Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

Can we also note that Auj the Christian Earth Mama Extraordinaire is wearing a denim outfit that is showing so much skin and is so short on her upper thigh that I think she'd be banned from prom for failing the finger tip test.

The finger tip test is that your outfit must be long enough that if your arms are at your side, your fingertips are not going past your outfit.  

• Love 8

Also is anyone else seeing how much farther ember is in her development than Jackson  despite being 5 months younger than Jackson.  Just makes me hope Jerk and Odd don't constantly rub that in tori and zachs face!! 

• Love 1

Also Rap541, what is your opinion on that girl from Santa Barbara, Janae?  

I read a summary of her podcast on another forum for the show.  The pod cast has been deleted and apparently Jerk and Odd are going to write about Janae in their book. O _ O

I really haven't looked hard for the Janae podcast since I listened to it originally so I will take your word for it that it's been deleted since but I wouldn't necessarily assume it was deleted for any nefarious reason. Janae has the same problem Jer and Auj have - their lives aren't really interesting enough to justify an hour long sum up once a week. Also she didn't get entirely positive feedback.

I hope that Jer and Auj, if they have indeed written about Janae in their book, have done so very carefully, because  she can make a pretty good case that she never asked to be Jeremy's public training aide. 

I found her version of events plausible. I don't think she had any way to profit off of her podcast and I do think it was done in part to protect herself and to make sure that her version of events was out there to counter Jeremy's version.

That said, it honestly sounded like a lot of people being immature, like a group of high school kids and not a bunch of 21-25 year old adults. I totally believe that Jeremy was playing them both. I totally believe that Audrey pretty much told him to  cut her out of his life and I totally believed Jeremy botched it. 

I also believe Janae was probably more into Jer than Jer was into her. It happens. Her missteps? The awkward visit to the farm really should have told her that whatever the relationship was, it was over. And I feel for her that she didn't summon up the self respect to not attend the wedding. 

But I totally believe Jeremy was that tone deaf asshole who not only invited her to the wedding but asked her to bring the wedding ring up from Los Angeles. Honestly, if you can't pick it up yourself, spend the money to have it courier delivered, don't ask your sorta other girl that your soon to be wife forbade you to speak with to pick up her wedding ring and bring it to the event. 

She's probably better off and I wouldn't be surprised if she took down the podcast herself because she accomplished what she needed to accomplish - she can't be depicted as "That Whore In Santa Barbara Who Almost Ruined Our Love" in Jeremy's book without people who know her version of events questioning the depiction. 

That Janae will be mentioned, if perhaps not by name, is a bit of a given because Janae is basically the problem they had in their long distance relationship. Which is why I question how their love story is so unique - "Three's a Crowd" is a pretty common problem in relationships. But hey, maybe they won't market this as the equivalent of Rose needing to choose whether Jack can get on the door with her. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Gennacide said:

Also is anyone else seeing how much farther ember is in her development than Jackson  despite being 5 months younger than Jackson.  Just makes me hope Jerk and Odd don't constantly rub that in tori and zachs face!! 

I get the impression the brothers are close and I am sure they love each other.  Audrey and Tori appear to be very friendly so I doubt there would be any face rubbing.

• Love 3

Podcast 6 – “Our Ad for the Marriage Journals”

Honestly, I almost went with watching a rerun of Rick Steve’s Europe on PBS because Rick is a smarmy ass but at least he shows the bloopers of him asking about the local pot. Anyway, we’re up the inevitable 45 minute “OMG WE ARE SO SUPER SMART TO HAVE THIS JOURNAL EVERYONE KISS OUR ASSES FOR THIS” episode.

Oh, it’s 41 minutes, my bad. They are recording this late, at the house, for some hinted at but undisclosed reason. Way to go behind the scenes! Instead, Jeremy attempts to suggest they have just been totally inundated with many, many questions on the journals.

