Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Do Not Disturb

• Start Topic

Travis struggles to connect with Chris while searching for shelter.  Meanwhile, Alicia meets a lonely woman with a bloody past.

The usual rules apply; please do NOT post spoilers or discuss The Walking Dead here (that's for over here).

As always, be civil and be respectful to your fellow posters, and thanks for posting at Previously.TV!

That was good. Minimal Maddie; no Nick. Alicia made some dumb choices I thought, but she managed to survive and still look fabulous! I like budding Governor (or whatever the Mexican equivalent is) Chris, simply because a quick redemption arc wouldn't be in character. He's killed. He likes killing. He's not going to stop. I predict he'll have the new "gang" following him in no time, rather than them being a bad influence on him. I guess Mexican bars have a trap door behind the bar? I wish I'd worked there! So much easier to get ice and restock!

• Love 14

That episode made no fucking sense at all.  Are we supposed to be SURPRISED that Chris is a fucking psycho?  Travis, you might want to think about leaving your boy with the Ryan Lochte wanna-bes and go look for your wife.  She might be a pill but at least you can turn your back on her.

• Love 9

I've really decided Everybody Should Just Hate Chris. I'll be president of the club. I really want Travis to have Chris look at the flowers. I'm done with this character. What really bunches my shorts is that none of the young ones wanted to stay at the damn farm. They could have just left the farmer alone. I swear, these guys sounded more like the Unfair Wolves.

I loved everything that happened at the hotel. I'm glad that Madison and Strand survived. I'm also rooting for Alicia to survive. She's not the oblivious iPod playing teenager anymore.

• Love 13

Oh hell Travis, you knew what was happening to your son. Pretending you were going on a bonding trip wasn't going to help. He's embraced the bloodthirst pretty fast. I wonder if the kid will go full psycho and Travis will have to pull a Carol.

• Love 6

We'll apparently have to wait until next week to see how Madison and Strand got out from under their own dumpster.  Of course we will.

So ... this episode.  It contained all the usual amounts of stupid  with stupid characters doing stupid things but also managed to include some interesting action and introduce a couple of potentially interesting characters and character situations.  So I don't exactly hate it and now I'm feeling sort of cheap, like maybe I've been had. 

If they embrace the idea that we're following the bad guys as they became bad guys and not just tortured misguided heroes, they could finally be on to something.

• Love 5

I thought they wove the two stories together pretty well.   Chris can try to justify his killing by saying the guy was threatening them and the hotel manager justifies her actions by saying she was trying to protect the guests.   Chris has killed before though (the mercy killing on the plane) maybe that was his tipping point.

23 minutes ago, morgankobi said:

I gotta say, the dynamic they are creating between Chris and Travis is new and potentially interesting. I would love if they did actually push Chris's story to be a bad-guy origin story.

Yeah, Chris seems broken without much of a way to get back.  I can't help it, I like Travis and hope he doesn't have to make the choice.  Probably Chris and his band of bros will abandon Travis somewhere first.

Alicia works as a take charge kind of person - the balcony thing was dumb, but all of the characters on both shows do dumb stuff so I just have to go with it.

• Love 3

The dead in a highrise hotel has so much promise.  I'm thinking they'll hook us up with some classic zombie scenes ala Towering Inferno, Die Hard, Poltergeist 3... but no.  We get Alecia (maybe it's Maybelline) in an elevator shaft, and coaxing walkers into a balcony room.  The only part of the episode I got excited about was when I hoped that Madison had turned into a zombie and Alecia would have to stab her repeatedly in the skull. Dammit show, you've blue balled me again!

Is Travis going to have to make Chris look at the flowers and put down the future "El Chapo"?  Meh, who cares?  Travis seems to have forgotten all about Madison, her resting bitch face, her 2 smartass kids, and that crappy house in LA,  and is willing to start a new life with just his juvenile delinquent son.  I'm just wondering how much more pussified they can make Travis' character before he flips to his manic personality.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

The dead in a highrise hotel has so much promise.  I'm thinking they'll hook us up with some classic zombie scenes ala Towering Inferno, Die Hard, Poltergeist 3... but no.  We get Alecia (maybe it's Maybelline) in an elevator shaft, and coaxing walkers into a balcony room.  The only part of the episode I got excited about was when I hoped that Madison had turned into a zombie and Alecia would have to stab her repeatedly in the skull. Dammit show, you've blue balled me again!

