Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

So here's the thing. This article is basically another way of saying "we recommend a married couple spend time together, preferably with products we endorse!" It's clearly an advertisement for their little notebook - its a recommended gift after all, and the embedded links clearly are there for Jer and Auj's personal profit.

The problem is that there's the bones of a good article lurking there, and Auj really needs to get a proofreader (because the grammar errors are pretty bad, I am no grammar Nazi and when I can spot problems, you have problems) and she needs someone to edge her away from some wording that makes her sound bitchy.

Point - at the end of the day, I don't think she intended to sound like an ungrateful bitch for actually receiving gifts that were on her registry. I think her point was that some of the non registry gifts were unexpected pleasures. The problem is that the wording and tone of this article is pretty dismissive of the registry gifts (and we all know these two had a big wedding and a big registry) because she's implying that she preferred the surprise gifts over the things *she actually formalized in a list as gifts she wanted*.

She's also bucking the etiquette of wedding gifts a bit. Wedding gifts are intended to help a couple establish a household, traditionally, that's why they tend to be the kitchen and bedroom things. The *wedding* is not the place to give gifts designed to prevent divorce,  so its a lil tacky.

What I think she was going for was yes, an ad for the stupid notebooks, but also to make the point that a registry gift isn't required and that newlyweds do appreciate the non registry gifts. What ends up happening is that the article makes her look ungrateful - that the registry gifts were nice but she *REALLY LIKED x, y and Z* and she really would have preferred more AirBnb gift cards. A proofreader/editor would really help her.

• Love 4
On 6/7/2017 at 3:52 PM, Shmoopaloop said:

I gotta wonder how long they're gonna stay in that house. It's quite pricey for people living off of unpredictable reality show money. They don't seem like they save too much, with all their expensive clothes, trips, multiple cars, and all that jazz that I see on her blog. I know she was teaching barre classes, but that can't pay too well either. 

How much was it?? I was honestly surprised they didn't buy something newer and 'nicer'. 

• Love 1
(edited)
36 minutes ago, gunderda said:

How much was it?? I was honestly surprised they didn't buy something newer and 'nicer'. 

It was $465,000.  Didn't we all buy a $465,000 starter home 2 years into marriage?  (Not me.)  Let's add to that the cost of new flooring and a complete remodel of the kitchen.

Sheesh.  Must be nice.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

It was $465,000.  Didn't we all buy a $465,000 starter home 2 years into marriage?  (Not me.)  Let's add to that the cost of new flooring and a complete remodel of the kitchen.

Sheesh.  Must be nice.

holy moly!! maybe i wasn't paying much attention to the tv while they were inside lol 

I did hear her flippant comment about "and there's all hardwood floors under this carpet... that's easy to tear up, right?" 

My cousin and her husband bought their first house shortly after marriage which was about that price range.  Granted it's near Baltimore and her excuse to everyone was "yes, houses cost this much in this area" but i so badly wanted to say "well yea.... especially when it's a 4/5 bedroom house....with a den... and a large kitchen..... when most people might buy a 2 bedroom house first" lol 

• Love 5

Zach and Tori will have the last laugh, when a few years from now they're able to take their little one to Disney World because they have no mortgage payments, while Jerkwad and Fauxdry are facing foreclosure.

• Love 5

Jeremy and Audrey's house is only a 15 minute drive to the farm. I find it really strange they spent close to a half million for that. And the house itself really has no "wow" features, to me.

On 2017-6-8 at 6:35 AM, ZoloftBlob said:

Yeah, that "article" was yet another rehash of "Our one piece of advice is to have a DATE NIGHT OH JESUS NEVER EVER STOP DATING!" and various advertisements for their sponsors and their pet project

She sure does bring up condoms an awful lot.

On 2017-6-8 at 0:37 PM, ZoloftBlob said:

I think there's three cars and a motorcycle. I think the old VW van was sold at some point. They have the SUV, the four door newish car they do the trips from Bend to Portland in, the orange BMW, and possibly a blue jeep - but that hasn't been seen in a bit and may have been sold. Auj mentioned Jer's motorcycle being moved with them to Los Angeles, and then Auj also gifted Jeremy with another motorcycle in Bend so there may be two. So I'm really not feeling much sympathy for the hipsters who are worried about making the mortgage. If it's too much house, either buy a less expensive house or give up some of the toys. I mean really, do they have any idea that the baby will be expensive? I don't want to hear any financial whining from these two.

