Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

American food is interesting because you think you know all about it due to the prevalence of American food chains all over the world plus all the things you see on tv and in movies, but then someone posts a picture of what people actually eat and it's all bzuh wut?!

I'm mostly amazed that anyone would order something like that plate for breakfast, it looks more like dinner. But, I guess we now know where those extra pounds on Amy came from. Not that I mind, she looks quite good in them imo.

• Love 4

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1451630917./754078251392493/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

Josie licking her paper plate New Years Eve feast.

Of course, we all know Josie is NOT a Lost Girl, just "the other Duggars"!

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1451630917./753963741403944/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

Josie, Lost Girls, and in every photo, Jackson, the boy who won't grow!

Ugh. Not a shoe or sock in sight, Josie is sitting on a broken stool with no cushion, and of course she's licking the plate....

This is the only place I've ever seen the plate-licking referenced, but there it is - a PICTURE of it ! That's not just an FU Internetz, that's an FU Previously TV !!!

Someone there is definitely doing their homework on this site, but I wonder which one it is ?

If I'm wrong, and I just might be, why on earth would they post a picture like that ?! Do they think showcasing dirty children doing gross things is... cute ? Another case, perhaps, of their absolute tone-deafness when it comes to their own social media ? 

• Love 7

Ugh, I don't know what the J'Slaves are putting in Josie's hair, but they need to toss it in the trash, like now. There's a billion products on the market for curls. Josie doesn't have to walk around looking a clumpy, greasy mess.

• Love 8

These people have millions of dollars -- can they fix the broken stool?  Or at least move it out of the kitchen so the special needs child doesn't hurt herself on it.

Don't these idiots realize Josie could fall off the chair & crack her head open on the tile floor? (This is from one who knows first hand it's not fun falling on a tile floor.)

Do you think she licks her food/plates because she may have a plastic allergy & can't use the Wal-Mart cutlery?

The girls look cute in their pink T-shirts. They look new but I'm sure they'll be dirtied up in no time.

I guess the older girls couldn't even celebrate New Years away from the TTH at Benessas. They had to be on night duty & get the little Kiddos to bed, incl the 4 M's.

• Love 3

This is the only place I've ever seen the plate-licking referenced, but there it is - a PICTURE of it ! That's not just an FU Internetz, that's an FU Previously TV !!!

Wow, I didn't realize that. Does this make us "special™" & "precious™?"
  • Love 5

There was an episode where Michelle actually re-cushioned those stools herself. I believe it was around the time of Jessa's wedding. All those people hanging around the house all day, with no one going off to school or work, well, those stools must get a lot of use.

Regarding all those constant bare feet, their entire downstairs has heating coils underneath the tiles. But those tiles aren't that clean!

Don't these idiots realize Josie could fall off the chair & crack her head open on the tile floor? (This is from one who knows first hand it's not fun falling on a tile floor.)

They don't care about her medical or developmental issues -- her biological parents couldn't care less abut her falling and hitting her head. 

• Love 6

If I'm wrong, and I just might be, why on earth would they post a picture like that ?! Do they think showcasing dirty children doing gross things is... cute ? Another case, perhaps, of their absolute tone-deafness when it comes to their own social media ? 

Well, given how much of the show has been taken up by this kind of stuff (I gather from commentary -- can't speak from my own experience, so maybe this is wrong...) ...

Anyway, given how much of this has been shown (I hear) and how many people they've seen telling them that they just love love love watching their wonderful, beautiful family, watching all the children and so on, it wouldn't surprise me if they believed it was cute and attractive. That's a large part of what's made up the show and millions of people love it and praise them for the way they live. So ....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

In a lot of the New Year's Eve photos, an awesome blanket fort is shown in the background. It kind of surprises me given the no hide and seek rules that were put in place back in the day.

And no pics of JB & M ...

And Josie the Miracle Licker is old enough to get herself a utensil.

• Love 4

They don't care about her medical or developmental issues -- her biological parents couldn't care less abut her falling and hitting her head. 

"She'll be even easier to control with a head injury!" - Jim Bob

He probably thinks that, too.

• Love 9

These people have millions of dollars -- can they fix the broken stool?  Or at least move it out of the kitchen so the special needs child doesn't hurt herself on it.

I imagine the Duggars are the type of people who never maintain or fix anything. Has the TTH been painted since they moved in? Are all the appliances in that high end industrial kitchen broken and that's why they eat crap on paper plates? They even tried selling a broken drone, IIRC. 

• Love 1

Is that scrapple underneath the, um, gravy?

I think I felt an artery slam shut just looking at that picture!