Hmmm they are gonna share one of their first marriage journal entries. From their second week of marriage, or Octoberish, but no actual date.  Auj proceeds to note that she has to thoroughly explain the marriage journal before they do this. Essentially they got the idea of another couple who counseled them before marriage. Jeremy mentions A Severe Mercy and the couple in that doing their “navigator’s council” and so the journal is called “the navigator’s journal” or “navigator’s counsel journal”.

They didn’t miss a Sunday, the questions were always the same except when they changed them. OMG Auj thinks this is so useful. The first reveal is that Jeremy concedes his Go Life or Bust website failed miserably. Auj’s hard moment was how she broke her foot etc. Jeremy’s hard moment – wanting to be successful but being in the shark pit of LA at the lowest rung. The what can I do for you leads into a lengthy bitchout from Auj about the Roloff family being gross as a whole about the dishes. Wait – now unconfessed sins! But – THIS PARTICULAR week had no unconfessed sins for the behind the scenes podcast to hear. They both note sagely how valuable this question is, which makes their chosen example not including any confessions rather hilarious. Auj’s dream is of course to work more on her blog and to be running more. Jeremy notes how this helped her blog etc. Auj of course prayed to find married couples friends. Jer prayed for “diligence”.  Oooh there’s added questions because it’s the end of the month – “How is our sex life” which they refuse to reveal. And, “how are we stewarding our finances?” – the end result to that seems to be that they now have a financial advisor named Shannon..

Wait, Jesus, now they start re-explaining this over and over and over and it’s now the time in Bend, and they’re self publishing and they added weekly devotionals to the now available for purchase official journals. Apparently it never occurred to them to have a calender in the journal because it never dawned on them to *date* entries in a journal? These two praise each other over this like it’s actual rocket science and not something I learned in grade school.

Now we have a recent entry. Jeremy reads one of the devotionals and I can’t believe either of them wrote this. He mentions a list of habits and it’s basically the same stuff you find in Good Housekeeping. They apparently list the weekly events of life on the calendar. Jer’s joy was reading their book to his lover Mueller. Auj’s joy was a “great convo” with Cambria, her lesbian lover, I assume. There’s a lengthy off topic discussion of how cute Ember is. What was hard this week? Their marriage was HARD, guys! They were critical of each other!! It was CRAZY! Jer wanted Auj to read the bible to him every day because reading is hard. No, because a friend from Bend told Jer to lead the family in Bible reading. Auj wants Jeremy to fucking appreciate that she basically handles the whole house. Confession time!  They failed at speaking truth to each other every day but its sort of a win? Because they are never apart? Jesus Christ, Auj goes on about how Jer was interpreting her “do some fucking work” as criticism, and Jer notes he perceives it as criticism. Jer’s dream is to get back into his morning time and of course he mentions how cell phones are evil. Auj’s wish was to be able to read more and to work out more because she is “so fat”. I guess maintaining a thigh gap for Jesus is HARD, guys. Auj’s pray for me thing was for a softening of his heart, and Jer’s was for encouragement. Or maybe vice versa, honestly I was getting bored.

They mention again how everyone loves it and you can also buy it.

Thorns and Roses!

Jer’s thorn is that he hurt his back and driving to Bend was uncomfortable. Auj’s thorn was that Ember wouldn’t sleep until they got the scotch into Auj’s breasts. Ok, I added that last part but really, Ember is up at night feeding at over one? Anyway, roses! Auj’s rose was ranking platinum with the podcast? It’s actually not clear what they mean, this might be something to do with the essential oils. Yes, I had to relisten but yes, she’s bragging about bumping up in the YL oil selling. Jer’s rose was book edits and going to Bend, going to home church, he seems to really miss Bend. More ads for the marriage journal from Auj.

I am pretty certain they are just winging these podcasts. The only real new thing was that Jeremy actually mentioned the failure of the Go Life or Bust blog. 

• Love 12

I need more on this bitchout about the Roloff dishes! And did she really suggest she needs to work out more because of her weight? Please, do tell...because I can't stomach the thought of being another one of their podcast listeners.

• Love 5

Basically she noted that no one in the Roloff family does dishes at all. Dishes are used and then placed in the sink and then they sit there forever and no one does them. In the *Botti* home, when you are done with a dish, you rinse it and you put it in the dishwasher like a decent person, thank you very much!