Is Travis going to have to make Chris look at the flowers and put down the future "El Chapo"?  Meh, who cares?  Travis seems to have forgotten all about Madison, her resting bitch face, her 2 smartass kids, and that crappy house in LA,  and is willing to start a new life with just his juvenile delinquent son.  I'm just wondering how much more pussified they can make Travis' character before he flips to his manic personality.

It seems like Travis literally walked away from his wife and step-kids without a backward glance.  We've already seen on the mothership, how well it works out to try and set up house with a psycho kid in a remote area.  No matter how far away you are, that darn kid will find SOMEONE to kill.

• Love 7

On the whole, I liked this episode.

Elena is an interesting addition -- and the actor who plays her can act, which is a plus. (I don't like the term actress, so I don't use it.) Elena's backstory has some interesting elements. She's clearly someone who can do The Hard Thing even if The Hard Thing isn't The Smart Thing, and she clearly suffers from guilt over it. I hope she doesn't die too soon.

Alicia doesn't annoy me the way she used to. She's beginning to grow up and develop into a survivor in this unforgiving landscape.

Travis and Chris make for a compelling story -- as long as the show runners/producers/writers don't mess it up. Chris might just be unfixable. The expression on his face after he shot the farmer was chilling.

The apocalypse bros creeped me out. I didn't trust them from the get-go.

• Love 7

I'm enjoying the series more now that they've split everyone into smaller groups. Before tonight I was wondering how they were going to handle the arc of Travis and Chris wandering the wilderness alone, but the writers seemed to have come up with a pretty nifty idea. I have to admit, though, that at first the head of the Bro-migos (Brandon?) struck me as an Eddie Haskell clone - for those of you old enough to remember the oh-so-smarmy Eddie - and I was cracking myself up picturing the original EH trying to bullshit-and-oily-compliment his way through the ZA. The new boys seem still to be a bit green, like a high school clique that suddenly got to play grown-up; I think both Chris and Nick are more self-assured and competent than they are. That's also why I think that Chris is destined to become the leader, so Brandon better start watching his back.

It's making me very happy to see so many female characters in FTWD and none of them just for set dressing. There's a good balance to the casting and the characters. I'm cautiously excited for the rest of the season to play out.

• Love 8

Well that was fun. Everything from the hotel madness to the madness of Chris: a true life ZA story. Chris tried to stab Madison & Alicia in their sleep, he's become a little pyscho and Travis was the only one who refused to see it. Oh well, that means he'll have to be the one who makes the difficult choice between surviving or killing Chris.

I'm sure they'll have some silly escape plan to show how Madison and Strand escaped but since I'm okay with Strand being still alive, I'll just go with it.

I am enjoying having so many Hispanic actors on the show.  And unlike Black actors on TWD, they play leading roles who might not necessarily have to give up their lives to save White characters (looking at you, Carol).

Me too @mightysparrow.

Edited by kdm07
  • Love 4

Nah, still a crap show for me. The bride's father...drops and turns and bites his daughter's face in like 3 seconds. And why do they need to keep introducing new characters and then they move on from them, why not stick out a story line for several episodes like TWD??? Chris steals stuff from the Lochte dudes while battling zombies. The Lochte dudes follow them for a can o' beans. Meanwhile Alecia is the new MacGyver (the new show should dump the dorky looking long haired blonde dude and hire Alycia). And Strand and Madison made it out of the happy hour from hell...yeah right!

• Love 4

So, TPTB really did the same thing that TPTB did on TWD. When Rick was surrounded in the camper, we didn't see how he got away. We just saw him running. Now, we see Madison and Strand surrounded and...next thing they're holed up in a hotel room. Wow. Now, that's tension!!!

• Love 4

I'm finding it interesting that in this ZA world, these adults who scheduled and controlled their kids' lives no longer have that power. It looks like the kids have taken charge of their own fates, for better or worse. Travis and Maddie are less adaptable than their kids.

I'm also hoping for a full villain arc for Chris. I hope he doesn't die (or get killed by Travis) I want to see him evolve into the full Governor/Neegan type character in this world.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Lamima said:

Nah, still a crap show for me. The bride's father...drops and turns and bites his daughter's face in like 3 seconds. 

Maybe there is a wide range in however long it takes to turn since 

Spoiler

the research scientist at the CDC on TWD indicated that they had documented people turning in as little as 3 minutes after death.   It's possible it could be even less in some cases.

