Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

Does Auj understand that emojis aren't punctuation? The whole first paragraph is like... a huge run on sentence. There's another place where an emoji seems to be serving as a period in the second paragraph.

This:

And while we are ready to launch on all other platforms (Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher etc.) we decided it’s probably best to wait till these Doodling Dora’s can get their poop in a group.

Is incredibly arrogant. Really, Auj? Doodling Doras need to get their shit together and tend to you? Oh right, you said "poop" so you're just a cute lil girl and not arrogantly noting how you think Apple needs to get its shit together and get your podcast approved.

Does referring to human feces as poop make you *less insulting*, Auj? I mean, if someone said maybe you and Jer should get your poop together and stop making people wait months for their paid for marriage journals, would you smile and find it not insulting? 

Or what if someone said you had poopy punctuation and poopy grammar skills? I mean, they're still saying your writing skills are feces laden. 

• Love 16

So they didn't pray fervently enough to get iTunes to do what Jer and Auj want them to do? The Bible also says that the "effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." So what's wrong? Not effectual enough? Not fervent enough? Not righteous enough?

• Love 17
38 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Does Auj understand that emojis aren't punctuation? The whole first paragraph is like... a huge run on sentence. There's another place where an emoji seems to be serving as a period in the second paragraph.

This:

Is incredibly arrogant. Really, Auj? Doodling Doras need to get their shit together and tend to you? Oh right, you said "poop" so you're just a cute lil girl and not arrogantly noting how you think Apple needs to get its shit together and get your podcast approved.

Does referring to human feces as poop make you *less insulting*, Auj? I mean, if someone said maybe you and Jer should get your poop together and stop making people wait months for their paid for marriage journals, would you smile and find it not insulting? 

Or what if someone said you had poopy punctuation and poopy grammar skills? I mean, they're still saying your writing skills are feces laden. 

Not only that, but Apple does not need them. They need Apple.  It might not have been a particular great idea to insult Apple this way.  

• Love 8
Just now, mythoughtis said:

Not only that, but Apple does not need them. They need Apple.  It might not have been a particular great idea to insult Apple this way.  

Well, Apple did have a rather bad day at the market but yes. Apple isn't the only podcast distribution vendor out there, but they are one of the biggest and their customer base is the biggest. And this one I land totally on Auj - Jeremy gave the same basic info in his post without including how the Doodling Doras at Apple really need to get their poop in a group. 

I also could have done without how Auj is instagramming "with a frustrated heart", but thats just me hating her phrasing.

• Love 1

Hmmmm... Someone doesn't have their "poop in a group" and it's holding up things. I wonder who is to blame... Bazillion dollar international interwebz giant Appple/itunes or these two fuckwits who can't organize their way to the ground after falling out a window. Gosh, I wonder who is at fault ... 

ps "doodling dorahs" is probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my entire life 

I wish Apple would ban them on principle ... fortunately for them these two piss ants are too insignificant to bother with 

• Love 14

I just hate faux cussing because if you're going to say the insult, say the insult. "Holy Schnikeys!" means "Holy Shit". You mean "Holy Shit".  Auj clearly meant "shit" and she was clearly intending to say something unkind and disrespectful and thinks "I said poop not shit so I wasn't cussing and drawing an allusion to human feces is polite when you say poop and not shit."

No, it's not polite. You're still alluding to feces. Thats still rude.

*I even hate it in my beloved Battlestar Galactica. I mean, what the frak? Damn motherfrakkers!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

This:

Seriously. I'm gobsmacked even SHE would write something like that. The arrogance (like you said) and the sheer lack of humility & self-awareness in her are astounding.

Maybe try being professional for once, Audrey? Jesus Christ.

Edited by PinkyCupcake
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Well, maybe she owes the Doodling Dora an apology since she can’t keep her own poop in a group.  She works from home and so does her husband.  How would she ever hold a 40 hour a week job for someone else? 

• Love 17

I smell a vacation coming on. Because, 1. They’ve worked SO HARD on the podcast and need to reward themselves and because, 2. Tori and Zach are in Hawaii and Mr. & Mrs. Auj can’t be outdone. 

