Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

Okay, so I consider myself to be the least nit picky person but I am really getting sick of Jeremy and Audrey. I've tried to listen to their podcast but, as someone who had been married fifteen years I'm nauseated by their giggling telling and retelling of their "dating story." Nobody gives a rats ass what you wrote on your arm in high school, auj! She thinks she's something else, that's for sure. 

• Love 10

I haven't had a chance to do a recap of the latest podcast (I will, I just have had other life events going on) but here's my not trying to be an asshole for the sake of just being an asshole comment on their dating story.

Auj and Jer vastly overestimate how amusing, entertaining, compelling, and unique their tale of dating is. Honestly, there's really not anything special in their various tales of how goddamn adorable they were... and thats not me slagging on them, it's just the basic truth of life. Your personal stories of how he did X and you did Y and that is how you knew you were meant to be... I suspect this will blow Jer and Auj's minds but most married couples have these equally adorable (and often equally boring) tales of how they got together. 

Likewise the "Always More" thing. Look, whatever gets you thru the day but having listened to 2/3s of the podcast already, I still don't think the bible verse Auj references means what she thinks it means, and while it's not a terrible catch phrase, I don't really get the feeling that Auj has ever had a life problem that wasn't easily solved. I buy Suze Orman's patter of self improvement and positivity because I know Suze has actually had some real problems in her life. Auj is an upper class woman who has hardly been thru the trials of Job and I question, seriously, if she'd be "Always believe in the more in you!" if she was looking at her own child dying of leukemia, or her own aging parent shitting their diapers because they don't remember to use the bathroom anymore. I mean, its easy to paint a smile on your face and scrawl Always MORE! in glitter on your arm when your worst trouble is your perfectly healthy baby crying a lot at night. It's easy to be a glowing example of positivity when you're wealthy and you keep yourself in a bubble where everyone around you is also young and healthy and well off. 

• Love 21

Episode 8 – “Always More, or rather How Clever and Special Auj Thinks She Is”

Just on the title I think this is basically an ad for Auj’s so inspirational line. Jer starts with how awesome everything about the podcast is and how close this podcast is to Auj’s heart! Jer is excited and thinks Auj has a lot to say!

Auj goes on about how Always More became her life mantra. She started writing it on her arm as motivation for running in high school. FYI this is so not a new story. Distance running btw is hugely mental for Auj. She was inspired by a quote from Erma Bombeck about using every bit of talent but hilariously never looked up who this person was (hilarious writer and humorist, wrote “The Grass is Always Greener Over The Septic Tank, amongst others). Anyway, Jeremy mocks her running because she’s on the podium getting a trophy for eighth place. She writes Ephesians 3:20 and this quote from Erma on notes. She then writes “Always believe you have immeasurably more to give, every step of the race” and then she wrote Always More on herself for EVERY RACE in high school and college to remind herself she can always do more through Christ….

Honestly this doesn’t really make sense but ok.

Auj then relates how she spray painted her old running shoes and wrote always more on them and then threw them at various places she used to go to show she was leaving a season of life… Again, this isn’t making a lot of sense but as someone here once put “Oh. So, you litter. Creatively.” I mean really, one person’s profound statement is, in this case, a pair of worn out spraypainted sneakers thrown on someone else’s property. Yay? Does Auj realize she’s creating work for people? I know she’s taken pictures of the sneakers thrown over power lines. Does lil miss “I’m spezshul” understand that costs money to deal with?

Jeremy found it awesome that she time stamped her moments this way. He then goes on about how when they dated, their first date, Jer brings shoes? And asks her about her old shoes, she does, and they tied their old shoes together and threw them on some country road to “timestamp” their first date. Oh. So, you both litter. Creatively. (sigh) They think this is so deep and amusing and romantic. They actually did this several times and I am like how many shoes does Auj have for running?