• Love 2

I did love that Brenda Strong was playing the bride's mother and seem to be there at the very end, since she appeared on The 100 with Alycia Debnam-Carey.  Especially since (spoilers for The 100)

Spoiler

their arc ended with Alycia's Lexa killing Brenda's Ice Queen.

This is probably the best episode from the return so far.  Not a huge surprise since I noticed it had no Nick being Nick, and Maddie was kept to a minimum.  Granted, a lot of it depends on how everything plays out, but if they full attend to make Chris a bad guy, then I'm down with it.  Because I really don't see any other option.  He's not obvious "Mwwah!" evil, but he clearly seems to not value any human life, and is down with the steal and kill method if it makes things easier.  Travis' reaction was the best.  He finally realizes what Maddie and Alicia we're trying to get through into is thick skull.  Good luck, buddy.

Still warming up to Alicia, but man, she can be an idiot at times, huh?  For every time she does something kind of smart, she suddenly does something stupid.  She was lucky as hell that this Elena was there.  Really hope we see more of her.  She seems like she could be very interesting.

I guess we're going to keep waiting to find out whatever happened to Ofelia.

• Love 7

I wonder if Madison and Travis are ever going to see each other again (one of them could possibly die before they have a chance to reunite)?  Or, will they have an awkward reunion while Travis notices Madison's connection to Strand?

It is so cliché in the same Lori-and-Rick-have-been-separated-and-Lori-thinks-he's-dead kind of way, but I just feel like the separation of Madison and Travis, and Madison's newfound bonding with Strand, is all for the purpose of adding drama and sorrow to someone's eventual demise.   Travis at least seems to be thinking about Madison and wanting to make an effort to find her.  Madison, on the other hand, seems to have forgotten that Travis exists.  He might die while trying to get to her.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 2
Just now, ottoDbusdriver said:

Where the hells did Ophelia go ?

Just now, thuganomics85 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I guess we're going to keep waiting to find out whatever happened to Ofelia.

Just now, sisterspoon said:

I hope we never find out...

They're really going to drag this out arent they.. im just going to go ahead and call it,that she pulls a "Sophia" in the season finale lol

Edited by TDT
  • Love 5

Oh man this was pretty terrible. I've tried to give Kim Dickens the benefit of doubt but man she's a terrible actress on this show. That bar scene with Victor was so bad and even Colman's talent couldn't save it.

I figured Ophelia jumped since she seemed like she was done.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, TDT said:

They're really going to drag this out arent they.. im just going to go ahead and call it,that she pulls a "Sophia" in the season finale lol

I didn't realize I cared until I read this! Somehow, she weaseled under my skin, and I do hope she makes it through and staggers out alive. It is too much to ask that she swoops in to save someone, but the thought of her  lumbering out á la Sophia...just no. 

6 hours ago, Lamima said:

Chris steals stuff from the Lochte dudes while battling zombies. The Lochte dudes follow them for a can o' beans. 

Actually, I think they were looking for them because they recognized Chris as someone they could use on their team for this zombie killing ability. It seemed like the Lochte dudes had mainly dealt with defenseless live people.

I realized there was no redeeming Chris when he told his dad that the Lochte dudes were good guys when they had clearly executed the people at the store where he met them.

• Love 3

I did love that Brenda Strong was playing the bride's mother and seem to be there at the very end, since she appeared on The 100 with Alycia Debnam-Carey.  Especially since (spoilers for The 100)

Keeping those Clarke/Lexa shippers hopes alive that Elyza Lex could actually show up at some point. 

I tried to watch this after The Strain, but fell asleep. It is too bad that the writers are fixated on Frank Dillane because  from the beginning the actor who plays Chris had more potential. The show still seems as bad as ever, but its low ratings (high for AMC) are steady so there is still time to fix things. Hopefully, the new producer for next season can make a difference. 

7 hours ago, Sherry67 said:

It is so cliché in the same Lori-and-Rick-have-been-separated-and-Lori-thinks-he's-dead kind of way, but I just feel like the separation of Madison and Travis, and Madison's newfound bonding with Strand, is all for the purpose of adding drama and sorrow to someone's eventual demise.   Travis at least seems to be thinking about Madison and wanting to make an effort to find her.  Madison, on the other hand, seems to have forgotten that Travis exists.  He might die while trying to get to her.