She forgets to eat until dinner? I’ve definitely never had that problem. 

Edited by Shmoopaloop
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Tidbit said:

I'm confused because I don't really understand podcasts. They both say it is live AND that the first 4 episodes have been posted. So, is it live or tape??

“Live” means it’s up and running and available to download...it is pre-recorded (like all podcasts)and if it is of any quality at all, edited. All of the podcast providers they mention are free. And I also claim “not it!”

• Love 2

People are downloading the podcast as it is #1 in the category of health. But if you look at the chart for episodes (under Heath) only the trailer is in the top 100 for downloaded. So people are subscribing to the podcast but not listening to it. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Shieldmaiden said:

“Live” means it’s up and running and available to download...it is pre-recorded (like all podcasts)and if it is of any quality at all, edited. All of the podcast providers they mention are free. And I also claim “not it!”

Thank you so much. Learned long ago that it is better to ask and appear ignorant than not ask and be ignorant.

• Love 4

In Touch magazine: "Jeremy Roloff reveals he tragically lost all of the pictures and videos he had of Ember's first year of life." Their hard drive crashed and all was "tragically lost".

Fuck off a-holes and take some time to watch the news about the REALLY tragic losses in the world: like the California wildfires. People lost their homes and everything in those homes that were completely burned to the ground. And people lost their LIVES. Maybe you shouldn't have named your daughter "Ember". And I'm sure the other Roloff family members have thousands of photos of your precious little Ember saved on their computers. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

In Touch magazine: "Jeremy Roloff reveals he tragically lost all of the pictures and videos he had of Ember's first year of life." Their hard drive crashed and all was "tragically lost".

Fuck off a-holes and take some time to watch the news about the REALLY tragic losses in the world: like the California wildfires. People lost their homes and everything in those homes that were completely burned to the ground. And people lost their LIVES. Maybe you shouldn't have named your daughter "Ember". And I'm sure the other Roloff family members have thousands of photos of your precious little Ember saved on their computers. 

Their social media accounts are chocked full.  And the photographers they keep on staff should have even more...…  Lordy, he's a chode.

• Love 7

Podcast 1 - 39 minutes - About a minute or so of intro music. The state of Jer and Auj.

They're so struck by how much work writing a book is, they're editing their book A Love Letter Life again, down to line edits and its SO HARD, guys. Also they're working on their second book and shhhh the topic is a secret! They're not telling! 

A guess? It's about them, of course.

They go on about pumpkin season and Always More and it's growing and everyone loves it, and it's amazing how everyone loves the hats and Sherpas. They have an office space at the farm, and Jeremy finds it VERY INTERESTING. Apparently they have been working SUPER HARD at everything and they now realize working from home is bad. This isn't a surprise, or a bad thing to do, but did we need a podcast about it?

Beating 50 Percent came about because they were SHOCKED at how people perceive marriage negatively. They consider the website a newlywed tip site. Of course, they ARE NOT marriage experts, you silly haters! They have NEVER SAID they are marriage experts. They both sort of broadly hint that there's been criticism of the website but don't say what that criticism is, and that people assume things and have misconceptions but again, no statement of what that is.

The marriage journal was inspired by their friends Chris and Jamie? Who are married for 18 years. They drone on about how the actual manufacture is interesting but don't give any details.

Jeremy then starts on about Young Living Essential Oils. He's obviously not impressed with it and is actually pretty condescending. Auj goes on a cheerful rant about how everything is toxic and cancerous. She assures they aren't extremists. Interestingly, Auj implies that the MLM business of YL is working out well for her and she was surprised.

They have staff now (except that they've had an assistant for over a year). They call Cambria, I think she was at the gender reveal party. Jeremy notes how busy they are and how overwhelming it is and they didn't want their marriage to suffer. Their marriage comes before everything including Ember. The theme for their marriage this year is "the art of rhythm". Thats when they decided to hire people to do stuff. They have a podcast staff, someone doing graphic designs. 