She would, in college, write Always More and then coat it with sparkly nail polish to attract more attention. Some of her teammates started to do it too, and she listened to a song and over time she realized how awesome she was. Jer asked if she ever did it for a non sport thing and of course over time the words became her life mantra. She has a special daily prayer that she reads to us. Jer says “Super good prayer, Babe”. Its now her mission, her ministry, something that she carries everywhere, it was even written on her on her wedding day. But discreetly, people! I mean, it was a wedding! She then reads her wedding vows that include her always more views. She notes that her vows inspired the marriage website beating 50. She apparently did not have an erotic moment while reading her wedding vows for us.

Then of course she wrote Always More on her arm when she started labor. She’s not going to tell us her labor story, but then she does. She kept looking at her written words on her arm and was inspired and also her room number at the hospital was 320 and always more theoretically comes from Ephesians 3:20 so that was God putting everything in place to let her know she was special.

Jeremy sagely notes this all went over his head, that he didn’t notice the special sign from God.

He then prods Auj to explain how Always More is now much bigger than just her. So, three years ago, they launched the shop Always More! Jer notes how they started “pressing in” to this. Because apparently lots of people were asking for always more shirts. Now Always More is a brand! Auj sees posts all the time about people wearing Always More shirts! Auj loves the ripple effect of people finding inspiration. I can’t slag on that, it’s nice. I do wonder how she’d feel about knock off Always More shirts… Do note, Auj does mention how her birth experience was unmedicated.

They read several stories from their followers. I am not recapping them because I don’t want to be mean to people who may not have known when writing to Auj that Auj was going to read their private letters to the public. Also, I don’t necessarily have a problem with people finding meaning in the phrase “Always More”. I also am not going to slag on the kiddies for being pleased that someone took their phrase and used it to have joy.

Jer says “Babe, that’s so good” and again I am struck by he doesn’t speak well. He babbles on a bit about the bible and how healthy it is to love God and how he presses into that. Auj then explains how she has found quotes over the years that she’s incorporated into the Always More philosophy. Jer mentions a really good book he’s read. He then asks her about her hopes for Always More. Auj hopes we remember there’s always more and this end up being literally minutes and minutes of Auj going on about always more. BUT Jer wants us to know you don’t have to be religious to use Always More because it’s basically a catch phrase originally developed for sports, but they sure hope you come to Christ. Jer manages to say “even if it encourages one people” and I die inside. Auj then reads us a devotional that is basically “Always More”. This does end with the inevitable discount code for the Always More store.

Jer’s thorn? His routine was thrown off and he failed at his rhythms. Auj’s thorn? She’s getting sick and the oils and supplements aren’t working!

Roses! Jer’s rose is having campfires in the house fireplace and drinking wine by the fire. Auj’s rose was getting the Christmas tree. Oh hilariously Jer lets us know that while they were previously insisting that trees can be chopped down on national land, in fact, you actually need to pay for a five dollar permit to do it.

No new info and my take away is that Auj can't effectively explain how Ephesians 3:20 turned into "Always Believe in the More in You! <glittersparkles>"

• Love 11

I'm dumbstruck...

Jer has been watching Ember solo for 3 days and 2 nights while Auj has been away.  He says..." 6 naps, 12 diapers and 8 meals-mom is on her way and both Ember and I are excited.  Thankful for this perspective so I can be even more thankful for how hard my wife works.  It was hard work and my other work has take a back seat--doing both is tricky.  This is something more fathers should do to gain perspective."

What the what?  I can only guess that this is how Jer was raised, Amy must've done everything for the kids.  I'm shocked Jer just didn't take Ember to her too.  He really doesn't think its his daily responsibility to take care of his child?  That's kids are "women's work."  Welcome to the 21st century.

Neither one of them work outside the home (and going to the farm to record the podcast doesn't count as outside the home).   How will they survive 5 years from now when no one remembers they were on tv, they aren't 20 somethings any more, and no one remembers the oil fad of the late teens of the 2000's?

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I thought they left her overnight with Audreys’ parents a few weeks ago. Also surely they didn’t drag her to that ‘ball’ they travelled to when Audrey had mono. 

Also - that is a ridiculous outfit to wear in the DTW airport. It’s Texas, not the Arctic. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Also - that is a ridiculous outfit to wear in the DTW airport. It’s Texas, not the Arctic. 

But, it’s a SHERPA lined jacket! 

