Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

They will be living totally beyond their means inside of a year.

I agree, if they're not already.

I didn't know she had a store;

Look on the bottom left of her website. www.sweetrachelle.com , it doesn't seem to be up, but you know it's coming!

Hang around Jim Bob and Michelle long enough and you'll see this as the equivalent of working a 60-hour week down a mineshaft.

At least she gets to go home, go out alone, boink, and have a life. The Duggar kids are the equivalent of child miners of the 19th and 20th centuries.

Hodor and the Countess Luann also have the same representation.

Looks like Ja Rule might be showing up at a Duggar event, too! ;)

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 1

She has no waist! Why would she want to wear something so unflattering?

Back when Jessa did her People spread with Spurge, I noticed they left all her post-baby weight on her. It was a far contrast to that infamous Kourtney Kardashian US Magazine shoot where they hacked off half her body. People clearly does not dip into the Photoshop budget for D-listers like the Duggars.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1

Back when Jessa did her People spread with Spurge, I noticed they left all her post-baby weight on her. It was a far contrast to that infamous Kourtney Kardashian US Magazine shoot where they hacked off half her body. People clearly does not dip into the Photoshop budget for D-listers like the Duggars.

Good. People magazine might think it's a privilege for the C, B and A listers to have their bodies Photoshopped, but I think it's good if magazines publish photos of people as they actually are.

Same with Amy's stomach - I imagine anyone associated with the Duggars might like to separate themselves sometimes by showing off the odd elbow or stomach, even if it's a normal size and shape.

(Talking of showing off body parts, I've just realised that my mother's clothes could come from the same racks as MeChelle's, except she also wears trousers. Oh, help.)

• Love 5

Famy and her husband got tattoos!!! Nothing says "yep, our love is forever until I hate you 2 years from now like a couple's tattoo."

The tat is in People. I can't link from my tablet

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 5

I like the way he spells out "you all" rather than the more common "y'all". Is that an attempt at formality? Edited to observe that it's more likely that he couldn't figure out how to use the apostrophe. And now I edit once more to add that I'm cracking myself up imagining him calling across the house, "Babe? How do you spell y'all?"

Edited by momofsquid
  • Love 6

So Amy is continuing with the "Rebel Duggar" branding when she is neither a Rebel or a Duggar. If I had photoshop skills, I'd mock up the People cover to read "Basic Cousin."

Or "Cousin Oliver".

• Love 7

I can make an argument for "Next" or, if you stare at it too long, "Kept". 

"in the..."

"Home"?  "Hume"?  "Parm"?  "Pharm"?

(How much time do you think they're gonna expend translating these to folks for the next 60-odd years?)

• Love 2

His is on his bicep. Or, more aptly put, "bicep."

...So, that's now as good as his bicep can, or will, get, without fear of "distorting the tattoo"?

Nice excuse to couch potato out for the rest of your life, DUI Dill.  "Wouldn't wanna stretch the script getting a muscle!"

News reports say that the tats say "Rest in the storm".  

Terrible and ungrammatical for desired idea.  I guess they couldn't use copyrighted Bob Dylan, but this sounds like that person in the old Memorex ad, pretending to relax in an armchair while whippy waves of distorting sound try to carry them away like Dorothy's tornado. 

You might as well say "recline in the storm", and it would make that much sense.  There's no "resting" in storms!!  "rest FROM the storm", either preceded by "you are my" or without it, would make more sense.

• Love 1

...So, that's now as good as his bicep can, or will, get, without fear of "distorting the tattoo"?

Nice excuse to couch potato out for the rest of your life, DUI Dill.  "Wouldn't wanna stretch the script getting a muscle!"

Terrible and ungrammatical for desired idea.  I guess they couldn't use copyrighted Bob Dylan, but this sounds like that person in the old Memorex ad, pretending to relax in an armchair while whippy waves of distorting sound try to carry them away like Dorothy's tornado. 

You might as well say "recline in the storm", and it would make that much sense.  There's no "resting" in storms!!  "rest FROM the storm", either preceded by "you are my" or without it, would make more sense.

It's somewhat awkward wording, but it does make some sense to me...I think the contrast and seeming contradiction is purposeful, accenting the fact that, I presume Jesus, but maybe just the significant other, gives rest where none should be found. Plus which, it's practical! Even if something goes awry in the relationship or the faith, it's vague and illegible enough that you can still probably get it to read something deep and meaningful :)

• Love 4