This segue ways to how they need no social media Sundays because they are so BUSY. There's a lot of babble about living in the present. They apparently listen to John Mark Comer still. They are all "be with Jesus, be like Jesus, and do what he did" and they love this quote because it's so SIMPLE.  They reword it and repeat it a few times and I am not sure they actually get it but they LOVE IT.

Then they get into things they like. They love food delivery. Auj is all "Praise Jesus for Postmates".  Jeremy is so INTO intermittent fasting. Auj thinks it makes him a more disciplined man. Jer thinks if he can dominate his stomach, he can dominate his minds, and refers to Jesus, Buddha, and "that other one". 

They like fires so much. Makes me think the next child will be named Arson.  Auj loves Five Minute Journal. They go on and on about it for a bit and basically I zone out a bit.

Apparently they have many whiteboards in the house and the garage and the office and even carry them around, but they don't get into what they find so compelling about whiteboards. Jeremy loves beer, and IPAs and "Oldfashioneds" He also loves the podcast "This Cultural Moment". Jer goes on about how he wants to defend the faith. 

Auj loves her vacuum cleaner. And Christmas. Also Auj's uncle Chris Botti is the best jazz trumpet player ever. Jer assures us that the new Sherpas are unisex and guys actually wear them. Ember is apparently doing well. 

Then they give us their "rose" and their "thorn" for the week. Auj's rose is Date night! Trying new places in Portland. And falling asleep by the fire. The thorn? Being really frustrated with technology. The new iPhone update was apparently a terrible trial for both. Jer edges into a minor rant about Iphones. Jer's rose? The success of building the podcast team. His thorn? They have a "drobo", a back up of their hard drive and it crashed and it has all of Ember's photos and videos.  Apparently its in the shop and will cost a lot to fix. The podcast ends abruptly in midsentence with Jer saying the next will be about the show leaving.

Guys, I will probably need an episode of Making a Murderer to cleanse the palate. Kinda dull and self involved. Pretty much no new info which makes the title all the more hilarious.

• Love 22

Podcast 1 - 39 minutes - About a minute or so of intro music. The state of Jer and Auj.

They're so struck by how much work writing a book is, they're editing their book A Love Letter Life again, down to line edits and its SO HARD, guys. Also they're working on their second book and shhhh the topic is a secret! They're not telling! 

A guess? It's about them, of course.

They go on about pumpkin season and Always More and it's growing and everyone loves it, and it's amazing how everyone loves the hats and Sherpas. They have an office space at the farm, and Jeremy finds it VERY INTERESTING. Apparently they have been working SUPER HARD at everything and they now realize working from home is bad. This isn't a surprise, or a bad thing to do, but did we need a podcast about it?

Beating 50 Percent came about because they were SHOCKED at how people perceive marriage negatively. They consider the website a newlywed tip site. Of course, they ARE NOT marriage experts, you silly haters! They have NEVER SAID they are marriage experts. They both sort of broadly hint that there's been criticism of the website but don't say what that criticism is, and that people assume things and have misconceptions but again, no statement of what that is.

The marriage journal was inspired by their friends Chris and Jamie? Who are married for 18 years. They drone on about how the actual manufacture is interesting but don't give any details.

Jeremy then starts on about Young Living Essential Oils. He's obviously not impressed with it and is actually pretty condescending. Auj goes on a cheerful rant about how everything is toxic and cancerous. She assures they aren't extremists. Interestingly, Auj implies that the MLM business of YL is working out well for her and she was surprised.

They have staff now (except that they've had an assistant for over a year). They call Cambria, I think she was at the gender reveal party. Jeremy notes how busy they are and how overwhelming it is and they didn't want their marriage to suffer. Their marriage comes before everything including Ember. The theme for their marriage this year is "the art of rhythm". Thats when they decided to hire people to do stuff. They have a podcast staff, someone doing graphic designs. 

This segue ways to how they need no social media Sundays because they are so BUSY. There's a lot of babble about living in the present. They apparently listen to John Mark Comer still. They are all "be with Jesus, be like Jesus, and do what he did" and they love this quote because it's so SIMPLE.  They reword it and repeat it a few times and I am not sure they actually get it but they LOVE IT.

