Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

OK that house is seriously overpriced for the NWA market. Also she's in the seriously shitty part of Fayetteville where people are explicitly advised not to buy. You can find nicer houses in nicer neighborhoods at cheaper prices. What a dumbass. 

• Useful 9
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Too much dark paint.  They should have brightened it up before listing. Paint is not very expensive and a lot of potential buyers can’t get past colors they don’t like.
I know nothing about the area so I will defer to Zella, but that does not look like a 400K house to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Too much dark paint.  They should have brightened it up before listing. Paint is not very expensive and a lot of potential buyers can’t get past colors they don’t like.
I know nothing about the area so I will defer to Zella, but that does not look like a 400K house to me.

Yeah it's ugly as shit. LOL I didn't actually realize how ugly it was until I looked at the photos in the listing. The exterior in general is kind of dumpy looking. 

I don't particularly follow the housing market in NWA as closely as I did a couple of years ago. But last year, my aunt bought a home in the Lowell area--nice neighborhood, very nice and attractive home that is much larger than Amy's house and has more bedrooms and bathrooms--and she paid about $100,000 less than what Amy is wanting for that house. The estimated market value on the property assessor website for Amy's house is less than half what she wants for the house. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Holy crap ! Amy only pays $1548 a year for property taxes,,,that's insane. (very low)

41 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Here in Central Florida, we pay $2600 per year in property taxes. I'll take Amy's any day.

I'd take either one of those. Here in Iowa, we pay over $4,000 and our house isn't that big. They also are very assbackwards here with property taxes. When we moved here 17 years ago, we were dumbfounded on this.

So if Amy is moving, has there been anything said to where she's moving? I also agree that they must be dire needs if her husband is shilling things. I'm guessing the restaurant isn't doing well?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Madtown said:

So if Amy is moving, has there been anything said to where she's moving? I also agree that they must be dire needs if her husband is shilling things. I'm guessing the restaurant isn't doing well?

Not sure on where she's moving, but I have wondered if part of the reason she's moving is her neighbors. On one side of her is Joy and Austin and Jim Bob owns land on the other. I doubt it's the only reason, but I imagine that neighborly relationship has probably been awkward of late. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, Zella said:

Also she's in the seriously shitty part of Fayetteville where people are explicitly advised not to buy.

Is there any particular reason? Because it’s infested with Duggers? Polluted of town? Run down?  It just interests me because for all the wealth and fame of the reality show they still wind up living in shitty parts of town they could’ve gotten without all the extra steps of acting on television. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I'm so clearly from New Jersey, because my first thought up reading this was, "Who cares about getting along with neighbors?" And then I remembered that others states have this thing called "being neighborly." 😄

LOL To be honest, I was always confused when people from other states would say Fayetteville was the friendliest place they'd ever lived. Because I thought it was pretty unfriendly compared to rural Arkansas. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
Just now, JoanArc said:

Is there any particular reason? Because it’s infested with Duggers? Polluted of town? Run down?  It just interests me because for all the wealth and fame of the reality show they still wind up living in shitty parts of town they could’ve gotten without all the extra steps of acting on television. 

South of MLK Blvd and west of I49 is just considered sketchier than the rest of town. It looks a lot more rundown too. The creepy WalMart where the guy stabbed himself that I've referenced several times is there, and it totally looks like the part of town where that would happen. I don't know that it's really dangerous, but it's not a place you drive through and think, "Oh I'd like to live here," especially when you can drive about 10 to 15 minutes away and find really nice houses and neighborhoods with shopping centers that don't have morbid deaths attached to them. 

• Useful 10
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Zella said:

South of MLK Blvd and west of I49 is just considered sketchier than the rest of town. It looks a lot more rundown too. The creepy WalMart where the guy stabbed himself that I've referenced several times is there, and it totally looks like the part of town where that would happen. I don't know that it's really dangerous, but it's not a place you drive through and think, "Oh I'd like to live here," especially when you can drive about 10 to 15 minutes away and find really nice houses and neighborhoods with shopping centers that don't have morbid deaths attached to them. 

Thanks.

Sounds just like the kind of place I would want to take my RV to and camp out on vacation! Totally appropriate for someone like Jim Bob to own land there.

For Amy‘s son’s sake I am glad she is at least trying to get out. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

For Amy‘s son’s sake I am glad she is at least trying to get out. 

I'm wondering if she is trying to move closer to Springdale where their businesses are. It has its own reputation issues, but they have about a 20-minute drive where they are now. It's hardly a long commute, but I could see it being easier to be nearby. 

