Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

I just read Audrey's gender reveal post bc I like to procrastinate. 

I designed the party cups to be team boy (motorcycle) and team girl (lips) as well as team boy and team girl napkins!

These Roloffs are just so big on gender essentialism & conformity, I can't. Not surprising, of course, considering everything we know about them. But I'm gonna reiterate my hope that their daughter upends all of their dated, sexist stereotypes and gives 'em hell. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, galax-arena said:

But I'm gonna reiterate my hope that their daughter upends all of their dated, sexist stereotypes and gives 'em hell. 

Agreed. Also, lips?? Do you think Audrey is aware that boys have lips too?

• Love 6

I designed the party cups to be team boy (motorcycle) and team girl (lips) as well as team boy and team girl napkins!

She was probably just bragging how awesome of a designer she is, after all she does have her very own clothing line. It takes great imagination to pick out two designs from stock photos and to place two words (always more) on shirts of all different shapes and colors. 

Oh I forgot and putting those words on a bar necklace!

creative juices at their finest. 

• Love 2

So I want to be fair. I don't find it unusual at *a gender reveal party* to do team boy and team girl gender specific decorations. I hate the idea of red lipsticked lips as "girl" to Audrey, but then I have always found Audrey's fascination around bright red lips to be an odd quirk. Its a gender reveal party and they are somewhat conservative, so its hardly surprising. What I do wonder about is both of them wearing pink clothes. First, I think someone tipped them off. Second, this was clearly designed to be filmed. I wonder sometimes if either of them ever feel or want anything other than to be "Jeremy and Auj, always within arm's reach of each other". I mean, they don't have discernible jobs other than to be married on camera. They don't seem to do anything other than be together, *fighting for their marriage* and talking about their marriage, and having fond memories of their wedding day and taking pictures of each other holding hands, and making weird little videos of each other... Do they ever go out alone? They certainly don't have jobs so is it togetherness all day everyday?

• Love 3

I don't find it unusual at *a gender reveal party* to do team boy and team girl gender specific decorations

I don't find it unusual or surprising, I just find it annoying. As I do most gender reveal parties that rely on this sort of thing. 

• Love 1
On 4/1/2017 at 8:50 PM, ZoloftBlob said:

Oh thank god!

I mean, I am not an asshole to the extreme - but I genuinely worried that  a boy from Zach  who potentially will be a dwarf, would recreate the same ugly dynamic if Jeremy also had a boy since they'd be close in age. Now things wont be so competitive.

Does Jeremy's baby have the same chance as Zach's to be born with dwarfism?  Since J & Z are twins, and their own genetic material is the same (?) - won't they both have a 1/4th chance of having a dwarf?  That's what my 4th grade Mendel's peas education tells me...

Edited by heatherchandler

No. Zach and Amy are achrondoplasic dwarfs - its a dominate gene. Amy and Zach both have a 50 percent chance of having achon dwarf children because they carry the gene. The gene is dominate tho, and Jeremy doesn't have it (he'd be a dwarf like Zach if he did) and has the same chance of having a dwarf child any other average height person has. There's a small chance that Jeremy is a carrier for Matt's form of dwarfism, but both he and Audrey would need to be carriers to have a child with dyastrophic dwarfism. Jeremy and Zach are fraternal twins so as brothers they have similar DNA but not identical.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

No. Zach and Amy are achrondoplasic dwarfs - its a dominate gene. Amy and Zach both have a 50 percent chance of having achon dwarf children because they carry the gene. The gene is dominate tho, and Jeremy doesn't have it (he'd be a dwarf like Zach if he did) and has the same chance of having a dwarf child any other average height person has. There's a small chance that Jeremy is a carrier for Matt's form of dwarfism, but both he and Audrey would need to be carriers to have a child with dyastrophic dwarfism. Jeremy and Zach are fraternal twins so as brothers they have similar DNA but not identical.

Thank you for that. I assumed Jeremy had a higher-than-normal chance of having an LP child.

I actually feel sorry for the kid based on the gender reveal decorations. Boys do things like ride motorcycles and girls? Girls kiss. Girls use their lips and their sexuality to get by. I suspect that kid is going to get a huge dose of "You're a girl so you need to be pretty for boys!" Also JerBear has written a delightfully arrogant and not terribly grammatical blog post on how he supports boundaries in marriage and no matter what the situation, anyone who disagrees with his view that a married man should never be alone with a woman not his wife is just making excuses. Also he's been married for two and a half years and is calling himself a newlywed. I sort of find it hilarious that Jeremy's most significant accomplishment is managing to get married and NOT cheat on his wife... I am really really waiting to hear how its so hard to be raising a child with two parents at home and neither working more than part time. Because you know that's coming. And I can already see Audrey taking her stand on how no matter what anyone says, no matter how bad she might feel about a particular symptom, she is IN GLORY because of the child in her belly. I *really* hope that Jer and Auj are totally filmed gritting their teeth with "YES WE'RE HAPPY THE BABY IS HERE AND CRYING!"