You felt the blood was running through your body too well anyway, right? Lol.

• Love 4

I imagine the Duggars are the type of people who never maintain or fix anything. Has the TTH been painted since they moved in? Are all the appliances in that high end industrial kitchen broken and that's why they eat crap on paper plates? They even tried selling a broken drone, IIRC.

The house is definitely starting to show wear and tear. I don't think the Duggars do anything besides minimal tidying. Those sofas probably haven't been steam cleaned since they moved in and everything is starting to take on a grimy look.

• Love 6

"She'll be even easier to control with a head injury!" - Jim Bob

He probably thinks that, too.

If Boob does think that, it shows how utterly and completely clueless he is. A certifiable idiot. The exact opposite is more than likely true. Look at how much care a wounded soldier with a head injury needs. Of course, Josie would never in a million years actually get what she needs in this regard, should she ever be in that condition. And any care she does get doesn't come from her parents anyway...

• Love 1

If Boob does think that, it shows how utterly and completely clueless he is. A certifiable idiot. The exact opposite is more than likely true. Look at how much care a wounded soldier with a head injury needs. Of course, Josie would never in a million years actually get what she needs in this regard, should she ever be in that condition. And any care she does get doesn't come from her parents anyway...

Unfortunately, it'd probably be great for him, in the same way that a chemical spill is good for a country's GDP because of the cashflow to doctors and hospitals, the company being sued, the cleanup costs, etc. Can't you just see the multi-part specials where JB and MeChelle get to do talking heads with MeChelle's furrowed brow concerned look, and they will be gifted lots of food and supplies, and they have a built-in Jana to do the actual caring for the rest of Josie's life. Score.

(As long as Josie doesn't damage her face - then she'd need to be taken to the plastic surgeon, because otherwise she wouldn't be pretty anymore. Puke. I recently saw the episode where Johannah/Johanna falls off her bike. No hugs or concern for her, just concern that she might get a permanent scar on her face. Puke, puke, puke. It made me furious that they only cared about her face.)

• Love 8

Anyone ever watch the movie "Gummo"...? This whole family could have starred in that masterpiece! But seeing Josie licking that plate threw me right into the spaghetti dirty bathtub scene. Poor thing, she is just... ew. And I am ashamed to think of a child like that, cuz it really isn't her fault. When you have ignorant inbreds creating/raising you, well unfortunately, ew is all that you can be. Jill & Jessa have experienced the real world. They are so insufferably selfish not to get these kids the help they need knowing it doesn't have to be this way. Ugh! {shiver} I would wanna help her, but it would be like a muddy dog jumping on you wearing your best outfit "yuk, get down, don't touch me! scoot!"

• Love 1

Anyone ever watch the movie "Gummo"...? This whole family could have starred in that masterpiece! But seeing Josie licking that plate threw me right into the spaghetti dirty bathtub scene. Poor thing, she is just... ew. And I am ashamed to think of a child like that, cuz it really isn't her fault. When you have ignorant inbreds creating/raising you, well unfortunately, ew is all that you can be. Jill & Jessa have experienced the real world. They are so insufferably selfish not to get these kids the help they need knowing it doesn't have to be this way. Ugh! {shiver} I would wanna help her, but it would be like a muddy dog jumping on you wearing your best outfit "yuk, get down, don't touch me! scoot!"

You win just for mentioning Gummo.

• Love 1

And the leghumpers on the FB page enable the Duggars in pretending that everything is just fine and dandy with Precious Miracle Josie. The picture of her licking the plate (which grossed us all out) brought forth a barrage of posts calling her "adorable", "so cute" and "such a little mischief maker!" With lots of praise for Michelle and the awesome godly way she's raising Josie. One poster dared to ask Josie at her age still has to be carried around everywhere like a baby and the leghumpers ripped her a new one. Why would Jim Bob and Michelle get off their dead asses and get Josie the help she needs when so many good Christian fans are telling them they're already doing everything right?
  • Love 4

Josie will never act her age, because J'Chelle will always treat her like a baby.

I had a family member who was like that with their youngest, always challenging people who gently suggested that the kid might benefit from taking a lap solo once in a while by saying "Why would you try to rip my precious child from the sacred embrace of a parent !?!?" or something like that. Needless to say, twenty-some odd years later the kid is still attached at the hip and is incapable of doing anything - anything - on their own, and the parent actually likes it that way. 

Since Michelle doesn't do any actual parenting other than for the cameras this doesn't really apply to her, but she'd better make sure that JanaMom never, ever dies.