Then they get into things they like. They love food delivery. Auj is all "Praise Jesus for Postmates".  Jeremy is so INTO intermittent fasting. Auj thinks it makes him a more disciplined man. Jer thinks if he can dominate his stomach, he can dominate his minds, and refers to Jesus, Buddha, and "that other one". 

They like fires so much. Makes me think the next child will be named Arson.  Auj loves Five Minute Journal. They go on and on about it for a bit and basically I zone out a bit.

Apparently they have many whiteboards in the house and the garage and the office and even carry them around, but they don't get into what they find so compelling about whiteboards. Jeremy loves beer, and IPAs and "Oldfashioneds" He also loves the podcast "This Cultural Moment". Jer goes on about how he wants to defend the faith. 

Auj loves her vacuum cleaner. And Christmas. Also Auj's uncle Chris Botti is the best jazz trumpet player ever. Jer assures us that the new Sherpas are unisex and guys actually wear them. Ember is apparently doing well. 

Then they give us their "rose" and their "thorn" for the week. Auj's rose is Date night! Trying new places in Portland. And falling asleep by the fire. The thorn? Being really frustrated with technology. The new iPhone update was apparently a terrible trial for both. Jer edges into a minor rant about Iphones. Jer's rose? The success of building the podcast team. His thorn? They have a "drobo", a back up of their hard drive and it crashed and it has all of Ember's photos and videos.  Apparently its in the shop and will cost a lot to fix. The podcast ends abruptly in midsentence with Jer saying the next will be about the show leaving.

Guys, I will probably need an episode of Making a Murderer to cleanse the palate. Kinda dull and self involved. Pretty much no new info which makes the title all the more hilarious.

Thank you so much Rap541 for taking one for the team!! It sounds like they covered every topic they could possibly “know” anything about - what in the world will they have to talk about in coming episodes?

• Love 11

Podcast 1 - 39 minutes - About a minute or so of intro music. The state of Jer and Auj.Guys,

I will probably need an episode of Making a Murderer to cleanse the palate. Kinda dull and self involved. Pretty much no new info which makes the title all the more hilarious.

I can't imagine sitting through that. Was it mostly done in monotones? Or was Jer stoked enough to show enthusiasm? Thanks for the recap. You deserve an "Oldfashioneds" or two.

• Love 5

Ok ok. On my way to work i started listening to the first episode. Only made it through nine minutes before the first major hypocrisy comes in. The first 8 was a brag session of all the great things they are doing and are working on a 2nd book. 

Back to the hypocrisy. They were shocked at all of the negativity they got about getting married. Mainly, people trying to prepare them for the worst and how hard marriage is. Don’t they spout out at everyone how they

• Love 2

It is interesting that they're upset that people presented marriage to them in a negative light but they, themselves, constantly prat how their marriage is a fight, a battle that they are throwing everything into, that its a fight every day to save their marriage. They're always always *fighting for their marriage*… but boo hoo how dare people tell us that marriage is difficult.... but our marriage is a constant battle that we pray to Jesus every day we will win, a never ending *fight* we must never give up on....

I just - and this is serious and not snarking - wonder if they realize how negative they make marriage sound. They never talk about the bliss or the fun, they are always letting us know its a constant struggle and battle. 

• Love 11

Just...so self involved.  Do they ever get tired of themselves?  I wonder what Molly thinks of her two brothers (Jer & Jacob) “the authors” while she leads a relatively normal life and was raised in the same situation—that would actually be behind the scenes.

Jeremy and Auj have no direction, especially without the show.  They have to double down on the religious stuff because that’s their bread basket now with having a contract with the Christian book publishing co.  They have to portray a certain lifestyle.

Edited by scenicbyway
  • Love 5

Well when she was pregnant she didn't want to hear anyone's negative stories, but then afterward she shared all the negative things she experienced. It's not okay for them to be brought down by others' struggles, but it's perfectly fine for them to dump all their shit on the world.

It kind of infers other people's experiences have nothing to offer them; they have nothing to learn from others. But not even 30, barely married, 1 baby, & they have so much wisdom to impart on the world a website, book, & podcast are necessary to enlighten everyone else. 