• Love 3

I mostly enjoy his clueless arrogance. In one breath he's assuring you he's not an expert, and in the next he's telling the audience any and every obstacle is "seemingly required" and "seemingly impossible circumstances". I mean, this is coming from Jeremy Roloff who's only lengthy employer to date is a man who fucks his staff.  Jeremy who has NEVER worked in a setting where he wasn't the boss's son is arrogantly telling people to demand certain working conditions and any whining is those people just not wanting to comply with his advise. Thus speaks a man who has never had to worry that his boss just might tell him no, that if he can't be in a room alone with a woman without whipping his dick out and violating her, then maybe he's a man who doesn't need to work for Company X.

And now that we *know* Jeremy Roloff's views, I really think the big boy needs to have some words with his father about how Daddy FUCKS THE EMPLOYEES. I mean, to a point, I do understand why Jeremy thinks this way - his dad is his example and when Matt's alone with female employees, apparently he dates them.

I really trust Jeremy and Audrey will publically comment on how along with not exposing their little precious to Amy's sexuality, that they will not be ok with Matt displaying any sexuality at all, especially now that they know Matt is a man who fucks his employees. I mean, Jeremy and Audrey are still on Team Matt and Amy, so they better demand Daddy Matt be as chaste as they expect Amy to be... and they better be as publically and vocally disappointed.

And I just disagree with the need for special boundaries. If you marry, then the boundary is established. You don't have sidepieces or affairs or one night stands if you're married. I do actually appreciate the respect aspect of the argument, I just think there's another side to that. If your spouse doesn't respect you enough to trust you to be alone with someone without committing an affair, then you have a respect problem in your marriage. If you have to prove to your spouse that you are faithful by publically declaring you won't be alone at certain functions, then you have a trust problem in your marriage.

I'm also not impressed with how Jeremy cites himself as sacrificing for God and his marriage and being selfless in this. Let me help you out, Jeremy. When you took a vow to be married, you vowed to not cheat on your wife with others. That's the whole point of the vow, you're forsaking all others. It's a very *minimal* achievement to not cheat on your wife and if you're that tempted you have to isolate yourself, I suspect you have bigger problems in your marriage.

• Love 7

Jeremy who has NEVER worked in a setting where he wasn't the boss's son is arrogantly telling people to demand certain working conditions and any whining is those people just not wanting to comply with his advise. Thus speaks a man who has never had to worry that his boss just might tell him no, that if he can't be in a room alone with a woman without whipping his dick out and violating her,

Exactly! And near the end of that drivel, Jeremy mentions the idea of "required" one-on-one dinners for work reasons and claims that in those situations it's not difficult to simply bring someone else along. What this intellectual lightweight pretty boy doesn't get is that even that puts an unfair burden upon women* compared to their male coworkers that could hurt them professionally. 

Everyone I've talked to thinks that boundaries are good. Boundaries by themselves aren't unreasonable IMO. I just think that this particular boundary is bullshit. 

* Or men if we're talking about a female boss... but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that a woman in a similar position of authority is about 100% less likely to have that asinine boundary in the first place. 

• Love 4

Plus I suspect, since Jeremy has never worked in the real world, that he doesn't understand that it can backlash. Try being a woman who won't be alone with a male boss without a chaperone. Now, I will say, at my place of work, such a request would be tolerated (because particularly if you couch it in "i'm religious" theme, it can get you sued if you don't allow it) but it would mark you as awkward to work with and you'll get passed over for someone who doesn't have constraints or issues. And that's perfectly legal if they don't spell it out - there's always a different reason why you're not getting promoted.

If Jer and Auj want to impose this boundary on themselves, they are free to do so. I simply note that neither work so their insistence that its super easy to insist upon in a workplace is not coming from any actual experience on their part. And people who have no practical experience in the modern work world really need to stop arrogantly insisting that people who choose to not follow their advice do so because they aren't strong enough to want their marriage to work and allow themselves to be constrained by "seemingly" required things.