• Love 3

I found a copy of the j-slaves book online today, and in it they explicitly state:

"To maintain order and harmony in the home, we have always had a “chain of command,” with Mom and Dad at the top and the “command” passing down the birth-order line from eldest to youngest. This is not something that lets older siblings assign their responsibilities to someone else. And it doesn’t mean the older siblings have little servants waiting on them hand and foot. That’s never allowed! The system is for those times when an older child encourages a younger child to do what is right or not do something wrong, and the younger child is expected to listen.

If I (Jinger) am babysitting my younger siblings and I say, “All right, kids, playtime is over. Let’s clean up the house before bedtime,” then all the kids know they’re expected to stop what they’re doing and start straightening up the house.

Mom and Dad have banned the phrases “You can’t tell me what to do!” and “You’re not my boss!” from our home, and they remind the younger children that their older siblings are their elders and they should treat them as such. So Johannah can ask Josie to help her pick up the toys in the playroom, and Josie needs to do it. Josiah can ask James not to whistle in the car, and he needs to stop. Joy can call all her younger siblings out to the bus after a road trip and delegate tasks to get the bus back in order, and everyone needs to listen to her instructions and cooperate.".

Josie outranks nobody, and will always be infantilized, just like Jackson outranks no boy, and is extra infantile.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 9

I found a copy of the j-slaves book online today, and in it they explicitly state:"To maintain order and harmony in the home, we have always had a “chain of command,” with Mom and Dad at the top and the “command” passing down the birth-order line from eldest to youngest. This is not something that lets older siblings assign their responsibilities to someone else. And it doesn’t mean the older siblings have little servants waiting on them hand and foot. That’s never allowed! The system is for those times when an older child encourages a younger child to do what is right or not do something wrong, and the younger child is expected to listen.

If I (Jinger) am babysitting my younger siblings and I say, “All right, kids, playtime is over. Let’s clean up the house before bedtime,” then all the kids know they’re expected to stop what they’re doing and start straightening up the house.

Mom and Dad have banned the phrases “You can’t tell me what to do!” and “You’re not my boss!” from our home, and they remind the younger children that their older siblings are their elders and they should treat them as such. So Johannah can ask Josie to help her pick up the toys in the playroom, and Josie needs to do it. Josiah can ask James not to whistle in the car, and he needs to stop. Joy can call all her younger siblings out to the bus after a road trip and delegate tasks to get the bus back in order, and everyone needs to listen to her instructions and cooperate.".

Right, excellent plan. There's no way that could possibly lead to life-long smoldering resentments or, you know, any form of sibling-on-sibling abuse.

• Love 16

I think the fat-shaming had less to do with Jana's actual weight than with the fact that Michelle seems to really dislike her. I suspect that Michelle was looking for something to torture Jana with and decided that picking on her for being "fat" would be as much fun as anything. 

The lower her self esteem is, the less likely she is to pick up on clues when a fella is interested in her. 

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1450489409./747711172029201/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

Happy birthday Jordyn! Michelle looks like she's pretending to be a little girl herself!

Is it wrong that I read this entire thing in Michelle's voice, including her chill-inducing over emphasis on the "s"?

I can't see this card being displayed with others at the TTH.

Exposed skin and tushie? Heck no! But something tells me, especially after the subtweet war she and Jessa had behind the wedding pictures and such, this card was a big "Eff You, Uncle JB!"

oprah-shakes-head.gif

• Love 5

Since this topic technically covers most of the Js, I will just lay this here: Did ma and Pa purpose to name all the boys something biblical, until the well ran dry and they had to resort to more trendy boys' names like Jason, Jackson, and Justin? (Is there a Justin?) And am I correct in thinking that NONE of the girls have biblical names except Jordyn, which doesn't count since they spell it like they're on crack?

What is the deal? Have they ever addressed this?

• Love 2

Since this topic technically covers most of the Js, I will just lay this here: Did ma and Pa purpose to name all the boys something biblical, until the well ran dry and they had to resort to more trendy boys' names like Jason, Jackson, and Justin? (Is there a Justin?) And am I correct in thinking that NONE of the girls have biblical names except Jordyn, which doesn't count since they spell it like they're on crack?

There's no Saint Jinger?

• Love 4

But Jana couldn't ask Jessa to stop kicking the bottom of her bunk. Their rules only apply as to how they make Michelle's life run smoothly.

And I guess Michelle doesn't like whistling in the car. Since that's one of the examples. ... Geesh. ... Or maybe it's just joy breaking out in a little music that she doesn't like.