• Love 13

Watching Jeremy’s story and his “game plan is to go to the store to get a bottle of wine to finish these book edits”.  No wonder the book edits take so long they have to drink to reread their book. 

After like awhile he comes back on bragging about how if they go somewhere and they like the beer or wine he buys some to save for a special occasion to surprise Audrey with it; she knows he bought it but not when he’ll break it out. 

Alao rewatched his insta stories to try and figure out how long the break was to get my facts straight and he deleted the part about running to the store to purchase said wine.  But, he did not delete it off of his FB story. 

They must make make up so much stuff to make them sound romantic and thoughtful marriage. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Rap541 said:

It is interesting that they're upset that people presented marriage to them in a negative light but they, themselves, constantly prat how their marriage is a fight, a battle that they are throwing everything into, that its a fight every day to save their marriage. They're always always *fighting for their marriage*… but boo hoo how dare people tell us that marriage is difficult.... but our marriage is a constant battle that we pray to Jesus every day we will win, a never ending *fight* we must never give up on....

I just - and this is serious and not snarking - wonder if they realize how negative they make marriage sound. They never talk about the bliss or the fun, they are always letting us know its a constant struggle and battle. 

The negative part probably comes from Audrey. She doesn't exactly come across as calm. Jeremy appears to go along with whatever she says, but I suspect disagreeing with Auj is unpleasant at best. Growing up with Matt and Amy gave Jeremy experience living with difficult people, so he came to this relationship prepared. 

I'm sure editing their book would be SOOOOOO HARD for these two budding talents because editing requires looking at a piece of writing critically and objectively. Don't they have someone on their staff who could at least correct their grammar and spelling?

• Love 2

Episode 2 - Why We Left the Show aka The Sacred Taking!

This is the shortest of the podcasts at 36 minutes and the opening of guitar music and Auj going on about how they're dropping truth bombs etc is at least one minute. 

It was Jeremy's decision to leave the show, of course. There's so MUCH to say and so MUCH to talk about, which pretty much tells me we're not going to hear anything new. Jeremy thinks its clever to not discuss the "exodus" first but to start with the genesis of the show. They faux interview each other, with Auj asking Jeremy questions on how the show started. 

He explains the basics of the show - there's dwarfs, there's a farm, Matt was raised in a hospital, there's a pumpkin business. The major truth reveal and it's not major, is that it was mostly the freak factor of Jer and Zach being twins that got them attention from LA producers. Auj of course never watched the show. Apparently the earlier seasons of the show were more demanding from a filming standpoint. 

They're five families now! Jer thinks its difficult to navigate the realities and Auj notes that reality tv is now half of all tv. This is all mostly ass kissy to Jer's parents, and things changed when the reality show market got more competitive. Chip and Joanna Gaines are mentioned. 

Just so we're all clear, the ramblings of how LPBW came to be take about ten minutes of the 36 minute podcast and Jer's behind the scenes notes are that it just seemed to happen around him. 

So... Jer was wrestling for years with his calling and what God was calling him to do and this apparently began pretty much with the wedding. Auj is quite quick to note that they almost didn't film the wedding and almost didn't continue with the show right then. Jeremy continues going on about his calling and whether he was being called by God to do  the show or whether he was being called to do something else in God's Kingdom that would have the perception to the public as being less successful. 

In Bend, he found godly wise men who talked with him about leaving the show and these men basically talked him into following the lord. He was worried that the Lord wouldn't provide but His past faithfulness demands their present trust. Honestly this would be more compelling if he'd tell us what his calling is.

He does goes on about "pressing in" on millennial entrepreneurship. But now we're on to questions from Instagram. Did you get paid, yes, with an arrogant sneer. Did it take a lot of time? Yes, oh god yes filming takes a huge amount of time. Do you feel you couldn't share about your faith because of the show? Jeremy expands on how he was never restricted BUT the world is in opposition to believers and he was always very careful to not get into it because he would be misquoted by people... BUT he wasn't inhibited to talk about his faith BUT he did tone it down.... He compares the Roloffs to Justin Bieber and how Justin became some sort of untouchable due to his faith and um.... no.

