Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

With their skin, they shouldn't even touch a pizza box. 

Right? When I saw that picture my first thought was "do these people ever ear anything that isn't refined carbs?". It's a good thing they're splitting those tater tot casseroles between 25 people, otherwise they'd be packing on the pounds like crazy. 

• Love 1

I have  to say that I love seeing one of these kids goofing around and looking light-hearted. But where the heck do you get 18 pizza boxes? Even their huge family wouldn't require 18 large pizza!  For a brief shining moment, I was thinking he got a job with a pizza parlor. Box folder!

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 4
On 8/9/2016 at 0:42 AM, babyhouseman said:

Pickles and Hairspray on Facebook had a funny caption: Jim Bob: "Boys, break out your manly pink and purple shirts! You're going to the senior center to save our reputation....I mean old souls! Sing til they drop onto their artificial knees and pray for God to make you stop!"

Also, those are some of the worst put-together outfits I've seen in awhile from these folks.  The bowties look stoopid.  You're not at a Pintrest wedding, take them off.  Find jeans that aren't distressed to wear.  As for the girls ... just ugh.  I want to take them all to Old Navy, stick them in decent jeans and hoodies, and then make a dumpster fire of those outfits. 

• Love 2

Do you all think this recent Instagram pic/post by Amy is saying that she and Gramma Duggar have set up a booth to sell "vintage" things in an antique mall? I have to laugh at Amy's assertion that "We've always had a love for antiques before they were cool!"  Huh, I've been into antiques longer than Amy's been alive! Aren't antiques always cool with at least some people?  (Sorry, I can't figure out how to delete the second pic)

AmyBoothPic.jpg

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Are "eclectic booths" a thing? What the hell am I looking at? What are they holding? What's going on?

Christ, I hope so.  I'm not looking forward to the ten thousand listicles on Buzzfeed and stupid Pintrest posts about a poorly constructed and overly large plywood box with random shit glued to it otherwise.

• Love 2

Amy is so annoying, but I'll admit that I'm happy to see Grandma Duggar enjoying herself and having a good time. Amy's relationship with Mary seems to extend beyond telling her there's six loads of whites in the laundry room needing to be washed.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Are "eclectic booths" a thing?

I expect they're a thing if you consider "pile of random crap" a thing.

(I actually do consider "pile of random crap" not only a thing but often a desirable thing. But I reserve the piles for my own amusement.)

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Are "eclectic booths" a thing? What the hell am I looking at? What are they holding? What's going on?

It looks like they are holding rubber stamps, at least for Grandma. Amy looks like she's holding a crab mallet. 

On another note, where is Grandma living? Has she escaped the TTH?  Someone had mentioned that possibly the Smugs are living in her old room now. 

18 minutes ago, louannems said:

So Amy couldn't remove the fast-food drink cup before snapping her selfie and posting it for all to see?

She mentioned the Subway cup in her IG message! Why not just remove it and try again?

I hope that's not their finished display. 

eta and I doubt those oh-so collectible Ty Beanie Babies are in "glass" boxes. Lucite or plastic maybe but the bottom pretty much fell out of that market a while ago.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 3

This should probably be moved to "Old Time Religion", but isn't Christian God omniscient? And isn't God a divine mystery that humans can't fully know? I know that my version of Protestantism and the Duggar's version are pretty far appart but that shirt just seems way off on some pretty fundamental stuff. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

This should probably be moved to "Old Time Religion", but isn't Christian God omniscient? And isn't God a divine mystery that humans can't fully know? I know that my version of Protestantism and the Duggar's version are pretty far appart but that shirt just seems way off on some pretty fundamental stuff. 

I'm not a fan of the shirt, but I suspect it's referencing this passage: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+7%3A21-23&version=NIV

• Love 2
2 hours ago, louannems said:

Little James is now a Jesus-clothes-wearing Preacher-Mechanic driver!

Justin is the "Preacher/Mechanic" :)

But the GodWear is trickling down the family from Ben, isn't it? 

• Love 2
On 21 August 2016 at 7:28 AM, flyingdi said:

Maybe Amy's not talking about her love life.  Maybe she's talking about her cousins or her uncle.  Just throwing it out there.

I don't think she's that popular with them

• Love 1
On 8/20/2016 at 7:28 PM, flyingdi said:

Maybe Amy's not talking about her love life.  Maybe she's talking about her cousins or her uncle.  Just throwing it out there.

Oh, noes!  So purposefully vague!  What's wrong, Amy?  Do tell!  Please, please elaborate!  Who was it?  Was it 3 times or 5?  Or perhaps 4 times?!

zzzzzzzzzzzz

• Love 10
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Oh, noes!  So purposefully vague!  What's wrong, Amy?  Do tell!  Please, please elaborate!  Who was it?  Was it 3 times or 5?  Or perhaps 4 times?!

zzzzzzzzzzzz

It can't be four.  According to the post, it should be an odd number.

• Love 5