Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, beagletime said:

That's right.  Anytime I've wanted to audit a class the class had to be registered and paid for.  It was never free.  Heck I audited a riding clinic last week.  I didn't ride in it, but still had to pay a fee to watch and learn from the master instructors and riders.

I thought so.

I just fixed my spelling in my post.  Didn't want you all to think I went to school-of-the-dining-room-table.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

I may not agree with their lifestyle choices.  I may not respect their lifestyle choices and many of the things they do, but I can't get onboard dehumanizing them for it.

Actually, technically, humans are animals too. In any case, I don't view being compared to a nonhuman as the inherent egregious insult that you do. Obviously, YMMV 😉

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, beagletime said:

That's right.  Anytime I've wanted to audit a class the class had to be registered and paid for.  It was never free.  Heck I audited a riding clinic last week.  I didn't ride in it, but still had to pay a fee to watch and learn from the master instructors and riders.

My husband teaches 3 to six sessions a year in a learning during retirement program sponsored by the local University.  The participants must show their ID and be checked off the list for each and every session.  Weirdly,  to me, he is very popular and teaches in large venues, so one additional person wouldn't be noticed. However, even I would have to pay!

Jill, no pay, no play!  

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

I'm guessing both Jill and Derick are planning on "saving" the world from sinners. Jill probably day dreams of Derick graduating and within a year Derick (with Jill by his side) prosecuting anyone who is not straight, terminates a pregnancy or supports their LGBTQ child.

Then they'll sit at home counting all their get-a-special-place-in-heaven notches in their belts while hearing angels sing.

Kind of like my kids and their besties planning their futures together. One was going to be the next Bill Gates, one was going to be the next Michael Jordan, another the next Hallie Berry, another the next Eric Clapton, one was going to travel with "all the money" and the last one was going to stay home and take care of all the kids and animals.

Did I mention they held this dream for about 2 years? And all of them were under 12?

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I have hard time believing this happened when Jill said it was bedtime. It was probably the reason she said it was bedtime, but I'm pretty sure those two little boys have been beaten disciplined into near-instant obedience.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Even if she is quiet, she didn't pay for the classes! If she can sit in on them, why can't everyone else for free? 

As other posters have mentioned, you can audit classes as a non-student.

I can only speak to the schools I've attended and the people I know, but auditing is usually done by older people who have the time and the interest in broadening their knowledge, but who have no need for, or interest in, things like credits and grades. Jill certainly isn't auditing in that sense.

I could certainly see someone in Jill's position wanting to audit classes (probably regular college classes, not law school) in a desire to make up for lost time and soak up knowledge. That person isn't Jill, though. Jill only wants to teach, and to tell people all the many many things she already knows (Jesus, cooking with canned soup, delivery babies, being a mom!!!, etc.). 

Jill goes to class with Derick because Gothard says so. If Derick's eyes stray, or he even has a thought outside of Orthodoxy, Jill will be there to protect him from himself.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

As other posters have mentioned, you can audit classes as a non-student.

At my university, auditing isn't free--in fact, there is an application process (with associated fees), a bunch of restrictions as far as which classes you can take, and you have to pay tuition as well (I just looked it up and it is definitely not cheap--a couple thousand per class). The difference is that you are a silent participant, are not required to take exams or complete assignments, and do not receive credit or a grade.

Edited by graefin
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

If you officially audit, you don't receive credit or a grade, but it does show up on your transcript--or at least it did for me. I audited 2 different classes as an undergrad because the information was useful to me but I already had an overload. I still did the readings but didn't have to do tests. It showed up on my transcript as no credits and no grade but with an audit designation. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Can someone who understands hashtags explain why he hash tagged "boys?" 

I think it is part of the #boymom trend. But she's too lazy to do it all the way? 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think it is part of the #boymom trend. But she's too lazy to do it all the way? 

Ah, yes. The #boymom trend. Because every mundane move a male child makes must be hashtagged to let the "girl moms" know their parenthood struggles can't compare. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

I totally think someone should write to UofA and ask what their position is on family members attending classes with students, or auditing for free, given they have a semi high profile student who is proclaiming on SM that their spouse is joining in as a “date”. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
28 minutes ago, awaken said:

I totally think someone should write to UofA and ask what their position is on family members attending classes with students, or auditing for free, given they have a semi high profile student who is proclaiming on SM that their spouse is joining in as a “date”. 

UofA alumna @Zella is on the case. 😁

• Love 14
8 hours ago, awaken said:

You don't think Dreck & wifey are using their religious 'rights' to skirt the no unregistered friends, family members, etc in class, do you? As in, claiming their religion reguires the spouse to be ever present as an accountability partner?