I read somewhere awhile back that her parents are very well off.

Perhaps they helped buy the house?

13 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Sheesh.  Must be nice.

Do they do lots of cooking that they would need an entire kitchen overhaul?

(edited)
7 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

Do they do lots of cooking that they would need an entire kitchen overhaul?

No clue about their cooking, but did you see the kitchen? I can picture it being at the top of Audrey's to do list. Honestly, it would be on mine, if I had the money.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

ed77d4470ca310267ee81402d10b683fl-m5xd-w

Gah!! The OCD part of me would go crazy until I could move the dishwasher and center that sink under the 2 windows.  Hell, if I were remodeling, I would take those out and put in one large window.

• Love 2
On 5/15/2017 at 1:55 PM, Willowsmom said:

I so hope Amy says "I raised my kids, YOU raise yours".

She could also say she is busy helping Tori & Zach with Jackson. 

• Love 1

Watching Odd Auj as I'm catching up on older episodes, she isn't very attractive at all without her hair dyed and done, and the half a pint of face spackle she usually wears.  She was a total bitch in the episode where Amy went on the first bike ride.  I could make a bit of an excuse for Jeremy.  Most adult children have some of the same thoughts when a parent first begins dating.  However, most of the rest of us have the good sense to keep them to ourselves and not say them out loud much less to a camera. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I'm so surprised they can afford (after renovations) a $500,000 house.  How much was Zack's purchased for?

If Zach bought it in 2013, it was $260,000.

On 6/9/2017 at 4:34 PM, Caracoa1 said:

Rock Creek....very expensive!

That's where my parents live! Of course, they've got a ton of equity and their mortgage payment is less than $800/month. It's a great, family neighborhood 

On 6/9/2017 at 8:53 PM, MischaMouse said:

Portland area housing is very expensive. I wouldn't call Rock Creek a nice area, but it's probably the best they could do for the money. Also not too far from the farm.

Actually, it is a nice area. Some of the homes are older, but most are remodeled and aren't "cookie cutter" homes. The homes near the golf course are nicer, too.

• Love 1

I get the feeling Audrey isn't too thrilled being pregnant...it does take a lot out of your body and for a vain person such as Audrey that has to be difficult.  You could tell they were trying to hide their disappointment when finding out they were having a girl.  Audrey must be thinking... I have to go thru another whole pregnancy in the future to give our family a son...and even that isn't guaranteed.

• Love 4

Jer isn't going to be very happy throwing his hot dog down a hallway after the baby pushed through...if you get my drift.

The girl child will be the natural center of attention, stealing the spotlight off her fame hungry mother...Odj really didn't think this out in the baby race with Tori.

She could have shilled her dopey skin, hair,oil products as pregnancy prep products but she didn't want her rival to get too far ahead of the baby game.

Hair thinning, which is normal after a pregnancy, skin pallor faded, body stretched out like a bouncy house deflated...Auj will become frightfully thin as an over reaction to her post pregnancy body.

Watch for increasingly attention, seeking FB, IG ...across all her platforms.

• Love 4

I wonder if Odj will insist upon a meds-free treehouse birth where she and Jer recite their wedding vows and fill out their Navigator's Council page for the week as she pushes out the red-headed, curly-haired princess? Stay tuned.

Sometimes reading the comments on her social media posts is as punishing as reading the posts themselves.  All the sunshine blowing from people who congratulate her for apparently being the only young person who 1) subscribes to a religion, and 2) takes her marriage seriously.  All sorts of praise for her being "brave" to speak out, and "you just don't hear that from many young'ins these days."  Maybe that's because most young couples are busy getting their lives in order, focusing on building actual careers as well as their marriage, and don't feel the need to dispense marriage advice after being married for 20 minutes. 

• Love 7

It's mostly ass kissing and a lot of those folks really don't realize that there's a lot of young religious sorts out there. They're just not on tv so they don't get the boost of advertising. And Audrey is basically saying what the older religious crowd wants to hear - a young woman saying she is theoretically obedient to her man (it escapes them, I suspect, that Auj chose a man she can easily control) and that she loves Jesus. What I have noticed, when poking these sorts, is that no one who adores her Christian side really wants to discuss how Auj chants her wedding vows to Jesus as Jeremy thrusts his cock into her

• Love 1

I wonder how much $$ the show pays Jer and Aug for the season.  I think I read about this one; 

Chelsea Houska

Adam Lind claimed in March 2016 that Chelsea made $250,000 for season 6, and believed “Chelsea’s contract will be up to 300k plus for new seasons.”

