Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

They don't even know what normal people do.  They've been too cloistered to know what a family of three can be like or that people do what is right for their infant regardless of the what the grandparents think, do, or say.

I can't imagine living in the chaos that is the Duggar household and I'm guessing that contributes greatly to the potential ADHD of some of the kids.  There would be no way of knowing if it's culture or inherent without removing them from the madness. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 7

I am sure that Jill could not stand the routine of Derick actually getting up at a specific time in order to work, and didn't come home until a specific time.  Meaning he also went to bed at certain times.  Being the boss, she couldn't have that.

I beat myself into reasonable hours, usually failing, every day I am not at work.  I feel fine and have energy at 3 a.m. and would be happy to vacuum and all that, but you just can't with neighbors.  But I can be at work at 7, taking no more than 20 min to get ready for work and leave.  I hit a low in late afternoon and tend to have to sleep for an hour or so late afternoon, early evening, which again screws up any hope of going to sleep at a reasonable time.  But we suckers do it.  

The Duggers don't FEEL, since they don't FEEL music, they just play it LOUD.  It isn't the same thing, ladies.

• Love 7

The Duggers don't FEEL, since they don't FEEL music, they just play it LOUD.  It isn't the same thing, ladies.

Oh my. I never thought of it that way. You are right, they probably has suppressed any urge to even tap a foot for so long, that they can't possibly feel what they're playing.

• Love 5

Jessa posted a bunch of videos on her Facebook page of the middle kids performing at a recital, mostly piano and violin playing.

I'm starting to wonder if they're trying to market them as a musical group.

Now featuring M1 Mackynzie.

jkacy9.jpg

Jessa posted a bunch of videos on her Facebook page of the middle kids performing at a recital, mostly piano and violin playing.

That's the Duggar approach, I think. Keep throwing the kids at the wall and see what sticks.

ETA: Well, now we know another thing that's not gonna work.

In most families it is not who wears the pants in the family, that the house revolves around. It's the one wearing the diaper.

Well , we don't actually know the state of JIm Bob's continence.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

I see Jenny, Hannie's and Jackson playing together; I will say again that Jackson does not seem to ever grow!

The Big Boy Duggar (Joe??) on the stand up chello (?) looks like a young Josh.

I'm happy to see the children are not dressed in matching outfits!

• Love 1

Just like the Osmonds. Except for their music won't have a beat and they can't dance or tap their feet or anything. Maybe a barbershop octet or however many kids they have left.

Maybe they're also sort of trying to compete with the Willis Family? Which, of course, wouldn't work, not even slightly, for about a million different reasons. The #1 Major of these reason is while the kids are cute enough, they don't have the talent. However, that little girl in the green dress. I have no idea what child that is, but I kinda sorta very badly want that dress? (is that weird?)

However, that little girl in the green dress. I have no idea what child that is, but I kinda sorta very badly want that dress? (is that weird?)

The green dress with the 'modesty layer' added to touch the top of her boots?  Yeah, cute.

• Love 3

Except, music should be something you're passionate about. These kids are told 'You will play the violin and enjoy it'. There is no passion or genuine interest in improving the quality of their playing which is why they suck.

• Love 6

I see Jenny, Hannie's and Jackson playing together; I will say again that Jackson does not seem to ever grow!

Yes, no photo montage is complete without Jackson. If he hadn't made the cut, he would've photo-bombed another shot.

I think the girl is green is McKenzie (sp?)

Yes, the cute dress kid looks like M1...which makes me sad. She is always dressed to the hilt with her hair adorably styled......which means there is no way EVER that Anna will give up that lifestyle.

• Love 2

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1449324200./741691469297838/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

Have we seen Joy in her new glasses? Joy is eighteen; time to go to college, time to right the tell-all book!

She looks pretty.  And trendy.  Where does that come from when they don't watch TV, movies, read magazines or get on the internet????  Also, I am predicting no "tell all" books from those kids. They are too well indoctrinated. I hope I'm wrong!  

• Love 5

She looks pretty.  And trendy.  Where does that come from when they don't watch TV, movies, read magazines or get on the internet????  Also, I am predicting no "tell all" books from those kids. They are too well indoctrinated. I hope I'm wrong!

It appears the girls have stopped with the undershirts covering those defrauding clavicles!

• Love 4

It appears the girls have stopped with the undershirts covering those defrauding clavicles!