Being the legalistic dickhead that Der is, I can see him trying to pull such crap and the university not wanting to get caught up in a potential mess.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Derick, Gothard would not approve of that music as it leads to sinful moves implanted in your brain by the Devil! Shame, shame... 😈🕺

Hail Satan 😈

If Jill likes going to college so much perhaps she could take a class, oh I forgot she hasn’t got an education. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 3/13/2019 at 12:50 PM, Absolom said:

That looks like a "doctored" store pizza.  My daughter does it to add extra vegies to fresh store pizza (not frozen).  It's quick and easy on baseball practice night.  

Yeah, that crust is too round for Jill to have molded herself.  Unless this is her one domestic skill being able to create a perfectly round pizza crust from scratch.  I doubt it though.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I can't imagine Jill has any context to follow what's going on in Derick's classes. Sitting there must be terribly boring. She probably uses the time to update her lifestyle blogs. 

If Jill is  quiet but on her phone, it’s still a distraction to those next to her and in back of her. It’s like when someone uses their phone in a movie theater, your eyes automatically looks at it.

I agree  with those posters who think Jill is Derick’s support animal er person. Maybe, he’s so immature that he has to have someone with him every day for emotional support, and did get permission for her to be there. If so, she needs a wear a Big orange vest.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:
On 3/13/2019 at 9:50 AM, Absolom said:

That looks like a "doctored" store pizza.  My daughter does it to add extra vegies to fresh store pizza (not frozen).  It's quick and easy on baseball practice night.  

Yeah, that crust is too round for Jill to have molded herself.  Unless this is her one domestic skill being able to create a perfectly round pizza crust from scratch.  I doubt it though.

On cardboard no less.  She needs to learn to completely remove the packaging.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

That is the most annoying post I've read in a while. "Mommin' it"?! Wtf. Just say you're a slob when you eat and the mustard stain blended into the fugly shirt pattern.

Also, has Jilly finally discovered face tune and good lighting? She doesn't look like a 45 year old mother of 12 here. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Oh Jill, no honey.  No.  The print of the shirt did not make your ketchup & mustard stain "disappear".  It's because you caught it quick enough and followed it up with some water.  I get what she's going for, but that is not even remotely how to word it.  She's trying so hard, but she's not even treading water.  

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Oh Jill, no honey.  No.  The print of the shirt did not make your ketchup & mustard stain "disappear".  It's because you caught it quick enough and followed it up with some water.  I get what she's going for, but that is not even remotely how to word it.  She's trying so hard, but she's not even treading water.  

Jill is trying as hard as she can to be relevant. Poor Jill. Her entire upbringing was training to be irrelevant, so we're talking miracles here. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Comments Jill made on the post: ( I omitted the names of the people she responded to)

jillmdillard

She didn’t pay me 💵...but did give me the shirt. 💕Super sweet of her! 😊

jillmdillard

@discopinecone I’d most likely let people know about gifts I got anyway when I really like the product, but just want ppl to know when it’s been gifted in exchange for a post and/or payment. I don’t always agree to partner with ppl btw. Only the ones I like. 🙂

2 hours ago, Absolom said:

On cardboard no less.  She needs to learn to completely remove the packaging.

It might actually be a pizza stone. I wouldn't have particularly thought that would be something she would own, but who knows?

39 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

It might actually be a pizza stone. I wouldn't have particularly thought that would be something she would own, but who knows?

Yeah, I had the same thought but I noticed that I did not want to give her any credit so I hope it was cardboard. Bad karma for me, I know.

I want the video Dreck posted where Sammy kept putting the footrest of the recliner up and down to feature in the next episode of the escape plans of Sam and Yay.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, graefin said:

The nicest thing she can think of to say about the shirt is that the pattern blends in with spilled ketchup and mustard?

Yeah, I'm sold!

And it can be your for $42. !

C1142C81-23E9-43C8-B710-F963921BA7D9.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I'm 5'1". That would make a nightshirt on me. If I really, really wanted a poly blend floral nightshirt, Primark probably has one for eight dollars. 

Jill's hotdog story is written in her own voice. In other words, it probably sounds exactly the way she talks when she's not on camera. I wonder how Derick puts up with her yammering about the special events of her day--hotdogs, mustard, spills and such. Not that I really care how Derick feels about any of the consequences resulting from his marriage. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, awaken said:

Wow, does that model have major RBF!  She looks pissed!

Yeah doesn't help that that is an awkward pose she's holding. I know it's supposed to look tantalizing, but it kinda just looks like she's trying to ventilate her pants to me. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Yeah doesn't help that that is an awkward pose she's holding. I know it's supposed to look tantalizing, but it kinda just looks like she's trying to ventilate her pants to me. 

I feel defrauded by looking at her in that pose. I need Joy to come visit so she can scream “Nike” in my ear.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Jill's wearing the shirt again for a same side #datenight!!!

IMG_0071.PNG

Ummmm, I’m wondering why she didn’t bother to put on a clean shirt for “date night”.   Especially after she posted about her hot dog debacle earlier.   So hot! 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️🙄🤦🏼‍♀️

• LOL 16
  • Love 4