Auj notes how it was limiting and they spoke about their faith and it never made it to the show but their wedding showed their faith.

They will still be on the show. Of course. Will they have their own show? They're open to it. Jer thinks there is a massive shift in tv and social media is a massive wrecking ball and a lot of companies are failing to see the power of social media and Jer thinks they're wrong. He is very excited to "press in" to social media and be a part of the wild west and pretty clearly is looking down his nose at traditional media models, ain't he special?

I note that this is the same idiot who moans how social media is terrible, but I digress. 

Auj notes that Jer has often said they'd basically prefer to have a show more like Chip and Jo Gaines where the family was the backstory and the A story was whatever they did for a living (building treehouses was their example). Jeremy sagely notes that he has not turned on the tv in actual years which I genuinely doubt. He also notes social media is super powerful but it was difficult to navigate. He and Auj want to keep certain things private. 

Auj notes that she never got the dynamic of the show and had lean on her man. But Jeremy led her like the man he is! He notes his approval of her praise. 

Does tv affect your relationships? Jeremy thinks tv exploits relationships. TV is dangerous for relationships, in his opinion. 

Why did you leave the show when it clearly is a good gig? Honestly I can tell the questions are pretty carefully orchestrated to allow Jeremy to present his version of events but he is basically repeating the same thing over and over. He had to make a choice between being "comfortable" and "following his calling" (which is still as yet unstated) and he wants to be a man who God looks at and says "You, Jeremy are a MAN who followed what I CALLED you to do and that is SO MUCH BETTER than being comfortable"  I mean, whatever gets you thru the day, but this podcast is a wee bit self congratulatory and smug.

Auj loves the show and what it gave them but now feels free. Jeremy notes a lot of people hear the whispers from the lord but don't act, and he is acting for the Lord and feels so much better about himself as he is, you know, doing what the Lord is calling him, unlike those who ignore the Lord's words and wants out of fear. Jeremy is no longer afraid!  Seriously, Jeremy, you're being a bit of a smug douche. 

Auj doesn't WANT to focus on the criticism but.... She's still really annoyed that people think marriage is jail and having a child is jail and she wants us all to know marriage is freeing, and having a child is freeing and liberating and empowering. Jeremy notes again that they want to "press in" to where the Lord is leading them. 

Jeremy wraps it up with how the Lord pressed in on his heart, and he left the show so he can now press in on life.

Roses and thorns!

Jeremy's rose is some sort of datenight with Zach and Mueller and the wives. Auj's rose is how she launched new stuff in Always More and more people are tatting Always More on themselves. She loves the Always More *movement*.

Jer's thorn is his inability to get out of bed. Auj's thorn is stress. She humble brags how stressed out she is. 

So, basically nothing new and nothing they haven't already said and a lot of nattering about pressing in on a calling that Jeremy still doesn't define beyond "a calling". A lot of smug, arrogant self congradulations… pretty typical Jer. 

Edited by Rap541
Unlike some, I am willing to correct spelling errors
  • Love 21

In Bend, he found godly wise men who talked with him about leaving the show and these men basically talked him into following the lord.

I don’t think that qualifies as a “calling”, but who am I to know?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t think that qualifies as a “calling”, but who am I to know?

The actual "calling" is unstated as of yet, according to @Rap541 synopsis. Maybe leaving the show was the beginning of the "calling".  He's probably using a cliff hanger - "the calling" - to keep people on the edge of their seats, wondering & listening... but it may never actually be revealed.

1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

I note that this is the same idiot who moans how social media is terrible, but I digress. 

1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Auj notes that she never got the dynamic of the show and had lean on her man. But Jeremy led her like the man he is! He notes his approval of her praise. 

Again - LOL.

1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Auj doesn't WANT to focus on the criticism but.... She's still really annoyed that people think marriage is jail and having a child is jail and she wants us all to know marriage is freeing, and having a child is freeing and liberating and empowering.

1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Auj's thorn is stress. She humble brags how stressed out she is. 

I find this a bit contradictory. Perhaps she'll expound more on this in future. (Not that I care, because she most likely doesn't understand true stress, but her perception of what is stressful would be kind of interesting).