Yeah, it’s been upper 40’s and rainy all day here. The hoodie alone would have been fine. She likes to overdress herself and underdress her daughter. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Tidbit said:

Considering some of the outfits she wears, I don't think she usually overdresses. Quite the opposite.

Agreed, but she tends to layer on the jackets/hoodies/Carhartt crap. 

Edited by Shmoopaloop
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Shmoopaloop said:

Possible result of being to thin? I was originally thinking of her shorts, dresses, etc. that are very revealing.

• Love 3
On 12/15/2018 at 9:00 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Every time I hear one of them call Jeremy "Farmer" I just sneer. Jeremy is no farmer and neither is Matt. Roloff Farm isn't really a farm, either. It's a bunch of cheesy roadside tourist attractions like the places that boast about harboring alligators with human heads and the world's biggest ball of twine. All its missing is 900 shabby billboards advertising it for miles as you approach.

Audrey referring to Jeremy as "Farmer" is like him referring to her as "Beauty Queen " or "Mother of the Year." In other words, complete bullshit.

Hey now, Jeremy may have played FarmVille at one point which would make him a farmer...

• Love 5
On 12/15/2018 at 1:30 PM, Shmoopaloop said:

you'd think the same about my DH, he freezes...I made the comment yesterday he was burning me up, he had on fleece pj pants, hoodie, thermal shirt & a hanes t-shirt....he was comfortable, lol. Oh & we're in Alabama. ;)

• Love 3

Episode 9 – Making Decisions aka How We Are Right And So Very Special

I really don’t think they need a minute long intro and I have no idea why Auj says “COMING OUT” at the end of the intro.

They’re doing this at the house in their Christmas jammies and Auj nicely points out that Jer hates the Christmas jammies but she loves it and this is a marriage so he’s wearing the jammies because that’s his role!

This week we’re talking about decision making and setting goals. I die a little inside as they insist they aren’t experts. There’s three things that helped them, and they aren’t experts, OMG NOT experts! The three things are setting deadlines, butcher paper lists, and silent retreats. Of course, they must share a story in order to explain this, the decision of whether to film their wedding or not because getting married with 200 people or 2 million people is a pretty typical decision. (I am absolutely willing to bet – and I hit pause on the podcast to type this – that in no way will the money profit from filming be discussed as one reason why they chose to share their wedding on tv). Also, lots and lots of important details on this decision will NOT be revealed as you must buy their book in order to see all the dirty secrets. 

Basically, per them, whether they did film it or not, they still would have been happy so this really wasn’t that big a deal. They set a deadline to *make the decision* which committed them to making a decision. Then they made giant lists of pros and cons! OMG THIS WAS SO HARD because they were also still long distance! And it REALLY HELPED them to make lists of pros and cons because they are both visual people.

A year later, they are considering leaving Los Angeles and Auj’s job.  Wait, the third thing is a silent retreat! They decide to do a silent retreat with their butcher paper lists to decide. Auj describes how her mentor took her and the other girls and had them be silent at a private beach retreat and it was intensely spiritual and…

I am not going to say this is a bad thing to do but does Auj understand that the average college student doesn’t have the money to buy books for school, let alone go on *multiple* religious retreats to private beaches? That people generally don’t have a lot of time to spend the weekend navel gazing in a lovely tranquil setting with meals provided by staff?

Anyway, Jeremy thinks these retreats are vital because of thought fragmentation. Jeremy thinks CEOs of large companies are leaving because they are frightened of brain fragmentation. He then rants about cell phones, and notes that the Lord loves it when you daydream and will whisper to you. Auj also notes that cell phones prevent Jesus from talking to you. Lengthy rant. I think he should work on organizing his thoughts before he speaks.

Anyway, Auj loves silent retreats and suggested they go on a silent retreat at an AirBNB in Big Bear with an adorable cabin. The Lord through a rainstorm took their power, and they also did an intentional fast as they didn’t speak to each other, watching nature and thinking.  This doesn’t sound practical for the average couple.

Auj suggests that what works for her is to write her questions down and then thinking about it. Jeremy in contrast likes working with his hands and OMG COOKIES! Yes, apparently, they had cookies in the oven so the podcast stops for that. We never do go back to Jeremy’s process for thinking through decisions with his hands.