Her workout thing was literally that she wanted time to work out because she "is so fat". I mean, Holy Body Dysmorphia Batman! Ember's gonna have a complex for sure. 

Another interesting undertone to this is that its really pretty clear that Audrey does the vast majority of the house work and the child rearing. Aside from "reading", its really pretty unclear what Jeremy does.

Also I did a lil research on this going platinum in YL oils and the couple different websites I found says someone who is a platinum seller is making about 15k a month. I personally don't know how true that figure is (I found it on several different "how to peddle YL stuff" and the sites I found were identical in how they described the profit levels of gold, silver, platinum, etc. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Her workout thing was literally that she wanted time to work out because she "is so fat". I mean, Holy Body Dysmorphia Batman! Ember's gonna have a complex for sure. 

Wow; she's really sick - no joking; she's got serious issues. She shouldn't be speaking that way as it's so irresponsible given many suffer with eating disorders etc. & she'll be such a bad influence.

What was Jer's response to her sick comments?  Maybe he's part of the problem, wanting a stick thin wife who can share clothes with their toddler daughter but still thinks she's "fat".  Geez

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Basically she noted that no one in the Roloff family does dishes at all. Dishes are used and then placed in the sink and then they sit there forever and no one does them. In the *Botti* home, when you are done with a dish, you rinse it and you put it in the dishwasher like a decent person, thank you very much!

Another interesting undertone to this is that its really pretty clear that Audrey does the vast majority of the house work and the child rearing. Aside from "reading", its really pretty unclear what Jeremy does.

Also I did a lil research on this going platinum in YL oils and the couple different websites I found says someone who is a platinum seller is making about 15k a month. I personally don't know how true that figure is (I found it on several different "how to peddle YL stuff" and the sites I found were identical in how they described the profit levels of gold, silver, platinum, etc. 

Yeah, she really shouldn't spread her bullshit body image thoughts. She recently was showing off her body in yet another Fabletics video and I couldn't help but notice how thin she looked. 

And I might have opinions on how my in-laws live (and we've all seen the condition of the Roloff home over the years), but NEVER would I put them out there like that for all to hear. Holy shit.

I think Jer spends his days brooding and driving the mule around at the farm.

• Love 6

Eh, my vibe on Izzy and Jacob is that they rather get off on poking the bear that is Jeremy and Auj. 

I get it, I feel for Jacob in that his childhood as a tool of his narcissistic father was displayed publically to where I can recall fans "of a conservative nature" suggesting that Matt should discipline him by having brother Jeremy strap his backside with a leather belt so that Jacob would learn to love Jesus as Jeremy did.

And let's be real clear, the Roloffs protest all the time that they NEVER EVER read comments but they clearly do, and Matt was at one time merrily letting us all know he was writing a book about the "negative nellies" and how he was gonna show them how wrong and stupid they are, and Auj and Jer clearly scour their social media of anything but praise to where its actually a little creepy and suspicious how little criticism they can actually handle. But my point? Jacob has grown up hearing people discuss him and how his eyes are dark with Satan, and also empty, and how he should be honored to be stripped to the waist and whipped by his older brother Jeremy (who I suspect the posters also wanted stripped to the waist for their viewing pleasure) and forced to scream "I'M SORRY I SUCK! I"M A SHITTY SON TO MATT ROLOFF! I DESERVE TO GO TO HELL BUT PRAISE JESUS! PRAISE MY FAMILY THAT I SHAME DAILY! IN JESUS"S NAME I WILL ACCEPT JESUS AS MY SAVIOR BECAUSE JEREMY IS A SHINING GIFT FROM GOD!" - and kids, I am not even exaggerating the vitriol. 

Jacob knows this, he knows how to whip up fans and he's clearly got Izzy playing this game as well. My advice to Jacob? Follow Molly's example and get the hell out because this is a game you win by not playing. Sometimes the best way to solve family drama is to refuse to participate. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Follow Molly's example and get the hell out because this is a game you win by not playing. Sometimes the best way to solve family drama is to refuse to participate. 