And, given other things we've heard, I think Michelle may actually have encouraged Jessa to kick Jana's bunk. You know -- payback for all that kicking rotten Jana did in the womb and all.

Oy....Hating these people so much really isn't good for me, even though they completely deserve it. ...

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

There's no Saint Jinger?

It does always amaze me that they came up with that name, even with the Duggarified spelling. I mean, it's not as though there were ever a lot of Gingers out there which they could have been inspired by. They are both of the vintage where I would suspect the primary character that would come to mind would be Ginger from Gilligan's Island, which seems a very random and incongruous sort of role model. And you know Jim Boob and Mechelle both watched that show when they were kids. Even though it was probably past its original run by then it was everywhere in syndication for eons.

There's no Saint Jinger?

It does always amaze me that they came up with that name, even with the Duggarified spelling. I mean, it's not as though there were ever a lot of Gingers out there which they could have been inspired by. They are both of the vintage where I would suspect the primary character that would come to mind would be Ginger from Gilligan's Island, which seems a very random and incongruous sort of role model. And you know Jim Boob and Mechelle both watched that show when they were kids. Even though it was probably past its original run by then it was everywhere in syndication for eons.

• Love 2

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1451920885./755577521242566/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

Jordyn and Hannie at Chuckee Cheese? It does seem like the littles are getting a more wordly, mainstream sort of childhood compared to the older batch of kids in their prairie dresses and buttoned up polo shirts.

Except, of course, no dance lessons, gymnastics, band, scouts, sports, brick and mortar church and school, etc!

Edited by louannems
  • Love 3

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1451920885./755577521242566/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

Jordyn and Hannie at Chuckee Cheese? It does seem like the littles are getting a more wordly, mainstream sort of childhood compared to the older batch of kids in their prairie dresses and buttoned up polo shirts.

Except, of course, no dance lessons, gymnastics, band, scouts, sports, brick and mortar church and school, etc!

Of course. They're skipping anything where the kids might learn any skills or develop any self-discipline. Or make any actual accomplishments. So perfectly Duggar.

But you're right, the older kids were raised as aliens; this batch at least get out of the house and spend time around, if not actually interacting with, their non-alien contemporaries.

• Love 8

Well, Johannah is a feminine version of Johan (John) and Josie derives from Josephine. Joy Anna -- Joy is a virtue, and Anna is certainly biblical (Anne).

Which leads me to this observation: Not only do they have Jana, Joy Anna, and Johannah, they also have Joseph, Josiah, and Josie. And they've used James twice now, I think -- for Joshua's middle name and then again for Howler James. How lame is that?

• Love 9

Anyone ever watch the movie "Gummo"...? This whole family could have starred in that masterpiece! But seeing Josie licking that plate threw me right into the spaghetti dirty bathtub scene. 

Jesus.  Do you have any idea how long it takes me to banish that imagine from my head anytime anyone says "Gummo" around me?  

+10 internets for a great reference.

Well, Johannah is a feminine version of Johan (John) and Josie derives from Josephine. Joy Anna -- Joy is a virtue, and Anna is certainly biblical (Anne).

Which leads me to this observation: Not only do they have Jana, Joy Anna, and Johannah, they also have Joseph, Josiah, and Josie. And they've used James twice now, I think -- for Joshua's middle name and then again for Howler James. How lame is that?

But wasn't Josie named via GMA contest?  Or did I make that up in my mind?  (The latter is totally possible.)

• Love 2

Agree. Too bad Duggar creativity is not on par with Duggar fertility. I'd have NO trouble with coming up with 19 entirely-different baby names. No repeats or similarities in the group.

• Love 6

Jesus. Do you have any idea how long it takes me to banish that imagine from my head anytime anyone says "Gummo" around me?

+10 internets for a great reference.

But wasn't Josie named via GMA contest? Or did I make that up in my mind? (The latter is totally possible.)

Jizm Bob always wanted a girl named Julie. I think Josie would have been "Julie" except for the fact she was only given a 50/50 chance of survival at birth. I doubt he wanted his favorite name "wasted." I don't think they had decided on a concrete name when she was born since she was born at 25/26 weeks gestation.

Agree. Too bad Duggar creativity is not on par with Duggar fertility. I'd have NO trouble with coming up with 19 entirely-different baby names. No repeats or similarities in the group.

W-well coming up with J names is hard, y'all. It would mean you have to care about the spawn for something ither than a head count.

• Love 4

I'm rather shocked that the supreme narcissist, James Robert Duggar, didn't insist on a Jr.

He got one James and the boy twins have Robert as middle names.

Josh is Jim Bob jr. in all but name.

• Love 2