The Ashley's Reality Roundup backed up this claim.  http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/teen-mom-salary-125059/photos/chelsea-houska-231903#photo-anchor

So I'm pretty sure with the small cast doing the same one hour show each week on LPBW they are paid at least double EACH.  They can afford the home and anything that comes with it.

Never underestimate Matt.  He's set these kids up for life.  I'm sure they have a wonderful investment program for when the show ends.  Count on it.  TLC and MTV are the Money Trees!

• Love 2

From a recent online article:

"Little People, Big World is actually in its second incarnation after a break of a couple of years following the initial 2006-2010 run. That means that the show was popular enough for TLC to bring it back, and it remains one of the more popular shows on the network. For this reason, it’s likely that the principal players bring in around $10k or more per episode. At 12 episodes per season, that’s 120 large. That’s not Kardashian money, but it’s not minimum wage, either."

• Love 2

I think Matt would negotiate much higher.   This is HIS business and he's very good at it. 

TLC has not published any information regarding compensation of the Roloff family for being on the show "Little People, Big World". However, according to Celebrity Net Worth, Matt and Amy Roloff have a net worth of $4.5 million dollars.

(edited)
22 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think Matt would negotiate much higher.   This is HIS business and he's very good at it. 

TLC has not published any information regarding compensation of the Roloff family for being on the show "Little People, Big World". However, according to Celebrity Net Worth, Matt and Amy Roloff have a net worth of $4.5 million dollars.

But Amy still needs her good friends to spring for baby gear. Show or no show I'd have opted out of that grandma shower crap.

Edited by gonecrackers
clarification
  • Love 3

Didn't little people big world get brought back after the Duggar demise? I don't remember the exact timeline but I thought that's what it was.

Pretty much. Like Absolom said, they took a cut when the show was returned  - they used to film 40 episode seasons, and now its ten, the exotic vacations have toned down and frankly they really lucked out that Josh Duggar molested his sisters. Now with babies on the way, especially dwarf babies, they've got next season in the bag.

I think Matt would negotiate much higher.  

I think Matt loves attempting to negotiate higher but there's only so much gold in these reality tv show hills. Here's how you know TLC isn't paying out on Matt's every whim - despite the season long whining, Matt clearly doesn't have the funds to fund his new house all on his own. He's not paying child support or alimony, he owns half of the farm, there's income from the pumpkin farm and in theory he makes 15k an episode. That may easily cover his current place, all the toys and fun, and the carrying costs of the farm... but he's not able to just say fuck you to Amy and build his awesome place all on his own.

I mean, you're speculating in an earlier post that each member of the cast makes in one season twice what Chelsea Houska is making, so you think each member of the family earns 500k per season (that's twice what Chelsea makes) If Matt is really making 500k, he's openly choosing to make himself miserable rather than build his dream house... because that's housebuilding money right there. He owns the land, which is a big part of the cost. If he's really the master mind of money and has an income of 500k then he's living in misery out of spite and not because he can't afford it. Or, clever nasty asshole he is, he has the money, sadfaces on camera how *Amy* needs to help him and won't, and basically delights in yet again being the sad little victim, all the while having the money needed to build the house he wants.

OR - he's getting 15k per episode as cited in a later post of yours, and makes 150k off the show (which FYI isn't chump change) for the ten episode season, which is a great supplement to the pumpkin business and allows him to have fun and maintain his position... but probably doesn't allow him to build a new house, at least not without giving up some of the constant fun treats.

Also honestly, if Jeremy is making 500k per season, there's really no reason to worry about a 465k house and he's actually not a good enough of an actor, and neither is Auj, to make me think he wasn't worried about the cost of the house.

I absolutely think they're making a nice wage from the show (and funny how *Matt* used to kvetch and moan on line how very *little* they received for the show) and I genuinely don't think any of them need to work at real jobs to supplement their income but set for life? I doubt it, especially the younger family members.

• Love 2

Oh I think we shall agree to disagree.  I think Matt is rolling in the dough...well half the dough.  He and Amy own half and half of the farm.  Any improvements or additions to the farm have to be agreed to by both parties.  If Matt uses his bankroll then Amy's farm share increased due to a higher appraisal. 