Very true.

He's way too enmeshed living there with Amy. Both of them need to get real jobs & their own place. Right now with their own pretentious attitudes & living with mommy they're cut from the same cloth as Jer&Auj.

• Love 4

Jeremy misses Bend?  Why not move back?  They are off the show so there’s no reason to live near the farm.  I wonder when Auj will realize she is doing everything...clothing, oils, book, household.  While Jer struggles to get up in the morning by 7 to read his bible.

I still think the podcast is part of their book contract.

• Love 4

Episode Seven – Our Christmas Holiday Stuff aka How We Are Better Than You At This

We start with Auj mock singing Christmas songs. We dive into Jeremy sagely noting that they aren’t that into Christmas because they don’t put their decorations up in October. This somehow immediately leads to an amusing spat about how they ARE into Christmas but that unlike when they lived in Bend, they , can’t just randomly hack down a tree… except that they can?

Anyway, Christmas traditions and managing expectations! But first Jeremy feels he must lecture us all that Christmas is about Advent, the waiting and expectation of Christ. He’s been reading stuff, and people have forgotten the concept of Advent. He then reads out loud to us. So, this is actually a little condescending if only because it assumes the audience really doesn’t know the reason for the holiday.

Jeremy loves the Christmas weather. Auj loves seasons as well. Of course they love having a campfire in the fireplace which isn’t a campfire at all but ok. Auj loves *being cozy*. Jeremy loves giving gifts and Auj loves receiving gifts! They share part of a story that will be in the book – basically Jeremy turned an old kerosene lantern into an electric light.

Traditions! But first Auj must remind us that they love traditions and rhythms, that must be understood. They go off  on a lengthy tangent about a game involving a present overly wrapped and everyone wears oven mitts and I can see the potential fun for kids.

Their first Christmas was in Los Angeles. Auj worked the day before Christmas Eve and some days after. They bought a tiny tree for 80 bucks and thought they couldn’t afford it… and then took the tree to their AirBNB, which ok, I guess.

They have three core traditions. They have the Christmas journal, which Auj does and she writes down everything that they did! They also take Polaroids of themselves in pajamas! On Christmas morning! And they then make the pictures into ornaments! They always watch the Lego movie. They give each other Christmas pajamas. Jeremy isn’t into it, but he’s not in charge in this marriage. They make Christmas soup, which is Auj’s family tradition. They also go on a long prayer walk. They also let us know that on the first Christmas in Lake Arrowhead, they were the people who showed up to a church they’ve never attended before for the Christmas Eve service. Sorry, this might offend some but while I do believe churches should welcoming, its actually kind of asshole for people who don’t ever actually attend the church to show up for just the big holiday events.  

Also this is way more than three core traditions and they didn’t tell us which three make up the core three.

Then they were in Bend for the next Christmas. They chopped down a tree and Auj wants it VERY CLEAR that people on social media need to shut their mouths about complaining because they were very much ok to do it, thank you very much you haters!

They play chess or backgammon on Christmas. They go on and on about their awesome gifts.

They are working on two things. They are resisting consumerism (which makes their online businesses incredibly hilarious, and also the endless “OMG THIS IS SO CUTE AND COZY AND YOU CAN GET 5% OFF IF YOU USE MY CODE AUJANDJERHATECONSUMERISM” nonsense. They are watching how many gifts they give and receive for Ember and they haven’t had this discussion with family.

In fact they tout the fact that they basically refuse to be with family at Christmas time.

They also want to slow things down and not party so much. Jeremy goes on about consumerism and the burden of possessions. They won’t go to that fifth party until they have read the Christmas story in the Bible.

Auj wants to teach generosity to her kids. This leads into managing expectations and how to deal with multiple families. Basically they didn’t plan well last year. Weirdly this goes into a gross discussion about baby nails and how Auj hates to cut them and allows Jeremy to *bite them off* but Jer doesn’t do that now because he doesn’t want to teach Ember to bite her nails and last Christmas morning, Auj clipped Ember’s nails and they bled everywhere! Basically Auj wigged out and I think she is high maintenance.