After the day of silence, they eat dinner, get some wine, and make lists. Essentially, they decided on Bend mostly on gut instinct. There’s stories about Bend that they decide not to share. Auj wants to assure us that while it sounds like a random choice, it really wasn’t. Auj prattles on about how great Bend is, while Jer notes he doesn’t want people to move to Bend because they will ruin it.

Jeremy notes they will do the same process to decide on the upcoming year’s theme. So yes, they will have a nice two day weekend without Ember to muse. Of course, they will dump the kid off with Auj’s parents who are happy to provide free child care and there’s no consideration or thought given to the idea that not everyone can just toss the kid at relatives but then again, this is a couple who thinks decisions need a two day weekend retreat to mull over. Jer? Auj? You know why more people don’t do this? It’s because they can’t afford it.

Now they go over their goals for 2018 and of course one of them was writing a book and there’s an ad for the book and Jeremy pitches the book, and more and more I think their publisher is behind this podcast.

They have paid off the car and only have the mortgage. Which is great but I think the show has a lot to do with that. They had a goal of hiring a personal assistant and are hiring even more help. They kept their Sabbath of no social media on Sundays. Jeremy recommends a book without detailing why we should read it. They failed at having date night every week. They also failed at working too much. They work so much, guys! At home! They’re so excited about the new office. They also failed at working out, guys! There’s a lot of babbling about categories and goals. They’re going to set a deadline, make lists on butcher paper, and then silent retreat about it!

Auj thinks we need easy goals and lofty goals. Jeremy agrees! They natter on. Jeremy notes he’s a dreamer like his dad but needs discipline. Jeremy explains the latte factor like its something he came up with.

Jeremy then notes that this leads up to their next category of establishing habits – but this was not previously mentioned at all as a category. He literally babbles about setting up habits, queues, routines, and rewards, which is an unhealthy habit loop. I get what he’s trying to explain but he’s explaining it badly.

Auj’s thorn, being away from Ember. Jer’s thorn? Struggling with doing things.

Auj’s rose? Being away from the family having fun with women. There’s babbling about essential oils. Jer’s rose was having three days with Ember.

Jeremy begs people to review the podcast.

This podcast was hilariously disorganized, especially considering the topic. I am mostly struck by how they consistently refuse to acknowledge that they are living in a financial cocoon from the tv show.  By the way, I was right that we never did hear a peep about how filming the wedding was financially profitable. Funny that.

• Love 20

These two have got to be the most vapid airheads in the world.   I can’t wait to see what happens once they run thru all of their tv money.    Matt to the rescue,  I suppose. Will he give Jeremy the same scolding he gave Zach when he rammed the step stool business down Zach's  throat? Doubtful, he will just give Jer and Aud money quietly. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Episode 9 – Making Decisions aka How We Are Right And So Very Special

They’re doing this at the house in their Christmas jammies and Auj nicely points out that Jer hates the Christmas jammies but she loves it and this is a marriage so he’s wearing the jammies because that’s his role!

Anyway, Jeremy thinks these retreats are vital because of thought fragmentation. Jeremy thinks CEOs of large companies are leaving because they are frightened of brain fragmentation. He then rants about cell phones, and notes that the Lord loves it when you daydream and will whisper to you. Auj also notes that cell phones prevent Jesus from talking to you. Lengthy rant. I think he should work on organizing his thoughts before he speaks.

Jeremy notes they will do the same process to decide on the upcoming year’s theme. So yes, they will have a nice two day weekend without Ember to muse. Of course, they will dump the kid off with Auj’s parents who are happy to provide free child care and there’s no consideration or thought given to the idea that not everyone can just toss the kid at relatives but then again, this is a couple who thinks decisions need a two day weekend retreat to mull over. Jer? Auj? You know why more people don’t do this? It’s because they can’t afford it.

Now they go over their goals for 2018 and of course one of them was writing a book and there’s an ad for the book and Jeremy pitches the book, and more and more I think their publisher is behind this podcast.