I don't see the cliche or similarity to Rick and Lori on TWD. Lori thought that Rick was dead because Shane lied to her. No one is deceiving anyone on FTWD. Instead characters deliberately abandoned each other which made absolutely no sense so must have been done to create drama and tension where none exists. After all, I don't see anyone in the main nuclear family of Madison/Travis/Alicia/Nick dying unless the actor is leaving or there is behind the scenes drama. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

Sissie Spacek's daughter, Skyler Fisk, was listed in the credits. I think she played the bride who had the special dance with daddy.

I love seeing the Mexican interior, and I like the hotel location because of cool stuff you can do with all the doors and balconies. Do you suppose than when the ZA hit, and people began to need sustenance while cowering in their rooms, that there were those who refused to touch the expensive mini bar?

I watched this episode after watching the movie The Dark Horse, starring Cliff Curtis. He's a much better actor than I knew.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 5

Madison is looking for Travis while Travis doesn't seem to care to find her. He only cares about making Chris better. Madison didn't want to leave the place where the yacht was because she was hoping for Travis to show up so they left that message with sticks on the ground. Meanwhile Travis wants to set up house on a farm with just he and Chris. The happy hour scene with Strand is Madison feeling broken about losing Travis.

• Love 4

I actually thought this episode was not bad; a  least, there was nothing that had me yelling at the TV. Probably due to the low Madison content.

Perhaps there should be a viewer advisory at the beginning: "Caution, this show contains substantial Madison content, viewer discretion is advised." With variations to reflect the amount of Madison content per episode.

• Love 5

One thing that I thought odd (well, with this show, I find many things odd), was that they showed that the shopkeepers of the shop where Chris met "the Bros" had recently been killed. That would strongly suggest that the Bros were muderers. Normally, that would tip the hand into causing the viewer to think that those guys are trouble and that anyone who runs into them should run. Yet, it was Chris who had that knowledge and he was all "Wow, let's hang with these Dudes." 

On the other hand, Mr. Optimism - Travis - was all "We need to go our own way. We have a wedding to get to, but thanks for the beans and we'll be seeing you." the writers did a pretty good job with this.

also, which is usual and always frustrating, is that I learn something on TTD. The fact that the people who work in that hotel are generations of families who consider it home, which explains why Elena did what she did. Her character may have mentioned it on the actual show but it wasn't until the actress discussed it on TTD that it sunk in.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I watched this episode after watching the movie The Dark Horse, starring Cliff Curtis. He's a much better actor than I knew.

Cliff Curtis is a very good actor which is why I was excited when I heard that he had gotten the leading role on FTWD. I thought that the show was be an opportunity for him to showcase his talent like TWD did for Andy Lincoln. No such luck.

• Love 1

As much as I was dreading Travis and Chris coming back (because I don't care for either of them), I actually found their segments interesting. In all of these shows, we constantly run across these villains, but we get little backstory on them. Surely not every "baddie" of the ZA was a douche before the fall. I've always wanted to see how they turned into what they are now. I think we might be seeing that with Chris, and I like that. And I also like the complexity of how Travis is supposed to handle that. I would be devastated to see my child kill some poor guy that was just defending his homestead. So now what? Chris clearly has a different view on how to survive in this world, and I don't think he's likely to change. Travis will never want to live like that. But does he leave his son? He's not an adult like Nick. I'm actually curious to see where this goes. 

The hotel backstory was a bit interesting as well. At first I thought Elena was horrible for locking all those people in.  But it was so early and no one really understood what was going on. If the hotel was fully booked, I can see her thinking she was saving the larger group of people. Sucks for the wedding guests, though, and I was actually wondering if Mom and Husband were going to take her down. I wouldn't blame them either. I like these grey areas, where you can see both sides.  Elena's whole method of herding walkers was pretty clever as well.

Five seconds of Maddie was too much for me. I just can't with her horrible facial expressions. Tonight she looked incredibly ill. I'm hoping she's secretly bit. 

Where in the hell is Ophelia? She's either dead or taking a nice nap.

• Love 6

Madison's face when she saw Alicia was just.....evidence that she can be a bad actress without uttering a single word.  Whatever she was trying to convey, it looked to me like she just had a bad headache from all the tequila.  

Other than that, it was a pretty good episode and I can't believe I just wrote that!  Alicia was badass.  Elena is interesting.  Chris is beyond redemption and Travis just figured that out.  I hope they just part ways and we see Chris as a successful baddie leading a group of baddies much later.  It would be easier for the writers just to kill him off, but that would be lazy writing, imo.  

• Love 9