Setting expectation management is key. This isn’t actually bad advice, basically discussing before you go in to a social setting what they want to have happen as far as minding the kid and who wants to do what.  Jer goes on about how once you’re married, you’re your own family, and this isn’t a sentiment I disagree with, I just think he’s being a bit smug about it and not realizing his family interactions aren’t the family interactions of everyone else.

Auj notes that people get really people pleasing and are hesitant to establish their own traditions, unlike her. I note that in their previous discussion Auj basically gets her way on traditions. Jeremy notes he tries not to be an ass over political discussion. Basically they suggest reminding each other not to bring up awkward topics. Jeremy then goes on about social media and how everyone has an opinion but it really doesn’t *need* to be spewed. Also, Jeremy feels we’re overwhelmed with a constant onslaught of examples of things that are better than us and I do find myself laughing out loud as they go on about how social media makes them consume more. Oh Jesus then Jeremy complains that he’s tried to make this point before on social media and people read his words but didn’t understand them and chided him and they were very very wrong as it’s ok to USE social media but Jeremy does it in a way that isn’t consuming him and therefore it’s ok.

You just have to laugh at his little dance. Apparently when he posts multiple times in a day, he’s nobly using social media for good and the rest of us are dimwitted morons who don’t understand Jeremy’s wisdom and truth and are of course being consumed by social media.

Jeremy’s thorn? The drobo again. He’s still mad about it, and it was expensive, guys! He’s frustrated!

Auj’s thorn? She failed to work out. And she’s working SO HARD, her mind is racing at night and she wakes up tired.

Auj’s rose? Hanging with Cambria her lesbian lover and going on a road trip with Jer and Cambria to the Always More warehouse.

Jer’s rose – Auj says it’s his book “Wild at Heart” – He thinks it’s a spiritual moment. Jer is going to cut his hair btw when we all donate 15k for clean drinking water.

So basically, they have no self awareness at all and don’t realize that going on social media to rail against social media is awkward, and that their entire business of clothes and marriage journals and millennial entrepreneurship is the two of them heartily endorsing consumerism as long as they personally profit from it. And FYI don’t you DARE suggest they are wrong to think gifts like a customized chess table isn’t an example of them embracing ridiculous consumerism.

No new info at all.

• Love 23

Anyway, Christmas traditions and managing expectations! But first Jeremy feels he must lecture us all that Christmas is about Advent, the waiting and expectation of Christ. He’s been reading stuff, and people have forgotten the concept of Advent. He then reads out loud to us. So, this is actually a little condescending if only because it assumes the audience really doesn’t know the reason for the holiday.

They must be the kind that are dead set on December 25th being Jesus’ bday. 

And they get more insufferable with each new podcast. It’s quite an impressive feat. 

• Love 6

I just question if they realize how not so great that they come off.

For starters, there are no truth bombs being "sprinkled" here. This is not a behind the scenes look at their lives. This is intended as a careful presentation of the two of them as a highly devote Christian couple.  They're obviously focused on profiting monetarily from their businesses. 

I'm tired of the talk about their *ministry* without any details of their actual Christian practices. How about a podcast on their religious beliefs? What flavor of Christian are they? Was Jeremy raised Pentacostal? Methodist? Episcopalian? They say they "home church" - what the fuck does that mean? DO they tithe to themselves? Do they tithe at all? Do they know what tithing is?

Since they home church, did Jer decide he's a preacher and baptize Ember of the Unchristian name in the tub with a "Praise Jesus and my ministry"? Who else belongs to this home church? Aside from "Jesus had a penis so men are in charge, and the women need men to lead them" what does Jeremy believe in the Bible? These two advocate convent marriage and DO present themselves as providing marital advice so how about Jeremy get off his ass in the garage, and tell us what a woman should do if her covenant husband beats her? Does Jeremy believe a beaten woman should stay in a home where a man strikes her? FOr Christ? Does he think it's the woman's fault and she should pray to be a better wife? We know he certainly believes divorce is WRONG so would he tell a woman with bruises on her face to get dwn on her knees and thank Jesus for the beating because she needed a lesson in minding her man better?