They have paid off the car and only have the mortgage. Which is great but I think the show has a lot to do with that. They had a goal of hiring a personal assistant and are hiring even more help. They kept their Sabbath of no social media on Sundays. Jeremy recommends a book without detailing why we should read it. They failed at having date night every week. They also failed at working too much. They work so much, guys! At home! They’re so excited about the new office. They also failed at working out, guys! There’s a lot of babbling about categories and goals. They’re going to set a deadline, make lists on butcher paper, and then silent retreat about it!

Auj thinks we need easy goals and lofty goals. Jeremy agrees! They natter on. Jeremy notes he’s a dreamer like his dad but needs discipline. Jeremy explains the latte factor like its something he came up with.

Jeremy then notes that this leads up to their next category of establishing habits – but this was not previously mentioned at all as a category. He literally babbles about setting up habits, queues, routines, and rewards, which is an unhealthy habit loop. I get what he’s trying to explain but he’s explaining it badly.

Auj’s thorn, being away from Ember. Jer’s thorn? Struggling with doing things.

Auj’s rose? Being away from the family having fun with women. There’s babbling about essential oils. Jer’s rose was having three days with Ember.

Jeremy begs people to review the podcast.

This podcast was hilariously disorganized, especially considering the topic. I am mostly struck by how they consistently refuse to acknowledge that they are living in a financial cocoon from the tv show.  By the way, I was right that we never did hear a peep about how filming the wedding was financially profitable. Funny that.

I've been saying all along that the publisher is behind the podcast--that Christian publisher will want them to "sell" the appropriate lifestyle, millenials having a podcast fits that lifestyle.  Jeremy really has nothing to say, Auj is the driving force in everything and they dragged their feet on even starting the podcast.  I'm guessing they went back to the publisher to ask for money for the "podcast office."  They seemed panicked when they didn't get the podcast up and running by their deadline, if it was self imposed, why the panic?  It's more likely they missed their first deadline and would be in breach of their contract if they did it again.

Auj may have stayed off social media on Sundays but Jer regularly posts on Sundays...

Interesting that they don't mention leaving the show, I would think that would've been the single biggest decision they would've made this year (unless it was one that was made for them...)

I can see them not acknowledging show money, Jer wouldn't remember life without show money.  That financial security will always be there whether in a nest egg or the farm he's been promised that apparently only has to be open 4 weekends a year to break even or make money?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Interesting that they don't mention leaving the show, I would think that would've been the single biggest decision they would've made this year (unless it was one that was made for them...)

In fairness they did do an entire podcast that was theoretically about why they left the show. However, since it was the shortest of the podcasts and involved Jeremy explaining how he was on a show for fifteen minutes, and didn't really get into any real motivations beyond "we didn't want to film anymore", I can understand your confusion. 

6 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Auj may have stayed off social media on Sundays but Jer regularly posts on Sundays...

I honestly don't care enough to really keep a watch on their posting habits and I don't Instagram but I do blog on different social media platforms and most have a function where you can schedule posts. I'm willing to throw them a bone on this one.

6 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

I can see them not acknowledging show money, Jer wouldn't remember life without show money. 

I can see them not wanting to acknowledge it but frankly, not acknowledging it is the reason why this podcast series isn't really working. I mean, their whole premise is that this is a behind the scenes look at their lives, that they are going to be dropping truth bombs, telling us the real stories etc. I'm sorry but "OMG  we love writing lists of pros and cons" isn't a truth bomb, and its certainly not a behind the scenes moment, Audrey blogged about ALL of this.

I mean, the podcast is just proving that they aren't terribly interesting without the show. That may not be the vibe they are going for here.

I also think this podcast is rather unprofessional and dull. Jeremy consistently interrupts Audrey, he rambles, and neither seem to even outline what they plan to say. I mean, this isn't about disliking these nitwits, its really just not that interesting. And it certainly doesn't make me interested in their book, although  I am proposing a book club discussion here. 

• Love 6

There is "always more" photos to display of themselves. I don't think they ever tire of it.  I noticed the polaroids hanging from the tree. I sense a podcast coming of how they decorate the tree with snapshots of special moments 

• Love 2