Oh Joy is on the market now. Looks like they're willing to defraud a little now that they're more desperate for $$ and need to marry off more kids for more spinoffs.

Since Joy is 18, does this put her over on the Lonely Hearts thread?

• Love 9

Joy is really beautiful, and oddly they don't seem to have started fat-shaming her like they did Jana. Joy isn't fat at all, she's strong and has broader shoulders than her older sisters, but she is carrying more weight than, say, Jinger.

She looks pretty. And trendy. Where does that come from when they don't watch TV, movies, read magazines or get on the internet????

Well for one thing, that's pretty much what's on display at the optician's office. Edited by JenCarroll
  • Love 2

I was thinking the exact same thing. I guess they could fudge the "no Googling themselves" rule by having someone do it for them. They engage in Google by proxy.

FB Quote: Happy birthday, Justin! You are our family mechanic, who not only loves but excels at working on cars and trucks! We see a bright future for you as our preaching mechanic!

Justin is also very athletic, and enjoys beating his older brothers in football and basketball! He brings our family much happiness.

We love you, Justin. Happy birthday!!!

ETA: Preaching mechanic? Can't he just be a mechanic who believes in God?

It occurs to me belatedly, that no, he can't avoid being a "preaching mechanic", because the kids all need to have careers that involves them proselytizing to people. Never mind whether or not it makes no sense, or is actually intrusive, a lecture about accepting Jesus as your personal saviour comes along with all your tune-ups!

• Love 6

Well for one thing, that's pretty much what's on display at the optician's office.

Exactly. I never have any idea what the glasses trends are but I end up with trendy glasses every time because that's what they have. I'm not sure you can easily buy non-trendy glasses -- not without making a big effort, at least. 

Plus, I think the Duggar girls do walk the mall and such to some extent. Even the bargain stores have fashion ads in them. 

Never mind whether or not it makes no sense, or is actually intrusive, a lecture about accepting Jesus as your personal saviour comes along with all your tune-ups!

Just don't post that on your sign.

I unknowingly bought mulch from a fundie mulch store this spring and, to my surprise, got quite a large amount of telling of the gospel while the truck was dumping the stuff in the driveway, a tract, and some bible verses on the bill. I didn't mind, but I can imagine that some people would. lol. 

• Love 4

Joy is really beautiful, and oddly they don't seem to have started fat-shaming her like they did Jana.

I think the fat-shaming had less to do with Jana's actual weight than with the fact that Michelle seems to really dislike her. I suspect that Michelle was looking for something to torture Jana with and decided that picking on her for being "fat" would be as much fun as anything. 

• Love 7

I think the fat-shaming had less to do with Jana's actual weight than with the fact that Michelle seems to really dislike her. I suspect that Michelle was looking for something to torture Jana with and decided that picking on her for being "fat" would be as much fun as anything.

I think its that, and the fact that the older four, minus Jill, seem to have self esteem and image issues. I mean, we won't be seeing Jessa until she's "thin enough" and Jing looks like she's battling and ED herself. Jana has also seemed to watch what she'd eat, and often opted for salads and such.

• Love 3

I think its that, and the fact that the older four, minus Jill, seem to have self esteem and image issues. I mean, we won't be seeing Jessa until she's "thin enough" and Jing looks like she's battling and ED herself. Jana has also seemed to watch what she'd eat, and often opted for salads and such.

It's funny there's so much pressure on Gothard women to be slender when it's really Boob and Smuggar who need to be eating the salads, not the J'Slaves.

• Love 12

I unknowingly bought mulch from a fundie mulch store this spring and, to my surprise, got quite a large amount of telling of the gospel while the truck was dumping the stuff in the driveway, a tract, and some bible verses on the bill. I didn't mind, but I can imagine that some people would. lol. 

Heh, yeah, that wouldn't be an enticing sign.  (Though this has been reminding me of when Donna Tartt named "Redeemed Repair" in The Secret History.  Their business sign; shaped like a cross, of course.)

• Love 2

Heh, yeah, that wouldn't be an enticing sign.  (Though this has been reminding me of when Donna Tartt named "Redeemed Repair" in The Secret History.  Their business sign; shaped like a cross, of course.)

"Justin's Garage. I Can Save Your Broken Car. And You, Too!"