I also believe every single change to the property has to be agreed to by both parties.  Matt had a big hee haw bringing Caryn into the meeting on the sandbox.  I think his theory is if you get half by default then you are paying for half.  How could she refuse to build a sandbox for new borns.  lol

I often wonder if Chris thinks about how Amy would speak to him if he put a ring on it?  Maybe he's just not going there.  Most married and divorced I know don't want to throw their hat in the ring unless they have no money. 

I also think producers, writers and Roloffs gather round and throw out ideas on topics that might make good tv.  Everybody knows this is all scripted and clever Matt is never going to divulge he has money!

9 minutes ago, Absolom said:

One thing I have learned from a family member who has read TLC contracts:  pretty much no one is making what the internet claims they are. 

Wasn't it Simon that divulged what Teen Mom 'stars' were being paid?

I think Matt is rolling in the dough...well half the dough.  He and Amy own half and half of the farm.  Any improvements or additions to the farm have to be agreed to by both parties.  If Matt uses his bankroll then Amy's farm share increased due to a higher appraisal. 

Oh I think he has money. I just think a lot of his networth is wrapped up in the land for the farm, and he doesn't have the money to casually blow on building a perfect little cabin. Remember, Amy hasn't said no to that little improvement at all, just that she's not contributing any money towards it. If Matt's rich as fuck, he can build his own house. Or you know, cry and moan that he needs Amy to contribute and until she does, even though he's rich as fuck and rolling in dough, he's going to continue to be miserable and uncomfortable in the horrible double wide.

If he's the clever fuck rolling in dough and has the money, then he's choosing to be miserable because he'd rather be miserable and whining and living in the double wide than spend his own cash on his own house. If he can't screw Amy out of money to get it, then he'd rather pout and bitch.

And you know, be rich enough to be happy. If the money is there without Amy's assistance, why be miserable? Oh right, Matt loves the attention of being the victim. I have utterly no sympathy - if he's genuinely rich enough to build that cabin without Amy's assistance and chooses not to out of spite, then he deserves his sad pitiful uncomfortable life that he willingly chooses for himself.

I also believe every single change to the property has to be agreed to by both parties. 

I believe Amy's only objection was that she was not paying for it. Matt is free to build his little love shack with his own money.

Matt had a big hee haw bringing Caryn into the meeting on the sandbox.  I think his theory is if you get half by default then you are paying for half.  How could she refuse to build a sandbox for new borns.  lol

Sure, because nothing says "I'm cool as shit" like making your lover and your ex wife attend a meeting together. How precious and amusing is Matt, passive aggressively forcing a situation to be awkward. What a blessing he is! Heck, this is right up there with Matt stating he plays the "I'm dying" card to get his way and actually offering to stir up shit so Jeremy could have the baby shower where Matt wanted. What a loving man.

On an aside - until the children are born and walking, a sandbox will just sit outside in the elements for the farm animals and pets to use as a toilet. A giant sandbox that can't be used by pumpkin guests and is actually a bit of a liability may not be such a great idea.

I also think producers, writers and Roloffs gather round and throw out ideas on topics that might make good tv.  Everybody knows this is all scripted and clever Matt is never going to divulge he has money!

Yes, like the giant sandbox. And the survival storage container that is either full of rotting neglected supplies or already removed from the farm. And the wine cellar in the barn that was never really completed and at last check was full of spiders, snakes and standing water.

If Matt doesn't want to divulge he has money, oh well. But if Matt has money and publically whines that he lives in a shitty double wide trailer because his ex-wife won't help him out with the expense of building a new home, then Matt's an asshole for lying, and he's choosing his own misery.

• Love 6

I do not understand the big deal about the sand box.  A sand box!!! Was it going to be gold plated?  Of course, with Matt it probably has to be the size of an olympic swimming pool.  If you want a sand box for the grandkids, Matt, build one.  Otherwise, shut up.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, camom said:

I do not understand the big deal about the sand box.  A sand box!!! Was it going to be gold plated?  Of course, with Matt it probably has to be the size of an olympic swimming pool.  If you want a sand box for the grandkids, Matt, build one.  Otherwise, shut up.

From what I understand he wants to build a sandbox metropolis.

