED5-E896-4693-96E7-6735ACCF7F71.jpeg

A5D90B24-8FE5-43A5-A33E-D6AF8F167DA2.jpeg

F171A5C7-3809-4124-B582-40E92AB292F5.jpeg

Personally, I'd like to see a picture of Auj climbing over the rail into Ember's crib. Either the "crib" is very big and strong or Auj is a mere wisp of a nimble being. 

While Auj probably misses her child, it's equally probable she's enjoying having someone else take over the childcare duties so she can be out doing adult things like self-promotion. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Personally, I'd like to see a picture of Auj climbing over the rail into Ember's crib. Either the "crib" is very big and strong or Auj is a mere wisp of a nimble being. 

Auj is so thin she looks like she doesn't weigh much more than Ember.

• Love 4
On 3/31/2019 at 4:35 PM, Rap541 said:

You know what I recall about Luke Perry? How kind and friendly he was to the fans who came to see him, even though it was mostly a pack of middle aged women at Dragoncon asking him to sign their 90210 stuff.

Three weeks ago I went to see Citizen Cope.  He stayed soooooo long afterwards signing ticket stubs, t-shirts, whatever you had!  omg, he was so gracious.  Me and my friend were in the last stragglers trying to get him to sign our shirts, the club security guys were trying to shoo us away... he was reaching OVER the security guys to get our shirts so that he could sign them!  The exact opposite of Jer & Auj.  Oh, and he has gobs of talent - also the exact opposite of Jer & Auj.

• Love 6
On 3/31/2019 at 1:35 PM, Rap541 said:

No matter how popular their book might be at the moment, these two are a fad. And fads are very popular for younger folks trying to find a direction in life. But the fad doesn't last long. Younger people get older and figure things out for themselves, without the help of the latest trendy "religious" couple telling them how to navigate through life. 

J&A are a fad. They will be smothered and crushed by the next couple that young people aspire to be. 

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Ok, to throw them a small bone over taking the kid.... That tour is a lot of in and out of airports and airplanes and then going to bookstores that aren't always kid friendly. Whether the two imbeciles are just being lazy or not, it doesn't sound like a fun trip for a toddler when the kid could stay with loving grandparents and sleep in the same room each night

I actually commend them for being bright enough to realize Ember would be miserable. 

What I am surprised about is that they have not started the ‘date night, put your marriage first’ homily that most  religious couples toss out. As hard as they seem to have to work at their marriage, you’d think date night would be one of their go to phrases. Isn’t that more important than the journal entries etc? 

Edited by mythoughtis
(edited)
On 3/31/2019 at 2:14 PM, MargeGunderson said:

(I wish that there was a way to exclude Chrisitan books from search results on Amazon. If that’s your thing, go on with your badass self

margegunderson, you have the gift of snark! I love it!

ETA: I know I'm going to catch lots of $hit for saying this, but that kid of theirs is NOT cute. Hopefully she'll grow out of it into cuteness.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 7

I'm not going to send a ton of shit your way because frankly I find both of the Roloff babies meh, but I do sometimes think Jackson is way over complimented while Ember gets a lot of grief simply because people don't like her parents. It's not their fault that their parents are shamelessly whoring them out on social media

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I find both of the Roloff babies meh, but I do sometimes think Jackson is way over complimented while Ember gets a lot of grief simply because people don't like her parents

Agree 100 percent! 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

margegunderson, you have the gift of snark! I love it!

ETA: I know I'm going to catch lots of $hit for saying this, but that kid of theirs is NOT cute. Hopefully she'll grow out of it into cuteness.

I don't think she's unattractive, but I don't think she's cute. It feels wrong to say a toddler has RBF, so whatever the toddler-appropriate verison is, she has it.  

Edited by Broken Ox
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Well I have to admit even though I hate to do so... I wanted to cancel my audible.com membership and I had all the books I'm interested in soooo I had one credit to use before I could cancel so I used it for "a love letter life"  😮

I doubt I'll listen to the whole thing but maybe it will be good for a few laughs.

• LOL 5
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

soooo I had one credit to use before I could cancel so I used it for "a love letter life"  😮

I suggest you fix yourself a stiff drink before attempting to listen to the audio (just kidding!) But, I am curious so you MUST report back to us here!😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Well I have to admit even though I hate to do so... I wanted to cancel my audible.com membership and I had all the books I'm interested in soooo I had one credit to use before I could cancel so I used it for "a love letter life"  😮

I doubt I'll listen to the whole thing but maybe it will be good for a few laughs.

Your Alexa might start the AI uprising over having to play that ..... anyone we should notify ????

• LOL 5
17 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

16 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I'm not going to send a ton of shit your way because frankly I find both of the Roloff babies meh, but I do sometimes think Jackson is way over complimented while Ember gets a lot of grief simply because people don't like her parents. It's not their fault that their parents are shamelessly whoring them out on social media

I've said that before - that I didn't find her particularly "cute", but am confident she will grow in to her looks.  I think once she gets a more full head of hair and more  teeth, she'll look different.  She appears to have inherited her mom's gummy smile, and I think that's part of the issue.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

248A482A-DDB2-4F13-9A77-2EA14E9875F2.jpeg

F2090B45-E7C9-4CB7-8359-7AE510E76F4E.jpeg

BDB110FA-9A2B-4E80-8A71-7AE83A919E34.png

I saw this while eating.... it did not go well ..... and of course there is the odd way of standing. Is there no one in her life to tell her it’s odd and does nothing for her ?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

and of course there is the odd way of standing. Is there no one in her life to tell her it’s odd and does nothing for her ?

How is she standing?

(edited)

That’s the outfits they chose for this momentous occasion? Including being on TV?  And they finished the ensembles with scruffy brown sandals/boots?   Since when do brown shoes go with black? I don’t even like brown shoes with dark blue. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

That’s the outfits they chose for this momentous occasion? Including being on TV?  And they finished the ensembles with scruffy brown sandals/boots?   Since when do brown shoes go with black? I don’t even like brown shoes with dark blue. 

Thank you! In the bookstore picture Jer looks like an old time preacher - pants too short and a frock coat. I finally saw it was a winter coat. I thought Auj's head looked bigger than Jer's. I think she is stretching her head forward or else she photo shopped a 'better' looking head/hair onto her body. Both her but combining 2 pictures into one. 

• Love 1