1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Jer's thorn is his inability to get out of bed.

Well good thing they "work" from home... or maybe there's a bed in the farm office, for, 'ahem', naps...

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, Shmoopaloop said:

They left the show, but would consider doing their own show, but wait...tv is dangerous for relationships. 

They don't seem to know who they are or what they want to do, & lack self-awareness so badly it's painful to watch.

• Love 3

Episode Three: Our Home Renovation aka The Endless Suffering

To be honest, I had most of the recap done and lost it on a refresh and I can't face listening to this again. Here' s a less detailed roundup.

Basically they bought a house with a lot of issues. They pretty much praise themselves for surviving two renovations. The podcast itself is long and they argue with each other over what happened when. Auj notes they had to move back in to her parents home and she was really upset, while Jer notes he mostly blotted it all out. At this point I totally see the Matt/Amy dynamic with these two. They go on a bit about how they prayed in each room, including the laundry room and really believe this is why people like their house. Jeremy consistently mentions the Lord and the Holy Spirit and if this is how he naturally speaks then the show was HIDING A LOT. 

They give tips and use some brutal grammar, and Jer pops this piece of wisdom out at the end - "When you're in survival mode you can not forget to NOT communicate" - which is hilarious because he clearly means the opposite and has no idea he made a fairly significant error. 

Auj's rose? Getting a massage and watching Ember. Her thorn? Sunday was full of bickering.

Jer's rose? Ember saying "dada" and his morning time since he doesn't work. Thorn? Also Sunday being full of bickering.

The only really significant thing is that they don't consider their home their permanent forever home, no doubt because they want the farm!

eta - The only significant behind the scenes reveal is unintentional in my opinion, that Jeremy is a lot more verbally religious than the show ever demonstrated. Otherwise no new information. We already knew he fucked up the renovation.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 11

I just...can’t buy all the religious stuff from them.  I don’t find it believable at all.  I think they are saying these things because they have a book contract with Christian publishers that expect them to portray a certain lifestyle and I wouldn’t be surprised if this podcast was a part of that deal.

LPBW is continuing because Zach has a little person baby.  It’s like the show is renewed with the next generation with exploring the world with Jackson.  The show didn’t need Jer and Auj.

Most importantly— MARRIAGE IS A PARTNERSHIP!  There is no earthly reason why Jeremy should be (or even faking) making all the decisions for their family.  Auj will only resent it.  It’s exactly what happened with Matt and Amy.

• Love 6

I don't doubt the religious stuff from them because I know evangelical sorts and these two definitely have the patter down and the trendy views.  I just suspect, based on a LOT of things that they say and on the things they do and don't do, that they talk a good game but whenever their faith is difficult or involves any effort or could cause them some problems, they make sure to ease off on the Jesus talk. Jeremy even said it, although he danced around it a bit. Per Jer, in the Why We Left The Show podcast, he's never been restricted from being open about how he believes in praying in each room and how that fills his home with the Holy Spirit of the Lord.... BUT that leads us to this question. Why wasn't Jeremy suggesting his show of faith be filmed? He explains why - he was afraid that he would catch shit for being a public believer of Jesus and didn't want to be on the receiving end of any negative impact. 

I get it. It actually makes a lot of sense... but it's hardly Jeremy proudly standing up as a believer and sharing his faith in Jesus. He makes a show of saying His past faithfulness demands their current trust but the fact is, Jeremy doesn't say anything that isn't carefully curated and makes it very clear that he completely understands that there are certain things he can't say without risking his little empire. If it will affect the money and his lifestyle, Jeremy keeps his mouth shut tight on how he feels on various conservative Christian topics. 

There's also the troubling reality that for all the talk of "our ministry" and Jeremy "accepting his calling from the Lord", Jer and Auj just... don't seem like nice people who are charitable at heart. Look, I'm not asking for them to devote themselves to personally picking out the guinea worms from the feet of all the children in Africa (Jimmy Carter is working on that) but do they do ANYTHING for others? That is simply charity? Without any source of profit for them?

Anything that's difficult and not fun gets a pass from these two. 

• Love 8