• Love 3

Without picking at it too hard, here's the sandbox thing. Matt wants to build it because sandboxes hearken back to the good old days of his childhood where people were more into sandboxes. He wants it to be grandious and different because basically he wants to prove he's a cool granpa who cares and building a monstrously large custom sandbox means "Matt's a cool granddad!". Whether the kids will even play in it is really not the issue... and they would probably be perfectly content to play in a plastic kiddy pool filled with sand, aka the sandbox I had as a kid, or even just mud or a pile of cow manure because kids don't care. The only reason to spend money and have a meeting over this is Matt's ego. Point - I genuinely question if they could even open this giant sandbox up for pumpkin season because letting a whole bunch of toddlers play in and possibly pee in a giant sandbox sounds like a problem. So this giant sandbox would be for the grandkids only...

• Love 5

What is "a tearful illumination of the past two years"? I'm confused.

Iillumination of the past is something they got from A Severe Mercy, when the author Sheldon Vanauken's wife dies, he rereads all their journals they wrote and kept of each year they were together( sound familiar) reread books the couple read and listened to the music the couple listened to while together. he calls it the illumination of the past- to relive and grieve for the life he had had with his wife. 

Go  read the book and you will find that this couple is trying to be Sheldon and Davy. the journaling, the naming of their places and specific seasons in tiger lives, and "doing something the other likes because if they like it there must be something to like about it"- all came straight from this book. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Claire1745 said:

Iillumination of the past is something they got from A Severe Mercy, when the author Sheldon Vanauken's wife dies, he rereads all their journals they wrote and kept of each year they were together( sound familiar) reread books the couple read and listened to the music the couple listened to while together. he calls it the illumination of the past- to relive and grieve for the life he had had with his wife.

Thank you! 

Still confused a bit because NOBODY DIED!!! :D

Does this Sheldon Vanauken person know that Jerk and Odd are pilfering his ideas for their website in order to make money?  Because I would be most annoyed if I were him.  I'm sure his work must be copyrighted.   Do they give him any kind of credit?  Or better yet, a share of their "profits?"  He could take his monthly check from them and buy himself a can of pop or something! 

• Love 5

I've always found their fascination with A Severe Mercy to be a little odd, considering how pro-having kids they've always insisted they are. Sheldon and Davy didn't have kids by choice, because children would detract from their true love for each other.

She's also hinting that Jeremy has been seeing a doctor for some reason. I saw this referenced on her instragram posts as well, she said something in an instastory (which I still can't access, I'm such a n00b) that implied to worried fans that Jeremy was looking at having some surgery.

She said this in her Instagram - "I wholeheartedly believe that the Lord has been protecting me from a lot of the typical pregnancy pitfalls and discomforts because the rest of my life has offered plenty of that lately… Moving, buying our first home, lots of doctors apt (for Jeremy AND me), @beating50 my clothing line @shopalwaysmore writing ALWAYS MORE Devotionals, blog posts, filming for LPBW, traveling between Bend and Portland, and being 6 months pregnant??‍"

So, I've genuinely tried not to slag on someone who is pregnant because people always cry and moan how the prego is pregnant. But...

I'm amused to note in this statement of how her life is filled with discomforts and pitfalls, she's not mentioning the funfilled New Year's Eve vacation to NYC, the mid week ski trip "just because" or the week long babymoon at the luxury hotel in Hawaii.

She's made 11 posts on the aujpoj blog since becoming pregnant and I am generously including 4 posts made in December and January. She's made 11 blog posts on beating50percent, and I am generous there as well, including posts made in December and January AND including all of Jeremy's posts since I assume she writes them.

She works part time as a barre3 instructor. I'm going to generously assign 20 hours a week to that, I personally think it's much less. She also has been filmed house hunting which means she is earning 15k an episode to do necessary chores that most pregnant women don't get paid to do.

She doesn't have to worry about finding a daycare so she can go back to work or whether or not her workplace has a lactation room. She describes in lavish detail how she lavishes herself with fancy products. There's no concern about how any of this stuff that she doesn't have yet for the baby will cost - she just wants tips on what everyone thinks is the best.

Celia - Poor Sheldon is long dead and childless so he can be safely stolen from.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Does this Sheldon Vanauken person know that Jerk and Odd are pilfering his ideas for their website in order to make money?  Because I would be most annoyed if I were him.  I'm sure his work must be copyrighted.   Do they give him any kind of credit?  Or better yet, a share of their "profits?"  He could take his monthly check from them and buy himself a can of pop or something! 

He died 21 years ago,  had no children and never remarried. He had a younger brother, but no idea if he is still alive or not. 

• Love 3