• Love 5
(edited)

that is not the sort of house the duggars buy. they buy cheap, crappy houses the howler crew can work on and flip for a profit. there is no money to be made for JB off amy's house. JB is probably pissed his mom sold it to amy.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7

Jessa and Ben somehow had $100,000 to plunk down and buy their house from Mary Duggar. How did they have that much cash? Personally, I think Jessa and Ben got taken from Grandma. I don't think that house is worth $100,000 especially considering the main road it fronts on and the closeness of the interstate.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Jessa and Ben somehow had $100,000 to plunk down and buy their house from Mary Duggar. How did they have that much cash? Personally, I think Jessa and Ben got taken from Grandma. I don't think that house is worth $100,000 especially considering the main road it fronts on and the closeness of the interstate.

I thought they bought Grandma’s house for $1?

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I thought they bought Grandma’s house for $1?

the tax stamp on the records states $100,000

tax stamp on Amy's house states $130,000 so the price Amy is asking is crazy

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the tax stamp on the records states $100,000

tax stamp on Amy's house states $130,000 so the price Amy is asking is crazy

If they bought it in 2017, I wonder what happened in 2019.

8E357170-C435-4941-9B78-0F1BEE8068EE.jpeg

• Useful 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Does Deanna live with them? I have noticed she seems to be in a lot of Famy’s pictures from the store but not sure where she lives. 

I think Deanna's been in the in-law apartment since Dax was a baby. I believe she lived with Mary in the pool house before that. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

Typically, some deeds list $1.00 as a sale price so the actual paid isn't right there on the deed. You can tell if this was a genuine purchase from the amount of the document 'stamps' on the deed.  Jessa's deed didn't list the actual price paid, but the document stamps proved that they paid $100,000 for the mold house.

• Useful 5

I am not sure what that price/tax history is about, but for Jessa's house the latest deed on record is the 2017 date.

Same with Amy's. They both bought the houses from Mary on the same day in 2017.

• Useful 3
12 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I am not sure what that price/tax history is about, but for Jessa's house the latest deed on record is the 2017 date.

Same with Amy's. They both bought the houses from Mary on the same day in 2017.

This is kind of convoluted, but ... could it be that Mary was the lender to Amy, and after she died JB became the lender, so rather than deal with JB (or JB canceled the loan), Amy took out a bank mortgage and paid JB in full on the remainder of the loan (or actually had to re-buy the house)?

In other words Mary sold Amy the house, but she was also the "bank" that held the mortgage. When she died JB became the "bank" that held the mortgage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

the history was for Jessa's house. but it makes no sense really.

possibly they listed the day after they bought it from mary to try and make a fast profit. but then what, it was for sale 2 more years and then a realtor sold it for 60,000, but the deed didn't change?  (there is a realtor listed as the agent that sold it in 2019 on a different one of those tax/sales history things. It was not a duggar with a license )

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Was there a lot that was included in the original sale (Jessa’s) , and then sold separately after? 

and there is the winner! the lot next to Jessa and bin sold for the $60,000 in 2019. but did not involve duggars or a duggar llc in anyway. so the site listing the tax history is confused.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

So, perhaps Jessa and Ben are paying Boob, now the lien-holder of that house, every month?

Wouldn't Deanna have half interest in it? I would like to think that Mary Duggar treated her daughter fairly in her will. If the Sewalds are indeed paying Boob a monthly mortgage payment, wow, he, too, has Ben's balls in his shirt pocket. 

jessa and bin and amy and dillon both seem to own their houses out right. no mortgage listed.

the property next door to jessa seems to be a vacant lot and Jessa and Bin are not connected to it in any way. I don't think the lot has an actual street address so maybe it got lumped in on zillow etc for Jessa's house because that is the closest address or some stupid thing.

• Useful 4

We don’t really know what Binessa or Amy paid for their homes regardless of what tax records show. Mary could have forgiven or gifted payments on a loan. Mary was a pretty savvy business woman but she also loved her grandkids so there is no telling how the property sales went or if any cash changed hands.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 7/12/2021 at 1:26 PM, ozziemom said:

We don’t really know what Binessa or Amy paid for their homes regardless of what tax records show. Mary could have forgiven or gifted payments on a loan. Mary was a pretty savvy business woman but she also loved her grandkids so there is no telling how the property sales went or if any cash changed hands.

When I sold a house in Arkansas the tax stamps matched the payment. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2