And I want little Miss Audrey "Always More!" Roloff to answer as well. Auj honey, if a wife is being beaten or humiliated by her covenant husband, is she is WRONG to leave? AUj? If Jeremy blackened your eye, would you say "thank you Jeremy, as your wife I accept your leadership thru Christ"? Because this is what these two are selling - NEVER LEAVE A MARRIAGE BECAUSE THATS BAD!

And I really doubt Auj would sit at her marriage journal with a broken nose and ask her six questions because if she leaves an abusive man, she is shit in Jesus's eyes, but that is exactly what these two are telling people. 

*For the record, not wishing spousal abuse on Auj but really she needs to consider what she is telling women to stay with. 

• Love 6
On 12/5/2018 at 10:25 AM, Rap541 said:

They also let us know that on the first Christmas in Lake Arrowhead, they were the people who showed up to a church they’ve never attended before for the Christmas Eve service. Sorry, this might offend some but while I do believe churches should welcoming, its actually kind of asshole for people who don’t ever actually attend the church to show up for just the big holiday events.  

But why?  My family attended church regularly when I was growing up. And we always attended Christmas Eve service (normally the late candle light service).  When I went to college I stopped going to church.  My parents then also moved out of state right as I graduated college. One year they actually came and stayed with me on Christmas. Since I did not attend a church my parents wanted to find one near me that we could attend for Christmas Eve because it was important for them. 

• Love 3

Because seating can be a problem and it's annoying to commit your time and energy to a church only to have to stand in the back on the big holidays because people who don't attend feel the need to attend the one or two services of the year that fill the church. No one would be so rude as to turn someone away but since guests have to be accomadated, it means cramped quarters and standing in the back.

*this isn't a huge rage point for me, I just think it's something people should consider - a LOT of people get the idea to attend church on Christmas Eve or Easter. Be courteous. 

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 2
On 12/1/2018 at 12:45 PM, gonecrackers said:

Wow; she's really sick - no joking; she's got serious issues. She shouldn't be speaking that way as it's so irresponsible given many suffer with eating disorders etc. & she'll be such a bad influence.

What was Jer's response to her sick comments?  Maybe he's part of the problem, wanting a stick thin wife who can share clothes with their toddler daughter but still thinks she's "fat".  Geez

She isn't sick, I know women like this.  They know they're thin, but they get off on having everyone else tell them that.

• Love 2

I think Jeremy was drinking whiskey, decided to cut his hair, and got the idea to sell it for charity. He's incoherent. 

Mais quelle déception! The fate of the precious shorn hair is unknown, but we are called to give up lattes as our contribution with the hope of a buzzed Jeremy. 

• Love 2

I'd personally want a darker color - I spill things too much for fluffy white.

And so far, the "Always believe in the MORE in you" catch phrase doesn't appear to be taking off.

I think a catch phrase has to have a quickly understandable meaning and not have to be explained. Never ever would I suspect it means "Always believe in the MORE in you" which is supposed to be the More you can do for God. And I haven't seen them do more for God just for themselves. They can't even explain their ministry coherently. To me, Always More seems to  mean the wearer always wants more of something. Chocolate? Vodka? Money? 

• Love 14

Its really the ministry aspect that irritates me. In part, because I don't think Ephesians 3:20, in context, means "always believe in the more in you". 

I'm also annoyed with the idea that running a for profit business is a ministry. 

• Love 8

The always more shit is exactly that...SHIT.

I don't see Audreys college mantra ALWAYS MOREEE taking off and making them rich.  Although there seems to be a small following of theirs willing to pay 65 dollars for a sherpa that you can buy at Wal-Mart or Amazon for 25 dollars.

• Love 1

Do we think that since they home church they will also home school? It’s gotta be that or private school, because I do not see them letting Ember get an education in a school that doesn’t teach their beliefs. I find it hard to believe they’d even allow her to befriend children that don’t share their beliefs, either. 

• Love 1