Since Jeremy has never had the balls to actually get a job his daddy didn't hand him, and Audrey lasted what, six months in her one job before they both fell back on whoring themselves on reality tv where they get paid to pretend to work, perhaps they should reconsider arrogantly dismissing workplace rules and customs as "seemingly required".

• Love 5

I also question how deeply they hold this belief. Is Audrey allowed to be alone with Matt? Her father in law but still a non relative? Is Jeremy allowed to be alone with Audrey's mom?

Or does this no contact alone rule only apply to *people they'd consider fucking*?

• Love 2

I can see why Jeremy and Audrey need to have the boundaries of not being alone with the opposite sex. Jeremy was and did have an emotional affair (straight from his blog) with a girl in SB. I bet Audrey is wary of Jeremy being alone with girls to if It has already happened before. Didn't something similar to this happen when he was in high school with his 1st gf and Kirsten (2nd gf)? kind of a pattern. 

And I'd say 6 months is being generous. Hired before wedding postponed for honeymoon, broken foot, long thanksgiving vacation and Christmas vacation and quit in January. 

• Love 1

Yes there was the girl in Santa Barbara - although the discussion of that has been soundly excised from the blog. I will say, with respect to Sarah and Kirsten that these relationships were far enough back and early enough that I'd be more forgiving of mishaps. Kids do dumb things. But the girl in SB situation was an adult relationship so it's fair for Audrey to be concerned - if perhaps a little paranoid. As I recall, and correct me if I am wrong, Jer and Auj were merely dating long distance when he went to school. They weren't engaged until late in his schooling. I don't know that I'd call it cheating if they were in a casual long distance relationship.

See? I can be fair.

I am being generous with the work time for Audrey because frankly it hurts my argument not at all to call it six months instead of three. Six months of work is not long enough for her or Jer (who doesn't even have six months) to tell people off for not bucking corporate rules and customs. When Jeremy sits Daddy Matt down on camera and notes how Daddy Matt needs to respect the female staff by NEVER BEING ALONE WITH THEM or else Daddy Matt is wrong and Jeremy will judge him wrong regardless of any consequence, then Jeremy can snot to others how he stood up for his beliefs in the work environment and they should too.

• Love 2

I think he's genuinely referring to leaving milk out from the fridge as a way to be cute about "setting a boundary".

It's interesting that I actually think there's the potential for having a valid point in that article - that having boundaries in a marriage is about respect, but he manages to ruin it with his douchebag arrogance.  He repeatedly insists, especially when anyone disagrees with him, that's he's not presenting himself as an expert on anything, but at the same time speaks with disdain and in absolutes about opinions that differ from his.

He presents the Pence thing with an eye rolly "disturbance in the force" remark - and hey Jer-Bear Walking With Jesus Always? Star Wars isn't Christian FYI. He then expresses disdain that anyone has a problem with it - "people were absurdly defaming and criticizing the Pence’s because of their boundary"

So to be clear, Jeremy is NO EXPERT but anyone who disagrees with Mike Pence is absurd, is defaming Pence, and is criticizing Pence. The only remark that isn't Jeremy arrogantly deciding what's right is the criticizing.

Then we get "What shocked me most about this outrage was that it was not just targeting their specific boundary regarding one-on-one time with the opposite sex… Oh no, the backlash via twitter responses and articles across the web extended to boundaries in general as being oppressive and disrespectful to women. How ridiculous! This boundary might be the epitome of respect itself!"

So lets be clear, people who don't agree with Jeremy Roloff are *ridiculous* and he is a man and manfully says people who disagree with him are ridiculous... except you know, he's no expert. Because Jeremy always needs an out where he can claim he wasn't being an arrogant douche who calls people who disagree with him "ridiculous".

Any opportunity to convince someone like me - a moderate who genuinely thinks there's valid reasons for Mike Pence to not be alone with women - namely he's a public figure and people sue at the drop of a hat these days and I really don't have issues with a guy saying out of respect for his wife, he doesn't go out with other women to dinner without her being there... but now I am told anything other than complete agreement is "ridiculous" and "absurd" and "defaming"... 

I mean, I accept I have my own bias - I'm unlikely to be convinced by Jeremy because I know this blog is basically a cynical attempt to monetize his fame into a career as a Christian speaker (or rather to propel Audrey into that role, Jeremy is never going to make it as a speaker) but really, telling people how they're stupid if they don't agree with you isn't a great way to go.

• Love 3

I wonder how many times Matt was alone with Caryn while he was still married to Amy, hmmm.  