• Love 8

Exactly. I never have any idea what the glasses trends are but I end up with trendy glasses every time because that's what they have. I'm not sure you can easily buy non-trendy glasses -- not without making a big effort, at least. 

Plus, I think the Duggar girls do walk the mall and such to some extent. Even the bargain stores have fashion ads in them. 

I would be incredibly pissed off.

• Love 11

OOOOOHHHH, there is space between Joy's skirt and her boot top.  In all seriousness, she really is a pretty girl.  If they get on her case about her weight (and I think she looks just fine!) maybe that is what will send her packing off the compound.  I still think she could run to one of MeeShell's siblings and get taken in.  They would probably be thrilled to spend time with their niece!

So now Mack is required to be part of the show?

• Love 1

Amy's into nautral cures. Ugh.

http://www.dillandduggs.com/#!Oil-of-What/x5xwc/5665fffd0cf256f068fde292

So you were on the shitter. Got it. I hope her blog posts get better...

Why is Amy eating Spanish food in Mexico? Nevermind. It's dugger Cultural Geography. The El-lettuce-o must have made her sick-o. Holla? Why are all these people talking like Gwen Stefani from 2004? Where are the Doritos with Cheeze Whiz? Seriously, I THOUGH THIS WAS MEXICO.

Better question - why would ANYONE take any medical advice from Amy? 

• Love 12

Still so not worth it to me. I find it hugely offensive

Yeah, I know a lot of people feel that way. I don't know why I don't.  For some reason, even as a massive nearly lifelong atheist, it really doesn't bother me at all. Maybe it's my political side. I'm used to people fervently proselytizing about all sorts of ideas and I support one's right to do that, so I guess I don't find religious ideas any different. (The religious proselytizers might not like that fact. : -)  )

Why is Amy eating Spanish food in Mexico? Nevermind. It's dugger Cultural Geography. The El-lettuce-o must have made her sick-o. Holla? Why are all these people talking like Gwen Stefani from 2004? Where are the Doritos with Cheeze Whiz? Seriously, I THOUGH THIS WAS MEXICO.

Better question - why would ANYONE take any medical advice from Amy? 

Or any advice from Amy.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

Everybody that I know I think is somewhat into herbs and essential oils and all that.  I don't know anything about it. All I know is that when I mentioned here that when I mentioned here some months ago I had dreadful scrapes on both knees that would not heal, and I couldn't stand a bandage or long pants or covers on the bed, some of the people on this forum started advising manuka honey.  I was desperate, nobody around here had any, so I ordered some from Amazon and presto, my knees healed.  Thank you posters.  A blog hawking natural cures seems like a trendy thing. Amy might be on to something here with her tie in with some herbal site.

Edited by Micks Picks
  • Love 5

Everybody that I know I think is somewhat into herbs and essential oils and all that.  I don't know anything about it. All I know is that when I mentioned here that when I mentioned here some months ago I had dreadful scrapes on both knees that would not heal, and I couldn't stand a bandage or long pants or covers on the bed, some of the people on this forum started advising manuka honey.  I was desperate, nobody around here had any, so I ordered some from Amazon and presto, my knees healed.  Thank you posters.  A blog hawking natural cures seems like a trendy thing. Amy might be on to something here with her tie in with some herbal site.

I don't know if it is just the skeptic in me, I feel the 'hubby is sick' story is a set-up for product hawking.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5

It's funny there's so much pressure on Gothard women to be slender when it's really Boob and Smuggar who need to be eating the salads, not the J'Slaves.

All of society judges women more harshly for their bodies than they do men, which enrages me. But you'd hope that people who claim to be all about the countenance, and god looks at the heart, not the exterior, blah blah, would at least pretend to have a healthier view. But no. Because good old Gothard likes his women stick thin.

Amy's into nautral cures. Ugh.

http://www.dillandduggs.com/#!Oil-of-What/x5xwc/5665fffd0cf256f068fde292

So you were on the shitter. Got it. I hope her blog posts get better...

Ha. I hope Amy knows how painfully obvious it was that this was a paid product endorsement. Nothing against natural medicine, per se. I think it works wonderfully, especially for minor things like cuts, burns, nausea, etc. What really irks me is when people start preaching that everything from cancer to depression to MS can be cured by oil, which is utter nonsense. I'm sure Amy will steer clear of anything too controversial since she just wants lots of readers to increase her ad revenue.

• Love 6