Maybe Jeremy has a personal reasons to feel so strongly about the subject ... he's seen what can happen, ha

And since Jeremy needs to preach it, I have an absolute expectation that since Jeremy had a big enough set of balls to bitch on his tv show how he did not approve of Mom's relationship, he damn well better man up and explain to Matt why Matt is wrong. Because if he doesn't, he's a sexist cowardly little bitch. Because his dad is as wrong as his mom.

Unless you know, Jeremy isn't man enough to disagree with his dad.

• Love 6

New TLC commercial with Matt announcing that he and Caryn are officially dating.

Then you see the 3 in a meeting with Amy leaving as the closing shot...hopefully she is going directly to hire her a CPA to watch the farm's books and to go over the past years' financials.

I threw up a little in my mouth metaphorically for Amy.

• Love 2

"The Married" are getting worse...They actually have the arrogance to believe they can give out serious real life advice on subjects they have absolutely zero practical experience.  When one of their fans is fired from their very real life job and can't make rent are Jeremy and Audrey going to cover it?!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Amy promoting Navigator's Council

I can't get past the huge crack in that teacup.  It makes a pretty little picture but that thing is not safe to drink out of. 

That is just my petty observation for the night. Over and out.

On 4/15/2017 at 3:47 PM, galax-arena said:

Exactly! And near the end of that drivel, Jeremy mentions the idea of "required" one-on-one dinners for work reasons and claims that in those situations it's not difficult to simply bring someone else along. What this intellectual lightweight pretty boy doesn't get is that even that puts an unfair burden upon women* compared to their male coworkers that could hurt them professionally.

I frequently travel with men I work with (!) and eat with them as well (!), and astonishingly, everyone has managed not to try to fuck everyone else. We're all smart, reasonably attractive humans, and yet boundaries have never even had to be discussed. We're all colleagues and we value our jobs; we're also married to others, and we seem to be able to understand what that means.

A couple of years ago, a client of mine and I decided to go for a bite to eat after a long meeting. He told me on the way that he'd "better" call his wife to join us, or there would be hell to pay. I told him that to avoid any chance of concern on her part, perhaps he should drop me off back at my car and instead go to dinner with her.  

Edited by Literata
  • Love 11

I haven't been on LPBW forums in a while but after seeing the ad for the new season, I thought I'd stop in to see what's been happening...

HOLY SHIT!  Oddj is PREGNANT?????  OMG...I am anticipating all the preciousness, the hipster expertise, the setting up of "boundaries" they expect the family to follow...I don't know if I'll be able to stand it.  I can't imagine how often the high maintenance princess and her unemployed man-child husband will flood their various social media accounts with minute by minute details of Spawn of Roloff's gestation.

Everyone who thought April the Giraffe's pregnancy was drawn out and over exposed, you ain't seen nothin' yet. 

• Love 19

I was bored so I decided to take a look at Jeremy's old Go Life or Bust website (thanks, archive.org!) and found his unintentionally hilarious #BraidIt blog post. I haven't seen that slogan pop up recently. Funny, considering they yammered on about how it was a slogan of their love. Guess they stopped trying to make fetch happen. 

From the Beating50 twitter: "We're so thrilled to see all the #navigatorscouncil journals out there! Thanks for tagging us!"

Going through the tag, I see a grand total of 3 separate people who have the tag. That sure is a lot! 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, galax-arena said:

From the Beating50 twitter: "We're so thrilled to see all the #navigatorscouncil journals out there! Thanks for tagging us!"

Going through the tag, I see a grand total of 3 separate people who have the tag. That sure is a lot! 

It's up to a whopping 5, lol!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Oh don't worry about them, AZChristian. They'll just erase the comments and then whine and cry how they are being attacked for their beliefs

Yup, they have zero comments and 21 likes.

Still blows my mind people are wasting money on this when the questions are on their cite and you can go purchase a calendars for $5.

I know, I know there are devotionals every week. Get the Bible app and do their reading plans. They have them on marriage, love, sex, money, fighting, etc. FOR FREE.  You and your spouse can go over a devotional everyday of the week instead of just one. 

• Love 1

I think the fact that Jeremy was going on about how Zach was ahead of him makes me think you're correct, Darknight. Although if they are theoretically needing to move, per this episode, they did badly time the pregnancy.

And they've been pretty quiet about moving. Mind you, I really want Jer to move back to the farm because I predicted long ago that we were going to see him at 30, living on the farm and working for Daddy because  the real world was too hard, and not fun.

And you know what? I really hope I am wrong, that they really did just want a kid and this isn't wrapped up in some insane need to seek attention and get the farm claimed.

• Love 2